PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Junior Cup Final.

Mikey09
07-06-2015, 05:17 PM
I see the West coast bias doesn't stop with the seniors. Auchinleck beat Musselburgh 2-1. Game played at Rugby park, 20 mins from Auchinleck, an hour and a half from Musselburgh. A dodgy penalty given to win it... Where we seen that before?! :greengrin

Well done Stevie Mcleish for getting an un fancied team to the final. Good Hibby is Stevie... :thumbsup:

liamh2202
07-06-2015, 05:19 PM
Stevie is a top guy and an excellent manage r. Always wants his team to play the right way and a clued up sports scientist also . unlucky tonight and was never a pen as said above

Dalianwanda
07-06-2015, 05:23 PM
Managed to get the game on in Sligo....Outrage at the penalty from everyone watching..I'd love a bit of glory from one of the teams I support...One day..

bingo70
07-06-2015, 05:30 PM
Stevie was my coach at Edina. We were gash but always liked him and thought he might have done better with a better team.

Delighted for him that he seems to be doing well now.

Del Boy
07-06-2015, 06:39 PM
Was Stevie McLeish at hibs when mixu was boss? What was his role?

liamh2202
07-06-2015, 06:48 PM
Was Stevie McLeish at hibs when mixu was boss? What was his role?

Yes it is ... He was a first team coach at that time. He was my youth coach at his whilst working as a sports scientist at Telford college. He then worked with mixu at cowsen before coming back to hibs. He was then manager at Haddington juniors before getting the musselburgh job

Iggy Pope
07-06-2015, 07:47 PM
Yes it is ... He was a first team coach at that time. He was my youth coach at his whilst working as a sports scientist at Telford college. He then worked with mixu at cowsen before coming back to hibs. He was then manager at Haddington juniors before getting the musselburgh job

No malice at all here, but Hibs haven't half moved on in terms of technical staff.

liamh2202
07-06-2015, 08:13 PM
No malice at all here, but Hibs haven't half moved on in terms of technical staff.

To be fair I think his speciality was the fitness/science side of things and he is one of the best around in terms of that , who fills that role now out of interest ?

Iggy Pope
07-06-2015, 08:25 PM
To be fair I think his speciality was the fitness/science side of things and he is one of the best around in terms of that , who fills that role now out of interest ?

I think its Paul Green and probably has been since the Berwick friendly last close season., it wasn't a poke, but if the man in question was on the first team coaching staff at Hibs on the back of gigs at Edina then Cowdenbeath, we are doing better now.

Iggy Pope
07-06-2015, 08:30 PM
PS. Reading back, thread hijacked a bit sorry. Unlucky Mussy.

Future17
07-06-2015, 10:23 PM
I think its Paul Green and probably has been since the Berwick friendly last close season., it wasn't a poke, but if the man in question was on the first team coaching staff at Hibs on the back of gigs at Edina then Cowdenbeath, we are doing better now.

A bit unfair/snobby/elitist no?

Everyone has to start (and learn their trade) somewhere. God knows we've had great players from humble beginnings and crap players from not so humble beginnings!

Purple & Green
07-06-2015, 11:06 PM
I see the West coast bias doesn't stop with the seniors. Auchinleck beat Musselburgh 2-1. Game played at Rugby park, 20 mins from Auchinleck, an hour and a half from Musselburgh. A dodgy penalty given to win it... Where we seen that before?! :greengrin

Well done Stevie Mcleish for getting an un fancied team to the final. Good Hibby is Stevie... :thumbsup:

I'm told that Hibs were approached about using Easter Road for the final, but despite the Scotland game taking place on Friday that Easter Road was unavailable. Shame, if true.

Stax
07-06-2015, 11:41 PM
Enjoyed the game a lot more than the dire Ireland v England game on earlier.. Although no danger it was a penalty, You'll not see a better taken spot kick, boy took it really well.

monktonharp
08-06-2015, 12:14 AM
was gutted for Stephen Mc Leish, and the Mussie boys. they had most of the play in the first half and conceded a good goal against the run of play. battled back with a cracker and I thought the penalty was more than harsh, nae luck with that but they can be proud of their effort.

Haymaker
08-06-2015, 12:17 AM
Sad to hear Mussy lost. I have connections to the town through my mum and dad (and further family) so would have liked to have seen them bring it home.

Pretty sure my Uncle Eddie was treasurer once of the club? Could be mistaken though.

GlasgowHibee
08-06-2015, 12:32 AM
I'm told that Hibs were approached about using Easter Road for the final, but despite the Scotland game taking place on Friday that Easter Road was unavailable. Shame, if true.

It's because the pitch was getting torn up today, and there was a lot of heavy machinery moving into position.

superfurryhibby
08-06-2015, 06:50 AM
It's because the pitch was getting torn up today, and there was a lot of heavy machinery moving into position.

But for why? The pitch is looking pretty good, maybe the best I can remember at this time of year.

Watched some of the game. Some good moments from both sides, although it all got very ragged in the last quarter. Crowds at Junior finals seem pretty small these days though!

El Gubbz
08-06-2015, 07:24 AM
It's always played at Rugby Park so doubt it was ever going to be played at ER. As for west coast bias... I went to the last Musselburgh v Auchinlech final a few years ago thinking it was bad enough playing an Ayrshire team in Ayrshire... Then I picked up the programme to read that the referee was also from Ayrshire!

Purple & Green
08-06-2015, 08:11 AM
It's always played at Rugby Park

In two of the last three years it was played at Livingston. Last year was two ayrshire teams so it made sense to play at Kilmarnock. Almondvale wasn't available this year, which would have made more sense.

easty
08-06-2015, 08:14 AM
It shouldn't have been a pen, but Auchinleck deserved to win. The Mussy left back had a ropey end to the match unfortunately, the boy who won the pen should never have got the chance to go down, the ball should have been dealt with well before then. Shamed for the laddie.

MB62
08-06-2015, 10:04 AM

But for why? The pitch is looking pretty good, maybe the best I can remember at this time of year.

:agree:

silverhibee
08-06-2015, 11:07 AM
So that the 3G pitch will be ready for the new season, it's a secret.

3pm
08-06-2015, 11:17 AM
In two of the last three years it was played at Livingston. Last year was two ayrshire teams so it made sense to play at Kilmarnock. Almondvale wasn't available this year, which would have made more sense.

Couple of the Bonnyrigg fans were in the Anvil last week Bobby. Said Livvy wanted too much cash. Don't know if that's true.

superfurryhibby
08-06-2015, 11:20 AM
So that the 3G pitch will be ready for the new season, it's a secret.

Your joking?

Disgrace, football should be played on grass etc, etc. I was going to buy a season ticket, but they can GTF. If the plastic appears, mine disappears. So much for all this feel good stuff. Just shows how out if touch our board are, it's a pack of cards and Petrie holds the aces.

You have convinced me Silvio!:wink:

Keith_M
08-06-2015, 11:29 AM
Crowds at Junior finals seem pretty small these days though!

Was just thinking the same.

They used to play the final at Hampden in the dim and distant past and, while it was far from full, Attendances were often quite impressive (usually 5 figures)

fatbloke
08-06-2015, 11:52 AM
Dodgy timing for time added on. all out of ply from 90 mins to 92 mins 3 mins added so game should have ended at 95 mins. Ref blew for time at 94. My maw is from Kilmarnock but to play at Killie with an Ayrshire team in final plus ref from Ayrshire Jeezo:rolleyes:. If Scotland ever needed an enema I would shove it right up Ayrshire.

Iggy Pope
08-06-2015, 12:02 PM
A bit unfair/snobby/elitist no?

Everyone has to start (and learn their trade) somewhere. God knows we've had great players from humble beginnings and crap players from not so humble beginnings!

I did say I wasn't having a poke, but no, it's none of the above. I think our standing in the game and the revenue the club generates demands the right level and experience of qualified FIRST TEAM pro coaching staff.
The discussion isn't about players. It's about coaching them. And we've moved on.

silverhibee
08-06-2015, 12:04 PM
Your joking?

Disgrace, football should be played on grass etc, etc. I was going to buy a season ticket, but they can GTF. If the plastic appears, mine disappears. So much for all this feel good stuff. Just shows how out if touch our board are, it's a pack of cards and Petrie holds the aces.

You have convinced me Silvio!:wink:

Not to sure about the colour though.

http://www.bsufootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/banner-stadium-dark-blue.jpg

:thumbsup:

ronaldo7
08-06-2015, 12:37 PM

And the referee was from Kilwinning.

Mikey09
08-06-2015, 12:43 PM
Dodgy timing for time added on. all out of ply from 90 mins to 92 mins 3 mins added so game should have ended at 95 mins. Ref blew for time at 94. My maw is from Kilmarnock but to play at Killie with an Ayrshire team in final plus ref from Ayrshire Jeezo:rolleyes:. If Scotland ever needed an enema I would shove it right up Ayrshire.

:faf:

And the referee was from Kilwinning.

:shocked:.... NOT!!!

hibeeleicester
08-06-2015, 12:58 PM
I did say I wasn't having a poke, but no, it's none of the above. I think our standing in the game and the revenue the club generates demands the right level and experience of qualified FIRST TEAM pro coaching staff.
The discussion isn't about players. It's about coaching them. And we've moved on.

These qualified pro coaching staff have to start somewhere don't they?

Iggy Pope
08-06-2015, 01:11 PM
These qualified pro coaching staff have to start somewhere don't they?

No doubt in my mind about that.

Purple & Green
08-06-2015, 01:32 PM
Couple of the Bonnyrigg fans were in the Anvil last week Bobby. Said Livvy wanted too much cash. Don't know if that's true.

It rings a bell Russell. The game might not be great money spinner, but you would think some senior clubs would take it. Livvy can't have had many 5K+ crowds this season.

liamh2202
08-06-2015, 02:30 PM

I think you are muddling up his football coaching and fitness coaching careers bud