PDA

View Full Version : Hibs transfer thread (Last Day Update - Anier / Feruz (both loan) in, None out)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Unseen work
18-06-2015, 10:36 AM
Don't think there's any chance foderingham would come here.

Also you see the pages speaking about old/bad keepers, highlights for me even more that oxley is a good goalie, obviously not perfect but he is young.

Would easily take zaluska

J-C
18-06-2015, 10:42 AM
Strange post. Why does it matter what order we sign players in?

Nothing strange, we don't need a player like Eremenko at this moment in time, there are other areas more important.....Goalie, DM, etc, plus he's a lazy unfit player, not in the mould of what Stubbs looks for in a player.

My_Wife_Camille
18-06-2015, 10:47 AM
Nothing strange, we don't need a player like Eremenko at this moment in time, there are other areas more important.....Goalie, DM, etc, plus he's a lazy unfit player, not in the mould of what Stubbs looks for in a player.
I agree we don't need Eremenko but the idea that we shouldn't be looking at players in other positions just because we haven't got a goalie or DM yet is pretty odd.

J-C
18-06-2015, 10:51 AM
I agree we don't need Eremenko but the idea that we shouldn't be looking at players in other positions just because we haven't got a goalie or DM yet is pretty odd.

I didn't mean not look at every position, just that he wasn't a priority in my books, good player but not essential.

ManBearPig
18-06-2015, 10:53 AM
Zaluska yes f'in please

My_Wife_Camille
18-06-2015, 11:04 AM
I didn't mean not look at every position, just that he wasn't a priority in my books, good player but not essential.

Fair enough mate, I agree with that

Aldo
18-06-2015, 11:12 AM
And Claros

Really!!

Mmmmm!

Brightside
18-06-2015, 11:16 AM
If you look at Fontaines Twitter all of his favourites are people saying they hope he signs. Strange thing to like and give people false hope if he's not signing so I expect him to sign based on this. That and his new green and white boots

he signed weeks ago.

Tha Cabbage Kid
18-06-2015, 11:34 AM
noticed blackburn have a few goalkeepers maybe we could get one?

robinson steele and eastwood. so maybe eastwood? and that yongish keeper for charlton Nick Pope looks a good keeper

silverhibee
18-06-2015, 11:40 AM
he signed weeks ago.

Must have missed that one on the official website.

Brightside
18-06-2015, 11:49 AM
Must have missed that one on the official website.

Must have missed where I said it had been announced.

CockneyRebel
18-06-2015, 11:55 AM
Must have missed where I said it had been announced.

Sorry if I seem a bit thick but if it was announced as you say why was it not announced on the official site? Where exactly was it "announced"? Not dissing the accuracy of the info just the "announced" part.

The_Horde
18-06-2015, 11:56 AM
Sorry if I seem a bit thick but if it was announced as you say why was it not announced on the official site? Where exactly was it "announced"? Not dissing the accuracy of the info just the "announced" part.

Whoooosh

CockneyRebel
18-06-2015, 12:07 PM
Whoooosh

Whooosh? - The poster confirmed that he had said it was announced and I asked where. Whooosh? If there is a wind up on the go with this thread then I fail to see the point/humour/relevance. Whoosh?

Callum_62
18-06-2015, 12:10 PM
Whooosh? - The poster confirmed that he had said it was announced and I asked where. Whooosh? If there is a wind up on the go with this thread then I fail to see the point/humour/relevance. Whoosh?

no he didnt

"Must have missed where I said it had been announced."

The_Horde
18-06-2015, 12:11 PM

No wind up. Read his post again. He's not saying it's been confirmed he's saying that he didn't say it was.

Brightside
18-06-2015, 12:11 PM

At no point did I say it was announced yet. To be clear many "signings" take place long before they are announced. There are many reasons for this...for example people on holiday, awaiting another event (like an away strip).

Mikeystewart
18-06-2015, 12:12 PM

From what I've read over the last week it seems to be generally accepted that fontain has signed an extension but it will be announced with the new away kit to boost season ticket and shirt sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billychaotic182
18-06-2015, 12:20 PM
From what I've read over the last week it seems to be generally accepted that fontain has signed an extension but it will be announced with the new away kit to boost season ticket and shirt sales.

Makes sense 👍🏻

Caversham Green
18-06-2015, 12:27 PM
Agreed, he'd be taking quite the wage cut I imagine from what he was used to at Swindon

I doubt if Swindon were paying him more than Hibs could offer - they're still sailing close to the wind financially - but if his reputation is anything to go by he's likely to get better offers from elsewhere.

Lago
18-06-2015, 01:09 PM

Agree, you'll probably be told it's banter, but like you I keep reading about signings, Fontane, Boyle etc but have yet to see any confirmation.

Joe's ice cream
18-06-2015, 01:23 PM
Agree, you'll probably be told it's banter, but like you I keep reading about signings, Fontane, Boyle etc but have yet to see any confirmation.

This 100%

The_Horde
18-06-2015, 01:25 PM

Mate. Read on. It was nothing to do with a joke.

Hibby Gav
18-06-2015, 01:33 PM
Sorry if posted before. Had an email today from the club announcing that the New home strip is launched tomorrow....hopefully it will have more good news inside !?

ggtth

CockneyRebel
18-06-2015, 02:36 PM
no he didnt

"Must have missed where I said it had been announced."

I read that as "YOU must have missed etc" - very unclear post, don't know why I bother sometimes - why say he's signed then if there's no announcement or verification? - Underscore? Underwhelmed.

J-C
18-06-2015, 02:59 PM
Sorry if posted before. Had an email today from the club announcing that the New home strip is launched tomorrow....hopefully it will have more good news inside !?

ggtth

You mean away strip, home strip has been launched already.

Unless you mean the kit arrives tomorrow at the shop.

Hibby Gav
18-06-2015, 03:07 PM
You mean away strip, home strip has been launched already.

Unless you mean the kit arrives tomorrow at the shop.

Yes...I know it was announced...but they mean from tomorrow it's in store as your edit says :)

andrew70
18-06-2015, 03:07 PM

Would have thought he'd have been better getting purple football boots then...

Joking aside I think the new away top will be launched next friday (26th) with Fontaine modelling the top.

Lago
18-06-2015, 03:10 PM
This 100%
:wink:

Brightside
18-06-2015, 03:11 PM
I read that as "YOU must have missed etc" - very unclear post, don't know why I bother sometimes - why say he's signed then if there's no announcement or verification? - Underscore? Underwhelmed.

I'm saying HE HAS SIGNED. But the Club are holding back on the announcement in order to ensure people are back from Holiday and other "things" can be lined up for the announcement.

J-C
18-06-2015, 03:12 PM
Yes...I know it was announced...but they mean from tomorrow it's in store as your edit says :)

That's what I thought you meant, just the word launched made me think, no probs though. :greengrin

Lago
18-06-2015, 03:13 PM
Mate. Read on. It was nothing to do with a joke.

Mate, too many on here these days just trying to be too smart and you never know when its a joke or not.:confused:

Hibby Gav
18-06-2015, 03:17 PM
That's what I thought you meant, just the word launched made me think, no probs though. :greengrin

:) just quoting the club...it is a bit confusing though.... cheers :)

pontius pilate
18-06-2015, 03:39 PM
Rangers have allegedly bid £800,000 for Scott Allan source someone I know posted on Glasgow Rangers till I die and it came up on my Facebook page. I have to say not many of them believe it

CB_NO3
18-06-2015, 03:47 PM
Rangers have allegedly bid £800,000 for Scott Allan source someone I know posted on Glasgow Rangers till I die and it came up on my Facebook page. I have to say not many of them believe it
They won't pay 800k for a player they could sign for free in January.

tamig
18-06-2015, 03:47 PM
I'm saying HE HAS SIGNED. But the Club are holding back on the announcement in order to ensure people are back from Holiday and other "things" can be lined up for the announcement.

I think your post was quite clear first time round and doesn't need any explanation :-)

bill the hibby
18-06-2015, 03:48 PM

Was just about to mention this, I'm going to call bluff...that would be £1million bids altogether for two players in two days, I can't see it personally. I hope I'm right

tamig
18-06-2015, 03:48 PM

Nothing unclear about it at all. Get a grip.

Aldo
18-06-2015, 04:04 PM

Nope straight forward enough unfortunately!

Signed weeks ago but NOT announced. Not unclear at all!!

bingo70
18-06-2015, 04:06 PM

They won't be able to get him for free in January?

Aldo
18-06-2015, 04:07 PM
They won't be able to get him for free in January?

Considering Smellic paid £250,000 for GMS with 6 months to go on his contract!

CallumLaidlaw
18-06-2015, 04:13 PM
@AndyNewportPA: Hearts sign polish defender Blazej Augustyn

poolman
18-06-2015, 04:17 PM
Nowt too impressive

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C5%82a%C5%BCej_Augustyn

southern hibby
18-06-2015, 04:22 PM
69 games since 2006 me thinks hearts ( if he has signed ) are starting to get World Cup stars in not.

GGTTH

hibees 7062
18-06-2015, 04:27 PM
@AndyNewportPA: Hearts sign polish defender Blazej Augustyn

That's 4 CBs they've got now after signing Fontaine and Forster

HibbyAndy
18-06-2015, 04:31 PM
Nowt too impressive

Dusnae matter.

David Gray never exactly had a particularly impressive CV before he came to us.

bill the hibby
18-06-2015, 04:45 PM
Dusnae matter.

David Gray never exactly had a particularly impressive CV before he came to us.

Agreed. Tend to ignore wikipedia, YouTube and the likes.

Hamish
18-06-2015, 05:18 PM
Nowt too impressive

Absolute disgrace that Hearts allowed him to say all those things after he signed......

silverhibee
18-06-2015, 05:24 PM
Absolute disgrace that Hearts allowed him to say all those things after he signed......

Tramps

bill the hibby
18-06-2015, 05:27 PM

Squint Eastwood, wow that's harsh. These kind of people need to get a life.

Alex Trager
18-06-2015, 05:31 PM

Frankly I'd take 800,000 for him

Bostonhibby
18-06-2015, 05:40 PM
That's 4 CBs they've got now after signing Fontaine and Forster

6 more to go then, sounds like Potter is recreating his visionary 1 - 10 formation that brought him all that Scotland success.

The only thing that surprised me about the latest signing is that he is only 6ft3in tall - there must surely be bigger guys around, might be that he can hammer the ball a long way.

renato
18-06-2015, 05:40 PM
Own up then...

" Heart of Midlothian

On Thursday June 18th he was the first signing for the newly promoted Hearts. He had nothing to say about this, and instead sat looking bewildered at what had just happened."

😄

hibees 7062
18-06-2015, 05:50 PM
Tramps

This :top marks

hibees 7062
18-06-2015, 05:53 PM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/18717_1010994305580336_5620206891563379230_n.jpg?o h=9d2716bef8194135e1a4fbac0a3c0868&oe=56263EFF

jacomo
18-06-2015, 10:45 PM
Considering Smellic paid £250,000 for GMS with 6 months to go on his contract!

Celtic have a wee bit more money than Rangers.

jacomo
18-06-2015, 10:47 PM
Agreed. Tend to ignore wikipedia, YouTube and the likes.

3 words about players with tidy you tube videos: Edwin de Graaf.

bigwheel
18-06-2015, 10:52 PM

[emoji2]. The only Dutch player with poor technique

bill the hibby
18-06-2015, 11:17 PM

This in a nutshell

w pilton hibby
18-06-2015, 11:23 PM
More speculation about Scott Allan

http://www.ibroxnoise.co.uk/2015/06/reports-rangers-contact-hibs-over-scott.html

Callum_62
18-06-2015, 11:29 PM
It would be a terrible decision to sell to Rangers

We might lose Allan regardless, but really must resist selling him to our main challengers for the 1 automatic promotion place

J-C
18-06-2015, 11:43 PM
It would be a terrible decision to sell to Rangers

We might lose Allan regardless, but really must resist selling him to our main challengers for the 1 automatic promotion place

If they sold to Rangers there would be an uprising from the fans, last season saw for the 1st time in a long while fans happy with the club and what was happening, an act like this would take us back years and negate any good the club has done so far, won't happen. I'd rather let his contract run down and he left for nothing than sell him to that lot.

Ozyhibby
18-06-2015, 11:53 PM
I have faith that we won't sell to Rangers no matter what.
To do so would finish the goodwill built up toward Leeann Dempster over the last year.
I think at that point more than a few fans would just pack it in.

Steve20
19-06-2015, 04:18 AM
We really are short on numbers just now.

No keepers
Cover at full back positions
Need a centre half (unless Fontaine stays)
Need at least two midfielders (three if Allan goes)

Still quite a few weeks to go but we heard that Stubbs wanted to get his business done early so still loads to do.

Greenworld
19-06-2015, 05:40 AM
Unless most of the work is done just not announced yet....and remember you will always have late arrivals especially loan players.

SouthMoroccoStu
19-06-2015, 05:49 AM
More speculation about Scott Allan

http://www.ibroxnoise.co.uk/2015/06/reports-rangers-contact-hibs-over-scott.html

From the article

"....very tidy profit for Hibs who got him for the aforementioned free...."

Oh thank you oh kind and generous sirs and lords from the superior west!

These tunas really are delusional!

Callum_62
19-06-2015, 06:25 AM
We really are short on numbers just now.

No keepers
Cover at full back positions
Need a centre half (unless Fontaine stays)
Need at least two midfielders (three if Allan goes)

Still quite a few weeks to go but we heard that Stubbs wanted to get his business done early so still loads to do.

Id class 'early' as anytime before preseason starts - we do still need a fair amount of numbers in though

flash
19-06-2015, 06:35 AM
It's up to the player really. If he wants to go then it's almost impossible to stop him these days.
It's crap in my opinion to blame Hibs if SA agitates for a move and we eventually let him go.
Hopefully that situation doesn't materialise but if it does the club have to get as much as possible to reinvest.

Jim44
19-06-2015, 06:57 AM
It's up to the player really. If he wants to go then it's almost impossible to stop him these days.
It's crap in my opinion to blame Hibs if SA agitates for a move and we eventually let him go.
Hopefully that situation doesn't materialise but if it does the club have to get as much as possible to reinvest.

Where does 'agitate for a move' come into it? Allan, himself says he will stay and see out what he came to ER to do - help get Hibs back to the top tier. If he is sold to Sevco, it will be because the board can't resist making a few quid before he goes for nothing next year. If that happens, they'd better give Stubb's the means to build a squad good enough to guarantee we win the playoffs. It's kamikaze to sell your best player to your nearest rival.

high bee
19-06-2015, 07:05 AM
From the article

"....very tidy profit for Hibs who got him for the aforementioned free...."

Oh thank you oh kind and generous sirs and lords from the superior west!

These tunas really are delusional!

Says the fans who were outraged to only receive close to a million for McLeod.

Hibernian Verse
19-06-2015, 07:30 AM

If that turns out to be the case then the Club/Scott Allan should clarify this.

However, I don't think SA will show that amount of disrespect to Stubbs who has given him another chance.

flash
19-06-2015, 07:47 AM
Where does 'agitate for a move' come into it? Allan, himself says he will stay and see out what he came to ER to do - help get Hibs back to the top tier. If he is sold to Sevco, it will be because the board can't resist making a few quid before he goes for nothing next year. If that happens, they'd better give Stubb's the means to build a squad good enough to guarantee we win the playoffs. It's kamikaze to sell your best player to your nearest rival.

Come on jim you know players do that all the time. i am not suggesting he is merely pointing out that were he to set his mind on a move then it puts the club in a tricky situation.

Cabbage East
19-06-2015, 07:50 AM
Come on jim you know players do that all the time. i am not suggesting he is merely pointing out that were he to set his mind on a move then it puts the club in a tricky situation.

There's been nothing to suggest that will, or has happened though. The player himself has said he wants to stay. That's good enough for me. I really can't see him going anywhere just now, and absolutely not to our main rival for the title.

Aldo
19-06-2015, 07:56 AM
I'm going to be positive and suggest SA is going to signed a years extension and it'll be announced soon.

Not ITK or anything but think he will do this to show his respect and thanks to Stubbs!!

CRAZYHIBBY
19-06-2015, 07:57 AM
They way allan left utd doesn't give me much hope that he will stay..If rangers offer him more money then he will go i reckon

flash
19-06-2015, 07:58 AM
There's been nothing to suggest that will, or has happened though. The player himself has said he wants to stay. That's good enough for me. I really can't see him going anywhere just now, and absolutely not to our main rival for the title.

i know. am more saying its hard for Hibs should any player set their mind on leaving so all the stuff on here about selling us down the river etc. is, in my opinion, disingenuous to say the least.

Brightside
19-06-2015, 08:05 AM

There is currently no discussion with Hibs and Rangers on any players!

Hermit Crab
19-06-2015, 08:07 AM
There is currently no discussion with Hibs and Rangers on any players!

Good. Do you personally think SA will stay? Do you think he will sign an extension?

Winston Ingram
19-06-2015, 08:08 AM
They way allan left utd doesn't give me much hope that he will stay..If rangers offer him more money then he will go i reckon

He left Dundee Utd because Houston threatened to banish him to the reserves if he didn't sign.

On top of that, there's no guarantee that we'd sell him to Rangers. They are our rivals for the league and it would be a massive statement of concession if we did.

If he does go, it won't be to Rangers unless it's for a ridiculous fee.

Kato
19-06-2015, 08:09 AM
The only person* I know who is ITK informs me the sky is falling.

*(Chicken Licken)

Bostonhibby
19-06-2015, 08:14 AM
I have faith that we won't sell to Rangers no matter what.
To do so would finish the goodwill built up toward Leeann Dempster over the last year.
I think at that point more than a few fans would just pack it in.
I agree with this.

I can see a board room discussion out of earshot of the fans reps though!

Leanne "we can't sell to our biggest rivals next season"

RP "Did I forget to mention I'd picked up the cheque in person yesterday?"

Jim44
19-06-2015, 08:34 AM

Yes, Flash, I'm aware of the pressures a player can dictate by making noises, but as I and CE are saying, SA isn't guilty of this and, in fact, has expressed the opposite. I am more concerned that it's the board's head, rather than Allan's head, that might be turned by Sevco's potential interest.

keep the faith
19-06-2015, 08:38 AM
Are we seriously going to let the Glasgow press unsettle things??
Lets ignore this nonsense and not get into a huge debate. Scott's our player.

WeeRussell
19-06-2015, 09:02 AM

Wasn't just as simple as that though, was it? Well known within and outwith United that Houston being a knob was a huge factor in what drove Allan out.

Diclonius
19-06-2015, 09:16 AM
Selling to Rangers would be tactical and PR suicide.

We would give a massive chance to Rangers of winning the Championship (and gaining far more money from being promoted than we will get from the transfer fee) and there would be an uprising from the fans, regardless of who else we sign.

Unless we are really really ****ing stupid, it won't happen.

The_Horde
19-06-2015, 09:25 AM
Selling to Rangers would be tactical and PR suicide.

We would give a massive chance to Rangers of winning the Championship (and gaining far more money from being promoted than we will get from the transfer fee) and there would be an uprising from the fans, regardless of who else we sign.

Unless we are really really ****ing stupid, it won't happen.

Whilst I agree to an extent. If we sold Allan for upwards of a million and used all of the money on transfers we could invest in 3 or 4 star players instead of just one.

No player is bigger than the club and if the right offer comes in for any player then they'll be gone. But I have faith hibs won't sell to rangers. Bigger and stronger clubs down south will be looking at Allan. And rangers would have to pay well above the odds for it to be worth our while, considering he's our best player and they're our nearest rivals for promotion.

Brightside
19-06-2015, 09:45 AM
I honestly don't know why we keep talking about Allan to Rangers. There is nothing to suggest (either from Hibs or indeed Rangers) that this is going to happen.

gegs70
19-06-2015, 09:51 AM
I personally think Allan is finally enjoying his football and geting a regular game so believe he will see out his contract at very least.

To be honest nowadays players have release clauses written into contracts such as if £1million pounds is offered by a club they can speak to said club?

Diclonius
19-06-2015, 09:58 AM
Whilst I agree to an extent. If we sold Allan for upwards of a million and used all of the money on transfers we could invest in 3 or 4 star players instead of just one.

No player is bigger than the club and if the right offer comes in for any player then they'll be gone. But I have faith hibs won't sell to rangers. Bigger and stronger clubs down south will be looking at Allan. And rangers would have to pay well above the odds for it to be worth our while, considering he's our best player and they're our nearest rivals for promotion.

When was the last time we invested all of the money from a transfer on players?

Ozyhibby
19-06-2015, 10:01 AM
I personally think Allan is finally enjoying his football and geting a regular game so believe he will see out his contract at very least.

To be honest nowadays players have release clauses written into contracts such as if £1million pounds is offered by a club they can speak to said club?

That usually happens when the player is in a strong negotiating position. Last summer Allan was not. Nobody else wanted him.
If he signs an extension then there will likely be a clause but I doubt there is now.

MrSmith
19-06-2015, 10:05 AM
The Rangers are a basket case of a club and should be sanctioned immediately by the SPFL/SFA! Still trying to weaken other clubs while having no funds! Hunbelievable!!!!!! They have lost in excess of £20m in the last three season, leaking money everywhere, still subject to admin due to being unable to meet their operating costs yet they still think they can spend £1m on a player who is under contract at a rival club?!

SANCTION THE RANGERS as they have not changed and proved they are not sustainable!

ElginHibbie
19-06-2015, 10:10 AM
BossUKFootball ‏@BossUKFootball (https://twitter.com/BossUKFootball) 3m3 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/BossUKFootball/status/611837651235262464)
@MartinBoyle9 (https://twitter.com/MartinBoyle9) at last!

Think this is Boyle's agent twitter...

Callum_62
19-06-2015, 10:20 AM
BossUKFootball ‏@BossUKFootball (https://twitter.com/BossUKFootball) 3m3 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/BossUKFootball/status/611837651235262464)
@MartinBoyle9 (https://twitter.com/MartinBoyle9) at last!

Think this is Boyle's agent twitter...

signed for Hearts

Beefster
19-06-2015, 10:24 AM
I can't quite understand the mild hysteria over Scott Allan's imaginary signing for Rangers.

KeithTheHibby
19-06-2015, 10:31 AM
He left Dundee Utd because Houston threatened to banish him to the reserves if he didn't sign.

On top of that, there's no guarantee that we'd sell him to Rangers. They are our rivals for the league and it would be a massive statement of concession if we did.

If he does go, it won't be to Rangers unless it's for a ridiculous fee.

Which the don't have.

There isn't half a load of pish getting spouted about Scott Allan on here (not you).

The only people linking him with a move away are Hibs fans, staggering.

Callum_62
19-06-2015, 10:32 AM

and rangers websites

CallumLaidlaw
19-06-2015, 10:37 AM

Nah, put his name into twitter, and theres loads of Rangers transfer pages quite convinced they are readying a £800k bid. :rolleyes:

Brightside
19-06-2015, 10:46 AM
Nah, put his name into twitter, and theres loads of Rangers transfer pages quite convinced they are readying a £800k bid. :rolleyes:

Which are just C&Ping the same daft pub chat from people with tattooed knuckles. Scot Allan is not leaving Hibs. Boyle signing done, Fontaine done, Two goalies coming soon. one more midfielder coming soon.

tamig
19-06-2015, 10:55 AM

Our infrastructure has been put in place now so there is nothing to suggest that the bulk of any transfer fees in won't be reinvested in the squad.

tamig
19-06-2015, 10:57 AM
I can't quite understand the mild hysteria over Scott Allan's imaginary signing for Rangers.

Indeed. All sorts of hypothetical thoughts getting folk into a tizzy. Madness.

The_Horde
19-06-2015, 10:57 AM

Well, thats when we find out who's really running things. LD or mouser?

Winston Ingram
19-06-2015, 10:58 AM
Which the don't have.

There isn't half a load of pish getting spouted about Scott Allan on here (not you).

They've just voted not to pay back a £5m loan to Mike Ashley right away, presumably because they're a bit short of cash

Winston Ingram
19-06-2015, 11:00 AM
Cos he refused to sign a new deal.

CallumLaidlaw
19-06-2015, 11:03 AM
Derek Johnstone is the cheerleader for TheRangers and their fantasy signings eh!!

Johnstone reckons paying for central midfielder Allan will be money well spent given how much they will be able to sell the former Dundee United and West Brom man for if he does well at the Glasgow giants.

He said: “Even if he is going to cost £200,000 or £300,000, then I still hope Rangers go for him. If he does well they could get a lot of money for him a few years down the line.

“That is the kind of player they are going to go for. It is what, in many respects, Celtic do across the city.

I didn't realise we were giving our best players away these days! :rolleyes:

Lago
19-06-2015, 11:09 AM
Supprised to look at this thread and see no announcements about signings. Based on yesterdays many announcements about forth coming announcements and already sealed deals its awfully quiet re Boyle, Fontaine etc. But hey ho plenty of time left for an announcement or two.:greengrin

Franck Stanton
19-06-2015, 11:20 AM
Which are just C&Ping the same daft pub chat from people with tattooed knuckles. Scot Allan is not leaving Hibs. Boyle signing done, Fontaine done, Two goalies coming soon. one more midfielder coming soon.

Your opinion or do you have some inside knowledge ? [Not a dig by the way, just trying to clarify the info you posted].

Brightside
19-06-2015, 11:22 AM
Supprised to look at this thread and see no announcements about signings. Based on yesterdays many announcements about forth coming announcements and already sealed deals its awfully quiet re Boyle, Fontaine etc. But hey ho plenty of time left for an announcement or two.:greengrin

For the 20th time....wait for the away top release!

Brightside
19-06-2015, 11:23 AM
[/B]

Your opinion or do you have some inside knowledge ? [Not a dig by the way, just trying to clarify the info you posted].

Based on conversation with club staff last night.

J-C
19-06-2015, 11:26 AM

:agree: all these bed wetters are starting to do my nut in.

Alex Trager
19-06-2015, 11:28 AM
:agree: all these bed wetters are starting to do my nut in.

I feel similarly

Franck Stanton
19-06-2015, 11:30 AM
Based on conversation with club staff last night.

Thanks for that, sounds good to me. happy days. :thumbsup:

Winston Ingram
19-06-2015, 11:30 AM

Do ye know when that's happening?

Waxy
19-06-2015, 11:36 AM
:agree: all these bed wetters are starting to do my nut in.It's quite brutal. It's like someone fancies our bird.

Greencore
19-06-2015, 11:38 AM
If we are serious about winning the title as we have stated, Stubbs will offer a new deal to Allan and not sell... Maybe he has already offered a deal, you never know.

Salt N Sauzee
19-06-2015, 11:43 AM
Think it's time someone made a thread committed to panicking about Scott Allan's future as it seems to be all that's spoken about on here!

Calm yersels! :cb

silverhibee
19-06-2015, 11:45 AM

When is this happening.

Brightside
19-06-2015, 11:49 AM
When is this happening.

Not 100% yet...on going talks with suppliers. Could be next week.

Aldo
19-06-2015, 11:59 AM
We don't make early signings folk are no happy.
We make early signings... Folk are happy for a day then moan we've not signed any more.

Folk are never really that happy are they!

silverhibee
19-06-2015, 12:01 PM
It's quite brutal. It's like someone fancies our bird.

You and J-C have the same bird. :greengrin

Brightside
19-06-2015, 12:01 PM
Maybe Hibs should give out a single letter every day... then we have to guess who is singing. Todays letter is D

Callum_62
19-06-2015, 12:07 PM
Maybe Hibs should give out a single letter every day... then we have to guess who is singing. Todays letter is D

mcgoooooosh.

Franck Stanton
19-06-2015, 12:14 PM

"D" ? But Fontaine begins with an "F"

silverhibee
19-06-2015, 12:19 PM
Not 100% yet...on going talks with suppliers. Could be next week.

So why not just announce the signing of Fontaine and keep the good feel factor going from the club and let the new players that we are bringing in that you mentioned be paraded in the purple strip.

Winston Ingram
19-06-2015, 12:23 PM

Dylan :greengrin :na na:

eastmainsmsh
19-06-2015, 12:25 PM
They've just voted not to pay back a £5m loan to Mike Ashley right away, presumably because they're a bit short of cash

I smell a rat there I think Ashley will have a say in the huns via investment in future

Winston Ingram
19-06-2015, 12:29 PM
I smell a rat there I think Ashley will have a say in the huns via investment in future

Doubt it. He's no exactly on good terms with board

Winston Ingram
19-06-2015, 12:31 PM
Pre-season starts on Monday does it not?

If there are players signed and announced they'll likely be there. Anyone got a long lense?:hide:

andrew70
19-06-2015, 12:42 PM
Pre-season starts on Monday does it not?

If there are players signed and announced they'll likely be there. Anyone got a long lense?:hide:

Wednesday and Thursday they are in for testing.

A week on Monday they start pre-season I believe.

Winston Ingram
19-06-2015, 01:25 PM
Wednesday and Thursday they are in for testing.

A week on Monday they start pre-season I believe.

Odds on away strip launched next Friday

Waxy
19-06-2015, 01:26 PM
You and J-C have the same bird. :greengrinComedy silver.

ElginHibbie
19-06-2015, 01:32 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5509

Boyle 2 year official

hibee92
19-06-2015, 01:35 PM
Boyle signed. Great news, well done Hibs

Bostonhibby
19-06-2015, 01:37 PM

Boyle 2 year official
Good signing. Happy with that

J-C
19-06-2015, 01:40 PM
The worst kept secret in football, good signing and will only get better under Stubbs.

andrew70
19-06-2015, 01:52 PM

That's the day I'd go for. It's been a quiet couple of weeks but everything will start picking up pace again this week coming.

Stubbs and Dempster have both said they want a settled squad for a full pre-season so this week should see plenty movement.

SteveHFC
19-06-2015, 01:56 PM

Hibernian FC ‏@HibsOfficial (https://twitter.com/HibsOfficial) 21h21 hours ago (https://twitter.com/HibsOfficial/status/611572682635800576)
@CraigLeitch18 (https://twitter.com/CraigLeitch18) Hi Craig, the new 15/16 #Hibs (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Hibs?src=hash) away kit will be launched in July - more details soon, GGTTH, HFC

GreenCastle
19-06-2015, 02:00 PM
Good news about Boyle.

Hopefully Fontaine confirmed soon as that would be a massive boost.

After that...a left back - 2 goalies, a creative midfielder and a holding midfielder !

When do the players return to training and when's our first preseason game ?

Liams
19-06-2015, 02:10 PM
Would love for them to do something big with the away kit launch, ie fontain and allan wearing it to show theyve signed extension/2year deal. I would honestly be happy with fontain Allan signed for long deals. Along with a pair of safe hands in goals and id be very happy about our summer spending.

Just Alf
19-06-2015, 02:12 PM
Something's been lost in translation somewhere! My Yam mates (I know, I know!) were telling me just last might he was 100% going to them ???

Oh well, what a shame eh!

:D

jacomo
19-06-2015, 02:15 PM
Boyle signed. Great news, well done Hibs

Won't be announced until the new away shirt is released.

Brightside
19-06-2015, 02:24 PM
Won't be announced until the new away shirt is released.

Fontaine.... :wink: With a goalie...and another midfielder from championship England. :na na:

CallumLaidlaw
19-06-2015, 02:25 PM
Fontaine.... :wink: With a goalie...and another midfielder from championship England. :na na:

Have you been told any names?

Andy74
19-06-2015, 02:29 PM
Would love for them to do something big with the away kit launch, ie fontain and allan wearing it to show theyve signed extension/2year deal. I would honestly be happy with fontain Allan signed for long deals. Along with a pair of safe hands in goals and id be very happy about our summer spending.

If we only added Fontaine and a keeper from here as well as Allan for a further period I'd be very upset about our summer spending.

That would leave us well down on where we finished last season with no cover at full backs, only a couple of central midfielders and one goalkeeper.

CallumLaidlaw
19-06-2015, 02:33 PM
If we only added Fontaine and a keeper from here as well as Allan for a further period I'd be very upset about our summer spending.

That would leave us well down on where we finished last season with no cover at full backs, only a couple of central midfielders and one goalkeeper.

Craig - Carmichael
Robertson -
DjeDje - Keatings
Watson -
Oxley -
Cerny -
McGeoch -

Yip, hard to argue with that, as we needed cover for LB anyway.

Beefster
19-06-2015, 02:35 PM
So, by all accounts, Boyle only signed the contract today and Hibs announced it the same day. Yet, we've signed players days/weeks/years ago and haven't announced them yet? Forgive me if I'm slightly sceptical on that.

Brightside
19-06-2015, 02:38 PM
So, by all accounts, Boyle only signed the contract today and Hibs announced it the same day. Yet, we've signed players days/weeks/years ago and haven't announced them yet? Forgive me if I'm slightly sceptical on that.

OK - I'll forgive you. :greengrin

Turkish Green
19-06-2015, 02:39 PM

Boyle 2 year official
TFFT. I was told this a couple of days ago but glad it is now official.

Hermit Crab
19-06-2015, 02:40 PM
OK - I'll forgive you. :greengrin

Get yourself on the pm board mate. :wink: :aok:

Brightside
19-06-2015, 02:47 PM

Im not a PM anymore... my payment lapsed and I cant get it to pick up again!

Brooster
19-06-2015, 03:00 PM
I cannot believe the amount of bed wetting on this thread......aka Tom Kite.

Lago
19-06-2015, 03:14 PM
Why bother, it was announced on here weeks ago:wink:

Baldy Foghorn
19-06-2015, 03:16 PM
Why bother, it was announced on here weeks ago:wink:

HSL announced it early:greengrin

Franck Stanton
19-06-2015, 03:20 PM

1st part has come to pass, anxiously awaiting official news on rest. Reinforced you are in fact one of our posters "ITK". :wink:

Hermit Crab
19-06-2015, 03:24 PM
Im not a PM anymore... my payment lapsed and I cant get it to pick up again!

An admin will be able to help you.

Thecat23
19-06-2015, 08:18 PM

Said weeks ago Fontaine deal was all agreed and done and he would be announced with away top. I still stand by this! 😎

Prob fall throughly now 😄

SteveHFC
19-06-2015, 08:20 PM
said weeks ago fontaine deal was all agreed and done and he would be announced with away top. I still stand by this! 

prob fall throughly now 

ltyf.

Aldo
19-06-2015, 08:23 PM
Said weeks ago Fontaine deal was all agreed and done and he would be announced with away top. I still stand by this! dde0e Prob fall throughly now dde04

Better get yourself to the bog then??

Thecat23
19-06-2015, 08:25 PM
ltyf.

😁

Thecat23
19-06-2015, 08:26 PM
Better get yourself to the bog then??

Don't start that again 😄

Aldo
19-06-2015, 08:28 PM
Don't start that again dde04

Thought you said you'd probably fall through!! :-) or you mean the deal!!

Anyway. Fontaine signing on for 2 more years will be superb!

Thecat23
19-06-2015, 08:37 PM
Thought you said you'd probably fall through!! :-) or you mean the deal!!

Anyway. Fontaine signing on for 2 more years will be superb!

After last week you never know 😂

Yeah I'd be very happy with a 2 year deal.

Aldo
19-06-2015, 08:39 PM
After last week you never know dde02 Yeah I'd be very happy with a 2 year deal.

:-)

Just need a keeper or 2 another MF player (DM) and anyone else Stubbs can afford!!

Ronniekirk
19-06-2015, 10:17 PM
:-)

Just need a keeper or 2 another MF player (DM) and anyone else Stubbs can afford!!

We still don't know who else may.be leaving and Watson hasn't been signed so we are short of defensive cover and Stevenson apart the rest of the defenders were out injured at different points last season so even if Fontaine has signed an extension we still need cover if Watson isn't being kept .
Would be surprised if we don't bring in a keeper next week as that's a key position and we have known for a while the Ox was going so suggests the keeper he wants is maybe not out of contract till end of June So launch of away Strip could be when a few players get announced right enough .

jacomo
19-06-2015, 11:00 PM
What's happening with McGeoch. Is he out of contract or still with Celtc.

I like him as a footballer, but I have to admit I was never exactly sure what it was he did for us.

J-C
19-06-2015, 11:29 PM

I like him as a footballer, but I have to admit I was never exactly sure what it was he did for us.

He gave us energy and drive similar to Robertson, Dylan is the younger so I'd assume we see him as more of a future.

Juice-Terry
19-06-2015, 11:41 PM

Dylan had a bit of a dip toward the end of the season (after his injury). Before that I think he was arguably better than Allan over the season. We should definitely make a big effort to sign the lad.

stokesmessiah
20-06-2015, 08:22 AM
That FB page is reporting us being in talks with Ben Williams.

Hermit Crab
20-06-2015, 08:34 AM

Thats on facebook too.

Leitherhibs
20-06-2015, 08:34 AM
Said weeks ago Fontaine deal was all agreed and done and he would be announced with away top. I still stand by this! 😎

Prob fall throughly now 😄

Hes been viewing property in the Joppa area this week. Done deal, just awaiting confirmation you'd have thought.

Billychaotic182
20-06-2015, 08:40 AM

It's from a tweet from the Suns journalists Kenny Miller. Would take Big Ben back!

Thecat23
20-06-2015, 08:43 AM
Hes been viewing property in the Joppa area this week. Done deal, just awaiting confirmation you'd have thought.

His girlfriend is Scottish as well and wants to stay here, so it's good to hear he's looking to buy up here!

Vault Boy
20-06-2015, 08:46 AM
Would be very happy to see Williams back. More from Millar suggests that not only did he love his time here, moreover he would have taken a pay cut to stay and he wrote an open letter to the fans after leaving that the club didn't publish.

Green Fish
20-06-2015, 08:54 AM
Would be very happy to see Williams back. More from Millar suggests that not only did he love his time here, moreover he would have taken a pay cut to stay and he wrote an open letter to the fans after leaving that the club didn't publish.

would be delighted also, is he attached to any club at the moment?

Vault Boy
20-06-2015, 08:56 AM
would be delighted also, is he attached to any club at the moment?

Out of contract with Bradford this month.

S4uzee
20-06-2015, 09:02 AM
Only thing is Farid would have to stand at the halfway line to win the flick ons

The_Horde
20-06-2015, 09:06 AM
Only thing is Farid would have to stand at the halfway line to win the flick ons

Thought Ben was alright kicking long. It was his short throws and passes that were hesitant. Not that we often conceded from these,I just can't see him fitting into our play it out from the back style.

The_Horde
20-06-2015, 09:07 AM
Great shot stopper though, which is something we lacked this season.

bingo70
20-06-2015, 09:10 AM
Williams was a much better keeper than Oxley imo. Would be happy enough if he came back.

Brightside
20-06-2015, 09:12 AM
Thats on facebook too.

3 being considered. Oxley may not be out of the mix yet either.

Brightside
20-06-2015, 09:14 AM

Tom Taiwo lives in Joppa also.

Green Fish
20-06-2015, 09:14 AM

I had heard same about Ox also

Hermit Crab
20-06-2015, 09:27 AM

Id rather it wasn't ox to be honest.

MrRobot
20-06-2015, 09:29 AM
As much as I liked Williams, I don't want him to return.

I am certain for the same money we can do better.

staunchhibby
20-06-2015, 09:30 AM
His contract is up at the end of the month

Aldo
20-06-2015, 09:37 AM
Williams was a much better keeper than Oxley imo. Would be happy enough if he came back.

I disagree Bingo.

Williams was a decent keeper but we can DEFO do better than Him. I would prefer Oxley back tbh!

Aldo
20-06-2015, 09:38 AM
Id rather it wasn't ox to be honest.

Rather Oxley than Williams!

bigwheel
20-06-2015, 09:44 AM
Rather Oxley than Williams!

I rate williams much higher than Oxley .. Wouldn't be unhappy to see him back

CRAZYHIBBY
20-06-2015, 09:46 AM
Oxley is an absolute legend compared to some of the rank keepers weve had .....and he scored a goal

Aldo
20-06-2015, 09:46 AM
I rate williams much higher than Oxley .. Wouldn't be unhappy to see him back

I think we could do better than both but out of the 2 I would be happy with Oxley.

Opinions eh!!

Brightside
20-06-2015, 09:56 AM
Id also rather have others.

My_Wife_Camille
20-06-2015, 10:00 AM
Wouldn't say I was desperate to get Ben back but I'd have him over Oxley and day of the week. Would be an excellent signing for any Championship club

keep the faith
20-06-2015, 10:09 AM
I would be very happy to see Ben back.

Bostonhibby
20-06-2015, 10:24 AM
I would be very happy to see Ben back.

:agree:

blackpoolhibs
20-06-2015, 10:26 AM
Meh.

bill the hibby
20-06-2015, 10:33 AM
Although I'd be happy to see him back, it's always nice to see a fresh face, with talent to go along with it of course.

StevieC
20-06-2015, 10:38 AM
I wouldn't be keen on taking back any players that were part of that team that got us relegated under Butcher.

ian cruise
20-06-2015, 10:41 AM
Only one thing for it. We sign Oxley and Ben. Everyone's happy.

Billychaotic182
20-06-2015, 10:48 AM
I wouldn't be keen on taking back any players that were part of that team that got us relegated under Butcher.

Hanlon, Forster, Cummings were all in the team that got us relegated, should we just cut them now yeah?

Franck Stanton
20-06-2015, 11:14 AM
Don't get the love in over Oxley, he's competent without being spectacular. Decidedly average in my opinion. Williams imo is the better of the two, however think there are better keepers out there. Boy just released from the soap-dodgers, was with D'Unt [sorry can't remember his name-senile moment], although was no2 for selik, would certainly be a step up from both Oxley and Williams.

Leitherhibs
20-06-2015, 11:31 AM
Williams > Oxley
Williams > any keeper we've had since the monk

Eyrie
20-06-2015, 11:44 AM
I'd be relaxed if Stubbs wants either Williams and Oxley. Not much between them for me but Oxley would be my choice of the two since he's much younger and so could improve.

JimBHibees
20-06-2015, 12:07 PM
Meh.

Agree average positioning and personally thought was really poor in the run in to relegation. If there was a choice if the 2 it would be Oxley for me. Hopefully someone better can be signed.

StevieC
20-06-2015, 12:08 PM
Hanlon, Forster, Cummings were all in the team that got us relegated, should we just cut them now yeah?

I said "taking back". So .. naw.

Unseen work
20-06-2015, 12:12 PM
Don't get the love in over Oxley, he's competent without being spectacular. Decidedly average in my opinion. Williams imo is the better of the two, however think there are better keepers out there. Boy just released from the soap-dodgers, was with D'Unt [sorry can't remember his name-senile moment], although was no2 for selik, would certainly be a step up from both Oxley and Williams.

Don't think there is a love in with oxley at all, I actually think he is very under rated by most on here.

Not to keen on Ben coming back, seemed to act like a bit of a kid from what I heard towards the end and that wouldn't help the sort of team morale Stubbs is going for.

Would happily take oxley back with a more experience reliable keeper to learn from and could fill in when needed

Hiber-nation
20-06-2015, 12:21 PM
Don't think there is a love in with oxley at all, I actually think he is very under rated by most on here.

Not to keen on Ben coming back, seemed to act like a bit of a kid from what I heard towards the end and that wouldn't help the sort of team morale Stubbs is going for.

Understandably, I don't think he was too happy at not having a goalkeeping coach. Well there was an overweight scout but who knows what he was doing there.

I hope we'd do better than either Williams or Oxley to be honest - different types of keeper but both with flaws. Not the end of the world though if it ends up being one or the other.

jacomo
20-06-2015, 12:21 PM

Would happily take oxley back with a more experience reliable keeper to learn from and could fill in when needed

Given the reports of the bullying and shocking atmosphere inside the camp at that time, I don't think any of the players should be judged too harshly.

Thecat23
20-06-2015, 12:44 PM

Check his stats. He's a poor shot stopper and in this league that's pretty poor. Look at Alexander from Hearts for example he saved more shots at him than oxley did. Oxley was bang average and that's why he wasn't kept on simple as that!

B.H.F.C
20-06-2015, 12:54 PM
Check his stats. He's a poor shot stopper and in this league that's pretty poor. Look at Alexander from Hearts for example he saved more shots at him than oxley did. Oxley was bang average and that's why he wasn't kept on simple as that!

Bang on. He didn't really make many massive mistakes. But a good goalie can be worth quite a few extra points and I can't remember many games where he earned us a point or a win with a big save.

Unseen work
20-06-2015, 01:09 PM

I would be interested to see these stats. I wouldn't read too much into comparing how much saves a goalie makes. Oxley rarely had saves to make and it also depends on the quality of shot he is dealing with.

I never said he was brilliant I just said I think he was underrated and often given too much abuse

Aldo
20-06-2015, 01:09 PM
Bang on. He didn't really make many massive mistakes. But a good goalie can be worth quite a few extra points and I can't remember many games where he earned us a point or a win with a big save.

Kept us in it at Hunbrox in the first leg of playoff. Couple of cracking saves.

Folk have really short memories.

Williams was poor in his final season and made basic mistakes.

Oxley yeah is on a par but is still young. If I had a chiuce Id rather we went for someone else but I'd be happy with Oxley in this league.

silverhibee
20-06-2015, 01:20 PM

Oxley yeah is on a par but is still young. If I had a chiuce Id rather we went for someone else but I'd be happy with Oxley in this league.

This for me please, after all there are 100s of goalies out there to be looked at. :greengrin

Ozyhibby
20-06-2015, 01:30 PM
http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/hearts/314157-how-hearts-brushed-aside-the-competiton-to-win-the-scottish-championship/

Defending with Purpose
Possession must also be viewed through the context of defensive statistics. Predictably, Hearts are strong in this regard as well.

Hearts only concede an average of every 150 minutes on the field. Hibernian lose a goal every 100 minutes while Rangers average losing a goal per game.

The average chances conceded numbers are extremely interesting, because Hibs are ahead of Hearts in this regard, only allowing opposition sides seven glimpses of goal per game.

Hearts' goalkeeper stats provide the difference - Neil Alexander has 14 clean sheets, with Jack Hamilton clocking one shut out. The combined goalkeeper stats (Hamilton has three appearances, Scott Gallacher one substitute appearance) show Hearts save more than three quarters of the shots on target against them. Hibs and Rangers both lag in this regard.

B.H.F.C
20-06-2015, 01:39 PM

I honestly can't remember him doing anything in the playoff game that I wouldn't expect my goalie to do.

Certainly don't think he's the worst we've had by any means but I'd hope we could get someone better.

Aldo
20-06-2015, 01:41 PM
I honestly can't remember him doing anything in the playoff game that I wouldn't expect my goalie to do. Certainly don't think he's the worst we've had by any means but I'd hope we could get someone better.

He did what he did and yeah we can do better! But Williams isn't the answer.

S4uzee
20-06-2015, 01:54 PM
He did what he did and yeah we can do better! But Williams isn't the answer.

As much as I liked Williams, my memory of him is letting Scotland's shot go under him

Waxy
20-06-2015, 02:11 PM
Out of the 3,659,324 goalkeepers in the world, why would we want to sign the guy who was our goalie when we were relegated? Fresh please.

Thecat23
20-06-2015, 02:22 PM
I would be interested to see these stats. I wouldn't read too much into comparing how much saves a goalie makes. Oxley rarely had saves to make and it also depends on the quality of shot he is dealing with.

I never said he was brilliant I just said I think he was underrated and often given too much abuse

He doesn't deserve abuse that's for sure I just don't think he's very good! You just said yourself he didn't have to many shots. But those shots that were hit he often let at least one of them in. This is against weaker sides remember than the prem bar The Rangers and Hearts.

As I say Stubbs was happy for him to move on and that says it all for me bud.

Thecat23
20-06-2015, 02:25 PM
http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/hearts/314157-how-hearts-brushed-aside-the-competiton-to-win-the-scottish-championship/

Defending with Purpose
Possession must also be viewed through the context of defensive statistics. Predictably, Hearts are strong in this regard as well.

Hearts only concede an average of every 150 minutes on the field. Hibernian lose a goal every 100 minutes while Rangers average losing a goal per game.

The average chances conceded numbers are extremely interesting, because Hibs are ahead of Hearts in this regard, only allowing opposition sides seven glimpses of goal per game.

Hearts' goalkeeper stats provide the difference - Neil Alexander has 14 clean sheets, with Jack Hamilton clocking one shut out. The combined goalkeeper stats (Hamilton has three appearances, Scott Gallacher one substitute appearance) show Hearts save more than three quarters of the shots on target against them. Hibs and Rangers both lag in this regard.

Cheers for posting those Ozy. Was trying to find where I read the stats but that's good enough. Shows he wasn't that great at all.

Unseen work
20-06-2015, 03:01 PM
He doesn't deserve abuse that's for sure I just don't think he's very good! You just said yourself he didn't have to many shots. But those shots that were hit he often let at least one of them in. This is against weaker sides remember than the prem bar The Rangers and Hearts.

As I say Stubbs was happy for him to move on and that says it all for me bud.

I agree he's not a great keeper, but he done a job last season and bearing in mind we need 2 goal keepers I wouldn't be upset if he was one of them as they could battle it out, preferably he would be 2nd choice however think he would be to expensive to sit on the bench and can't see him wanting to do that.

I personally don't use stats that much tho as they can sometimes paint a false picture, for example Cummings probably has the worst goals to shots ratio as he always shoots but he was the top goalscorer.

Ronniekirk
20-06-2015, 03:07 PM
This for me please, after all there are 100s of goalies out there to be looked at. :greengrin

But which of them are out of contract ,want to play in the Championship ,And are within our wage structure .But yep for me would rather it was someone else .

Thecat23
20-06-2015, 03:16 PM
I agree he's not a great keeper, but he done a job last season and bearing in mind we need 2 goal keepers I wouldn't be upset if he was one of them as they could battle it out, preferably he would be 2nd choice however think he would be to expensive to sit on the bench and can't see him wanting to do that.

I personally don't use stats that much tho as they can sometimes paint a false picture, for example Cummings probably has the worst goals to shots ratio as he always shoots but he was the top goalscorer.

He needs to work hard next couple of years and it would maybe help if he had real competition to battle it out. I'd have him as number 2 but as you say no chance he would sit on the bench imo and he would be to expensive as well to do so.

Franck Stanton
20-06-2015, 03:18 PM
There are some positions in a team that NEED a quality player, and THE most important, is a good reliable goalkeeper. Warrants spending a decent amount [wage wise] to secure the best available. Breeds confidence throughout the team. Just my opinion but neither Williams or Oxley come into this category, am hoping for a wee bit vision and we are able to attract a good, solid keeper capable of being a stand-out even when we get promoted to SPL at end of season.

Brooster
20-06-2015, 03:23 PM
Surely we can do better than Oxley and Williams. Both are average at best.

vercol36
20-06-2015, 03:28 PM
Surely we can do better than Oxley and Williams. Both are average at best.

I dunno, I thought at times that Williams was one of the better goalies in the Prem when we had him, no?

Jonnyboy
20-06-2015, 06:24 PM
I think memories of Williams are influenced by that run of penalty saves he made. If he returns, so be it but I'd rather a fresh face and a better keeper

bingo70
20-06-2015, 06:33 PM
I think memories of Williams are influenced by that run of penalty saves he made. If he returns, so be it but I'd rather a fresh face and a better keeper

He was a very good shot stopper imo. I do think a lot of mistakes were overlooked though due to his penalty saves.

He's better than Oxley and more than adequate for this league imo so I'd be pretty happy if he signed, even though I accept he's got his limitations.

Smartie
20-06-2015, 07:21 PM
I liked Williams.

I remember going to a pre-season friendly at East Fife just after he joined. It was one of those echoey kind of low-key affairs and you can hear everything the players shouted.

I was amazed at how vocal he was, constantly shouting and organising the back 4.

He was very good for us under Fenlon and went to pieces under Butcher. You could tell he wasn't happy.

I'd have him back in a shot, with the defenders we have now and the league we're in he'd stroll it.

Broken Gnome
20-06-2015, 07:48 PM

That Aberdeen game was about the last time a keeper has won us a game I reckon, to be fair to him.

Few iffy moments spring to mind on the run-in last year. If his working week under Marsalla was crap then I'm sorry for him, but doubt that was on his mind much when Raith's winner was looping towards him.

Andy Bee
20-06-2015, 08:11 PM
David James was on Talksport Thursday night taking questions via Twitter, when asked who he thought the best goalkeeper he'd seen who's normally an outfield player was, his reply was "Liam Fontaine" :hmmm:

Vault Boy
20-06-2015, 08:13 PM
I dunno, I thought at times that Williams was one of the better goalies in the Prem when we had him, no?

Yeah, he was. Pundits and opposition fans alike rated Williams very highly, and with good reason. Not great with crosses, true, but a shot stopper who is far better than we've had in over a decade. Williams won us points on his own, along with Sparky he was the most important player in nearly every game, whilst in the premiership. I honestly can't understand those who wouldn't take him back, but opinions are opinions (an excellent tautology). If he didn't have his faults, we couldn't afford him, he has some for sure, but his strengths far outweigh them. Again, I'd be delighted to have Ben back, would be the best keeper in the league and one of the better ones in the top division were we to achieve promotion, the same can't be said of Oxley.

Beefster
20-06-2015, 08:35 PM
the 3,659,324 goalkeepers in the world

Source?

lochhibs
20-06-2015, 09:39 PM
i'd rather a new keeper.williams is slightly better than oxley imo but both are no better than average.

fwiw,i was asking the guy in the club shop about the away strip.he reckoned it wont be announced until end of this month/beginning of next month with the launch being the 10th or 17th of july.thats a long time to wait for new signings to be unveiled.

hibees 7062
20-06-2015, 09:46 PM
David James was on Talksport Thursday night taking questions via Twitter, when asked who he thought the best goalkeeper he'd seen who's normally an outfield player was, his reply was "Liam Fontaine" :hmmm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=syac4DQ5140

After this game :wink:

ElginHibbie
20-06-2015, 10:08 PM
I'd take either Oxley or Williams as our number 1 for next season as both are more than good enough for this division in my opinion.

For me Williams is the better of the two but Oxley was solid enough last year and the issues that cost us where more at the other end of the pitch so would be happy sticking with him.

hibees 7062
20-06-2015, 11:06 PM
We should take Oxley and Williams

CallumLaidlaw
20-06-2015, 11:42 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/20/f5cd3c86955b76b838304926bf949264.jpg

Billychaotic182
20-06-2015, 11:54 PM

Would be a great signing and a great show of intent if we can pull it off

Unseen work
21-06-2015, 12:06 AM

Would be an unbelievable signing if true! Great player with a bit of dig, thought he would aim a lot higher than us howeve

Sean1875
21-06-2015, 12:48 AM
Williams was regarded as one of the best keepers in the premiership whilst part of arguably one of the worst performing sides in our history, would be a great signing for us now with a more established defensive line and with us obviously being in a lower league

Callum_62
21-06-2015, 12:48 AM

replacement for Allan?

Nutmegged
21-06-2015, 03:00 AM
I'd be very content with Ben Williams, the standard hasn't been the greatest but for me he's been the best keeper at Hibs since Jik Leighton.

He's one of the very few players I felt could hold his head up when we got relegated, he's very vocal and carries himself like a leader, I think he'd be a big bonus to our defence

As for John McGinn, that'd be a tremendous signing but I heard Dundee Utd were looking at him although I thought we might ho for the McGinn who was on loan at Dundee last Season from Sheff Utd

bingo70
21-06-2015, 04:37 AM

Could see handling or Harris going in the other direction if true.

Brightside
21-06-2015, 06:59 AM
Could see handling or Harris going in the other direction if true.

McGinn would cost us £270k in development costs. We can safely put this in the hopes and dreams pile.

bingo70
21-06-2015, 07:12 AM
McGinn would cost us £270k in development costs. We can safely put this in the hopes and dreams pile.

If st mirrens starting point for negotiations is that figure I doubt very much that's how much they'll get. I'd imagine the figure will be close to half that, if we were to then Chuck in a player or two then it's probably not a million miles off our budget.

I don't know anything about this guy so I've no idea if the figures mentioned are good value or not.

SouthMoroccoStu
21-06-2015, 07:16 AM
That kind of fee rules out most (minus Celtc and maybe Aberdeen) clubs in the SPL and championship

Us and hearts included

Ronniekirk
21-06-2015, 07:33 AM
If st mirrens starting point for negotiations is that figure I doubt very much that's how much they'll get. I'd imagine the figure will be close to half that, if we were to then Chuck in a player or two then it's probably not a million miles off our budget.

I don't know anything about this guy so I've no idea if the figures mentioned are good value or not.

Would be a bargain at that price but he won't want to play in the Championship IMO he is an ambitious player who would prefer to go down south ,but needs first team football . if he was to choose us he would have a get out clause if we didn't come straight back up .
Don't see this happening unless he sees Stubbs as the man to improve his game and win him the big move south .

3pm
21-06-2015, 07:34 AM

Scotland U21 caps and a League Cup winners medal. Not your run of the mill free transfer in Scotland. Unless anyone knows for definite how this is calculated, I am not sure we can say the figure will be half.

3pm
21-06-2015, 07:36 AM
.....I assume he was playing when they beat Hertz.

Ronniekirk
21-06-2015, 07:55 AM
Ian Murray wants Scott Agnew from Dumbarton who is out of contract .27 years of age and four years at Dumbarton so the type of player that could do a job in Championship but needs challenge of move to bigger Club Cant remember if he played well against us as only saw one of those games

woodythehibee
21-06-2015, 08:39 AM
Tom Taiwo lives in Joppa also.
Tom lives in tranent.