PDA

View Full Version : Every game next season

lord bunberry
06-06-2015, 10:11 AM
I'm going to try and make every game next season. How many have managed this recently? Away league cup games are going to be the trickiest for me, but I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Pretty Boy
06-06-2015, 10:16 AM
I intended to do it this year but ended up missing 1 at home and I think 5 away.

Going to try again this year but other things in life tend to crop up so I doubt I'll manage.

lord bunberry
06-06-2015, 10:21 AM
I intended to do it this year but ended up missing 1 at home and I think 5 away.

Going to try again this year but other things in life tend to crop up so I doubt I'll manage.
That's my worry, if I have to go to a wedding or something like that. I'm going on holiday this month and I'll be going to Cheltenham in March. So unless we have a midweek game during Cheltenham I should be fine.

Baldy Foghorn
06-06-2015, 10:24 AM
I'm going to try and make every game next season. How many have managed this recently? Away league cup games are going to be the trickiest for me, but I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Managed every game home and away, cup etc for the past 20 years

3pm
06-06-2015, 10:30 AM

And you have the cheek to moan about loyalty points?! :greengrin

MichelleHibs
06-06-2015, 10:34 AM

So did I till I had my kids!! Too expensive to bring them every week and it's 'me time' when I'm at the footy lol!! I miss it but I don't miss all the travelling!

lord bunberry
06-06-2015, 10:40 AM
20 years !!! That's dedication. Do you still run the bus?

Jack
06-06-2015, 11:04 AM

Hats off to you Sir!

Geo_1875
06-06-2015, 11:06 AM

And never miissed a days work :)

Juice-Terry
06-06-2015, 11:21 AM

Hibs class!

IanM
06-06-2015, 11:27 AM
That's my worry, if I have to go to a wedding or something like that. I'm going on holiday this month and I'll be going to Cheltenham in March. So unless we have a midweek game during Cheltenham I should be fine.

Going to Cheltenham in October and March, 2 weddings and a 3 week American trip but I'll defo be going to the rest of the games.

Thecat23
06-06-2015, 11:28 AM
Off topic a little but is the ticket office open today? Need to renew before Monday.

Pretty Boy
06-06-2015, 11:31 AM

Snap for me with Cheltenham in March. Giving the Friday a miss this year though, £89 for club enclosure is taking the piss.

3pm
06-06-2015, 11:32 AM
Off topic a little but is the ticket office open today? Need to renew before Monday.

No just do it Online mate?!

lord bunberry
06-06-2015, 11:38 AM
Going to Cheltenham in October and March, 2 weddings and a 3 week American trip but I'll defo be going to the rest of the games.
I've never been to the October meeting, is it a bit quieter than the festival?

lord bunberry
06-06-2015, 11:40 AM
Snap for me with Cheltenham in March. Giving the Friday a mis as this year though, £89 for club enclosure is taking the loss.
I'm going Thursday Friday. It really is ridiculous the price they charge for gold cup day. I used to go for all 4 days but I can't handle that anymore :greengrin

IanM
06-06-2015, 11:55 AM
I've never been to the October meeting, is it a bit quieter than the festival?

I've only ever been to the festival. I'm hoping it is! We're booked up for March again. Only go the first 3 days and as with this year we'll be paying extra to go to the tents, much preferred having a table and seat for these old legs of mine

Thecat23
06-06-2015, 12:02 PM
No just do it Online mate?!

Ah right, no worries I'll do that now, cheers mate.

HibsNutter
06-06-2015, 01:01 PM
Easier said than done to be honest mate, but if you can make 9/10 that would be amazing. Don't think I've missed a home game in a few years but missed plenty away games.

greenlex
06-06-2015, 01:08 PM

Aye but you're no right in the head.😄

Baldy Foghorn
06-06-2015, 01:16 PM
20 years !!! That's dedication. Do you still run the bus?

Yes still run the bus.....

Scouse Hibee
06-06-2015, 02:28 PM

That's some achievement, must have been loads of things that have clashed over the years, how the hell have you managed to get out of them all?

MSK
06-06-2015, 02:32 PM
That's some achievement, must have been loads of things that have clashed over the years, how the hell have you managed to get out of them all?He chucked his filofax away ...:agree:

Iggy Pope
06-06-2015, 02:36 PM

I nearly did this in 1980/81, I missed a Scottish tie at Ibrox due to a wedding. The last Scottish tie I missed anywhere Btw. **** it's been hellish.
I managed every domestic game in 81/82 and 82/83 barring some friendlies. And it involved a lot of drink and a lot of buses.

I've failed every season since and probably will do again next year. You can't plan your holidays, your work, your life and every other buggers life around the Hibs.

Aldo
06-06-2015, 02:54 PM
I went home and away mid to late 80's until late 1990 with a former member of .net. Missed one game midweek to Aberdeen cos I couldn't get time off work.

Independent East Coast Hibs Bus!!

hibeemikey21
06-06-2015, 03:02 PM

You must have absolutely no cash left after all the counselling

Baldy Foghorn
06-06-2015, 04:00 PM
That's some achievement, must have been loads of things that have clashed over the years, how the hell have you managed to get out of them all?

My choice to cancel golf, not go to weddings, and even a free trip to F1 GP through work.....

lord bunberry
06-06-2015, 05:30 PM
Yes still run the bus.....

I will probably be in touch nearer the start of the season for a couple of seats if you've got any spare.

lord bunberry
06-06-2015, 05:33 PM
I nearly did this in 1980/81, I missed a Scottish tie at Ibrox due to a wedding. The last Scottish tie I missed anywhere Btw. **** it's been hellish.
I managed every domestic game in 81/82 and 82/83 barring some friendlies. And it involved a lot of drink and a lot of buses.

I've failed every season since and probably will do again next year. You can't plan your holidays, your work, your life and every other buggers life around the Hibs.

If I even hear a sniff of wedding bells I'm going to make sure the wedding is during the summer break or on a Friday(it's cheaper that day apparently)

Baldy Foghorn
06-06-2015, 05:34 PM
I will probably be in touch nearer the start of the season for a couple of seats if you've got any spare.

No problem

lord bunberry
06-06-2015, 05:35 PM
No problem

Does your bus still leave from Leith? I've been on your bus before when the Leith bus joined with yours due to a lack of numbers.

Baldy Foghorn
06-06-2015, 05:36 PM
Does your bus still leave from Leith? I've been on your bus before when the Leith bus joined with yours due to a lack of numbers.

Sunnyside then Harp & Castle

Sir David Gray
06-06-2015, 05:53 PM
After I left my last job at the end of January, I didn't miss a game as my current job is Monday-Friday and mainly 9-5 so I can make any weekend games and most matches during the week are manageable as well.

My previous job involved working most weekends so I hardly went to the football at all when I was there.

If I stay at my present job for the whole of next season, or at least remain on similar kind of hours, I fully expect to be at every match, with the possible exception of one in October as I'm away to Cyprus for a week.

FranckSuzy
06-06-2015, 08:07 PM
Aye but you're no right in the head.

:agree: :tee hee:

CraigHibee
06-06-2015, 09:22 PM

i would love to however i work until 2pm every saturday, i just head straight to ER after my work to get there just before kick off, the only away match i was lucky to get to was the livingston away match before the end of the season which was mid week

DH1875
07-06-2015, 11:28 AM
Might be hard to do every game next season if rangers only give us the 950 tickets for the games.

Eyrie
07-06-2015, 03:22 PM
Might be hard to do every game next season if rangers only give us the 950 tickets for the games.

Easily fixed - give them 1500 again for the first home game and tell them that we need 2000 if they want the full South Stand.