PDA

View Full Version : Leith Links - Second Year Anniversary

FranckSuzy
02-06-2015, 06:57 PM
In another couple of weeks, it'll be two years since Leith Links was formed but I couldn't wait to advise everyone that donations have now exceeded £20,000 http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif I am honestly amazed and humbled by the support received from fellow fans and cannot thank you enough for helping more children attend games at Easter Road.

Direct Debits and standing orders now stand at £350 per month and what with season tickets, HSL and a share issue on the go, I appreciate the backing shown by the fans for this additional scheme too.

No doubt you will have seen, or been part of, the initiative to get more children along to the recent play-off game. A very generous Hibby contacted the club to offer £1,000 to be used for kids tickets and I was delighted to be asked to help distribute the tickets, via groups who receive Kicks for Kids STs from Leith Links. Over £4,000 was raised between here, Leith Links and the Bounce, which I am sure you will agree is a remarkable amount, and even though the result didn't go our way, hopefully we've gained some new Hibby's from it or at the very least given some children a day out to remember. Also, a massive thanks to Sue McLernon at Hibs for all of her hard work and the .net poster 'pacorosssco' who had the initial idea of fellow fans buying tickets for children to use.

A recent auction of signed tops (two of which were kindly donated by.netters) raised over £1,000 which is an remarkable amount, yet again. Amazingly, one of the lucky bidders generously offered the top to another charity to raise funds and I'm delighted to advise that Kids In The Street (KITS), who provide free football coaching for children in the Niddrie/Craigmillar area, will benefit from this additional fundraiser.

Finally, a group of ten children from the Multi-Cultural Family Base (MCFB) will be guests at the Scotland game on Friday at Easter Road, after a Trustee of the Tartan Army Children's Charity contacted Leith Links after reading of our work. On top of attending the match, they will all receive a Scotland top plus £10 to spend at the game. A wonderful gesture, I'm sure you'll agree.

So, what next? Well, a football tournament is being planned for later on this year (Petrofac Cup fixtures permitting!) and a mini-festival with MCFB is in the pipeline, so it's all go. We've also raised enough, so far, for 89 Kicks for Kids STs for next season but additional donations are always welcome :thumbsup:

All-in-all, none of this would have been possible without the backing of the Hibs support, both financially and/or by spreading the word, so once again, thank you. From the HSA, branches, forums, club employees (both current and former :wink:), businesses and individual fans, the support has been tremendous. What a team, what a support http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not%20worthy.gif GGTTH.

oconnors_strip
02-06-2015, 07:31 PM
I just want to say a big thank you to you Susan for all your hard work and time you have put in to this great set up. If we had an award for fund raiser fan of the year last season it would have been you :wink::thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
02-06-2015, 07:43 PM
I just want to say a big thank you to you Susan for all your hard work and time you have put in to this great set up. If we had an award for fund raiser fan of the year last season it would have been you :wink::thumbsup:

Or biggest scranner :tee hee: Cheers N :aok:

Benny Brazil
02-06-2015, 07:46 PM
I've said it before - but its worth saying again - am in awe of the work you do on this FS :not worth

hibbybrian
02-06-2015, 07:47 PM
I'd just like to add my thanks to both of you Ladies, firstly to Susie for getting the KfK Programme linked to Leith Links, helping to raise such a high level of interest and support for the kids AND also to OC strip for keeping us updated with the younger teams progress.

Well done Ladies :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
02-06-2015, 08:07 PM
In another couple of weeks, it'll be two years since Leith Links was formed but I couldn't wait to advise everyone that donations have now exceeded £20,000 http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif I am honestly amazed and humbled by the support received from fellow fans and cannot thank you enough for helping more children attend games at Easter Road.

Direct Debits and standing orders now stand at £350 per month and what with season tickets, HSL and a share issue on the go, I appreciate the backing shown by the fans for this additional scheme too.

No doubt you will have seen, or been part of, the initiative to get more children along to the recent play-off game. A very generous Hibby contacted the club to offer £1,000 to be used for kids tickets and I was delighted to be asked to help distribute the tickets, via groups who receive Kicks for Kids STs from Leith Links. Over £4,000 was raised between here, Leith Links and the Bounce, which I am sure you will agree is a remarkable amount, and even though the result didn't go our way, hopefully we've gained some new Hibby's from it or at the very least given some children a day out to remember. Also, a massive thanks to Sue McLernon at Hibs for all of her hard work and the .net poster 'pacorosssco' who had the initial idea of fellow fans buying tickets for children to use.

A recent auction of signed tops (two of which were kindly donated by.netters) raised over £1,000 which is an remarkable amount, yet again. Amazingly, one of the lucky bidders generously offered the top to another charity to raise funds and I'm delighted to advise that Kids In The Street (KITS), who provide free football coaching for children in the Niddrie/Craigmillar area, will benefit from this additional fundraiser.

Finally, a group of ten children from the Multi-Cultural Family Base (MCFB) will be guests at the Scotland game on Friday at Easter Road, after a Trustee of the Tartan Army Children's Charity contacted Leith Links after reading of our work. On top of attending the match, they will all receive a Scotland top plus £10 to spend at the game. A wonderful gesture, I'm sure you'll agree.

So, what next? Well, a football tournament is being planned for later on this year (Petrofac Cup fixtures permitting!) and a mini-festival with MCFB is in the pipeline, so it's all go. We've also raised enough, so far, for 89 Kicks for Kids STs for next season but additional donations are always welcome :thumbsup:

All-in-all, none of this would have been possible without the backing of the Hibs support, both financially and/or by spreading the word, so once again, thank you. From the HSA, branches, forums, club employees (both current and former :wink:), businesses and individual fans, the support has been tremendous. What a team, what a support http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not%20worthy.gif GGTTH.

Remarkable - both the sums raised and the work that you do :aok:

FranckSuzy
02-06-2015, 08:17 PM
I've said it before - but its worth saying again - am in awe of the work you do on this FS :not worth

Thanks BB :aok: The pleasure is all mine :agree:

I'd just like to add my thanks to both of you Ladies, firstly to Susie for getting the KfK Programme linked to Leith Links, helping to raise such a high level of interest and support for the kids AND also to OC strip for keeping us updated with the younger teams progress.

Well done Ladies :thumbsup:

Brian, thank you for all of your support over the last couple of years. The Canongate Youth Project is a fantastic scheme and one which we will be proudly supporting again next season :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
02-06-2015, 08:19 PM
Remarkable - both the sums raised and the work that you do :aok:

John, thanks for all of your support in this. Your advice, backing, donations of books etc (oh, and money :tee hee:) has been very gratefully received :not worth

monktonharp
02-06-2015, 08:26 PM
Well done again Suzy. our next branch meeting will discuss a possible donation for a couple of kids tickets. we were in a bit of disarray last season, with all that happened at the club.

FranckSuzy
02-06-2015, 08:36 PM
Well done again Suzy. our next branch meeting will discuss a possible donation for a couple of kids tickets. we were in a bit of disarray last season, with all that happened at the club.

Thanks very much, W. The first donation I received was from MM :thumbsup:

Bostonhibby
02-06-2015, 09:16 PM
Terrific work Susan, making it happen takes some doing. For me, one of the good things about being a Hibby last year in particular.:not worth

FranckSuzy
02-06-2015, 10:13 PM
Terrific work Susan, making it happen takes some doing. For me, one of the good things about being a Hibby last year in particular.:not worth

Thanks for your continued support, K :aok:

Eyrie
03-06-2015, 06:53 PM
It's a great way to help kids and the club at the same time. Thanks again to FS for her hard work.