PDA

View Full Version : Hibs transfer thread (Last Day Update - Anier / Feruz (both loan) in, None out)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Matty_Jack04
10-06-2015, 06:40 AM
Hearts and hibs interested in john daly according to my office yam.....he gets 1 in 10 rumours right so u never know

They can most certainly have that one, they'll sign him and to make them feel better about it they'll pretend they got one over on us, perfect fit for potters hoofball, we're sorted up top

SouthMoroccoStu
10-06-2015, 06:52 AM
They can most certainly have that one, they'll sign him and to make them feel better about it they'll pretend they got one over on us, perfect fit for potters hoofball, we're sorted up top

Well said

Aldo
10-06-2015, 06:54 AM

Indeed!

I don't rate him tbh! We've got Farid who is far better!

jodjam
10-06-2015, 06:57 AM
Hearts and hibs interested in john daly according to my office yam.....he gets 1 in 10 rumours right so u never know

A man who is named after the time it takes him to run once round the pitch. They can have the big lump

Brightside
10-06-2015, 06:59 AM
I just think its embarrassing that Luton Town may have got one over us here, didn't expect the reaction! I know you all think that Feruz was never coming here but there is no smoke without fire. He is 100% the kind of player Stubbs would go for. Really hope I am wrong and that Stubbs has someone else lined up. Would take Holt, maybe Stubbs is aiming to bring in another youth on loan from Everton?

He's 100% not a player that Stubbs wanted.

Viva_Palmeiras
10-06-2015, 07:00 AM
The only place reporting Feruz to Luton is a troll twitter account. Embarrassed for you if you believed that. Not everything you read on the Internet is true!

Abraham Lincoln was just tweeting about that the other day...

CRAZYHIBBY
10-06-2015, 07:23 AM
Hibs close to deal for Fontaine. .. On newsnow site

Waxy
10-06-2015, 07:42 AM
Hearts and hibs interested in john daly according to my office yam.....he gets 1 in 10 rumours right so u never knowCan't be true, we dont take crap players anymore. The jambos might.

Ozyhibby
10-06-2015, 07:47 AM
Hope Hearts get John Daly.

Unseen work
10-06-2015, 07:49 AM
No way would we got for Jon daily. Only way I could see us going for a new striker if it was someone that came up who was far better than what we have and would 100% start. Or we lost a couple which is unlikely.

What about Liam Henderson from Celtic? Were linked with him in January. Another one I like is mcgregor from Celtic, not got much game time of late but think he could get a better club than us

CallumLaidlaw
10-06-2015, 07:59 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-close-to-deal-for-liam-fontaine-1-3797284

Mark Russell & Conor Newton also linked.

CallumLaidlaw
10-06-2015, 08:04 AM
Alex Rodman signs for Newport 

This was the guy that reckoned a contract was signed and sealed with us isn't it?

Butcher obviously a big fan.

Mr White
10-06-2015, 08:21 AM
This was the guy that reckoned a contract was signed and sealed with us isn't it?

You missed an n and a y off the end of that last sentence there callum :aok:

ElginHibbie
10-06-2015, 08:33 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-close-to-deal-for-liam-fontaine-1-3797284

If there is any truth in Russell that's the sort of signing I like us going for, young guy with a lot of potential who would need to fight for his place against Lewis who performed consistently well in that position last year

Billychaotic182
10-06-2015, 08:50 AM

I liked the look of Newton when he played for St Mirren.

CallumLaidlaw
10-06-2015, 09:02 AM

Apparently Hearts are in talks with him. Paper reckons our interest was only if we were promoted.

CallumLaidlaw
10-06-2015, 09:04 AM
If there is any truth in Russell that's the sort of signing I like us going for, young guy with a lot of potential who would need to fight for his place against Lewis who performed consistently well in that position last year

:agree: And he sounds like Stubbs' kind of player. Winger converted to full back. The likes of Mackay-Steven & Andy Robertson have shown that we need to be looking at the lower leagues carefully.

Unseen work
10-06-2015, 09:08 AM
Was Newton the boy from Newcastle that tormented Stevenson with his pace? Or was that another one

CapitalGreen
10-06-2015, 09:14 AM
Was Newton the boy from Newcastle that tormented Stevenson with his pace? Or was that another one

That was Adam Campbell. Newton was also Ginger and from Newcastle, stocky Centre-mid.

My feelings are this was only included so it appears Hearts have got one over on us.

PatHead
10-06-2015, 09:58 AM

Don't think he really fits the profile of the type of player we are after so I doubt it. We seem to go for players who may have a value to sell on or develop rather than journeymen now. Might fit with their style though.

CallumLaidlaw
10-06-2015, 10:00 AM
Don't think he really fits the profile of the type of player we are after so I doubt it. We seem to go for players who may have a value to sell on or develop rather than journeymen now. Might fit with their style though.

Farid is the target man type, and he is much more mobile than Daly. We have 4 strikers now, not including Lewis Allan, and they all have different strengths. Plenty other areas of the pitch needing strengthened before we look at more strikers.

Hermit Crab
10-06-2015, 10:03 AM
Farid is the target man type, and he is much more mobile than Daly. We have 4 strikers now, not including Lewis Allan, and they all have different strengths. Plenty other areas of the pitch needing strengthened before we look at more strikers.

:agree: Goalkeeper for starters.

NAE NOOKIE
10-06-2015, 10:06 AM
4 years ago I would have bitten your hand off to be offered John Daly. Now I would bite my own leg off not to be offered John Daly.

HappyHanlon
10-06-2015, 10:12 AM
4 years ago I would have bitten your hand off to be offered John Daly. Now I would bite my own leg off not to be offered John Daly.

Spot on!

he's destined for cleaning dishes on that boat alongside the other huddy Kevin Kyle!

brog
10-06-2015, 10:14 AM

I certainly enjoyed his goal in the LC final! :wink: I'm not sure about his availability though I had read about them being interested. He signed a 2 year deal with Rotherham last year & I hadn't seen that he was released.

PatHead
10-06-2015, 01:43 PM
I just think its embarrassing that Luton Town may have got one over us here, didn't expect the reaction! I know you all think that Feruz was never coming here but there is no smoke without fire. He is 100% the kind of player Stubbs would go for. Really hope I am wrong and that Stubbs has someone else lined up. Would take Holt, maybe Stubbs is aiming to bring in another youth on loan from Everton?

Don't think it is embarrassing at all as we probably never went in for him. Clubs will have been altered to his availability though which is a totally different thing.

By the way are you also embarrassed that Luton have also signed the Motherwell centre forward Erwin?

Billychaotic182
10-06-2015, 01:54 PM
Don't think it is embarrassing at all as we probably never went in for him. Clubs will have been altered to his availability though which is a totally different thing.

By the way are you also embarrassed that Luton have also signed the Motherwell centre forward Erwin?

No Leeds have

PatHead
10-06-2015, 02:03 PM
No Leeds have

Stand corrected. Sorry.

Unseen work
10-06-2015, 03:00 PM
Good signing for Leeds, Erwin is a very powerful player with a lot of promise, hasn't played a great deal though and had only really started playing to a high standard since January, so its a bit of a risk! But it is a free so a bit of a win win

Geo_1875
10-06-2015, 03:01 PM
Good signing for Leeds, Erwin is a very powerful player with a lot of promise, hasn't played a great deal though and had only really started playing to a high standard since January, so its a bit of a risk! But it is a free so a bit of a win win

He can take a decent punch as well.

Lago
10-06-2015, 03:14 PM
Or 2:agree:

Unseen work
10-06-2015, 03:29 PM

Will fit in well at Leeds then! Probably the reason they signed him!

ALF TUPPER
10-06-2015, 03:58 PM

Another promising career ******. Good job Butcha - ya f*#%€$¥$€%%B@&&@#%:grr:

IanM
11-06-2015, 06:32 AM
@HibsFansNews: We understand Former Swindon Town goalkeeper Wes Foderingham linked with Hibs this morning #FansNews

Saying that, I just read - http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/goalkeeper-would-consider-move-massive-9405402

MB62
11-06-2015, 07:54 AM
Got told last night from what should be a reliable source that Sam Stanton is in talks with Dundee.
Was also told that we are talking to a keeper about signing (he is apparently up here at the moment) but he has no idea who it is (no real info there then :-( )

Unseen work
11-06-2015, 08:50 AM
@HibsFansNews: We understand Former Swindon Town goalkeeper Wes Foderingham linked with Hibs this morning #FansNews

Saying that, I just read - http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/goalkeeper-would-consider-move-massive-9405402

Can't see this happening, he could get a much bigger move imo

Unseen work
11-06-2015, 08:51 AM
Got told last night from what should be a reliable source that Sam Stanton is in talks with Dundee.
Was also told that we are talking to a keeper about signing (he is apparently up here at the moment) but he has no idea who it is (no real info there then :-( )

Would be very disappoint to see this happen, are we just a feeder club for Dundee now?

Andy74
11-06-2015, 08:59 AM
Would be very disappoint to see this happen, are we just a feeder club for Dundee now?

I wouldn't be disappointed at all. Regardless of the division they play in we are not going to lose anyone to Dundee that we don't want to lose.

matty_f
11-06-2015, 09:01 AM
I wouldn't be disappointed at all. Regardless of the division they play in we are not going to lose anyone to Dundee that we don't want to lose.

I'd be disappointed that it was another youngster brought through that ultimately didn't cut it at Hibs, but other than that I totally agree with the sentiment of your post.

Unseen work
11-06-2015, 09:26 AM

Disappointed in the sense he was brilliant when he first broke in the team and just hasn't been able to excel. Yeah I know it's all our garbage they are signing

Hibeewilly
11-06-2015, 09:38 AM
We are talking to a 31 year old experienced goalkeeper and a Scottish under 21 Internationalist - I wasn't given names

IanM
11-06-2015, 09:39 AM

We've been blessed with some real young talent over the last 15 years but it's been a while since we had a youngster that's went on to the Scott Brown/Steven Fletcher level. Not every youngster makes it but if you listened to the Whittaker/Brown/Fletcher pre Scotland game chat, Brown states that when they were at Hibs if you were good enough you'd get your game, regardless of your age. Seems to me the youngsters do toil at the moment to get a game. I mean there is some but we've been constantly rebuilding over the last 5 odd years it's very hard to play youngsters when we're scrapping for results.

I hope we do have a few young guys that will make it big and get a chance at Hibs and I hope we see more of them this season.

Nutmegged
11-06-2015, 09:47 AM
If they want him on a good contract then now's the time to act, he's blootered in Ibiza, he'll sign anythting right now

Paloschi
11-06-2015, 09:51 AM
Just been looking on the Dundee forum (slow morning at work)

Apparently they are confident Boyle will sign a new deal. I think he will sign for Hibs but you never know?

Also interesting to note they think we are after Kevin Thomson. Could be an ideal replacement for Robertson and would suit Stubbsy’s style of play. I like the sound of Allan, Thomson and Fyvie in there! Also feel that there maybe something in this that could see Robertson move back to Dens Park?

I’d be very disappointed if Harris and Stanton left. I feel they are still young and still have the potential to be a success here. Alex did ok at Dundee and I feel that he could do with another season at Hibs. Stanton on the other hand I am convinced is good enough and again needs a full season on loan. Think sending him to a team where he will be the star man would help him develop.

Hibeesmad
11-06-2015, 09:54 AM
We are talking to a 31 year old experienced goalkeeper and a Scottish under 21 Internationalist - I wasn't given names

Jordan Archer who we were linked with last season was released by Spurs yesterday

The_Horde
11-06-2015, 09:56 AM

What are we talking to them about?

Ozyhibby
11-06-2015, 09:57 AM
We've been blessed with some real young talent over the last 15 years but it's been a while since we had a youngster that's went on to the Scott Brown/Steven Fletcher level. Not every youngster makes it but if you listened to the Whittaker/Brown/Fletcher pre Scotland game chat, Brown states that when they were at Hibs if you were good enough you'd get your game, regardless of your age. Seems to me the youngsters do toil at the moment to get a game. I mean there is some but we've been constantly rebuilding over the last 5 odd years it's very hard to play youngsters when we're scrapping for results.

I hope we do have a few young guys that will make it big and get a chance at Hibs and I hope we see more of them this season.

When Brown, Thomson, Riordon and O'Connor broke through we were struggling along under Williamson. Think we finished about 8th.
If you want to play for Hibs you have to grab your chance with both hands. Stanton, Handling and Harris have not done so.

Unseen work
11-06-2015, 09:57 AM
I personally don't mind if Harris goes, when he first broke on the scene he was brilliant for 3 months, but that was a time when the team was awful and he was a shining light to to speak.

A football player needs a bit of swagger, confidence, ruthlessness about there game and to me he doesn't have that. I've waited a long time persuading myself he will be the player I expect but now I really can't see it.

I wish him all the best in whatever he does tho.

Unseen work
11-06-2015, 09:58 AM
What are we talking to them about?

If they knew any good goalkeepers we could sign

NAE NOOKIE
11-06-2015, 10:05 AM
Just been looking on the Dundee forum (slow morning at work)

Apparently they are confident Boyle will sign a new deal. I think he will sign for Hibs but you never know?

Also interesting to note they think we are after Kevin Thomson. Could be an ideal replacement for Robertson and would suit Stubbsy’s style of play. I like the sound of Allan, Thomson and Fyvie in there! Also feel that there maybe something in this that could see Robertson move back to Dens Park?

I’d be very disappointed if Harris and Stanton left. I feel they are still young and still have the potential to be a success here. Alex did ok at Dundee and I feel that he could do with another season at Hibs. Stanton on the other hand I am convinced is good enough and again needs a full season on loan. Think sending him to a team where he will be the star man would help him develop.

Oh please no !

Even if its from a psychological point of view I just dont want to see him back at ER ... For me he is just a reminder of what we need to move on from.

Ozyhibby
11-06-2015, 10:06 AM
@AgentScotland: Hibs have offered Liam Fontaine a new two year contract with a years option if he plays 75% of games in his 2nd Season

Bronson
11-06-2015, 10:10 AM
I'm a big fan of Sam Stanton. I would be very disappointed to see him go, personally.

J-C
11-06-2015, 10:16 AM
Oh please no !

Even if its from a psychological point of view I just dont want to see him back at ER ... For me he is just a reminder of what we need to move on from.

Punted to the youth team training for standing up to the bullying management, he would've strolled this league as the one position Stubbs never filled was a proper defensive midfielder, reads the game well and a very good passer, I'd be happy to see Kevin back here again but I cannot see it myself.

J-C
11-06-2015, 10:17 AM
@AgentScotland: Hibs have offered Liam Fontaine a new two year contract with a years option if he plays 75% of games in his 2nd Season

There is no way this guy would know the ins and outs of anyones contract.

Paloschi
11-06-2015, 10:18 AM
Oh please no !

I was also of that opinion but then I thought about it. I think having him sitting in would compliment Fyvie and Allan. He is more composed than Robertson and would suit the style of play. I’d rather Jorge Claros but I am dreaming there!

3pm
11-06-2015, 10:21 AM
I was also of that opinion but then I thought about it. I think having him sitting in would compliment Fyvie and Allan. He is more composed than Robertson and would suit the style of play. I’d rather Jorge Claros but I am dreaming there!

I'm more composed than Robertson.

MB62
11-06-2015, 10:24 AM
I'm a big fan of Sam Stanton. I would be very disappointed to see him go, personally.

As I am and also very disappointed if he goes. He was apparently told he could go out on a seasons loan but that all changed when we failed to win promotion. I think there is a very decent young player in there and he just needs game time and experience, our loss will be Dundee's gain IMO (IF he signs for them).

Salt N Sauzee
11-06-2015, 10:30 AM
Oh please no !

I'd take Thomson back. He's a good player. The way Butcher treated him was appalling.

With Craig already gone, Robertson allegedly leaving and no further word on McGeough's future - Thomson would give us the bite we're missing in Midfield.

calumhibee1
11-06-2015, 10:30 AM
A midfield with Claros, Fyvie and Allan would be outrageous. :agree:

CallumLaidlaw
11-06-2015, 10:43 AM

What a waste his career has been since he left us. Played 7 games (4 starts) in 2 years, and has now signed for a Chinese 2nd division team!

Comments from his manager in the MLS sound familiar to his first season with us! -

“He didn't come into camp fit, after being here for six months – knowing what we expect – and just wasn't good enough," Vermes said. “We're not waiting around for someone who couldn't figure out what we're trying to do, and so it was time for him to move on because he wasn't the right fit for us.”

BSEJVT
11-06-2015, 10:52 AM
I'd take Thomson back. He's a good player. The way Butcher treated him was appalling.

With Craig already gone, Robertson allegedly leaving and no further word on McGeough's future - Thomson would give us the bite we're missing in Midfield.

I would take the KT that left back, but not the current day one.

Whilst he has ability he is very injury prone and a big part of that is the bad injuries he has suffered taking their toll, its only going to get worse

He is also painfully slow, Robertson isn't perfect but is IMO a far better option than the present day KT

truehibernian
11-06-2015, 10:54 AM
What a waste his career has been since he left us. Played 7 games (4 starts) in 2 years, and has now signed for a Chinese 2nd division team!

Comments from his manager in the MLS sound familiar to his first season with us! -

I know I am in a real minority here but I have to say, Claros was not a player I ever wanted us to break the bank for or indeed re-sign - there were games where he did the simple things well and was a decent player. But I always want a dynamic midfield which can not only do simple, but can chip in with goals, assists, tackles, creation........there were times, dare I say, Jorge was a little faint hearted in games.

Of course it's all about opinions - don't think he was a bad player but equally I don't think he really offered Hibs much on a consistent basis. Mind, when we had the likes of Joe Keenan, Ross Chisholm, Alan O'Brien, Ed de Graaf, Matt Thornhill before him.....he was bound to look decent :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
11-06-2015, 10:58 AM

Whilst he has ability he is very injury prone and a big part of that is the bad injuries he has suffered taking their toll, its only going to get worse

He is also painfully slow, Robertson isn't perfect but is IMO a far better option than the present day KT

:agree: Not sure Thomson is they type of player we need when we are trying to press teams. He slowed the game down whenever he got the ball - he absolutely loved to turn back towards his own goal with the ball before deciding what to do next, wasting a valuable few seconds where we could have been starting a counter attack.

J-C
11-06-2015, 11:01 AM
:agree: Not sure Thomson is they type of player we need when we are trying to press teams. He slowed the game down whenever he got the ball - he absolutely loved to turn back towards his own goal with the ball before deciding what to do next, wasting a valuable few seconds where we could have been starting a counter attack.

Possibly due to the fact we had zero options ahead of him, the midfield under Fenlon was the most boring ever and under Butcher non existent with the long ball.

Salt N Sauzee
11-06-2015, 11:06 AM

I think he could still do a job for us though, especially at Championship level.

I don't think we'll be keeping Robertson. Read somewhere that his wages were halved due to not getting promoted in the season gone, it was a condition in his contract. Does anyone know if that's true?

keep the faith
11-06-2015, 11:15 AM
KT on a sensible contract and an expectation from all he wont play every game would be a pretty smart move IMO.
He gives something different and as an earlier poster said, his game is perfectly suited to the better more dynamic players which will now surround him.
Would I want him snapping away in the midfield and protecting the defence for us against sevco next year? Too right I would.

Is he a better squad option that Robertson. In my opionion he certainly is.
I would also love him to get a proper crack at things this time after playing for free then being treated so badly last time around.

Sensible contract would be the key.

high bee
11-06-2015, 11:26 AM
Dundee fans on their forum seem to think a variety of things including:

We will swap Robertson or Stanton for Thomson, with Boyles compensation written off for good measure.

We will swap Allan for Thomson with Boyles compensation written off and they would also loan us Wighton for a season. They're sounding like yams with this one!

Waxy
11-06-2015, 11:30 AM
Let them keep KT. Lets move forward, not backwards.

scoopyboy
11-06-2015, 11:32 AM
Dundee fans on their forum seem to think a variety of things including:

We will swap Robertson or Stanton for Thomson, with Boyles compensation written off for good measure.

We will swap Allan for Thomson with Boyles compensation written off and they would also loan us Wighton for a season. They're sounding like yams with this one!

Robertson isn't ours to swap.

As he is an out of contract player if Dundee want him they can just do it.

truehibernian
11-06-2015, 11:41 AM
Robertson isn't ours to swap.

As he is an out of contract player if Dundee want him they can just do it.

We need some height and braun in the middle area I feel scoopy - I thought Will Vaulks looked decent last season whenever I saw him. Hails from Merseyside area too - I like Robertson a lot but too often in important games he failed to close down.

Mikey09
11-06-2015, 11:43 AM
Robertson is a stick on for the yams...:greengrin

keep the faith
11-06-2015, 11:47 AM
We need some height and braun in the middle area I feel scoopy - I thought Will Vaulks looked decent last season whenever I saw him. Hails from Merseyside area too - I like Robertson a lot but too often in important games he failed to close down.

Or simply control the ball!!!

truehibernian
11-06-2015, 11:53 AM
Or simply control the ball!!!

I think he did well last season, ably helped by Scott Allan and Dylan McGeouch....Fyvie bolstering in January saw us go on a fantastic unbeaten run.

In the relegation season Robbo was being required to do far too much in a very undynamic and uncreative midfield area. At the end of games he was literally spent. His only flaw for me is when an opposition player picks up the ball in the final third, edge of box, he either commits too early or 'shadows/stands off' too far - the Falkirk goal stands out, IIRC he conceded the penalty at Tynie, and in the play off at Ibrox, although Lewis was far too static, I again think it was Robbo who stood off Vuckic to allow the lofted pass. I'm being harsh, but as we saw, these mistakes are costly.

hibbytam
11-06-2015, 12:00 PM
I think he did well last season, ably helped by Scott Allan and Dylan McGeouch....Fyvie bolstering in January saw us go on a fantastic unbeaten run.

In the relegation season Robbo was being required to do far too much in a very undynamic and uncreative midfield area. At the end of games he was literally spent. His only flaw for me is when an opposition player picks up the ball in the final third, edge of box, he either commits too early or 'shadows/stands off' too far - the Falkirk goal stands out, IIRC he conceded the penalty at Tynie, and in the play off at Ibrox, although Lewis was far too static, I again think it was Robbo who stood off Vuckic to allow the lofted pass. I'm being harsh, but as we saw, these mistakes are costly.

Unless I'm going crazy, wasn't it Craig and Stevenson on Vuckic?

truehibernian
11-06-2015, 12:03 PM
Unless I'm going crazy, wasn't it Craig and Stevenson on Vuckic?

You might be right mate, I've not watched it again - I'll happily stand corrected and 'virtually' apologise to Robbo :greengrin

Smartie
11-06-2015, 12:05 PM
Robertson was better for us last season but I still think he was a square peg in a round hole. He isn't really a defensive midfielder - he's certainly decent defensively and better than the others so he was played there and because of the level we were at he did fine.

If Robertson were to stay (I wouldn't be against this) then he should be used further forward and a "proper" defensive midfielder brought in (like Claros or Thomson) or even as was suggested elsewhere Hanlon could play there (who has better defensive attributes). Robertson actually got a decent amount of goals for a midfielder whose role was primarily a defensive one last season - he'd probably be the best of last season's midfield to make the late run into the box and get onto the end of chances if he was freed up to do so.

What is most important is the "blend" and having different types of players who compliment each other. It's nonsense to criticise Claros and Thomson for things that they don't do. The defensive midfielder is one of the most prized specialists in world football now. Just look at how many more medal Makelele won than he scored goals.

kentao
11-06-2015, 12:07 PM

Robbo gifted Rangers the ball after picking it up about 25 yards out with no one around him. He played a poor pass into the midfield and a rangers player collected easily about 40 yards out before it was played wide to vucknic / foster / goal.

He also had another one when earlier in the season (could have been Rangers again) went down with cramp got back up ball ended up at his feet instead of kicking it out for a throw he just let the ball roll past him. opposition picked the ball up about a yard away from him pass into the box then goal.

I hate how he tackles with his arms all the time and feel we could do better.

Unseen work
11-06-2015, 12:11 PM
I think Robertson had a very good season, the most disappointing thing he done IMO was not close a player down for a goal as he was cramping up, I don't believe for a second he couldn't of made the 5 yard burst.

He is a grafter and not a natural defensive midfielder, although you don't have to be massive to play the role I don't think he imposes himself on the opposition enough. Look at Kevin Thomson, relatively small guy but imposes himself and makes his presence felt.

Hopefully we sign a defensive midfielder capable of this and comfortable on the ball

Togs91
11-06-2015, 01:38 PM

This, Thomson is a strong player and I thought was one of the only people in that squad who when he was allowed on for about 5 minutes looked like making a difference, and actually gave two f**** about us

Broken Gnome
11-06-2015, 01:54 PM
Can't see Hibs signing too many players that aren't going to get better. Kevin Thomson isn't going to get better.

Smartie
11-06-2015, 02:48 PM
Can't see Hibs signing too many players that aren't going to get better. Kevin Thomson isn't going to get better.

You need to have a bit of experience in there too though.

The issue shouldn't be whether or not the player is going to get better but whether or not they are going to make the Hibs team better. Kevin Thomson would make us a better team imo, fair enough some may disagree.

Franck Sauzee wasn't going to get any better at Hibs. Would we turn our noses up at a thirty-something with the pedigree of Sauzee pitching up and wanting to play for us? Of course not.

Broken Gnome
11-06-2015, 03:50 PM
You need to have a bit of experience in there too though.

The issue shouldn't be whether or not the player is going to get better but whether or not they are going to make the Hibs team better. Kevin Thomson would make us a better team imo, fair enough some may disagree.

Franck Sauzee wasn't going to get any better at Hibs. Would we turn our noses up at a thirty-something with the pedigree of Sauzee pitching up and wanting to play for us? Of course not.

We're not though. I'd reckon if Hibs are profiling positions as they seem to be and are after a degree of permanency to that role, someone of Thomson's age and fitness are well down the list unless he was really top drawer.

ancient hibee
11-06-2015, 04:06 PM
Don't think we can afford to sign a player like Thomson who can't be relied on to be fit to play when the manager wants him or who has difficulty lasting 90 minutes.As regards Stanton it seems strange that it is said that one manager thinks he's not ready for the championship and another manager thinks he's ready for the premiership.

Salt N Sauzee
11-06-2015, 06:54 PM
Lukasz Zaluska

Goalie for Celtic now out of contract. Any takers?

duffers
11-06-2015, 07:09 PM
Lukasz Zaluska

No thanks. Not for me.

IanM
11-06-2015, 07:20 PM
Lukasz Zaluska

Always rated him. Guaranteed first team football and gets to stay in Scotland. No brainer for me. Great experience and would bring any young goalie along

Just no drinking in Glasgow allowed 😏

Nando™
11-06-2015, 07:25 PM
Lukasz Zaluska

Great goalie, wages may be a problem, though.

Jim Herriot
11-06-2015, 07:26 PM
Mark Oxley released by Hull.
http://m.hulldailymail.co.uk/Hull-City-Goalkeepers-Mark-Oxley-Joe-Cracknell-13/story-26674673-detail/story.html

Thecat23
11-06-2015, 07:33 PM
No thanks. Not for me.

Any reason you wouldn't take him? I've always rated him myself and think he'd be very good! He's good with cross balls which Oxley wasn't so for me I'd take him.

bingo70
11-06-2015, 07:35 PM
Great goalie, wages may be a problem, though.

I wouldn't have thought so, he's not done enough to warrant another move to a club the size of Celtic again. He's not worth what he's getting paid now, he's worth what someone is willing to pay him.

Nando™
11-06-2015, 07:37 PM
I wouldn't have thought so, he's not done enough to warrant another move to a club the size of Celtic again. He's not worth what he's getting paid now, he's worth what someone is willing to pay him.

But simply being there would have put him on the watch of more English teams than when he was at Dundee United. Not to mention the rest of the Premiership teams thinking they could scoop a bargain.

3pm
11-06-2015, 07:44 PM
Any reason you wouldn't take him? I've always rated him myself and think he'd be very good! He's good with cross balls which Oxley wasn't so for me I'd take him.

It wouldn't surprise me.

GreenArmyyy!
11-06-2015, 08:20 PM
Martin Boyle just put on Facebook he is looking forward to Monday with an emoji of a football and contract! Hopefully for us!

high bee
11-06-2015, 08:42 PM
http://www.thedarkblues.co.uk/topic/3279-sam-stanton/

Danderhall Hibs
11-06-2015, 09:29 PM
Possibly due to the fact we had zero options ahead of him, the midfield under Fenlon was the most boring ever and under Butcher non existent with the long ball.

That's brilliant. Folk criticised Craig for doing that on occasion not all the time yet when Thomson does it it's everyone else's fault!

JimBHibees
11-06-2015, 09:40 PM

Pretty sure it was Craig that let Vuckic play the ball however the real mistake was Lewis ball watching and also Hanlon losing Clark in the middle. Agree about Robbo you can also add the Walker goal at new year when he didn't close the shot. I like him though and wouldn't be sad to see him stay on.

J-C
11-06-2015, 11:32 PM
That's brilliant. Folk criticised Craig for doing that on occasion not all the time yet when Thomson does it it's everyone else's fault!

You can only pass forward if the players around and in front of you have movement and make space for themselves, last seasons team had did neither hence why Thompson passed sideways most of the time. Move forward a year and watch Fyvie/Allan/McGeouch all moving, all looking for the ball and all driving forwards, stick Thompson at the back of that lot and he'd be spraying passes all over the pitch..................but then I forgot you have a gripe towards Thompson and he's not you're favourite player which you've pointed out on a good few posts.

Danderhall Hibs
12-06-2015, 06:25 AM
You can only pass forward if the players around and in front of you have movement and make space for themselves, last seasons team had did neither hence why Thompson passed sideways most of the time. Move forward a year and watch Fyvie/Allan/McGeouch all moving, all looking for the ball and all driving forwards, stick Thompson at the back of that lot and he'd be spraying passes all over the pitch..................but then I forgot you have a gripe towards Thompson and he's not you're favourite player which you've pointed out on a good few posts.

:tee hee: I have no gripe - I'd love to have seen Thomson "spray passes" just that it appeared he wasn't capable anymore.

There's lots of folk that get blinkers on and can only see what they want to.

staunchhibby
12-06-2015, 07:41 AM
Sam is on holiday at moment so it will not be monday

Winston Ingram
12-06-2015, 07:45 AM
Punted to the youth team training for standing up to the bullying management, he would've strolled this league as the one position Stubbs never filled was a proper defensive midfielder, reads the game well and a very good passer, I'd be happy to see Kevin back here again but I cannot see it myself.

This. I'd take him

Brooster
12-06-2015, 08:15 AM
I think we need to get over Kevin Thomson and look for someone younger and more dynamic, remember this is the same Kevin Thomson who was actively looking for an excuse not to play in the fist leg of last season's play off because he didnt want to play on an atrificial surface. Same goes for Claros, lets move on folks.

worcesterhibby
12-06-2015, 08:26 AM
Please, please please can we NOT sign KT again. He's a liability. Constantly injured, always getting booked for swearing at Ref's, slow slow slow and just hasn't got the same positivity with the ball he had as a youngster. Plus my impression has always been that he is a bit of a billy big boots and could well unsettle the dressing room (to be fair that is based on nothing but a gut feeling).

J-C
12-06-2015, 08:31 AM
Please, please please can we NOT sign KT again. He's a liability. Constantly injured, always getting booked for swearing at Ref's, slow slow slow and just hasn't got the same positivity with the ball he had as a youngster. Plus my impression has always been that he is a bit of a billy big boots and could well unsettle the dressing room (to be fair that is based on nothing but a gut feeling).

The complete opposite in the dressing room last season exactly, well respected with all the players and only he and Craig stood up to the Butcher regime.

kentao
12-06-2015, 08:41 AM

Spoke to him in the club shop during the Griffiths / Thomson strip signing. Came across as very humble and loved being back at hibs. Asked him if the rumor was true that he was playing for free he said " Yes its true, I want to repay the club that started my career, i am happy to be playing every week and enjoying my football again" Came across as anything buy Billy Big Time.

Andy74
12-06-2015, 08:57 AM
Thomson has averaged about 20 games a season his whole career.

If we were to pay him half a wage it might be worth it.

GreenOnions
12-06-2015, 09:12 AM
Thomson has averaged about 20 games a season his whole career. .

This would be the only thing I'd be concerned about re signing KT.

IMO - in a footballing sense he is one of the things we could do with just now - he likes to play football the proper way and can pass the ball, he's got a bit of dig about him and can play in a position we require to fill, he has leadership qualities and a strong feeling for our club. Equally importantly - he has a good deal of experience - which may well complement what Stubbs plans to have in the other midfield positions.

If Alan Stubbs is interested in KT I would definitely understand why. However, injury concerns would imply that KT would be an addition to the squad more than someone likely to start every week. I think having him as backup defensive midfielder and generally in and around the dressing room would be a positive step.

cmcd
12-06-2015, 09:16 AM

All these people who say KT is a Billy Big Baws obviously don't know him He is anything but

berwickhibee
12-06-2015, 09:18 AM
I think we need to get over Kevin Thomson and look for someone younger and more dynamic, remember this is the same Kevin Thomson who was actively looking for an excuse not to play in the fist leg of last season's play off because he didnt want to play on an atrificial surface. Same goes for Claros, lets move on folks.

100% :thumbsup: mountains of good players out there,the trick is having a manager who can spot them,which we have lacked since Mowbray, lets see what stubbsy brings in to the squad,i trust him to improve us again.

Heisenberg
12-06-2015, 09:20 AM
Kevin Thomson doesnt play enough games in a season to merit signing him again. He wasn't that great when he came back last time either. We need to move forward not back.

Hermit Crab
12-06-2015, 09:28 AM
I wouldn't be happy if we signed him. Injury prone and generally not a got player now. Onwards and upwards please.

HFC 0-7
12-06-2015, 09:36 AM

Doesnt really matter though. Scott Allan had played about 45 games in 4 years before moving to Hibs. Fraser Fyvie played about 65 games in 5 or 6 years. In saying that, still wouldnt want Thomson back.

Andy74
12-06-2015, 09:56 AM
Doesnt really matter though. Scott Allan had played about 45 games in 4 years before moving to Hibs. Fraser Fyvie played about 65 games in 5 or 6 years. In saying that, still wouldnt want Thomson back.

Those are young guys who made maybe the wrong moves too early. Thomson has had a fairly long career so far and this statistic is consistent for him.

It's not ability, it is fitness and injury related. I'm not sure it would be the best use of our money on a player who has shown for about 13 years now that he plays about half the games.

HFC 0-7
12-06-2015, 11:32 AM
Those are young guys who made maybe the wrong moves too early. Thomson has had a fairly long career so far and this statistic is consistent for him.

It's not ability, it is fitness and injury related. I'm not sure it would be the best use of our money on a player who has shown for about 13 years now that he plays about half the games.

I agree that we shouldnt buy him but not just because he has had injuries. He isnt as bad with injuries as you make out. He played regularly for hibs after he broke through. He missed one whole season at Rangers with the injury but managed on average 35 games a season in the other 2 season he was there. Middlesborough he broke his fibula and missed some time but was playing regularly apart from that. In his second spell at hibs he didnt always get a game but it wasnt down to injury all the time. Many players have spells off through injury, David Gray had his injury problems at PNE missing large spells. Its all about whether the manager feels like any potential issues can be managed. Scott Allan has fitness issues relating to his diabetes but with the proper training and diet he is like a changed player.

madhatter
12-06-2015, 12:07 PM
This talk of KT is a little sad. We need to be looking forward, not back.

Lago
12-06-2015, 12:09 PM

Yesterdays man!

CockneyRebel
12-06-2015, 01:03 PM
Yesterdays man!

Last year's man

jacomo
12-06-2015, 01:12 PM
This talk of KT is a little sad. We need to be looking forward, not back.

Not sideways?

:wink:

cloudy
12-06-2015, 02:22 PM
Kevin Thomson doesnt play enough games in a season to merit signing him again. He wasn't that great when he came back last time either. We need to move forward not back.
Kevin is taking his coaching badges if we can sign him he'd be perfect person for a young defensive midfielder to learn from if kevin can only manage 20 games it gives the young lad a chance to play. Win win as far as I see it

Craig_HFC
12-06-2015, 02:28 PM
Katie can stay in Dundee.

mentalhibee
12-06-2015, 02:37 PM
Kevin is taking his coaching badges if we can sign him he'd be perfect person for a young defensive midfielder to learn from if kevin can only manage 20 games it gives the young lad a chance to play. Win win as far as I see it

I'd take Him over Robertson or Craig for the holding role. Would be a good signing.

Pray4Marc
12-06-2015, 02:44 PM

This is an excellent point, Liam Craig was lambasted for playing the easy ball and playing the ball back backwards.

IMO signing Kevin Thomson would be a huge mistake. I really don't see what he has too offer, poor work rate, lack of movement, poor defensively, injury prone. Also his insistence on slowing the game down is infuriating at times. Really does not fit into our style of play.

Would much rather have Dylan McGeouch signed permanently or back on a season loan.

KWJ
12-06-2015, 02:44 PM
I'd take Him over Robertson or Craig for the holding role. Would be a good signing.

I'd rather have Robertson than Thomson.

Quick straw poll!

keep the faith
12-06-2015, 02:50 PM

Quick straw poll!

I'll start. KT.

Big_Franck
12-06-2015, 02:51 PM

Quick straw poll!

Agreed. Wouldn't even be a tough choice IMO.

BSEJVT
12-06-2015, 02:54 PM
Robbo (where is the anyone other than KT button)

I liked him in his first spell and forgave him on his return and welcomed him back but his day is long gone.

Stuarty27
12-06-2015, 03:02 PM
His last touch in hibs jersey was a missed pen.

Sums him up, murder

Allant1981
12-06-2015, 03:03 PM

Sums him up, murder

He was hardly murder

Gatecrasher
12-06-2015, 03:06 PM

Sums him up, murder
He made zero impact in that game, would rather not have him back.

mim
12-06-2015, 03:13 PM
Robbo, no doubt

Aldo
12-06-2015, 03:14 PM
I personally think we need to move on from KT.

He's had his time and think Stubbs will have someone in mind to play that specific role.

I also think his previous injuries are starting to catch up with him.

So it's a NO from me.

Baldy Foghorn
12-06-2015, 03:22 PM

He's had his time and think Stubbs will have someone in mind to play that specific role.

So it's a NO from me.

Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. Big NO from me

jdships
12-06-2015, 03:37 PM
Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. Big NO from me

:thumbsup::agree:

DTS
12-06-2015, 03:38 PM
If Stubbs wants him that's good enough for me, if he doesn't that's also good enough for me

hibees 7062
12-06-2015, 03:45 PM

So it's a NO from me.

Exactly and if it's KT I will back him 100 per cent

Waxy
12-06-2015, 03:46 PM
SR

H18S NX
12-06-2015, 03:56 PM
It's a NO from me.

Baldy Foghorn
12-06-2015, 03:57 PM
If Stubbs wants him that's good enough for me, if he doesn't that's also good enough for me

I would doubt AS has even given a second's thought to KT...... Wouldn't enhance us....

Ryan91
12-06-2015, 03:58 PM
I'd take Robertson over Thomson

Gmack7
12-06-2015, 03:59 PM
forget this holding role cr@p ATTACK ATTACK

WeeRussell
12-06-2015, 04:00 PM
:grr::grr: More talk about Thomson!!

.. keep coming on seeing so many new posts thinking Scotty's signed an extension :greengrin

jacomo
12-06-2015, 04:19 PM
forget this holding role cr@p ATTACK ATTACK

Drop the centre backs too, aye?

Gmack7
12-06-2015, 04:22 PM
Drop the centre backs too, aye?
not both of them as that would be stupid

TAHibby
12-06-2015, 05:31 PM
Initial reaction was a no to Thomson but have to say it would be interesting to have Thomson in midfield with players like Allan (pleassseee) around him.

hfc rd
12-06-2015, 05:35 PM
It's a no from me regarding KT.

leither17
12-06-2015, 05:37 PM
SR from about 2010 onwards

Salt N Sauzee
12-06-2015, 05:38 PM
He made zero impact in that game, would rather not have him back.

No one made am impact in that game. Bit harsh to single out Thomson

Aldo
12-06-2015, 05:56 PM
No one made am impact in that game. Bit harsh to single out Thomson

It was a game that a player of his supposed quality should of stamped his authority on and he didn't. Was poor as were the rest.
KT has had his time at Hibs and it's time for us to look for elsewhere!

Gatecrasher
12-06-2015, 06:17 PM
It was a game that a player of his supposed quality should of stamped his authority on and he didn't. Was poor as were the rest.
Exactly, we needed someone to stand up and influence the game, and take some off the pressure of the defence. he came off the bench and done nothing.

blackpoolhibs
12-06-2015, 06:29 PM

I dont want him back, but he was treated abysmally by Butcher with hardly ANY game time at all. He'd hardly have been match fit for such an important game, not an excuse but certainly a reason in my opinion.

We need to look forward not back.

Aldo
12-06-2015, 06:30 PM
I dont want him back, but he was treated abysmally by Butcher with hardly ANY game time at all. He'd hardly have been match fit for such an important game, not an excuse but certainly a reason in my opinion. We need to look forward not back.

He was indeed and I agree. As I said time to move on!

Ronniekirk
12-06-2015, 07:30 PM
He was indeed and I agree. As I said time to move on!

The thread is struggling to move on due to lack of signings and rumours ,hence folk looking back but agree Aldo K T has had two spells with us already and think Stubbs will be looking elsewhere

portyhibernian
12-06-2015, 07:35 PM
Can't see Stubbs wanting him and I'm not sure if want him back either. Doesn't seem to be able to stay fit. There's an amusing thread on that Dundee forum about a possible deal for Scott Allan!

Mr White
12-06-2015, 07:42 PM
Not hibs related but the bbc reporting that aberdeen are going to sign paul quinn who has left ross county. Underwhelming for dons fans presumably :greengrin

Unseen work
12-06-2015, 08:06 PM
Can't see Stubbs wanting him and I'm not sure if want him back either. Doesn't seem to be able to stay fit. There's an amusing thread on that Dundee forum about a possible deal for Scott Allan!

Haha they must be steaming!! Scotty will be away to England after his imo

Mr White
12-06-2015, 08:13 PM
Still no official word on djedje's exit?

Pretty Boy
12-06-2015, 08:13 PM
Re Kevin Thomson.

I was happy enough to see him back last time and was glad he made his peace with a majority of fans but it's time to move on. He'd probably now be able to attend a match as a fan, something I'm not sure would have been possible not so long ago. A great player for us 1st time round, decent enough 2nd time. We don't need a 3rd time.

bingo70
12-06-2015, 08:14 PM
I've been busy at work this week so not had time to keep up, this thread seems to have turned into the Kevin Thomson thread, was it rumoured we were actually signing him 9r was it just suggested that he'd be a good signing?

Borderhibbie76
12-06-2015, 08:33 PM
Can we move this to a Kevin Thomson thread...becoming annoying checking for transfer updates and its all this should we shouldn't we sign KT chat. IMO it won't happen so can we leave it there and stick to transfer updates

Mr White
12-06-2015, 08:33 PM
I've been busy at work this week so not had time to keep up, this thread seems to have turned into the Kevin Thomson thread, was it rumoured we were actually signing him 9r was it just suggested that he'd be a good signing?

Mentioned as a rumour on a dundee fc fans forum apparently. They were also discussing scott allan signing for dundee so more than a pinch of salt required imo.

Billychaotic182
12-06-2015, 08:41 PM
The boy Andy on facebook is saying Boyle and Fontaine will be announced on Monday on two year deals

FranckSuzy
12-06-2015, 08:45 PM
The boy Andy on facebook is saying Boyle and Fontaine will be announced on Monday on two year deals

:hmmm: At 21.16 someone 'ITK' posted the exact same on The Bounce....

madhatter
12-06-2015, 08:48 PM
Who else would like to see us snap up some talented youngsters? Some excellent talents in Scottish lower leagues and whilst compensation will be an issue...nothing like supporting a talented, exciting, youngster and see his development!

bingo70
12-06-2015, 08:51 PM
:hmmm: At 21.16 someone 'ITK' posted the exact same on The Bounce....

It's clearly an educated guess.

Suppose no harm in that if it's letting other hibs fans know.

Fwiw I think Fontaine signing is terrific news, I'm ok with Boyle signing as well but I hope he's being signed as a squad player and we're after another winger as well.

Boyle did well for a few games but in general I think his contribution is being blown out of proportion.

HoboHarry
12-06-2015, 08:51 PM
Who else would like to see us snap up some talented youngsters? Some excellent talents in Scottish lower leagues and whilst compensation will be an issue...nothing like supporting a talented, exciting, youngster and see his development!

Like Keatings and Carmichael?

Billychaotic182
12-06-2015, 08:53 PM

James Forrests brother Allan is meant to be a good prospect. Nathan Austin is another good player he is at East Fife. Also we are linked with Mark Russell a left back at Morton.

eastmainsmsh
12-06-2015, 09:05 PM
I don't think Thomson will be back but I wouldn't say no to him playing deep in a three five two I think he is classy on the ball just didn't work out last time due to butcher maybe time to move on as some say

Thecat23
12-06-2015, 09:16 PM
Fontaine deal was done and agreed weeks ago. Announcement clearly delayed for ST sales boost. Good move all the same.

Waxy
12-06-2015, 09:17 PM
Boyle has real potential and Hibs can and will turn him into a real cracking player imo.

GreenArmyyy!
12-06-2015, 09:21 PM
Would take Thomson back. He would be much better in this side than the car crash of a 'team' Butcher put together. Not put together but you know what I mean.

EVENTUALLY
12-06-2015, 09:23 PM
Like Keatings and Carmichael?

Or Martin or Duthie from the u20s. I'd far rather give a promising youngster a chance in midfield beside Allan and Fyfvie in a side featuring Gray, Hanlon, Stevenson, Farid who provide experience and stability to allow a young guy 8/10 games to show their ability and enthusiasm and make their mark. KT has had his chance, he took the first one and didn't make the most of his second. A third one would send out the wrong signals to our development squad.

SteveHFC
12-06-2015, 09:34 PM
Fontaine deal was done and agreed weeks ago. Announcement clearly delayed for ST sales boost. Good move all the same.

:hyper

Any news on Sparky bud :hyper

Thecat23
12-06-2015, 09:37 PM
:hyper

Any news on Sparky bud :hyper

He's signed as well...... For Celtic [emoji22][emoji16]

SteveHFC
12-06-2015, 09:42 PM
He's signed as well...... For Celtic [emoji22][emoji16]

Wait until Hay sees this post :greengrin

hibees 7062
12-06-2015, 09:58 PM

Delighted with this news :agree:

Unseen work
12-06-2015, 10:19 PM
Keith Watson has been offered a deal

S4uzee
12-06-2015, 10:20 PM

Hmmm a bit undecided on that one

Unseen work
12-06-2015, 10:22 PM
Hmmm a bit undecided on that one

Think he was really good for us except when he got a roasting by Wallace, don't think he was fit for that game.

Think he would be coming as a squad player/back up for gray. Personally think Forster is better but we seen how important it is to have options at the back as a couple of players injured really limited us.

ElginHibbie
12-06-2015, 10:33 PM
Think he was really good for us except when he got a roasting by Wallace, don't think he was fit for that game.

Think he would be coming as a squad player/back up for gray. Personally think Forster is better but we seen how important it is to have options at the back as a couple of players injured really limited us.

Agree he would make a good back up, no more than that but knowing our luck with artificial surfaces we will need one

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-06-2015, 10:51 PM
Whats the script with Harris?

Ronniekirk
12-06-2015, 11:09 PM
Whats the script with Harris?
It's still to be written :wink:

silverhibee
12-06-2015, 11:32 PM
James Forrests brother Allan is meant to be a good prospect. Nathan Austin is another good player he is at East Fife. Also we are linked with Mark Russell a left back at Morton.

Ian Murray after him for the buddies.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-06-2015, 11:50 PM
It's still to be written :wink:

Not gonna lie, I liked that answer Ronnie haha :greengrin

Unseen work
13-06-2015, 12:09 AM
Agree he would make a good back up, no more than that but knowing our luck with artificial surfaces we will need one

Keith doesn't like playing on artificial pitches, always gets an injury from it. hibs know this and try rest him for these games

offshorehibby
13-06-2015, 07:46 AM
A strange tweet from

Liam Fontaine ‏@LiamFontaine 10m10 minutes ago
Back to the big smoke ... London bound .... There's no place like home #family

Or am i just worrying unnecessarily and he's away back down to his family after signing his deal.

Ronniekirk
13-06-2015, 07:56 AM
A strange tweet from

Or am i just worrying unnecessarily and he's away back down to his family after signing his deal.

Who knows ,but if all the speculation is true he has signed an extension to his contract then why not announce it .The longer a deal sits on the table waiting to be signed I always think that it's there for back up ,but they are keeping their options open in case something better comes along :rolleyes:

GordonHFC
13-06-2015, 08:05 AM
I think he is on the wind up.

Borderhibbie76
13-06-2015, 08:09 AM
Who knows ,but if all the speculation is true he has signed an extension to his contract then why not announce it .The longer a deal sits on the table waiting to be signed I always think that it's there for back up ,but they are keeping their options open in case something better comes along :rolleyes:

According to The Cat it was signed weeks ago...good enough for me he is rarely wrong with his info :)

ElginHibbie
13-06-2015, 08:49 AM
Keith doesn't like playing on artificial pitches, always gets an injury from it. hibs know this and try rest him for these games

My point being that is Gray/Forster got injured on artificial surface we would have Watson as back up, would not be playing him before those 2 anyway

Danderhall Hibs
13-06-2015, 09:02 AM
According to The Cat it was signed weeks ago...good enough for me he is rarely wrong with his info :)

Have you got any examples? I'll raise you Kenny Miller.

Col2
13-06-2015, 09:06 AM

TC never said Kenny Miller had signed, he said we were very interested and so was the player. In jumped The Rangers......

Heisenberg
13-06-2015, 09:32 AM
Not that I'm in the know but maybe Fontaine has done the signing/club website pictures etc already this week and he's now away home for a few days. We can then release it when we want? I'm sure someone said Stevenson was away on holiday when we announced his new deal.

Ronniekirk
13-06-2015, 09:34 AM
Why not just announce it then ,as sure it would boost morale and maybe shift some season tickets in the process .not saying he isn't right as tend to agree he is often more right than wrong .

bigwheel
13-06-2015, 09:37 AM
Why not just announce it then ,as sure it would boost morale and maybe shift some season tickets in the process .not saying he isn't right as tend to agree he is often more right than wrong .

if you do all announcements too quickly you motivate people for a few weeks then they have nothing new to get excited about

snedzuk
13-06-2015, 09:38 AM
A strange tweet from

or it could mean thats us flying back from our holidays!

NadeAteMyLunch!
13-06-2015, 09:44 AM

Great news if true. Think it makes absolutely no sense to delay the news though. Surely we'd be better to get the season ticket boost now?? Fair enough delay the news for a day or two but delaying it for weeks would be mad.

H18S NX
13-06-2015, 09:46 AM
or it could mean thats us flying back from our holidays!....He came back from his holidays (Las Vegas) 10 days ago.

Danderhall Hibs
13-06-2015, 10:00 AM
TC never said Kenny Miller had signed, he said we were very interested and so was the player. In jumped The Rangers......

:agree: you've got to be clever in how you word your ITK stuff so it can't bite you later.

Eyrie
13-06-2015, 10:01 AM

We do need another CH so this would make sense given he can also cover RB. However he'd be fourth choice for me, and would need a decent winger ahead of him if Gray is unavailable.

Aldo
13-06-2015, 10:06 AM

I'd say morale is pretty High Ronnie. We don't want all announcements in one go. Yeah it's kinda frustrating but that's the fun if it IMHO. In saying that if you had told me that we had made as many signings as we have at the beginning of June I probably would of laughed! I have faith in Stubbs to bring in and sign the right players. Bit of patience!! All good things come to those who wait. Confident we will see the right quality and calibre of player in the coming weeks.

Ronster117
13-06-2015, 10:14 AM
:top marks
I'd say morale is pretty High Ronnie. We don't want all announcements in one go. Yeah it's kinda frustrating but that's the fun if it IMHO. In saying that if you had told me that we had made as many signings as we have at the beginning of June I probably would of laughed! I have faith in Stubbs to bring in and sign the right players. Bit of patience!! All good things come to those who wait. Confident we will see the right quality and calibre of player in the coming weeks.

Ronniekirk
13-06-2015, 10:24 AM
Patience is a virtue and probably not one of strengths But agree signings so far in comparison to previous years is positive :agree:

Brightside
13-06-2015, 10:24 AM

people on holiday...waiting till they are back...and to launch the purple away kit.

Aldo
13-06-2015, 10:25 AM
Patience is a virtue and probably not one of strengths But agree signings so far in comparison to previous years is positive :agree:

;-)

The Leith Dutch
13-06-2015, 10:49 AM
We do need another CH so this would make sense given he can also cover RB. However he'd be fourth choice for me, and would need a decent winger ahead of him if Gray is unavailable.

The RB cover is actually one of the reasons I'm less than keen on Watson.
I thought he was pretty poor in that position on the (admittedly few) times I saw him there.
Looked to have very little belief going forward and I think attacking qualities in the full back area is a major part of Stubbs Plan A.

I actually don't mind Forster as the RB cover - not great going forward but he always looks like he'll give it a go :)

I do reckon you're spot on that we'll probably be looking at someone who can cover two positions - possibly interesting to get someone who could switch from Defensive Midfield to Centre Back rather than full back cover?

Stuarty27
13-06-2015, 11:02 AM
Is Hanlon out of contract?

matty_f
13-06-2015, 11:08 AM
Is Hanlon out of contract?

No, I think he still has a year or two to go, thankfully.

Hfc_Since1875
13-06-2015, 11:13 AM

Pretty sure it was thecat who told us about Fontaine signing this time last year!

Hank Schrader
13-06-2015, 11:19 AM
Pretty sure it was thecat who told us about Fontaine signing this time last year!

It was. :agree:

Stuarty27
13-06-2015, 11:24 AM
Was looking on our squad list and Djede Djede is still listed.

Has his transfer been confirmed!?

Unseen work
13-06-2015, 11:26 AM
If I remember rightly, there was speculation about the boy Quinn coming to us in January and people turned there nose up at that idea, especially when it turned out he signed for Ross county.

How many of use would take him now that the sheep have signed him?

Thecat23
13-06-2015, 11:26 AM
Great news if true. Think it makes absolutely no sense to delay the news though. Surely we'd be better to get the season ticket boost now?? Fair enough delay the news for a day or two but delaying it for weeks would be mad.

You would be surprised at the amount of teams that hold back signings to boost their sales! Hibs would have got an initial rush after Keating's and Carmichael. No doubt it will slow again and when this is announced it will be another boost!

I said couple weeks ago that I thought it may be announced when the away strip comes out to help sell that. Either way it's all about making as much cash as possible for the club.

Danderhall Hibs
13-06-2015, 12:00 PM
It was. :agree:

I think it was the Facebook page?

jdships
13-06-2015, 12:06 PM
If I remember rightly, there was speculation about the boy Quinn coming to us in January and people turned there nose up at that idea, especially when it turned out he signed for Ross county.

How many of use would take him now that the sheep have signed him?

The story from my pals at Ross County was he never considered Hibs as he wanted "Premier League" football .
His move to the "Dons" is simply about money :greengrin

Beefster
13-06-2015, 01:23 PM
:agree: you've got to be clever in how you word your ITK stuff so it can't bite you later.

Not always. Scoops and Brooster are among the few who never caveat the **** out of their info.

Thecat23
13-06-2015, 01:23 PM
I think it was the Facebook page?

There was no mention of Liam Fontaine anywhere when I posted on Hibs.net last year! Wasn't even in the press.

Thecat23
13-06-2015, 01:24 PM
Not always. Scoops and Brooster are among the few who never caveat the **** out of their info.

Ronaldo as well. He posts good info!

worcesterhibby
13-06-2015, 01:36 PM
The complete opposite in the dressing room last season exactly, well respected with all the players and only he and Craig stood up to the Butcher regime.

Spoke to him in the club shop during the Griffiths / Thomson strip signing. Came across as very humble and loved being back at hibs. Asked him if the rumor was true that he was playing for free he said " Yes its true, I want to repay the club that started my career, i am happy to be playing every week and enjoying my football again" Came across as anything buy Billy Big Time.

More than happy to admit (as I did in my original post) that I have never met him and only based my judgement on his attitude on the field - harassing off refs and ability to spit the dummy and get booked all too easily. Kevin may be a lovely humble guy..but I still think it would be a retrograde step to sign him again - If Alan Stubbs disagrees with me, then I will of course back him all the way.

Brooster
13-06-2015, 01:45 PM

Awwww thanks Beefster.

Thecat23
13-06-2015, 01:47 PM
Awwww thanks Beefster.

Get a room 😁

ronaldo7
13-06-2015, 01:57 PM
Ronaldo as well. He posts good info!

:aok:

nellio
13-06-2015, 02:36 PM
Quinn was at Cardiff for a few seasons, did a decent job. Would have been happy to see him here.

Danderhall Hibs
13-06-2015, 02:57 PM
There was no mention of Liam Fontaine anywhere when I posted on Hibs.net last year! Wasn't even in the press.

I'm sure I saw it elsewhere.

Danderhall Hibs
13-06-2015, 02:58 PM

Fair point.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-06-2015, 03:07 PM
In TheCat23 I trust.

Thecat23
13-06-2015, 03:54 PM
I'm sure I saw it elsewhere.

It wasn't on Andy's page before I posted. If you have read it on another one then fair enough, but I was told from an agent that day and posted it.

Most of my info comes from agents, I get some from players too. Sometimes deals fall through but that's football. Other times they get over the line! Either way I just like to post what I hear.

hibees 7062
13-06-2015, 07:13 PM
Was looking on our squad list and Djede Djede is still listed.

Has his transfer been confirmed!?

Evening News

Hibs continue to shape their squad for the new season after out-of-favour striker Franck Dja Djedje terminated his contract and signed for Qatari side Al Shahaniya.

IanM
14-06-2015, 03:28 PM
@Kenny_Crawford: Hibernian will sign Martin Boyle now that his contract at Dundee has expired. The 22-year-old forward is to sign a 2-year deal.

Think we all new this but always nice to hear

Diclonius
14-06-2015, 03:39 PM
@Kenny_Crawford: Hibernian will sign Martin Boyle now that his contract at Dundee has expired. The 22-year-old forward is to sign a 2-year deal.

Think we all new this but always nice to hear

Good news.

high bee
14-06-2015, 04:04 PM
Some Dundee fans unhappy that they are becoming a haven for Hibs cast offs.

They are sure that Sam will be unveiled for them tomorrow and that they approached Hibs about Handling.

BT58
14-06-2015, 04:06 PM
The new Rangers fans on FB are seemingly creaming their selves with the news
that Warburtons first signing is going to be Scotty Allan,
[ seemingly they believe in DK `s fairy tales of spending big cash to get promotion]:na na::na na::na na:

magpie1892
14-06-2015, 04:19 PM
[ seemingly they believe in DK `s fairy tales of spending big cash to get promotion]:na na::na na::na na:

Rangers are skint and under attack from Ashley.

It's the bargain bucket for the eight players they need.

dmc1875
14-06-2015, 04:29 PM

Yup they are deluded. Ashley is doing all he can to get his £5m back and until the outcome of that is sorted Rangers don't have a penny to spend, nor will they after it.

staunchhibby
14-06-2015, 04:32 PM
Sam will not be unveiled tomorrow as he is still on holiday

Billychaotic182
14-06-2015, 04:33 PM
Be sad to see Sammy go

Heisenberg
14-06-2015, 04:36 PM
There is no chance those in charge would sell Allan to Rangers. They are trying to win the fans back not turn them away again.

3pm
14-06-2015, 04:37 PM
There is no chance those in charge would sell Allan to Rangers. They are trying to win the fans back not turn them away again.

I am not so sure!

bingo70
14-06-2015, 04:37 PM

If Allan makes noises about wanting to join them and they offer a decent amount of money I think we all know how it'll pan out.

Heisenberg
14-06-2015, 04:41 PM
If they had gone up i'd have been a bit more worried but with them being our main rivals this season i can't see it happening.

Prof. Shaggy
14-06-2015, 04:48 PM
If Allan makes noises about wanting to join them and they offer a decent amount of money I think we all know how it'll pan out.

Did you read this part over before you posted?

bingo70
14-06-2015, 04:56 PM
Did you read this part over before you posted?

I don't think Warburton will have gone there without assurances of having money to spend.

Bostonhibby
14-06-2015, 05:01 PM
I don't think Warburton will have gone there without assurances of having money to spend.

:agree: Its not as if King would mislead anyone over money, or be reluctant to hand it over.:greengrin

green.and.white
14-06-2015, 05:06 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33128308?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Andy74
14-06-2015, 05:21 PM
I am not so sure!

No chance at all.

bingo70
14-06-2015, 05:25 PM
No chance at all.

Not like you to be so naive Andy ;-)

If rangers are in the background offering him a significant pay rise and he decides he wants to go I think everyone knows how that particular story pans out.

matty_f
14-06-2015, 05:29 PM
If everyone that wants Scott Allan to stay buys a season ticket, we can keep him no bother.

GreenArmyyy!
14-06-2015, 05:29 PM
Excellent news keeping Boyle!

Steve20
14-06-2015, 05:30 PM
If everyone that wants Scott Allan to stay buys a season ticket, we can keep him no bother.

We'll keep him anyway. If we sell him, we'd be as well admitting we don't care about promotion.

brog
14-06-2015, 05:30 PM

I doubt Warburton will be over familiar with Scott Allan & he's unlikely to go chasing his first signing based on someone else's recommendation. I would expect him to be active in the English market & loans but it's going to take him a bit time to get up to speed.

matty_f
14-06-2015, 05:33 PM
We'll keep him anyway. If we sell him, we'd be as well admitting we don't care about promotion.

I think we'll keep him as well, have said that since the rumours started. However we can make sure. The fans can be ambitious as well. If we shift lots of season tickets we make the decision easy for the board.

hibees 7062
14-06-2015, 05:37 PM

:agree: Exactly