PDA

View Full Version : Hibs transfer thread (Last Day Update - Anier / Feruz (both loan) in, None out)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Eyrie
21-07-2015, 09:52 PM
been reported £65k or £70k on a couple of sites.
Thanks - saves me having to click on a link to the Record.

Hibeewilly
21-07-2015, 10:07 PM
Cant disagree with your assessment, but I am begining to worry about the number of potential 1st team players currently injured, Keatings, Boyle, Carmichael and Faruid for example. They must be miles behind on pre season training and with no match time how well will they intigrate into the team plan.
Agreed Lago and yet people on this and other Forums think that we have got a march on The Rangers!! I think a reality check is due. We are well behind them IMHO. Please let me be totally wrong though!!!

Iain G
21-07-2015, 10:17 PM
Agreed Lago and yet people on this and other Forums think that we have got a march on The Rangers!! I think a reality check is due. We are well behind them IMHO. Please let me be totally wrong though!!!

You are wrong, we have the core of the team in place for season two, team morale and confidence seems pretty damned good just now and we have added players proven at this level to give us more options up front and wide. I think we do have a nose ahead of them as they are going through the same sort of major rebuild we did last summer. :agree:

Hibeewilly
21-07-2015, 10:38 PM
You are wrong, we have the core of the team in place for season two, team morale and confidence seems pretty damned good just now and we have added players proven at this level to give us more options up front and wide. I think we do have a nose ahead of them as they are going through the same sort of major rebuild we did last summer. :agree:
Sorry Iain I disagree. We are still two short in midfield and due to injuries back to the same front pair as last year. Defence which was horrendous indeal dealing with cross balls last year is the same. Im the eternal optimist as far as Hibs are concerned but don't get what you are saying

greenlex
22-07-2015, 02:24 AM
Sorry Iain I disagree. We are still two short in midfield and due to injuries back to the same front pair as last year. Defence which was horrendous indeal dealing with cross balls last year is the same. Im the eternal optimist as far as Hibs are concerned but don't get what you are saying

Midfield is the problem. Injury has us threadbare there. Up front we are fine. Defence is also fine. The stats from the whole of last year bears this out. One of the tightest defences and two of the top scorers in the league.

Aldo
22-07-2015, 06:21 AM

Why is a reality check due.

We have been unfortunate and hit by a couple of injuries or 3 to our new signings. We have kept together the 2nd best defence in the league (I believe 3rd in all Divisions). Why are we well behind them? Is it because they've signed a few this week?

We are a couple short in the middle IMHO so we are not far away! Why the negativity?

Lago
22-07-2015, 06:31 AM
Why is a reality check due.

We have been unfortunate and hit by a couple of injuries or 3 to our new signings. We have kept together the 2nd best defence in the league (I believe 3rd in all Divisions). Why are we well behind them? Is it because they've signed a few this week?

We are a couple short in the middle IMHO so we are not far away! Why the negativity?
Not negativity but reality, Ignoring the fact that we are light in mid field too many of the new signings are injured and have yet to be involved with the team in match situations could end up costing us.

Aldo
22-07-2015, 06:36 AM
Not negativity but reality, Ignoring the fact that we are light in mid field too many of the new signings are injured and have yet to be involved with the team in match situations could end up costing us.

I don't know how far away our injured players are away but I still think the nucleus of the team is there and we will have more than enough to get off to a good start!

brog
22-07-2015, 06:38 AM

About half of Sevco's team played for the first time last night. We have a settled team with new players fit to join the squad shortly. If the situation was reversed people on here would be complaining.

Iain G
22-07-2015, 07:12 AM
About half of Sevco's team played for the first time last night. We have a settled team with new players fit to join the squad shortly. If the situation was reversed people on here would be complaining.

Which was where we found ourself this time last year and we had a horrid start to the season til the team bedded down

Brightside
22-07-2015, 07:55 AM
Midfield is the problem. Injury has us threadbare there. Up front we are fine. Defence is also fine. The stats from the whole of last year bears this out. One of the tightest defences and two of the top scorers in the league.

How come we have two inured upfront but we are fine, yet 2 "not fit" in midfield and we are short?

J-C
22-07-2015, 08:03 AM
How come we have two inured upfront but we are fine, yet 2 "not fit" in midfield and we are short?

Are we fine up front, they've not exactly started pre season on fire have they.

Brightside
22-07-2015, 08:17 AM
Are we fine up front, they've not exactly started pre season on fire have they.

Well they are not up to speed yet, but I cant imagine us looking for more strikers. Don't get me wrong I'd love us to go out and buy a couple of decent midfielders but when Carmichael, Fyvie, Allan, Bartley are all fit Im not sure we are going to get anything better. We also have Martin, Stanton, Harris, Boyle. So I can only imagine people want us to sign players to sit on the bench?

J-C
22-07-2015, 08:20 AM
Well they are not up to speed yet, but I cant imagine us looking for more strikers. Don't get me wrong I'd love us to go out and buy a couple of decent midfielders but when Carmichael, Fyvie, Allan, Bartley are all fit Im not sure we are going to get anything better. We also have Martin, Stanton, Harris, Boyle. So I can only imagine people want us to sign players to sit on the bench?

It's not so much about sitting on the bench, it's about having cover in case of injuries and suspensions, any more injuries and we'll be in real trouble both in the middle and up front.

Ozyhibby
22-07-2015, 08:21 AM
We are not fine up front. Last season we did not score enough goals and we are starting this season with the same strike force.
I know they finished top scorers in the league, they still did not take a high enough percentage of the chances created.
Fact is, the yams scored 26 more goals than us and it made a massive difference.

Ozyhibby
22-07-2015, 08:24 AM

It's rare that all 4 of your mids will be fit and free of suspension at the same time. An extra mid would likely play as many games as your first choice 4.
Stanton and Harris are not good enough.

flash
22-07-2015, 08:25 AM
We are not fine up front. Last season we did not score enough goals and we are starting this season with the same strike force.
I know they finished top scorers in the league, they still did not take a high enough percentage of the chances created.
Fact is, the yams scored 26 more goals than us and it made a massive difference.

Enlighten me as to which hearts strikers scored more goals than our two?

J-C
22-07-2015, 08:35 AM

We relied too much on Malonga and Cummings and there's no guarantee these two will score as freely this season, our other 2 strikers re injured, so lets hope nothing happens to these two. They need competition and I personally think at times last season they were fairly sloppy in their play as they knew they wouldn't be dropped, when Farid came back, you could see that it actually pushed Malonga to play better because for a good few games before most people on here were moaning about how lazy and uninterested he looked, Farid gets fit and then suddenly Malonga is dropped and he then raised his game again.

Ozyhibby
22-07-2015, 08:37 AM

I recognised that in my post. Hearts rotated their strikers more and also scored more from midfield. As we start with the same midfield, that could be a problem.

Big Sexy Dave
22-07-2015, 08:52 AM
Dunno how good the source is but got told we've made Jackson Irvine an offer.

J-C
22-07-2015, 08:55 AM
Dunno how good the source is but got told we've made Jackson Irvine an offer.

Is he a free agent, I thought he was still a Celtic player.

Steve20
22-07-2015, 08:57 AM

Goals to games ratio, Zeefuik had a better ratio than the two of them and Sow was about similar to Malonga. Cummings and Malonga will score goals in this league, but they miss far too many chances that they should be scoring.

We also need our midfielders to be scoring more. Can't just rely on two people to get goals.

Ozyhibby
22-07-2015, 09:01 AM
Goals to games ratio, Zeefuik had a better ratio than the two of them and Sow was about similar to Malonga. Cummings and Malonga will score goals in this league, but they miss far too many chances that they should be scoring.

We also need our midfielders to be scoring more. Can't just rely on two people to get goals.

The midfield part is just as important. Walker and King got about 20 goals between them last season, our only goal scorer from midfield last season was Robertson with 6.
Carmichael only got 1 for queens so I think we still need to buy a goal scoring mid.

CallumLaidlaw
22-07-2015, 09:03 AM
The midfield part is just as important. Walker and King got about 20 goals between them last season, our only goal scorer from midfield last season was Robertson with 6.
Carmichael only got 1 for queens so I think we still need to buy a goal scoring mid.

I think we'll see a lot more goals from Allan this season. He seemed to be trying a lot more shots against Dunfermline, and has said himself that is an area of his game he wants to improve.

JimBHibees
22-07-2015, 09:05 AM

Keatings has joined us so hopefully his poacher instincts will help.

hibs0666
22-07-2015, 09:06 AM
That's it then, the season is obviously a write-off even though it does not start for another fortnight. The fact that we have the best player in the league, and the league's top scorer, seems to be irrelevant but hey ho, each to their own!

bingo70
22-07-2015, 09:10 AM
That's it then, the season is obviously a write-off even though it does not start for another fortnight. The fact that we have the best player in the league, and the league's top scorer, seems to be irrelevant but hey ho, each to their own!

It's possible to express concern about our current position without writing us off.

Mikey09
22-07-2015, 09:13 AM
As far as I'm aware only Handling has a long term injury. I honestly don't know what people would like Stubbs to do. Players get niggly injuries pre season you just get on with it. Suddenly we have to panic as The Rangers have stolen a march on us?? How exactly have they done this?? The league campaign is still a few weeks away yet some are pissing there pants about a few players carrying knocks pre season! Show me a club that this doesn't happen to?! I'm very confident going into the coming season. Take deep breaths guys... We'll be fine!! :thumbsup:

Ozyhibby
22-07-2015, 09:17 AM
As far as I'm aware only Handling has a long term injury. I honestly don't know what people would like Stubbs to do. Players get niggly injuries pre season you just get on with it. Suddenly we have to panic as The Rangers have stolen a march on us?? How exactly have they done this?? The league campaign is still a few weeks away yet some are pissing there pants about a few players carrying knocks pre season! Show me a club that this doesn't happen to?! I'm very confident going into the coming season. Take deep breaths guys... We'll be fine!! :thumbsup:

I can't remember us ever getting to the start of a season without a new player pulling on a jersey before.

southern hibby
22-07-2015, 09:20 AM

4 balls crossed in by Wigan first half, one went underOxleys cross bar and he dealt with it. The other three were not dealt with. Will cross balls be our downfall this year I don't think so as being an optimist too, I'm assuming AS will be addressing this in training, but as its Hibs we'll wait and see.
GGTTH

Mikey09
22-07-2015, 09:26 AM
I can't remember us ever getting to the start of a season without a new player pulling on a jersey before.

Fair enough. It happens though. I'll get a bit concerned when Stubbs is struggling to put a team out on the 8th of August. :thumbsup:

Smartie
22-07-2015, 09:40 AM
I think expectations have been raised a bit.

We did a lot of good business (eventually) last summer, we did good business early in the window in January, we were all pleased with the early business we did in this window.

Then it all went a bit quiet.

The injuries are freaking a lot of people out - if we had all of them starting to stake a claim then I'm sure people would be happier. As it stands it looks like we'll be going into the new season relying to a great extent on those we had last season. These are players that should be good enough to deal with the Montrose, Dumbarton and Morton games but I would imagine it would be a step up to play against The Rangers and these players were found wanting in the last 3 games against them last season.

It's going to be too soon to get these players back for Saturday so we probably need to bear this in mind before the bed-wetting and wrist-slashing starts happening in the event of us losing a tie in the diddiest of diddy cups.

We need to either have injured players back or new blood in for the game on the 23rd August though. No excuses allowed then.

Brightside
22-07-2015, 09:46 AM

Unreal. Are you really suggesting that we need to sign more Strikers? We're not ****** Man U!

We are in the Scottish Championship. We have 4 quality strikers plus reserves. People really need to wake up and realise what level of team we are now.

brog
22-07-2015, 09:52 AM

I guess goalies don't count!

J-C
22-07-2015, 09:52 AM
Unreal. Are you really suggesting that we need to sign more Strikers? We're not ****** Man U!

We are in the Scottish Championship. We have 4 quality strikers plus reserves. People really need to wake up and realise what level of team we are now.

We have 5 strikers, 2 regulars, 1 a development unproven kid, 2 injured ( 1 that looks very doubtful if he may even play for some time ), we are not in a great place with strikers, Malonga and Cummings need competition or they'll get lazy like they did a lot of the time last season, yes they scored a good few goals but they should've scored more.

Ozyhibby
22-07-2015, 09:54 AM

We need to consider it if we can't get Farid fit.
If we start thinking like a championship team then we will remain a championship team.

Billychaotic182
22-07-2015, 10:01 AM

The strikers aren't the problem. They scored a lot of goals. What we need is more goals from midfield and judging by preseason Allan has upped his game.

Andy74
22-07-2015, 10:12 AM
I think expectations have been raised a bit.

We did a lot of good business (eventually) last summer, we did good business early in the window in January, we were all pleased with the early business we did in this window.

Then it all went a bit quiet.

The injuries are freaking a lot of people out - if we had all of them starting to stake a claim then I'm sure people would be happier. As it stands it looks like we'll be going into the new season relying to a great extent on those we had last season. These are players that should be good enough to deal with the Montrose, Dumbarton and Morton games but I would imagine it would be a step up to play against The Rangers and these players were found wanting in the last 3 games against them last season.

It's going to be too soon to get these players back for Saturday so we probably need to bear this in mind before the bed-wetting and wrist-slashing starts happening in the event of us losing a tie in the diddiest of diddy cups.

We need to either have injured players back or new blood in for the game on the 23rd August though. No excuses allowed then.

Even without the injuries I would still be disappointed if we don't get another one or two quality players in.

If we look at Keatings replacing Djedje then that is a good move.

Reguero for Cerny - no idea

Carmichael for McGeough - I think we have to wait and see on that. McGeough was important for us.

Bartley for Robertson - hopefully good move, although Robertson played almost every game so it was needed.

At the moment we haven't yet filled the other gaps in the squad from Craig and Watson going.

So it's a wee bit more than just the injuries, we are not in a position overall where you could say with any certaintly that we have actually improved the team from the end of last year.

Smartie
22-07-2015, 10:15 AM
The strikers aren't the problem. They scored a lot of goals. What we need is more goals from midfield and judging by preseason Allan has upped his game.

The strikers are part of the problem.

Remember - we fell short last season. In the playoff against The Rangers and in the Falkirk semi-final we just weren't good enough.

I like Malonga and Cummings individually and they both had a decent return last season but our lack of goals in the biggest games cost us dear. Part of that was down to the midfield but also part of that was down to those 2. I don't think their movement is always good enough and whilst they offer a lot I don't think they have a great "killer instinct". I don't think they work particularly well as a pairing and I'm also not convinced that the midfielders we have available will be able to make a lot of chances for them.

We've had 2 friendlies in a few days. We toiled to break down a team from a lower league that played for about 80 minutes with ten men and we chucked away a silly goal. We failed to score once against another lower-league team.

Whilst I'm not exactly at the bed-wetting stage there are a couple of signs that I think we should be a bit concerned about although we have time before the league season starts to get people back fit again.

jacomo
22-07-2015, 01:47 PM
We need to consider it if we can't get Farid fit.
If we start thinking like a championship team then we will remain a championship team.

Where is this coming from?

Agree that Farid is a worry, as he's currently injured and has only actually played a handful of games for Hibs. But I like his attitude and seen enough to suggest he will do well for us.

Ozyhibby
22-07-2015, 01:50 PM
Where is this coming from?

Agree that Farid is a worry, as he's currently injured and has only actually played a handful of games for Hibs. But I like his attitude and seen enough to suggest he will do well for us.

His performance in the last Derby shows that he is a quality player, no doubt about it. Getting him on the pitch though is not proving easy.

jacomo
22-07-2015, 02:20 PM
His performance in the last Derby shows that he is a quality player, no doubt about it. Getting him on the pitch though is not proving easy.

Fingers crossed that this run of bad luck is coming to an end.

His operation this summer was scheduled, was it not, so I'm hopeful he's on track with his recovery.

Tha Cabbage Kid
22-07-2015, 02:35 PM

Remember - we fell short last season. In the playoff against The Rangers and in the Falkirk semi-final we just weren't good enough.

I like Malonga and Cummings individually and they both had a decent return last season but our lack of goals in the biggest games cost us dear. Part of that was down to the midfield but also part of that was down to those 2. I don't think their movement is always good enough and whilst they offer a lot I don't think they have a great "killer instinct". I don't think they work particularly well as a pairing and I'm also not convinced that the midfielders we have available will be able to make a lot of chances for them.

We've had 2 friendlies in a few days. We toiled to break down a team from a lower league that played for about 80 minutes with ten men and we chucked away a silly goal. We failed to score once against another lower-league team.

Whilst I'm not exactly at the bed-wetting stage there are a couple of signs that I think we should be a bit concerned about although we have time before the league season starts to get people back fit again.

I think you guys are being a little hard on our strikers here.
malonga's first season in the championship and Cummings is just a kid. both did well and the fact that they missed alot of chances only says to me that they were atleast in those positions to miss them. with a little bit of experience these guys will get even better. obviously we cant depend on El Alagui at the moment and keatings will have to adapt to our way also. but i think we could be doing alot worse that what we have. apart from zeefuik our strikers are way better that anyone elses in this league.

Fergus52
22-07-2015, 04:01 PM

I'm pretty sure malongas goal to minute ratio was quite a bit better than Sows.

bill the hibby
22-07-2015, 05:42 PM
Rangers announce holt...another decent signing

flash
22-07-2015, 06:14 PM

Am sure your Bill. As for the second bit not so sure.

truehibernian
22-07-2015, 06:16 PM

Signing Dylan will cheer him up flash don't worry :wink::greengrin

CRAZYHIBBY
22-07-2015, 06:44 PM
The rangers have made some good signings...arguably better signings than us. ..this isn't going to be a walk in the park this season

Billy Whizz
22-07-2015, 06:50 PM

A guy that couldn't get a game for Hearts

Paisley Hibby
22-07-2015, 06:54 PM

Agree with most of that except your point about midfield being at fault. In the Cup semi and both play off semis we created loads of good chances. The problem was our strikers' inability to convert them. From what I saw at Dunfermline last Saturday that remains our problem. Stubbs couldn't solve the problem last season and with basically the same players up front this again I don't see how he's going to fix it this season...I think they're just not good enough.

bill the hibby
22-07-2015, 07:01 PM

I'm a hibby, but I'm also not blinded by loyalty, I can admit when our rivals sign a decent player and imo holt is a decent player for this league especially

truehibernian
22-07-2015, 07:02 PM
The rangers have made some good signings...arguably better signings than us. ..this isn't going to be a walk in the park this season

Not sure how you can justify that CH,

Oxley - signed from an EPL club and one who was a safe pair of hands last season (their keeper signed from League One club, one who conceded most out of the top 7 in league)

Keatings - scored in this league for both Accies and Hearts, both promoted from this league we are in, and who Hearts were sad to see leave (Waghorn.....relegated from Wigan, fallen from EPL to League 1 via loans last 3 seasons with no proven strike record)

Carmichael - creative player, been on Hibs radar a while, a player we were all delighted to sign (Halliday, another like Waghorn, has had injury yet never cemented a place.......Bradford let him go which tells you all you need to know......never ever reached potential)

Bartley - unknown quantity, Howe rated him and took him to two clubs which says a lot (Holt, good wee player, can drift out of games, decent signing for me)

Fyvie - already saw his quality last 5 months, fantastic signing (better than Holt)

Boyle - pace in abundance and one we sorely missed in the play offs, seems to love the club (Tavernier, saw him last night, similar player with lots of pace but looked unfit)

The Rangers have also signed two centre halves, one from relegated Wigan and one (Wilson) who shows as much desire to succeed in life as a mouse in a cat sanctuary.......always prone to errors in every single game I have seen him in.

In short I'd rather have our lads :aok:

Allant1981
22-07-2015, 07:04 PM

They had arguably the best squad in the league last season and look how that turned out for them, would love for us to win the league but it was always going to between us and them anyway so they can sign who they want

bill the hibby
22-07-2015, 07:09 PM
If I'm being honest I cannot wait until all injuries are cleared up and stubbs has the starting 11 that he believes is the strongest. Then I'll feel uber confident

tamig
22-07-2015, 07:14 PM
Not sure how you can justify that CH,

Oxley - signed from an EPL club and one who was a safe pair of hands last season (their keeper signed from League One club, one who conceded most out of the top 7 in league)

Keatings - scored in this league for both Accies and Hearts, both promoted from this league we are in, and who Hearts were sad to see leave (Waghorn.....relegated from Wigan, fallen from EPL to League 1 via loans last 3 seasons with no proven strike record)

Carmichael - creative player, been on Hibs radar a while, a player we were all delighted to sign (Halliday, another like Waghorn, has had injury yet never cemented a place.......Bradford let him go which tells you all you need to know......never ever reached potential)

Bartley - unknown quantity, Howe rated him and took him to two clubs which says a lot (Holt, good wee player, can drift out of games, decent signing for me)

Fyvie - already saw his quality last 5 months, fantastic signing (better than Holt)

Boyle - pace in abundance and one we sorely missed in the play offs, seems to love the club (Tavernier, saw him last night, similar player with lots of pace but looked unfit)

The Rangers have also signed two centre halves, one from relegated Wigan and one (Wilson) who shows as much desire to succeed in life as a mouse in a cat sanctuary.......always prone to errors in every single game I have seen him in.

In short I'd rather have our lads :aok:
A pretty good summary imo.

brog
22-07-2015, 07:19 PM
Agree with most of that except your point about midfield being at fault. In the Cup semi and both play off semis we created loads of good chances. The problem was our strikers' inability to convert them. From what I saw at Dunfermline last Saturday that remains our problem. Stubbs couldn't solve the problem last season and with basically the same players up front this again I don't see how he's going to fix it this season...I think they're just not good enough.

Really?? A 19 year old in his first full season at senior level is clear top scorer in the league despite playing for a team which finishes 21 points behind the winners. How many goals would he have needed to score to be considered good enough? People keep saying we missed all these chances all season, does anyone have stats to back this up or is it just a Hibs Net Fact!
PS the main reason we lost our cup semi was due to one highly regarded midfielder's inability to mark his man, or even jump!

bingo70
22-07-2015, 07:25 PM
[/B]Really?? A 19 year old in his first full season at senior level is clear top scorer in the league despite playing for a team which finishes 21 points behind the winners. How many goals would he have needed to score to be considered good enough? People keep saying we missed all these chances all season, does anyone have stats to back this up or is it just a Hibs Net Fact!
PS the main reason we lost our cup semi was due to one highly regarded midfielder's inability to mark his man, or even jump!

I don't have any stats but I know it because I saw it, we missed loads of chances in the vast majority of games we dropped points in.

Not really sure what stats your looking for to confirm this but surely you must remember this happening?

J-C
22-07-2015, 07:28 PM
I came away from either dropping points at ER or just scraping a win and saying to myself if they'd taken half the chances we had we'd have won at a canter.

brog
22-07-2015, 07:37 PM
I don't have any stats but I know it because I saw it, we missed loads of chances in the vast majority of games we dropped points in.

Not really sure what stats your looking for to confirm this but surely you must remember this happening?

The point is I'm sure nearly every team could say the same thing re games in which they've dropped points. Without meaningful stats to back comments up it's only opinion. My memory ( & opinion ) is that JC had a pretty high return on goals scored from chances created but I'll stand corrected if someone can prove otherwise. My main comment however was directed at the poster who said a 19 year old who scored 19 league goals from 27 starts ( 33 in total ) isn't good enough. That (IMO only) is nonsense.

flash
22-07-2015, 07:42 PM
The point is I'm sure nearly every team could say the same thing re games in which they've dropped points. Without meaningful stats to back comments up it's only opinion. My memory ( & opinion ) is that JC had a pretty high return on goals scored from chances created but I'll stand corrected if someone can prove otherwise. My main comment however was directed at the poster who said a 19 year old who scored 19 league goals from 27 starts ( 33 in total ) isn't good enough. That (IMO only) is nonsense.

Some of the criticism towards Cummings is ludicrous.

SquashedFrogg
22-07-2015, 07:44 PM
I came away from either dropping points at ER or just scraping a win and saying to myself if they'd taken half the chances we had we'd have won at a canter.

Lets hope a more organised pre-season and a years experience will see us gain points which we dropped last year. We were in disarray this time last year.

Delighted we've done business early but I'm still convinced there's a few diamonds to be signed.

We are in such a strong place from the bottom of our entire club. I hope people see the big picture and don't implode if we maybe need another year after this. Lets give the team all our support but not go mental if there's a few hiccups along the way.

Obviously I want us to go up (everyone's hope this year) But for me, if we need to build another year, then I'm comfortable to do so.

Anyway... Bring on the Huns :flag::flag::flag:

AlbertK86
22-07-2015, 07:47 PM

Spot .... Should or could have won by five or six goals most weeks

bingo70
22-07-2015, 07:50 PM
Some of the criticism towards Cummings is ludicrous.

I wouldn't say he's not good enough but I do still think he's very raw.

20 goals is a very decent return so I'm not quite sure why I'm not convinced by him yet, possibly because there were so many games he played poorly in, even if he did score.

SquashedFrogg
22-07-2015, 07:51 PM
Spot .... Should or could have won by five or six goals most weeks

Another season (properly prepared this time) will hopefully see us maximising our opportunities this season.

That's my hope anyway. Hit the ground running and strike fear into the rest.

McKenzie
22-07-2015, 07:51 PM

So all they chances fell to our strikers? The main difference between ourselves and Hearts was goals from other areas on the pitch (bar keepers). Midfield runs beyond strikers are essential to winning games this season, especially with malonga always dropping short to receive the ball.

Real Emerald
22-07-2015, 08:01 PM
If I'm being honest I cannot wait until all injuries are cleared up and stubbs has the starting 11 that he believes is the strongest. Then I'll feel uber confident
I'm still on holiday and have missed a bit of whats going on, so can someone give a summary of what players are injured, their injuries and how long they're out for please?

Aldo

Agree with this Brog!

Every player can do better IMHO but folk need to remember JC is only 19 years old and will get better!

I expect him to get the same if not more this season.

flash
I wouldn't say he's not good enough but I do still think he's very raw.

20 goals is a very decent return so I'm not quite sure why I'm not convinced by him yet, possibly because there were so many games he played poorly in, even if he did score.
He is raw and he will only get better. I can't wait.

SquashedFrogg
22-07-2015, 08:15 PM
He is raw and he will only get better. I can't wait.

The boy's got a knack for scoring goals. He will only improve with other aspects but that part can't be taught IMO

I think back to Ally McCoist (showing my age). Not the greatest footballer but could put the ball in the net. (Clearly a Hun ref. I hope people know what I mean)

jacomo
22-07-2015, 08:21 PM

I'd be a lot more worried if we weren't creating chances.

Good strikers don't give their missed chances a 2nd thought. All they focus on is trying their best to convert the next opportunity. There's every reason to think our strikers will do better than last season.

SquashedFrogg
22-07-2015, 08:30 PM
I'd be a lot more worried if we weren't creating chances.

Good strikers don't give their missed chances a 2nd thought. All they focus on is trying their best to convert the next opportunity. There's every reason to think our strikers will do better than last season.

Totally.

We now have a settled strike force who know each other well and know what playing for Hibs is all about. Plus a guy who scores lots of goals in this league.

Confident we will score more goals. Would love Mcgeouch back though

Heisenberg
22-07-2015, 08:45 PM
And so it begins....

Sky Sports Scotland ‏@ScotlandSky (https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky) 44s44 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky/status/623957042496151552)
SKY SOURCES: Hibernian reject a bid from Rangers for midfielder Scott Allan.

J-C
22-07-2015, 08:51 PM
So all they chances fell to our strikers? The main difference between ourselves and Hearts was goals from other areas on the pitch (bar keepers). Midfield runs beyond strikers are essential to winning games this season, especially with malonga always dropping short to receive the ball.

Where did I say strikers? I said missed chances that should've been taken but were not, we dropped too many points by dominating teams but not putting them away.

Ronniekirk
22-07-2015, 08:57 PM
And so it begins....

Sky Sports Scotland ‏@ScotlandSky (https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky) 44s44 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky/status/623957042496151552)

Play him on Saturday and let him orchestrate their downfall They will be hoping to unsettle the player so it's best response he could give ,and I fully expect that to happen.maybe the hibs support need to turn up in numbers ,and back him ,and the board in their resolve not to sell him .

SquashedFrogg
22-07-2015, 09:09 PM
Play him on Saturday and let him orchestrate their downfall They will be hoping to unsettle the player so it's best response he could give ,and I fully expect that to happen.maybe the hibs support need to turn up in numbers ,and back him ,and the board in their resolve not to sell him .

For me he's a potential £6 - £8m player in the future (minimum)

Based on previous OF players sold.

Despite only 1 year left on cotract we should be asking for half of this. I know this got laughed at in a previous thread but that's his market value based on potential fees IMO.

If not, I'd rather we made a stance and didn't play him as he'll go on a free and wouldn't be the player he is.

This needs sorted asap. A wee video saying he's happy means nowt.

Hannah_hfc
22-07-2015, 09:12 PM
And so it begins....

So after all summer if talk they wait till 3 days before our fixture with them to unsettle him? Couldn't make it up. I wish they had died as a club. Absolutely raging and I sincerely hope Hibs tell them where to go.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
22-07-2015, 09:23 PM
Typical tactics from them in the West.

Hibs fans should sing Scott's name on Saturday and show how much we appreciate him.

Agreed though it needs sorted ASAP - he's not for sale at any price and staying till end of season. Though every player does have a price! One I doubt Sevco can afford.

Steviethebear
22-07-2015, 09:27 PM
Saturday be better to sing his name probably 😁

Ozyhibby
22-07-2015, 09:32 PM
Just have to hope Petrie doesn't fancy one of those nice bottles of red in Dave's cellar. :-(

tanfield
22-07-2015, 09:47 PM
[/B]PS the main reason we lost our cup semi was due to one highly regarded midfielder's inability to mark his man, or even jump![/QUOTE]

Absolute pish! Did you forget we didn't score any goals that day. Were you hoping for a win on pens??

livi hibs 1875
22-07-2015, 10:49 PM
And how much was this bid a £5 , let's put a bid in for a sevco player **** ****s

And so it begins....

w pilton hibby
22-07-2015, 11:07 PM
And how much was this bid a £5 , let's put a bid in for a sevco player **** ****s

£100,000 according to the Daily Record

cabbageandribs1875
22-07-2015, 11:12 PM
£100,000 according to the Daily Record

so they haven't even got the decency to put in a bid for what the player is worth, big club my ****** erky, i do hope HFC treat this nonsense with the utter contempt it deserves, laughable

bingo70
22-07-2015, 11:15 PM
so they haven't even got the decency to put in a bid for what the player is worth, big club my ****** erky, i do hope HFC treat this nonsense with the utter contempt it deserves, laughable

It was always going to be a low bid designed to unsettle the player, they know fine well what they're up to.

Unfortunately their plan normally works.

Next step is the player puts in transfer request, then the club's agree a more realistic transfer fee.

cabbageandribs1875
22-07-2015, 11:15 PM
And so it begins....

i'm disgusted we even replied

cabbageandribs1875
22-07-2015, 11:19 PM
It was always going to be a low bid designed to unsettle the player, they know fine well what they're up to.

Unfortunately their plan normally works.

Next step is the player puts in transfer request, then the club's agree a more realistic transfer fee.

aye well if he does he can go do one as far as i'm concerned

Green Cabbage 7
22-07-2015, 11:45 PM
This isn't designed for sevco to get Scott, it's to get the other teams that are interested to make a move and get him out our team, and weaken us in the process, they can't afford him!

Greencore
22-07-2015, 11:55 PM
This isn't designed for sevco to get Scott, it's to get the other teams that are interested to make a move and get him out our team, and weaken us in the process, they can't afford him!

And to unsettle us on Saturday so they have the physiological advantage if they win against us for the season, mind games.

Green Cabbage 7
23-07-2015, 12:01 AM
And to unsettle us on Saturday so they have the physiological advantage if they win against us for the season, mind games.

It certainly is mate, I don't think it will work though, I think Scott looks totally focused and seems to be happy, and is professional enough to get on with the job.

Ozyhibby
23-07-2015, 12:07 AM
Could do with some chat about us signing some players on here. It's gone worryingly quiet on that front. :-(

truehibernian
23-07-2015, 12:08 AM
i'm disgusted we even replied

Which is why Hibs, if they are smart, canny and veiled, can come out and say exactly what the offer was and how a club like The Rangers are proving how they totally under-rate talent and have absolutely no concept, as a new club, of player values :greengrin

Coll Donaldson, a player who played for Livingston, went to QPR for over £150,000 - under 30 appearances with no awards and a relative unknown.

Hibs should show up The Rangers for what they are - cheapskates :aok::aok::aok:

They ARE SKINT :agree:

TRC
23-07-2015, 01:33 AM
Would love him to score on saturday pull out a contract with a rangers badge on rip it up and chuck it over the rangers bench

Hibeesmad
23-07-2015, 02:42 AM
Don't want to look too much into it, but Scott Allan favourited a tweet 2 hours ago from a Rangers fan saying "join the revolution #HandItIn"

Libby Hibby
23-07-2015, 05:38 AM
Not on my Twitter feed

cam75
23-07-2015, 05:55 AM
Chat up in Aberdeen,willo flood and cash for SA?

bigwheel
23-07-2015, 05:56 AM
Don't want to look too much into it, but Scott Allan favourited a tweet 2 hours ago from a Rangers fan saying "join the revolution #HandItIn"

It's been photoshopped. He didn't do it

Update. - actually. Yes he did !..Favourited a sevco fans tweet.

marinello59
23-07-2015, 06:01 AM
Chat up in Aberdeen,willo flood and cash for SA?

Utter bull. Flood hates us and the Sheep are deluded fools. Ignore their chat.

bigwheel
23-07-2015, 06:01 AM

Actually. I take it back. He has favourited that - how helpful!

marinello59
23-07-2015, 06:02 AM
:thumbsup:

DH1875
23-07-2015, 06:10 AM
Actually. I take it back. He has favourited that - how helpful!

So he did do it? (I'm not on twitter).

DH1875
23-07-2015, 06:11 AM
Utter bull. Flood hates us and the Sheep are deluded fools. Ignore their chat.

Remind me, why does Flood hate us?

brog
23-07-2015, 06:19 AM
[/B]PS the main reason we lost our cup semi was due to one highly regarded midfielder's inability to mark his man, or even jump!

Absolute pish! Did you forget we didn't score any goals that day. Were you hoping for a win on pens??[/QUOTE]

Did you forget if we hadn't conceded we would have had an extra 30 minutes to score the winning goal? As we did the previous year against the same team!

bigwheel
23-07-2015, 06:25 AM
So he did do it? (I'm not on twitter).

Yes. He has. Favourited a sevco fans tweet

bigwheel
23-07-2015, 06:26 AM
Remind me, why does Flood hate us?

He doesn't. It's made up fans opinion - there's no way we would do that deal though !

green day
23-07-2015, 06:27 AM

Could easily be a mistake. I am typing this from a provençal poolside, and the sun can make you press the wrong thing ☺

Sergio sledge
23-07-2015, 06:34 AM

I cant see it, his last favourite that I can see is about Danny Handling's injury. Maybe its because I am using an app though?

bigwheel
23-07-2015, 06:42 AM
I cant see it, his last favourite that I can see is about Danny Handling's injury. Maybe its because I am using an app though?

He has deleted (unfavourited ) it Was there this morning Let's hope it was an error

flash
23-07-2015, 06:56 AM
Having had a good night's sleep I feel differently than I did last night.
The offer is an insult and Hibs should react accordingly by briefing the media that he won't be signing for the Huns under any circumstances.
The player has never wavered from the position that he wants to see out his contract so no problem there.
I have faith in the people who talk for Hibs now to do the right thing.
Its time we sent a clear message to both our own fans and the rest of Scottish Fitba that we ain't to be messed with.
As for the The Rangers what a shower of tossers.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-07-2015, 07:08 AM
If the response is that there have been no serious offers to buy the player, then that would be correct.

Winston Ingram
23-07-2015, 07:13 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33633331

£100k

Greenworld
23-07-2015, 07:14 AM
I suspect other bids will now come in sadly not necessarily from Rangers.
Saturday will be a good game for other teams to watch expect lots of clubs to be represented at the game.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

sleeping giant
23-07-2015, 08:09 AM

No he didn't

Brightside
23-07-2015, 08:21 AM
No he didn't

He 100% did and has since deleted. I saw it on his Twitter feed with my own eyes. TBF its very easy to fav tweets by mistake if you are browsing.

Ozyhibby
23-07-2015, 08:28 AM
He 100% did and has since deleted. I saw it on his Twitter feed with my own eyes. TBF its very easy to fav tweets by mistake if you are browsing.

Correct, I once favourited some fascist bulls**t that had been retweeted by someone I followed. Didn't know I'd done it till a friend sent me a 'wtf?' message.

jacomo
23-07-2015, 09:04 AM
£100k?

Insult to Hibs and the player. SA now knows how little The Rangers value him, and how little money they have.

Why would he commit to that? Next summer he will have more options - stay with the glorious Hibees (obviously the best choice by far) or go to a club that can offer him rewards that recognise his ability.

Unseen work
23-07-2015, 10:43 AM
Iv always said Scott Allan wouldn't go to rangers if he had the chance.

But now I think he would, largely because who they have signed and especially with him going would see them getting promoted. They have a good manager and are spending money on new players.

The main reason I think he would go is because they signed andy Halliday, the 2 of them have been best mates since they were about 2 and it's always been there dream to play for rangers.

truehibernian
23-07-2015, 10:50 AM
I suspect other bids will now come in sadly not necessarily from Rangers.
Saturday will be a good game for other teams to watch expect lots of clubs to be represented at the game.

I strongly suspect Celtic will now use this ideal situation to underline the power shift in Glasgow and bid around £1million for Scott - puts The Rangers in a horrible position for them where they have to stick or twist - staggering payments on a £175K bid tells me that they won't 'twist'

This may be a Scott Brown type transfer (if it were to happen)

bill the hibby
23-07-2015, 11:09 AM
£175k...simply put, embarrassing

Aldo
23-07-2015, 11:14 AM
I strongly suspect Celtic will now use this ideal situation to underline the power shift in Glasgow and bid around £1million for Scott - puts The Rangers in a horrible position for them where they have to stick or twist - staggering payments on a £175K bid tells me that they won't 'twist' This may be a Scott Brown type transfer (if it were to happen)

Hope so. Now that would be funny as!

Chuck in Dylan permanently and the other 2 mentioned on loan.

In fact no straight swap with Leigh and they have a deal! ( sorry shouldn't of even brought his name into it)

Billychaotic182
23-07-2015, 11:37 AM
Callum McGregor on loan was mentioned by agent Scotland on Twitter. Said it was only if we lose Allan though.

500miles
23-07-2015, 11:51 AM
Callum McGregor on loan was mentioned by agent Scotland on Twitter. Said it was only if we lose Allan though.

If Celtic came in with £500k and Callum McGregor for Allan, i'd take that deal. The boy knows where the goals are, and we need that.

Allan's a real magician, but we could be even more effective with McGregor.

truehibernian
23-07-2015, 11:54 AM

He's been reading the messageboard methinks - however I think we could easily get him on loan regardless. What was telling was Ronny Deila saying he would be happy to send him on loan to a Scottish club which at the time I thought strange given he did so well on loan down south in a very competitive league. I'd hazard a guess that deals with Celtic will only be struck once they know their Champions League status though. Big selling point should they want to bring in 2 or 3 and thus allow the likes of DM and CM to go out on loan again (or be sold).

Northern Hibby
23-07-2015, 11:59 AM
I wonder would the rangers ever take a celtic player on loan?

Bostonhibby
23-07-2015, 12:25 PM
I wonder would the rangers ever take a celtic player on loan?
The now defunct Glasgow rangers wouldn't and I think the new boys wouldn't either

easty
23-07-2015, 12:37 PM
Away from the Scott Allan sage, I see the Scotland U19 boy Jack Harper from Real Madrid has signed for Brighton. Be interesting to see if he can cut it in the English Championship.

Stevie Reid
23-07-2015, 12:45 PM
Bizarrely, one of four rotating images on the top story (rolling pre-season news) on BBC Football at the moment is Tony Rougier and Henrik Larsson challenging for the ball at ER. Says there's a 'nightmare debuts' debate going on somewhere in the page so I guess that's why.

Ozyhibby
23-07-2015, 12:46 PM
Any news on us bringing in much needed signings of our own?

brog
23-07-2015, 01:00 PM
I strongly suspect Celtic will now use this ideal situation to underline the power shift in Glasgow and bid around £1million for Scott - puts The Rangers in a horrible position for them where they have to stick or twist - staggering payments on a £175K bid tells me that they won't 'twist'

This may be a Scott Brown type transfer (if it were to happen)

I posted almost the same thing on PM board this morning with the additional thought that DM may be used as a makeweight. It wouldn't necessarily be the worst solution in the world for us providing we received appropriate compensation.

Eyrie
23-07-2015, 05:00 PM
Bizarrely, one of four rotating images on the top story (rolling pre-season news) on BBC Football at the moment is Tony Rougier and Henrik Larsson challenging for the ball at ER. Says there's a 'nightmare debuts' debate going on somewhere in the page so I guess that's why.

But Larsson got an assist on his debut .....

Del Boy
24-07-2015, 08:14 AM
John McGinn will visit Hibs today according to The Sun.

number9dream
24-07-2015, 08:27 AM

Don't get the fuss about this lad at all. A busy wee player but no goal threat and not exactly silky on the ball. Certainly not a replacement for SA.
Hope he's recovered from the spearing incident but not sure he's worth the compensation fee to St Mirren unless we can drive a real bargain.

Hibs History
24-07-2015, 08:34 AM
Don't get the fuss about this lad at all. A busy wee player but no goal threat and not exactly silky on the ball. Certainly not a replacement for SA.
Hope he's recovered from the spearing incident but not sure he's worth the compensation fee to St Mirren unless we can drive a real bargain.

Well said

keep the faith
24-07-2015, 08:36 AM
I posted almost the same thing on PM board this morning with the additional thought that DM may be used as a makeweight. It wouldn't necessarily be the worst solution in the world for us providing we received appropriate compensation.

I know what your saying but I think there is a massive massive value on the points Allan can give us, the entertainment and pleasure he brings to watching hibs and the advantage he gives our promotional bid.
For those reasons I think we should reject ALL bids for him.

The_Horde
24-07-2015, 08:50 AM

He's taking legal action against them for that incident.

Can't see them being too hard to deal with. If stubbs likes him then I trust he'll make the right call

WellingtonHibby
24-07-2015, 09:00 AM

Saw it too. He did

Brightside
24-07-2015, 09:03 AM
McGinn signing by the looks of it... I know nothing at all about him. He's totally passed me by.

JimBHibees
24-07-2015, 09:15 AM
McGinn signing by the looks of it... I know nothing at all about him. He's totally passed me by.

Always been impressed by him in the times I have seen him, decent on the ball, determined, left sided and very athletic.

Hibs History
24-07-2015, 09:17 AM

Where?

Andy74
24-07-2015, 09:20 AM

I'd be surprised.

Dundee Utd, Hearts, Houston Dynamo all reportedly interested and St Mirren look to be due about £200,000 for him.

IWasThere2016
24-07-2015, 09:21 AM

Great wee player. If he joins we will allow SA to leave IMHO.

Ozyhibby
24-07-2015, 09:21 AM
I'd be surprised.

Dundee Utd, Hearts, Houston Dynamo all reportedly interested and St Mirren look to be due about £200,000 for him.

Minus what he sues them for when he got a spear in the leg.

Iain G
24-07-2015, 09:27 AM
But Larsson got an assist on his debut .....

Was a lovely ball to Charnley :greengrin

Brightside
24-07-2015, 09:31 AM
I'd be surprised.

I think the 200k will vanish when he drops the court case. He certainly not coming in today to take part in the keepyup challenge.

flash
24-07-2015, 09:32 AM

Get him in along with Dylan and one more midfielder and I will drive Allan to Ibrox myself.

Ozyhibby
24-07-2015, 09:34 AM
I think the 200k will vanish when he drops the court case. He certainly not coming in today to take part in the keepyup challenge.

Is he not very good, likes?
;-)

Scooter
24-07-2015, 09:35 AM

Agreed. The only reason he's suing is to get out of the development fee

oneone73
24-07-2015, 09:36 AM
Agreed. The only reason he's suing is to get out of the development fee

Doesn't augur well...

JimBHibees
24-07-2015, 09:36 AM
Is he not very good, likes?
;-)

Yep three is his best. :greengrin

Brightside
24-07-2015, 09:39 AM
Yep three is his best. :greengrin

And that's with a balloon.

bill the hibby
24-07-2015, 09:44 AM
Heard McGinn signing for 100k, mcgeouch deal very close and dependant on celtic. Allan has been told he isn't going to rangers and nothing from them will be accepted.

Diclonius
24-07-2015, 09:47 AM
Heard McGinn signing for 100k, mcgeouch deal very close and dependant on celtic. Allan has been told he isn't going to rangers and nothing from them will be accepted.

If these deals come through and Allan is refusing to play then I would offload him to Not Rangers ASAP.

Hibs History
24-07-2015, 09:47 AM

I like the sound of all that!

JimBHibees
24-07-2015, 09:49 AM
And that's with a balloon.

I think he got four with a balloon. :greengrin

J-C
24-07-2015, 09:52 AM
Is McGinn the laddie that got speared by eejit Thomson with the flagpole?

Del Boy
24-07-2015, 09:55 AM

Yes

jacomo
24-07-2015, 10:04 AM
If these deals come through and Allan is refusing to play then I would offload him to Not Rangers ASAP.

Aye, but our manager has repeatedly said that SA is a very important player for us this season.

GreenOnions
24-07-2015, 10:17 AM

I like the look of John McGinn. Bit of pace, good touch, combative and - unusually - seems to be good with both feet.

Unseen work
24-07-2015, 10:28 AM
Would be delighted signing mginn and mcgeoch! Both are very good young players!

None would replace Allan though, Allan is going nowhere. The fact hibs are making such a fuss about how he is going nowhere, to then turn Around and accept a bid would make them look very stupid.

The main reason is because in this league, for the money we have, Scott Allan is irreplaceable. Any team in the championship in the top 5 with him in there team would have a chance at the title.

CRAZYHIBBY
24-07-2015, 10:35 AM
Newsnow saying allan has handed in a transfer request and wants to join rangers. ...yet other headlines say otherwise. ...typical of rangers trying to unsettle players before big games

Scooter
24-07-2015, 10:35 AM

But didn't really though

Brightside
24-07-2015, 10:41 AM
Newsnow saying allan has handed in a transfer request and wants to join rangers. ...yet other headlines say otherwise. ...typical of rangers trying to unsettle players before big games

Link? if you mean the Newsnow feed, that is just a made up delivery service that anyone can publish News on.

Brightside
24-07-2015, 10:43 AM
Scott Allan is the cover star of tomorrow match programme! hahaha

Unseen work
24-07-2015, 10:44 AM
I personally cannot see Allan handing in a transfer request after how well the club has treated him, IMO it would be very disrespectful. Plus it is a very close squad and it would upset the morale if he was to do that, especially when it's been made clear he is going nowhere m.

Unseen work
24-07-2015, 10:45 AM
Scott Allan is the cover star of tomorrow match programme! hahaha

I seen that, very good touch haha

Heisenberg
24-07-2015, 12:04 PM
Rhys McCabe to be taken on trial according to the sun.

Billychaotic182
24-07-2015, 12:05 PM

Thought he was signing for St Johnston?

SunshineOnLeith
24-07-2015, 12:08 PM

I signed him on Football Manager for Hibs and he was brilliant. Stubbs out, SoL in.

Unseen work
24-07-2015, 12:18 PM
So we have went to basically no rumours or midfielders to signing mginn, McCabe and mcgeouch in a couple of hours. Interesting

andrew70
24-07-2015, 12:25 PM
So we have went to basically no rumours or midfielders to signing mginn, McCabe and mcgeouch in a couple of hours. Interesting

Could Hibs be trying a wee bit gamesmanship of their own here?

Tell DM that we are moving on and looking to sign another midfielder (McCabe) thus he tells Celtic he's unhappy, wants to leave and wants to join Hibs asap as he's not going to get any game time at Celtic.

Greenworld
24-07-2015, 12:27 PM
read that too if he does that then it will be interesting.

SunshineOnLeith
24-07-2015, 12:29 PM

Newsnow just repost stuff from elsewhere, it will be a rehash of the Sun/STV's garbage from last night.

hibees 7062
24-07-2015, 12:35 PM

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/s526x395/11750676_10153503240542363_1055670502170500648_n.j pg?oh=435917d4a30d6696cd90f1af8e5e93f7&oe=56543028

J-C
24-07-2015, 12:40 PM

This the same paper that said Alan had begged us to let him join Rangers. :confused:

hibees 7062
24-07-2015, 12:41 PM
http://t.co/TeBECrU2n0

truehibernian
24-07-2015, 12:41 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/6204118.stm

Chill - been there, done that :wink::aok:

Iain G
24-07-2015, 12:45 PM

Funny, reading that all these years later, Willie MacKay still comes across as a knob :agree::greengrin

GreenArmyyy!
24-07-2015, 12:47 PM
Hearing that McGinn may not have just been shown around East Mains this morning but actually signed. Also Celtic want £100,000 for McGeough which we are trying to get together.

Brightside
24-07-2015, 12:48 PM
Hearing that McGinn may not have just been shown around East Mains this morning but actually signed. Also Celtic want £100,000 for McGeough which we are trying to get together.

Yep 100k for McGinn. Should be announced this afternoon.

Geo_1875
24-07-2015, 12:49 PM

£100k for a loan or permanent deal?

J-C
24-07-2015, 12:50 PM

2 very good signings if it comes off, we may have enough money for both players and we have a couple of free wages from last season not been used yet.

Diclonius
24-07-2015, 12:51 PM

Good signing.

Greenworld
24-07-2015, 12:52 PM

Oh I am super chilled I am very happy the way hibs are doing things.

HibbyAndy
24-07-2015, 12:56 PM

So is the 100 K going to mcginn or mcgeough ?

GreenArmyyy!
24-07-2015, 12:58 PM
£100,000 I was referring to is for McGeough not sure whether a fee is attached to the McGinn deal or not.

Ozyhibby
2 very good signings if it comes off, we may have enough money for both players and we have a couple of free wages from last season not been used yet.

Might have £1m for Scott Allan as well

Brightside
So is the 100 K going to mcginn or mcgeough ?

100k to st Mirren for mcginn. Dylan is still a loan I think... but id be happy if we sign him.

Heisenberg
24-07-2015, 01:00 PM
I would be mightily impressed if we got both Mcginn and Mcgeough

GreenArmyyy!
24-07-2015, 01:03 PM
Anywhere else heard Harris away to Cowdenbeath on loan?

nellio
24-07-2015, 01:04 PM
If McGinn has signed I would be happy!!

TheFamous1875

Nut - where'd you hear that?

JimBHibees

Saw QOS being mentioned

Thecat23
24-07-2015, 01:05 PM

Couple of folk on the PM board have posted he's away on loan but it wasn't them. I'll leave it to them if they want to post it!

iwasthere1972
24-07-2015, 01:05 PM
If McGinn has signed I would be happy!!

Me too. Good wee player.

GreenArmyyy!
24-07-2015, 01:06 PM
Can't say unfortunately but personally I would be surprised by this. Would have thought he would now at least be at the stage of fighting for a place. Disappointing.

nellio
24-07-2015, 01:06 PM
I signed him on Football Manager for Hibs and he was brilliant. Stubbs out, SoL in.

I signed Bartley on FM15 for hibs. Only ball winning midfielder I could afford who had at least 15 tackling. Was a destroyer but got booked almost every game!!

green.and.white
24-07-2015, 01:07 PM
McGinn would be a good signing, I hope the chat about it happening today is true

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-07-2015, 01:07 PM
So 100k for McGinn and possibly a loan for McGeouch? That would be superb.

Unseen work
24-07-2015, 01:08 PM
Adding mginn and/or mxgeouch today and getting them in the squad for tomorrow would be a massive boost.

I would be happy for us to sign them 2 plus McCabe but can't see it personally. Unless one was to leave Stanton/Harris. Personally don't want Stanton to leave, not fussed about Harris

Brightside
24-07-2015, 01:11 PM

surely not... hes far too good for them.

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-07-2015, 01:13 PM
McGeough, McGinn and McCabe. Any other midfielders beginning with 'Mc' oot there?

J-C
24-07-2015, 01:15 PM

Thought he'd been decent in a couple of pre season games going by the posters who saw him, unless there's something in the background we don't know, maybe a personality clash somewhere.

GreenArmyyy!
24-07-2015, 01:16 PM
Adding mginn and/or mxgeouch today and getting them in the squad for tomorrow would be a massive boost.

I would be happy for us to sign them 2 plus McCabe but can't see it personally. Unless one was to leave Stanton/Harris. Personally don't want Stanton to leave, not fussed about Harris

No info just an opinion but McCabe may be a back up incase Allan leaves?

J-C
24-07-2015, 01:16 PM
McGeough, McGinn and McCabe. Any other midfielders beginning with 'Mc' oot there?

Heard they have to have either a Scottish or Irish sounding name before Stubbs will entertain them.

Unseen work
24-07-2015, 01:20 PM
No info just an opinion but McCabe may be a back up incase Allan leaves?

I always thought McCabe was more of a deep lying playmaker with a good tackle on him rather than the type that sets up a lot of goals. Similar mould to fyvie I think!

Not seen him play much however though so may be wrong!

Unseen work
24-07-2015, 01:21 PM
Heard they have to have either a Scottish or Irish sounding name before Stubbs will entertain them.

In all seriousness it's brilliant to see us getting a squad of really quality who are mostly Scottish! Good for our game

JimBHibees
24-07-2015, 01:23 PM
I always thought McCabe was more of a deep lying playmaker with a good tackle on him rather than the type that sets up a lot of goals. Similar mould to fyvie I think!

You are right about that.

J-C
24-07-2015, 01:23 PM
In all seriousness it's brilliant to see us getting a squad of really quality who are mostly Scottish! Good for our game

I agree

southsider
24-07-2015, 01:24 PM
We sold Colin Stein to them for £100,000 but that was 46 years ago and you could buy a flat in Leith (my parents did !) for £300. Times change but it appears der Hun are stuck in a time warp.

cabbageandribs1875
24-07-2015, 01:30 PM
We sold Colin Stein to them for £100,000 but that was 46 years ago and you could buy a flat in Leith (my parents did !) for £300. Times change but it appears der Hun are stuck in a time warp.

only to be expected, their fans certainly are...FACT

Andy74
24-07-2015, 01:33 PM
So if I'm following, we have signed for McCabe for £100,000? :greengrin

Cabbage East
24-07-2015, 01:49 PM
McCabe GRASS

Heisenberg
24-07-2015, 01:51 PM
Kenny Millar saying we haven't signed McGinn and are only one of a few teams interested.

matty_f
24-07-2015, 01:54 PM
McCabe GRASS

:faf:

24-07-2015, 01:55 PM

Their supporters are anyway, they are still living in the past where Rangers were a mighty club that was so attractive to players because they could offer big european nights, SPL title challenges, domestic trophies just about every season, playing with real quality players and genuinely being a force. I can see why in the past players were attracted to them but nowadays they are a shadow of their former club, challenging in the 2nd tier.

hibees 7062
24-07-2015, 01:56 PM
McCabe GRASS

:greengrin

Geo_1875
24-07-2015, 02:02 PM
Their supporters are anyway, they are still living in the past where Rangers were a mighty club that was so attractive to players because they could offer big european nights, SPL title challenges, domestic trophies just about every season, playing with real quality players and genuinely being a force. I can see why in the past players were attracted to them but nowadays they are a shadow of their former club, challenging in the 2nd tier.

They're not even a shadow of their former club, they're dead.

andrew70
24-07-2015, 02:05 PM
Kenny Millar saying we haven't signed McGinn and are only one of a few teams interested.

Yet his headline says "McGinn set for Hibs switch...to partner Al in midfield"

"McGinn set" suggests it's more or less complete. So unless he's backtracking then he may want to amend his headline.

sleeping giant
24-07-2015, 02:06 PM
McCabe GRASS

:faf:
Memories :greengrin

crewetollhibee
24-07-2015, 02:07 PM
They're living a lot farther in the past than just a few seasons ago.

leggeto
24-07-2015, 02:08 PM
McCabe GRASS

Lol,trying to remember what wall that was on

GordonHFC
24-07-2015, 02:10 PM

I think he said this earlier on this morning to expand on his earlier statement that he was being shown areound EM today. Things may have moved along since then?

Iggy Pope
24-07-2015, 02:14 PM
McCabe GRASS

This post is brilliant.

robinp
24-07-2015, 02:16 PM
Lol,trying to remember what wall that was on

Every wall, sign and road sign around sighthill, longstone, wester hailes and murrayburn for about 10 years!

essexhibee
24-07-2015, 02:17 PM
Every wall, sign and road sign around sighthill, longstone, wester hailes and murrayburn for about 10 years!

15186 :aok:

Thecat23
24-07-2015, 02:21 PM
McCabe GRASS

😂👏🏼👏🏼

hibees 7062
24-07-2015, 02:24 PM

Calder road roundabouts

robinp
24-07-2015, 02:37 PM
Calder road roundabouts

There was still faint McCabe grass embossed road sign at one of the roundabouts up until just a few years ago.

ManBearPig
24-07-2015, 02:41 PM

Longstone park had a huge one.

hibees 7062
24-07-2015, 02:49 PM
There was still faint McCabe grass embossed road sign at one of the roundabouts up until just a few years ago.

Aye the first one after the big hoose

anon1875
24-07-2015, 02:57 PM
If we get McGinn that's a really good signing imo.

Alex Trager
24-07-2015, 04:02 PM
Aye the first one after the big hoose

What does it mean?
Who was he/she?
Who/what did he/she grass on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
24-07-2015, 04:11 PM
What does it mean?
Who was he/she?
Who/what did he/she grass on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/24/9539387e752e6c9608f20309074327db.jpg

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-07-2015, 04:16 PM
McGinn a done deal?

Steve20
24-07-2015, 04:18 PM
McGinn a done deal?

Apparently got shown round East Mains and we are one of a few interested teams. That's according to Kenny Millar on Twitter anyway.

Ronniekirk
24-07-2015, 04:39 PM
Apparently got shown round East Mains and we are one of a few interested teams. That's according to Kenny Millar on Twitter anyway.

So not a done deal that anyone in the know is aware of

Aldo
24-07-2015, 04:40 PM
McGinn a done deal?

Where we hearing this BMD?? Source !!

GreenArmyyy!
24-07-2015, 04:41 PM
I have been told that the deal was done this morning by what should be a very reliable source. Only time will tell.

Keith_M
24-07-2015, 04:47 PM
I have been told that the deal was done this morning by what should be a very reliable source. Only time will tell.

Straight swap for Scott Allan?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-07-2015, 05:04 PM
Where we hearing this BMD?? Source !!

Nothing concrete Aldo, just a few folk on social media saying it's a done deal. Hence why I asked on here mate.

Aldo
24-07-2015, 05:10 PM
Nothing concrete Aldo, just a few folk on social media saying it's a done deal. Hence why I asked on here mate.

Social media! Farf!!

Would like to see him signed up. Fingers crossed something comes of it!

bill the hibby
24-07-2015, 05:27 PM
Like I said ive heard he's been signed for 100k

1875STEVE
24-07-2015, 06:14 PM
Newsnow just repost stuff from elsewhere, it will be a rehash of the Sun/STV's garbage from last night.

Newsnow don't repost or rehash anything mate.

Website's PAY newsnow to put their story's up on their site, it's one of he biggest "news portal" sites on the web.

GreenArmyyy!
24-07-2015, 06:25 PM
Straight swap for Scott Allan?

Not meant to be anything to do with Allan staying or going.

Allant1981
24-07-2015, 06:32 PM

Rhys plays more of a forward role

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-07-2015, 07:45 PM
Seemingly St Mirren are willing to drop the compo if McGinn agreed to drops his 'spearing' claim. Interesting stuff if true!

Brightside
24-07-2015, 07:49 PM
Seemingly St Mirren are willing to drop the compo if McGinn agreed to drops his 'spearing' claim. Interesting stuff if true!

100k is defy what St Mirren want - that may include what he is willing to drop as i think they were looking for 200k

truehibernian
24-07-2015, 07:52 PM
100k is defy what St Mirren want - that may include what he is willing to drop as i think they were looking for 200k

You think Celtic are keeping their powder dry for an Allan/Dylan deal ?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-07-2015, 07:57 PM

Interesting... Has he signed or that yet?

Brightside
24-07-2015, 08:18 PM
You think Celtic are keeping their powder dry for an Allan/Dylan deal ?

Nope Celtic don't want Allan and he;d never sign for them.

Brightside
24-07-2015, 08:20 PM
Interesting... Has he signed or that yet?

Well i was told they were very hopeful it would be done today....but he does have other options. Stubbs wants him. He does also have an offer from Dundee Utd..and the states. ....lets just wait and see.