PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: CARMICHAEL JOINS HIBERNIAN

RSS Bot
02-06-2015, 02:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5475)

AngusHibby
02-06-2015, 02:02 PM
All the signings making so much sense. What a difference Stubbs has been in the transfer market.

worcesterhibby
More good news..Alan and Leanne and the team are really making a statement of intent !

Mikey09
WOW!! Another fantastic signing... Got to hand it to the club, they are doing there bit. Welcome to Hibs Danny!! :thumbsup:

GreenArmyyy!
What a wonderful couple of days!

Waxy
02-06-2015, 02:04 PM
Welcome DC and well done again the Hiibees.

Big_Franck
02-06-2015, 02:06 PM
Welcome to Hibs Dan :aok:

green.and.white
02-06-2015, 02:07 PM
Another exciting addition :flag:

BoltonHibernian
02-06-2015, 02:10 PM
Well done Hibs! Keep them coming!

J-C
02-06-2015, 02:10 PM
More good news,well done everyone at Hibs, 1st time in years I've been excited about a transfer window. :thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
02-06-2015, 02:11 PM
Another signing and we're barely out of June!

Exciting addition and every sigbing thus far has made perfect sense.

Well done Hibs and welcome Daniel.

Stevie Reid
Superb!

Diclonius
Guess he wants to be called "Dan" now. :greengrin

Edinburgh Green
So refreshing to have players in before the start of pre season.

Bostonhibby
Great signing, on what I have seen this is the guy I most wanted us to sign.

db03
best thing about this is Stubbs looks to be getting everyone in early enough to get the squad settled again. No last minute panics!
excellent stuff from all at Hibs :thumbsup:

Vault Boy
02-06-2015, 02:12 PM
Amazing couple of days for the club. Welcome Danny!

WestStandMoaner
02-06-2015, 02:12 PM
WOW!! Another fantastic signing... Got to hand it to the club, they are doing there bit. Welcome to Hibs Danny!! :thumbsup:

Got to agree, delighted with the last couple of days, LD and AS are doing the business, in return my son and I will now be renewing our season tickets

Stevie Reid
02-06-2015, 02:14 PM
Him and David Gray combining down the right is a lovely prospect.

PatHead
02-06-2015, 02:15 PM
Welcome Danny. Look forward to seeing you create some chances for the forwards!

Thecat23
02-06-2015, 02:16 PM
💦💦

Hermit Crab
02-06-2015, 02:26 PM
Credit to all at the club for the signings over the last few days. Very refreshing to get things done early doors rather than last minute efforts. :gwa:

Future17
02-06-2015, 02:29 PM

We're barely in it! :wink:

lyonhibs
02-06-2015, 02:32 PM

Just to clarify, we're barely into June :greengrin

Understandable to get a bit befuddled with all this business getting done early.

Previous Hibs regimes would have been getting Alistair Carmichael in on a 6 month loan 2 seconds before the transfer window "slammed shut"

The difference is tangible, long overdue and most welcome :agree:

hibees 7062
02-06-2015, 02:39 PM
Where does that leave Boyle ?

RCNG
02-06-2015, 02:39 PM
💦💦

Hahaha

JJP
02-06-2015, 02:43 PM

Wouldn't have thought it would change anything. We need cover and competition for places.

alexhibs
02-06-2015, 02:45 PM
Buzzing:thumbsup:what a week so far

Gatecrasher
02-06-2015, 02:48 PM
More good news, welcome to the club.

Squealing pig
02-06-2015, 03:20 PM
Well done all involved in this great signing

MyJo
02-06-2015, 03:28 PM

A welcome addition on a permanent basis when he signs his contract :wink:

Plenty of space in the squad for him, we're a bit top heavy on strikers but could do with a few more additions in midfield and defence to give competition for places

trev the hat
02-06-2015, 03:30 PM
Excellent signing AGAIN, welcome Dan & top work Hibs :aok:

craigmounthibby
02-06-2015, 03:35 PM
Wouldn't have thought it would change anything. We need cover and competition for places.
Boyle is a Dundee player. I'd be very happy for him to sign a permanent deal with us, but I'd suggest this very good signing makes that less likely. Can't see there being a need for Harris, Carmichael and Boyle - I expect 2 of these 3 to start pre-season with us.

PPZPOL
02-06-2015, 03:37 PM
WOW! A squad together for preseason!? This is mental, so unlike us but looks like we have our act together at last. Brilliant news again.

How often do we sign folk a few weeks before season starts as they have no other options and have stalled signing with us in case something better turned up. They then turn round and say "not match fit yet but just you wait till Oct/Nov/Dec till I'm fully fit". Now players are signing because of the Management team and getting pen to paper early doors so a full preseason will be completed. Refreshing and the club has given us the boost we all needed after the play-offs.

GreenArmyyy!
02-06-2015, 03:46 PM
Boyle is a Dundee player. I'd be very happy for him to sign a permanent deal with us, but I'd suggest this very good signing makes that less likely. Can't see there being a need for Harris, Carmichael and Boyle - I expect 2 of these 3 to start pre-season with us.

Hopefully Boyle and Carmichael, more than happy to swap Harris out for him.

jdships
02-06-2015, 03:47 PM

Spoke with one of the " development " backroom team this morning and he says Boyle will stay at Dundee and Carmichael is a replacement for him
Fair enough in my book :thumbsup:
:flag:

Libby Hibby
02-06-2015, 03:51 PM
Spoke with one of the " development " backroom team this morning and he says Boyle will stay at Dundee and Carmichael is a replacement for him
Fair enough in my book :thumbsup:
:flag:

Boyle is at Dundee though, not Utd

Jones28
02-06-2015, 04:05 PM
This time season terry butcher was in limbo and we didn't even know if he was staying or going, this time around we've signed 2 great players and extended 2 of our top players deals - spot on from Hibs!

CRAZYHIBBY
02-06-2015, 04:12 PM
This time season terry butcher was in limbo and we didn't even know if he was staying or going, this time around we've signed 2 great players and extended 2 of our top players deals - spot on from Hibs!

nice to get business done early for a change

Kavinho
02-06-2015, 04:13 PM
I have no idea if he's decent or otherwise, save for my faith in the player recruitment team.

Great that we are moving quickly, and hope that that is combined with continuously improving the player pool.

Looking forward to him being a blindingly good signing for us

FranckSuzy
02-06-2015, 04:14 PM
Got to agree, delighted with the last couple of days, LD and AS are doing the business, in return my son and I will now be renewing our season tickets

Nice one, M :aok:

Greencore
02-06-2015, 04:37 PM
New deals for Gray, Fyvie, and now DC and keatings how can we afford this?

Baldy Foghorn
02-06-2015, 04:39 PM

ST sales and HSL.....

Funny as I read the share issue was merely a ponzi scheme somewhere:cb:cb:cb

Lago
02-06-2015, 04:45 PM

Lets not rush it, into June.:greengrin

BSEJVT
02-06-2015, 04:47 PM
We are obviously using the share purchase monies to fund the short term working capital, which is pretty much as I expected we would be.

The references to HSL's support make this clear.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

The share "issue" is nowhere near subscribed so this can carry on for a few years.

Whilst I have always and will continue to support the fan ownership plans, it is the case that the supporters rather than STF are now funding the clubs working capital needs.

Again I always recognised this would be the case and have no problem at all with it.

Maybe the thinking is that we can generate a new "upward spiral" which will replace funding from this source when the share "issue" is fully subscribed

Or maybe there will be the option to convert contributions to HSL into a voluntary contribution to the club, maybe STF and RP will sell further shares to a better established HSL / Fans ownership trust?

Who knows?

One thing I think we can all rejoice in is that our club finally seems to be on the right road again, there are challenges off the field as well as on ahead but we are in a far far better place than we were a year ago.

Sir David Gray
02-06-2015, 04:55 PM
I love Alan Stubbs and Leeann Dempster.

Brightside
02-06-2015, 04:57 PM
We are obviously using the share purchase monies to fund the short term working capital, which is pretty much as I expected we would be.

The share "issue" is nowhere near subscribed so this can carry on for a few years.

Whilst I have always and will continue to support the fan ownership plans, it is the case that the supporters rather than STF are now funding the clubs working capital needs.

Again I always recognised this would be the case and have no problem at all with it.

Maybe the thinking is that we can generate a new "upward spiral" which will replace funding from this source when the share "issue" is fully subscribed

Or maybe there will be the option to convert contributions to HSL into a voluntary contribution to the club, maybe STF and RP will sell further shares to a better established HSL / Fans ownership trust?

Who knows?

One thing I think we can all rejoice in is that our club finally seems to be on the right road again, there are challenges off the field as well as on ahead but we are in a far far better place than we were a year ago.

This was stated at the launch of the HSL...the money would go to Stubbs for team development. The Others said it would be going in STFs pocket.

Lucius Apuleius
02-06-2015, 04:57 PM
As I said fir years, if we build it they will come. Just never thought we would be relegated doing it. 😄

Jim44
02-06-2015, 05:01 PM

I trust this isn't a mischievous question. :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
02-06-2015, 05:06 PM

Who knows?

It's not "desperate", though. The HSL money was always meant to be for the player budget, no matter what league we were in.

Andy74
02-06-2015, 05:12 PM
It's not "desperate", though. The HSL money was always meant to be for the player budget, no matter what league we were in.

It's also being well overplayed to drum up interest.

As it stands we are just getting back to where we finished the season in terms of budget. We are still a few players short so this isn't running out and getting extra players!

BSEJVT
02-06-2015, 05:20 PM
Apologies

Poorly worded on my part, my idea of desperate is being in the championship and I would personally have spent the monies whether that was what was intended or not to get us out.

The fact that it was always intended to be so is better than my panic stricken approach :greengrin

I am quite happy with what we are doing at this stage and as Andy says there will still be slack in the budget, so I don't think we are finished by a long way yet.

We will still need to address how to replace the HSL / Share monies in the player budget when that " issue" is fully subscribed but I am comfortable that can be done without huge pain.

Keith_M
02-06-2015, 05:32 PM

1/4 mill parachute payment?

:wink:

Andy74
02-06-2015, 05:34 PM
Apologies

Poorly worded on my part, my idea of desperate is being in the championship and I would personally have spent the monies whether that was what was intended or not to get us out.

The fact that it was always intended to be so is better than my panic stricken approach :greengrin

I am quite happy with what we are doing at this stage and as Andy says there will still be slack in the budget, so I don't think we are finished by a long way yet.

We will still need to address how to replace the HSL / Share monies in the player budget when that " issue" is fully subscribed but I am comfortable that can be done without huge pain.

I'm just going to keep my payments going. I hope others do as well.

CropleyWasGod
02-06-2015, 05:40 PM
Apologies

We will still need to addreses how to replace the HSL / Share monies in the player budget when that " issue" is fully subscribed but I am comfortable that can be done without huge pain.

My guess on that is that it's already planned for......:greengrin

The current HSL/shares cash, although earmarked for the playing budget, will take into account the fact that players' contracts will be for 2 or 3 years. It therefore can't be spent in the one year.

However, it will be augmented by more people taking up the scheme over the next couple of years..... perhaps as people start to see the worth of it, or can afford it more than they can just now.

By the time the shares have been fully subscribed...... and this is conjecture, of course.....we'll be so high up the League that we won't need the HSL money. :cb

Big_Franck
02-06-2015, 05:44 PM
Hibs TV: Carmichael on Hibernian Move

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvgiGvSwU7Q

Nevi_SOL
02-06-2015, 05:49 PM

noticed dan said stubbs was wanting a couple of wingers in so that could mean another

nellio
02-06-2015, 05:51 PM
Really like the direction we're going in at the moment. Very encouraging!

Billy Whizz
02-06-2015, 05:51 PM
noticed dan said stubbs was wanting a couple of wingers in so that could mean another

My Queens supporting nephew, wonders why we're calling him Daniel/Dan, as he knows him as Danny

Keith_M
02-06-2015, 06:06 PM
My Queens supporting nephew, wonders why we're calling him Daniel/Dan, as he knows him as Danny

Cool, then he has a ready made song.

:singing:

"Oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
From glen to glen, and down the mountain side"

Greencore
02-06-2015, 06:15 PM
I trust this isn't a mischievous question. :greengrin

Not at all haha. A few jambo pricks have been saying its funds from Scott Allan sale... Totally forgot about hsl.

Baldy Foghorn
02-06-2015, 06:17 PM
Not at all haha. A few jambo pricks have been saying its funds from Scott Allan sale... Totally forgot about hsl.

Moral of story, don't talk or listen to a yam.....

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-06-2015, 06:21 PM

Boyle maybe?

BSEJVT
02-06-2015, 06:54 PM

That my hope too.

Del Boy
02-06-2015, 07:01 PM
Pleased with this signing. Looks a very skilful player.

When does pre season start?

PPZPOL
02-06-2015, 07:35 PM

Wonder how many times "obviously" were said during that interview.....and also at times when things were not even that obvious...to me anyway.

Good addition, young and hungry and will be absolutely buzzing to go for it come preseason. Liking the signing policy thus far, suppose others will leave but for once in many years we are keeping a nucleus of squad together so should stand us in good stead moving forward and really hit ground running!

Can't wait!!!!!!

Gatecrasher
02-06-2015, 07:55 PM
Is there an option to do that?

Sean1875
02-06-2015, 08:40 PM
was our shocking initial start to the season last year that realistically cost us a decent crack at the title. with these signings and contract renewals all in place and presumably still being worked on, what a difference it will make to the start of the season having everything ready to go! great work LD & AS

StevieT
02-06-2015, 08:49 PM
Wonder how many times "obviously" were said during that interview.....and also at times when things were not even that obvious...to me anyway.

Good addition, young and hungry and will be absolutely buzzing to go for it come preseason. Liking the signing policy thus far, suppose others will leave but for once in many years we are keeping a nucleus of squad together so should stand us in good stead moving forward and really hit ground running!

Can't wait!!!!!!

I think I counted 17

ian cruise
02-06-2015, 09:01 PM

Can't wait!!!!!!

We have quite a problem with folks answering the phones in my office doing that when they speak to customers, they don't even realise they're doing it. Like you say, what they are talking about isn't obvious to the other person so it can lead to a few angry customers.

More importantly though, welcome to the club Dan

PPZPOL
02-06-2015, 09:14 PM
We have quite a problem with folks answering the phones in my office doing that when they speak to customers, they don't even realise they're doing it. Like you say, what they are talking about isn't obvious to the other person so it can lead to a few angry customers.

More importantly though, welcome to the club Dan

Its funny because we all have things we say over and over but its not often people are interviewed on camera so never really pick it up. He's obviously (no gag intended) nervous and that's good as well, he's choking to get going and that's a positive!

hibees 7062
02-06-2015, 09:36 PM
Danny Carmichael is a good signing for Hibs, Everton Kitman Tony Sage saw him twice before Xmas (not for Everton) & urged Stubbs to sign him

Bishop Hibee
02-06-2015, 09:44 PM
Another piece in the jigsaw. Wide left player next please. Getting greedy 😀

jdships
02-06-2015, 10:43 PM
Boyle is at Dundee though, not Utd

You are quite right of course
my excuse is I am 83 and counting :greengrin

WeeRussell
03-06-2015, 11:55 AM

Yep - always thought it was Danny until he signed for us haha

Can be called whatever he wants if he's doing the business!

ALF TUPPER
03-06-2015, 01:00 PM
Welcome Daniel, Danny, Dan.......... the Danster, Daninho......

GGTTH :flag:

Hibernia&Alba
03-06-2015, 01:25 PM
Very good indeed.

SMAXXA
05-06-2015, 05:52 PM
Was in at East Mains today with the strength and conditioning coach before he goes on holiday tomorrow, great to see. Mind can't imagine he'd be saying that when he got the call to go in 😂

3pm
05-06-2015, 05:57 PM
Was in at East Mains today with the strength and conditioning coach before he goes on holiday tomorrow, great to see. Mind can't imagine he'd be saying that when he got the call to go in 😂

It's great that. Good level of professionalism at the club now.

Joe6-2
05-06-2015, 11:15 PM
So refreshing to have players in before the start of pre season.

This definitely! Not waiting until it's too late, and signing what's left!!

John_the_angus_hibby
06-06-2015, 08:19 AM
I'm a bit concerned we are rushing into deals without allowing the proper consideration and deliberation that a last minute scramble would provide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

147lothian
06-06-2015, 08:25 AM
Pleased with the signings, looks like Stubbs wants to hit the ground running, In Stubbs, I trust going by his previous signing Gray and Alan in particular im looking forward to the new season, any idea when the fixture list comes out?

Chibs
06-06-2015, 08:38 AM
I'm a bit concerned we are rushing into deals without allowing the proper consideration and deliberation that a last minute scramble would provide.

Is this a joke post?:confused:

John_the_angus_hibby
06-06-2015, 08:41 AM

Woosh

greenlex
06-06-2015, 01:46 PM

It looks deadly serious to me.

Speedy