PDA

View Full Version : Brown, Fletcher & Whittaker Reminisce about Where it all Began

TheFamous1875
05-06-2015, 12:01 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/9875590/scotland-face-qatar-at-easter-road

TowerHibs
05-06-2015, 12:09 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/9875590/scotland-face-qatar-at-easter-road

Aye we were some outfit then.

1 thing that sticks out there is the size of Fletch and Roger. Machines and i suppose it shows the athletisism needed to succeeed down south. I thought that when Hearts played Spurs a few years ago and the young Spurs team looked like gladiators compared to the Hearts players.

Our guys need to dedicate themselves completely to the sport in order to reach the next level. More or less what Ronie Dial-a-Bus was saying at Celtic at the start of the season.

DavieRoy
05-06-2015, 12:19 PM
A 10 minute version is available on Sky Sports On Demand.

Go to Catch up then Sky Sports, Football then select the Scottish Football tab on the top.

Pretty Boy
05-06-2015, 12:23 PM
Nice wee piece there, good to see them speak well of Hibs. Not that I'd expect anything less from them.

Juice-Terry
05-06-2015, 12:50 PM
Aye we were some outfit then.

1 thing that sticks out there is the size of Fletch and Roger. Machines and i suppose it shows the athletisism needed to succeeed down south. I thought that when Hearts played Spurs a few years ago and the young Spurs team looked like gladiators compared to the Hearts players.

Our guys need to dedicate themselves completely to the sport in order to reach the next level. More or less what Ronie Dial-a-Bus was saying at Celtic at the start of the season.

Agreed. Fletch is HUUUGE.

grunt
05-06-2015, 12:53 PM
Fletch linked with a move to Celtic?

jacomo
05-06-2015, 01:21 PM

Advocaat seems to trust him so would be surprised if he moved this summer.

The_Exile
05-06-2015, 01:35 PM
Advocaat seems to trust him so would be surprised if he moved this summer.

Pretty sure Sunderland are managerless at the moment.

MyJo
05-06-2015, 01:39 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33008285

jacomo
05-06-2015, 01:39 PM

Advocaat changed his mind and has signed on for another season.

EDIT: too slow - as above!

The_Exile
05-06-2015, 01:43 PM
Advocaat changed his mind and has signed on for another season.

EDIT: too slow - as above!

Interesting, wonder how long he'll last before getting the bullet amid calls of "he never wanted to be here in the first place" :greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-06-2015, 01:53 PM
Want the three of them back please...:agree:

jacomo
05-06-2015, 02:10 PM
Interesting, wonder how long he'll last before getting the bullet amid calls of "he never wanted to be here in the first place" :greengrin

Initially he said he was retiring from club management - he is 68 so fair enough!

Likely to be a short term appointment anyhow... Sunderland would love to get through one season without sacking the manager, but still seem to be in need of massive rebuilding.

Deansy
05-06-2015, 02:25 PM

Surely at 28 he's still got a few good years in front of him before taking the 'Once a big-time player but now looking for that last big pay-deal before retirement' route that Septic offer most older EPL players ?. Has the plus-side of their fans continuing to believe that their club is 'up there' with the big boys' and so they buy/renew season-tickets ?

SaulGoodman
05-06-2015, 02:31 PM
A 10 minute version is available on Sky Sports On Demand.

Go to Catch up then Sky Sports, Football then select the Scottish Football tab on the top.

Well spotted, watching it now :agree:

Smartie
05-06-2015, 02:38 PM
Fletch is a funny one, some managers seem to rate him, some don't. I suppose it was similar when he was here in that most fans rated him but many didn't think he was all that great.

I thought he was excellent with us and I think he's raised his game a few levels since he left us too.

I'd be gutted to see him at Celtic.

IndyHibs
05-06-2015, 03:37 PM
With 50 million quid evidently available for Advocaat to spend, I could see Fletch and just about anyone else on the squad made available for transfer.

Well, that's if you trust the Daily Mirror:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sunderland-changed-dick-advocaats-mind-5823635

jacomo
05-06-2015, 03:58 PM
With 50 million quid evidently available for Advocaat to spend, I could see Fletch and just about anyone else on the squad made available for transfer.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sunderland-changed-dick-advocaats-mind-5823635

£50m WAR CHEST doesn't go that far in the EPL these days...

Still, a new striker likely to be on the wanted list, so maybe SF will find his opportunities limited next season.

Obviously he wouldn't be able to get in our team either :greengrin

Iceman1875
05-06-2015, 04:36 PM
Brilliant video, enjoyed that. 3 great players who have went on to have decent careers.

At Easter Road we play...

Godsahibby
05-06-2015, 04:58 PM
Not a chance Ellis Short would dip his pockets for £50m. He is a billionaire for a reason!!

SquashedFrogg
05-06-2015, 07:04 PM
Not a chance Ellis Short would dip his pockets for £50m. He is a billionaire for a reason!!

True but £50m for a billionaire isn't actually that much I'm guessing

Doesn't even buy a yacht, plane, decent sausage roll etc for these people

Sean1875
05-06-2015, 10:10 PM
Fletch is a funny one, some managers seem to rate him, some don't. I suppose it was similar when he was here in that most fans rated him but many didn't think he was all that great.

I thought he was excellent with us and I think he's raised his game a few levels since he left us too.

I'd be gutted to see him at Celtic.

I remember when he was here he seemed terrified to hit a shot with anything other than his left foot most of the time! absolutely delighted with the way it's all worked out for him down South though, a true example of what you can do if you avoid the trip through on the M8

johnbc70
06-06-2015, 07:39 AM

They probably get that amount and more from Sky, so he does not need to dip into any pockets I am guessing!

Keith_M
06-06-2015, 10:09 AM
I remember when he was here he seemed terrified to hit a shot with anything other than his left foot most of the time! absolutely delighted with the way it's all worked out for him down South though, a true example of what you can do if you avoid the trip through on the M8

:agree:

It's worked out quite well for some (e.g. Brown) but others have just been wasted sitting on a subs bench.

Sean1875
06-06-2015, 10:11 AM
:agree:

It's worked out quite well for some (e.g. Brown) but others have just been wasted sitting on a subs bench.

agree to an extent with Brown being a success, still feel he could have been a much better player and achieved more if he'd gone down South though! :agree:

PeterboroHibee
06-06-2015, 10:40 AM

£50 million doesnt go very far for a Premiership club these days. Obviously it depends on the level of player and their situation, but that might only stretch to 3 players. Fletcher is one of their better players (even though I dont think theyve made the best use of him so far), so I cant see them letting him go.