PDA

View Full Version : Who we announcing today ?

dp00
03-06-2015, 10:11 AM
Given we appear to be announcing a player or two a day ... Who do we think will be announced today ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-06-2015, 10:12 AM
Given we appear to be announcing a player or two a day ... Who do we think will be announced today ?

Stevenson contract renewal.

Mark79
03-06-2015, 10:14 AM
Allan extension would be a good one.

Mikey09
03-06-2015, 10:16 AM

Scotty Allan contract extension.... :woohoo:

Keith_M
03-06-2015, 10:21 AM
Proclaimers Gig at ER, with proceeds going to HSL.

dp00
03-06-2015, 10:22 AM

That would be an awesome gig ...

MrSmith
03-06-2015, 10:23 AM
Hopefully, Scott Robertson, Scot Allan & Lewis!

lovely!!

Hibbyradge
03-06-2015, 10:24 AM
No announcements today.

We don't want them all in just yet, anyway.

Transfer deadline day would be such a flop!

matty_f
03-06-2015, 10:26 AM
No announcements today.

We don't want them all in just yet, anyway.

Transfer deadline day would be such a flop!

'kin booooooooooo!!

Get them in today, get the fans enthusing about the new season and wanting to get on board with it, boost the season ticket sales and HSL subs, then we'll still have money to do business come transfer deadline day!

It's all about momentum, Radge!

MrSmith
03-06-2015, 10:31 AM
'kin booooooooooo!!

Get them in today, get the fans enthusing about the new season and wanting to get on board with it, boost the season ticket sales and HSL subs, then we'll still have money to do business come transfer deadline day!

It's all about momentum, Radge!

Definitely! Feel we have the nucleus of a team for the first time in years and one which can lay the foundations for life in the Premiership. I'm excited for first time in ages ...

Waxy
03-06-2015, 10:36 AM
It'd be good to be sitting back on transfer d day being completely happy that we're not signing anyone.

H18S NX
03-06-2015, 10:39 AM
It'd be good to be sitting back on transfer d day being completely happy that we're not signing anyone.....Happy to agree with that m8y :aok:

Mikey09
03-06-2015, 10:40 AM
Definitely! Feel we have the nucleus of a team for the first time in years and one which can lay the foundations for life in the Premiership. I'm excited for first time in ages ...

You should speak with MrsSmith... :greengrin

Andy74
03-06-2015, 10:41 AM

It is crucial we get some of the others signed up or replacements though just to get back to the quality of team we finished with.

We currently have no keepers, one right back, two centre halfs, no left back (that we have announced), and no midfielders who are more defensive minded.

Early days of course and I am last person to worry in June but its the spine that we are missing and that will be the vital thing to see who we get in those positions before getting too excited!

MrSmith
03-06-2015, 10:41 AM
You should speak with MrsSmith... :greengrin

lol aye :greengrin she has no interest in football but other things ...:aok:

Mikey09
03-06-2015, 10:44 AM
lol aye :greengrin she has no interest in football but other things ...:aok:

:faf:...................:devil:

R'Albin
03-06-2015, 10:58 AM
It is crucial we get some of the others signed up or replacements though just to get back to the quality of team we finished with.

We currently have no keepers, one right back, two centre halfs, no left back (that we have announced), and no midfielders who are more defensive minded.

Early days of course and I am last person to worry in June but its the spine that we are missing and that will be the vital thing to see who we get in those positions before getting too excited!

:agree:

It's undoubtedly the best squad we have had at this stage of the season in years but we are still behind where we were at the end of last season. I'd hope that we can have at least five signings/re-signings in the positions you have mentioned by the end of this month.

Still, this has been an extremely solid start to the window and credit to Dempster/Stubbs for that.

MB62
03-06-2015, 11:03 AM
Just got told about 5 mins ago that Eckersley is heading ER way (also got told at the same time that Holt was another we were looking at but I hope that's aloadypish, as a grumpy auld goat would say).

100% rumour BTW so if there's any bullets heading towards my piano, I'm ducking.

jane_says
03-06-2015, 11:08 AM
It'd be good to be sitting back on transfer d day being completely happy that we're not signing anyone.

This.

Give us a couple weeks into the season to identify anywhere we could do with improving but hopefully 95% of the squad is there by July.

GreenArmyyy!
03-06-2015, 11:09 AM
Just got told about 5 mins ago that Eckersley is heading ER way (also got told at the same time that Holt was another we were looking at but I hope that's aloadypish, as a grumpy auld goat would say).

100% rumour BTW so if there's any bullets heading towards my piano, I'm ducking.

Eckersley has already said on Twitter to somebody, "I wish Hibs all the best but I'm not going there pal".

Delboy4
03-06-2015, 11:10 AM

Also that we are not losing any players last minute. I would hate to hear that smug burger saying lets go over to Ibrox where Scott Allan has just arrived for talks!
Let's get everybody signed up, go on holidays and ready for pre-season training on return.

GGTTH

Argylehibby
03-06-2015, 11:10 AM
Allan extension would be a good one.

that's not being announced until the season ticket sales start to slow down :wink:

crossy1875
03-06-2015, 11:19 AM
Keep hearing Matty Gilks but could be :blah::blah:

Waxy
03-06-2015, 11:27 AM
Also that we are not losing any players last minute. I would hate to hear that smug burger saying lets go over to Ibrox where Scott Allan has just arrived for talks!
Let's get everybody signed up, go on holidays and ready for pre-season training on return.

GGTTHIt would be complete nonsense to sell Scott Allan to Rangers. Why would we make promotion far more difficult for ourselves when we don't need to? If he does go' it wont be to Rangers.

MB62
03-06-2015, 11:57 AM
Eckersley has already said on Twitter to somebody, "I wish Hibs all the best but I'm not going there pal".

Fair enough, that's entirely up to him and I'm not disappointed.

Heisenberg
03-06-2015, 12:22 PM
Keep hearing Matty Gilks but could be :blah::blah:

Burnley were watching Cummings weren't they....

West hamBERNIAN
03-06-2015, 01:25 PM

Going to see them at Southend on Sunday night. Not heard anything about the profits going to hsl though👍

The_Horde
03-06-2015, 02:03 PM
that's not being announced until the season ticket sales start to slow down :wink:

Or we could announce it now, stop people talking and get more supporters signed up now!

jacomo
03-06-2015, 02:29 PM

Having done my best over the past 2 days to try to warm to this player, I now revert to my previous position - he's a ***** Hertz ****.

:wink:

The_Horde
03-06-2015, 03:53 PM
An ex hearts captain on a shortish deal?..

bingo70
03-06-2015, 03:58 PM

If we're signing Gary Mackay Petrie can go **** himself, don't care how short a deal it is.

Smartie
03-06-2015, 03:59 PM

Webster?

They were linked with him going back were they not?

HappyHanlon
03-06-2015, 04:34 PM
Webster?

They were linked with him going back were they not?

We'd be better with Kevin Webster!

I thought AW retired :confused:

Smartie
03-06-2015, 05:54 PM
We'd be better with Kevin Webster!

I thought AW retired :confused:

Contract at Coventry has just expired and I'm sure he has been freed.

I didn't know what had happened to him, hadn't heard of him for a while and certainly hadn't heard that he'd retired.

I was talking a Jambo mate about him a few weeks ago (I know, I know) and he was getting excited about his return. I pointed out that I wouldn't take him over Hanlon, Forster or Fontaine but that I thought he was a decent player in his day.

I just couldn't think of any other ex-Hearts captains that might be available.

Danny Wilson would be quite funny, not that we need another left-sided centre-back.