PDA

View Full Version : Hibs transfer thread (Last Day Update - Anier / Feruz (both loan) in, None out)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Springbank
01-08-2015, 01:44 PM
Would be interesting to know how these guys are currently rated compared to Matthew kennedy who (it has to be said) made nothing like the impression a mcgeoch or Scott Allan made

Fergus52
01-08-2015, 02:15 PM
Would be interesting to know how these guys are currently rated compared to Matthew kennedy who (it has to be said) made nothing like the impression a mcgeoch or Scott Allan made

Kennedy then went on to have a great second half of the season in the English championship though.

A league which mcgeouch and Allan had both failed to make an impact in.

Springbank
01-08-2015, 04:27 PM
In Kennedy's case I suspected it was about attitude.
Thought it would be a breeze but often looked like the least effective attacker in our team.

Craig_HFC
01-08-2015, 04:52 PM
Thought it would be a breeze but often looked like the least effective attacker in our team.
Not really fair on Kennedy; he was a winger played in a system without wingers. Much like Sinclair last season, although Kennedy had far more of an impact than Sinclair did.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

bigwheel
01-08-2015, 05:02 PM

I'd be surprised if that was his view...he was with Killie before his move...he would have known the league wouldn't be a breeze...

flash
01-08-2015, 05:03 PM
Keith Watson presumably still signing as he was there today.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-08-2015, 05:09 PM
Kennedy then went on to have a great second half of the season in the English championship though.

A league which mcgeouch and Allan had both failed to make an impact in.

Don't think D McG has played in the Championship down there?

Fergus52
01-08-2015, 05:17 PM
Don't think D McG has played in the Championship down there?

He had loan spells in England, might have been league 1.

bigwheel
01-08-2015, 05:25 PM
He had loan spells in England, might have been league 1.

8 games for Coventry in league 1 - thats it

Stuarty27
01-08-2015, 10:16 PM
Keith Watson on a two year deal announced on Monday I heard at the game today.

Borderhibbie76
02-08-2015, 03:00 PM
Much as I like Lewis..i think we need a LB....his delivery the last 2 weeks hasnt been the best into the box

bingo70
02-08-2015, 03:06 PM
Much as I like Lewis..i think we need a LB....his delivery the last 2 weeks hasnt been the best into the box

He impressed me at times last season but I think he needs some genuine competition. We rely too much on our full backs for width to expect him to be our only option there.

high bee
02-08-2015, 03:07 PM

Agreed. As much as I wish it wasn't true, he gets into great positions but he fails to find a team mate on most occasions. :-(

Ringothedog
02-08-2015, 04:06 PM

We desperately need a LB. He is a weak point both defensively and offensively.

bingo70
02-08-2015, 04:08 PM
Keith Watson on a two year deal announced on Monday I heard at the game today.

Can I use the term underwhelmed or is that frowned upon? ;-)

bill the hibby
02-08-2015, 04:10 PM

Made this point last week but got abuse for it, badly need a LB to provide competition

I liked Lewis better when he was played in midfield

Lago
02-08-2015, 04:13 PM
Well I will use the term supprised as I was told quite forcibly on here it wouldn't happen due him being injury pron.

stuart62
02-08-2015, 04:24 PM

me too, didn't think he was anything special. also too injury prone

Ringothedog
02-08-2015, 04:26 PM

You can say what you want (:

if we sign him he will give us another option at the back and imo we are really short of cover. He was nowhere as bad as some on here make out.

SquashedFrogg
02-08-2015, 04:52 PM
Made this point last week but got abuse for it, badly need a LB to provide competition

I liked Lewis better when he was played in midfield

Been saying this for a while. Lewis is potentially better in mid (won MOTM in the 2007 Final there)

Possibly a victim of being versatile but I'd like a left back

J-C
02-08-2015, 04:55 PM
Been saying this for a while. Lewis is potentially better in mid (won MOTM in the 2007 Final there)

This :top marks:aok:

bill the hibby
02-08-2015, 05:04 PM

Spot on, look at his attributes, usually good in the tackle, strong, has an unbelievable engine/fitness...the only thing he lacks for the DM role is height, his delivery and positioning sometimes lets him down in the LB position.

ruthven_raiders
02-08-2015, 05:06 PM
me too, didn't think he was anything special. also too injury prone

Think this has been gone through already, and has been shown that he isn't any more injury probe than most players on our books, we need cover for centre and full back. We won't get better to fill this position, considering what league we are in.

liamh2202
02-08-2015, 05:25 PM

Surprised we have never tried Hanlon at lb,, similar to what the sheep have done with considine

mike1875
02-08-2015, 05:28 PM
Surprised we have never tried Hanlon at lb,, similar to what the sheep have done with considine

He started at left back when he first broke through, he eventually swapped with Ian Murray who was playing centre back at the time and if I remember correctly most people thought he looked much move comfortable when he moved to the centre.

greenlex
02-08-2015, 05:28 PM
Surprised we have never tried Hanlon at lb,, similar to what the sheep have done with considine Hanlon has been played at left back in years gone by. He wont give us anything going forward. I think the laddie Crane should and might just be the challenge Lewis needs. Id like to see him given a chance in there.

SquashedFrogg
02-08-2015, 05:40 PM
Spot on, look at his attributes, usually good in the tackle, strong, has an unbelievable engine/fitness...the only thing he lacks for the DM role is height, his delivery and positioning sometimes lets him down in the LB position.

Although one of the greatest DM's I remember was Dechamps (sp?) and he wasn't blessed with height.

Lewis does a very good job at LB but would be interesting to see him elsewhere.

liamh2202
02-08-2015, 06:00 PM
Hanlon has been played at left back in years gone by. He wont give us anything going forward. I think the laddie Crane should and might just be the challenge Lewis needs. Id like to see him given a chance in there.

Good point re crane

jdships
02-08-2015, 06:54 PM

Hey Ho , two games into the new season and we have a a " not good enough " player thread
Surprise surprise it is LS
It would also seem that this thread will be followed by a similar one re Keith Watson ,if he signs .
For myself I have seen enougfh of AS as Manager to trust his judgement :flag:

bill the hibby
02-08-2015, 07:09 PM
Hey Ho , two games into the new season and we have a a " not good enough " player thread
Surprise surprise it is LS
It would also seem that this thread will be followed by a similar one re Keith Watson ,if he signs .
For myself I have seen enougfh of AS as Manager to trust his judgement :flag:

Don't think anyone has said he isn't good enough, would be nice to see a David grey type left back though.

Brooster
02-08-2015, 07:18 PM
Don't think anyone has said he isn't good enough, would be nice to see a David grey type left back though.

I dont think he is good enough. He's had 2 poor games so far, his distribution is shocking. We should be looking to strengthen at LB.

jdships
02-08-2015, 07:18 PM

We desperately need a LB. He is a weak point both defensively and offensively.
for one
Would agree with your DG analogy !!

jdships
02-08-2015, 07:29 PM
Time now surely to start a " Lewis S is not good enough he must be replaced " thread
We are after all TWO games into the season :confused:

:wink::greengrin

Hibs1992
02-08-2015, 07:42 PM
I dont think he is good enough. He's had 2 poor games so far, his distribution is shocking. We should be looking to strengthen at LB.

Agreed. Especially if we are going to play a 4-4-2 diamond formation. That shape relies on the full backs for width. Lewis has no problem getting up and down the line but his passing and crossing is not good enough. Too often he gets the ball in great areas and lacks composure to pick out a teammate or lacks the confidence to take it on himself.

Kevin Holt that Dundee have signed from QOS is exactly the type we need IMO.

J-C
02-08-2015, 07:49 PM
Agreed. Especially if we are going to play a 4-4-2 diamond formation. That shape relies on the full backs for width. Lewis has no problem getting up and down the line but his passing and crossing is not good enough. Too often he gets the ball in great areas and lacks composure to pick out a teammate or lacks the confidence to take it on himself.

Kevin Holt that Dundee have signed from QOS is exactly the type we need IMO.

Will we though, we have Carmichael and Boyle to come into the team which will give us natural width, also Harris if used. Stevenson and also Gray to an extent should be used as fullbacks with support as their duty, in other words defend and support the wide men when needed, at the moment they are both solely responsible for giving the team width and deliveries into the box, we need attacking wide men to do that.

Heisenberg
02-08-2015, 07:50 PM

I would agree. He was very poor at the tail end of the season too. Could do with a back up that can play centre half/right back plus another for competition with Stevenson but i can't see us signing two more defensive players. Keith Watson could be it :boo hoo:

jdships
02-08-2015, 07:56 PM
Will we though, we have Carmichael and Boyle to come into the team which will give us natural width, also Harris if used. Stevenson and also Gray to an extent should be used as fullbacks with support as their duty, in other words defend and support the wide men when needed, at the moment they are both solely responsible for giving the team width and deliveries into the box, we need attacking wide men to do that.

Absolutely " on the money" :agree:
Would guess that is how AS and his team see it :thumbsup:
Good post IMHO

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-08-2015, 07:58 PM
Watson 2 year deal tomorrow!

SteveHFC
02-08-2015, 08:06 PM

Come on mate keep up. Disappointed in you. :greengrin

S4uzee
02-08-2015, 08:09 PM
He will be injured more than he plays and another player without a full pre season

CraigHibee
02-08-2015, 08:09 PM

i'm happy enough with that :thumbsup:

ruthven_raiders
02-08-2015, 08:14 PM
i'm happy enough with that :thumbsup:

Good positive post☺

3pm
02-08-2015, 08:15 PM

Stubbs who should be questioned on that. It's not like Lewis is Leighton Baines at training then changes at 3 o'clock on a Saturday. I don't blame Lewis at all.

brog
02-08-2015, 08:16 PM
He will be injured more than he plays and another player without a full pre season

AS obviously rates him & would also now appear to be confident re his fitness. AS signing record to date is excellent, I'll place my trust in him.

CockneyRebel
02-08-2015, 08:17 PM

Why sign an injury prone player? We have enough players off on the sick already.

Andy74
02-08-2015, 08:21 PM
Why sign an injury prone player? We have enough players off on the sick already.

I don't know if he is injury prone or just recently injured.

I like Watson I think he is better than Forster personally both at centre half and right back if needed.

Stubbs played him last year when he was available.

That said with the injuries we have we better be pretty confident he will be fit enough to be involved.

Fergus52
02-08-2015, 08:24 PM
We'd struggle to find a left back with Lewis' engine and tackling ability.

His crossing is suspect at times but that can be worked on and he definitely improved it last season. Look how many assists he got compared to previous years.

If he can improve on his passing and crossing then he's easily good enough to be our starting left back. Don't understad the clamour for us to replace him at all. His fellow professionals voted him in team of the year ffs.

DaveF
02-08-2015, 08:24 PM

He's not. His games played stats in recent years are fine. Last 5 years, games played and goals scored.

2010-11 37 1
2011–12 20 2
2012–13 37 3
2013–14 29 4
2014–15 25 2

bill the hibby
02-08-2015, 08:25 PM
Can't wait until we have a fully fit squad (near enough fully fit) think we will be the team to stop. Coukd have McGinn and allan through the middle with carmichael and boyle on either side, fyvie will obviously be in the mix too. Our options upfront are also strong, I'm quite excited.

Heisenberg
02-08-2015, 08:26 PM
We'd struggle to find a left back with Lewis' engine and tackling ability.

His crossing is suspect at times but that can be worked on and he definitely improved it last season. Look how many assists he got compared to previous years.

If he can improve on his passing and crossing then he's easily good enough to be our starting left back. Don't understad the clamour for us to replace him at all. His fellow professionals voted him in team of the year ffs.

The biggest gripe I have with Stevenson is his crossing. He hits the first man way too often.

brog
02-08-2015, 08:27 PM

Including last season this "injury prone" player averaged 30 first team appearances a season for the last 5 seasons. He wasn't always a first choice in every game in all of those seasons, he's only 25 now. We mustn't let facts get in the way of a Net myth though!

MWHIBBIES
02-08-2015, 08:28 PM
Can I use the term underwhelmed or is that frowned upon? ;-)Proven SPL player who plays center half and right back. Nothing to be underwhelmed about, he is exactly what we need.

matty_f
02-08-2015, 08:31 PM
I'd be very pleased if we sign Watson, he's a good player. One of my ex-colleagues goes to all the Dundee United games, and she was gutted when we signed him, she reckoned he was one of the best defenders United have had in some time.

I don't think we saw the best of him last season, though he did show up well in a few games. Once he's fit and had a few matches under his belt, I think we'll be impressed.

His signing gives us the added benefit of keeping some of the first pick defenders on their toes because he's good enough to come in to replace them.

oconnors_strip
02-08-2015, 08:40 PM

He has been training though, was at Easter road on Saturday in Hibs trackie and with our latest signings and I jured players.

California-Hibs
02-08-2015, 08:41 PM
I'd be very pleased if we sign Watson, he's a good player. One of my ex-colleagues goes to all the Dundee United games, and she was gutted when we signed him, she reckoned he was one of the best defenders United have had in some time.

I don't think we saw the best of him last season, though he did show up well in a few games. Once he's fit and had a few matches under his belt, I think we'll be impressed.

His signing gives us the added benefit of keeping some of the first pick defenders on their toes because he's good enough to come in to replace them.

Agree with this entirely. He's a good player, and a lot of people have a big misperception of him!

S4uzee
02-08-2015, 09:06 PM
He has been training though, was at Easter road on Saturday in Hibs trackie and with our latest signings and I jured players.

Fair enough. Was McCabe at the game yesterday, I'm sure it was him I saw leaving the ground?

California-Hibs
02-08-2015, 09:10 PM
Fair enough. Was McCabe at the game yesterday, I'm sure it was him I saw leaving the ground?

Sure I read someone saying they saw him around the ticket office in a full Hibs tracksuit. Anyone able to confirm? Would be a good signing.

oconnors_strip
02-08-2015, 09:21 PM

He might have been but he wasn't with the players I seen before the match

Mikey09
02-08-2015, 09:30 PM
McCabe and Watson will both sign tomorrow...

flash
02-08-2015, 09:44 PM
If McCabe signs can only see Stanton and Harris off out on loan before the window closes.
We will have Allan, Fyvie, Bartley, McGinn and McCabe central midfield and Carmichael and Boyle out wide too.

HibbyKeith
02-08-2015, 09:48 PM

Sure I read someone saying they saw him around the ticket office in a full Hibs tracksuit. Anyone able to confirm? Would be a good signing.

He might have been but he wasn't with the players I seen before the match

He was at the game :agree:

I'm pretty sure it was him sitting in the hospitality seats at the back of the West Lower with another guy, his agent possibly but just guessing with that.

He wasn't wearing the Hibs tracksuit though, they both left with about 5 mins to go via the regular fan exit.

Diclonius
02-08-2015, 09:51 PM
McCabe and Watson will both sign tomorrow...

Possible the McGeouch deal has fallen through, or are we signing all three?

Jim44
02-08-2015, 10:05 PM
Possible the McGeouch deal has fallen through, or are we signing all three?

It must be soul destroying for a player to be employed by a club he will never play for except in exceptional circumstances which may arise once or twice every other year or so. That's the danger of chasing the Yankee dollar.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-08-2015, 10:34 PM
Come on mate keep up. Disappointed in you. :greengrin

Sorry mate. :-(

Unseen work
02-08-2015, 11:13 PM
Great news if it's true regarding McCabe and Watson. Adds real quality and they're players who will challenge for a first team spot, not just to make up numbers.

I am very excited to see us full strength.

JimBHibees
03-08-2015, 06:26 AM

Agree with that always thought he was a good player with United. Hopefully he can get fit soon as he is versatile and can play right along the back line which is what we need also offers a goal threat.

lucky
03-08-2015, 06:57 AM
If we sign McCabe and Watson, Hibs will have a decent championship squad. Keeping them all happy and interested is going to be a big challenge for Stubbs. If they are fit at the one time going to be hard to pick 1st 11.

J-C
03-08-2015, 07:06 AM
If we sign McCabe and Watson, Hibs will have a decent championship squad. Keeping them all happy and interested is going to be a big challenge for Stubbs. If they are fit at the one time going to be hard to pick 1st 11.

Unless we see Allan getting sold to another club which is not Rangers, Allan has possibly burnt a few bridges at ER and although Stubbs would love to keep him, he obviously now knows he's shat on him and his staff with his transfer request, still think there's more to come re Allan.

Ozyhibby
03-08-2015, 08:04 AM

Hamlin made his debut at left back. He was hopeless. That wee guy Messi tore him a new one.
No way can we risk him there again.

Ozyhibby
03-08-2015, 08:05 AM
Unless we see Allan getting sold to another club which is not Rangers, Allan has possibly burnt a few bridges at ER and although Stubbs would love to keep him, he obviously now knows he's shat on him and his staff with his transfer request, still think there's more to come re Allan.

I think Allan will now stay and be our best player this season.

SlickShoes
03-08-2015, 08:25 AM

Possibly Derby? 15220

Libby Hibby
03-08-2015, 08:32 AM

Whilst I do think there is much more to come from the media on Allan, I don't think he has any burnt bridges at ER as you suggest, that would imply that there is no going back and I don't think that is the case with his performances to date and by the way the players, coaching staff and fans are receiving him.

All the way through this SA has stayed clear of Social Media, not given any adverse interviews on wanting to leave, in fact, the last one he did was saying he was committed to achieving the best possible league position for Hibs nor has he sulked in anyway when on the pitch or engaging with the fans.

If SA were to retract his transfer request then I'm sure all the hear say and unsettling tactics from the media would stop, as it is clear we won't sell to a title rival in this window, not saying he won't end up at Ibrox next season but Hibs will only sell him this window if the offer is right for Hibs and won't harm their chances of going straight up.

worcesterhibby
03-08-2015, 08:33 AM
Ok, Just to clarify a few things...

1) Lewis Stevenson is an excellent defender and probably the best overlapping left back in the league (that's why he was picked for the championship team of the year) His assists stats are as good as anyone in the league and he has now started scoring goals too. Get off his back.

2) Watson is not injury prone.

3) I don't think we should put Stanton out on loan. He is one of our most positive midfielders and has shown a real appetite to attack and shoot in the last couple of games. Harris can go though..not a bad players, just not up to our current standard with so many good midfielders in the team..and he is never a forward..just doesn't score.

right then..that's cleared all that up..no need to discuss any further :greengrin

Smartie
03-08-2015, 08:49 AM

1) Lewis Stevenson is an excellent defender and probably the best overlapping left back in the league (that's why he was picked for the championship team of the year) His assists stats are as good as anyone in the league and he has now started scoring goals too. Get off his back.

3) I don't think we should put Stanton out on loan. He is one of our most positive midfielders and has shown a real appetite to attack and shoot in the last couple of games. Harris can go though..not a bad players, just not up to our current standard with so many good midfielders in the team..and he is never a forward..just doesn't score.

right then..that's cleared all that up..no need to discuss any further :greengrin

In response to your points…..

1. I agree that Lewis is an excellent player, I have stuck up for him for years and think he brings a lot to our team. He did tail off at the end of last season (especially compared to the way he started it), he was poor against The Rangers and whilst he did well against Montrose defensively his final ball really let him down. I don't think constructive criticism should be seen as "Lewis-bashing" but there is going to be little margin for error this season. I don't think it is a bad thing to ask a bit more of some of our players.

2. He might not be, I'm not too sure about his injury history at United. But he's been injured for much of his time at Hibs (unfortunately for him and for us as I think he's a very good player).

3. Stanton has shown enough in flashes in the first 2 games to suggest he's worth keeping on. I also think that Harris is worth keeping on. His pass for the first goal on Saturday was very nicely weighted, he put over another couple of good balls and had a few decent runs. It wasn't a masterpiece of a performance, he flitted in and out of the game but he certainly got pass marks. I also thought he played well when he came on against Dunfermline. Not sure that I'd play him ahead of Carmichael or Boyle but we need depth in our squad and I think he would be (at least) good cover. The rate at which we're getting injuries we can't afford to have players like him out on loan whilst we struggle to get a fit team out on the park.

scoopyboy
03-08-2015, 08:52 AM

Is it more the case that he misses a lot of games and training through injury then?

scoopyboy
03-08-2015, 08:54 AM
Here is a bit of tittle tattle which could come into the random crap classification in the title.

Sam Stanton to Dundee Utd on loan.

Aiden Connelly to us from Dundee Utd on loan.

Billy Whizz
03-08-2015, 08:59 AM
Here is a bit of tittle tattle which could come into the random crap classification in the title.

Would be surprised at that Scoops, but you never rule anything out in football

Diclonius
03-08-2015, 09:01 AM

Cover for striker injuries?

matty_f
03-08-2015, 09:02 AM

Do you know much about Connelly? Would this represent a good move for us?

scoopyboy
03-08-2015, 09:04 AM
Would be surprised at that Scoops, but you never rule anything out in football

I would be surprised as well, that's why I posted it in the random crap thread.

scoopyboy
03-08-2015, 09:05 AM

Tricky wee player who I noticed wasn't quoted for Utd yesterday.

Not sure if it would be a good move or not.

worcesterhibby
03-08-2015, 09:06 AM

Big beardy bloke married to Pamela Stephenson..quite funny at times, but seems to like the lesser greens.

Billy Whizz
03-08-2015, 09:06 AM
I would be surprised as well, that's why I posted it in the random crap thread.

He wasn't in the squad yesterday, surely not injured

scoopyboy
03-08-2015, 09:07 AM
Hamlin made his debut at left back. He was hopeless. That wee guy Messi tore him a new one.
No way can we risk him there again.

Really?

Did Messi play for ICT.

Another unresearched post from you.

PeterboroHibee
03-08-2015, 09:08 AM

Ive always thought Connolly looked a really good player. Hes tiny, but quite quick and has good feet. I think hes a striker, but whenever Ive seen him he was played in the 3 behind Ciftci. He does seem to have fallen down the pecking order at United, and they have a huge squad, so maybe there is the chance to get him on loan.

Keith_M
03-08-2015, 09:09 AM
Is it more the case that he misses a lot of games and training through injury then?

He's played 148 first team games in the last 5 seasons. That's an average of almost 30 games a year.

I'm struggling to see the 'injury prone' or misses a lot of games in those stats.

Craig_HFC
03-08-2015, 09:14 AM

I remember him standing out last season when we played them at ER, can't remember if it was the friendly or in the cup though.

Very tricky wee player.

scoopyboy
03-08-2015, 09:15 AM
He's played 148 first team games in the last 5 seasons. That's an average of almost 30 games a year.

I'm struggling to see the 'injury prone' or misses a lot of games in those stats.

I couldn't care less about the last five seasons, I'm more interested about since he came to us.

Missed a lot last season and hasn't been able to train or play since players reported back for pre season.

I think he is a good player and if he was to stay fit would be a great addition to the squad, however I thought the same about Tim Clancy.

matty_f
03-08-2015, 09:15 AM
Big beardy bloke married to Pamela Stephenson..quite funny at times, but seems to like the lesser greens.

:thumbsup: Great reply!

Since90+2
03-08-2015, 09:19 AM
If we get Aidan Connolly on a swap for Sam Stanton we should be paying Sammys taxi to Dundee for that.

Would be a fantastic deal for us but cant see it.

Ozyhibby
03-08-2015, 09:26 AM
Really?

Did Messi play for ICT.

My, you are uptight. You are correct in that it was totally 'unresearched' but that was because I was not making a serious point. I thought that was obvious but maybe not to everybody.

Ronniekirk
03-08-2015, 09:27 AM
If it's true that we are going to sign both McCabe and Watson this week ,then that fits in with Stubbs saying three players in by 8th August as we have brought in McGinn .
I would think we may have kept something back for that last day surprise deal eg like Fyfie ,that apart it will have to be players going out on loan and getting another's teams player in ,like the Harris /Boyle loan last season .Stanton ,if McCabe signs ,is further down pecking order ,and I think he needs regular first team football to see if he can develop further ,and he isn't going to get that you wouldn't think if McCabe signs .
Harris for me will also go out on loan again ,as opinion seems to be he isn't doing enough to influence games,get to by line , and he takes wrong option .He had enough game time at Dundee to have his confidence back ,so for some reason it's not working out for him at Hibs . I know it's still early days but Stubbs will need to be ruthless ,as we need as strong a squad as possible and any wheeling and dealing even along lines scoops is suggesting is a possibility ,as don't think he will just want them loaned out unless he needs to free up both thier wages to bring someone else in .

scoopyboy
03-08-2015, 09:28 AM
My, you are uptight. You are correct in that it was totally 'unresearched' but that was because I was not making a serious point. I thought that was obvious but maybe not to everybody.

Oh, I must have missed that.

What was you point, serious or otherwise.

SaulGoodman
03-08-2015, 09:31 AM
Oh, I must have missed that.

What was you point, serious or otherwise.

I thought it was a joke about the fact Hanlon was up against Messi. As in he wouldn't be expected to play well given the task at hand.

CockneyRebel
03-08-2015, 09:35 AM
Including last season this "injury prone" player averaged 30 first team appearances a season for the last 5 seasons. He wasn't always a first choice in every game in all of those seasons, he's only 25 now. We mustn't let facts get in the way of a Net myth though!

How many/ratio of games did he miss for us last season through injury. He's still not fit yet. See that - I managed a reply without being a smartass.

scoopyboy
03-08-2015, 09:37 AM
I thought it was a joke about the fact Hanlon was up against Messi. As in he wouldn't be expected to play well given the task at hand.

Fair enough, I thought it was meaning that it was his Hibs debut. I generally put a wee smiley when I make a joke.:greengrin

GreenOnions
03-08-2015, 09:51 AM
Really?

Did Messi play for ICT.

:greengrin

Ozyhibby
03-08-2015, 09:52 AM
Fair enough, I thought it was meaning that it was his Hibs debut. I generally put a wee smiley when I make a joke.:greengrin

I use tapatalk and don't know how to use wee smileys on it.

scoopyboy
03-08-2015, 09:55 AM

Fair enough, I've grabbed the wrong end of the stick.

Keith_M
03-08-2015, 09:57 AM

Try typing in the word :wink\: without the backslash

BT58
03-08-2015, 10:10 AM
Or :):).
Is there any truth about Everton boys or are they for the development squad ??
Any one know how the injured guys are getting on. Would have hoped to have a sort of settled team before we meet the New Hun

Hibs1992
03-08-2015, 10:30 AM

I find it slightly irritating that there are certain players you are not allowed to criticise on this board.

Stevenson is one of them.

My opinion is that we could get a far more effective left back on our budget. Stevenson is a solid pro and good defender, but his use of the ball is poor.

His stats improved last season because we are playing in a lower division and some of the teams are only part-time. He had a decent enough season but that does not mean we cannot get better.

J-C
03-08-2015, 10:33 AM
Whilst I do think there is much more to come from the media on Allan, I don't think he has any burnt bridges at ER as you suggest, that would imply that there is no going back and I don't think that is the case with his performances to date and by the way the players, coaching staff and fans are receiving him.

All the way through this SA has stayed clear of Social Media, not given any adverse interviews on wanting to leave, in fact, the last one he did was saying he was committed to achieving the best possible league position for Hibs nor has he sulked in anyway when on the pitch or engaging with the fans.

If SA were to retract his transfer request then I'm sure all the hear say and unsettling tactics from the media would stop, as it is clear we won't sell to a title rival in this window, not saying he won't end up at Ibrox next season but Hibs will only sell him this window if the offer is right for Hibs and won't harm their chances of going straight up.

I did say possibly burnt bridges as that could be the case or indeed maybe not but I'm sure AS will not be happy with him putting in a transfer request. TBH Allan has been very professional in his playing and I'd be delighted if he rescinded his transfer but just curious how AS is going to keep McCabe, Fyvie, Allan happy knowing one will be on the bench most weeks and there's still McGeouch if AS is still interested in him.

matty_f
03-08-2015, 10:40 AM
I find it slightly irritating that there are certain players you are not allowed to criticise on this board.

My opinion is that we could get a far more effective left back on our budget. Stevenson is a solid pro and good defender, but his use of the ball is poor.

His stats improved last season because we are playing in a lower division and some of the teams are only part-time. He had a decent enough season but that does not mean we cannot get better.

You can criticise whoever you like, just some folk might not agree with you so will argue their case. It's how the message board works.

Brightside
03-08-2015, 10:50 AM

Let us know who the players are and we'll pass it on to Stubbs. :aok:

Beefster
03-08-2015, 10:55 AM

I've been saying pretty much the same for years about Stevenson and I've always been allowed. Some folk love him, some folk think he's a middling player who appears to have found his level in the Championship. That's life.

jdships
03-08-2015, 11:17 AM

This is simply all down to individuals opinions and their right to express them - you see anything wrong in that ?
I defend LS because in my opinion he does well for us : someone else disagrees and have the right to express that opinion - end of !!
Are you saying I/we am not entitled to express opinions ?
If that is the case then the " democratic process" goes put the window .
Censorship has no place on "HibsNet" surely

Delete button is always available if you do not like what is being posted :wink:

brog
03-08-2015, 11:22 AM

Stevenson is one of them.[QUOTE=Hibs1992;4430748]

I'm assuming this is ironic!! Now that Craig has gone, Lewis is long odds on to regain his crown as the boo boy for Hibs Net posters. Personally I've never been a huge fan of Lewis but I can never fault his commitment & effort & I thought last season was by far his best since his breakthrough year. As another poster said his peers selected him in the Championship Team of the season. Still, 2 games in, lets dump on him, makes sense!

Brightside
03-08-2015, 11:30 AM
Stubbs has X amount budget for his squad. I don't think he sees LB as being a position that is in desperate need of a change. Lewis is more than good enough for this league and the Scottish Prem. As I said earlier who can we replace him with under our budget.

Lago
03-08-2015, 11:47 AM
Stubbs has X amount budget for his squad. I don't think he sees LB as being a position that is in desperate need of a change. Lewis is more than good enough for this league and the Scottish Prem. As I said earlier who can we replace him with under our budget.
Pretty sure if necessary another David Murphy could be found. Took a train up to ER for a trial and cost very little to sign.

andrew70
03-08-2015, 11:48 AM

We should have signed Kevin Holt or Aaron Taylor-Sinclair but other than that I'd go for Thomas O'Ware of Morton.

madhatter
03-08-2015, 11:52 AM
Is McCabe and Watson definitely happening or just rumour?

GreenOnions
03-08-2015, 12:02 PM
I did say possibly burnt bridges as that could be the case or indeed maybe not but I'm sure AS will not be happy with him putting in a transfer request. TBH Allan has been very professional in his playing and I'd be delighted if he rescinded his transfer but just curious how AS is going to keep McCabe, Fyvie, Allan happy knowing one will be on the bench most weeks and there's still McGeouch if AS is still interested in him.

I think if McCabe signed he'd be more likely to be challenging for a place as a deeper-lying midfielder along with Bartley. That would imply Allan, Fyvie, McGinn and Carmichael as options for further up the pitch. I have also liked the look of Scott Martin from what I've seen of him so far so hopefully he can make a few appearances throughout the season too.

scoopyboy
03-08-2015, 12:04 PM

I don't know and have heard nothing, can only go by what has been posted here.

I think I am right in saying James Keatings and Keith Watson are returning to full training with the first team squad today.

With that being the case I cannot see Watson being offered a deal until he has shown in training he has attained full fitness and doesn't break down. If I'm wrong then I don't see why AS either hasn't signed him because surely by now he knows what the player can do or simply told him he's not getting a deal.

PS. Now I have posted this he will probably be announced within half an hour.

PatHead
03-08-2015, 12:25 PM
I think if McCabe signed he'd be more likely to be challenging for a place as a deeper-lying midfielder along with Bartley. That would imply Allan, Fyvie, McGinn and Carmichael as options for further up the pitch. I have also liked the look of Scott Martin from what I've seen of him so far so hopefully he can make a few appearances throughout the season too.

To me, I think it would make sense to loan Scott Martin out until January as his game time will be limited at Easter Road due to the number of players. I am sure a decent level club would take him in a heartbeat.

greenginger
03-08-2015, 12:29 PM
To me, I think it would make sense to loan Scott Martin out until January as his game time will be limited at Easter Road due to the number of players. I am sure a decent level club would take him in a heartbeat.

Make sure there is a recall clause, as per Yam Rules, just in case we get a an injury spate.

PatHead
03-08-2015, 12:33 PM
Make sure there is a recall clause, as per Yam Rules, just in case we get a an injury spate.

Fair shout but the point is the more games he plays the better he will get.

Centre Hawf
03-08-2015, 12:36 PM

Apparently McCabe played against Brentford in the development game on Friday. Not sure if it has been said already on here but that would indicate to me that we're really interested in the lad.

Hibs1992
03-08-2015, 12:55 PM
This is simply all down to individuals opinions and their right to express them - you see anything wrong in that ?
I defend LS because in my opinion he does well for us : someone else disagrees and have the right to express that opinion - end of !!
Are you saying I/we am not entitled to express opinions ?
If that is the case then the " democratic process" goes put the window .
Censorship has no place on "HibsNet" surely

Delete button is always available if you do not like what is being posted :wink:

Fair enough. Taken on board.

:aok:

erin go bragh
03-08-2015, 01:56 PM
Apparently McCabe played against Brentford in the development game on Friday. Not sure if it has been said already on here but that would indicate to me that we're really interested in the lad.

Played and scored .

GGTTH

hfc rd
03-08-2015, 02:16 PM
Anyone reckon McCabe and Watson will be the last two summer signings this season until the January window?

brog
03-08-2015, 02:29 PM
Played and scored .

GGTTH

Don't think he scored, I believe it was the other trialist.

scoopyboy
03-08-2015, 02:33 PM
Anyone reckon McCabe and Watson will be the last two summer signings this season until the January window?

Have they signed?

hfc rd
03-08-2015, 02:37 PM
Have they signed?

Not heard anything about them signing. All I've heard from here is that McCabe played in the Brentford match and Watson was seen with some of the Hibs players in the stands with the full tracksuit on this past Saturday. But if they do sign, will that be our business finished for this summer?

jdships
03-08-2015, 02:38 PM
Fair enough. Taken on board.

:aok:

You are a gentleman , sir
Will be happy to swap opinions with you anytime :hibees:not worth

Since90+2
03-08-2015, 02:39 PM
Not heard anything about them signing. All I've heard from here is that McCabe played in the Brentford match and Watson was seen with some of the Hibs players in the stands with the full tracksuit on this past Saturday. But if they do sign, will that be our business finished for this summer?

Unless Allan leaves I would imagine that would be us done for this window. Just a hunch , no info.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-08-2015, 04:06 PM

I think one more after that and that's it, just my opinion though!

tamig
03-08-2015, 04:08 PM
[QUOTE=Hibs1992;4430748]

I'm assuming this is ironic!! Now that Craig has gone, Lewis is long odds on to regain his crown as the boo boy for Hibs Net posters. Personally I've never been a huge fan of Lewis but I can never fault his commitment & effort & I thought last season was by far his best since his breakthrough year. As another poster said his peers selected him in the Championship Team of the season. Still, 2 games in, lets dump on him, makes sense!
Why when you quote a post does it end up going wonky? Seems to happen a lot.
*and this is directed at brog*

erin go bragh
03-08-2015, 04:12 PM
Don't think he scored, I believe it was the other trialist.

That's what I get for putting 2+2 together and getting 5 👀

GGTTH

brog
03-08-2015, 04:18 PM
[QUOTE=brog;4430779]
Why when you quote a post does it end up going wonky? Seems to happen a lot.
*and this is directed at brog*

I know! Its ok on main computer but on missus ipad it's crap, obviously her fault! :wink:

bill the hibby
03-08-2015, 05:04 PM
Bit late to be announcing today's signings? :greengrin

Libby Hibby
03-08-2015, 05:29 PM
Bit late to be announcing today's signings? :greengrin

I'll wait until you next door neighbour tells us what's really going on...

bill the hibby
03-08-2015, 05:31 PM
I'll wait until you next door neighbour tells us what's really going on...

Deflection tactics, taking the emphasis from other people's incorrect information and turning it back onto me...nice attempt.

Libby Hibby
03-08-2015, 05:37 PM
Deflection tactics, taking the emphasis from other people's incorrect information and turning it back onto me...nice attempt.

Not at all Billy, your info, or should I say, your next door neighbours, has been spot on so far...absolutely no need to question it or doubt the true intent

bill the hibby
03-08-2015, 05:40 PM
Not at all Billy, your info, or should I say, your next door neighbours, has been spot on so far...absolutely no need to question it or doubt the true intent

I don't know whether or not I detect sarcasm but all I'll say is he can be alright at times, at other times he can talk pish. And no he isn't me :greengrin

tamig
03-08-2015, 05:52 PM
[QUOTE=tamig;4430971]

I know! Its ok on main computer but on missus ipad it's crap, obviously her fault! :wink:

Lol. No worries! You just miss out out on some of the many decent points you make and confusion sometimes reigns and folk think they're replying to someone totally different :-)

tamig
03-08-2015, 05:52 PM
[QUOTE=brog;4430978]

Lol. No worries! You just miss out out on some of the many decent points you make and confusion sometimes reigns and folk think they're replying to someone totally different :-)
Looks like I replied to myself!

SouthMoroccoStu
03-08-2015, 06:32 PM
Source on hibee bounce saying McCabe isn't getting a deal....

My_Wife_Camille
03-08-2015, 07:14 PM
Encouraging if true. One of my favourite things about Stubbs so far is that he isn't shy in telling trialists that they won't be needed. Have we signed any of the trialists he's had in at all over the last year?

Wee Scottie Dug
03-08-2015, 07:26 PM

Pure guesswork IMHO ...... One poster says 'heard he's signed' , another claims to have got a text claiming 'he's not signing' ....... If either Watson or McCabe are signing we'll find out soon enough either when the club announce it or the players move on to another trial ...... My educated guess is that Watson will sign considering the effort both parties have put into pre-season, no idea about when this will be done or whether McCabe will get a deal though! :cb

Alex Trager
03-08-2015, 08:34 PM
Folk on here are far too precious about a few players.

Here's the thing, players generally- and I say generally- are picked up by us as being poorer than we hope for, for a reason.
They exhibit poor qualities on the park.

Now from what I have read, no one has criticised Lewis' effort or engine.

The general consensus is he rarely beats a man, or tries to beat a man, and he rarely completes a cross further than the first man.

Now to point out that we would like better is not the same as singling out a player to 'boo'.

This a nonsense.

Lewis Stevenson and Paul Hanlon are consistently average, if at all reaching such an accolade.

Ask yourself this, will they go onto a bigger club than hibs? Or a better team?

If the answer is no, then for me the solution is simple. We need better.

My overall point is, just because we want better, doesn't mean we are slating a particular player, just means the particular player is not as good as we would like.

And we are not basing 'what we would like' on your world class players.
That is a comparison to their own teammates.

David Gray or Lewis Stevenson?
Liam Fontaine or Paul Hanlon.

These answers tell us we can get better at Lb and CH.

Brightside
03-08-2015, 08:52 PM

Here's the thing, players generally- and I say generally- are picked up by us as being poorer than we hope for, for a reason.

The general consensus is he rarely beats a man, or tries to beat a man, and he rarely completes a cross further than the first man.

Now to point out that we would like better is not the same as singling out a player to 'boo'.

This a nonsense.

Lewis Stevenson and Paul Hanlon are consistently average, if at all reaching such an accolade.

My overall point is, just because we want better, doesn't mean we are slating a particular player, just means the particular player is not as good as we would like.

Utter nonsense. Seriously why does Paul Hanlon never get dropped when he's fit. Liam Fontaine is a no nonsense CH, if he makes mistake Hanlon covers for him, if Hanlon makes a mistake Fonts will cover for him. They are the best CH partnership we've had for many years. Its not like we leak loads of goals. Our reason for going down, and then not going up last year was due to us not creating and scoring enough. If Stubbs thought these players were weak links those positions would be high on his shopping list. They are not.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-08-2015, 09:12 PM
Partick signing Mattias Pogba (Paul Pogbas brother) was pretty decent down south iirc. Could be a good signing for them!

high bee
03-08-2015, 09:19 PM
Partick signing Mattias Pogba (Paul Pogbas brother) was pretty decent down south iirc. Could be a good signing for them!

Schneider & Pogba in the Scottish Prem. Impressive stuff.

Onceinawhile
03-08-2015, 09:33 PM
Schneider & Pogba in the Scottish Prem. Impressive stuff.

Sneijder even...

southern hibby
03-08-2015, 09:49 PM
Utter nonsense. Seriously why does Paul Hanlon never get dropped when he's fit. Liam Fontaine is a no nonsense CH, if he makes mistake Hanlon covers for him, if Hanlon makes a mistake Fonts will cover for him. They are the best CH partnership we've had for many years. Its not like we leak loads of goals. Our reason for going down, and then not going up last year was due to us not creating and scoring enough. If Stubbs thought these players were weak links those positions would be high on his shopping list. They are not.

Underscore, certain things A T has said I agree with and certain things you've said I agree with. However last season our pairing of Hanlon and Fontaine didn't look comfortable at cross balls and again against Wigan in the first half we looked certainly dodgy at cross balls.
If a player became available and was in our price range that could improve the team, I for one would have no problems with any player getting dropped and new player getting his game.
Stevenson does has his faults as does most players who play for Hibs however as long as they are wearing the green and they try their hardest they will always get my support.

GGTTH

Heedersnvolleys
03-08-2015, 10:27 PM
Its not like we leak loads of goals.
I take it the "The Rangers" game does not count? I would say we are not leaking goals mainly down to league we are in. Any team that actually has a go tends to score, they may not win but we did loose goals last year when we really shouldn't.

Ozyhibby
03-08-2015, 10:30 PM
I take it the "The Rangers" game does not count? I would say we are not leaking goals mainly down to league we are in. Any team that actually has a go tends to score, they may not win but we did loose goals last year when we really shouldn't.

If Bartley does the job I hope he will then that won't happen as much. A lot of goals we lost were breakaways that should have been stopped before they got going.

hibeemikey21
03-08-2015, 11:03 PM

This a nonsense.

Hanlon will move to a better club than Hibs in my opinion. Best years ahead of him and an extremely solid and experienced CH at 25. Next year or two. I'm certain of it.

HoboHarry
03-08-2015, 11:56 PM

This a nonsense.

Can you explain to the dafties (including me) who obviously know less than you, how Lewis managed to get voted onto the team of the year by his fellow professionals, if he can't even be as good as average some of the time? :rolleyes:

Alex Trager
04-08-2015, 01:54 AM
Can you explain to the dafties (including me) who obviously know less than you, how Lewis managed to get voted onto the team of the year by his fellow professionals, if he can't even be as good as average some of the time? :rolleyes:

I discussed this recently on here.

Everyone has their opinions about a player.

As far as Lewis stevenson's career has went I would agree last season was his best.

Now that could either be down to the fact that Stubbs has him playing better or that he is playing Shan teams.

I would not get rid of LS. He Is a good squad player to have. And he also has a good Christmas time song list

HoboHarry
04-08-2015, 02:29 AM
I discussed this recently on here.

Everyone has their opinions about a player.

As far as Lewis stevenson's career has went I would agree last season was his best.

Now that could either be down to the fact that Stubbs has him playing better or that he is playing Shan teams.

I would not get rid of LS. He Is a good squad player to have. And he also has a good Christmas time song list
Did he not win the player of the year a couple of years back when we were, shall we say, rather tougher on the eye? If I am remembering correctly then that would mean he was playing rather above average back then in a poor team and - as you yourself say - last season he was very good in a much better team. Doesn't really mesh with your statement about him not even reaching average does it?

Alex Trager
04-08-2015, 02:37 AM
Did he not win the player of the year a couple of years back when we were, shall we say, rather tougher on the eye? If I am remembering correctly then that would mean he was playing rather above average back then in a poor team and - as you yourself say - last season he was very good in a much better team. Doesn't really mesh with your statement about him not even reaching average does it?

Haha I recall all of us being a little confused as to why anyone got that award that year.

If you think Stevenson is good enough then fair enough.

In our recent years we have leaked goals on massive stages to a large degree.

Both players I mentioned were part of these teams constantly.

I am not for one suggesting that they are the sole reason that would be ludicrous.
I am saying they were part of teams destroyed.
And it just so happens they were part of the defensive set up two weeks ago when again we were humiliated.

We can get better.

HoboHarry
04-08-2015, 02:47 AM
Haha I recall all of us being a little confused as to why anyone got that award that year.

If you think Stevenson is good enough then fair enough.

In our recent years we have leaked goals on massive stages to a large degree.

Both players I mentioned were part of these teams constantly.

I am not for one suggesting that they are the sole reason that would be ludicrous.
I am saying they were part of teams destroyed.
And it just so happens they were part of the defensive set up two weeks ago when again we were humiliated.

We can get better.
But in the League we had the second best GA column with only Hearts having a better GA against column. Still, knock yourself out in setting out your own agenda.

bill the hibby
04-08-2015, 06:16 AM
Hearts offered £250k from Ipswich for mcghee and aren't letting him go unless it's doubled...am I missing something here? Can't remember the guy being that good.

Gmack7
04-08-2015, 06:27 AM
I'm 100% sure he's a tractor boy,has he demanded a transfer yet?

My_Wife_Camille
04-08-2015, 06:51 AM
But in the League we had the second best GA column with only Hearts having a better GA against column. Still, knock yourself out in setting out your own agenda.
Wtf are you on about agendas for? The guy doesn't think Lewis is great and has given his reasons for it. Why not try and put forward your own reasons instead of just accusing him of having an agenda?

bill the hibby
04-08-2015, 06:53 AM

Own agenda because he's expressed his opinion about a player?...like one said it seems like people aren't allowed to express their opinions about certain players at the club unless it's positive

Greenworld
04-08-2015, 07:29 AM
I get your positioning on this for the most games they do look solid and manager after manager has picked paul but manager after manager has left...maybe inadvertently we have stubbled on a problem.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Brightside
04-08-2015, 07:31 AM

The reason we lost so many against Rangers was down to our midfield completely losing their shape. 11 players defend in football.

Brightside
04-08-2015, 07:33 AM
Hanlon will move to a better club than Hibs in my opinion. Best years ahead of him and an extremely solid and experienced CH at 25. Next year or two. I'm certain of it.

Nah there are so many knowledgeable people on here that think he is gash. He'll be moving to Montrose at the end of the season! :rolleyes:

HH81
04-08-2015, 07:37 AM
Nah there are so many knowledgeable people on here that think he is gash. He'll be moving to Montrose at the end of the season! :rolleyes:

What level in England would you say his standard would be if he left Hibs today?

matty_f
04-08-2015, 07:40 AM
The reason we lost so many against Rangers was down to our midfield completely losing their shape. 11 players defend in football.

Nail on the head there. The full backs got no protection whatsoever from the midfield.

Brightside
04-08-2015, 07:49 AM
What level in England would you say his standard would be if he left Hibs today?

Championship or League 1. But he wont be leaving anytime soon thankfully.

bill the hibby
04-08-2015, 07:50 AM

Think you're being awfully kind to him thinking he could make it in the championship down south

Brightside
04-08-2015, 07:52 AM
Think you're being awfully kind to him thinking he could make it in the championship down south

Not in the slightest. He has plenty faults but ive seen plenty CH in the championship that I don't rate. They are also a bit more cultured in that league and quite like a footballer as a CH, rather than a header it 40yds player that some of our support crave.

hibbydog
04-08-2015, 07:58 AM

This a nonsense.

Good post.

The two players mentioned are solid and dependable, nothing more.

Blaster
04-08-2015, 08:03 AM

I agree. Some people think the championship in England is close to the premiership in terms of quality but it's nowhere near. In my opinion hanlon is a better centre half than Berra and he is doing ok in that league

oneone73
04-08-2015, 08:07 AM
I agree. Some people think the championship in England is close to the premiership in terms of quality but it's nowhere near. In my opinion hanlon is a better centre half than Berra and he is doing ok in that league

This.

Thecat23
04-08-2015, 08:13 AM

The reason we lost out wasn't not scoring enough at all. It was the whole team from defence through to the forwards. Our keeper shots to save ratio was poor we lost some horrific goals through bad defending. We didn't close teams down quick enough in midfield at times and up front we missed a few. So over all the whole team let themselves down!!

This season we must learn from last seasons mistakes which I think we will.

Ronniekirk
04-08-2015, 08:32 AM
The reason we lost out wasn't not scoring enough at all. It was the whole team from defence through to the forwards. Our keeper shots to save ratio was poor we lost some horrific goals through bad defending. We didn't close teams down quick enough in midfield at times and up front we missed a few. So over all the whole team let themselves down!!

I agree we must learn from last seasons mistakes and you have to assume Stubbs saw enough in the latter part of season to make him think he can continue to improve the players and some of the new players he has brought in can help with that as well . I do wonder though why he he has stuck with whole defence and possibly cover if he does bring in Keith Watson .
Everyone has opinions and I for one thought we could of got better than Oxley ,Lewis does need competition and in the Berwick game his delivery wasn't great and I did notice he was often in acres of space down the left but often players were not passing out to him . I do think that is one aspect where he needs to work on , but am trying to stay upbeat for this season and get behind the Team

We need to just get results in the first few games as it will now take time to bed in new players and get them match fit ,which means Stubbs in theory may know what he thinks his best team will be and formation to play ,and he now has options to change that .
However he will need to see them playing together ,so think we won't have continuity of team for a while and that's before we bring in another couple of players

J-C
04-08-2015, 08:48 AM
I personally think they were not nearly ready enough, it was mentioned on saturday's thread that a few players didn't look quite sharp enough yet, not anything to do with fitness but match sharpness. we swanned over to La Manga for some sun and a bounce game against Wigan, then had 3 yes just 3 pre season friendlies before the Rangers game. Whatever happened to the 6-7 pre season games you used to get so as players got up to speed and match sharpness, no matter all the running and training you do, playing games is more important pre season to get them ready, 3 games and a jaunt to the sunshine was in my opinion poor prep for the season ahead.

NorthNorfolkHFC
04-08-2015, 08:53 AM
If Bartley does the job I hope he will then that won't happen as much. A lot of goals we lost were breakaways that should have been stopped before they got going.

A lot of rangers goals some from the wings. Bartley won't get out there much.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

Baldy Foghorn
04-08-2015, 08:54 AM
I personally think they were not nearly ready enough, it was mentioned on saturday's thread that a few players didn't look quite sharp enough yet, not anything to do with fitness but match sharpness. we swanned over to La Manga for some sun and a bounce game against Wigan, then had 3 yes just 3 pre season friendlies before the Rangers game. Whatever happened to the 6-7 pre season games you used to get so as players got up to speed and match sharpness, no matter all the running and training you do, playing games is more important pre season to get them ready, 3 games and a jaunt to the sunshine was in my opinion poor prep for the season ahead.

:faf::faf:

Aye it was just a holiday right enough :rolleyes:

NorthNorfolkHFC
04-08-2015, 09:00 AM

You mention our speed at closing down, it's something that's bugged me for a while.

On Saturday despite putting away our opposition 'comfortably' I would question our hunger. It's a fine line between patience in attack and bullying teams into submission but I just don't think we are nasty enough to the smaller teams.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

Brightside
04-08-2015, 09:03 AM
The one thing I would like to see more of from both the Full Backs is getting right to the by-line and firing in cut backs. We always seem to do the same floating balls in from out wide.

S4uzee
04-08-2015, 09:07 AM
The one thing I would like to see more of from both the Full Backs is getting right to the by-line and firing in cut backs. We always seem to do the same floating balls in from out wide.

Or Stevenson always hits the first defender

J-C
04-08-2015, 09:14 AM
:faf::faf:

Aye it was just a holiday right enough :rolleyes:

Aye they've looked stunning in the 1st two competitive games right enough, never said a holiday but I couldn't see the benefit of it when we have a state of the art training centre and it was the summer so weather wasn't a problem, we are not match sharp and it can be seen in the disjointed games so far.

I also forgot you are another poster on here that thinks your views are the only ones that matters and everyone else on here is wrong, any reply generally is a sarcy comment

liamh2202
04-08-2015, 09:17 AM
Aye they've looked stunning in the 1st two competitive games right enough, never said a holiday but I couldn't see the benefit of it when we have a state of the art training centre and it was the summer so weather wasn't a problem, we are not match sharp and it can be seen in the disjointed games so far.

Weather wasn't a problem....?? There must be a micro climate around east mains then because I've not seen much decent weather over the last month. The aim of the camp was fitness and to me the team look fit enough. The league hasn't even started yet so there will be so.e competitive rustiness

Thecat23
04-08-2015, 09:18 AM
You mention our speed at closing down, it's something that's bugged me for a while.

On Saturday despite putting away our opposition 'comfortably' I would question our hunger. It's a fine line between patience in attack and bullying teams into submission but I just don't think we are nasty enough to the smaller teams.

Couldn't agree more. It's a pet hate of mine as its basic stuff. Hunt in packs when they have the ball and force errors. You watch any successful side and they pressure you and push you up the park! Well maybe Chelsea don't they park the bus but you get my drift!

Fitness is a key area and we need to be very fit to do this. Someone mentioned the Wigan game as a kick about and that's exactly what it was! I think we could have prepared better during the summer but that's just my personal opinion, I think we are doing most of it right but still one or two things need to improve if we are to win this league.

Thecat23
04-08-2015, 09:19 AM
Weather wasn't a problem....?? There must be a micro climate around east mains then because I've not seen much decent weather over the last month. The aim of the camp was fitness and to me the team look fit enough. The league hasn't even started yet so there will be so.e competitive rustiness

I'll be honest for 30 mins against The Rangers we looked fit then after that we were blowing out our *****!! I'm sure we will be fine but I'm far from convinced we were up to speed against them.

J-C
04-08-2015, 09:22 AM
Couldn't agree more. It's a pet hate of mine as its basic stuff. Hunt in packs when they have the ball and force errors. You watch any successful side and they pressure you and push you up the park! Well maybe Chelsea don't they park the bus but you get my drift!

Fitness is a key area and we need to be very fit to do this. Someone mentioned the Wigan game as a kick about and that's exactly what it was! I think we could have prepared better during the summer but that's just my personal opinion, I think we are doing most of it right but still one or two things need to improve if we are to win this league.

SSssssshhhhhhhh! don't say that, they'll be jumping all over it like a rash telling you we haven't started league games yet. :confused::wink:

high bee
04-08-2015, 09:23 AM
What I noticed in Saturday was that we really struggled when it rained, yes it was slippy but our passing and shooting was a bit suspect until it dried out. Maybe we need to get out in the rain a bit more. I may be completely wrong as I'm not privy to the info but it looked like we have been staying indoors during the wet weather.

Baldy Foghorn
04-08-2015, 09:26 AM

I also forgot you are another poster on here that thinks your views are the only ones that matters and everyone else on here is wrong, any reply generally is a sarcy comment

You stated that Hibs swanned to Spain for Sun and a bounce match, if you are going to post nonsense, then expect a retort.....

brog
04-08-2015, 09:26 AM

I 100% agree & I see a lot of championship games. One example is Gordon Greer, a journeyman in Scotland & centre back for Killie in a cup final where we put 5 past them. Now he's a Championship regular/captain & a Scottish international! We should also remember Paul H played most of last season out of position on the right side of defence, basically because he's more 2 footed than Liam F & had an excellent season.

Baldy Foghorn
04-08-2015, 09:28 AM
One or two on here saying we are under prepared, think I will leave that up to Hibs and the coaching staff on this subject. Some poster's obviously know better.....

J-C
04-08-2015, 09:35 AM
You stated that Hibs swanned to Spain for Sun and a bounce match, if you are going to post nonsense, then expect a retort.....

My opinion is they swanned off to La Manga as I cannot see the benefit of it as they haven't started all too well, forget Montrose as we should still beat them with the laddies, they look ill prepared in my opinion and it is my opinion which I am allowed to voice on this forum the last time I checked.

Baldy Foghorn
04-08-2015, 09:38 AM
My opinion is they swanned off to La Manga as I cannot see the benefit of it as they haven't started all too well, forget Montrose as we should still beat them with the laddies, they look ill prepared in my opinion and it is my opinion which I am allowed to voice on this forum the last time I checked.

Do you know what the team and coaches did in La Manga? Swanning around was one thing they didn't do....Ill prepared? Ok then.....:aok:

Of course you are allowed an opinion, but don't forget that opinion can also be questioned...

B.H.F.C
04-08-2015, 09:41 AM
One or two on here saying we are under prepared, think I will leave that up to Hibs and the coaching staff on this subject. Some poster's obviously know better.....

If we just left everything up to the club and agreed 100% with what they do then hibs.net wouldn't exist.

It's all about opinions and just because you don't like people criticising the club, it doesn't necessarily mean everybody else is wrong.

Baldy Foghorn
04-08-2015, 09:43 AM
If we just left everything up to the club and agreed 100% with what they do then hibs.net wouldn't exist.

It's all about opinions and just because you don't like people criticising the club, it doesn't necessarily mean everybody else is wrong.

I trust the coaching staff more than a few of the posters on here.....

Baldy Foghorn
04-08-2015, 09:45 AM
Safe to say we won't win League this Year, we are just so under prepared.......:rolleyes:

B.H.F.C
04-08-2015, 09:46 AM

Which is fair enough. But we don't all know what they've done behind the scenes, and being hammered 6-2 at home in our first competitive game certainly gives the impression they could have done a bit more to be ready.

gegs70
04-08-2015, 09:47 AM
[QUOTE=Baldy Foghorn;4431261]One or two on here saying we are under prepared, think I will leave that up to Hibs and the coaching staff on this subject. Some poster's obviously know better.....[/QUOTE

Under prepared, I think for once we brought in players earlier than usual, we are usually last few days. This season we brought players in early and a number of them are injured....seems just bad luck? They will be back soon although I though we were looking to sign some defensive cover and perhaps a striker???

Baldy Foghorn
04-08-2015, 09:51 AM
Which is fair enough. But we don't all know what they've done behind the scenes, and being hammered 6-2 at home in our first competitive game certainly gives the impression they could have done a bit more to be ready.

A game we should have been 2 or 3 up before they equalised. We lost sloppy goals, of that there is no doubt, but I think far too much is being read into that result. As AS said in an interview, if people are writing off the season based on that result, that's up to them. AS thought we were prepared going into that match. Should we have played more friendlies against lesser teams, would that have worked?

Baldy Foghorn
04-08-2015, 09:53 AM
[QUOTE=Baldy Foghorn;4431261]One or two on here saying we are under prepared, think I will leave that up to Hibs and the coaching staff on this subject. Some poster's obviously know better.....[/QUOTE

Under prepared, I think for once we brought in players earlier than usual, we are usually last few days. This season we brought players in early and a number of them are injured....seems just bad luck? They will be back soon although I though we were looking to sign some defensive cover and perhaps a striker???

Some just like to kick the Club at every opporchancity Gegs70:aok:

B.H.F.C
04-08-2015, 09:56 AM
A game we should have been 2 or 3 up before they equalised. We lost sloppy goals, of that there is no doubt, but I think far too much is being read into that result. As AS said in an interview, if people are writing off the season based on that result, that's up to them. AS thought we were prepared going into that match. Should we have played more friendlies against lesser teams, would that have worked?

I don't think anybody has written off our season. I've certainly not. All I've seen is people give the opinion that we could have prepared better. There is a difference between the two.

Ozyhibby
04-08-2015, 09:57 AM

While I agree with you on this issue, just saying that the coaching staff should be trusted has not served us well in the past.
We do seem a little under cooked going into the first game, which given how much of a deal we have been making about the importance of a good start is gambling a bit.
I think we will be good enough to get a result this week but we could also have been better prepared.

gegs70
04-08-2015, 09:58 AM
[QUOTE=gegs70;4431275]

Some just like to kick the Club at every opporchancity Gegs70:aok:

It's all been positive so far....I can't fault stubbs or leeanne we certainly don't have the cash the gers have. Hopefully we will have more players back for Saturday....

J-C
04-08-2015, 10:00 AM
[QUOTE=Baldy Foghorn;4431279

Some just like to kick the Club at every opporchancity Gegs70:aok:[/QUOTE]

Who the **** is kicking the club at every opportunity, some people have concerns we are not match sharp, not unfit just match sharp, we question this as the season actually started against Rangers, not as some will tell us when the league starts. I await your next sarcastic wonderful response :aok:

Baldy Foghorn
04-08-2015, 10:01 AM

Forget Montrose? Does that game not count?

Another game giving the players match time is what you wanted surely?

Baldy Foghorn
04-08-2015, 10:03 AM
Who the **** is kicking the club at every opportunity, some people have concerns we are not match sharp, not unfit just match sharp, we question this as the season actually started against Rangers, not as some will tell us when the league starts. I await your next sarcastic wonderful response :aok:

So saying the Club swanned to La Manga wasn't kicking the Club or being sarcastic....?

Anyhow, I will leave it there.....

Enjoy your day:aok:

Jim44
04-08-2015, 10:05 AM
Unexpected support from Ian Murray. He thinks we have the edge over Sevco to win the Championship outright because of our being together longer and being a head in front of them in terms of readiness to hit the ground running. "I could be wrong though." he adds. :greengrin

bill the hibby
04-08-2015, 10:11 AM
Any transfer news anyone?

brog
04-08-2015, 10:20 AM

And how many pre-season friendlies did Sevco have? If we'd played 6 or 7 friendlies I have no doubt there would be posters on here complaining we'd overdone it & probably blaming our injuries on playing too much. There are 6 players, McGinn, Allan, Keatings, Boyle, Carmichael, Farid, who will all be strongly competing for a 1st team place who haven't started a game yet plus Malonga & Forster who played less than 90 minutes in total. Let's wait until those players are available before passing judgement on our team.
PS, a friend of mine is moving back south after 2 years in Edinburgh, he just can't hack the weather. I've told him to look for a house near EM instead! :wink:

Mcpakeisgod

Ditto

Hibs History

Yes, that would be a nice change of pace :wink:

CRAZYHIBBY
04-08-2015, 10:25 AM
Its getting tiring reading about who said what and who thinks we are yadayadayada.......can we just stick to transfer rumours? .....im hearing we could be in for another striker

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-08-2015, 10:26 AM
90% of this thread is full of off topic pish.

Baldy Foghorn
04-08-2015, 10:31 AM
90% of this thread is full of off topic pish.

The thread title is Hibernian F.C.transfer thread & other random crap:greengrin

hibbymick
04-08-2015, 10:37 AM
Unexpected support from Ian Murray. He thinks we have the edge over Sevco to win the Championship outright because of our being together longer and being a head in front of them in terms of readiness to hit the ground running. "I could be wrong though." he adds. :greengrin

I dont buy this. Weve brought a few new guys in so they will have to bed into the team. Rangers were a lot sharper than us in the petrofac and looked well up to speed.

Ronniekirk
04-08-2015, 10:40 AM
Its getting tiring reading about who said what and who thinks we are yadayadayada.......can we just stick to transfer rumours? .....im hearing we could be in for another striker

On the basis we currently only have Cummings Fit and young Lewis ?😜

Mcpakeisgod
04-08-2015, 10:40 AM

Too shay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HH81
04-08-2015, 10:42 AM
My post was one of the funny ones on the thread if that is the standard of what gets deleted a lot posts will be gone!

--------
04-08-2015, 10:47 AM

Well, there's a lot of random crap being posted all right.

It doesn't matter what the title of the tread is, or how it starts off, sooner or later it comes back to the same posters slagging off the same players, usually in the exact same words. Leading to the same old SAME OLD arguments.

Boring! :devil:

Maybe some transfer news - even totally unfounded transfer rumours - would be nice, instead of the usual random crap from the usual random crapsters?

Brightside
04-08-2015, 10:58 AM

Nah - its the lad that played in the Dev team and scored.

Jim44
04-08-2015, 11:04 AM
Well, there's a lot of random crap being posted all right.

It doesn't matter what the title of the tread is, or how it starts off, sooner or later it comes back to the same posters slagging off the same players, usually in the exact same words. Leading to the same old SAME OLD arguments.

Boring! :devil:

Maybe some transfer news - even totally unfounded transfer rumours - would be nice, instead of the usual random crap from the usual random crapsters?

I think my random crap is a step above some of the other random crap on this thread. :greengrin:

Borderhibbie76
04-08-2015, 11:05 AM
Not so much random crap...more just crap bickering if the last 3 pages are anything to go by...😕

Lago
04-08-2015, 11:20 AM
Thats Stevenson's greats failing, stops his run, checks in a tries a cross, which unfortunately is not a strong point of his.

MrRobot
04-08-2015, 11:29 AM
I agree we must learn from last seasons mistakes and you have to assume Stubbs saw enough in the latter part of season to make him think he can continue to improve the players and some of the new players he has brought in can help with that as well . I do wonder though why he he has stuck with whole defence and possibly cover if he does bring in Keith Watson .
Everyone has opinions and I for one thought we could of got better than Oxley ,Lewis does need competition and in the Berwick game his delivery wasn't great and I did notice he was often in acres of space down the left but often players were not passing out to him . I do think that is one aspect where he needs to work on , but am trying to stay upbeat for this season and get behind the Team

We need to just get results in the first few games as it will now take time to bed in new players and get them match fit ,which means Stubbs in theory may know what he thinks his best team will be and formation to play ,and he now has options to change that .
However he will need to see them playing together ,so think we won't have continuity of team for a while and that's before we bring in another couple of players

He needs to work on people passing to him when he has been clever enough to be in acres of space? Wow.

Also, his end ball can't be that bad with the amount of assists last season(can't remember the exact figure)

FFS his ball through to Cummings against Berwick Rangers in the cup last season(I think it was v Berwick) was one of the best assists last season, absolutely cut the defence open.

Craigs gone - Lewis welcome to being the new boo boy :rolleyes:

This isn't just at you, I just dont understand the level of criticism that Lewis gets, despite getting in team of the year?

We have what is to be judged the best performing left back in the Scottish Championship, yet he's not good enough?

500miles
04-08-2015, 11:51 AM
Hibs have had a decent offer from a Serie A team for Malonga. The player has been informed, and Stubbs has been told the money can go directly to his replacement - striker in the English championship, semi regular last season, played in Scotland previously - has a bit of history with us too.

Billy Whizz
04-08-2015, 11:53 AM
Hibs have had a decent offer from a Serie A team for Malonga. The player has been informed, and Stubbs has been told the money can go directly to his replacement - striker in the English championship, semi regular last season, played in Scotland previously - has a bit of history with us too.

If this is true, I'd think we'd sell, if we can get an adequate replacement in. Who's the championship striker

Hibs History
04-08-2015, 11:54 AM

Ooooooo now this is what the thread should be about!!!

liamh2202
04-08-2015, 11:56 AM
He needs to work on people passing to him when he has been clever enough to be in acres of space? Wow.

Also, his end ball can't be that bad with the amount of assists last season(can't remember the exact figure)

FFS his ball through to Cummings against Berwick Rangers in the cup last season(I think it was v Berwick) was one of the best assists last season, absolutely cut the defence open.

This isn't just at you, I just dont understand the level of criticism that Lewis gets, despite getting in team of the year?

We have what is to be judged the best performing left back in the Scottish Championship, yet he's not good enough?

I like lewis but no way hes a better lb than Lee wallace

500miles
If this is true, I'd think we'd sell, if we can get an adequate replacement in. Who's the championship striker

Don't want to give too much away, but Stubbs is the attraction as they overlapped at Everton.

Ronniekirk

Ok I hear what you are saying ,and by and large I am a Lewis fan and wanted him to sign a new contract . The bit you have highlighted ,is badly worded by me My only constructive criticism , was agreeing that IMO the one aspect of his game he needs to work at improving is crosses intto the box . Once he has had a few poor crosses it's possible some players then choose other more difficult options than just pass it out wide to Lewis .Just an observation and could be I am reading too mutch into that ,but it is my current opinion and you are entitled to yours . I don't boo any player ,but pointing out an area I think he could work on to improve as a player isn't a wholesale criticism of the player . He is one of the few players that doesn't really have competition for his place and when he needed rested towards the end of last season he couldn't as there was no one to fill that role .

Franck Stanton
04-08-2015, 11:58 AM

Okay I'll bite, [desperate for ANY transfer news to be honest], how about a name ? Cannae just leave us hanging like this, seems to be too many variables, depends if Malonga wants to go, will he -won't he ?

500miles
04-08-2015, 12:03 PM
Okay I'll bite, [desperate for ANY transfer news to be honest], how about a name ? Cannae just leave us hanging like this, seems to be too many variables, depends if Malonga wants to go, will he -won't he ?

Malonga's offer isn't the biggest secret It's Sassuolo who are after him.

Our man from down south is under contract, so doubt the club would be happy to release his name at the minute, but he didn't have a great year last year after some fair expectation.

He'd skoosh this league. Scorer of great goals against us anyway.

muzzando
04-08-2015, 12:03 PM
First name that comes to mind for me is James Vaughan, without doing any actual checking for other ex everton english championship strikers

S4uzee
04-08-2015, 12:05 PM

Our man from down south is under contract, so doubt the club would be happy to release his name at the minute, but he didn't have a great year last year after some fair expectation.

Kieran Agard?

Brightside
04-08-2015, 12:06 PM
Don't want to give too much away, but Stubbs is the attraction as they overlapped at Everton.

Big Dunc!!

HappyHanlon
04-08-2015, 12:06 PM
First name that comes to mind for me is James Vaughan, without doing any actual checking for other ex everton english championship strikers

Funnily enough that jumped out at me but I don't think he's played in Scotland.

Ozyhibby
04-08-2015, 12:07 PM
Can't be many former Everton strikers who have scored great goals against us currently playing in the English championship?

MrRobot

Stevie May

liamh2202
Wayne Rooney underperformed last year and overlapped Stubbs. Unfortunately I don't think he would piss this league so I don't think it can be him

Liams
04-08-2015, 12:08 PM

Only person i could think off the top of my head would be doyle, but i would think he would want to prove himself for cardiff.. So i have no idea!

Ozyhibby
04-08-2015, 12:08 PM
Kieran Agard?

1 goal for Killie, was it against us?

Ozyhibby
04-08-2015, 12:09 PM
Stevie May

Never been at Everton

andy1875
Was there not a lad from Aberdeen who went to Sheff Wed that we've been linked with in the past. I can't mind his name.

Don't think there has been link with Stubbs though :confused:

Hmmmm.

matty_f
Who was the boy that scored the equaliser for motherwell in the 6-6 game?

Ozyhibby
04-08-2015, 12:10 PM
Checked Agard, scored against the yams

hibeemikey21
04-08-2015, 12:10 PM
Who was the boy that scored the equaliser for motherwell in the 6-6 game?

Ahah - jukebox! Think that's the one!

S4uzee
04-08-2015, 12:11 PM
1 goal for Killie, was it against us?
Against Hearts

stoneyburn hibs
04-08-2015, 12:11 PM
I'm stumped as to who it could be. Championship striker who's scored against us, and has been at Everton whilst Stubbs was there ???

BH Hibs
04-08-2015, 12:12 PM
Lucas Jutskewicz?

Ozyhibby
04-08-2015, 12:14 PM
Lukas Jutkiewicz. Had heard from an admittedly not very reliable source (a yam) that we were sniffing about. Possibly could be linked.
Fits the bill

Hamish
04-08-2015, 12:14 PM
Could be, was at Everton between 2007 and 2010.

liamh2202
04-08-2015, 12:15 PM
Lucas Jutskewicz?

Surely not.. Imagine the club store trying to keep all those letters in stock. They can't even manage Allan lol

SteveHFC
04-08-2015, 12:17 PM
Fits the bill

Would be an excellent signing at this level.

Brightside
as much as I think he would be a great signing we surely cant afford his wages... he must be on 10k+

muzzando
Zero chance we're getting Jutkiewicz, he was sold to burnley only last summer for £2.5M