PDA

View Full Version : Feel Good Factor

04-06-2015, 05:01 PM
Isn't it amazing what a year can do eh! This time last year the club was an utter mess to say the very least, the fans and the club as a whole was at a complete low and we were faced with a dark tunnel that at the time appeared to have no light at the end of it. We had been relegated in the most devastating way, we had no manager, no team and the general feeling around the club was that of utter mourning.

The club in the past year has gone through huge changes and created a revival that this time last year seemed beyond all hope. Now we have a new Chief executive who has a great vision for the club and has turned the club into a much more 'working together' type club, a good manager, a good team, making exciting signings, a strip launch that for the first time in years has gotten people excited, season ticket sales are going well and despite not winning promotion in the end there is such a buzz about the club atm. The players we have and that are coming in seem really happy and excited to be here and theres a great sense of optimism about the coming season.

I'm genuinely excited about where our club is heading and can't wait to get back to ER for the new season!

WE ARE HIBERNIAN FC :flag:

Waxy
04-06-2015, 05:15 PM
Guess none of us really realised just how poorly the club had been run.Probably for a very long time.
Its taken Leeann Dempster to show us just how bad it was by changing everything to right.Now we can see we've been fixed we are all delighted.
The changes behind the scenes must be huge and alot of credit must go to everyone employed by the club.
To me i didn't see how broken we'd been till we got fixed.Its like a new club.

04-06-2015, 05:34 PM
Guess none of us really realised just how poorly the club had been run.Probably for a very long time.
Its taken Leeann Dempster to show us just how bad it was by changing everything to right.Now we can see we've been fixed we are all delighted.
The changes behind the scenes must be huge and alot of credit must go to everyone employed by the club.
To me i didn't see how broken we'd been till we got fixed.Its like a new club.

Exactly. Unfortunately it took us to sink as low as relegation for us to realise that drastic changes were needed but thats in the past now, we have now turned a corner and have an exciting future ahead.

jacomo
04-06-2015, 06:50 PM
Silverhibee embarrassed a few of us (me included) recently that expressed a very similar sentiment from Jan 10 - just before results went into freefall under Yogi.

This club was poorly managed for too long. I'm confident we've hit the bottom and are now on the way back, but for me the first part of the rebuilding process isn't yet complete, never mind getting this club to where we all want it to be.

We've got some good people making decisions now and the team is playing decent football again - great stuff. But it's a bit early for celebrations IMO.

Tinribs
04-06-2015, 07:46 PM
Silverhibee embarrassed a few of us (me included) recently that expressed a very similar sentiment from Jan 10 - just before results went into freefall under Yogi.

This club was poorly managed for too long. I'm confident we've hit the bottom and are now on the way back, but for me the first part of the rebuilding process isn't yet complete, never mind getting this club to where we all want it to be.

We've got some good people making decisions now and the team is playing decent football again - great stuff. But it's a bit early for celebrations IMO.

Sorry, i don't understand if that is a dig at Silverhibee or praise? i don't recall the thread.

jacomo
04-06-2015, 11:42 PM
Sorry, i don't understand if that is a dig at Silverhibee or praise? i don't recall the thread.

No not a dig at all... A reminder that 6 months into Yogi's reign lots of us were quite giddy about where the club were headed, and it turned out to be a false dawn.

Things are looking a lot better than they did a year ago, but we've still got a long way to go.

Forza Fred
05-06-2015, 05:58 AM
On the down side, Petrie's still there

We have come a long way that's true, but I still think the final healing step will be taken until he goes

Peevemor
05-06-2015, 06:39 AM

We have come a long way that's true, but I still think the final healing step will be taken until he goes

Only if people keep posting this sort of comment.

Petrie's still there but he must be supporting/facilitating the stuff the LD & AS are doing otherwise they wouldn't be able to do it. Apart from that he's been pretty anonymous.

kennedy
05-06-2015, 07:51 AM

I honestly wish you and a few others would give up on the Petrie must be blamed for everything. Look to the future for goodness sake, he may still be here and for all you know he has maybe played a part in getting us to where we are now.

Spike Mandela
05-06-2015, 07:53 AM
No not a dig at all... A reminder that 6 months into Yogi's reign lots of us were quite giddy about where the club were headed, and it turned out to be a false dawn.

Things are looking a lot better than they did a year ago, but we've still got a long way to go.

Exactly. Things have improved significantly at the club but we failed in our objective last season as a football team and that was promotion. This year failure to get promotion would be unforgivable. No matter how well the club is run behind the scenes we just can't sustain an extended run in the lower leagues.

Last year after Butcher, relegation and the shambles of a preseason rebuild I wasn't very confident of Hibs doing well but Stubbs did a great job. This year my attitude is completely different and to be honest I EXPECT promotion. Over to you Alan and Leeann.

The Leith Dutch
05-06-2015, 10:52 AM

I think the issue Yogi had after that first 6 months was that teams figured out how to play us and we didn't have a back up plan.

It's by no means there yet but from what I've seen from Stubbs it looks like he wants to get at least a couple of different ways to play drilled in to the team.
That intention alone is, for me, one of his biggest attributes.

Forza Fred
05-06-2015, 08:40 PM
I honestly wish you and a few others would give up on the Petrie must be blamed for everything. Look to the future for goodness sake, he may still be here and for all you know he has maybe played a part in getting us to where we are now.

You are right.

He HAS played a part in getting us to where we are now.

A very significant part.