PDA

View Full Version : Hibs transfer thread (Last Day Update - Anier / Feruz (both loan) in, None out)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Bostonhibby
04-08-2015, 12:20 PM
Lucas Jutskewicz?

Only way this is happening is if he starts bleating to the weegie press that he has been a Hibby since boyhood and his current club are blocking his dream move etc..................:wink:

Ozyhibby
04-08-2015, 12:21 PM
Zero chance we're getting Jutkiewicz, he was sold to burnley only last summer for £2.5M

Does seem unlikely unless we are happy to spend the whole £3m we get for Malonga. [emoji3]

My_Wife_Camille
04-08-2015, 12:22 PM
Made up pish like Feruz, Kiss and Holt.

Ronniekirk
04-08-2015, 12:24 PM
Lukas Jutkiewicz. Had heard from an admittedly not very reliable source (a yam) that we were sniffing about. Possibly could be linked.

Hasn't scored for burnley in first team since his move so despite heft fee they paid ,they may be willing to off load him Fits profile of Stubbs wanting to resurrect career that's needing kickstarted again.
But it's a risk selling second top scorer , but maybe championship level would help restore his confidence ,and if he worked with Stubbs ,he may feel he is the man he trusts to get him back playing regular football and scoring again

Iain G
04-08-2015, 12:24 PM

Which co-incidentally is the name of my Accountant Firm :greengrin

Bayern Bru
04-08-2015, 12:26 PM
Could be Yakubu.

At Reading, crossed over with Stubbs at Everton and didn't do that well last season.

:greengrin

Hibs History
04-08-2015, 12:28 PM
Zero chance we're getting Jutkiewicz, he was sold to burnley only last summer for £2.5M
Zero goals in 25 app for Burnley

They might be fed up of that return rate?

KeithTheHibby
04-08-2015, 12:38 PM
While I agree with you on this issue, just saying that the coaching staff should be trusted has not served us well in the past.
We do seem a little under cooked going into the first game, which given how much of a deal we have been making about the importance of a good start is gambling a bit.
I think we will be good enough to get a result this week but we could also have been better prepared.

Can you please explain the bits in bold?

Keith_M
Zero goals in 25 app for Burnley

They might be fed up of that return rate?

According to Wiki, his career stats are 53 goals from 259 appearances.

He is definitely a Forward, right?

Geo_1875
I dont buy this. Weve brought a few new guys in so they will have to bed into the team. Rangers were a lot sharper than us in the petrofac and looked well up to speed.

They bought a few players and played a couple of friendlies yet you think they were sharper than us? Yes they were well up for it but we cut our own throats in that game. There won't be as much between the teams next time we play them.

Ronniekirk
Could be Yakubu.

At Reading, crossed over with Stubbs at Everton and didn't do that well last season.

:greengrin

Says he signed with reading till end of season so don't know if now a free agent .Some debate about his age but says 32, and he has travelled about a bit in last few seasons But again wages would be huge drop .

SteveHFC
04-08-2015, 12:39 PM
Sassuolo have made a bid for Malonga apparently.

The_Horde
04-08-2015, 12:41 PM

I've heard we're after Mcginn from St Mirren.

S4uzee
Source?:greengrin

squire
Stevie May? 🙏🏻

SteveHFC

Which one?

SteveHFC
04-08-2015, 12:42 PM
Stevie May? 🙏🏻

I will run naked around Dalkeith and then proceed to jump in the esk if that happens.

The_Horde
04-08-2015, 12:44 PM
Which one?

Thomas showumni

bill the hibby
04-08-2015, 12:44 PM

Hahahaha good show 😂

liamh2202
04-08-2015, 12:46 PM
I will run naked around Dalkeith and then proceed to jump in the esk if that happens.

Your meant to bet something you wouldn't normally do ;)

Keith_M
04-08-2015, 12:47 PM

I heard he was signing for us yesterday.

The_Horde
04-08-2015, 12:52 PM
I heard he was signing for us yesterday.

With Mccabe and Watson? I heard that too

Iain G
04-08-2015, 12:55 PM
Oh well, another one missed out on, yet again...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33761552

hibees 7062
04-08-2015, 12:56 PM

So normal Saturday night in Dalkeith then ? :greengrin

hibees 7062
04-08-2015, 01:00 PM
Oh well, another one missed out on, yet again...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33761552

28 Years old ? . We've been signing him for about 20 years :greengrin

LaMotta
04-08-2015, 01:01 PM

And has also been banging them in this pre season for Burnley......

J-C
04-08-2015, 01:07 PM
Hibs have had a decent offer from a Serie A team for Malonga. The player has been informed, and Stubbs has been told the money can go directly to his replacement - striker in the English championship, semi regular last season, played in Scotland previously - has a bit of history with us too.

I had a feeling this may happen, Malonga's style at times didn't suit the Scottish game, great touch but looked uninterested quite a lot.

SteveHFC
04-08-2015, 01:09 PM
So normal Saturday night in Dalkeith then ? :greengrin

Nothing like that ever happens in Dalkeith. We're a lovely bunch.

hibbymick
04-08-2015, 01:11 PM
They bought a few players and played a couple of friendlies yet you think they were sharper than us? Yes they were well up for it but we cut our own throats in that game. There won't be as much between the teams next time we play them.

I would surely hope not.

Smartie
04-08-2015, 01:25 PM
Can you please explain the bits in bold?

I don't think he's being too unreasonable (on this occasion - I do think some of his negative posts have been a bit harsh in the past).

We're trying to win the Championship this year and it looks like our biggest rivals will be The Rangers.

The The Rangers fans are champing at the bit - they think they're team is in great shape, they're delighted with how fit they look and the games can't come round quickly enough for them.

We did enough against Montrose but it was a bit anaemic at times, it was also scary how much we improved when a player who has professed his desire to play for our biggest rivals this season came on.

Whilst the 6-2 scoreline may have flattered The Rangers slightly, I don't buy the argument that it wasn't a 6-2 game - the standard of defending and the taking of chances dictated that that was exactly what it was. And let's face it, it was a pumping.

We're all excited about what our new signings might do, they have decent pedigree and look (on paper) to be exactly what we needed to improve on our shortcomings last season. But we haven't seen enough of them yet to get really excited about things.

Nobody's jumping off cliffs or going nuts (as we might have been doing as we approached some of our recent seasons) but I don't think it is unreasonable to question our preparation going into this season.

Now if we go out and pump Dumbarton then we can dismiss all the negativity. But until then I think it fair to ask a few questions of how we have prepared and of how we look going into a season when there will be very little margin for error.

Cabbage7062
04-08-2015, 01:28 PM
If Farid is going to be fit soon I would feel a lot safer letting him go. None the less I would still be sad to see him go as I think we look better with him in the team. Does look lethargic at times but he's got a great touch and imo at times shows good awareness. Wouldn't be the end of the world if we were to get a good price.

Smartie
04-08-2015, 01:34 PM
Malonga looks like he'd got it in him to be an incredible player if he puts his mind to it.

I don't think he's a brilliant foil for Cummings, they did ok as a pair last year but I don't think their movement is good enough as a pair to score the amount of goals we need to win the league this year. I'd have Cummings as first pick this year so if we got a good offer for him then I wouldn't be against him going.

Fergus52
04-08-2015, 01:44 PM

Clubs scout, enquire, and hold contract negotiations with many players every window that dont come through.

PatHead
04-08-2015, 01:47 PM

I'll make sure I amn't in Dalkeith at the time and you better stay away from the Police Station. :greengrin

brog
04-08-2015, 01:52 PM
If Malonga's attitude & workrate matched his ability he could be playing at a very high level. He was always going to be in the shop window here & while I'd be sorry to see him go I think we have to be realistic in this case. I'm sure AS was thinking of this when he signed Keatings & Boyle but we only have Farid as a hold up player to allow the other strikers to play off him so I'm sure he is looking at other options. Don't want to jump the gun here but this rumour seems credible & again possibly reflects the new thinking at the club, ie look for replacements before selling, don't just sell!

matty_f
04-08-2015, 01:59 PM
I'd be happy with Malonga leaving if it meant we could bring in Mcgeouch.

NAE NOOKIE
04-08-2015, 02:02 PM
Stevie May? 

Nae chance.................. I'll wet my Hibs shorts I don't own if that happens, in fact I'll buy a pair just so I can :greengrin

hibees 7062
04-08-2015, 02:08 PM

http://i52.tinypic.com/1z1h203.jpg (http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRxqFQoTCKPu5oHNj8cCFQpVFAodBE4LzA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgifaday.blogspot.com%2F2011%2F10% 2Fdinner-for-schmucks-hmmmm-gif.html&ei=PsfAVaPXH4qqUYScreAM&bvm=bv.99261572,d.d24&psig=AFQjCNF9ucm7eMr_V_eHq2O8Jx2caO_Sjg&ust=1438783672931881)

Pedantic_Hibee
04-08-2015, 02:14 PM
I love Malonga.

woodythehibee
04-08-2015, 02:16 PM
There has been no offer for Malonga. Absolute nonsense.

Fergus52
04-08-2015, 02:18 PM
There has been no offer for Malonga. Absolute nonsense.

You know that for a fact, 100%?

Source?

Andy74
04-08-2015, 02:21 PM
I love Malonga.

Me too. No idea why we would be happy to lose one of our better players. He might not be perfect but we are unlikely to be able to replace him with a perfect player.

The attitude and effort comments are just based on his style. I don't think he is not trying.

We play much better with him in the team.

woodythehibee
04-08-2015, 02:22 PM
You know that for a fact, 100%?

Source?
100%

Theinsider
04-08-2015, 02:23 PM
source?

matty_f
04-08-2015, 02:24 PM
Me too. No idea why we would be happy to lose one of our better players. He might not be perfect but we are unlikely to be able to replace him with a perfect player.

The attitude and effort comments are just based on his style. I don't think he is not trying.

I like him as well, I'm not convinced we play better with him in the side. The few times we saw Farid alongside Jason made me think they were a more effective partnership.

Keeping Malonga would be preferable, but if his sale meant we could get McGeouch, then I'd take that trade.

If we can get McGeouch and keep Malonga, all the better.

J-C
04-08-2015, 02:24 PM
100%

Just repeating 100% what Fergus posted is not a source ?

Iggy Pope
04-08-2015, 02:29 PM

I agree about 90% with this.
The 10% is the part that has me pissing myself every time he screws something up to be followed by an agonising rub of his thigh and a painful limp with a signal to the bench.

He got sent off at Alloa last season with a bit of (very) reluctant retaliation. Goodness knows who noticed.

No question of his ability to play football though. No question.

BSEJVT
04-08-2015, 02:36 PM
I too love Malonga and would keep him and I have no doubt we are far better with him in the side.

He is completely different to anyone else on the books and may even be more valuable to us in the SPL (when we need to hold onto the ball) than in this division.

Hibs net is a funny place though!

I have noted a couple of posters above saying they would let him go if we could get McGeouch?

Whilst I would like us to have McGeouch, it wouldn't be at the expense of Malonga and even if Malonga had to go I wouldn't be replacing him with McGeouch but another striker.

Have we learned nothing from Fenlon's surfeit of defensive midfielders and sod all else anywhere else in the squad?

The team like the squad needs balance, quite how we could consider selling one of our only 2 currently fit (ish) strikers and replacing him in the squad with someone for an area we are well covered in just baffles me.

hibs#1
04-08-2015, 02:39 PM
Tony watt?

eastmainsmsh
04-08-2015, 02:40 PM
Francis Jeffers lol

woodythehibee
04-08-2015, 02:42 PM
Just repeating 100% what Fergus posted is not a source ?
The boy who posted it is at the wind up. No Serie A club has offered for Dom

J-C
04-08-2015, 02:45 PM
I too love Malonga and would keep him and I have no doubt we are far better with him in the side.

He is completely different to anyone else on the books and may even be more valuable to us in the SPL (when we need to hold onto the ball) than in this division.

Hibs net is a funny place though!

I have noted a couple of posters above saying they would let him go if we could get McGeouch?

Whilst I would like us to have McGeouch, it wouldn't be at the expense of Malonga and even if Malonga had to go I wouldn't be replacing him with McGeouch but another striker.

Have we learned nothing from Fenlon's surfeit of defensive midfielders and sod all else anywhere else in the squad?

The team like the squad needs balance, quite how we could consider selling one of our only 2 currently fit (ish) strikers and replacing him in the squad with someone for an area we are well covered in just baffles me.

McGeouch is not a defensive midfielder, we have only one Bartley. Other than that we have Allan, McGinn and Stanton who looks like he will not be good enough as our main central midfield for the coming season.

Malonga came with decent CV and looks at times very good, probably too good for us at times but if Stubbs has another striker lined up as has been suggested then we should trust him to do what he feels best.

J-C
04-08-2015, 02:48 PM

Then if you know this for a fact where or who is your source, we can all come on here and just say this that and the other is talking bollocks without proving why they're talking bollocks.

This is a rumours thread and he posted a rumour, if it turns out the rumour to be naff, then anything else he posts will be taken with a pinch of salt.

hibees 7062
04-08-2015, 02:51 PM
http://transfernewscentral.com/…/jamie-insall-joins-hibs-o…/ (http://transfernewscentral.com/2015/08/03/jamie-insall-joins-hibs-on-trial/)

Insall still here

BSEJVT
04-08-2015, 02:53 PM
McGeouch is not a defensive midfielder, we have only one Bartley. Other than that we have Allan, McGinn and Stanton who looks like he will not be good enough as our main central midfield for the coming season.

Malonga came with decent CV and looks at times very good, probably too good for us at times but if Stubbs has another striker lined up as has been suggested then we should trust him to do what he feels best.

Who said McGeouch was a DM?

My point is swapping a striker for yet another midfielder when we only have one fit striker at present makes no sense.

If Malonga has to go, then I have said he should be replaced by another striker.

I am not sure where your point differs from mine?

J-C
04-08-2015, 02:58 PM
Who said McGeouch was a DM?

My point is swapping a striker for yet another midfielder when we only have one fit striker at present makes no sense.

If Malonga has to go, then I have said he should be replaced by another striker.

I am not sure where your point differs from mine?

You did...Whilst I would like us to have McGeouch, it wouldn't be at the expense of Malonga and even if Malonga had to go I wouldn't be replacing him with McGeouch but another striker.

But we are not well cover in midfield.
Allan
Fyvie
McGinn
Stanton ( probably not good enough )
Bartley ( a DM rather than a midfielder )

Add in any injuries and/or suspensions and we will struggle, whereas strikers we have Cummings, Farid, Malonga, Keatings all vying for just 2 maybe even one place in the team depending on what system we use.

hibs#1
04-08-2015, 02:58 PM
http://transfernewscentral.com/…/jamie-insall-joins-hibs-o…/ (http://transfernewscentral.com/2015/08/03/jamie-insall-joins-hibs-on-trial/)

Insall still here
Think it's a good idea to do a good bit of scouting in the English non leagues,a few decent players have stepped up from there ie Charlie austin and others

Jim44
04-08-2015, 02:59 PM

Insall still here

......... his temperament could be an issue with frustration sometimes getting the better of the forward, proven when he fractured an opponents jaw in .........

Now that's what you call a real striker.

Kojock
04-08-2015, 03:00 PM
Then if you know this for a fact where or who is your source, we can all come on here and just say this that and the other is talking bollocks without proving why they're talking bollocks.

This is a rumours thread and he posted a rumour, if it turns out the rumour to be naff, then anything else he posts will be taken with a pinch of salt.

Why would the person reveal his source ?? naming them on a public message board is one way to make sure you never get any info ever again.

Why are you not asking the person who posted the information to name their source ??

woodythehibee
04-08-2015, 03:00 PM

It's not even a rumour though, it's a fictional story made up for some strange reason.

Don't think anyone would be daft enough to reveal a source. You can thank me when it turns out to be utter nonsense.

Mcpakeisgod
04-08-2015, 03:01 PM

Bunch of chookters out that way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-C
04-08-2015, 03:05 PM
Why would the person reveal his source ?? naming them on a public message board is one way to make sure you never get any info ever again.

Why are you not asking the person who posted to name the source of their info ??

Because like a lot of people I took it with a giant pinch of salt, there are only 3 people on this board I listen to when ITK rumour are concerned, the rest I treat the same way with that pinch of salt.

I never come on and say you are 100% wrong, that would suggest I know something about whatever has been said and have inside info.

BSEJVT
04-08-2015, 03:14 PM
You did...Whilst I would like us to have McGeouch, it wouldn't be at the expense of Malonga and even if Malonga had to go I wouldn't be replacing him with McGeouch but another striker.

But we are not well cover in midfield.
Allan
Fyvie
McGinn
Stanton ( probably not good enough )
Bartley ( a DM rather than a midfielder )

Add in any injuries and/or suspensions and we will struggle, whereas strikers we have Cummings, Farid, Malonga, Keatings all vying for just 2 maybe even one place in the team depending on what system we use.

Its no big deal but that's not what my quote said at all, I can understand how you may have misinterpreted what was said that way but I know enough about football not to class McGeouch as a DM!

My point was having one area of the pitch over covered at the expense of another is stupid.

If Malonga goes (and bear in mind he starts virtually every game he is fit for) we have 4 players ( if you include Lewis Allan) to cover 2 places

In midfield we have in addition to those you have named

Scott Martin

Danny Carmichael

Martin Boyle

Alex Harris

I get that Boyle & Harris may not be considered central midfielders, but even then we have IMO far more midfield cover than we do Striker

Farid's participation over the course of a season must be in question and IMO Keatings & Cummings look a pretty similar type of player.

The fact that we have got to this stage of the season with the players we have would tend to support the argument that Stubbs agrees we need that number of strikers, but as ever we will see

hibees 7062
04-08-2015, 03:28 PM
......... his temperament could be an issue with frustration sometimes getting the better of the forward, proven when he fractured an opponents jaw in .........

Now that's what you call a real striker.

His all round attitude was superb and he was not afraid to get stuck in physically and verbally,a nice bit of "attitude" but mixed with a high work and skill ethic.

They seem to like him down there . Maybe ready to tow the line , 12 goals in 4 games

Brooster
04-08-2015, 03:28 PM
If Malonga could just get out of reverse gear he could be a good player.

woodythehibee
04-08-2015, 03:30 PM

Why are you not asking the person who posted the information to name their source ??

:aok:

Billy Whizz
04-08-2015, 03:54 PM

So why would a Hibs fan come on here, and want to wind his own fans up?

woodythehibee
04-08-2015, 03:56 PM
You tell me? Bit strange.

Ronniekirk
04-08-2015, 04:02 PM
Because some folk are complaining about the lack of signings and rumours ,so someone might have thought I will just start one for a laugh and see what attention it gets ,and it certainly has got lots of attention .Not saying that's the case here but it's all I could think of Billy .:confused:

woodythehibee
04-08-2015, 04:05 PM
Because some folk are complaining about the lack of signings and rumours ,so someone might have thought I will just start one for a laugh and see what attention it gets ,and it certainly has got lots of attention .Not saying that's the case here but it's all I could think of Billy .:confused:

Probably. Some folk like attention, some folk want to see how far a rumour can go (whether it will make the papers etc).

Ozyhibby
04-08-2015, 04:18 PM
Maybe 500 miles is Lewis Stevenson and wanted a break from people complaining about him?

500miles
04-08-2015, 04:42 PM
Maybe some transfer news - even totally unfounded transfer rumours - would be nice, instead of the usual random crap from the usual random crapsters?

You're welcome.

Unseen work
04-08-2015, 04:45 PM
Anyone know what is happening with Rhys McCabe?

bill the hibby
04-08-2015, 04:52 PM

Was posted on the fans news page on facebook that he's done enough to win a deal...take that with a pinch of salt though

Ronniekirk
04-08-2015, 04:55 PM

Am sure someone on this thread posted recently hibs had decided not to offer him a contract but not seen that confirmed anywhere else ,and don't think anyone else confirmed that was there understanding . not mutch help I know .

Ronniekirk
04-08-2015, 05:05 PM

It was post 4889 , the source quoted was someone on the hibees bounce said it But knew I had seen it somewhere .So if any ITK posters have heard ,l would be good to know if he is al least still training with us

Diclonius
04-08-2015, 05:05 PM

McCabe is expected to sign a contract this week. He will also not be offered a contract.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-08-2015, 05:16 PM
This thread is effed up!

scoopyboy
04-08-2015, 05:20 PM
This thread is effed up!

Most accurate post I've read today.

lord bunberry
04-08-2015, 05:30 PM
This thread is effed up!

If you don't mind I'll take that with a pinch of salt

bill the hibby
04-08-2015, 05:37 PM
Think one of the admins needs to grip this thread by the balls and get it back on track, transfer talk only and create a seperate thread for random crap.

matty_f
04-08-2015, 05:38 PM
Think one of the admins needs to grip this thread by the balls and get it back on track, transfer talk only and create a seperate thread for random crap.

Or folk could just take a bit of responsibility for what they're posting...

bill the hibby
04-08-2015, 05:40 PM
Or folk could just take a bit of responsibility for what they're posting...

That would also help :greengrin

Hank Schrader
04-08-2015, 05:42 PM
McCabe is expected to sign a contract this week. He will also not be offered a contract.

:tee hee:

offshorehibby
04-08-2015, 05:46 PM
Reports of a 3rd bid from huns

Luke Shanley ‏@LukeShanley 4m4 minutes ago
Rangers have made a 3rd bid for Hibernian midfielder Scott Allan.

Sky Sports Scotland ‏@ScotlandSky 8m8 minutes ago
SCOTT ALLAN LATEST:
Sky Sources understand Rangers have made a third bid for Hibernian midfielder Scott Allan

high bee
04-08-2015, 05:48 PM
Reports of a 3rd bid from huns

Luke Shanley ‏@LukeShanley 4m4 minutes ago
Rangers have made a 3rd bid for Hibernian midfielder Scott Allan.

Sky Sports Scotland ‏@ScotlandSky 8m8 minutes ago
SCOTT ALLAN LATEST:
Sky Sources understand Rangers have made a third bid for Hibernian midfielder Scott Allan

Let me guess it's a £1.5million bid. £90k upfront and 1.41million if they win the champions league within 3 years.

Cod Boy
04-08-2015, 05:49 PM
How much have they offered this time

mike1875
04-08-2015, 05:55 PM
How much have they offered this time

someone on twitter saying 325k with 250k upfront

no thanks

HNA7
04-08-2015, 06:39 PM
Can we keep this on track please or some people will be taking the rest of the week off from hibs.net.

Complaints about being "banned for nothing" will be completely ignored.

GreenArmyyy!
04-08-2015, 07:04 PM
They really are starting to do my head in, no doubt another bid will come in on the run up to the game at Ibrox.

Springbank
04-08-2015, 07:43 PM
The worst of the storm has passed with rangers

Now each bid only galvanises Hibs and our fans a little bit more, while at the same time exposing how skint dave King is.

His off the radar wealth seemingly amounts to less than the cost of a bungalow in Musselburgh

oneone73
04-08-2015, 07:51 PM
The worst of the storm has passed with rangers

Now each bid only galvanises Hibs and our fans a little bit more, while at the same time exposing how skint dave King is.

His off the radar wealth seemingly amounts to less than the cost of a bungalow in Musselburgh

He needn't bother. We don't want the likes of him in Musselburgh. We'd lose the right to call the place the Honest Toun.

SMAXXA
04-08-2015, 11:09 PM
We are still trying hard to get Dylan. Also hearing there's interest from Wigan for Scott Allan. Seemingly his attitude has been poor at training and really doesn't want to be at hibs.

Big_Franck
04-08-2015, 11:27 PM
We are still trying hard to get Dylan. Also hearing there's interest from Wigan for Scott Allan. Seemingly his attitude has been poor at training and really doesn't want to be at hibs.

So the new rangers pay a few hundred grand to Wigan for 3 players and then Wigan use that money to sign the one player rangers REALLY want? As much as I don't want to lose him part of me would find that funny.

Would be delighted if we could get McGeouch on a permanent deal. He'd be a big player for us IMO.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
04-08-2015, 11:31 PM
We are still trying hard to get Dylann. Also hearing there's interest from Wigan for Scott Allan. Seemingly his attitude has been poor at training and really doesn't want to be at hibs.

Good.

Ronniekirk
04-08-2015, 11:33 PM
So the new rangers pay a few hundred grand to Wigan for 3 players and then Wigan use that money to sign the one player rangers REALLY want? As much as I don't want to lose him part of me would find that funny.

Would be delighted if we could get McGeouch on a permanent deal. He'd be a big player for us IMO.

you wouldn't find it funny if Wigan lent him straight back to Rangers :confused: just a thought

TheFamous1875
05-08-2015, 12:17 AM

If true, and if he can't get over it, I don't want him to be at Hibs either.

high bee
05-08-2015, 02:09 AM
you wouldn't find it funny if Wigan lent him straight back to Rangers :confused: just a thought

Wasn't it Wigan that bought the Hearts guy and loaned him to rangers when Hearts wouldn't sell to Rangers?

Beefster
05-08-2015, 05:14 AM

Given Wigan's previous on helping Rangers with Webster and the number of players Rangers have already taken from them this summer, if Allan ends up at Wigan I hope Hibs put a clause in the deal that he can't be passed onto Rangers until at least next summer.

liamh2202
05-08-2015, 06:06 AM
Given Wigan's previous on helping Rangers with Webster and the number of players Rangers have already taken from them this summer, if Allan ends up at Wigan I hope Hibs put a clause in the deal that he can't be passed onto Rangers until at least next summer.

Did the registration rules not change after that to say a max of 2 clubs per season?

LancsHibs
05-08-2015, 06:26 AM
Did the registration rules not change after that to say a max of 2 clubs per season?

That could be in the same country so if Wigan did loan him to the Rangers that would be 2 in Scorland and 1 in England so ok??

Bayern Bru
05-08-2015, 06:50 AM
Says he signed with reading till end of season so don't know if now a free agent .Some debate about his age but says 32, and he has travelled about a bit in last few seasons But again wages would be huge drop .

My original post was several yards south of serious :wink:

My_Wife_Camille
05-08-2015, 07:18 AM
Don't think so, Matt Kennedy was at Hibs, Everton and Cardiff last season. Just guesswork by me but I'd say either is doesn't apply to cross border transfers or it means that he could only actually play for two clubs but also able to be registered with a third.

mjhibby
05-08-2015, 07:23 AM

Most people who are itk will keep it exactly that or they wont be itk for much longer.Best to treat any rumours as that,rumours,and once something is announced we will know.The amount of nonsense written about scott allan is unbelievable.He isnt going to rangers and if any other team did bid im sure the weedgie press would be onto that story in a flash.I wish someone would have a word in dave kings ear and tell him he is making a twat of himself as is his club.Just another 26 days of made up stories to go this window.Tiresome to put it mildly.

J-C
05-08-2015, 07:46 AM

Why would Allan want to go to Wigan? League 1 team and going nowhere fast.

Springbank
05-08-2015, 07:55 AM
I'd rather win the league with Hibs and come to Gordon Strachan's attention

Brightside
05-08-2015, 08:44 AM
Just on the Allan training issue front. Im told from two people involved in training that his level is exactly the same as its always been and he is getting on well in the changing room. NO ISSUES.

flash
05-08-2015, 08:54 AM
Just on the Allan training issue front. Im told from two people involved in training that his level is exactly the same as its always been and he is getting on well in the changing room. NO ISSUES.

Good. He starts on Saturday then.

cam75
05-08-2015, 08:58 AM
Bbc gossip says Rotherham 400k bid for SA?
GGTTH

bill the hibby
05-08-2015, 09:17 AM
Bbc gossip says Rotherham 400k bid for SA?
GGTTH

Supposedly hibs are keen on Dominique malonga too, never heard of him

FranckSuzy
05-08-2015, 09:39 AM

Baldy Foghorn
05-08-2015, 09:40 AM

Good news.....:aok:

Never ceases to amaze me how stories grow arms and legs......

Lago
05-08-2015, 09:45 AM
Good news.....:aok:

Never ceases to amaze me how stories grow arms and legs......
And that as they say is why they are called rumours. :greengrin

brog
05-08-2015, 09:55 AM

You beat me to it! Fits 100% with my info.

Lomondhibs
05-08-2015, 10:11 AM
Hibs ready to snap up striker Jamie Insall after successful trial ?

Nevi_SOL
05-08-2015, 10:14 AM

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-ready-snap-up-striker-6196125

Brightside
05-08-2015, 10:15 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-ready-snap-up-striker-6196125

He'd only just signed with a team down south... they'll love this over there <<<<<<<<<<<

Baldy Foghorn
05-08-2015, 10:17 AM
And that as they say is why they are called rumours. :greengrin

Scaremongering in some cases

J-C
05-08-2015, 10:19 AM

I know Farid is injured and Keatings is now back training but do we really need another striker :confused:

CallumLaidlaw
05-08-2015, 10:24 AM
He'd only just signed with a team down south... they'll love this over there <<<<<<<<<<<

Only registered with them rather than tied to a contract

calumhibee1
05-08-2015, 10:27 AM
Presume nobody has seen this guy play?

MKHIBEE
05-08-2015, 10:28 AM
Young lad who scores plenty of goals but at a low level, could be anything at this level

calumhibee1
05-08-2015, 10:32 AM
Young lad who scores plenty of goals but at a low level, could be anything at this level

I reckon the league he's coming from is probably similar standard to top end League 1 up here and maybe the part time teams in our league? Anyone know what the standard down there is like?

scoopyboy
05-08-2015, 10:37 AM
I know Farid is injured and Keatings is now back training but do we really need another striker :confused:

I would say yes.

If JC gets injured or turns ill at the weekend we have no strikers.

It won't be a huge financial gamble.

scoopyboy
05-08-2015, 10:38 AM
Presume nobody has seen this guy play?

A few guys on here saw him play on Friday at East Mains.

J-C
05-08-2015, 10:43 AM
I would say yes.

Is Dom still injured and what's the score re Farid, will he ever be fit?

theonlywayisup
05-08-2015, 10:45 AM

Looks as if he is a 'Dean Windass' type of player.

Vault Boy
05-08-2015, 10:45 AM
Is Dom still injured and what's the score re Farid, will he ever be fit?

Dom is still out but won't be too far away from full training.

worcesterhibby
05-08-2015, 10:52 AM
Jamie Insall is a Worcester lad. Scored a crazy amount of goals a couple of years ago for some local teams..seem to remember 3 hat-tricks in 3 matches. Has played for lots of local teams, but at a very low level..Pershore Town, Littleton, WCT raiders. I Think he is playing for Stourbridge at the moment. He's quite small but tough, got charged for punching someone and breaking their jaw in match a couple of years ago.

J-C
05-08-2015, 10:53 AM
Dom is still out but won't be too far away from full training.

Thomson
05-08-2015, 10:59 AM
Hibs News ‏@HibsNews1875 (https://twitter.com/HibsNews1875) 4m4 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/HibsNews1875/status/628881719119224832)
Jamie Insall scored 67 goals in 2012. In 2013, he scored four Hat Tricks in consecutive games.He scored 30 goals last season.

:thumbsup:

Brightside
05-08-2015, 11:03 AM
I would say yes.

he'll be signed up on buttons tbh.

Lomondhibs
05-08-2015, 11:04 AM
Jamie Insall is a Worcester lad. Scored a crazy amount of goals a couple of years ago for some local teams..seem to remember 3 hat-tricks in 3 matches. Has played for lots of local teams, but at a very low level..Pershore Town, Littleton, WCT raiders. I Think he is playing for Stourbridge at the moment. He's quite small but tough, got charged for punching someone and breaking their jaw in match a couple of years ago.
Do you think he would be punching above his weight if he came to hibs

Haymaker
05-08-2015, 11:07 AM
Jamie Vardy springs to mind. Non-league to international in a short space of time.

worcesterhibby
05-08-2015, 11:08 AM
Do you think he would be punching above his weight if he came to hibs

Lol..very good. I have no idea how he would cope for Hibs..the standard is pretty crap at the level he has played, but then his team mates are pretty crap too and yet he still scores bucket loads. He would cost us nothing in wages and might be worth a gamble. I've never actually seen him play I don't think...I watch quite a few local games so may have and never even knew he was playing.

The part of Worcester he comes from is the crap, rough part..so Leith will be like Monte Carlo for him ! :greengrin

J-C
05-08-2015, 11:12 AM
he'll be signed up on buttons tbh.

There is that too, worth a punt and a bit like the Oin Doyle scenario a couple years ago, sign for pennies and see how it goes.

HH81
05-08-2015, 11:19 AM
Jamie Vardy springs to mind. Non-league to international in a short space of time.

Watched him play at Halifax. Decent player. He was down to a bad attitude until he got a grip.

hibees 7062
05-08-2015, 11:30 AM

4 in 4

worcesterhibby
05-08-2015, 12:04 PM
4 in 4

apologies, the Worcester Evening News is about as well produced at the Edinburgh Evening News so I get most of my info from chats down the pub. I tend to find badly educated, drunken locals report more accurately than journos !! but this time I was obviously misled :greengrin

Unseen work
05-08-2015, 12:17 PM
Good to see were going for players like insall. Hopefully he breaks through.

Hope McCabe signs.

Watson has others offers

bill the hibby
05-08-2015, 12:28 PM
I agree think it would be worth taking the chance on insall...players like Charlie Austin, jamie vardy etc all came from non-league clubs before they broke on to the scene

worcesterhibby
05-08-2015, 12:40 PM
If Insall signs we need to call him 'The Ronkswood Messi" he'll love it

Smartie
05-08-2015, 01:05 PM
If Insall signs we need to call him 'The Ronkswood Messi" he'll love it

What kind of level is it he's been playing at? Is it much better than pub league?

I am asking out of total ignorance, I know very little about what happens below the Football League in England. I know there is a "pyramid" and lots of leagues but I don't know much more than that. England is a big place, with a big population (certainly compared to Scotland) and I could find it perfectly believable that there could be teams I haven't even heard of (like the ones he's played for) who won't be a million miles off the likes of Alloa and Cowdenbeath (both of whom were in our division last year).

Who would be the biggest team in Worcester? Why is he not playing for them, and how much lower than that is he?

Brightside
05-08-2015, 01:11 PM
What kind of level is it he's been playing at? Is it much better than pub league?

I am asking out of total ignorance, I know very little about what happens below the Football League in England. I know there is a "pyramid" and lots of leagues but I don't know much more than that. England is a big place, with a big population (certainly compared to Scotland) and I could find it perfectly believable that there could be teams I haven't even heard of (like the ones he's played for) who won't be a million miles off the liked of Alloa and Cowdenbeath (both of whom were in our division last year).

Who would be the biggest team in Worcester? Why is he not playing for them, and how much lower than that is he?

The level is honking. Its a punt based on his play in the dev game. It will cost us almost nothing. Worth a go. But no expectations at all.

dangermouse
05-08-2015, 01:23 PM
The level is honking. Its a punt based on his play in the dev game. It will cost us almost nothing. Worth a go. But no expectations at all.

The new Hakim Sar-Temsoury?

Smartie
05-08-2015, 01:35 PM
We've signed players in the past from Deveronvale, Dundee North End and Institute who have gone on do do very well for us indeed.

I'm happy to see him given a chance.

And let's not forget that Alan O'Brien, Colin Murdock and Joe Keenan had managed to get on the books of Newcastle, Man Utd and Chelsea.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-08-2015, 01:46 PM
Sergey might be the man for info re that level of football down south, although he seems to have gone AWOL recently. :-)

Craig_HFC
05-08-2015, 02:21 PM
Sergey might be the man for info re that level of football down south, although he seems to have gone AWOL recently. :-)

Apart from starting horrendous & pointless threads on the PM board that shows he hopes one of our players has a crap season so that he is proven right.

Stevie Reid
05-08-2015, 02:46 PM
Perfectly happy for Hibs to take a punt on him. If ever gets involved, and his movement is good enough, he obviously knows how to finish.

CyberSauzee
05-08-2015, 02:57 PM

Although you could ask me as that's what Sergey does :wink:

To give you an idea of the standard of the Northern, Southern and Isthmian (Ryman) Premier Leagues. Northern and Ryman generally considered stronger than the Southern due to the more concentration of 'talent' and League clubs, making picking up 'cast-offs' a bit easier.

Having said that Charlie Austin at QPR was playing in the Southern Premier about 5/6 years ago. Interestingly for the same team as Allen O'Brien plays for now (Hungerford), so make of that what you will!

Last season Maidstone United (eventually champions of the Ryman, now conf south), signed Ben Greenhalgh (ttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Greenhalgh) from ICT. I spoke to him after one game about Yogi and life at ICT. He left because Yogi didn't fancy him, no falling out, just a mutual departing of the ways. Greenhalgh is good, but he was struggling to get a regular game for Maidstone, such was and still is there budget (2,200 per home game); they can attract players and pay decent money for 2 nights training per week and a game on Saturday. Margate were the same last season, getting Charlie Allen from League 2 Gillingham for a reported weekly wage of £1k.

There are several players in these leagues who are more than capable of playing at Conf Premier or League 2 level. I'm sorry to say that's the level the Cabbage are at currently, so picking up players from these levels, or at least giving them a try, makes perfect sense.

The team I've been involved with in the past, Enfield Town, have one player who have been watched by Southend and Luton the past season; another young player at Enfield is being watched by Norwich City (got talking to Norwich scout as he had a Hibs training top on - but that's another story). Bobby Devyne at Enfield is an ex Chelsea Academy player, fell out of love with the game after being emptied, came into the team in January and scored 10 in 18 games, helping Enfield to the play-offs (again, another story about why they didn't play in the play-off semi).

Ex-Hibby Chris Hogg is also now playing at this level having helped Needham Market to promotion to the Ryman Premier last season.

So overall there are some very good players around these leagues in the 20-23 age range, who League 2 and Conf Premier clubs are looking at, and who wouldn't look out of place in a Hibs jersey, never mind half the teams in the SPL.

Iggy Pope
05-08-2015, 03:13 PM

To give you an idea of the standard of the Northern, Southern and Isthmian (Ryman) Premier Leagues. Northern and Ryman generally considered stronger than the Southern due to the more concentration of 'talent' and League clubs, making picking up 'cast-offs' a bit easier.

Having said that Charlie Austin at QPR was playing in the Southern Premier about 5/6 years ago. Interestingly for the same team as Allen O'Brien plays for now (Hungerford), so make of that what you will!

Last season Maidstone United (eventually champions of the Ryman, now conf south), signed Ben Greenhalgh (ttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Greenhalgh) from ICT. I spoke to him after one game about Yogi and life at ICT. He left because Yogi didn't fancy him, no falling out, just a mutual departing of the ways. Greenhalgh is good, but he was struggling to get a regular game for Maidstone, such was and still is there budget (2,200 per home game); they can attract players and pay decent money for 2 nights training per week and a game on Saturday. Margate were the same last season, getting Charlie Allen from League 2 Gillingham for a reported weekly wage of £1k.

There are several players in these leagues who are more than capable of playing at Conf Premier or League 2 level. I'm sorry to say that's the level the Cabbage are at currently, so picking up players from these levels, or at least giving them a try, makes perfect sense.

The team I've been involved with in the past, Enfield Town, have one player who have been watched by Southend and Luton the past season; another young player at Enfield is being watched by Norwich City (got talking to Norwich scout as he had a Hibs training top on - but that's another story). Bobby Devyne at Enfield is an ex Chelsea Academy player, fell out of love with the game after being emptied, came into the team in January and scored 10 in 18 games, helping Enfield to the play-offs (again, another story about why they didn't play in the play-off semi).

Ex-Hibby Chris Hogg is also now playing at this level having helped Needham Market to promotion to the Ryman Premier last season.

So overall there are some very good players around these leagues in the 20-23 age range, who League 2 and Conf Premier clubs are looking at, and who wouldn't look out of place in a Hibs jersey, never mind half the teams in the SPL.

An informative post. At last.

calumhibee1
05-08-2015, 03:21 PM

So would it be safe to say that these teams are probably on par with Alloa, Cowdenbeath, top end of League 1 in Scotland etc?

Smartie
05-08-2015, 03:26 PM

Very informative indeed.

Cheers. :thumbsup:

Pedantic_Hibee
05-08-2015, 03:27 PM

Yes yes, but can you cook scallops?

CyberSauzee
05-08-2015, 03:33 PM
So would it be safe to say that these teams are probably on par with Alloa, Cowdenbeath, top end of League 1 in Scotland etc?

Not quite top of League 1, more bottom of League 1 moving into League 2.

If you look at the attendances that can give you a rough guide to what clubs can pay players at all levels and therefore where they can compete (when there's no TV money involved). In Ryman Prem last season Maidstone were way out in front in terms of their budget, but a team like Dulwich Hamlet (the hipsters' favourite) averaged over 1k last season. So some teams could compete a bit higher up, especially the like of Dulwich, who have an excellent manager in Gavin Rose and is more than willing to use the output from their excellent Academy.

For comparisons:

1 Maidstone United 1,846
2 Dulwich Hamlet 1,070
3 Margate 683
4 Lewes 503
5 Tonbridge Angels 461
6 Bognor Regis Town 414
7 Enfield Town 402

Here's Scot L2 avgs for last season:

http://uk.soccerway.com/national/scotland/third-division/20142015/regular-season/r25303/

CyberSauzee
05-08-2015, 03:56 PM
Thinking of Dulwich has just reminded me of a couple of examples of how good they are at progressing players.

Sergey a couple of years ago watched Dulwich v Lowestoft, the first game of the 13/14 season. Playing for Dulwich that day was 5'3" Erhun Oztumer, who has since moved to Peterborough. Later that season I remember when Dulwich played Enfield I got chatting to Oztumer's parents along with the Enfield reserve team manager. It turns out for someone so gifted he was not on a lot of money at Dulwich. Think he's from Stevenage/north Herts area so a move to Peterborough made sense.

Another Dulwich player who has just moved to Welling in the conf Prem is Xaviar Vidal. Excellent attacking midfielder who has been on trial at places like Bolton the past couple of years.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/sport/wings-snap-up-midfielder-38034/

Next player to leave Dulwich will probably be centre back/defensive mid Ethan Pinnock. Lots of clubs eyeing him up.

bill the hibby
05-08-2015, 04:07 PM
Surely taking a chance on the guy is worth it? Worst case scenario he isn't any better than what we have so will be moved on at the end of his contract, best case scenario gets his chance in the team and grabs it with both hands and scores a few goals for us.

worcesterhibby
05-08-2015, 05:11 PM

worcester City are the biggest team in Worcester although they actually play in Kidderminster now at Kiddi Harriers ground as they sold the ground in Worcester to developers.

The standard is quite poor, but if Im honest I alwYs find it difficult to judge the difference in standard between different leagues. We can speculate all we like but until he plays a few times for Hibs we won't know. The number of goals he has been scoring would suggest he is capable of playing at a higher standard. I also suspect 12 months of proper training and coaching and living the life of a professional rather than an amateur will either make him or break him.

time will tell

The_Horde
05-08-2015, 05:16 PM
worcester City are the biggest team in Worcester although they actually play in Kidderminster now at Kiddi Harriers ground as they sold the ground in Worcester to developers.

The standard is quite poor, but if Im honest I alwYs find it difficult to judge the difference in standard between different leagues. We can speculate all we like but until he plays a few times for Hibs we won't know. The number of goals he has been scoring would suggest he is capable of playing at a higher standard. I also suspect 12 months of proper training and coaching and living the life of a professional rather than an amateur will either make him or break him.

time will tell

Point well made. However..

Andy the bush man is saying it's a 4 year deal..

bingo70
05-08-2015, 05:27 PM
I'm not interested in what level he's playing at as going by his scoring record he's too good for that level.

In terms of the number of strikers we've got, it appears to me we need to budget for life without Farid, I like the guy but it appears fitness may always be an issue with him. If we've got a fifth choice striker that's not expecting to be first choice that could be a huge benefit to the squad. Ideally that would have been Lewis Allan but it looks like he's a year or two from being ready.

Greencore
05-08-2015, 05:35 PM
If Stubbs believes the player is good enough I will take his word for it.

hibees 7062
05-08-2015, 06:10 PM
If Stubbs believes the player is good enough I will take his word for it.

Exactly right :agree:

Ronniekirk
05-08-2015, 06:29 PM
I'm not interested in what level he's playing at as going by his scoring record he's too good for that level.

In terms of the number of strikers we've got, it appears to me we need to budget for life without Farid, I like the guy but it appears fitness may always be an issue with him. If we've got a fifth choice striker that's not expecting to be first choice that could be a huge benefit to the squad. Ideally that would have been Lewis Allan but it looks like he's a year or two from being ready.

Both the new guy and Lewis Allan are nothing more than Potential for the future No one really knows if either will make it ,but part of Stubbs and his teams remit ,was to bridge the gap between academy and first team ,so at present staff clearly feel they are players worth investing in . Its further down the line that hopefully we reap the benefit .

brog
05-08-2015, 07:28 PM

Great stuff bud! Sorry we won't see the mighty Cray again this year but maybe take in a conference game at Bromley!

Greencore
05-08-2015, 08:00 PM
Hibs could add Dundee United forward Aidan Connolly to their squad with a possible loan deal involving Alex Harris moving in the opposite direction being considered by the club.

Connolly, a Scotland under 19 international, has struggled to hold down a first team spot at Tannadice following his move from Queens Park in 2013 and the Arabs are willing to let him leave in order to gain more first team experience.

Harris, another international at under 19 level, has struggled to recapture the form which saw him burst onto the Scottish scene in 2013/14 following an injury sustained in the opening game of the following season saw him ruled out of action for around six months.

He is a player familiar with the Tayside footballing scene after spending the latter part of last season on loan to United's bitter rivals Dundee in a move which saw Martin Boyle arrive at Easter Road in a reciprocal agreement.

It looks like a similar arrangement could soon be made with Jackie McNamara for Connolly who spent some time on loan at Brechin City earlier in his Tangerines career.

Despite making many close season signings, Hibs gaffer Alan Stubbs is yet to be able to field a full strength side due to niggling injuries and summer arrivals Dan Carmichael, James Keatings and Boyle, on a permanent deal, have yet to feature in any shape or form.

Concerns over Farid El Alagui's long term fitness recovery has seen Stubbs chase other targets in a bid to strengthen his attack having been left with only Jason Cummings to choose from as a recognised striker before last weekend's League Cup tie against Montrose.

Unproven 22 year old English forward Jamie Insall is due to complete his medical before joining the club but with Dom Malonga still a doubt ahead of Saturday's opening league encounter against Dumbarton, the sparse striking options are becoming a concern to all at Easter Road.

Read more: http://www.hibs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=407896#ixzz3hyMpXpdI

http://www.hibs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=407896

brog
05-08-2015, 08:19 PM
Hibs could add Dundee United forward Aidan Connolly to their squad with a possible loan deal involving Alex Harris moving in the opposite direction being considered by the club.

Connolly, a Scotland under 19 international, has struggled to hold down a first team spot at Tannadice following his move from Queens Park in 2013 and the Arabs are willing to let him leave in order to gain more first team experience.

Harris, another international at under 19 level, has struggled to recapture the form which saw him burst onto the Scottish scene in 2013/14 following an injury sustained in the opening game of the following season saw him ruled out of action for around six months.

He is a player familiar with the Tayside footballing scene after spending the latter part of last season on loan to United's bitter rivals Dundee in a move which saw Martin Boyle arrive at Easter Road in a reciprocal agreement.

It looks like a similar arrangement could soon be made with Jackie McNamara for Connolly who spent some time on loan at Brechin City earlier in his Tangerines career.

Despite making many close season signings, Hibs gaffer Alan Stubbs is yet to be able to field a full strength side due to niggling injuries and summer arrivals Dan Carmichael, James Keatings and Boyle, on a permanent deal, have yet to feature in any shape or form.

Concerns over Farid El Alagui's long term fitness recovery has seen Stubbs chase other targets in a bid to strengthen his attack having been left with only Jason Cummings to choose from as a recognised striker before last weekend's League Cup tie against Montrose.

Unproven 22 year old English forward Jamie Insall is due to complete his medical before joining the club but with Dom Malonga still a doubt ahead of Saturday's opening league encounter against Dumbarton, the sparse striking options are becoming a concern to all at Easter Road.

Read more: http://www.hibs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=407896#ixzz3hyMpXpdI

Interesting, looks like a no lose deal for us along the lines of Boyle last season. I'm always intrigued however, this rumour appeared on here a while back, did our rumour spark this article or will this article inspire belief in our rumour? Has a player ever been signed because of a rumour that started on a fans' forum & is Dave King a hologram? Separately, love the thought of Jamie Install signing, another no lose situation & potentially could be anything. Also if he plays up front with Jason it looks like JC could be the sensible one of that pairing, that takes some doing!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-08-2015, 08:31 PM
Keith Watson training with Aberdeen. Looks like he wont be returning back to us then.

LancsHibs
05-08-2015, 08:39 PM

Is he any better than Stanton or Harris?

S4uzee
05-08-2015, 08:39 PM
Keith Watson training with Aberdeen. Looks like he wont be returning back to us then.

But you said on Sunday he was to be announced on Monday?

JimBHibees
05-08-2015, 08:41 PM

Little I have seen think he is.

LancsHibs
05-08-2015, 08:41 PM

Can't say I was overly excited about KW joining us but he would have provided badly needed cover in the defence, I assume Stubbsy has somebody else lined up!

bingo70
05-08-2015, 08:43 PM

I've no idea but I think Harris in particular offered so little last season Its a risk worth taking.

Stanton I'd be more tempted to give another chance this season.

cmcd
05-08-2015, 08:47 PM

Who told you SA has a poor attitude ?

O'Rourke3
05-08-2015, 08:54 PM

time will tell
How long have Worcester been playing at Tynie or did I missread?

IberianHibernian
05-08-2015, 08:58 PM
I've no idea but I think Harris in particular offered so little last season Its a risk worth taking.

Stanton I'd be more tempted to give another chance this season.Harris was only with us till Christmas last year then played quite a lot at a higher level than us so obviously made less impression than he would have in a whole season . New loan for Harris might be good for player and both clubs, for us if he comes back better and plays regularly or gets a good transfer fee .

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-08-2015, 08:59 PM
But you said on Sunday he was to be announced on Monday?

Just going by what reliable folk on here were telling me. Wasn't just me though 😴

Ronniekirk
05-08-2015, 10:09 PM
He was holding out for a two year deal ,and initially hibs were seemingly only offe ring him a one year deal .The other day someone mentioned he had options so if he is now on trial at Aberdeen ,we must of got him fit and then he has decided to see if he can win himself a deal with one of his other options .
we do need cover with Foster out so if he is away I would assume we must have other options as we wouldn't put all our eggs in one basket .
On the other hand he may go on trial elsewhere and may not get a deal there ? Time will tell

J-C
05-08-2015, 11:16 PM

Farid's fitness for me is a worry, it was a bad injury and I wonder if he came back too soon and it's never really healed properly, Stubbs has spoken about Carmichael and Keatings returning to training but as yet nothing re Alagui.

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-08-2015, 11:18 PM

I take it the lad is currently playing part time then yeah?

S4uzee
05-08-2015, 11:25 PM
Farid's fitness for me is a worry, it was a bad injury and I wonder if he came back too soon and it's never really healed properly, Stubbs has spoken about Carmichael and Keatings returning to training but as yet nothing re Alagui.

Same for me. I find it a bit strange he's never been mentioned

greenlex
06-08-2015, 02:31 AM
I thought Farid's injury was just a long standing knee tidy up and nothing to do with the Achilles injury?

TRC
06-08-2015, 04:42 AM
I thought Farid's injury was just a long standing knee tidy up and nothing to do with the Achilles injury?

Maybe they found something more when they did it? It is a strange one for sure.

Alex Trager
06-08-2015, 05:03 AM
Maybe they found something more when they did it? It is a strange one for sure.

Certainly what we have been told is its the knee

Hibeesmad
06-08-2015, 05:16 AM
I spoke to Farid at the Rangers game and he said that he hopes to be back towards the end of August

Beefster
06-08-2015, 05:28 AM
Just going by what reliable folk on here were telling me. Wasn't just me though 

Maybe no so reliable then.

In any event, there are way more 'take a punt based on rumours and a bit of guesswork folk' than 'reliable folk'.

Spike Mandela
06-08-2015, 06:18 AM
I spoke to Farid at the Rangers game and he said that he hopes to be back towards the end of August

Did he say which year?:cb

Unseen work
06-08-2015, 06:21 AM
He was holding out for a two year deal ,and initially hibs were seemingly only offe ring him a one year deal .The other day someone mentioned he had options so if he is now on trial at Aberdeen ,we must of got him fit and then he has decided to see if he can win himself a deal with one of his other options .
we do need cover with Foster out so if he is away I would assume we must have other options as we wouldn't put all our eggs in one basket .
On the other hand he may go on trial elsewhere and may not get a deal there ? Time will tell

I posted a couple of days ago he had options as I heard he was asked to train with aberdeen. Got a phone call on Tuesday asking him to go up

CRAZYHIBBY
06-08-2015, 07:32 AM

I get the feeling that we won't be seeing much of him this season

Blaster
06-08-2015, 07:37 AM
I get the feeling that we won't be seeing much of him this season

That's why we need another proven striker in. Malonga picks up the odd injury so need another one in

HH81
06-08-2015, 07:39 AM
That's why we need another proven striker in. Malonga picks up the odd injury so need another one in

Why not give the lad who signed yesterday a chance first?

Blaster
06-08-2015, 07:41 AM
Why not give the lad who signed yesterday a chance first?

Assuming he has signed I hope he does really well but we can't be relying on someone with his inexperience from day 1 surely

Ronniekirk
06-08-2015, 07:57 AM

He certainly isn't one who takes risks ,as soon as he feels a tweak that limp of his appears and he is looking to the bench and can look Lethargic. Womder if he has had a bad injury before that' makes him cautious ,or whether it's all in his head ,and if he isn't in the right mood any heavy challenge is enough to impact on his game .
It's a shame as on his day he offers something different and hevcan hold up ball well ,link up play, dribble past players ,and he has goals in him .

HH81
06-08-2015, 08:00 AM
Assuming he has signed I hope he does really well but we can't be relying on someone with his inexperience from day 1 surely

You wouldn't need to as we have Cummins and Keatings?

The_Horde
06-08-2015, 08:03 AM

And Boyle.

CyberSauzee
06-08-2015, 08:10 AM
I take it the lad is currently playing part time then yeah?

Yes, part time.

Looking at Insall's previous clubs, he's generally been playing 3 or 4 steps below the football pyramid to Stourbridge's current league. As an example, Bromyard Town, where he was at last season, are 4 steps below.

That's not to say he has ability. He obviously has and that's why Stubbs is looking at him up against far better players. At the levels Insall has been playing any outstanding performances will be noticed, especially if you have pace.

I'll trust in the judgement of Stubbs.

Blaster
06-08-2015, 08:17 AM

Still think we need a striker who would be able to hold the ball up for these strikers to feed off.

Billy Whizz
06-08-2015, 08:22 AM
Yes, part time.

Looking at Insall's previous clubs, he's generally been playing 3 or 4 steps below the football pyramid to Stourbridge's current league. As an example, Bromyard Town, where he was at last season, are 4 steps below.

That's not to say he has ability. He obviously has and that's why Stubbs is looking at him up against far better players. At the levels Insall has been playing any outstanding performances will be noticed, especially if you have pace.

I'll trust in the judgement of Stubbs.

It's not about the level you play at, but your ability. I'm happy for Stubbs to take a gamble if he thinks the lad can make it

Bostonhibby
06-08-2015, 08:29 AM
It's not about the level you play at, but your ability. I'm happy for Stubbs to take a gamble if he thinks the lad can make it

:agree:Am thinking about Ivan Sproule. Came from nowhere, but maybe with a point to prove or a desire to seize the chance? either way, that worked out fine.

Billy Whizz
06-08-2015, 08:30 AM
:agree:Am thinking about Ivan Sproule. Came from nowhere, but maybe with a point to prove or a desire to seize the chance? either way, that worked out fine.

Good comparison

JimBHibees
06-08-2015, 08:34 AM

I think that is the key point some of these guys are hungrier and have something to prove.

Bostonhibby
06-08-2015, 08:35 AM
Good comparison

Another man with an "allegiance" to the now defunct team formerly known as Glasgow rangers, just shows that you can achieve a bit more and maybe have some self respect as well if you broaden your horizons slightly:wink:

Ronniekirk
06-08-2015, 08:45 AM
Aberdeen have stated they won't be offering Kieth Watson a deal ,he is just Training with them just now as he is without a club Its on Hibs News 24/7 .

J-C
06-08-2015, 09:01 AM
Aberdeen have stated they won't be offering Kieth Watson a deal ,he is just Training with them just now as he is without a club Its on Hibs News 24/7 .

This probably puts to bed Watson getting a deal with us, why train at Aberdeen if he was getting a deal here he'd train here.

Scooter
06-08-2015, 09:04 AM
See the boy samson from killie has been released always thought he was a decent keeper

liamh2202
06-08-2015, 09:07 AM
See the boy samson from killie has been released always thought he was a decent keeper

Not as good as we have IMO. Bit of a bomb scare at times

S4uzee
06-08-2015, 09:12 AM

Glad you're not goalkeeping scout 😉

Nelly070
06-08-2015, 09:48 AM
He certainly isn't one who takes risks ,as soon as he feels a tweak that limp of his appears and he is looking to the bench and can look Lethargic. Womder if he has had a bad injury before that' makes him cautious ,or whether it's all in his head ,and if he isn't in the right mood any heavy challenge is enough to impact on his game .
It's a shame as on his day he offers something different and hevcan hold up ball well ,link up play, dribble past players ,and he has goals in him .

Seen Malonga this morning walking into East Mains when I was dropping my son off at the summer football camp, he had a very visible limp and didnt look too comfortable walking !

Brightside
06-08-2015, 09:54 AM
Seen Malonga this morning walking into East Mains when I was dropping my son off at the summer football camp, he had a very visible limp and didnt look too comfortable walking !

He walks with a limp almost all the time.

bill the hibby
06-08-2015, 09:59 AM
How long a deal did farid get when he joined? If we don't see him much this season is it fair to say he'll probably be away by the end of it?

Ronniekirk
06-08-2015, 10:01 AM

He is carrying a knock just now ,as he was played in the Rangers game when carrying a knock from training ,and this was aggravated by a tackle in rangers game .So Stubbs said he was out for up to 2 weeks ,so he could miss Dumbarton game .On the other hand he probably knows journos are sniffing about so he might just be putting it on :greengrin

CyberSauzee
06-08-2015, 10:45 AM

That's what I said. Happy to trust AS's judgement :confused:

woodythehibee
06-08-2015, 10:52 AM
How long a deal did farid get when he joined? If we don't see him much this season is it fair to say he'll probably be away by the end of it?

Sure it was a 2 year deal.

Ozyhibby
06-08-2015, 10:54 AM
Sure it was a 2 year deal.

It was and I think there is almost no chance he will get a new deal.

Brightside
06-08-2015, 11:05 AM
It was and I think there is almost no chance he will get a new deal.

Aye ok! So if he comes back and bangs in 15 goals we wont re-sign him? :confused:

God Petrie
06-08-2015, 11:16 AM
Aye ok! So if he comes back and bangs in 15 goals we wont re-sign him? :confused:

If he stays fit which seems unlikely

Ozyhibby
06-08-2015, 11:21 AM

Just my opinion. He has had two ops since he got here, only played 9 games and will be 30 years old. I could be wrong but I don't think he will be offered a new deal.

Thecat23
06-08-2015, 11:25 AM

His fitness really concerns me! The lad has talent that's clear as day but I'll be honest I've no idea if he will stay fit long enough to get a good run! If not I'd punt him.

3pm
06-08-2015, 12:02 PM
His fitness really concerns me! The lad has talent that's clear as day but I'll be honest I've no idea if he will stay fit long enough to get a good run! If not I'd punt him.

He picked up a serious injury?! It's not like crappy wee niggles the likes of Stephen Glass picked up.

Ozyhibby
06-08-2015, 12:08 PM
He picked up a serious injury?! It's not like crappy wee niggles the likes of Stephen Glass picked up.

He has a history though and has played very few games for a 30 year old.

bill the hibby
06-08-2015, 12:15 PM

We were told that he was only needing a tidy up op on his knee yet it's kept out of pre season and he's missing the start of the season there will come a point where the player is costing the club too much money and getting no return from it.

bigwheel
06-08-2015, 12:24 PM
We were told that he was only needing a tidy up op on his knee yet it's kept out of pre season and he's missing the start of the season there will come a point where the player is costing the club too much money and getting no return from it.

Pretty sure it was a tidy up on his ankle...Stubbs said on Hibs TV this week that he is on schedule as they originally expected For return in next few weeks.

scoopyboy
06-08-2015, 12:24 PM

The bother isn't with his knee as far as I'm aware.

It's a screw that was in his Achilles that was causing inflammation, it has now been sorted I'm told.

Smartie
06-08-2015, 12:31 PM
The bother isn't with his knee as far as I'm aware.

It's a screw that was in his Achilles that was causing inflammation, it has now been sorted I'm told.

That doesn't sound very pleasant!

I don't know what his injury record has been like over his whole career but I thought it was more of a one-off nasty and unfortunate injury that he sustained on a dodgy pitch in Alloa that has led to various other complications and minor ailments rather than a multitude of Darren Andertonesque niggles.

A bit harsh to write him off at this stage given how good he has been at times when fit.

Ozyhibby
06-08-2015, 12:34 PM
That doesn't sound very pleasant!

I don't know what his injury record has been like over his whole career but I thought it was more of a one-off nasty and unfortunate injury that he sustained on a dodgy pitch in Alloa that has led to various other complications and minor ailments rather than a multitude of Darren Andertonesque niggles.

A bit harsh to write him off at this stage given how good he has been at times when fit.

There is no evidence the pitch was to blame. Players get injured on grass as well.

J-C
06-08-2015, 12:41 PM
He has a history though and has played very few games for a 30 year old.

In 10 years as a pro, he's played 191 games, not a great record, can;t knock his goalscoring just the number of appearances, Falkirk got the best from him with 33 games that season.

Lago
06-08-2015, 01:06 PM
Thats a big 'if ' as there is no sign of him being fit and at 30 coming back from a serious injury could be a major problem for him.:rolleyes:

bill the hibby
06-08-2015, 01:07 PM
Ah my mistake then, definitely not writing the big guy off, before his injury last season he was scoring, his two goals against Dumbarton in the league cup were sweet

Haymaker
06-08-2015, 01:57 PM
There is no evidence the pitch was to blame. Players get injured on grass as well.

Very true however there is some slight evidence that certain injuries occur more on articial turf.

Several friends of mine who play at decent levels have dropped away as too many use Astro and they find it causes problems on ankles, knees and hamstrings especially.

Still, players will get injured wherever they play, you can only minimise the possibility of injury.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-08-2015, 02:13 PM
Players get injured on grass as well.

That's just 'cos they were stoned!

Baldy Foghorn
06-08-2015, 04:19 PM
Farid will be a huge player for us when he gets fit.....

Andy74
06-08-2015, 04:47 PM

Maybe. I think we tried to change the way that we played when he came back last year. We get tempted to play it early and high. I'm not sure he will suit the other players we have and the way we play. Good option if we need to start throwing it in though.

Ozyhibby
06-08-2015, 04:48 PM

The way he played in the last Derby showed he could rip this league if we can get him fit.
Still don't think he will get a new deal.

Billy Whizz
06-08-2015, 04:49 PM
The way he played in the last Derby showed he could rip this league if we can get him fit.
Still don't think he will get a new deal.

Or the opposite the way he played in the semi at Hampden, looked unfit and Dom should have been on long before he was!

Bishop Hibee
06-08-2015, 04:51 PM
Maybe. I think we tried to change the way that we played when he came back last year. We get tempted to play it early and high. I'm not sure he will suit the other players we have and the way we play. Good option if we need to start throwing it in though.

I hope with fit wide players we get crosses in and cut backs from the bye-line. This creates chances and is what we missed a lot last season. All our strikers would benefit from this.

Baldy Foghorn
06-08-2015, 05:27 PM

Time will tell.... Think a fit Farid would skoosh this division....

bill the hibby
06-08-2015, 05:40 PM

People have been saying this for months now though, there's only so long we can keep saying this until we have to bite the bullet.

scoopyboy
06-08-2015, 05:41 PM

as in overweight?:greengrin

Jack
06-08-2015, 06:02 PM
I hope with fit wide players we get crosses in and cut backs from the bye-line. This creates chances and is what we missed a lot last season. All our strikers would benefit from this.

We were making loads of chances last season, often 20+.

Our problem was converting these chances - and still is.

Brightside
06-08-2015, 06:33 PM
People have been saying this for months now though, there's only so long we can keep saying this until we have to bite the bullet.

Bite what bullet? What is it with the constant drama. He'll be back in the squad very soon. Until then why continually make stuff up about him.

bingo70
06-08-2015, 06:38 PM
Bite what bullet? What is it with the constant drama. He'll be back in the squad very soon. Until then why continually make stuff up about him.

I think there comes a time we need to accept we can't budget for him being fit and look to replace him.

I like Farid when he's fit but looking at his injury record over that last few years I don't want us relying on him this year.

bill the hibby
06-08-2015, 06:40 PM

Would you like to tell me what I'm 'making up' about him??

Jonnyboy
06-08-2015, 07:03 PM

:agree:

I watched Insall in the development game v Brentford and he's a guy who likes to play on the shoulder of the last defender. Not lightning quick and a build a bit like Ji9mmy O'Rourke's but he was a constant threat against defenders who were bigger than him. Good movement and seemed good in terms of positional sense

Billy Whizz
06-08-2015, 07:05 PM

I watched Insall in the development game v Brentford and he's a guy who likes to play on the shoulder of the last defender. Not lightning quick and a build a bit like Ji9mmy O'Rourke's but he was a constant threat against defenders who were bigger than him. Good movement and seemed good in terms of positional sense

Wasn't at the game Johnny, but do you think he's got a chance to make it at Hibs/will we give him the opportunity

Jonnyboy
06-08-2015, 07:07 PM
Wasn't at the game Johnny, but do you think he's got a chance to make it at Hibs/will we give him the opportunity

Can't really say, Billy. Based on 90 minutes it's hard to tell but AS will have had a good look at him in training. As I said, he has some qualities and AS could be the man to develop them :agree:

bingo70
06-08-2015, 07:08 PM

Do you think he'll be in the first team squad straight away or is he likely to be a project to get him ready in 6 months to a year?

Sounds like he's got the physical attributes and that's half the battle.

Jonnyboy
06-08-2015, 07:09 PM
Do you think he'll be in the first team squad straight away or is he likely to be a project to get him ready in 6 months to a year?

Not sure about right away, bingo but I thought the lad impressed and he could be a decent squad player

Onceinawhile
06-08-2015, 07:12 PM
Farid has had one injury ffs!

Ozyhibby
06-08-2015, 07:22 PM
Or the opposite the way he played in the semi at Hampden, looked unfit and Dom should have been on long before he was!

I think it was when he came off after the Derby that the latest problem came up. I don't think he was fit again afterwards. Sure that's what Stubbs said in an interview at the start of pre season. Could be the reason he was hopeless at hampden.

Billy Whizz
06-08-2015, 07:22 PM

Think he'd start off in the development team, we're a bit light in numbers upfront in this team, and I'd expect Lewis Allan to go out on loan. 5/6 games at this level, and he may be ready for the 1st team around October, providing we sign him and he's good enough

bingo70
06-08-2015, 07:24 PM
Farid has had one injury ffs!

This is his second spell out with this injury though. You also have to remember injury hampered his career at Dundee utd and the English club he was at (Brentford was it?)

He's not had an injury free season for quite some time so to expect that and budget for him having one this year would be bad planning imo.