PDA

View Full Version : Hibs transfer thread (Last Day Update - Anier / Feruz (both loan) in, None out)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28

coldingham hibs
20-08-2015, 06:36 PM
My guess is that he is waiting to see if any better offer comes in before the deadline, if not he will join us.

JON6207
20-08-2015, 08:03 PM
Could he be due a bonus if celtic qualify for champions league. So is waiting till after that.

cabbageandribs1875
20-08-2015, 09:29 PM
My guess is that he is waiting to see if any better offer comes in before the deadline, if not he will join us.

if that were indeed the case i hope hibs have moved on to other possible signings, he might just end up spending the last year of his contract at sellick in the wilderness, big wage sitting doing nothing or lower wage and getting first team football.

cabbageandribs1875
20-08-2015, 09:32 PM
Could he be due a bonus if celtic qualify for champions league. So is waiting till after that.

has he been in any of their CL play-off squads ? surely just squad players would be entitled to any bonus should they qualify :dunno:

Eyrie
20-08-2015, 09:38 PM
if that were indeed the case i hope hibs have moved on to other possible signings, he might just end up spending the last year of his contract at sellick in the wilderness, big wage sitting doing nothing or lower wage and getting first team football.

Or at least until January. Maybe we should take the extra cash from Septic just now, then sign McGeouch on a pre-contract and promptly negotiate a small fee for his immediate transfer?

Jim44
20-08-2015, 09:47 PM

Bu&&er that for a laugh. Why the hell should we wait till the last minute to see what he has decided. We should state our interest now, see if he is willing to discuss terms and, if not, we should be saying, sorry the offers off, and move on to other possibilities wiith a few bob in our pocket. :cb

Ryan69
20-08-2015, 10:09 PM
If McGeouch is off the radar, is it reasonable to hope that Stubbs has all the money from the sale of SA, plus some sort of compensatory payment from Celtic, to use for his player budget? This payment was something suggested, I think, by some of the media and latched on to by some on here, but mention of it seems to have gone all quiet. As somebody says, time is flying by and I would hope that Stubbs gets the opportunity to attract a couple of useful players and not have to wait till the eleventh hour to pick up scraps.

Completely agree mate.

We didn't have to sell him....so it goes on this seasons squad.

Borderhibbie76
21-08-2015, 09:28 AM
Have to say what an anti climax of a week this has been...all the stories of mcgeoch insall being done deals etc yet nothing has happened. A boost ahead of a huge match on Sunday would have been great.
Just hope Stubbsy pulls a few rabbits from the hat before 1 Sept as I feel it's needed if we are to challenge for top spot.

H18S NX
21-08-2015, 09:40 AM
I think we should just move on,enough is enough.

Greenworld
21-08-2015, 10:46 AM
Have to say what an anti climax of a week this has been...all the stories of mcgeoch insall being done deals etc yet nothing has happened. A boost ahead of a huge match on Sunday would have been great.
Just hope Stubbsy pulls a few rabbits from the hat before 1 Sept as I feel it's needed if we are to challenge for top spot.
I agree totally the silence however suggests that something may still be ongoing.
Why it would take so long i have no idea.
But so called bargains will be available in a week so maybe sitting tight for something else

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
21-08-2015, 11:33 AM
[QUOTE=Greenworld;4446647]I agree totally the silence however suggests that something may still be ongoing.
But so called bargains will be available in a week so maybe sitting tight for something else

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Yes im sure there are more signings to come...think the disappointment stems from all the ITK done deal comments on here...whether that was the case and something has fallen through who knows??

In stubbsy we trust so if Mcgeouch has fallen thru...lets hope he has someone else lined up

Lago
21-08-2015, 12:04 PM
[QUOTE=Greenworld;4446647]I agree totally the silence however suggests that something may still be ongoing.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Yes im sure there are more signings to come...think the disappointment stems from all the ITK done deal comments on here...whether that was the case and something has fallen through who knows??

In stubbsy we trust so if Mcgeouch has fallen thru...lets hope he has someone else lined up
Maybe hibs are holding off to make an announcement on Sat before the rangers game, just a thought.

GreenOnions
21-08-2015, 12:07 PM
I know these things can be frustrating but I think we need to take a look at ourselves a wee bit here. There are posters on this site who have some good sources at the club. These posters tend to have much better info than most. They choose to share some of that that info with us - which is great IMO. They don't have to do that. Clearly - any info posted before an event happens may not turn out to be 100%. Let's face it - in life anything can happen - people can change their minds etc. However - I, for one, think we should appreciate the efforts of "ITK" posters to keep us informed and stop giving them a hard time on occasions where things don't turn out as predicted.

The alternative is that we receive no info at all from these guys. Would that make us happier?

Cabbage East
21-08-2015, 12:15 PM
I know these things can be frustrating but I think we need to take a look at ourselves a wee bit here. There are posters on this site who have some good sources at the club. These posters tend to have much better info than most. They choose to share some of that that info with us - which is great IMO. They don't have to do that. Clearly - any info posted before an event happens may not turn out to be 100%. Let's face it - in life anything can happen - people can change their minds etc. However - I, for one, think we should appreciate the efforts of "ITK" posters to keep us informed and stop giving them a hard time on occasions where things don't turn out as predicted.

The alternative is that we receive no info at all from these guys. Would that make us happier?

Yes, if it's not true. There was someone on here earlier in the week categorically saying the deal was done and dusted and he'd definitely signed. Fair enough if that is the case but why wouldn't Hibs have announced it by now?

Scottiedog007
21-08-2015, 12:17 PM
Sky Sports Scotland ‏@ScotlandSky 1m1 minute ago
SKY SOURCES understand Dylan McGeouch will join @HibsOfficial permanently today from @celticfc He will be in the squad for Sunday @DMcGeouch

JHFC
21-08-2015, 12:20 PM
SKY SOURCES understand Dylan McGeouch will join @HibsOfficial permanently today from @celticfc He will be in the squad for Sunday @DMcGeouch

Good news.

My_Wife_Camille
21-08-2015, 12:22 PM

Excellent news!

GreenOnions
21-08-2015, 12:28 PM
Yes, if it's not true. There was someone on here earlier in the week categorically saying the deal was done and dusted and he'd definitely signed. Fair enough if that is the case but why wouldn't Hibs have announced it by now?

We will probably all take note of two or three particular posters' contributions on here. These guys who post such info obviously believe it's true when they post it. The implication of your post is that they should not post until the info is officially confirmed - in which case everyone will know about it anyway. If we want info in advance of it becoming "official" we need to accept that some of it may not turn out the way it was predicted.

I'd like these guys to continue posting. It's up to us to use our judgement as to the likely accuracy of the info I feel.

cabbageandribs1875
21-08-2015, 12:34 PM

Or at least until January. Maybe we should take the extra cash from Septic just now, then sign McGeouch on a pre-contract and promptly negotiate a small fee for his immediate transfer?

see what happens when LD reads this forum and gets things moving :greengrin hope he scores a nice wee double on his new debut :flag:

Brightside
21-08-2015, 12:34 PM

well that was good timing.

SteveHFC
21-08-2015, 12:42 PM
http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/cc0/611/141/resized/praise-the-lord-meme-generator-praise-the-lord-5d7260.jpg

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-08-2015, 12:42 PM

Remember the bedwetters who said he wasn't coming and we should just move on? 😂😂

Never in doubt 👍🏻

Greenworld
21-08-2015, 12:43 PM
well that was good timing.
Did u make a phone call "look im getting some stick here any chance u could just announce it "

S4uzee
21-08-2015, 12:49 PM
Remember the bedwetters who said he wasn't coming and we should just move on? 😂😂

Never in doubt 👍🏻

Nae bother Dylan 👍🏻

Brightside
21-08-2015, 12:49 PM
Did u make a phone call "look im getting some stick here any chance u could just announce it "

I did actually have a word with the gaffer in the local Sainsbury last night. I wasn't happy! :greengrin

J-C
21-08-2015, 12:53 PM
I did actually have a word with the gaffer in the local Sainsbury last night. I wasn't happy! :greengrin

I see him all the time down here in Porty, I generally let him get on with his business, I can imagine all the BS I'd be telling him to do on the park if I was to speak to him properly :greengrin Play this way, get him on the park, tell him to stop doing this etc etc. his head would be nipping.

Brightside
21-08-2015, 12:58 PM
I see him all the time down here in Porty, I generally let him get on with his business, I can imagine all the BS I'd be telling him to do on the park if I was to speak to him properly :greengrin Play this way, get him on the park, tell him to stop doing this etc etc. his head would be nipping.

aye he lives near me JC. I just constantly remind him that Paul Hanlon is the best defender in the country. :wink:

J-C
21-08-2015, 12:59 PM
aye he lives near me JC. I just constantly remind him that Paul Hanlon is the best defender in the country. :wink:

Tell him to remind Paul Hanlon that then because he can at times be a crap one too.:greengrin

bill the hibby
21-08-2015, 01:06 PM
So if mcgeouch and insall sign we only need another defender I would reckon maybe a CB and LB? But I'd be happy with one

Thecat23
21-08-2015, 01:08 PM

About time as well, glad you sorted it 😁

Thecat23
21-08-2015, 01:09 PM
So if mcgeouch and insall sign we only need another defender I would reckon maybe a CB and LB? But I'd be happy with one

Left back I expect very soon.

S4uzee
21-08-2015, 01:09 PM

Yip. Left back to be first choice and a right sided CB who can cover at RB

itslegaltender
21-08-2015, 01:13 PM

and James McFadden. :wink:

Gordy M
21-08-2015, 01:13 PM
Yip. Left back to be first choice and a right sided CB who can cover at RB

I think jordan forster can do that job. RB and CH that is.

bill the hibby
21-08-2015, 01:16 PM

That's exciting

SteveHFC
21-08-2015, 01:22 PM
and James McFadden. :wink:

Please don't :hyper

B.H.F.C
21-08-2015, 01:22 PM

Good. Any clues?

Brightside
21-08-2015, 01:23 PM
Good. Any clues?

Roberto Carlos

PatHead
21-08-2015, 01:26 PM

Can't understand why you are telling us you had a go at the local Sainsbury manager. Was the freezer not working or something?

You shouldn't let your bad feelings about Hibs get on top of you. Its not good for your health.

scoopyboy
21-08-2015, 01:29 PM
I expect Alex Harris to go to QOTS on loan over the next few days.

Brightside
21-08-2015, 01:30 PM

That's a good move for him actually.

Ozyhibby
21-08-2015, 01:38 PM
That's a good move for him actually.

And good for us too. He won't be able to play against us but will hopefully get the winner against Sevco.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-08-2015, 01:39 PM
Nae bother Dylan 👍🏻

Might wanna change yer bedsheets bud. :greengrin

ElginHibbie
21-08-2015, 01:47 PM

Just seen the following tweet so seems like you're spot on

Graham Swann ‏@Graham_Swann (https://twitter.com/Graham_Swann) 1m1 minute ago (https://twitter.com/Graham_Swann/status/634722988152238084)
Hibs winger Alex Harris has joined Queen of the South on a season-long loan.

s.a.m
21-08-2015, 01:57 PM
We will probably all take note of two or three particular posters' contributions on here. These guys who post such info obviously believe it's true when they post it. The implication of your post is that they should not post until the info is officially confirmed - in which case everyone will know about it anyway. If we want info in advance of it becoming "official" we need to accept that some of it may not turn out the way it was predicted.

I'd like these guys to continue posting. It's up to us to use our judgement as to the likely accuracy of the info I feel.

Completely agree.

cabbageandribs1875
21-08-2015, 02:06 PM

Graham Swann ‏@Graham_Swann (https://twitter.com/Graham_Swann) 1m1 minute ago (https://twitter.com/Graham_Swann/status/634722988152238084)

good luck to the laddie

Gmack7
21-08-2015, 02:07 PM
Roberto Carlos

no him again,he was gash the first time here:wink:

CallumLaidlaw
21-08-2015, 02:25 PM

Apparently getting the number 7 jersey at QoS. Good luck to him

J-C
21-08-2015, 02:44 PM

Not surprised, he's struggled since his injury, forget about the Butcher fiasco, the lad has had a lot of chances to prove his worth, which he obviously hasn't.

ElginHibbie
21-08-2015, 03:17 PM
Official now

Hibernian FC ‏@HibsOfficial (https://twitter.com/HibsOfficial)
READ: @AlexHarris_94 (https://twitter.com/AlexHarris_94) Joins #QueenoftheSouth (https://twitter.com/hashtag/QueenoftheSouth?src=hash) on Loan http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5648 (http://t.co/ybFlJCTAOK)

GreenCastle
21-08-2015, 03:37 PM
I assume Harris won't be allowed to play against us ?

JimBHibees
21-08-2015, 03:38 PM

You would certainly hope so.

scoopyboy
21-08-2015, 03:39 PM

You assume correctly.

Harris had only wanted to go until January but obviously he changed his mind.

BH Hibs
21-08-2015, 03:43 PM
How long before the Huns start howling accusing us of double standards by letting him go to a rival. Bampots.

SouthMoroccoStu
21-08-2015, 03:48 PM
How long before the Huns start howling accusing us of double standards by letting him go to a rival. Bampots.

If they haven't already, I give it 5 minutes

They use social media like caryons on a giro cheque

hibs0666
21-08-2015, 08:53 PM
I don't think McGeouch is coming. I ain't even sure he was even close to coming. I reckon he will be off down south.

Got this weekend's lottery numbers?

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-08-2015, 10:05 PM
You assume correctly.

Harris had only wanted to go until January but obviously he changed his mind.

Can he be called back if need be?

CRAZYHIBBY
21-08-2015, 10:50 PM
Any news on insall?

Thecat23
21-08-2015, 10:56 PM
Any news on insall?

He's signed so I'd imagine that will be announced too very shortly!

PatHead
21-08-2015, 11:09 PM

Not again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:greengrin

SteveHFC
21-08-2015, 11:10 PM

Anyone want to guess when this will be announced?

I'll go for September 2086.

Only kidding TC ;)

matty_f
21-08-2015, 11:26 PM

Any chat about if he's any good?

Unseen work
22-08-2015, 12:45 AM
Any update on the boy from St Johnstone we have on trial? Dylan Easton I think

flash
22-08-2015, 07:21 AM
Got this weekend's lottery numbers?

No but I can tell you last week's.

CyberSauzee
22-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Any news on insall?

This from Stourbridge forum

http://glassboys.the-talk.net/t631-jamie-insall

They offered him a contract a couple of weeks ago according to a friend of his I know. Maybe he's mulling it over or waiting to see if a club closer to home comes in for him.

Some clarity from Stour wouldn't go amiss on this topic to be honest!?

Would Hibs wait two weeks to let him decide?

bingo70
22-08-2015, 10:56 AM
This from Stourbridge forum

http://glassboys.the-talk.net/t631-jamie-insall

Would Hibs wait two weeks to let him decide?

For somebody that's going to be a pretty cheap gamble I'd have thought so. No point forcing the issue to find out a month down the line he wants away.

Billy Whizz
22-08-2015, 11:08 AM
For somebody that's going to be a pretty cheap gamble I'd have thought so. No point forcing the issue to find out a month down the line he wants away.

Maybe we're due them a fee

bingo70
22-08-2015, 11:26 AM

I'd imagine we would be due them something, even if it's a fairly nominal amount.

Ronniekirk
22-08-2015, 11:35 AM
Not too bothered about install just now ,as he isn't going to come straight into first team .The next signing needs to be Defensive cover but someone with enough quality to hold down a first team place if required .

SonOfDavidFrancey
22-08-2015, 12:45 PM

Guy in the Stourbridge forum says he wasn't under contract - kicking themselves because they could have had a fee

mike1875
22-08-2015, 01:17 PM
Guy in the Stourbridge forum says he wasn't under contract - kicking themselves because they could have had a fee

Is any one else surprised that there is such a thing as a "Stourbridge forum"?

FranckSuzy
22-08-2015, 01:19 PM
Anyone want to guess when this will be announced?

I'll go for September 2086.

Only kidding TC ;)

Maybe the guy has to hand in/work his notice at his 'other' job...:dunno: IIRC, Ivan Sproule was an engineer, and Rob Jones a teacher, before signing for Hibs so consideration has to be given to this also, IMHO :aok:

GreenCastle
24-08-2015, 03:57 PM
Final week till the window "slams" shut!

I see Sevco have signed Zelalem from Arsenal on loan - very promising player to have brought in.

Can see him strolling this league.

CallumLaidlaw
24-08-2015, 03:58 PM
Insall said to me on Twitter that he's only registered with Stourbridge. No contract as such

Hibstrooper
24-08-2015, 04:11 PM
Insall said to me on Twitter that he's only registered with Stourbridge. No contract as such

Looking at his Twitter profile pic, pretty sure he was at the game yesterday. Crane and a guy we couldn't recognise came and sat amongst the fans just before KO, having seen that pic pretty sure Insall was the other guy

stevie-bee
24-08-2015, 06:31 PM
Insall
got told by a guy at work deal complete and his squad no 15

IanM
24-08-2015, 07:59 PM
Someone on Twitter saying we're in talks with Zeefuik

Don't know who the someone is mind,

CallumLaidlaw
24-08-2015, 08:00 PM

3 year deal in Turkey

greenlad
24-08-2015, 08:02 PM
3 year deal in Turkey

More likely a 3 year old Turkey in Zeefuik

IanM
24-08-2015, 08:03 PM
3 year deal in Turkey

Just checked and seen that! Some folk have too much time on their hands

hibee92
24-08-2015, 09:15 PM
@CCP_sport: Interesting news today re a new trialist striker at Hibs and a failed attempt to land an out-of-contract target man. #Hibs #goals #buyapaper

Higdon? Daly?

woodythehibee
24-08-2015, 09:18 PM
@CCP_sport: Interesting news today re a new trialist striker at Hibs and a failed attempt to land an out-of-contract target man. #Hibs #goals #buyapaper

Higdon? Daly?
Must be Daly. Just signed for Raith.

Brightside
24-08-2015, 09:28 PM
Must be Daly. Just signed for Raith.

i don't think for a second that we tried to get Daly.

Heisenberg
24-08-2015, 09:30 PM
Jon Daly is just as injury prone as Farid. Would've been a terrible signing.

Billychaotic182
24-08-2015, 09:33 PM

Higdon? Daly?

Is Higdon a free just now. Get him in

CallumLaidlaw
24-08-2015, 09:33 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/24/d429cd194ac7369a45cc9f8e5a0b07bd.jpg

woodythehibee
24-08-2015, 09:34 PM
i don't think for a second that we tried to get Daly.
Would surprise me too knowing how thorough Stubbsy and Graeme Mathie are with recruitment.

CallumLaidlaw
24-08-2015, 09:44 PM
Jon Daly is just as injury prone as Farid. Would've been a terrible signing.

Maybe. But he's guaranteed first goal scorer on Saturday. [emoji53]

Heisenberg
24-08-2015, 09:47 PM

Well aye, that'll probably happen :greengrin

bill the hibby
24-08-2015, 09:47 PM

Hahaha find this hilarious because it's so true, how many times has this happened to us 😂

Brightside
24-08-2015, 09:49 PM
Hahaha find this hilarious because it's so true, how many times has this happened to us 

its a nap!

bill the hibby
24-08-2015, 09:51 PM
its a nap!

This perhaps deserves a thread

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-08-2015, 10:07 PM

Mortgage on it

California-Hibs
24-08-2015, 11:22 PM
Even if Daly does score against us on Saturday, doesn't mean we should sign him. Nade scored against us and I'm glad we didn't sign him either!

Dinkydoo
24-08-2015, 11:29 PM
Hahaha find this hilarious because it's so true, how many times has this happened to us 😂
Yea, it's ****ing hilarious.

He wouldn't improve our team, so we shouldn't sign him. Stubbs will know that though

hibee92
25-08-2015, 05:17 AM
Theo Robinson on trial
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theo_Robinson

IanM
25-08-2015, 05:51 AM
Theo Robinson on trial

Striker with pace in abundance. that's all my knowledge but looks a welcome addition if he impresses

Onceinawhile
25-08-2015, 06:29 AM
Middle name of Ronaldo.

Sign him, sign him now. Put Ronaldo on his back. I'll buy home and away tops tomorrow.

CRAZYHIBBY
25-08-2015, 07:05 AM
Is any one else surprised that there is such a thing as a "Stourbridge forum"?

I was thinking the exact same thing. ...funny old world we live in

CRAZYHIBBY
25-08-2015, 07:07 AM

He can zeefuik right off

bill the hibby
25-08-2015, 07:07 AM
Middle name of Ronaldo.

Sign him, sign him now. Put Ronaldo on his back. I'll buy home and away tops tomorrow.

Could not agree more :greengrin

CRAZYHIBBY
25-08-2015, 07:31 AM
Looks like Hibs were in for daly but thankfully he chose Raith.....raith manager claims "a big club in our league tried to steal him away from us at the last minute"

Billy Whizz
25-08-2015, 07:33 AM
Looks like Hibs were in for daly but thankfully he chose Raith.....raith manager claims "a big club in our league tried to steal him away from us at the last minute"

Daly only wanted a deal until January, as he fancies moving abroad when the transfer window for Asia opens

Scott Allan Key
25-08-2015, 07:59 AM
"Despite being Derby's second top scorer, with three goals in six league starts (plus one goal in the league cup defeat to Shrewsbury Town, Robinson was sometimes criticised by supporters for "not scoring enough goals" and being "rubbish" on social networking site Twitter"

From Robinson's Wiki page. Perfect for us fickle Hibees.

CallumLaidlaw
25-08-2015, 08:40 AM
"Despite being Derby's second top scorer, with three goals in six league starts (plus one goal in the league cup defeat to Shrewsbury Town, Robinson was sometimes criticised by supporters for "not scoring enough goals" and being "rubbish" on social networking site Twitter"

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/25/dabc2c4b7d30b213a78735f5d1d8d084.jpg

StevieC
25-08-2015, 08:50 AM
Theo Robinson on trial

Looking at the stats, he's hardly prolific.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-08-2015, 08:57 AM

Wouldn't read too much into that tbh, we might not even sign him and if we do, our league is nothing on the Ch'ship down south, so he wont be as bad as some folk are making out.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-08-2015, 09:02 AM
His scoring record is slightly better, but similar, to Waghorns or Rangers.

J-C
25-08-2015, 09:20 AM
So we have Cummings and Malonga already fit and playing, Keatings back training, Farid not too far off coming back and Insall seemingly signed ( from the ITK guys ), so tell me why do we need another player with a bang average strike rate unless he's going to play the big striker role.

Iain G
25-08-2015, 09:27 AM
So we have Cummings and Malonga already fit and playing, Keatings back training, Farid not too far off coming back and Insall seemingly signed ( from the ITK guys ), so tell me why do we need another player with a bang average strike rate unless he's going to play the big striker role.

Unless there is greater concern about Farid's long term fitness?

JimBHibees
25-08-2015, 09:31 AM

That and maybe someone else leaving say Malonga?

J-C
25-08-2015, 09:47 AM

Nothing reported to say there is serious problems, not from the player himself anyway, my personal opinion is we'll be very lucky to see Farid again in a Hibs jersey, his injury was almost career threatening, it may well be he'll never really recover from it enough to play at the top level again, plus he aint no spring chicken either.

J-C
25-08-2015, 09:50 AM
That and maybe someone else leaving say Malonga?

Player with great first touch and nice vision but in this division we also need him to work his bollocks off too, he doesn't do this enough for me, if you could mix his touch and vision with Jason's energy and natural goalscoring, we'd have one hell of a player.

scoopyboy
25-08-2015, 09:51 AM
Nothing reported to say there is serious problems, not from the player himself anyway, my personal opinion is we'll be very lucky to see Farid again in a Hibs jersey, his injury was almost career threatening, it may well be he'll never really recover from it enough to play at the top level again, plus he aint no spring chicken either.

Farid is a couple of weeks away from full training I believe, however slightly off topic I have been told if James Keatings isn't stripped for Wednesday's League Cup tie he will be for Saturday's game against Raith.

:flag::flag::flag:

J-C
25-08-2015, 09:53 AM
Farid is a couple of weeks away from full training I believe, however slightly off topic I have been told if James Keatings isn't stripped for Wednesday's League Cup tie he will be for Saturday's game against Raith.

:flag::flag::flag:

I had heard this about Farid but it always seem to be 2 weeks away with him and Keatings I knew was back in full training.

CorrieHibs
25-08-2015, 10:17 AM
Slightly off topic. But do we have scouts who actually travel Europe?
It seems we never really get any good foreign players that have never played in Britain and are unknown. I know malonga hadn't played in Britain before we got him but apart from that only boozy springs to mind that has been successful. It seems a lot of the other clubs in the SPL can get foreign gems but we only cast our net in Britain.

zlatan
25-08-2015, 10:21 AM
With McGregor signing I'd be happy with another left back and, if I'm being greedy, an extra striker would be nice. Would be a decent windows business overall, then we just worry about the not getting injured part of things :greengrin

SlickShoes
25-08-2015, 10:25 AM
It seems we never really get any good foreign players that have never played in Britain and are unknown. I know malonga hadn't played in Britain before we got him but apart from that only boozy springs to mind that has been successful. It seems a lot of the other clubs in the SPL can get foreign gems but we only cast our net in Britain.

Benji, Zemamma are two that spring to mind immediately. Also Jorge Claros, sure there must be more.

CorrieHibs
25-08-2015, 10:41 AM
Benji, Zemamma are two that spring to mind immediately. Also Jorge Claros, sure there must be more.

Ahh yeah zemamma and Claros. Apologies. It' doesn't happen often though.

erin go bragh
25-08-2015, 10:46 AM

Malonga !

GGTTH

LancsHibs
25-08-2015, 10:47 AM

I remember signing some French bloke who turned out to be half decent:greengrin

bigwheel
25-08-2015, 10:48 AM

er, ahem..."clears throat"

De Graff

:rolleyes:

BoomtownHibees
25-08-2015, 10:48 AM

Who cares if he's rubbish on Twitter?

West hamBERNIAN
25-08-2015, 10:50 AM
Ahh yeah zemamma and Claros. Apologies. It' doesn't happen often though.

De graaf, de la Cruz, ulrik laurson, latapy and sauzee of coarse but that was probably back when you could trust agents. But I doubt we have scouts in Europe, more likely players scouts will be telling us what they have available for certain price ranges.

H18S NX
25-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Je Je

CorrieHibs
25-08-2015, 10:55 AM
De graaf, de la Cruz, ulrik laurson, latapy and sauzee of coarse but that was probably back when you could trust agents. But I doubt we have scouts in Europe, more likely players scouts will be telling us what they have available for certain price ranges.

Wouldn't call de graaf successful. And I also mean recently these signings were made 98,99 and 2000.

The Sundance Kid
25-08-2015, 10:59 AM
McLeish certainly had a good eye for a foreigner: Sauzee, Latapy, Agathe, Arpinon, Jack, Doumbe, Laursen, Libbra, Zitelli, Luna, Paatelainen, De La Cruz, Andrews, Orman all signed by him. And of course the greatest of all, The Tank Eduardo Hurtado

O'Rourke3
25-08-2015, 11:02 AM
Boozey more or less rolled up and asked. He was never scouted.

Sent via the bushes @ EM

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-08-2015, 11:04 AM
Anyone know what's happening with Insall?

GreenCastle
25-08-2015, 11:05 AM
Are we expecting more players in ?

Left sided defender / winger ?

Target striker ?

Another goalie ? ( doubtful)

CraigHibee
25-08-2015, 11:27 AM

Was going to ask the same thing, all gone quiet

GreenCastle
25-08-2015, 11:30 AM

Signing or not - we need someone who will deliver straight away this season - and we can't rely on Insall for that.

My_Wife_Camille
25-08-2015, 12:05 PM
Was going to ask the same thing, all gone quiet

Saw him at Ibrox on Saturday sitting in the same area as James Keatings and couple of the players family members. Not sure if that means he has signed or not but he was definitely still with us on Saturday.

Prof. Shaggy
25-08-2015, 12:23 PM
Saw him at Ibrox on Saturday sitting in the same area as James Keatings and couple of the players family members. Not sure if that means he has signed or not but he was definitely still with us on Saturday.

Did he get there so early to get a good view?:na na::greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
25-08-2015, 12:27 PM

he went earlier hoping to get out of the car park early on the sunday, some boys are still there

Springbank
25-08-2015, 01:25 PM
he went earlier hoping to get out of the car park early on the sunday, some boys are still there

i'm sure there are a couple of old fellas in the back corner of that car park who went in in 1939 and are still fighting the Second World War

My_Wife_Camille
25-08-2015, 01:36 PM

Aye fair enough, Sunday then!

Alex Trager
25-08-2015, 07:28 PM
The big gadji has scored for Dunfermline again.
Stubbs saying he is looking at a striker

Stuarty27
25-08-2015, 07:31 PM
The big gadji has scored for Dunfermline again.
Stubbs saying he is looking at a striker

He isn't big, very small and lightweight. Too similar to what we have at the minute

Smartie
25-08-2015, 07:38 PM
Dunno why I think this but I get a hunch that an Akpo Sodje type of player would score an absolute bucketload in this league with our current players around him.

Whilst he wasn't exactly a world-beater he didn't do too badly at a higher level in a very poor team.

bingo70
25-08-2015, 07:42 PM
Dunno why I think this but I get a hunch that an Akpo Sodje type of player would score an absolute bucketload in this league with our current players around him.

Whilst he wasn't exactly a world-beater he didn't do too badly at a higher level in a very poor team.

I made a similar point about nish last season.

Like sodje he had plenty faults abd looked a donkey at times but he didn't waste many chances. In a team that created the amount we did last season he'd have scored loads imo.

Alex Trager
25-08-2015, 07:44 PM
He isn't big, very small and lightweight. Too similar to what we have at the minute

Aw. I just assumed he was big.

To be fair that matches what Stubbs said.
He said he doesn't necessarily have to be a big striker.
Just someone who scores goals

CallumLaidlaw
25-08-2015, 07:46 PM
Aw. I just assumed he was big.

To be fair that matches what Stubbs said.
He said he doesn't necessarily have to be a big striker.
Just someone who scores goals

Exactly. Andy Cole was asked on TV over the weekend what type of striker Man U should go for and he replied "one that puts the ball in the net".

CRAZYHIBBY
25-08-2015, 09:27 PM
Who do we have on trial just now. ?

Billy Whizz
25-08-2015, 09:29 PM
Who do we have on trial just now. ?

"Ronaldo" and Insall I believe, not sure where McCabe is though

CRAZYHIBBY
25-08-2015, 09:36 PM

This insall dude seems to have had the longest trial I've ever

Unseen work
25-08-2015, 10:03 PM
Theo would be a good signing imo from what I remember. Physical lad who has pace. Scores most his goals from 6-12 yards. Alot of them scrappy. Kind of what we are missing.

Northernhibee
25-08-2015, 10:16 PM

More importantly, what is Sdot Pdot's freestyle like? :hyper

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-08-2015, 10:17 PM

McCabe has been away for a while, didn't impress atall.

Ronniekirk
25-08-2015, 10:21 PM
McCabe has been away for a while, didn't impress atall.

Well you might have told us earlier:confused:

DH1875
26-08-2015, 07:22 AM
See that St Johnstone have signed the young celtic right back Darnell Fisher. Good player and could have done a job for us IMO.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-08-2015, 08:13 AM

I was only told last night, give me a break.

MyJo
26-08-2015, 09:17 AM

Or he could have just not told us at all.

No wonder people are reluctant to share info on here.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-08-2015, 12:47 PM
Young laddie from Queens Park seemingly on trial, Shaun Rooney?

hibeemikey21
26-08-2015, 12:50 PM
Young laddie from Queens Park seemingly on trial, Shaun Rooney?

Hearts have said no to him and he's now trailing with Partick apparently.

hibees 7062
26-08-2015, 06:05 PM

Seeing as Jamie was at Rangers on Sunday and he's now living in Edinburgh I would hazard a guess that he's signed for Hibs.
They have offered to ship him out on loan to a team in Sweden

Diclonius
26-08-2015, 06:08 PM
Jamie Insall and the Never-ending Trial

Billy Whizz
26-08-2015, 06:08 PM
Seeing as Jamie was at Rangers on Sunday and he's now living in Edinburgh I would hazard a guess that he's signed for Hibs.
They have offered to ship him out on loan to a team in Sweden

?

hibees 7062
26-08-2015, 06:10 PM
?

From Stourbridge FCs forum

RUSSELL LATAPY
26-08-2015, 06:12 PM
Faissal El-Bakhtaoui defo think we shood b lookin at him.

Billy Whizz
26-08-2015, 06:12 PM
From Stourbridge FCs forum

Wonder why we'd do that, other than to try and get round paying some comp, if we had to pay any in the 1st place

StevieBoyKdy
26-08-2015, 06:17 PM
Anyone seen the lad at dunf play or we just going by goals. Kind of striker is he? Target man? Fast?

bigwheel
26-08-2015, 06:21 PM
Anyone seen the lad at dunf play or we just going by goals. Kind of striker is he? Target man? Fast?

He played against us pre season ...he is small , tricky , lots of movement ...reminded me of Yantorno (if you remember him when he wasn't injured and playing against us). He was a stand out for them that day - although I have to say he looked a bit raw to me , lost the ball a bit and misplaced passes - clearly has talent though.

CRAZYHIBBY
26-08-2015, 09:05 PM
Insall on verge of signing. ..awaiting international clearance according to sports mole

GordonHFC
26-08-2015, 09:16 PM
Jamie Insall and the Never-ending Trial

Is that a Harry Potter book? 😊

bigwheel
26-08-2015, 09:17 PM
Is that a Harry Potter book? 

haha sometime .Net can bring a smile during the darkness :-)

E10 Rifle
26-08-2015, 09:18 PM
This insall dude seems to have had the longest trial I've ever

Seems to have been up for more trials than Gary O'Connor

CRAZYHIBBY
26-08-2015, 09:19 PM
Someone on stourbridge forum says we have signed him and offered him out on loan to s Swedish club. ...but he's declined. ...sounds like ***** to me though as he posted at 9.24 then said he declined at 9.25

Unseen work
26-08-2015, 10:23 PM
Faissal El-Bakhtaoui defo think we shood b lookin at him.

Supposedly stubbs was at the game last night watching him. Wouldn't surprise me if he signed shortly.

PatHead
26-08-2015, 10:24 PM
Supposedly stubbs was at the game last night watching him. Wouldn't surprise me if he signed shortly.

Stubbs was at Raith game last night according to posters

E10 Rifle
26-08-2015, 10:26 PM

With our current tactics though he's not the guy. We're crossing into the box from 18 yards out a dozen times a game and no-one is there to knock them down for a Keatings or Cummings type. If he's going to stick with this it needs to be a target man we bring in.

Northern Hibby
27-08-2015, 06:48 AM
http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/hot-shots-switch-to-scottish-giants-expected-withi-25907?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

scoopyboy
27-08-2015, 06:57 AM
http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/hot-shots-switch-to-scottish-giants-expected-withi-25907?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Is that not an old article?

IanM
27-08-2015, 07:07 AM
dundee united agree Ł200k fee for Billy McKay

Billychaotic182
27-08-2015, 07:26 AM

Posted 3 hours ago so don't think so

IanM
27-08-2015, 07:54 AM

@StourbridgeFC: Just to reiterate, there is NO OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION yet that Jamie Insall has completed his move to @HibsOfficial.

Last night at 10pm

Heedersnvolleys
27-08-2015, 08:56 AM
Stubbs was at Raith game last night according to posters
Can anyone confirm if he was at the Raith or Dunfermline game on Tuesday? Hope the latter

Cod Boy
27-08-2015, 08:58 AM
Probably Raith as we play them at the weekend

Jim44
27-08-2015, 08:59 AM

It must be. They refer to Hibs as 'giants'. :greengrin

Brightside
27-08-2015, 09:03 AM
Probably Raith as we play them at the weekend

Deciding if we should play 5 or 6 at the back.

Billy Whizz
27-08-2015, 09:07 AM
Can anyone confirm if he was at the Raith or Dunfermline game on Tuesday? Hope the latter

He said on his after match interview last night, that he watched Raith play this week

CallumLaidlaw
27-08-2015, 09:28 AM
http://m.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/jon-daly-why-i-turned-down-hibs-to-sign-for-raith-rovers-1-3870157

Peevemor
27-08-2015, 09:34 AM
http://m.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/jon-daly-why-i-turned-down-hibs-to-sign-for-raith-rovers-1-3870157

Fair enough.

scoopyboy
27-08-2015, 10:26 AM
Posted 3 hours ago so don't think so

Ha ha smartypants.

The article refers to Jamie scoring the previous week against Brentford at East Mains, that game was played weeks ago.

If I post a newspaper report of Hibs beating Hearts 7-0 on New Years Day 1973 on Facebook does that mean it happened today!!!!

GordonHFC
27-08-2015, 10:33 AM

An ex Hun with principles. No wonder he got out of there.

Billychaotic182
27-08-2015, 10:35 AM
Ha ha smartypants.

The article refers to Jamie scoring the previous week against Brentford at East Mains, that game was played weeks ago.

If I post a newspaper report of Hibs beating Hearts 7-0 on New Years Day 1973 on Facebook does that mean it happened today!!!!

If you post it, they will come haha

Leithenhibby
27-08-2015, 10:57 AM

:greengrin

AlbertK86
27-08-2015, 11:36 AM
The rag that is the daily record transfer news saying Hibs now in for Billy McKay

Jim44
27-08-2015, 11:48 AM

:agree:Even though we lost out, I respect the guy's loyalty and honesty.

CallumLaidlaw
27-08-2015, 11:48 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/27/f1178e6e84eefacf5f0c684646f8e755.jpg

CallumLaidlaw
27-08-2015, 11:56 AM
@ScottBurns75: @billymckay22 - as it stands - will not be joining @dundeeunitedfc. @HibsOfficial trying to do a deal while @RCFCStaggies keen on loan.

Billy Whizz
27-08-2015, 12:02 PM
@ScottBurns75: @billymckay22 - as it stands - will not be joining @dundeeunitedfc. @HibsOfficial trying to do a deal while @RCFCStaggies keen on loan.

Thought The Rangers signed all the Wigan players?

Vault Boy
27-08-2015, 12:14 PM
Kenny Millar ‏@Kenny_Millar (https://twitter.com/Kenny_Millar) 8m8 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/Kenny_Millar/status/636871790661345282)
Jamie Insall's move to Hibs should finally go through today but he's viewed as a development player. Still after an experienced striker.

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-08-2015, 01:33 PM
I was told on Monday that we were looking to sign two strikers with potentially two players leaving. Wonder if it's Insall and McKay with who leaving? Dom maybe??

PatHead
27-08-2015, 01:41 PM
I was told on Monday that we were looking to sign two strikers with potentially two players leaving. Wonder if it's Insall and McKay with who leaving? Dom maybe??

Wouldn't surprise me if we got a bid for Cummings. Just a guess.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-08-2015, 02:21 PM
Andy Little anyone?

bigwheel
27-08-2015, 02:32 PM
Andy Little anyone?

think I'd rather have Syd....

Nevi_SOL
27-08-2015, 02:35 PM
Andy Little anyone?

Would prefer Stuart little

HibbyAndy
27-08-2015, 02:36 PM
Would prefer Stuart little

:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious

:thumbsup:

LancsHibs
27-08-2015, 02:41 PM

Syd Little now runs a pub near me! Often seen pulling pints and serving scoff in the Stawberry Gardens in Fleetwood😀 Good boozer by the way!

Kato
27-08-2015, 02:46 PM

I'd rather have Syd Barrett.

bigwheel
27-08-2015, 02:48 PM
I'd rather have Syd Barrett.

Good for in "the wall" I hear...

bigwheel
27-08-2015, 02:53 PM
Syd Little now runs a pub near me! Often seen pulling pints and serving scoff in the Stawberry Gardens in Fleetwood Good boozer by the way!

:aok:

California-Hibs
27-08-2015, 03:36 PM
Andy Little anyone?

He'd actually be a really decent signing.

Gmack7
27-08-2015, 04:07 PM
He'd actually be a really decent signing.

memory blank. who is he?

E10 Rifle
27-08-2015, 04:09 PM
Syd Little now runs a pub near me! Often seen pulling pints and serving scoff in the Stawberry Gardens in Fleetwood Good boozer by the way!

Great boozer, stopped there after the Orient v Fleetwood game last year (Stephen Dobbie scored their equaliser :rolleyes:) and Syd was serving.

Tom Hart RIP
27-08-2015, 04:14 PM
Record says Hibs and rangers after Stevie May on loan. Sorry if mentioned before

CRAZYHIBBY
27-08-2015, 06:00 PM
Can't see us getting may or mckay tbh

Hawick hibee
27-08-2015, 06:46 PM
Billy McKay Ł200k offer from Dundee Utd accepted source sky sports, I think Steve may would be better option (if we are thinking about him) big, strong scored goals for fun up here.

:flag::flag:

Hamish
27-08-2015, 06:53 PM
Would think May would have other options, maybe even in the same league as us.

Ronniekirk
27-08-2015, 08:26 PM
Would think May would have other options, maybe even in the same league as us.

They were desperate to get may about a month ago so if we are showing an interest they will be even more determined to get him but you would think he won't be short of options so would be a major coup if we could secure him on a seasons loan but I won't be expecting it to happen

Greencore
27-08-2015, 08:30 PM
May is one of my favourite Scottish footballers, would love it if he came here. Doubt it highly but never say never.

E10 Rifle
27-08-2015, 10:01 PM
May is one of my favourite Scottish footballers, would love it if he came here. Doubt it highly but never say never.

Give us your top 5.

California-Hibs
27-08-2015, 11:37 PM

.....really, top 5?? I could think of plenty better Scottish players than him, and I mean plenty.

HoboHarry
28-08-2015, 12:03 AM

He was born in England and represents Northern Ireland.

Greencore
.....really, top 5?? I could think of plenty better Scottish players than him, and I mean plenty.

Don't have a "top 5" I just really like him out of other Scottish footballers.

HoboHarry
Whoopsie my bad. Thought we were talking about McKay

Greencore
28-08-2015, 12:04 AM
He was born in England and represents Northern Ireland.

Never knew Perth was in England 😀 do you mean Australia?

HoboHarry
28-08-2015, 12:09 AM
Nah. Just a daft moment I had there 😜

CRAZYHIBBY
28-08-2015, 07:50 AM
Getting exciting now

IanM
28-08-2015, 09:11 AM
Webster signs 2 year deal at St Mirren

GlesgaeHibby
28-08-2015, 11:26 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/sport/record-fc-rangers-celtics-euro-6336443

I hate the huns, and can't wait for them to fall flat on their face again soon. Go on a little run and the sheer arrogance of them. Hope our season is kickstarted this weekend and we challenge them all the way for the title.

The management of transfers has also been a highlight, with every signing showing quality and every departure making sense. As part of that it was also good to see Rangers sticking to their policy of never allowing a player to leave for a domestic title rival, which is why there was no reason to stop Darren McGregor’s move to Hibs….

hibs#1
28-08-2015, 11:45 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/sport/record-fc-rangers-celtics-euro-6336443

I hate the huns, and can't wait for them to fall flat on their face again soon. Go on a little run and the sheer arrogance of them. Hope our season is kickstarted this weekend and we challenge them all the way for the title.

The management of transfers has also been a highlight, with every signing showing quality and every departure making sense. As part of that it was also good to see Rangers sticking to their policy of never allowing a player to leave for a domestic title rival, which is why there was no reason to stop Darren McGregor’s move to Hibs….

The guys your typical bigheaded rangers supporting trumpet

Hibs History
28-08-2015, 11:51 AM
The guys your typical bigheaded rangers supporting trumpet

It's actually pronounced bigoted :wink:

hibs#1
28-08-2015, 11:59 AM
It's actually pronounced bigoted :wink:

Couldn't quite think of the right words to describe one of them without getting myself banned

JimBHibees
28-08-2015, 11:59 AM

That is quite funny to be fair. :greengrin

Keith_M
28-08-2015, 12:04 PM
That is quite funny to be fair. :greengrin

But not nearly as funny as releasing him because they thought he was going to St Johnstone

:wink:

Betty Boop
28-08-2015, 12:16 PM
But not nearly as funny as releasing him because they thought he was going to St Johnstone

Do you really think Rangers thought he was going to St Johnstone ?

JimBHibees
28-08-2015, 12:17 PM

Indeed. :greengrin

The Sundance Kid
28-08-2015, 05:45 PM
http://www.spartansfc.com/2015/08/28/signing-news-hibs-youngster-conner-duthie-signs-loan-deal-at-spartans/

Conner Duthie gone on loan to Spartans until January

erin go bragh
28-08-2015, 06:15 PM
http://www.spartansfc.com/2015/08/28/signing-news-hibs-youngster-conner-duthie-signs-loan-deal-at-spartans/

Conner Duthie gone on loan to Spartans until January

That's a strange one . Is the standard any better than the development league ?

GGTTH

Billy Whizz
28-08-2015, 06:31 PM
That's a strange one . Is the standard any better than the development league ?

GGTTH

Think the plan is for Conner to get game time against older and stronger players. Must be part of his development plan

West hamBERNIAN
28-08-2015, 06:34 PM
Ritchie towell is being linked with a move to west ham. How crazy is that. At least with Vaz Te you could see he had talent at hibs. I never thought towell was terrible but never seemed to show the talent that could lead to EPL move. Is there anyone at hibs just now you'd reckon might at some point end up in England's top flight?

Smartie
28-08-2015, 06:43 PM
Ritchie towell is being linked with a move to west ham. How crazy is that. At least with Vaz Te you could see he had talent at hibs. I never thought towell was terrible but never seemed to show the talent that could lead to EPL move. Is there anyone at hibs just now you'd reckon might at some point end up in England's top flight?

You need to have a bit of pace or power to make it there - so no, I don't think we do have anyone. Boyle is our quickest but doesn't really know how to play football so I couldn't see him making it.

Henderson is young, has time on his side and appears to have a bit of ability - maybe him.

Of our own players I really rate Forster - he has some of the physical attributes needed and purely aesthetically looks like a player that could be an EPL player. If he could get a couple of seasons under his belt where he plays more than 30 odd games each time, learns from experience and kicks on then I'd say he'd be our best bet.

You could see an Ipswich or Wolves or the like taking a chance on him and end up getting promoted with him in the side.

It is mad some of the players that have been at Hibs and have really raised their game after leaving. There's the two you have mentioned but Dobbie is probably the most amazing one.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
28-08-2015, 06:44 PM

If that's the standard of player hammers are looking at, I'd be very fearful for their season

West hamBERNIAN
28-08-2015, 06:53 PM
You need to have a bit of pace or power to make it there - so no, I don't think we do have anyone. Boyle is our quickest but doesn't really know how to play football so I couldn't see him making it.

Henderson is young, has time on his side and appears to have a bit of ability - maybe him.

Of our own players I really rate Forster - he has some of the physical attributes needed and purely aesthetically looks like a player that could be an EPL player. If he could get a couple of seasons under his belt where he plays more than 30 odd games each time, learns from experience and kicks on then I'd say he'd be our best bet.

You could see an Ipswich or Wolves or the like taking a chance on him and end up getting promoted with him in the side.

It is mad some of the players that have been at Hibs and have really raised their game after leaving. There's the two you have mentioned but Dobbie is probably the most amazing one.

Yeah I'd say the same regarding Forster, has at times looked unbeatable. Other than him I think the only other possibility would be Oxley, age on his side and if he starts adding more of the saves from last two games he'll have a chance. Tin hat on. I guess we were unfortunate with dobbie as at the time the strikers we had you couldn't leave out. Same thing happened with Clayton Donaldson who always looked a player. Strikers are like buses it seems. :aok:

West hamBERNIAN
28-08-2015, 06:55 PM
If that's the standard of player hammers are looking at, I'd be very fearful for their season

I was shocked to see him linked especially after more reliable people mentioned it. They are however getting linked with around 3 new players a day. And yes it is becoming rather worrying but at least I've got hibs to keep me happy :gwa:

bingo70
28-08-2015, 07:04 PM
Yeah I'd say the same regarding Forster, has at times looked unbeatable. Other than him I think the only other possibility would be Oxley, age on his side and if he starts adding more of the saves from last two games he'll have a chance. Tin hat on. I guess we were unfortunate with dobbie as at the time the strikers we had you couldn't leave out. Same thing happened with Clayton Donaldson who always looked a player. Strikers are like buses it seems. :aok:

Funny how people see things differently.

Imo forster isn't anything special, we concede a lot of goals when he plays and imo he lacks mobility and acceleration.

I've never rated Oxley as I've always thought he's a poor shot stopper, that said though he's made two excellent saves in the last two games. If he can start to do that regularly you might be right.

Its early days but imo I think Mcginn has showed signs that he could eventually make the step up. He's still quite raw and makes some wrong decisions but I think he's got a presence about him that's surprised me. If he can keep improving I think he could end up an excellent player.

Andy74
28-08-2015, 07:12 PM
I see that Robinson we were supposed to be giving a trial to has signed for Motherwell.

West hamBERNIAN
28-08-2015, 07:13 PM
Funny how people see things differently.

Imo forster isn't anything special, we concede a lot of goals when he plays and imo he lacks mobility and acceleration.
W
I've never rated Oxley as I've always thought he's a poor shot stopper, that said though he's made two excellent saves in the last two games. If he can start to do that regularly you might be right.

Its early days but imo I think Mcginn has showed signs that he could eventually make the step up. He's still quite raw and makes some wrong decisions but I think he's got a presence about him that's surprised me. If he can keep improving I think he could end up an excellent player.
No your quite right mate, only been the last couple of games when I've seen potential in Oxley which could be just a couple of good games but you never know at his age. With Forster though I think at centre back he's looked superb at times, still young also so will improve. I think he could go on to be our best defender quite easily. Mcginn has impressed also, time will tell. Will be interesting to see how Dylan gets on this year also.

West hamBERNIAN
28-08-2015, 07:16 PM
I see that Robinson we were supposed to be giving a trial to has signed for Motherwell.

Was he having a trial with us or did he just get linked with us?

cabbageandribs1875
28-08-2015, 07:19 PM
zaliukas leaves the bigots by 'mutual consent' with a year left on his contract

Brightside
28-08-2015, 07:42 PM
Was he having a trial with us or did he just get linked with us?

he had a trial..not taken further.

Ronniekirk
28-08-2015, 08:09 PM
zaliukas leaves the bigots by 'mutual consent' with a year left on his contract
Hot on the Heels of McGregor being released .
two possibilities . 1) they can't afford to be paying thier wages over next few months or

2) they are freeing up wages to try and get a key player in like Steve May on loan for eg .

NadeAteMyLunch!
28-08-2015, 08:10 PM
I was shocked to see him linked especially after more reliable people mentioned it. They are however getting linked with around 3 new players a day. And yes it is becoming rather worrying but at least I've got hibs to keep me happy :gwa:

Richie Towell is a completely different player to the one that played right back for us years ago. He's now a goal scoring midfielder who is getting rave reviews most weeks. Some players change as they progress through their career. Guess it's a bit like Paul Hartley, awful winger for us that couldn't hold his own in the first division yet he ends up at Hearts, banging in goals from centre midfield then gets a move to Celtic

West hamBERNIAN
28-08-2015, 08:36 PM
Richie Towell is a completely different player to the one that played right back for us years ago. He's now a goal scoring midfielder who is getting rave reviews most weeks. Some players change as they progress through their career. Guess it's a bit like Paul Hartley, awful winger for us that couldn't hold his own in the first division yet he ends up at Hearts, banging in goals from centre midfield then gets a move to Celtic
Yeah I was saying similar in an earlier msg about how much players progress despite the fact they haven't cut it at hibs. However I'm sure I seen ppl on here as little a week ago saying he'd be a poor signing for hibs as he's only performed in Ireland. Funny old game ain't it.

West hamBERNIAN
28-08-2015, 08:41 PM
he had a trial..not taken further.

Seems to be hardly any time since we turned him down to signing for Motherwell, makes you think they've been incredibly lucky with regards too signings from english leagues.

cabbageandribs1875
28-08-2015, 08:46 PM
Hot on the Heels of McGregor being released .
two possibilities . 1) they can't afford to be paying thier wages over next few months or

2) they are freeing up wages to try and get a key player in like Steve May on loan for eg .

2 is more likely, zali wasn't in the bread mans plans

superbam
28-08-2015, 08:48 PM

100%. Completely transformed player, now an intelligent attacking midfielder with plenty goals in him.not surprised he is being linked to clubs like West ham.

Unseen work
28-08-2015, 11:16 PM
Hopefully stubbs can produce a bit of before the window shuts.

A striker - tall, physical, powerhouse type
Left winger - pace and chips in with goals
Left back - can support the attack well but most importantly is solid.

Are all positions we could do with strengthening.

Carmichael is a good player but for me he is a right winger. If it was me I would swap him and Boyle. Carmichael is more likely to swing in an early ball if it's on his right. Boyle regardless of where he plays will use his pace and most likely cut it back for the striker, don't think it would bother him what side he is on. Also Boyle on the left would be better for him cutting in from the left to score with his right.