PDA

View Full Version : Hibs transfer thread (Last Day Update - Anier / Feruz (both loan) in, None out)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28

Andy74
29-08-2015, 07:40 AM
Hopefully stubbs can produce a bit of before the window shuts.

A striker - tall, physical, powerhouse type
Left winger - pace and chips in with goals
Left back - can support the attack well but most importantly is solid.

Are all positions we could do with strengthening.

Carmichael is a good player but for me he is a right winger. If it was me I would swap him and Boyle. Carmichael is more likely to swing in an early ball if it's on his right. Boyle regardless of where he plays will use his pace and most likely cut it back for the striker, don't think it would bother him what side he is on. Also Boyle on the left would be better for him cutting in from the left to score with his right.

I think he has said one striker then that's us done.

AlbertK86
29-08-2015, 07:55 AM
http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-happy-to-rely-on-durable-little-louey-1-3872038

Not looking for a left back going by this

J-C
29-08-2015, 07:59 AM
http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-happy-to-rely-on-durable-little-louey-1-3872038

Love it when he said Louey is a durable little sod :greengrin

JimBHibees
29-08-2015, 08:25 AM
Love it when he said Louey is a durable little sod :greengrin

Quite surprised to be honest though still wouldn't rule out one coming in.

Greenworld
29-08-2015, 08:31 AM
Quite surprised to be honest though still wouldn't rule out one coming in.
Have to say I think we have more than enough options in defence and midfield. I am desperatley hoping we get a striker in with experience.
That would make the biggest difference and help Jason C .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Big_Franck
29-08-2015, 08:37 AM

Quite disappointed by that to be honest. Left back would have been one of the first areas i'd have strengthened in the summer.

The idea of hanlon trying to play left back again, or even worse Fontaine out there, is not something i'd look forward to.

Greenworld
29-08-2015, 08:41 AM
Quite disappointed by that to be honest. Left back would have been one of the first areas i'd have strengthened in the summer.

The idea of hanlon trying to play left back again, or even worse Fontaine out there, is not something i'd look forward to.
He has done it before and very well. On loan to st Johnstone a few years back right enough, he was getting great reviews

bigwheel
29-08-2015, 08:47 AM
He has done it before and very well. On loan to st Johnstone a few years back right enough, he was getting great reviews

he only played 2 games for them...

Greenworld
29-08-2015, 08:55 AM
he only played 2 games for them...
Played 3 on a month long loan....

bigwheel
29-08-2015, 08:58 AM
Played 3 on a month long loan....

says 2 on wiki, but anyway, he's played more games at LB for Hibs coming through....never looked that comfortable when he was out there for a game or two in recent seasons, anyway - might take him few games to adjust.

I wonder if anyone who knows Paul knows his views on LB v CH..I always senses he was more comfortable as a CH.

PeterboroHibee
29-08-2015, 09:00 AM

Its strange comments from Stubbs. I like Stevenson but he just hasnt been performing recently. We really need competition for LB, and that definintely doesnt come from the CBs. They may be able to cover, but what we need is quality attacking play from our full backs.

JimBHibees
29-08-2015, 09:01 AM

I am guessing they are in for someone and this is part of a negotiating ploy bigging up the options we have in this position. We have already had a player on trial recently.

Greenworld
29-08-2015, 09:08 AM
says 2 on wiki, but anyway, he's played more games at LB for Hibs coming through....never looked that comfortable when he was out there for a game or two in recent seasons, anyway - might take him few games to adjust.

I wonder if anyone who knows Paul knows his views on LB v CH..I always senses he was more comfortable as a CH.
Ah 2 league 1 cup anyhow does not matter.
His preference has always been midfield .

bigwheel
29-08-2015, 09:14 AM

is that for real? He would prefer to play midfield...even now ?

JimBHibees
29-08-2015, 09:17 AM

Wouldn't have thought so.

Greenworld
29-08-2015, 09:24 AM
Thats where he played as a kid and was very good so no surprise.
My personal opinion is we are missing a trick I think he would be very good in there now.
He certainly looked good for opening part of the rangers game at easter road.. he reads the game very well.
All about opinions though [emoji3]

AlbertK86
29-08-2015, 10:27 AM
Thats where he played as a kid and was very good so no surprise. My personal opinion is we are missing a trick I think he would be very good in there now. He certainly looked good for opening part of the rangers game at easter road.. he reads the game very well. All about opinions though [emoji3] Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Agree he looked very good in the opening 25 mins sweeping in front of the CHs

His confidence took a dent after his naive challenge that led to the goal

He is much better when he doesn't have to do the marking

Don't think we would often need to play 2 holding mid but perhaps against Aberdeen or sevconians him and Bartley holding would be a good balance

Would allow the likes of McGeough, Henderson, Fyvie, Boyle or McGinn to have a real go in an attacking sense

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-08-2015, 10:57 AM
Celtic close to agreeing a deal with ICT for the young lad Ryan Christie.

Unseen work
29-08-2015, 11:18 AM
Weird stubbs saying that, for a first team player to have no compete titian for his place is ridiculous imo.

Put your money on Stevenson getting injured today.

Onion
29-08-2015, 11:23 AM

That'll make all the difference in their future pursuit of Champions League group stages :aok: And is nothing to do with hoovering up young talent from other Scottish clubs just because they can :aok:

Onion
29-08-2015, 11:27 AM

No problem with this, as we're not winning/losing matches because of LS. AS needs to focus all his energy/resources in finding someone who can score/create goals.

500miles
29-08-2015, 11:27 AM

You'd have made replacing the best left back in the league last year the first priority?

Odd priorities.

StarMan10
29-08-2015, 11:34 AM
No problem with this, as we're not winning/losing matches because of LS. AS needs to focus all his energy/resources in finding someone who can score/create goals.

I get what you are saying with this, however the amount of times Lewis wastes a crossing oppurtunity by hitting the first man is getting painful!

Gmack7
29-08-2015, 11:58 AM
You'd have made replacing the best left back in the league last year the first priority?

Odd priorities.

The best left back in the league is stretching it a bit

CallumLaidlaw
29-08-2015, 11:58 AM
The best left back in the league is stretching it a bit

He was the left back in the championship team of the season

Gmack7
29-08-2015, 12:03 PM
He was the left back in the championship team of the season

And Carol vorderman once got voted rear of the year, while it was decent there was definitely better

bigwheel
29-08-2015, 12:05 PM
And Carol vorderman once got voted rear of the year, while it was decent there was definitely better

name them! :wink:

supershotmo
29-08-2015, 12:07 PM
name them! :wink:

Iain Wright

Pretty Boy
29-08-2015, 12:13 PM

Is he related to Charlie Christie?

Anyway in Hibs new Conor Duthie has joined Spartans on loan until January.

Brightside
29-08-2015, 12:13 PM

He wanted to be a midfielder as a boy... but as of now his ideal is in the middle of a three.

Billy Whizz
29-08-2015, 12:14 PM

Son of

HoboHarry
29-08-2015, 12:15 PM

His son. Hope he doesn't get homesick like his dad did.

J-C
29-08-2015, 03:06 PM
He wanted to be a midfielder as a boy... but as of now his ideal is in the middle of a three.

He was a midfielder as a lad, not wanted to be, a very good attacking one by all accounts. He was tried out at LB before finally being turned into a CH, good reader of the game but his concentration is a bit suspect.

CRAZYHIBBY
29-08-2015, 04:10 PM
Hibs twitter saying stevie may not coming. ...apparantly dempster had refused to pay a 200k loan fee.......no idea if hibs twitter is a lot of keek or not

AlbertK86
29-08-2015, 04:13 PM
Hibs twitter saying stevie may not coming. ...apparantly dempster had refused to pay a 200k loan fee.......no idea if hibs twitter is a lot of keek or not

And quite right Ms Dempster if this is true

200k for a loan GIRFUY

THAT MONEY CAN BE SPENT WISELY ELSEWHERE

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-08-2015, 04:16 PM

Yeah it was reported from someone on Clyde super scoreboard.

Unseen work
29-08-2015, 04:18 PM
And quite right Ms Dempster if this is true

200k for a loan GIRFUY

THAT MONEY CAN BE SPENT WISELY ELSEWHERE

He is the sort of player we are missing though. And could be the guy to get us promoted. 200m all of a sudden doesn't look too bad if we got promoted

Not sure what other player of that quality we could get for that price

Edit: jesus. Meant 200k not 200m hahah

SouthMoroccoStu
29-08-2015, 04:18 PM

Cheeky beggers!

£200k for a loan?!?

A pint of what they're on

Rules the Huns out though

Ggtth

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-08-2015, 04:30 PM
Cheeky beggers!

£200k for a loan?!?

A pint of what they're on

Rules the Huns out though

Ggtth

Celtic want 300k for Stokes on loan for anyone that will pay it but are pushing to try and sell him for 1M.

Jim44
29-08-2015, 04:34 PM
Is paying a loan fee quite common? I can't say I've come across it before. I've heard of the receiving club paying some of the wages but that's about it.

DH1875
29-08-2015, 05:20 PM
Is paying a loan fee quite common? I can't say I've come across it before. I've heard of the receiving club paying some of the wages but that's about it.

I think its quite common. Pretty sure Utd paid somewhere in the region of £6 million to loan Falcao last season.

Billy Whizz
29-08-2015, 05:24 PM

Can't see this on our Twitter account?

Onceinawhile
29-08-2015, 09:15 PM
Can't see this on our Twitter account?

It's not the official twitter that's put it up. The official one doesn't comment on speculation.

hibees 7062
29-08-2015, 09:50 PM
Kenny Millar (http://www.hibs.net/Kenny_Millar?p=s)
@Kenny_Millar (http://www.hibs.net/Kenny_Millar?p=s)

At least one striker, potentially two - not including Insall

Golden Bear
29-08-2015, 10:02 PM
I wonder if Sir Tom has provided some funding from his personal resources? We seem to be doing very well in the transfer market recently.

Greencore
29-08-2015, 10:04 PM
I wonder if Sir Tom has provided some funding from his personal resources? We seem to be doing very well in the transfer market recently.

Not complaining at all but how can we afford all these signings?

Peevemor
29-08-2015, 10:22 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if the board are treating promotion as a certainty (through league reconstruction) and are building a squad to hit the ground running next season.

Ronniekirk
29-08-2015, 10:23 PM
[QUOTE=Greencore;4455137]Not complaining at all but how can we afford all these signings?[

if we are looking to bring in two strikers separate from Insall then one Striker must be leaving you would think and possibly Stubbs is concerned if Farid can get fully fit and last season and doesn't want to take that risk .
We can't have shifted that many more shares and direct debits that it could fund two additional Strikers you wouldn't think .

bingo70
29-08-2015, 10:25 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if the board are treating promotion as a certainty (through league reconstruction) and are building a squad to hit the ground running next season.

I agree abd also think that's part of the logic behind extending Stubbs contract so early.

truehibernian
29-08-2015, 10:26 PM
[QUOTE=Greencore;4455137]Not complaining at all but how can we afford all these signings?[

if we are looking to bring in two strikers separate from Insall then one Striker must be leaving you would think and possibly Stubbs is concerned if Farid can get fully fit and last season and doesn't want to take that risk .
We can't have shifted that many more shares and direct debits that it could fund two addiction all Strikers you wouldn't think .

Maybe one of them coming in isn't overly concerned about money :cb:wink:

hibee-boys
29-08-2015, 10:33 PM
[QUOTE=Ronniekirk;4455154]

.....you got some inside info?

Ronniekirk
29-08-2015, 10:34 PM

I am intrigued :rolleyes: have you anyone in mind

Onceinawhile
29-08-2015, 10:38 PM

O Connor and riordan ride again!

Mibbes Aye
29-08-2015, 10:39 PM

:agree:

Thought had crossed my mind, especially in relation to tactics and system. Encourage an approach that the manager thinks will work in the SPL - should be enough to get us where we need to, this year, and has us better-prepared for the top-flight - looking at it positively, it's clever forward planning.

Petrie is involved at a senior level in the administration of the Scottish game. Does anyone think Hibs won't be well aware and planning on the basis of any reconstruction?

truehibernian
29-08-2015, 10:42 PM
[QUOTE=truehibernian;4455158]

O Connor and riordan ride again!

....nothing wrong with going down the sentimental train of thought :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
29-08-2015, 10:44 PM

Thought had crossed my mind, especially in relation to tactics and system. Encourage an approach that the manager thinks will work in the SPL - should be enough to get us where we need to, this year, and has us better-prepared for the top-flight - looking at it positively, it's clever forward planning.

Petrie is involved at a senior level in the administration of the Scottish game. Does anyone think Hibs won't be well aware and planning on the basis of any reconstruction?

I have to admit I've been thinking along these lines since we signed John McGinn. Would make perfect sense. Especially regarding selling the club to these players.

West hamBERNIAN
29-08-2015, 11:00 PM
Celtic want 300k for Stokes on loan for anyone that will pay it but are pushing to try and sell him for 1M.

Surely not, they paid 1M for him when he had age on his side. English teams don't seem to take an interest in players who haven't cut there first time round so I'd be surprised if they got the loan fee for permanent sale. I'd definitely take him at hibs again to be fair but only if the price was right.

hibees 7062
29-08-2015, 11:09 PM

Maybe loan players

West hamBERNIAN
29-08-2015, 11:22 PM
Maybe loan players

Insalls a free transfer apparently, quite often teams offer players on a free at end of Windows to get off wage bills I'd imagine. :confused:

hibees 7062
30-08-2015, 12:47 AM
Insalls a free transfer apparently, quite often teams offer players on a free at end of Windows to get off wage bills I'd imagine. :confused:

We're talking about another 2 strikers aswell as him

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-08-2015, 12:56 AM

Yep - plus Insall will be a development player.

SteveHFC
30-08-2015, 01:07 AM
Maybe loan players

May and Falcao :hyper

hibee92
30-08-2015, 01:15 AM
Yep - plus Insall will be a development player.

No he won't. He's 22.

scoopyboy
30-08-2015, 05:56 AM
No he won't. He's 22.

I think the intention is to play him with the Development team until he is up to speed.

Thecat23
30-08-2015, 07:16 AM
I think the intention is to play him with the Development team until he is up to speed.

Correct Scoops. He won't be going into the first team and will play with development first.

KeithTheHibby
30-08-2015, 08:53 AM

I think there is validity in your point however how would league reconstruction work?

To increase to a 16 team league I would imagine relegation from the top league would be scrapped leaving 4 coming up from the championship?

Ringothedog
30-08-2015, 09:23 AM

We have released/loaned/sold 8 players and brought in 9,the wages will probably be around the same. So hardly overspending.

Greenworld
30-08-2015, 09:29 AM
Does anyone know anything factual about when this is discussed is there a set meeting time?

GreenArmyyy!
30-08-2015, 09:54 AM

I'm sorry but we don't need another two strikers and how are we affording this?

Greenworld
30-08-2015, 10:08 AM
Its refreshing that we are spending I dont care where yhe money comes from we deffinatley need another one

Pretty Boy
30-08-2015, 10:12 AM

The reduced debt repayments and added income from both HSL and individual share purchases?

In all the fuss when this was launched, much of it based on twisted agendas, the point seems to have been lost that any money raised here would be spent on the football operation and the restructured debt would make our financial position more stable.

PeterboroHibee
30-08-2015, 10:27 AM

I can see one of our current strikers leaving for the main player we are looking at, and Im sure its been stated that the other striker (Insall) will start off in the development squad. I dont really see it being an issue of money if we are just replacing a wage (or why the fans are particularly worried about it?).

West hamBERNIAN
30-08-2015, 10:31 AM

Yeah I meant that it was already rumoured he was free plus I wouldn't be surprised if we were to bring in another player who'd be made available on a free. Wouldn't be suprised to see us offer money plus large sell on percentage to pars for faissel though. All just a hunch though.

Greenworld
30-08-2015, 10:33 AM
Yeah I meant that it was already rumoured he was free plus I wouldn't be surprised if we were to bring in another player who'd be made available on a free. Wouldn't be suprised to see us offer money plus large sell on percentage to pars for faissel though. All just a hunch though.
Any idea who these players are ?

Keith_M
30-08-2015, 10:38 AM
.....how are we affording this?

Hibs have moved on a number of players, meaning their salaries can be used for incoming players instead

Hibs made a profit in the transfer of Scott Allan (McGeouch plus unspecified sum)

Extra income from HSL

250k for 2nd season parachute payment

Butcher is no longer sponging a wage off Hibs

West hamBERNIAN
30-08-2015, 10:45 AM

Not got a clue mate, same thing happens every year, clubs holding on to players until last minute hoping to get a fee or use as part of a deal, when nobody has come in for them clubs just want players of wage bill. Seems that way anyway.

Greenworld
30-08-2015, 10:48 AM
Cheets

Unseen work
If it is another 2 strikers I can see it being an out and out goalscorer, not necessarily a big guy, as long as the ball is in the net and quite a big name. Second would be a experienced guy to bully defences such as John daly who isn't spectacular but will do a job for the team and score scrappy goals.

If we were to get 1 striker capable of doing the physical side and the goal scoring side I think the other "forward" will be a Martin Boyle type who is quick and direct.

Unfortunately I can see malonga leaving, a shame as I think he is very underrated and scored alot of goals for us last year considering he was at the Africa cup of nations. Also think we are running out of patience with farid

West hamBERNIAN

That being said, Celtic look like they might have a busy couple of days if Virgil moves on, maybe they'll make a few available :confused:

Greenworld
30-08-2015, 10:49 AM
Cheets

Cheers I meant

Not got a clue mate, same thing happens every year, clubs holding on to players until last minute hoping to get a fee or use as part of a deal, when nobody has come in for them clubs just want players of wage bill. Seems that way anyway.

E10 Rifle
30-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Apparently Daly was interested in coming to us - so whatever the reasons behind him not ending up at ER I reckon it points to the type of striker we're looking at i.e. target man

West hamBERNIAN
30-08-2015, 10:56 AM
Cheers I meant

👍

Billy Whizz
30-08-2015, 11:00 AM
I'm hoping we tie up our business tomorrow, Stubbs said on Hibs TV that he would like to conclude our business before transfer deadline day

West hamBERNIAN
30-08-2015, 11:15 AM
I'm hoping we tie up our business tomorrow, Stubbs said on Hibs TV that he would like to conclude our business before transfer deadline day

Maybe hoping to sit indoors eating random snacks watching the madness unfold lol be surprised if we do nothing on deadline day, maybe just announce signings on deadline day.

Iceman1875
30-08-2015, 11:36 AM
Stanton out on loan and a striker coming in would do me, anything else would be a bonus.

At Easter Road we play...

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-08-2015, 12:11 PM
Michael Higdon?

bigwheel
30-08-2015, 12:34 PM
Michael Higdon?

I've never seen a centre forward dominate a centre half in the way that Higdon did on McPake 2-3 seasons ago ...it was like a man against a boy - anyone else recall that ?

erin go bragh
30-08-2015, 12:42 PM
Michael Higdon?

Some poster said he had been offered to Hibs . Hibs declined . ( but they also said Hibs weren't interested in JD ) He was the SPL top scorer a couple of seasons ago with Well . he certainly fits the bill of a big target man .

GGTTH

IanM
30-08-2015, 01:42 PM
@HibsFansNews: Rumour. Kenny miller on his way back according to sources. Rangers want to offload him before Tues and Stubbs wants an experienced striker

😂😂

Beefster
30-08-2015, 01:45 PM
@HibsFansNews: Rumour. Kenny miller on his way back according to sources. Rangers want to offload him before Tues and Stubbs wants an experienced striker



Lifted straight from here as usual.

Baldy Foghorn
30-08-2015, 01:46 PM



Straight from PM board ????

hibs supporter
30-08-2015, 01:47 PM

😂😂

That hibs fans news seems like they make up all their transfer rumours

Billychaotic182
30-08-2015, 01:54 PM
Kenny Miller? Rather resign Tam McManus or Riordan 😆

StevieBoyKdy
30-08-2015, 01:58 PM
Looked at shef Utd fans views on higdon. Not held in the highest regard is being polite. I'd take him if he was fit and ready to go. Was a proper handful every time I seen him play up here.

NAE NOOKIE
30-08-2015, 02:12 PM



Usually my head rules my heart when it comes to stuff like this ....the good of the team & all that.

But I would rather see ****ingRudi Skacel at ER than that Hun suck up pull on a Hibs shirt again :bitchy:

SunshineOnLeith
30-08-2015, 02:13 PM
That hibs fans news seems like they make up all their transfer rumours

It's almost as if they let just anyone have a Twitter account :rolleyes:

Thecat23
30-08-2015, 02:15 PM
Usually my head rules my heart when it comes to stuff like this ....the good of the team & all that.

But I would rather see ****ingRudi Skacel at ER than that Hun suck up pull on a Hibs shirt again :bitchy:

Taking that too far!!!!!! 😂😂

Golden Bear
30-08-2015, 02:16 PM
Looked at shef Utd fans views on higdon. Not held in the highest regard is being polite. I'd take him if he was fit and ready to go. Was a proper handful every time I seen him play up here.

If Michael Higdon is still the same calibre of player he was at Motherwell then he'd be ideal.

CraigHibee
30-08-2015, 02:23 PM
Kenny Miller? Rather resign Tam McManus or Riordan 😆

Would rather we signed windy miller personally

Smartie
30-08-2015, 02:24 PM
I'd be very surprised at The Rangers being so keen to offload a player who is still starting games for them, irrespective of what any of us think of him.

Thecat23
30-08-2015, 02:28 PM
I'd be very surprised at The Rangers being so keen to offload a player who is still starting games for them, irrespective of what any of us think of him.

I think The Rangers want to bring in another striker maybe Stevie May so they need to offload another!

Jack
30-08-2015, 02:43 PM

He's probably the last player on silly money. As has been said previously if he goes it could free up wages for May and possibly others to go in.

Persevere80
30-08-2015, 02:46 PM
Just read about May wanting to play back in Scotland, preferably the premiership.

Aldo
30-08-2015, 02:58 PM
Just read about May wanting to play back in Scotland, preferably the premiership.

Sheff Wed have bid for Ross McCormack today! Looks like May might be out of his managers plans.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-08-2015, 02:59 PM

Aberdeen, Hearts and Rangers are after him bud. Wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at one of them come the end of the window.

Keith_M
30-08-2015, 03:00 PM
He's probably the last player on silly money. As has been said previously if he goes it could free up wages for May and possibly others to go in.

Which begs the question as to why he'd be willing to leave and go somewhere on lower wages.

A much as it pains most of us to admit, money is 99.9% of the deciding factor in where players go.

bigwheel
30-08-2015, 03:03 PM
Which begs the question as to why he'd be willing to leave and go somewhere on lower wages.

A much as it pains most of us to admit, money is 99.9% of the deciding factor in where players go.

I'm sure he'd think 2 year contract for Hibs, would be a great way for him to end his career - he won't be short of a bob or two I wouldn't think ...

H18S NX
30-08-2015, 03:09 PM
No thanks,not for me,he is a figure of hate every time i see him,sorry.

DH1875
30-08-2015, 03:39 PM
Wouldn't be a summer transfer thread without the Kenny Miller returning rumours :)

Unseen work
30-08-2015, 03:46 PM
Wouldn't be a summer transfer thread without the Kenny Miller returning rumours :)

One day we will have a team with:
Kenny miller
Adam le fondre
Michael Higdon
Danny Swanson

:wink: :greengrin

GreenOnions
30-08-2015, 03:50 PM
Sorry to rain on this parade of indignation but Miller is exactly the type of experienced goalscorer we've needed for some time. He's professional, a good team player, great attitude and puts the ball in the net regularly.

The fact that calderwood, fenlon and butcher all chose to ignore Miller's apparent willingness to consider a move to Easter Road tells me a lot about why they failed here.

GreenOnions
30-08-2015, 03:51 PM
One day we will have a team with:
Kenny miller
Adam le fondre
Michael Higdon
Danny Swanson

:wink: :greengrin

Also Jamie Cureton

.Sean.
30-08-2015, 04:17 PM
Also Jamie Cureton
And Tam Sowunmi's brother Enoch

.Sean.
30-08-2015, 04:18 PM
Also Jamie Cureton
Moritz Volz, anyone? :greengrin

Billychaotic182
30-08-2015, 04:19 PM
And Tam Sowunmi's brother Enoch

And Leigh Griffiths

SaulGoodman
30-08-2015, 04:23 PM
Apparently Liam Millars signed a pre-contract with Hearts

The_Horde
30-08-2015, 04:26 PM
Apparently Liam Millars signed a pre-contract with Hearts

What about Liam Miller?

Matty_Jack04
30-08-2015, 04:35 PM
We could do a lot worse than Kenny Miller I'd take him he'd be great for Cummings and Allan and other young boys looking to break through

Haymaker
30-08-2015, 04:50 PM
And Leigh Griffiths

And Derek Riordan

Unseen work
30-08-2015, 05:11 PM
A disagree that miller Is exactly the type of player we need. He is experienced, works hard and runs the channels well but isn't the type I could see scoring over 20 goals for us.

I would take him plus another but can't see it. He would command a massive wage

McKenzie
30-08-2015, 05:20 PM
Miller can gtf. Definitely not the player we need here. He's no better than JC, keatings and malonga. Would be a wasted wage

Hamish
30-08-2015, 05:26 PM
Miller can gtf. Definitely not the player we need here. He's no better than JC, keatings and malonga. Would be a wasted wage

So your a bit undecided then?

Gmack7
30-08-2015, 05:28 PM
Apart from the GTF bit i agree that he's not really needed

Smartie
30-08-2015, 05:31 PM
If Farid is anywhere fitness and anything like likely to play a part this season then I'm not convinced we need anything else. The 4 strikers we have are class imo. I know Stubbs has said he wants another striker but even as it is we're going to have a lot of good players on the bench and in the stand this season.

Maybe a speedy winger (left-sided?) to allow us to play a 4-5-1/ 4-3-3 comfortably.

bingo70
30-08-2015, 05:36 PM
If Farid is anywhere fitness and anything like likely to play a part this season then I'm not convinced we need anything else. The 4 strikers we have are class imo. I know Stubbs has said he wants another striker but even as it is we're going to have a lot of good players on the bench and in the stand this season.

Maybe a speedy winger (left-sided?) to allow us to play a 4-5-1/ 4-3-3 comfortably.

I agree that's what we need but Stubbs has said it's just s striker we're after so wouldn't go getting your hopes up.

Imo a striker will be leaving before the window closes. We've already got 4, 5 is too many and I think we'll be looking for insall to make an impact after a few months (assuming he signs)

jacomo
30-08-2015, 05:43 PM
Sorry to rain on this parade of indignation but Miller is exactly the type of experienced goalscorer we've needed for some time. He's professional, a good team player, great attitude and puts the ball in the net regularly.

The fact that calderwood, fenlon and butcher all chose to ignore Miller's apparent willingness to consider a move to Easter Road tells me a lot about why they failed here.

I think KM's preference to earn more money elsewhere was the most important factor.

But I would take him back - as you say a proper pro who's still scoring goals in Scotland.

Iceman1875
30-08-2015, 05:48 PM
Miller is not the answer IMO. I'd like to see a target man that Cummings or Keatings could play off. Would be happy to let Malonga go.

Eyrie
30-08-2015, 05:55 PM

I can't see Sevco Huns being willing to deal with Hibs, which would rule out us making a bid for Miller.

However if they wanted him off their wage bill then they could come to an agreement with Miller to pay up the balance of his contract early at a discount. That would then leave him free to sign with whoever he wants as happened with McGregor. If so, then negotiations would already be underway, and it's possible that Miller's agent has alerted Hibs to his availability.

But given that he's started all their games so far I don't see this happening.

HoboHarry
30-08-2015, 05:56 PM
I can't see Sevco Huns being willing to deal with Hibs, which would rule out us making a bid for Miller.

However if they wanted him off their wage bill then they could come to an agreement with Miller to pay up the balance of his contract early at a discount. That would then leave him free to sign with whoever he wants.

It's what happened with McGregor.
And Zaliuseless

jdships
30-08-2015, 06:20 PM
Tuesday is 1st September not 1st April :rolleyes:
What exactly would a 34 year old KM bring to the ER table that isn't here already
"Yesterdays Man"
Lets look forward not backwards :confused:

SquashedFrogg
30-08-2015, 06:25 PM
Miller is not the answer IMO. I'd like to see a target man that Cummings or Keatings could play off. Would be happy to let Malonga go.

Do teams still play with these?

I'm not convinced Miller is a realistic option but I'm sure Cummings/Keatings would learn plenty from him and easily 'play off' him. Watched him in our recent game at ER and he was directing the younger players about him, guiding them.

Wilson
30-08-2015, 06:34 PM
Do teams still play with these?

I've heard plenty of references to 'the modern target man'. Essentially fulfilling the role of the big man up front but expected to be more mobile then the big lumps of before.

Aldo
30-08-2015, 06:40 PM
A disagree that miller Is exactly the type of player we need. He is experienced, works hard and runs the channels well but isn't the type I could see scoring over 20 goals for us. I would take him plus another but can't see it. He would command a massive wage

He's made his dosh and I'm sure wages would not be a problem!

Gerard
30-08-2015, 06:50 PM
If KM can make our team better by scoring more goals and developing our strikers and AS wants him I would welcome him back to the team who made him a footballing success.

Kaiserclem
30-08-2015, 07:02 PM
I have to admit I am getting worried for the future of Farid El Alagui. Rumours flying around that we may possibly sign two strikers. I think there is something strange regarding Farid, he has a small op to 'clear up a little niggle' at the end of last season and hasn't appeared since. Is it worse than anticipated?

I would not not be surprised if we let him out of his contract and sign two strikers, as per the rumours, and get him off the wage bill. I obviously hope Farid features for us fit and healthy for a long time but something has to give in this situation. If we sign two strikers then either he's going or Malonga is away. The next 48 hours are going to be interesting IMO.

Alex Trager
30-08-2015, 07:06 PM
I have to admit I am getting worried for the future of Farid El Alagui. Rumours flying around that we may possibly sign two strikers. I think there is something strange regarding Farid, he has a small op to 'clear up a little niggle' at the end of last season and hasn't appeared since. Is it worse than anticipated?

I would not not be surprised if we let him out of his contract and sign two strikers, as per the rumours, and get him off the wage bill. I obviously hope Farid features for us fit and healthy for a long time but something has to give in this situation. If we sign two strikers then either he's going or Malonga is away. The next 48 hours are going to be interesting IMO.

I know I'd personally prefer KingDom to stay

weonlywon6-2
30-08-2015, 07:16 PM
Don't really want Miller at Hibs, not what we need
as for Farid, the club must be close to cutting the ties if he isn't fit soon

SquashedFrogg
30-08-2015, 07:16 PM
I've heard plenty of references to 'the modern target man'. Essentially fulfilling the role of the big man up front but expected to be more mobile then the big lumps of before.

Not doubting you but I can honestly say I've never heard the term 'the modern target man' until now.

So essentially a mobile striker who scores goals?

Michael
30-08-2015, 07:26 PM
I don't like all this Miller talk. He's well past it and is a bit of a tit. Plus, he seems to be slowly tuning into Jimmy Calderwood.

SquashedFrogg
30-08-2015, 07:30 PM

Curious as to why you wouldn't have him back at Hibs?

I'd take him in a heart beat. Scores goals and is an experienced player who would help guide our young team.

Aldo
30-08-2015, 07:31 PM
I don't like all this Miller talk. He's well past it and is a bit of a tit. Plus, he seems to be slowly tuning into Jimmy Calderwood.

Would disagree he's past it.

Wheat Hound
30-08-2015, 07:32 PM
I trust Stubbs so whoever he signs has my backing

SouthMoroccoStu
30-08-2015, 07:35 PM
I trust Stubbs so whoever he signs has my backing

Agreed

Stubbs hasn't made a bad signing yet

Heisenberg
30-08-2015, 07:36 PM
Wonder if Stubbs will ruin transfer deadline day and get a signing in tomorrow? Can't beat a good bit of last minute deadline day action, even if it usually ends up with the likes of Roy O'Donovan :greengrin

SquashedFrogg
30-08-2015, 07:37 PM

I'm so glad you backed up your thoughts with constructive logic. And here was me thinking about his scoring record and footballing attributes.

whiskyhibby
30-08-2015, 07:38 PM
Likewise the same if Stubbs wants him and thinks he adds something then that's good enough for me. There are some players who could never be accepted, even if Stubbs brought them in, such as Ian Black, but for me KM doesn't come into that category

ancient hibee

Speedy left winger?Is Sproule on a motor bike around still?

The_Horde

Hes scored more than any of our strikers this season..

Golden Bear
30-08-2015, 07:40 PM
The one thing that you do know about Kenny Miller is that he is a very good professional who would not let the club down. However in my opinion this is all one big wind up so there's no need for anyone to get their knickers in a twist.

Beefster
30-08-2015, 07:43 PM
Tuesday is 1st September not 1st April :rolleyes:
What exactly would a 34 year old KM bring to the ER table that isn't here already
"Yesterdays Man"
Lets look forward not backwards :confused:

It's worse than you think. He's 36 this year.

CRAZYHIBBY
30-08-2015, 07:47 PM
This is getting stupid now. ....we are not interested in Kenny miller

SquashedFrogg
30-08-2015, 07:51 PM

Regardless if this is simply conjecture, why would that make a difference? Looks as fit as ever and stills knows where the net is. Added to the fact we lack experience in and around the team, I honestly can't see a single reason (if he was available and we could get him) how he would not improve us.

cam75
30-08-2015, 07:53 PM
Cant see it happening,did AS and KM play in the same celtic team?
GGTTH

bingo70
30-08-2015, 07:53 PM
This is getting stupid now. ....we are not interested in Kenny miller

Correct.

I'm thankful to the cat for passing on what he's heard but there's absolutely no way in this world he's signing.

I can't believe the amount of debate it's generated when it's clearly a non starter.

HoboHarry
30-08-2015, 07:55 PM
Regardless if this is simply conjecture, why would that make a difference? Looks as fit as ever and stills knows where the net is. Added to the fact we lack experience in and around the team, I honestly can't see a single reason (if he was available and we could get him) how he would not improve us.
Anything we would pay Kenny Miller is lost wages with no chance of a return on it. We have signed McGinn and McGeoch on contracts that will allow us to cash in on them if the opportunity was to present itself as it did with SA. We should not go down the path of signing 34 year olds.

The Leith Dutch
30-08-2015, 07:57 PM
but isn't the type I could see scoring over 20 goals for us.....He would command a massive wage

The above two points are key.

We have 4 strikers right now anyone of who I think could hit 20 for us in this league (if fit for a full season).
Miller would probably want a higher wage than any of them and I don't think he'd hit 20.

PatHead
30-08-2015, 07:58 PM

Spoke to Farid after the game yesterday, says he is back in training this week.

Wilson
30-08-2015, 08:01 PM
Not doubting you but I can honestly say I've never heard the term 'the modern target man' until now.

So essentially a mobile striker who scores goals?

More athletic than just 'big'. Just as good with the ball in to feet as getting the ball hoofed up to him. Can do the traditional target man thing but also able to drop deep and link the midfield and attack - hence the need to be more mobile.

The Leith Dutch
30-08-2015, 08:02 PM
Would be happy to let Malonga go.

I know it's all about opinions but I'm surprised that so many would be happy to see the back of Malonga.

I know he looks lazy to the casual observer but looking at his touch, his positioning and the way he brings other players into the game when he's on their wavelength or they're on his and I reckon he's the epitomy of the kind of player that we move on to become a huge success elsewhere.

I'd stick him behind a front two of Keatings and Cummings and play three at the back.
If the two guys in front of him click with what he does we will score a barrel load of goals.

Kato
30-08-2015, 08:07 PM
I know he looks lazy to the casual observer .....

Errm, some of the casuals can spot a player when they see one. :wink:

The Leith Dutch
30-08-2015, 08:08 PM
Hes scored more than any of our strikers this season..

Two of our strikers have either not featured (Farid) or are just back (Keatings).

I'd also make the argument that if Hibs as a team dominated the opposition the way sevco have this season that this would not be the case anyhow and both Cummings and Malonga would be on a par with KM already.

Just an opinion mind ;)

SquashedFrogg
30-08-2015, 08:09 PM
Anything we would pay Kenny Miller is lost wages with no chance of a return on it. We have signed McGinn and McGeoch on contracts that will allow us to cash in on them if the opportunity was to present itself as it did with SA. We should not go down the path of signing 34 year olds.

Jeezo, they've only been in the door 2 minutes. Lets think about what they can achieve before planning their exit.

I get that strategy but what if a 34/36 year old helped us get promoted? Would that justify a 12 month deal?

It's also scary to think how peoples perceptions about age has evolved. Many players in their mid-thirties are fit enough to play.

The Leith Dutch
30-08-2015, 08:10 PM
Errm, some of the casuals can spot a player when they see one. :wink:

:greengrin

Cod Boy
30-08-2015, 08:17 PM
Don't want Kenny Miller any where near a Hibs jersey again little runt

E10 Rifle
30-08-2015, 08:19 PM
How come no-one is seen in Greggs anymore?

We should also keep our eyes on the 35 bus just in case Jordi is on it - I mean it does come from the airport.

Smartie
30-08-2015, 08:20 PM

Sometimes we really need to move away from our "balance sheet" thinking and get back to being a sporting club.

I don't care if he's 86 years old and has one leg - if he scores the goals that gets us up to the top league again then it can be considered money well spent (and he can collapse as soon as promotion is confirmed).

Paatelainen and Sauzee had no sell on value when they joined - superb signings, probably on big wages and pound for pound some of the best signings we have ever made.

Not that I think there's anything in this rumour anyway but I wouldn't take Kenny Miller over any of our 4 strikers and he'd be an inferior replacement for anyone if they were to leave. I suppose you could maybe make an argument for him being a decent replacement for Farid, not based on ability but because he is so seldom fit and able to play and Miller seems to manage to play most matches.

jdships
30-08-2015, 08:22 PM

Definately is !!
A move to the Lowland League , perhaps to help his pension pot :greengrin:wink:

Big L
30-08-2015, 08:29 PM
For gods sake naw!! He needs a barrow to carry his big fat arse around, and, I'm sick of seeing that stupid grin when ever he has scored against us wi celick or sevco, again naw!! I woud rather go wi Keatings and Cummings.

Tha Cabbage Kid
30-08-2015, 08:35 PM
Would disagree he's past it.
I second that.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

orourke
30-08-2015, 08:41 PM
Don't want Kenny Miller any where near a Hibs jersey again little runt

100%. Can kiss the hun badge and **** off

Velma Dinkley
30-08-2015, 08:49 PM
no sign of kenny

Rank
Scorer
Club
Goals[28] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014%E2%80%9315_Scottish_Championship#cite_note-29)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/10/Flag_of_Scotland.svg/23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotland) Jason Cummings (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Cummings)
Hibernian (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernian_F.C.)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/10/Flag_of_Scotland.svg/23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotland) Derek Lyle (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Lyle)
Queen of the South (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_of_the_South)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/10/Flag_of_Scotland.svg/23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotland) Liam Buchanan (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liam_Buchanan)
Alloa Athletic (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alloa_Athletic_F.C.)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/10/Flag_of_Scotland.svg/23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotland) Gavin Reilly (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gavin_Reilly)
Queen of the South (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_of_the_South)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/92/Flag_of_the_Republic_of_the_Congo.svg/23px-Flag_of_the_Republic_of_the_Congo.svg.png (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_the_Congo) Dominique Malonga (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominique_Malonga)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/20/Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg/23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netherlands) Gιnero Zeefuik (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%A9nero_Zeefuik)
Heart of Midlothian (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_of_Midlothian_F.C.)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/10/Flag_of_Scotland.svg/23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotland) James Keatings (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Keatings)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/4c/Flag_of_Sweden.svg/23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweden) Osman Sow (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osman_Sow)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/10/Flag_of_Scotland.svg/23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotland) Jamie Walker (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Walker_(footballer))

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/10/Flag_of_Scotland.svg/23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotland) Jordan White (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_White_(footballer))
Livingston (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livingston_F.C.)

keep the faith
30-08-2015, 09:03 PM
Not sure there will be anything in the KM story but I will say this. If you ask me who would offer more between KM and malonga between now and the end of the season in terms of supporting and helping our young strikers learn, scoring goals and busting a gut as an impact player. I reckon 36 or not, Millar would be a better bet.

Vault Boy
30-08-2015, 09:13 PM
I think it's quite sad to hold some kind of grudge against Kenny because he's enjoyed playing for another team. I don't want us to sign him, purely because he isn't a particularly good player anymore. Some of the anger directed towards him is downright odd.

Smartie
30-08-2015, 09:20 PM
I think it's quite sad to hold some kind of grudge against Kenny because he's enjoyed playing for another team. I don't want us to sign him, purely because he isn't a particularly good player anymore. Some of the anger directed towards him is downright odd.

I never get it when players don't want to celebrate scoring against a team they used to represent. Personally I find it disrespectful of the fans and club that pay the player's wages.

He left us early in his career and has been 100% committed to every club he's played for, as he was for us at the time. A few of the strips and badges he has represented against us are pretty unpalatable but personally rather than begrudge him it I respect the fact that he's moved on and given his all to everyone he has played for (as I'm sure he would for us if he were to join us again).

I liked him as a Scotland player. All you can ever ask of someone is that they give you their all and Kenny never gave anything other than his all.

If he joined I'd back him but I simply wouldn't take him over the 4 we already have.

GRANTON_HIBS
30-08-2015, 09:25 PM
Kenny Miller would have tucked away 1 or both chances that JC didn't last week and yesterday and a number of other games. I reckon. A bit of an are these days but a good box player.

Squealing pig
30-08-2015, 09:28 PM
Maybe have him as a coach but should be nowhere near getting a start for hibs. In stubbs we trust

Jim44
30-08-2015, 10:49 PM
On Thursday, while talking about new signings and neither admitting or denying interest in McKay, and with strong rumours about Stevie May, Stubbs said that possibly nothing might happen till Monday. With Tuesday being the deadline, and McKay going to D. Utd., what might be the significance of Monday? Can we be optimistic that something interesting is probably going to happen tomorrow?

E10 Rifle
30-08-2015, 10:59 PM
On Thursday, while talking about new signings and neither admitting or denying interest in McKay, and with strong rumours about Stevie May, Stubbs said that possibly nothing might happen till Monday. With Tuesday being the deadline, and McKay going to D. Utd., what might be the significance of Monday? Can we be optimistic that something interesting is probably going to happen tomorrow?

I think it's pretty clear. On Thursday Stubbs said nothing would happen until Monday. As you've said the transfer deadline is Tuesday. On Sunday you said that on Thursday Stubbs wanted someone in on Monday, but the transfer deadline isn't until Tuesday, so what do we know about the significance of Monday? Whatever, I'm definitely optimistic that something will happen on one of those days.

KWJ
30-08-2015, 11:28 PM
Kenny Miller would have tucked away 1 or both chances that JC didn't last week and yesterday and a number of other games. I reckon. A bit of an are these days but a good box player.

If he still has the acceleration to make the chance in the first place.

NAE NOOKIE
31-08-2015, 12:22 AM

His over the top celebrations when he scores against us at ER are pretty unique for any player playing against a club that gave him his chance in the game, especially at their home ground ... turning away with your arm in the air is one thing ... leaping the advertising boards to celebrate with the bigot hoards as if you have scored the winner in the cup final is quite another ..... The thought of the little prick using Hibs as part of his retirement plan gives me the boak .......... never, never, never.

Neo167
31-08-2015, 01:23 AM
All gone quiet on Insall possibly signing, anyone got any news on that ? Would love to see stevie May if we could get him but feel we would be priced out of a move for him due to wage demands. The boy at Dunfermline that's been banging in the goals may be worth having a look at. Still very raw but seems to know where the onion bag is.

:gwa::flag:

cabbageandribs1875
31-08-2015, 01:31 AM
sure i read on here that insall has indeed signed officially

Nutmegged
31-08-2015, 01:37 AM
I wouldn't put too much thought into Insall, I think he has signed but I feel he'll be for the development squad, doubt he'd see first team action anytime soon

MWHIBBIES
31-08-2015, 03:13 AM
as for Farid, the club must be close to cutting the ties if he isn't fit soonHe has had 2 bad injuries in 2 seasons. Not his fault and certainly hope we don't cut ties with him, we've had far more injury prone* players in the past who we have given time to recover.

*Farid isn't actually injury prone tbh, it isn't as if it is horrible little injuries keeping him out for years.

bingo70
31-08-2015, 05:55 AM
sure i read on here that insall has indeed signed officially

Reckon we're maybe waiting so we've got something to announce on deadline day. Its a popular day with fans so might be viewed as bad pr not to get anyone.

Has nobody got the sun yet? Did the sun journalist Kenny Millar not tweet something about a target being in today's paper?

Beefster
31-08-2015, 06:02 AM
Not sure there will be anything in the KM story but I will say this. If you ask me who would offer more between KM and malonga between now and the end of the season in terms of supporting and helping our young strikers learn, scoring goals and busting a gut as an impact player. I reckon 36 or not, Millar would be a better bet.

What's your belief that Miller would score more than Malonga based on? Last season?

Heisenberg
31-08-2015, 06:05 AM
Robert Thomson ‏@robertthomson55 (https://twitter.com/robertthomson55) 9m9 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/robertthomson55/status/638228587519324160)
Hibs have made an offer to Sheffield Wednesday for Stevie May on loan but are way down the list. @scotsunsport (https://twitter.com/scotsunsport)

J-C
31-08-2015, 06:18 AM
He has had 2 bad injuries in 2 seasons. Not his fault and certainly hope we don't cut ties with him, we've had far more injury prone* players in the past who we have given time to recover.

*Farid isn't actually injury prone tbh, it isn't as if it is horrible little injuries keeping him out for years.

2005–2006
Marmande (https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Marmande_Foot&action=edit&redlink=1)
(10)

2006–2009
Bergerac Foot (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bergerac_Foot)
(37)

2009–2010
Wydad (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wydad_Casablanca)
(3)

2010–2011
Romorantin (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SO_Romorantin)
(14)

2011–2012
Falkirk (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falkirk_F.C.)
(18)

2012–2014
Brentford (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brentford_F.C.)
(4)

→ Dundee United (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dundee_United_F.C.) (loan)
(3)

2014–
(3)

* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18:22, 26 May 2015 (UTC).

Not a lot of senior games in 10 years as a pro.

Ronniekirk
31-08-2015, 06:43 AM
Robert Thomson ‏@robertthomson55 (https://twitter.com/robertthomson55) 9m9 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/robertthomson55/status/638228587519324160)
Hibs have made an offer to Sheffield Wednesday for Stevie May on loan but are way down the list. @scotsunsport (https://twitter.com/scotsunsport)

As with Billy McKay we won't be able to match other teams offers ,and why would he want to come back to a lower division . We must know that we are unlikely to get him ,so if we are to bring in two strikers we must have other Targets .

keep the faith
31-08-2015, 07:05 AM
What's your belief that Miller would score more than Malonga based on? Last season?

It's based on Dom's contribution, effort, link up play and attitude for the second part of last season and the season so far. Occasional nice touch aside I think he is a negative presence.

Scored a few last year but I would honestly move him on if we had a chance. Appreciate that's only my view of course.

Iceman1875
31-08-2015, 07:16 AM
It's based on Dom's contribution, effort, link up play and attitude for the second part of last season and the season so far. Occasional nice touch aside I think he is a negative presence.

Scored a few last year but I would honestly move him on if we had a chance. Appreciate that's only my view of course.

I'm not sure we will get that chance but I hope we do. The guy has decent ability but does not work for the jersey and appears more laid back than a park bench.

Greenworld
31-08-2015, 07:22 AM
I'm not sure we will get that chance but I hope we do. The guy has decent ability but does not work for the jersey and appears more laid back than a park bench.

He is certainly different to anything else we have and chips in with a fair amount of goals.
Personally I think a good player to have on the bench .

Nutmegged
31-08-2015, 07:39 AM

This guys us an absolute failure at anything he puts his name too, was caught out getting his info from twitter, hopeless

Kojock
31-08-2015, 08:23 AM

Malonga is the Hibernian Marmite you either love him or loathe him.:agree:

Nutmegged
31-08-2015, 08:37 AM
Agent Scotland saying we've enquired about Michael Higdon, Sheff Uyd wamt most of his wages paid though.

If their window shuts at 6pm and hes still at Bramall Lane then we could have a chance with that one.

Beefster
31-08-2015, 09:02 AM

So not on the actual goalscoring bit then? Fair enough.

My view is that quite a few folk have a downer on Malonga because he doesn't run about like a tit and doesn't go barmy when he scores. I'm not sure where the 'negative presence' stuff is coming from either but it's mince.

Andy74
31-08-2015, 09:09 AM

Negative presence? What a load of nonsense.

Moulin Yarns
31-08-2015, 09:14 AM
Agent Scotland saying we've enquired about Michael Higdon, Sheff Uyd wamt most of his wages paid though.

If their window shuts at 6pm and hes still at Bramall Lane then we could have a chance with that one.

Loving the last sentence :greengrin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Higdon

Keith_M
31-08-2015, 09:14 AM
Question:

The thread title says the Transfer Window ends at Midnight Tuesday.

Why doesn't it end today (what with this being the last day of August)?

#FromTheCapital
31-08-2015, 09:16 AM
Question:

The thread title says the Transfer Window ends at Midnight Tuesday.

Why doesn't it end today (what with this being the last day of August)?

Possibly because it's a bank holiday today?

J-C
31-08-2015, 09:18 AM

Keith_M
31-08-2015, 09:22 AM

Cheers, I didn't know that

:aok:

Iceman1875
31-08-2015, 09:22 AM
I've stupidly taken Wednesday off and not tomorrow from work, what a tit! [emoji23]

Jack
31-08-2015, 10:15 AM

Cause everyone will be watching the fireworks.

brog
31-08-2015, 10:40 AM
2005–2006
Marmande (https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Marmande_Foot&action=edit&redlink=1)
(10)

2006–2009
Bergerac Foot (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bergerac_Foot)
(37)

2009–2010
Wydad (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wydad_Casablanca)
(3)

2010–2011
Romorantin (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SO_Romorantin)
(14)

2011–2012
Falkirk (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falkirk_F.C.)
(18)

2012–2014
Brentford (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brentford_F.C.)
(4)

→ Dundee United (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dundee_United_F.C.) (loan)
(3)

2014–
(3)

* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18:22, 26 May 2015 (UTC).

Not a lot of senior games in 10 years as a pro.

He wasn't a pro until 2009 & these are league appearances only. He actually played 43 times for Falkirk & scored 27 goals. He's had 2 serious, but completely different, injuries, at Brentford & with us. Hopefully he'll be back fully fit soon.

eastmainsmsh
31-08-2015, 12:16 PM
Always rated higdon be a good addition if any truth in this

truehibernian
31-08-2015, 12:26 PM

He would score for fun at this level and create bags of space for Keatings and Cummings. A proper handful.

J-C
31-08-2015, 12:32 PM
He wasn't a pro until 2009 & these are league appearances only. He actually played 43 times for Falkirk & scored 27 goals. He's had 2 serious, but completely different, injuries, at Brentford & with us. Hopefully he'll be back fully fit soon.

His early career was as an amateur, still not a lot of senior games for someone who's played since 2005, his goals ratio is not in question but he's really only had one full proper season and that was at Falkirk. I like Farid and what he could bring but unfortunately his injury has was a bad one and as we've seen, not one that you can recover from quickly, it's put paid to a lot of players careers.

AlbertK86
31-08-2015, 12:33 PM

Far more realistic target and exactly type we need if he can reproduce his Motherwell form

Thecat23
31-08-2015, 12:33 PM
I've stupidly taken Wednesday off and not tomorrow from work, what a tit! [emoji23]

Get Sky Go App and hide from your boss for the day 👍🏼

Keith_M
31-08-2015, 12:35 PM
Is Stubbs planning on playing with five up front?

I'd personally be all in favour. :)

DH1875
31-08-2015, 12:42 PM
Anyone know what the script is with Natalie Sawyer's eye?

Iceman1875
31-08-2015, 12:53 PM
Get Sky Go App and hide from your boss for the day [emoji106]🏼

Lol, I'm in meetings all day! Will rely on updates from here [emoji23][emoji106]🏻

Hibeesmad
31-08-2015, 12:58 PM
Hibs interested in Henrik Ojamaa, who got released by Legia Warsaw yesterday according to a reliable source

Thecat23
31-08-2015, 01:04 PM
Hibs interested in Henrik Ojamaa, who got released by Legia Warsaw yesterday according to a reliable source

Hope to god this isn't true, he's utter mince! He's goals to game ratio is rotten as well. It's a proven striker we need not some random. I'll be very disappointed if we were to sign him.

Hibeesmad
31-08-2015, 01:06 PM
Hope to god this isn't true, he's utter mince! He's goals to game ratio is rotten as well. It's a proven striker we need not some random. I'll be very disappointed if we were to sign him.

Motherwell and Hibs have both been in contact apparently, Well fan seems to believe Hibs are offering more money

S4uzee
31-08-2015, 01:08 PM

Spot on

IanM
31-08-2015, 01:08 PM
Motherwell and Hibs have both been in contact apparently, Well fan seems to believe Hibs are offering more money

We're we not in for him last time? Or was it his cousin?

Hibeesmad
31-08-2015, 01:12 PM
We're we not in for him last time? Or was it his cousin?

His brother was on trial in January, however Henrik was linked last summer

Thecat23
31-08-2015, 01:13 PM

If this is the best we can get I'd be questioning the scouting system. He's not a good striker and all the strikers at ER are miles better than him so what has he got to offer? Thousands of players up and down the country we could look at, come on Hibs don't bring this lad in.

flash
31-08-2015, 01:14 PM
More likely as a wide player I would have thought.

Greenworld
31-08-2015, 01:30 PM
Im hoping we will be surprised for good reasons who will come in. I do not see us signing someone who is bang average

QMU-1875
31-08-2015, 01:34 PM
I don't get it, didn't everyone think Henrick Ojaama would have been a great signing last summer when linked? What has changed?

GordonHFC
31-08-2015, 01:35 PM

21 goals in 162 games (1 in 8) is pretty unimpressive is it not?

Thecat23
31-08-2015, 01:37 PM

That's what i said, it's rank!!

erin go bragh
31-08-2015, 01:48 PM
I don't get it, didn't everyone think Henrick Ojaama would have been a great signing last summer when linked? What has changed?

Got a well mate who loved him first time . But couldn't believe how bad he played on his return .

GGTTH

Billychaotic182
31-08-2015, 01:49 PM

Isn't he a winger?

lyonhibs
31-08-2015, 01:49 PM

If he was actually played as a central striker, that is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G_t9LHBQNQ

You'll have to excuse the appalling music.

CapitalGreen
31-08-2015, 01:52 PM

He's not an out and out goal scorer though is he, more likely playing behind the strikers, creating. He had the most assists in the SPL in 12/13 with 16, 4 more than the next highest player. Scott Allan got 12 last season in a lower league.

Pete
31-08-2015, 01:54 PM
Welcome to hibs Henrik.

JimBHibees
31-08-2015, 01:55 PM
If he was actually played as a central striker, that is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G_t9LHBQNQ

You'll have to excuse the appalling music.

Looks like he could do a job wide, seems quick and direct.

erin go bragh
31-08-2015, 01:57 PM

He scored 11 in 38 games in his first spell at Well . 3 in 18 in his second stint with them . Works out 1 goal every 4 games . but as I've said , my Well mate said he was murder 2nd time round .

GGTTH

Hibeesmad
31-08-2015, 02:03 PM
Swindon have also made interest

CRAZYHIBBY
31-08-2015, 02:11 PM

And who is this reliable source?

Bostonhibby
31-08-2015, 02:15 PM
Does the fishman work on a Monday?

Hibeesmad
31-08-2015, 02:17 PM

Friend who is a well fan, he knows quite a bit about stuff going on there since the fans have started to be a lot more involved. He knew Dempster was leaving a wee while before it actually got announced

ekhibee
31-08-2015, 02:20 PM
IMO Higdon would be an excellent addition if there's any truth to the rumour, but that's a big if.

lyonhibs
31-08-2015, 02:31 PM
IMO Higdon would be an excellent addition if there's any truth to the rumour, but that's a big if.

Is that Higdon 2015 or Higdon 2012? If it's the former, no thanks.

I hope our style of play never reverts to being reliant on thumping it long to some massive dullard of a player like Higdon.

With the right service from wide areas, our current strikers will score for fun.

greenpaper55
31-08-2015, 02:32 PM
My money would be on a player who is good at the holding the ball up and is decent in the air, if we tried to get Daly then that gives you a clue.

Andy74
31-08-2015, 02:55 PM
If this is the best we can get I'd be questioning the scouting system. He's not a good striker and all the strikers at ER are miles better than him so what has he got to offer? Thousands of players up and down the country we could look at, come on Hibs don't bring this lad in.

I thought you knew who we were signing?

Vault Boy
31-08-2015, 03:03 PM
Henrik is far from mince, as others have said, he's just not on out and out striker. Good player, but not what we need IMO.

lyonhibs
31-08-2015, 03:10 PM
Henrik is far from mince, as others have said, he's just not on out and out striker. Good player, but not what we need IMO.

Pace, directness, can cross a ball and has European experience. From descriptions of our play thus far this season as "one paced" and "pedestrian" etc, sounds exactly like what we need.

If he's for free and wages are reasonable, it would be a no-brainer IMO.

Kato
31-08-2015, 03:35 PM
I hope our style of play never reverts to being reliant on thumping it long to some massive dullard of a player like Higdon.

With the right service from wide areas, our current strikers will score for fun.

Nothing wrong with getting behind a defence and crossing for a bag of cement to score or set up a second ball in this division. Worked for us with Mixu last time around.

mcfly
31-08-2015, 03:43 PM
Amazing reading the last 6 or so pages how many experts we have in the hibs support.

Complain if we aren't linked with anyone - complain if we are cause he's rubbish or no hibs class.

Get in the real world - hibs are a championship club, we are dealing in bargains so trust the manager and judge him on results not what one who you perceive to be not hibs class.

Personally stevie May or Michael higdon and Id be delighted.

Vault Boy
31-08-2015, 03:45 PM
Pace, directness, can cross a ball and has European experience. From descriptions of our play thus far this season as "one paced" and "pedestrian" etc, sounds exactly like what we need.

If he's for free and wages are reasonable, it would be a no-brainer IMO.

I rate him highly but what I meant was he isn't the striker that we need. If indeed all we are after from here on out is a goal scorer, I don't think Henrik would be the right choice. As a bonus however, I would be very happy to see him signed up.

CallumLaidlaw
31-08-2015, 03:48 PM
Amazing reading the last 6 or so pages how many experts we have in the hibs support.

Complain if we aren't linked with anyone - complain if we are cause he's rubbish or no hibs class.

Get in the real world - hibs are a championship club, we are dealing in bargains so trust the manager and judge him on results not what one who you perceive to be not hibs class.

Yeah I'd be delighted with either. Can't see it tho

Golden Bear
31-08-2015, 03:58 PM

Couldn't agree more.

If we were to sign Lionel Messi himself we would still have dissenting voices within our supposed "support"

JimBHibees
31-08-2015, 04:00 PM

Couldn't agree more.

If we were to sign Lionel Messi himself we would still have dissenting voices within our supposed "support"

Too wee and could you imagine what he'd be like on a cold January game away to "insert any non-descript team in Scotland". :greengrin

Hibbyradge

Couldn't agree more.

I'd be underwhelmed if he didn't come with Steve Marsalla.

SeanWilson
'If he's chosen Hibs over Rangers then he's clearly no playing we a full deck! One would have ti assume that we've never made an approach in the first place? It's inconceivable that anyone would go there rather than be part of what's happening at our place' ... a Sevconian's view on Stevie May.... courtesy of dothebouncy :rolleyes: