PDA

View Full Version : What a difference a year makes!

PatHead
01-06-2015, 02:58 PM
Last June 1st I was distraught at the state Hibs were in. Relegated. Butcher was manager, players leaving left, right and centre. A club in utter turmoil. It was dark days.

Leeann and George Craig arrived to a highly suspicious Hibs support. (Take a look at a couple of threads from last year at this time-pages 68 or so)

One year on.......... we are rid of Butcher, have a highly promising manager and coaching staff who have an eye for a player, we are playing good football, actually enjoying the experience of going to Easter Road and have star players who other clubs actually want like Scott Allan and Fyvie, we have got better players like David Gray on longer contracts, have a real scouting network, are using East Mains properly and got rid of underachievers. We have made a couple of signings early in the transfer window.

We got to a semi final at Hampden (still can't work out how we never won) and lost on penalties in the quarters of the league cup to a side who were flying at the time. We finished second in the league after an awful start.

We have 2 supporters on the board, the supporters own 6% of shares in the club, we have a method of paying monthly to get greater fan ownership, the debt has been sorted for the longer term, season tickets are on the up, we have children queuing up to go on the summer camps. The Chief Executive actually engages with the fans and is approachable.

The club has engaged with the community again with food banks, free school tickets, tie up with Spartans and Edina Hibs.

Yes we have failed to get promoted and lost in a play off, still have RP and have probably made a loss again this year.

But thanks Leeann. Its good having our club back and great feeling good about Hibs again.

Onwards and upwards, GGTTH.

hfc rd
01-06-2015, 03:30 PM
Fully agree with the OP. Feels great to be a Hibee! Bring on the new season and hopefully have a Championship Title Party at the end.

jacomo
01-06-2015, 03:34 PM
I'm still disappointed that we didn't get promotion, but the club was in such a state a year ago that things might have got even worse.

I'm confident we are now on the way back from our lowest point. Obviously some key players think the same or they wouldn't extend their stay with us. Onwards and upwards.

Jonnyboy
01-06-2015, 07:04 PM
Last June 1st I was distraught at the state Hibs were in. Relegated. Butcher was manager, players leaving left, right and centre. A club in utter turmoil. It was dark days.

Leeanne and George Craig arrived to a highly suspicious Hibs support. (Take a look at a couple of threads from last year at this time-pages 68 or so)

One year on.......... we are rid of Butcher, have a highly promising manager and coaching staff who have an eye for a player, we are playing good football, actually enjoying the experience of going to Easter Road and have star players who other clubs actually want like Scott Allan and Fyvie, we have got better players like David Gray on longer contracts, have a real scouting network, are using East Mains properly and got rid of underachievers. We have made a couple of signings early in the transfer window.

We got to a semi final at Hampden (still can't work out how we never won) and lost on penalties in the quarters of the league cup to a side who were flying at the time. We finished second in the league after an awful start.

We have 2 supporters on the board, the supporters own 6% of shares in the club, we have a method of paying monthly to get greater fan ownership, the debt has been sorted for the longer term, season tickets are on the up, we have children queuing up to go on the summer camps. The Chief Executive actually engages with the fans and is approachable.

The club has engaged with the community again with food banks, free school tickets, tie up with Spartans and Edina Hibs.

Yes we have failed to get promoted and lost in a play off, still have RP and have probably made a loss again this year.

But thanks Leeanne. Its good having our club back and great feeling good about Hibs again.

Onwards and upwards, GGTTH.

Well said, K :top marks

Scouse Hibee
01-06-2015, 07:12 PM
It's a great feeling going into a season when our manager has stated his intention to win the league regardless off who else is in it and I actually believe we can do it.

Eyrie
01-06-2015, 07:14 PM
A good post that explains the general mood of optimism on here despite our failure to be promoted.

Kojock
01-06-2015, 07:22 PM
Its Leeann without an E :-)

Pedantic_Hibee
01-06-2015, 07:25 PM

Lann? How bizarre.

Scouse Hibee
01-06-2015, 07:26 PM
Lann? How bizarre.

:-)

PatHead
01-06-2015, 08:02 PM

Sorted

Sir David Gray
01-06-2015, 09:13 PM
I'm certainly a lot more positive about life than I was 12 months ago.

It will be tough to win the title next season with Sevco in the division but I'm glad that we've made that our stated aim for next season and not just made some vague statement about finishing in the "higher echelons" of the league which is the kind of things we used to be told in the past by those running the club.