PDA

View Full Version : 2015/16 team

Hibeesmad
02-06-2015, 01:39 PM
Based on the confirmations and rumours so far this could possibly be our starting XI for next season as it stands

New keeper

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Carmichael
Fyvie
Allan
Harris

Keatings
Cummings

CallumLaidlaw
02-06-2015, 01:40 PM
Based on the confirmations and rumours so far this could possibly be our starting XI for next season as it stands

New keeper

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Carmichael
Fyvie
Allan
Harris

Keatings
Cummings

I very much doubt it will be Harris.

Hibeesmad
02-06-2015, 01:47 PM

Id prefer Boyle

bongo'd
02-06-2015, 02:43 PM
New Keeper

Forster CB
Hanlon CB
Fontaine CB

Gray RWB
Stevenson LWB

McGeouch DM
Allan CM
Fyvie CM

Cummings ST
El Alagui ST

Leaving out Harris, Keatings, Carmichael, Stanton, Handling, Malonga, Dje Dje.

Very interchangeable formations with that group of players IMO. The only thing we seem to lack is depth with defensive cover and obviously a keeper!!!! Is it possible that Forster could play the role that Robertson played this year??

1van Sprou7e
02-06-2015, 02:48 PM

tbh I also don't think we'll be playing a flat 442 much next season, if at all

BoltonHibernian
02-06-2015, 03:29 PM
New Keeper

Forster CB
Hanlon CB
Fontaine CB

Gray RWB
Stevenson LWB

McGeouch DM
Allan CM
Fyvie CM

Cummings ST
El Alagui ST

Very interchangeable formations with that group of players IMO. The only thing we seem to lack is depth with defensive cover and obviously a keeper!!!! Is it possible that Forster could play the role that Robertson played this year??

Is it definite that Robbo is away?

horseflesh
02-06-2015, 03:33 PM
New Keeper

Forster CB
Hanlon CB
Fontaine CB

Gray RWB
Stevenson LWB

McGeouch DM
Allan CM
Fyvie CM

Cummings ST
El Alagui ST

No way - that's pretty much the same team that couldn't get us up last time. Definitely be changes to that

GreenArmyyy!
02-06-2015, 03:36 PM
Now that you look at the team I am not sure at all where we will fit in Carmichael and/or Keatings. Thank god I'm not the manager.

allezsauzee
02-06-2015, 03:45 PM
There won't be a fixed first XI. The team will depend on who and where we are playing. If fit and in form, I would think that New first choice keeper, Gray, Hanlon, Fontaine , Fyvie and Allan are the certain starters. The others will depend on the other factors.

bongo'd
02-06-2015, 03:53 PM
No way - that's pretty much the same team that couldn't get us up last time. Definitely be changes to that

Ok, how about.

New Keeper

Gray RB
Fontaine CB
Hanlon CB
Stevenson LB

Fyvie CM
Carmichael RAM
Allan CAM
Cummings LAM

Keatings ST
El Alagui ST

I was more trying to make a point that there are options available to Stubbs but as has already been pointed out, who'd be a manager!!!

bongo'd
02-06-2015, 03:55 PM
Is it definite that Robbo is away?

I've no idea. I wouldn't mind him staying but if Stubbs thinks he can find better then I'd trust his judgment. Stuart Bannigan of Partick is one who springs to mind that plays that role.

Unseen work
02-06-2015, 04:14 PM
New

Gray hanlon. Fontaine stevenson

.........fyvie..........mcgeouch...........,,

Carmichael......Allan..........new/boyle

................farid........

Personally think he will try the 4231 formation next season.

Farid suits the lone striker role the best IMO having not seen a lot of keatings and I think Jc will be away.

Question is who joins fyvie in midfield, would quite like to see forster play infront of the back 4

lord bunberry
02-06-2015, 04:17 PM
Cummings will be no1 striker at the start of the season IMO, he was top scorer this season and that should give him the no9 jersey to begin with at least.

BoltonHibernian
02-06-2015, 04:45 PM
New

Gray hanlon. Fontaine stevenson

.........fyvie..........mcgeouch...........,,

Carmichael......Allan..........new/boyle

................farid........

Personally think he will try the 4231 formation next season.

Farid suits the lone striker role the best IMO having not seen a lot of keatings and I think Jc will be away.

Question is who joins fyvie in midfield, would quite like to see forster play infront of the back 4

Personally would prefer us to play with two up top. But if it gets us wins I'll be happy.

AlbertK86
02-06-2015, 04:57 PM
As it stands just now I would like to seems go

New keeper

Gray Forster Fontaine New LB

Carmichael Fyvie Allan New LM

Farid Cummings

Good options if going 3 at back with Hanlon and up front with Dom, Keatings or Dje Dje

Hopefully gets wee bit more height and muscle in for midfield holding role although I think Fyvie could perform that role

SunshineOnLeith
02-06-2015, 07:09 PM
Cummings will be no1 striker at the start of the season IMO, he was top scorer this season and that should give him the no9 jersey to begin with at least.

100% he's the main striker.

The squad number will, I imagine, stay with Farid but Cummings is first pick. 19 years old and the league's top goalscorer in his first full season as a full time professional, he's only going to get better.

marleyhib
02-06-2015, 07:15 PM
Would like to see a new LB but would prefer us to be playing 3-5-2.

I don't wanna knock Stevenson but I think he shouldn't be starting, versatile cover.

ancient hibee
02-06-2015, 07:17 PM

New keeper

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Carmichael
Fyvie
Allan
Harris

Keatings
Cummings

That midfield couldn't tackle a fish supper.

yekimevol
02-06-2015, 09:16 PM
Keeper
Foster Hanlon Fontaine
Gray Robbo Stevenson
Allan Carmichael
Cummings Keatings

Would like to see Big Ben back as the new keeper :)

TheFamous1875
02-06-2015, 09:20 PM
That midfield couldn't tackle a fish supper.

Agree. I think we need a big, ugly, evil mother****er in the middle of the park - Stevenson?

Steviethebear
03-06-2015, 07:20 AM
Keeper
Foster Hanlon Fontaine
Gray Robbo Stevenson
Allan Carmichael
Cummings

Would like to see Big Ben back as the new keeper :)

Think we would have a better chance if we played with 11 😉

spike220
03-06-2015, 07:42 AM

I have taken my off Harris. How is he going?

J-C
03-06-2015, 07:56 AM
Cummings can't play a lone striker role, so depending on what formation Stubbs goes with will depend on who plays where.

He seems to be going with a wider attacking option with Carmichael being signed, also being linked with Higgenbottom/Boyle and we still have Djedje at the club too. If he goes for one up top, then it'll be Farid or Malonga, add any on the other 2 if going 2 up top.

At he moment it's hard to see what system he's looking to go with, my bet would be a 4-3-3 that gives flexibility to be a 4-5-1 when defending, this also takes a lot of pressure off the wingbacks and lets them play in a support role.

J-C
03-06-2015, 07:59 AM
Agree. I think we need a big, ugly, evil mother****er in the middle of the park - Stevenson?

Stevensons only problem for playing the DM role in midfield is his height, he a cracking tackler, reads the game very well and no doubt would be a very decent DM.

Kaff
03-06-2015, 08:09 AM
Imo Cummings is not effective when he comes out of the centre of the park, he is a penalty box striker atm and will develop his game of that I've no doubt but a major fault in the Ibrox play off was him looking for the ball all along the line and leaving us with no centre of attack as Malonga is effective when he drifts off the front line.
Don't know how Keatings plays but if he is disciplined about keeping a presence around the box then we may see him given a key role up front to begin with

jacomo
03-06-2015, 10:35 AM
Stevensons only problem for playing the DM role in midfield is his height, he a cracking tackler, reads the game very well and no doubt would be a very decent DM.

One of 3 positions Lewis can play, although LB probably his best. It's why he's so useful as a squad member.