PDA

View Full Version : Hibs transfer thread (Last Day Update - Anier / Feruz (both loan) in, None out)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

scoopyboy
24-07-2015, 08:45 PM
Nope Celtic don't want Allan and he;d never sign for them.

Could be famous last words underscore.:greengrin :greengrin:greengrin

In the last hour I have had a conversation with an employee of a top Scottish club.

I believe Celtic will come in for Scott Allan and Dylan McGeouch will be part of the deal.

I can't say who I was speaking to but I would say to you "Watch this space".

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-07-2015, 08:48 PM

In the last hour I have had a conversation with an employee of a top Scottish club.

I believe Celtic will come in for Scott Allan and Dylan McGeouch will be part of the deal.

Depending on how much Celtic offered, I'd be tempted to accept if McGeouch is included. Rather sell to Celtic than Sevco anyways!

B.H.F.C
24-07-2015, 08:50 PM

Interesting. Would be much better than selling to the Huns.

If the money was reinvested in the team it could work for us. If it was banked then we'd still be weakened IMO.

I don't think Allan would get a game there.

bingo70
24-07-2015, 08:51 PM
Wasn't a massive fan of Mcgeoch but he was alright, Allan going to Celtic for a more realistic fee and us getting him plus possibly another (forget the other Celtic players name we were linked with) is probably the best all round solution.

Brightside
24-07-2015, 08:52 PM

Ha! Will there you go.... Would he replace Johanson? If he is such a mad rangers boy surely he wouldn't? But i will watch this space sir! :wink:

Gmack7
24-07-2015, 08:59 PM
Ha! Will there you go.... Would he replace Johanson? If he is such a mad rangers boy surely he wouldn't? But i will watch this space sir! :wink:

Money (wages) makes folk do strange things.
Maybe they'll loan him back for a season

lucky
24-07-2015, 09:04 PM
If SA signs for Celtic he'd become a real hate figure for Rangers fans, the guys life would be made unbearable. I just can't see him wanting that amount of hassle

Jonnyboy
24-07-2015, 09:05 PM

Imagine the reaction on swallow swallow :faf:

B.H.F.C
24-07-2015, 09:09 PM
If SA signs for Celtic he'd become a real hate figure for Rangers fans, the guys life would be made unbearable. I just can't see him wanting that amount of hassle

Double the wage he'd het at Ibrox and potential champions league might take his mind off it. Although I don't think he would play every week.

scoopyboy
24-07-2015, 09:12 PM

Obviously I could be wrong but even if Allan doesn't go I still think we might end up with McGeouch.

He won't keep Johanson out the team but he might go if Celtic don't make Champions League.

For me he is no worse than Armstrong.

Time will tell.

Del Boy
24-07-2015, 09:14 PM
Think Armstrong is better than Allan, much faster and better finisher.

24-07-2015, 09:21 PM
Wasn't a massive fan of Mcgeoch but he was alright, Allan going to Celtic for a more realistic fee and us getting him plus possibly another (forget the other Celtic players name we were linked with) is probably the best all round solution.

McGeough + Griffiths offered in exchange for Allan then we might start talking :wink: :greengrin

Seriously though, I agree. It would stop our biggest league rivals from being strengthened against us.

ManBearPig
25-07-2015, 01:32 AM
Is it true that McGinn has signed bounce is reporting he has

Hibeesmad
25-07-2015, 02:18 AM
I believe that we were interested in James Bailey a few weeks ago, who has just been released by Barnsley. I doubt anything will happen now that Bartley has been signed up but there was definitely interest

AlbertK86
25-07-2015, 08:15 AM
McCabe GRASS

Like it

Ronniekirk
25-07-2015, 08:19 AM

Some people appear to believe he has signed but not sure any of our usual itk posters have heard likewise so it's wait and see on this one

Billy Whizz
25-07-2015, 08:20 AM
Some people appear to believe he has signed but not sure any of our usual it's posters have heard likewise so it's wait and see on this one

Ronnie, Any inside word on this from Paisley

Ronniekirk
25-07-2015, 08:26 AM
Ronnie, Any inside word on this from Paisley

Know a lot of season ticket holders who are going to the game today ,so will ask them to ask around My daughter knows ex midfielder who was released by St Mirren and still without a club ,but his father has connections on the board so will ask her to text him and see if he replies .
If I get anything concrete will text you

davidw
25-07-2015, 09:24 AM

Don't know much about McGinn so just asked a St.Mirren pal - said he is "a real talent", so sounds good.

Obviously he's total mince at catching javelins, however, but you can't have it all.

davidw
25-07-2015, 10:22 AM
Now on BBC

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33663316

hfc rd
25-07-2015, 10:28 AM
Never seem McGinn play. But judging by some of the comments on here and on the bounce, he does sound like a very good footballer.

Anyone know what sort of midfielder he is? Defensive? Attacking? Creative playmaker? Box to box? Anchorman?

DH1875
25-07-2015, 11:15 AM
Now on BBC

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33663316

What is?
Can't get the link to open on my phone.

J-C
25-07-2015, 11:20 AM
What is?
Can't get the link to open on my phone.

McGinn in talks, sorting out comp etc, verifies what a few have been saying.

Looks like we're getting ready to to offload Allan and get replacements in, McGinn and hopefully McGeouch would soften the blow.

Mikey09
25-07-2015, 02:51 PM
McGinn in talks, sorting out cop etc, verifies what a few have been saying.

Looks like we're getting ready to to offload Allan and get replacements in, McGinn and hopefully McGeouch would soften the blow.

I was told McGinn was at east mains the other day in talks. Also Rhys McCabe been training with us with the view to signing. Apologies if already posted.

essexhibee
25-07-2015, 03:32 PM

Interesting stuff.

Getting to the point now where the aggro is tiresome. No matter how good a player Allan is if he can't be arsed there's no point having him. Offload him not to a fee and not a rival and with Dylan coming the other way + McGinn I think we might be ok.

California-Hibs
25-07-2015, 03:45 PM
I was told McGinn was at east mains the other day in talks. Also Rhys McCabe been training with us with the view to signing. Apologies if already posted.

Is that a definate? That McCabe has been training with us? That would an exciting very decent player!

DH1875
25-07-2015, 04:53 PM
Is that a definate? That McCabe has been training with us? That would an exciting very decent player!

He was training with St J. Wonder why they haven't signed him.

Ronniekirk
25-07-2015, 05:14 PM
McGinn in talks, sorting out comp etc, verifies what a few have been saying.

Interesting Ian Murray when asked about McGinn said he hadn't seen the player ,but he wouldn't be going anywhere until someone matched thier valuation of the player So clearly that hasn't happened yet unless the Board haven't told thier manager,but hopefully talks ongoing and it gets resolved soon

Ronniekirk
25-07-2015, 05:14 PM

They signed Liam Craig instead

GordonHFC
25-07-2015, 05:42 PM
Interesting Ian Murray when asked about McGinn said he hadn't seen the player ,but he wouldn't be going anywhere until someone matched thier valuation of the player So clearly that hasn't happened yet unless the Board haven't told thier manager,but hopefully talks ongoing and it gets resolved soon

It's not up to Ian Murray whether he signs for someone else or not. He can sign for anyone and the development fee can be agreed after that or it will go to a tribunal to settle.

Mikey09
25-07-2015, 05:49 PM

Yes. From a very reliable person. Can't say who for fear of dropping them in the ****.

bingo70
25-07-2015, 06:09 PM
Yes. From a very reliable person. Can't say who for fear of dropping them in the ****.

It was in the papers today or yesterday so you should be safe

Mikey09
25-07-2015, 06:15 PM
It was in the papers today or yesterday so you should be safe

Cool. Sorry don't read the papers. Was just posting what he told me. :thumbsup:

IberianHibernian
25-07-2015, 06:21 PM
They signed Liam Craig insteadNot sure of timescale of Liam Craig signing and McGinn training with ( Perth ) Saints so don`t know if manager had to choose between the 2 but when we decided to let LC and Robertson go or not offer them terms they were likely to accept you assume Stubbs had better alternatives lined up or was very confident he`d find them . We`ll see if Bartley proves to be better and hope McGinn or whoever we sign is also an improvement .

Andy74
25-07-2015, 06:26 PM
Not sure of timescale of Liam Craig signing and McGinn training with ( Perth ) Saints so don`t know if manager had to choose between the 2 but when we decided to let LC and Robertson go or not offer them terms they were likely to accept you assume Stubbs had better alternatives lined up or was very confident he`d find them . We`ll see if Bartley proves to be better and hope McGinn or whoever we sign is also an improvement .

It was McCabe they had training.

IberianHibernian
25-07-2015, 06:33 PM
It was McCabe they had training.Yes my mistake . Of the three Mcs mentioned if we get one I hope it`s McGeoch - when fit I thought he was better than Allan and if given a decent contract and made to feel important could be better signing than keeping SA for final year .

J-C
26-07-2015, 01:45 AM
The thing that annoys me right now is we have all these injuries, Handling is then out for min 6 months, you'd have thought the management would have pushed through the signing of at least one maybe even 2 of these midfielders we're talking about, especially with all the Allan crap as well. Having to play a young totally inexperienced laddie in the middle of the park in this game was utterly ridiculous, he's even told Stanton that he can leave if he wants, so he's playing another player he doesn't rate, a shambles from the club at the moment regarding signings.Get them and get them done now, we kick off proper in 2 weeks. :confused:

SteveHFC
26-07-2015, 02:40 PM
It was McCabe they had training.

McCabe could be a decent signing for us.

greenlex
26-07-2015, 03:09 PM

The word is they needed to progress in Europe to be able to afford both him and Craig.

cloudy
26-07-2015, 08:43 PM
I'm hearing 500000 plus Dylan is the celtic offer for SA. Anyone else heard this?

Heisenberg
26-07-2015, 08:45 PM
I'm hearing 500000 plus Dylan is the celtic offer for SA. Anyone else heard this?

I would take that offer in an instant. Gets us a decent replacement in McGeough and would allow us to pay for McGinn/strengthen further.

However i get the feeling Allan would just reject any contract offers from Celtc.

Scottie
26-07-2015, 08:55 PM
Where you hearing that from ?

HoboHarry
26-07-2015, 08:58 PM
Oddly enough I haven't heard it. Nor do I believe it.

cloudy
26-07-2015, 09:13 PM
Where you hearing that from ?

No great source couple of boys at the 5s tonight mentioned it thought I'd ask on here if you boys had heard the same obviously not then

number9dream
26-07-2015, 09:16 PM
Chap with strong St Mirren connections tells me McGinn told him he is "nowhere near" a deal with Hibs.
Apparently asking for a very high wage, while Buddies are desperate to find anyone willing to stump up £100,000 in compo.
Still hoping for a move to US with Houston, who would need to remove a foreign player to make room for him.

St Mirren chap also said McGinn was honking last season.

McCabe quoted in Mail on Sunday talking about Hibs. Similar to McGinn, busy player with decent engine but not one that is likely to create much.

Brooster
26-07-2015, 09:20 PM

Havent heard of that particular offer but I have heard from two sources that Celtic are watching things closely.

Scottie
26-07-2015, 09:23 PM
No great source couple of boys at the 5s tonight mentioned it thought I'd ask on here if you boys had heard the same obviously not then
Na no heard that but wouldn't be the worst if it happened IMO as I can only see the SA situation going one way and that's going to be problems with him if he stays at ER this season.

Hibeesmad
26-07-2015, 09:26 PM
Rumours that we have made a bid for Will Vaulks from Falkirk?

S4uzee
26-07-2015, 09:29 PM

He would be an excellent signing, would prefer him to McGinn tbh

greenlex
26-07-2015, 09:34 PM
Oddly enough I haven't heard it. Nor do I believe it.

I think that maybe my fault. I was winding some Rangers fans up on Facebook and that was the deal. Maybe someone's picked up on it. I didn't think they would bite as I also added that Henderson on loan was part of the deal and that ScottAllan would be loaned back to until the seasons end.😀 when I was challenged as to why Celtic would oay 500k for a player to loan him back when they could get him for nothing at the end if the supposed loan I just countered with " because they could"

Libby Hibby
26-07-2015, 09:40 PM

Good player and while we are at it, we should ask to speak with Sibbald too.

SteveHFC
26-07-2015, 09:41 PM
Good player and while we are at it, we should ask to speak with Sibbald too.

Should just offer £200k for them both.

SMAXXA
26-07-2015, 09:45 PM

No because that's not true

greenlex
26-07-2015, 09:51 PM
No because that's not true

Just because it's not true doesn't mean you can't hear it though.

Ronniekirk
26-07-2015, 09:56 PM

But would they sell to one of thier main rivals for play offs and weaken themselves in the process:confused:i if the rumour is true would need to be a decent bid to get him

Unseen work
26-07-2015, 10:13 PM
Vaulks, mcginn, mcgeough and McCabe are all good players who would no doubt enhance the team and provide quality. Getting them on the other hand is a different matter.

Sibbald I'm not fussed about as iv never actually seen him play well, seems to do nothing for the majority of games I have seen.

Don't want to get into the Allan debate as I don't think anyone has a clue what is going on, but I think if he leaves Cummings might jump ship too, unsure what team though.

greenlex
26-07-2015, 10:20 PM
Vaulks, mcginn, mcgeough and McCabe are all good players who would no doubt enhance the team and provide quality. Getting them on the other hand is a different matter.

Sibbald I'm not fussed about as iv never actually seen him play well, seems to do nothing for the majority of games I have seen.

Don't want to get into the Allan debate as I don't think anyone has a clue what is going on, but I think if he leaves Cummings might jump ship too, unsure what team though.

How on earth do you get Cummings going if Allan Does?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-07-2015, 10:22 PM
Where are we getting the money to bid for Vaulks and pay 100k compo for McGinn?

Unseen work
26-07-2015, 10:30 PM
How on earth do you get Cummings going if Allan Does?

Personal opinion. Cummings gets on great with Allan and is well aware he is one of the main reasons he scored so many goals and had a good season. I think he will look at it in a way of if hibs are selling the best player to our main rivals it won't do him any favours staying around. Also with the stuff that has been in the press lately, would be easy to leave to get away from it all and he will talk to Scott about it if the opportunity was to arise. He will also see lee Erwin have half a decent season and get a brilliant move to Leeds.

The_Horde
26-07-2015, 10:55 PM
Where are we getting the money to bid for Vaulks and pay 100k compo for McGinn?

Hsl?

hibees 7062
26-07-2015, 11:10 PM
Hibs interested in Stephen Kingsley

H18 SFR
26-07-2015, 11:13 PM
Given that we haven't really paid out much in the way of transfer fees in recent times, would it be safe to say that we're only after free agents and specifically those with no compo fees etc. All this talk of Mcginn and 100k, can we afford that?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-07-2015, 11:25 PM
Hsl?

Yeah but surely that wont cover the supposed bid for Vaulks never mind the 100k plus for McGinn?

SteveHFC
26-07-2015, 11:26 PM
Yeah but surely that wont cover the supposed bid for Vaulks never mind the 100k plus for McGinn?

Vaulks and McGinn would be cracking signings along with McGeouch and Kingsley.

StarMan10
26-07-2015, 11:53 PM
Personal opinion. Cummings gets on great with Allan and is well aware he is one of the main reasons he scored so many goals and had a good season. I think he will look at it in a way of if hibs are selling the best player to our main rivals it won't do him any favours staying around. Also with the stuff that has been in the press lately, would be easy to leave to get away from it all and he will talk to Scott about it if the opportunity was to arise. He will also see lee Erwin have half a decent season and get a brilliant move to Leeds.

Whilst you're right about Allan and Cummings being good mates last season, I'm not so sure that's the case now. As a few on here have said, some of the players aren't best pleased with Scotty and I think Jase is one of them. Should add this is all rumours I've heard and not claiming to know this as facts.

SMAXXA
27-07-2015, 08:24 AM
Just because it's not true doesn't mean you can't hear it though.

Didn't say you couldn't

CRAZYHIBBY
27-07-2015, 08:28 AM
When does the window close

Greenworld
27-07-2015, 08:33 AM
When does the window close
1ST SEPT

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

andrew70
27-07-2015, 08:38 AM

Where'd you hear this mate?

Would be happy with this. He's predominantly a LB but can offer cover at centre half and in midfield IIRC. A versatile option and highly rated, intrigued to see if anything else comes of this.

Iain G
27-07-2015, 08:38 AM

Is that Bens brother? :greengrin

Brightside
27-07-2015, 08:41 AM

Does he? Allan isn't really that friendly with any of the Hibs team. He certainly doesn't socialise with many of them outside of football.

JimBHibees
27-07-2015, 09:12 AM

I had heard something similar of 250k plus Dylan permanent plus Liam Henderson on loan which I wouild take in a second however Allan has nailed his colours to the mast in many ways and would IMO find it diffcult to now sign for Celtc. Not a great source.

Green Cabbage 7
27-07-2015, 09:13 AM
If Allan hands in a transfer request, I hope hibs show strength and don't wimper too a players demand, stick him in the reserves and leave him there, he can go when we decide or when his contract is up!

JimBHibees
27-07-2015, 09:13 AM
Does he? Allan isn't really that friendly with any of the Hibs team. He certainly doesn't socialise with many of them outside of football.

He does stay in Glasgow though so not that easy.

JimBHibees
27-07-2015, 09:15 AM
He would be an excellent signing, would prefer him to McGinn tbh I wouldnt to be honest. Decent enough however McGinn has bee playing top league for a number of years.

ancient hibee
27-07-2015, 09:16 AM
If Allan hands in a transfer request, I hope hibs show strength and don't wimper too a players demand, stick him in the reserves and leave him there, he can go when we decide or when his contract is up!

Why stick him in the reserves-not that we have a reserve team-he'd continue to play in the first team and continue to be the main player.

number9dream
27-07-2015, 09:19 AM
Dylan McGeouch hasn't featured in any of Celtic's pre-season games, while lots of other fringe players have had some game time. Is he injured or just totally out of the picture?

JimBHibees
27-07-2015, 09:21 AM
Dylan McGeouch hasn't featured in any of Celtic's pre-season games, while lots of other fringe players have had some game time. Is he injured or just totally out of the picture?

That would be my bet.

Cod Boy
27-07-2015, 09:37 AM
So if he comes he won't be match fit

Green Cabbage 7
27-07-2015, 09:44 AM
Why stick him in the reserves-not that we have a reserve team-he'd continue to play in the first team and continue to be the main player.

May depend on his attitude and if he decides to be a passenger! We can't have passengers no matter how good they are!

greenlex
27-07-2015, 09:49 AM
Didn't say you couldn't
True but you did say you hadn't heard it because it's not true.:wink:

Unseen work
27-07-2015, 09:55 AM

That's what I have been told, him Jason, Danny and Forster are all close from what I understand. This photo seems to back it up anyway. Not doubting what you have been told though.

DH1875
27-07-2015, 10:08 AM

I've no poblem if he hands in a transfer request. I've no problem if we sell him. As long as he doesn't end up at der hun I don't care where he ends up.

NAE NOOKIE
27-07-2015, 10:40 AM

Mainly a left back .....high time we looked at competition for that spot. That's not a pop at Lewis, but it would be good to see us have options there.

hibees 7062
27-07-2015, 10:42 AM
Where'd you hear this mate?

Would be happy with this. He's predominantly a LB but can offer cover at centre half and in midfield IIRC. A versatile option and highly rated, intrigued to see if anything else comes of this.

Text last night

hibees 7062
27-07-2015, 10:44 AM

I've got a great photo here of him with his team mates . He wouldn't want this on Twitter or here though :wink:

J-C
27-07-2015, 10:47 AM
Mainly a left back .....high time we looked at competition for that spot. That's not a pop at Lewis, but it would be good to see us have options there.

Stubbs use Lewis as a DM, reads the game fairly well, decent pace and can tackle with best of them, that's just me thinking out loud mind. :greengrin

Smartie
27-07-2015, 10:49 AM

We need competition for all places, Lewis is no different.

TBH, you could have driven a bus through that midfield at times on Saturday, I think we could do worse than have Lewis back in centre-mid (until we get Bartley fit/ new blood in) if we could get someone we can rely on to play on the left.

Smartie
27-07-2015, 10:50 AM
Stubbs use Lewis as a DM, reads the game fairly well, decent pace and can tackle with best of them, that's just me thinking out loud mind. :greengrin

I must have heard you thinking out loud when I was writing my last post.

Great minds and all that…..

andrew70
27-07-2015, 10:51 AM
Text last night

Thanks mate - interesting, hope more comes of this!

Ronniekirk
27-07-2015, 10:58 AM
So if he comes he won't be match fit

Should fit in nicely with all the other new players them:wink:

hibees 7062
27-07-2015, 11:09 AM
Forster out for 4 weeks :rolleyes:

Billy Whizz
27-07-2015, 11:09 AM
Thanks mate - interesting, hope more comes of this!

Don't know this name, who is he

hibees 7062
27-07-2015, 11:11 AM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/s526x395/11752553_10204687336959700_5139395241662326689_n.j pg?oh=8c52ccc923c14942eb6a78917f5b2b0e&oe=564B643B

hibees 7062
27-07-2015, 11:12 AM
Don't know this name, who is he

Played for Falkirk

Billy Whizz
Played for Falkirk

Ta

Spike Mandela

Can't remember us ever approaching a new season with so many key players out.

Just bad luck or something more to it?:confused:

Hamish
27-07-2015, 11:14 AM
Kingsley came through the Falkirk academy and debuted at 16 IIRC. Sold to Swansea on a 3 year deal round about when Jay Fulton, son of Steve, was transferred there as well. Was at Yeovil on loan last season.

Highly thought of, Scotland U!6 and U17's

Alfred E Newman
27-07-2015, 11:14 AM

No surprise. He is out more than he is in.

MSK
27-07-2015, 11:16 AM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/s526x395/11752553_10204687336959700_5139395241662326689_n.j pg?oh=8c52ccc923c14942eb6a78917f5b2b0e&oe=564B643BMust be a cracking player if the mighty Crewe United are interested too 😃

Lago
27-07-2015, 11:17 AM
Begining to get a bit fed up with the number of players hibs have on trial, are training with them or are interested in and then ...... nothing happens..... silence. We need some good news to lift our spirits.

Hamish
27-07-2015, 11:17 AM

Would think Keith Watson (or another defender) would now be a priority.

An ability to defend a definite plus.

NorthNorfolkHFC
27-07-2015, 11:18 AM

Looking like quite an injury prone player

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

Ronniekirk
27-07-2015, 11:21 AM
Can't remember us ever approaching a new season with so many key players out.

Just bad luck or something more to it?:confused:

Whatever the problem is we can't afford any more injuries and for me no sense in signing someone where there has been recent injury or fitness problems ie Kieth Watson we simply can't gamble now .its fit players we need

mim
27-07-2015, 11:24 AM
Must be a cracking player if the mighty Crewe United are interested too 

Who exactly is Crewe United? :confused:

MSK
27-07-2015, 11:27 AM
Who exactly is Crewe United? :confused:Havent the foggiest mate

NAE NOOKIE
27-07-2015, 11:30 AM
Must be a cracking player if the mighty Crewe United are interested too 

That's us out then, we cant match the spending power of Crewe United. My partners step dad's son in law owns Crew Alexandra ( nae kiddin' ) and they are always losing players to the mighty Crewe United :greengrin

brog
27-07-2015, 11:35 AM
That's us out then, we cant match the spending power of Crewe United. My partners step dad's son in law owns Crew Alexandra ( nae kiddin' ) and they are always losing players to the mighty Crewe United :greengrin

I believe there's already a pic of Scott Allan out drinking with Crewe United players in the Railway Tavern last night! :wink:

Billy Whizz
27-07-2015, 11:38 AM

Brought back from injury before he was fit in my opinion

nellio
27-07-2015, 11:41 AM

Is it a re-occurance of the same injury?

Baldy Foghorn
27-07-2015, 11:42 AM

Keith Watson won't be signing...........

Baldy Foghorn
27-07-2015, 11:44 AM
Begining to get a bit fed up with the number of players hibs have on trial, are training with them or are interested in and then ...... nothing happens..... silence. We need some good news to lift our spirits.

So Hibs take players on trial, then decide they don't want them? What would you rather we do, just sign them to bolster numbers? Hibs will announce when the deals are over the line....You seem to be making this point a few times, I would rather we did our homework, and signed the correct players......

DH1875
27-07-2015, 11:46 AM

Is Keith Watson no injured at the moment though?

Iain G
27-07-2015, 11:47 AM

Last thing we need is another injured player in the squad at the moment!

We are down to the bones now across the whole team, any news on Malonga?!

Platinum Scotty
27-07-2015, 11:47 AM
Who exactly is Crewe United? :confused:

Seemingly they play in Northern Ireland - http://creweunited.com/

Brightside
27-07-2015, 11:53 AM

It was his hammy that pinged on Sat I thought?

scoopyboy
27-07-2015, 11:59 AM
I believe there's already a pic of Scott Allan out drinking with Crewe United players in the Railway Tavern last night! :wink:

Singing "up the junction"

scoopyboy
27-07-2015, 12:01 PM

Billy, I'm sure some little Rangers rat caught him from behind when they chased a long ball not long before he was subbed.

PatHead
27-07-2015, 12:04 PM
Billy, I'm sure some little Rangers rat caught him from behind when they chased a long ball not long before he was subbed.

Yip, late tackle.

GreenCastle
27-07-2015, 12:14 PM
Looking like quite an injury prone player

Or badly managed ?

Brought back in too quickly as he was needed to play?

Over training = hamstring injury ?

He played against Dunfermline, Ayr and Sevco in a very short space of time!

Blaster
27-07-2015, 12:17 PM
Or badly managed ?

Brought back in too quickly as he was needed to play?

Over training = hamstring injury ?

He played against Dunfermline, Ayr and Sevco in a very short space of time!

Or simply got caught late by one of them

GreenCastle
27-07-2015, 12:20 PM
Or simply got caught late by one of them

I was at game and looked like he did it running ?

Is it not a hamstring strain = rest and recovery for 4 weeks.

Not an impact injury ?

Blaster
27-07-2015, 12:30 PM
I was at game and looked like he did it running ?

Is it not a hamstring strain = rest and recovery for 4 weeks.

Not an impact injury ?

He was definitely caught at the same time. Not sure if that triggered the injury or not. Pulled up shortly after. I know it's not normal to get hamstring injuries like that but that's what it looked like

Billy Whizz
27-07-2015, 12:30 PM
It was his hammy that pinged on Sat I thought?

It was, but if your body isn't 100% right you pick up injuries

Baldy Foghorn
27-07-2015, 12:37 PM
Thought it was Crewe Alexandria?

Crewe United are from Northern Ireland

GreenCastle
27-07-2015, 12:55 PM
He was definitely caught at the same time. Not sure if that triggered the injury or not. Pulled up shortly after. I know it's not normal to get hamstring injuries like that but that's what it looked like

Caught or not - there was obviously a weakness there therefore the muscular strain happened.

Every chance it was going to go at somepoint.

Malonga I heard was carrying an injury - but again with lack of options had to play = higher risk of breaking down.

Danny Handling also hurt his knee prior to the main injury against Berwick - in hindsight he could have come off rather than playing on with a weakened knee.

Lago
27-07-2015, 01:31 PM
You certainly seem to be promoting your self as close to having insider info, so who will be signing?

Baldy Foghorn
27-07-2015, 01:33 PM
You certainly seem to be promoting your self as close to having insider info, so who will be signing?

I know nothing......

Ozyhibby
27-07-2015, 01:36 PM
We are down to the bones now across the whole team, any news on Malonga?!

He's had a good sleep now and doesn't think he'll be quite as tired this week.

Lago
27-07-2015, 01:36 PM
So Hibs take players on trial, then decide they don't want them? What would you rather we do, just sign them to bolster numbers? Hibs will announce when the deals are over the line....You seem to be making this point a few times, I would rather we did our homework, and signed the correct players......
No don't take anyone just for the sake of it, but equally stop advising immenent signings every week, that will only work for a period of time before fans begin to become cynical, which may just be starting to happen.

Lago
27-07-2015, 01:39 PM
I know nothing......
Now why do I doubt that!

Billy Whizz
27-07-2015, 01:44 PM

Stubbs said last week in one of his Hibs TV interviews that he was due to start training this week. Why has he turn a U turn on Watson all of a sudden. Chased him for a bit, took him to La Manga and now doesn't want him!

Ozyhibby
27-07-2015, 01:49 PM
Stubbs said last week in one of his Hibs TV interviews that he was due to start training this week. Why has he turn a U turn on Watson all of a sudden. Chased him for a bit, took him to La Manga and now doesn't want him!

Maybe Vaulks?

Andy74
27-07-2015, 01:51 PM

Isn't he injured? Probably going to count against him as we need some fit players at this moment!

J-C
27-07-2015, 01:55 PM
Isn't he injured? Probably going to count against him as we need some fit players at this moment!

We have 2 CH's fit with no one to cover, Watson has been injured since the start of the season and as such hasn't got his deal yet, there may a reason for this, I think Stubbs likes him and he's good around the squad but Forster's injury may have forced the issue.

Unseen work
27-07-2015, 02:16 PM
It is actually staggering the amount of injuries we have at the moment, especially when Watson is meant to be our back up signing is injured!!

On a side note interesting to see fyvie hyping up how good keatings was in training and that he is creative and gets in between the lines similar to Allan. Loved when he said rangers obviously don't think highly of Allan based on the amount they bid, hopefully him and the other players are constantly saying this to him.

Glad to see we are looking for some left back cover

Billychaotic182
27-07-2015, 02:56 PM
Feels like Hibs are lined with all my signings on football manager

SteveHFC
27-07-2015, 03:06 PM
Feels like Hibs are lined with all my signings on football manager
:wink:

Baldy Foghorn
27-07-2015, 05:13 PM
No don't take anyone just for the sake of it, but equally stop advising immenent signings every week, that will only work for a period of time before fans begin to become cynical, which may just be starting to happen.

Fair enough......

erin go bragh
27-07-2015, 05:59 PM
Maybe Vaulks?

Was he not a windup (Huns )on a posters fb page

GGTTH

Ronniekirk
27-07-2015, 07:57 PM
Si in reality the only thing that isn't a rumour at the present time is we have Rhys McCabe training with us ?
Think Stubbs mentioned 8th of August in his interview so could be that nothing much will be happening till nearer then giving him maximum time to make sure he isn't just brining in someone because we have injuries for the sake of it ,hence Kieth Watson not being offered anything while still recovering from injury .

SunshineOnLeith
27-07-2015, 08:54 PM
Si in reality the only thing that isn't a rumour at the present time is we have Rhys McCabe training with us ?
Think Stubbs mentioned 8th of August in his interview so could be that nothing much will be happening till nearer then giving him maximum time to make sure he isn't just brining in someone because we have injuries for the sake of it ,hence Kieth Watson not being offered anything while still recovering from injury .

BBC had us in talks with McGinn, they're not generally in the business of making stuff up. Would be delighted with him joining.

Ronniekirk
27-07-2015, 09:24 PM
BBC had us in talks with McGinn, they're not generally in the business of making stuff up. Would be delighted with him joining.

Someone else posted his preference may be to go to America .He seems to have disappeared ,with know one I know who supports the club here in Paisley having heard anything about what his intentions are Suppose we just need to wait and see

Brightside
28-07-2015, 07:40 AM
Someone else posted his preference may be to go to America .He seems to have disappeared ,with know one I know who supports the club here in Paisley having heard anything about what his intentions are Suppose we just need to wait and see

McGinn has an offer from us.

Billy Whizz
28-07-2015, 07:45 AM

Well he better make his mind up soon

Brightside
28-07-2015, 07:50 AM
Well he better make his mind up soon

If he goes with us it wont be for the money thats for sure.

Ronniekirk
28-07-2015, 07:54 AM

Ok will take your word for it ,but sounds like he has options and is mulling those over ,so it's not a done deal that we are just holding back announcing ,and we will need to be looking elsewhere in case he doesn't choose us .

Brightside
28-07-2015, 08:16 AM
Ok will take your word for it ,but sounds like he has options and is mulling those over ,so it's not a done deal that we are just holding back announcing ,and we will need to be looking elsewhere in case he doesn't choose us .

Yep - options in the US. Not sure if he actually has an offer from Dundee Utd.

Hamish
28-07-2015, 08:44 AM
Yep - options in the US. Not sure if he actually has an offer from Dundee Utd.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/23/houston-dynamo-john-mcginn-mls

GreenCastle
28-07-2015, 08:51 AM

He would be mad not to go and play in the MLS.

Kaka, Lampard, Villa and Pirlo to name a few or playing against some part time players in the Scottish Championship.

flash
28-07-2015, 08:55 AM
He would be mad not to go and play in the MLS.

Kaka, Lampard, Villa and Pirlo to name a few or playing against some part time players in the Scottish Championship.

Elephants graveyard the MLS where old players go to die.

xyz23jc
28-07-2015, 09:14 AM

Alternatively there is the joys of Central Park on a November Wednesday night in front of 1800 crowd to look forward to...;>

greenginger
28-07-2015, 09:19 AM
Alternatively there is the joys of Central Park on a November Wednesday night in front of 1800 crowd to look forward to...;>

Central Park, New York is a joy any time of the year ! :greengrin

J-C
28-07-2015, 09:20 AM

An absolutely atrocious decision from him, in what way will this move further his career?

GreenCastle
28-07-2015, 09:20 AM

Haha! It's a better league than the SPFL never mind the nonsense league we are stuck in.

Most recent salaries of every league player below..

http://www.mlsplayers.org/images/July%2015,%202015%20Salary%20Information%20-%20By%20Club.pdf

NAE NOOKIE
28-07-2015, 09:33 AM

Or alternatively one of the most exciting up and coming leagues in the world where most of the clubs are building new 'soccer specific' stadiums and attracting new fans all the time, making it something like the 5th best supported league in the world already. I know what I would do.

JimBHibees
28-07-2015, 09:35 AM
Or alternatively one of the most exciting up and coming leagues in the world where most of the clubs are building new 'soccer specific' stadiums and attracting new fans all the time, making it something like the 5th best supported league in the world already. I know what I would do.

Sign for Hibs. :greengrin

jacomo
28-07-2015, 09:38 AM
An absolutely atrocious decision from him, in what way will this move further his career?

Seriously?

MLS gets more coverage than any Scottish league. Used to be as a bit of a joke but developing rapidly.

If St Mirren are expecting a fee north of £200k that probably rules us out, sadly.

Iain G
28-07-2015, 09:41 AM

As opposed to dropping down to the second tier in Scotland?

I'd say he would pick MLS or A League easily ahead of the Scottish Championship or even most of the SPL once he sees the facilities and how much of a growing sport it is in these countries instead of the one undergoing a long slow lingering death by 1000 cuts in this one :agree:

jacomo
28-07-2015, 09:42 AM
As opposed to dropping down to the second tier in Scotland?

I'd say he would pick MLS or A League easily ahead of the Scottish Championship or even most of the SPL once he sees the facilities and how much of a growing sport it is in these countries instead of the one undergoing a long slow lingering death by 1000 cuts in this one :agree:

The A League. Strewth, you've taken it a bit far there mate.

Smartie
28-07-2015, 09:43 AM
I went to a Dynamo game last year when I was on holiday, staying with my girlfriend's brother and his family in the Houston suburbs.

The ground was pretty empty (there was nothing to play for by this point) but the stadium was fantastic and there was a great atmosphere made by the samba band and other fans behind the goal - smoke bombs and all.

The football was of a decent standard (other than Andy Driver - who was gash) and the match day experience was excellent.

If I had the choice of signing for Hibs/ Dundee United or going to the MLS and Dynamo I would move to Houston every day of the week. Cracking standard of living in Texas, he'd get a decent wage and it is an up and coming league. The players are very fit indeed, the standard is reasonable and only going to get better. It would be sensible for him to try to establish himself there early on and whilst there's an opportunity.

Whilst I get fed up with people constantly talking our game down I think we have to be a bit realistic about where we are in world football terms. The times when we could talk disparagingly about leagues such as the MLS are long gone.

We are quite a parochial bunch of home-birds here though so I still hope he sees fit to sign for us.

liamh2202
People are seriously slagging the mls ? Have you seen the standard of football in this country. I know where I would rather be.

J-C
Seriously?

MLS gets more coverage than any Scottish league. Used to be as a bit of a joke but developing rapidly.

If St Mirren are expecting a fee north of £200k that probably rules us out, sadly.

Just my opinion, he's just 20 and has a whole career ahead of him, USA could be an option but as far as I'm concerned not at this stage in his career, he still has a lot to learn about the game and even a move to Europe might've been better for his development.

flash
28-07-2015, 09:49 AM
Soccer specific tells me all I need to know. Cabaret league.

Geo_1875
28-07-2015, 10:07 AM

It was the same last time. Sign a dozen aged World Cup winners, set up a few franchises and watch the crowds turn up. Wait until a few of the teams fail to win anything. The crowds will soon abandon them and the franchises will fold. The only difference this time is SKY has an audience of sheep who are content to pump money into a foreign league to the detriment of many domestic leagues. That and David Beckham keeps popping up on screen.

NAE NOOKIE
28-07-2015, 11:10 AM

It simply means the clubs are confident enough to be raising millions to enable them to move out of American football and Baseball stadiums into more appropriate facilities .... that's what 'soccer specific' means.

Iain G
28-07-2015, 11:12 AM
The A League. Strewth, you've taken it a bit far there mate.

Well I really only meant the Phoenix, screw the aussie lot :greengrin

jacomo
28-07-2015, 11:25 AM
It was the same last time. Sign a dozen aged World Cup winners, set up a few franchises and watch the crowds turn up. Wait until a few of the teams fail to win anything. The crowds will soon abandon them and the franchises will fold. The only difference this time is SKY has an audience of sheep who are content to pump money into a foreign league to the detriment of many domestic leagues. That and David Beckham keeps popping up on screen.

It feels very different this time around.

1. 'Soccer' is very popular at schools level in the USA - some of these players will continue playing or become fans.

2. Rising Latin American influence is promoting the game in USA.

3. The national teams achievements at the 2014 World Cup got huge coverage, a real moment for the game.

It might take some time to become more established, but I think the MLS is here to stay.

NAE NOOKIE
28-07-2015, 11:26 AM

The Yanks learned their lesson from the first time around. This time they have built a league from the ground up and the fans are a lot more savvy about the game ... 0 - 0 draws are acceptable for example and they are beginning to buy into European fan culture, which includes sticking with your team in the bad times. I think there is a foreign player limit too. It is also the case that in the 70s a lot of 'fans' had never even played football as kids .... that's far less likely to be the case now.

MLS is here to stay Geo .....and IMO will only get bigger. More Americans watched the US games in the last world cup than watched the NBA play offs.

Having said all that. As the league grows it will be interesting to see if they ever come to accept the concept of promotion and relegation and have two leagues ..... As I understand it for an American that's like holy water to a Vampire ...... I wonder if they will ever be brave enough.

GreenCastle
28-07-2015, 11:43 AM

:faf::ostrich:

As others have pointed out - they have learnt from previous mistakes.

The league is still developing and you only have to see the quality of stadiums, improved attendances and viewing figures for league and national team games.

Not to mention the youth development where several players have been signed by EPL clubs and some now are even staying in the MLS as they get better wages.

Sky aren't stupid and they purchased the right as they know people want to watch it.

We have to face the reality in Scotland - we are in a goldfish bowl (go to England and they don't even care about Scottish Football) and our standard and quality of football is poor.

You just have to look at the outdated facilities in many grounds and empty seats and you can see where the game is heading. Thankfully Hibs have a great infrastructure so I believe we are prepared for the future - just need a decent team on the pitch!!

Juice-Terry
28-07-2015, 11:49 AM
The last two or three pages obviously fall under 'other random crap'. Boooring. Where are the Hibs transfer rumours?

Ozyhibby
28-07-2015, 12:12 PM
The last two or three pages obviously fall under 'other random crap'. Boooring. Where are the Hibs transfer rumours?

Petrie won't part with the cash. Down to 3rd and 4th choices now.

Ronniekirk
28-07-2015, 12:14 PM

Rhys MCabe on trial with us is the only thing that is a possibility just now as far as a I see Whether we have made a bid for the Falkirk player I have no idea but can't see us being able to afford something they would accept unless it involves one of our younger players going there as part of deal or we are giving them a reasonable %age of any sell on fee Kingsley from Swansea was other player mentioned but not seen further posts indicating if this is being progressed in any way
So think you will need to be satisfied with MLS stuff for time being ,as it's clear nothing imminent is about to happen .The key word just now is patience ,as we know Stubbs just won't take players for the sake of it .

Brightside
28-07-2015, 12:14 PM

Ozy you really must knock this on the head. It has nothing to do with Petrie!!!

KeithTheHibby
28-07-2015, 12:15 PM

Yawn.:yawn:

Golden Bear

Is that an opinion based on concrete facts or just your opinion?

GreenCastle
We only sign players that are ready to play by the time the January transfer window opens.. :stirrer: :wink:

In all seriousness...it's gone awfully quiet...:panic::tumble:

SteveHFC
28-07-2015, 12:17 PM
We only sign players that are ready to play by the time the January transfer window opens.. :stirrer: :wink:

In all seriousness...it's gone awfully quiet...:panic::tumble:

Can see us panicking again come the last day.

Ronniekirk
28-07-2015, 12:27 PM
Can see us panicking again come the last day.

Was Fyfie not a last day signing by Stubbs If that's a panic buy give me more of that :wink:

NAE NOOKIE
28-07-2015, 12:27 PM
:faf::ostrich:

As others have pointed out - they have learnt from previous mistakes.

The league is still developing and you only have to see the quality of stadiums, improved attendances and viewing figures for league and national team games.

Not to mention the youth development where several players have been signed by EPL clubs and some now are even staying in the MLS as they get better wages.

Sky aren't stupid and they purchased the right as they know people want to watch it.

We have to face the reality in Scotland - we are in a goldfish bowl (go to England and they don't even care about Scottish Football) and our standard and quality of football is poor.

You just have to look at the outdated facilities in many grounds and empty seats and you can see where the game is heading. Thankfully Hibs have a great infrastructure so I believe we are prepared for the future - just need a decent team on the pitch!!

I stick up for our game at every turn ..... but it has to be said that its hard going seeing 3,500 at Rugby Park or 4,000 at Dens Park and Fir Park. There may come a time where we have to look at how full time professional football is going to survive in this country. As far as I can see if things don't improve in the next 5 - 10 years we may have to look at going cap in hand to the FA and put ourselves into a Welsh situation where we have a domestic league but our biggest clubs play in England.

With the influence of SKY / BT its not impossible that the FA could be persuaded to shoehorn the Old Firm, Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and a Tayside United team into the English league system to form a defacto British League. The derby matches involved and ( like it or not ) the pulling power of the OF could be a real money spinner for SKY / BT and the FA.

I'm pretty sure that around Europe there will come a growing movement for merged leagues in the face of growing competition from the EPL etc for TV and sponsorship money.

IMO there would be a moral case here ...... For a hundred years the English league has been taking the best Scottish players down south to the detriment of our game and denying Scottish fans the chance to watch them play live ...... surely they owe us something back.

GreenCastle
28-07-2015, 12:33 PM
I stick up for our game at every turn ..... but it has to be said that its hard going seeing 3,500 at Rugby Park or 4,000 at Dens Park and Fir Park. There may come a time where we have to look at how full time professional football is going to survive in this country. As far as I can see if things don't improve in the next 5 - 10 years we may have to look at going cap in hand to the FA and put ourselves into a Welsh situation where we have a domestic league but our biggest clubs play in England.

With the influence of SKY / BT its not impossible that the FA could be persuaded to shoehorn the Old Firm, Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and a Tayside United team into the English league system to form a defacto British League. The derby matches involved and ( like it or not ) the pulling power of the OF could be a real money spinner for SKY / BT and the FA.

I'm pretty sure that around Europe there will come a growing movement for merged leagues in the face of growing competition from the EPL etc for TV and sponsorship money.

IMO there would be a moral case here ...... For a hundred years the English league has been taking the best Scottish players down south to the detriment of our game and denying Scottish fans the chance to watch them play live ...... surely they owe us something back.

While it would make things interesting...

It's pretty simple...England don't need or want Scottish teams.

They have an established pyramid structure (including non league teams) - the only way we and others even have a remote chance getting into England would be to start at the very bottom or merge with someone - not even sure this would be allowed.

English clubs also don't want to share the wealth with us - absolutely zero benefit.

I always laugh when the Old Firm joining the EPL story comes up - zero chance of it happening as much as they want it.

calumhibee1
28-07-2015, 12:35 PM
I went to a Dynamo game last year when I was on holiday, staying with my girlfriend's brother and his family in the Houston suburbs.

The ground was pretty empty (there was nothing to play for by this point) but the stadium was fantastic and there was a great atmosphere made by the samba band and other fans behind the goal - smoke bombs and all.

The football was of a decent standard (other than Andy Driver - who was gash) and the match day experience was excellent.

If I had the choice of signing for Hibs/ Dundee United or going to the MLS and Dynamo I would move to Houston every day of the week. Cracking standard of living in Texas, he'd get a decent wage and it is an up and coming league. The players are very fit indeed, the standard is reasonable and only going to get better. It would be sensible for him to try to establish himself there early on and whilst there's an opportunity.

Whilst I get fed up with people constantly talking our game down I think we have to be a bit realistic about where we are in world football terms. The times when we could talk disparagingly about leagues such as the MLS are long gone.

We are quite a parochial bunch of home-birds here though so I still hope he sees fit to sign for us.

I was at Orlando City v NY Red Bulls last week and the standard is an absolute mile ahead of the SPL. Both of they sides would do fairly well in the Europa League IMO and they're not even two of the better sides in the MLS. The stadium was incredible (Citrus Bowl in Orlando) and there was about 35000 people there even though they are only playing there first season in the league and presumably have yet to develop the fan base they will no doubt have in the future. Any player from Scotland who signed for an SPL team instead of the MLS would be mental IMO.

scoopyboy
28-07-2015, 12:37 PM

So if we sign Dylan McGeouch he will be a third or fourth choice?

S4uzee
28-07-2015, 12:38 PM

Are we though?

Ozyhibby
28-07-2015, 12:40 PM
Ozy you really must knock this on the head. It has nothing to do with Petrie!!!

Yawn.:yawn:

Is that an opinion based on concrete facts or just your opinion?

Lighten up guys. I was joking.

NAE NOOKIE
28-07-2015, 12:45 PM

They have an established pyramid structure (including non league teams) - the only way we and others even have a remote chance getting into England would be to start at the very bottom or merge with someone - not even sure this would be allowed.

English clubs also don't want to share the wealth with us - absolutely zero benefit.

I always laugh when the Old Firm joining the EPL story comes up - zero chance of it happening as much as they want it.

I know what you mean GD but in this wonderful modern age money talks and this has nothing to do with the EPL. If SKY / BT were to offer the Football League a big cash incentive to include Scottish clubs there is every chance that greed would supercede tradition. If the inclusion of the ugly sisters meant an increase in TV revenue the English clubs would benefit .... all this dependant on us and a few others tagging along of course.

PatHead
28-07-2015, 12:49 PM
Think we will eventually have a Super European and regionalised European Leagues.

It is what TV will demand.

HoboHarry
28-07-2015, 12:54 PM
I watch Sporting KC regularly and the standard here in the States is miles above that of Scotland.

AndyM_1875
28-07-2015, 12:56 PM

Whilst it's a rather nice thought thinking about Hibs playing different and better teams from south of the border there is no chance of it happening. We are an SFA member club and have been for 140 years. The FA has a brilliant structure and football is marketed and sold well in England and has no need of haggis bashers from the north especially when it's experiences of them has been "mixed" at best with the visits of either side of the Old Firm usually resulting in carnage, drunken idiocy and behavior the English find both bizarre or abhorrent.
Scottish football's showpiece fixture, the Old Firm derby, itself is viewed in England with curiosity in the same way that watching chimps throwing their own poo about is.

Heisenberg
28-07-2015, 12:57 PM

I'd be very happy with this. We need players in sooner rather than later though.

GreenCastle
28-07-2015, 12:58 PM
Think we will eventually have a Super European and regionalised European Leagues.

It is what TV will demand.

Do we not already have the Champions League, Europa League and Regional Leagues :confused:

While TV has played a huge role in changes of the game - I can' see the national league structures changing anytime soon - especially since they just signed a new deal in England.

MSK
28-07-2015, 01:02 PM
Lighten up guys. I was joking.15206

Dan Sarf
28-07-2015, 01:09 PM
Whilst it's a rather nice thought thinking about Hibs playing different and better teams from south of the border there is no chance of it happening. We are an SFA member club and have been for 140 years. The FA has a brilliant structure and football is marketed and sold well in England and has no need of haggis bashers from the north especially when it's experiences of them has been "mixed" at best with the visits of either side of the Old Firm usually resulting in carnage, drunken idiocy and behavior the English find both bizarre or abhorrent.
Scottish football's showpiece fixture, the Old Firm derby, itself is viewed in England with curiosity in the same way that watching chimps throwing their own poo about is.

:top marks

NAE NOOKIE
28-07-2015, 01:31 PM

Cant argue with any of that. But things change and where there's a will there's a way. If 20 years ago somebody had told you that a village team would make the Scottish cup final, Wigan Athletic would win the FA cup, or a tiny scrap of desert in the arse end of nowhere without even a professional football league would be awarded the world cup finals you would have laughed in their face. Anything can change and especially for or with money ..... when you look at the state of half the clubs in the Football League don't think for a second money wouldn't talk.

PatHead
28-07-2015, 01:34 PM
Do we not already have the Champions League, Europa League and Regional Leagues :confused:

While TV has played a huge role in changes of the game - I can' see the national league structures changing anytime soon - especially since they just signed a new deal in England.

Yes but I can picture TV providers would rather show Man Utd or Liverpool v large Bundesliga, Italian or French clubs than them playing Bournemouth. If the tv companies offer the money it will happen. With Sky no longer having the Champions League they will look at other ways of getting "products" on tv like Kerry Packer did in the 70s with cricket.

Anyway a lot of English clubs are little more than a franchise with very few home based players in them anyway so the game has already changed massively over the last 20 odd years. It will continue to evolve to freshen up the "product"

Ozyhibby
28-07-2015, 02:04 PM
Things can also change in ways people don't expect. More and more people are now watching all of these games totally free or for a small (less than a tenner) monthly payment to a Russian or Chinese Internet TV company.
If that becomes more widespread, the whole business model for the premier league would be forced to change.

jdships
28-07-2015, 02:09 PM

Good post !
BT / Sky who ever basically call the tune as far as any reconstruction is concerned
My son in law is in Italy at present and has been working at anSerie A club ( he is in IT)
The talk there is re "European League " football . Leagues of 12 to 16 with possibly four divisions
Long way away it would appear
My concern is the number of English clubs owned by nonUK/Eoropeans - " Money Talks " !!
:confused:

J-C
28-07-2015, 02:12 PM
Good post !
BT / Sky who ever basically call the tune as far as any reconstruction is concerned
My son in law is in Italy at present and has been working at anSerie A club ( he is in IT)
The talk there is re "European League " football . Leagues of 12 to 16 with possibly four divisions
Long way away it would appear
My concern is the number of English clubs owned by nonUK/Eoropeans - " Money Talks " !!
:confused:

I take it any European league would eventually replace the European cup.

GreenCastle
28-07-2015, 02:16 PM
Whatever happens next - the chances are Scottish Football will fall further behind - new Euro leagues or not.

Some Scottish Clubs currently lose money just travelling to play a Europa League fixture !

The product needs improved - the leagues freshened up and the wealth more evenly distributed in Scotland.

The Old Firm monopoly of one of them winning the league since 1984 needs changed.

Brightside
28-07-2015, 02:28 PM
I cant imagine why any club in Scotland outside of Celtic would get invited to any kind of Euro league....even if it goes down to 4 divisions.

J-C
28-07-2015, 02:34 PM
I cant imagine why any club in Scotland outside of Celtic would get invited to any kind of Euro league....even if it goes down to 4 divisions.

Never forget the size of Celtic and even The Rangers, they still have very big crowds and Celtic in particular have a very good European history, a European league is probably the only place where Celtic could get anywhere near their glory days of the past, with the probable monies on offer and the chance to sign much better players.

southsider
28-07-2015, 02:37 PM
Whatever happens next - the chances are Scottish Football will fall further behind - new Euro leagues or not.

Some Scottish Clubs currently lose money just travelling to play a Europa League fixture !

The product needs improved - the leagues freshened up and the wealth more evenly distributed in Scotland.

The Old Firm monopoly of one of them winning the league since 1984 needs changed.

Go back to the days when the clubs split the gate money (less expenses). Only cup final and away internationals on TV.

jdships
28-07-2015, 03:09 PM
I take it any European league would eventually replace the European cup.

I "understand " the idea being put forward by the Italians is that the EC would remain to be competed for by clubs not involved in above mentioned Leagues
It is simply " money money money, it makes the world go round " as the song says
Sin L says they are looking at a number of years before anything happens as FIFA has to be " sorted first :greengrin

flash
28-07-2015, 03:16 PM
Why is the above discussion on the transfers thread?

liamh2202
28-07-2015, 03:20 PM
Why is the above discussion on the transfers thread?

Because there's no transfer roumors and it comes under other random crap?

flash
28-07-2015, 03:24 PM
Because there's no transfer roumors and it comes under other random crap?

There's a whole forum for that.

liamh2202
28-07-2015, 03:26 PM
There's a whole forum for that.

It also says it in this very threads title ;) don't shoot the messenger I'm not admin

GreenLake
28-07-2015, 03:39 PM

I would have thought this ten years ago but now I buy two of the best season tickets. The MLS teams play more attractive football these days and the salary rules help keep a degree of competition across the league. There are quite a few Galaxy players I would love to start for Hibs right now.

Jaime Pinedo
Robbie Keane
Steven Gerrard
Sebastian Lletget
Omar Gonzalez
Gyasi Zardez
Robbie Rogers

Paisley Hibby
28-07-2015, 04:17 PM
I doubt Warburton will be over familiar with Scott Allan & he's unlikely to go chasing his first signing based on someone else's recommendation. I would expect him to be active in the English market & loans but it's going to take him a bit time to get up to speed.

Never forget the size of Celtic and even The Rangers, they still have very big crowds and Celtic in particular have a very good European history, a European league is probably the only place where Celtic could get anywhere near their glory days of the past, with the probable monies on offer and the chance to sign much better players.

And no doubt that's what OF fans tell themselves. But it's not crowd size that counts, it's the size of TV audience in the country that the team comes from. So as long as the OF are based in Scotland, they're feekked.

DH1875
28-07-2015, 04:47 PM

And no doubt that's what OF fans tell themselves. But it's not crowd size that counts, it's the size of TV audience in the country that the team comes from. So as long as the OF are based in Scotland, they're feekked.

Celtic have a global audience though, not just a Scottish one. A European league with 4 divisions and celtic would get an invite IMO.

GreenCastle
28-07-2015, 05:05 PM
Celtic have a global audience though, not just a Scottish one. A European league with 4 divisions and celtic would get an invite IMO.

Not happening - we have the Champions League and they even changed the Europa League to group stages to help other clubs.

Celtic can keep dreaming as much as they want :greengrin They are stuck!

BT58
28-07-2015, 07:52 PM
On fb. ( i know) Jak Blanche ) defender close to signing. But tried to wiki him but came up carte blanche...lol

SteveHFC
28-07-2015, 07:58 PM
Hope Celtic come in and offer £500k for Allan plus McGeouch. Would take that straight away and use the money to sign a few more players.

bingo70
28-07-2015, 07:59 PM
On fb. ( i know) Jak Blanche ) defender close to signing. But tried to wiki him but came up carte blanche...lol

Who's Facebook page?

bill the hibby
28-07-2015, 08:07 PM

Think we were linked with this guy at the start of the window as well

hibees 7062
28-07-2015, 08:37 PM
Who's Facebook page?

https://scontent-bru2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/s261x260/11180643_734887173281774_9207890425358157411_n.jpg ?oh=6cc990bd451d1bc1db65e1f0391362d6&oe=56142761

hibees 7062
28-07-2015, 08:43 PM
FB - Allan to the sheep for £300.000 plus Golum

Onceinawhile
28-07-2015, 08:45 PM

Mcinnes has already said he's not interested.

SouthMoroccoStu
28-07-2015, 08:47 PM

Na

Flood hates us for some reason, maybe because we call him Golum.....

The_Horde
28-07-2015, 08:50 PM
Na

Is it because we always spell gollum wrong?

Scott Allen likes this.

Unseen work
28-07-2015, 08:52 PM

That would be a terrible deal

hibees 7062
28-07-2015, 08:52 PM
Mcinnes has already said he's not interested.

I know and Scott Allan said he'll see his contract out eh

MyJo
28-07-2015, 09:00 PM
Na

Clearly he is quite preciousssssss about it :greengrin

gegs70
28-07-2015, 09:45 PM
If Allen hands in a transfer request and its refused, surely thats the end of it? Can he refuse to play?
Where can he go after that? Surely any agent would have agreed something in the contract to allow him to move at a cost, maybe Allen needs to be looking for a new agent????

GordonHFC
28-07-2015, 09:51 PM
If Allen hands in a transfer request and its refused, surely thats the end of it? Can he refuse to play?
Where can he go after that? Surely any agent would have agreed something in the contract to allow him to move at a cost, maybe Allen needs to be looking for a new agent????

He can refuse to play but he would have to explain to his partner and new child why there was no money coming in.

Greencore
28-07-2015, 09:53 PM
What could happen is Allan will buy out his contract. Move to the Rangers on a free. Rangers give the money back to him as part of the signing on fee. That would be tapping the player up and wouldn't surprise me if they did and got away with it.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-07-2015, 09:53 PM
Some of the abus he's revieving on Twitter is absolutely disgusting to say the least.

Smartie
28-07-2015, 09:55 PM
Is there any way to see the abuse he's getting on twitter without actually being on twitter?

truehibernian
What could happen is Allan will buy out his contract. Move to the Rangers on a free. Rangers give the money back to him as part of the signing on fee. That would be tapping the player up and wouldn't surprise me if they did and got away with it.

No he can't.

The_Horde
Some of the abus he's revieving on Twitter is absolutely disgusting to say the least.

Easy for you to say pal... :greengrin

SunshineOnLeith
28-07-2015, 09:57 PM

No it couldn't.

McIntosh
28-07-2015, 09:58 PM
What could happen is Allan will buy out his contract. Move to the Rangers on a free. Rangers give the money back to him as part of the signing on fee. That would be tapping the player up and wouldn't surprise me if they did and got away with it. he cannot transfer his registration

Heisenberg
28-07-2015, 09:59 PM
Aye....so....are we signing anyone soon? :I'm waiti

silverhibee
28-07-2015, 11:12 PM
Aye....so....are we signing anyone soon? :I'm waiti

Just waiting to offload Allan first. :greengrin

erin go bragh
29-07-2015, 11:25 AM
Now would be a good time to announce a quality signing .

GGTTH

AlbertK86
29-07-2015, 09:02 PM
Anybody heard any more on Kingsley, McGinn or McGeoch situations / rumours

Heisenberg
29-07-2015, 09:07 PM
Saw in another thread that Graham Spiers has put in an article today that we are about to lure John McGinn away from St Mirren. Still can't see that one happening tbh. Just seems like it would cost us way too much money.

AlbertK86
29-07-2015, 09:27 PM
Saw in another thread that Graham Spiers has put in an article today that we are about to lure John McGinn away from St Mirren. Still can't see that one happening tbh. Just seems like it would cost us way too much money.

Yep just read article

Will be good if true

Ronniekirk
29-07-2015, 10:04 PM

he will know hibs have offered him a contract ,but don't think he is privy to any inside info that he is about to sign for us .
My take on it was it suited his purposes to be able to say in that article ,look hibs do the same ,they are luring away one of St mirren s top young prospects ,so it works both ways .

But until we hear where he has gone ,there is a possibility I suppose

Andy74
29-07-2015, 10:27 PM
he will know hibs have offered him a contract ,but don't think he is privy to any inside info that he is about to sign for us .
My take on it was it suited his purposes to be able to say in that article ,look hibs do the same ,they are luring away one of St mirren s top young prospects ,so it works both ways .

But until we hear where he has gone ,there is a possibility I suppose

The difference being he is out of contract.

Unseen work
29-07-2015, 10:34 PM
With Stubbs extending his stay today it would surprise me if we announced a couple of signings this week to boost morale ahead of Saturday and take the focus away from Allan

tamig
29-07-2015, 10:37 PM
With Stubbs extending his stay today it would surprise me if we announced a couple of signings this week to boost morale ahead of Saturday and take the focus away from Allan

I take it you mean it wouldn't surprise you?

J-C
29-07-2015, 10:55 PM

Thought McGinn was heading over to Dallas in the MLS

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/out-of-contract-st-mirren-star-john-6051240

Callum_62
30-07-2015, 05:06 AM
Thought McGinn was heading over to Dallas in the MLS

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/out-of-contract-st-mirren-star-john-6051240

sure i read somewhere that Houston had too many foreign players(or no allocated international slot), or something like that

The MLS rules regarding transfers are quite complex, and that was stopping McGinn joining them....unless they got rid of certain players

found it
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/st-mirren/1324802-why-mls-rules-may-halt-john-mcginns-move-from-st-mirren-to-houston-dynamo/

Unseen work
30-07-2015, 06:02 AM
I take it you mean it wouldn't surprise you?

Haha yes! Should really start double checking before I post! Hoping to get McCabe in today

Hibeesmad
30-07-2015, 06:36 AM
Haha yes! Should really start double checking before I post! Hoping to get McCabe in today

I can't really remember this McCabe breaking through at Rangers, does anyone know what sort of player he is and who you could compare him too?

bingo70
30-07-2015, 06:40 AM
I can't really remember this McCabe breaking through at Rangers, does anyone know what sort of player he is and who you could compare him too?

I can't remember what he was like but I remember the Huns were absolutely ragin about it, that's good enough for me.

Winston Ingram
30-07-2015, 06:58 AM

He can't. Needs to notify us of his intention to leave at least 15 days prior to the end of the previous season and a player of Allan's age can only do that if he has a minimum of a 4 year contract of which he must have served 3 years.

Cabbage East
30-07-2015, 07:01 AM
Would be good to get a new signing in today, this Allan chat is getting tiresome.

SouthMoroccoStu
30-07-2015, 07:09 AM
I can't remember what he was like but I remember the Huns were absolutely ragin about it, that's good enough for me.

And I'm sure he received nothing but support and well wishes from the Hun supporters on his social media accounts

If not I'm sure it would have been reported in the newspapers