PDA

View Full Version : Hibs transfer thread (Last Day Update - Anier / Feruz (both loan) in, None out)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Unseen work
16-07-2015, 10:15 PM
Where has the Australian player link come from?

Kenny Millar saying he's unknown to most Scottish fans so it won't be someone that's been playing in Scotland.

Imo and this is absolute guesswork but it'll be someone released from a championship club down south that nobody will have heard of.

Just because someone suggested it a couple of posts back! Like I said I still think Irvine is unknown to most Scottish fans. I had certainly never heard of him before

yerauldda
16-07-2015, 10:17 PM
Marvin bartley, ex burnley

Andy74
16-07-2015, 10:17 PM
Just because someone suggested it a couple of posts back! Like I said I still think Irvine is unknown to most Scottish fans. I had certainly never heard of him before

Jackson Irvine has played about 50 games in the SPL.

He also doesn't fit the imposing and experienced description.

Unseen work
16-07-2015, 10:20 PM
[QUOTE=Andy74;4413835]Jackson Irvine has played about 50 games in the SPL.

He also doesn't fit the imposing and experienced description

I'm giving my opinion based on what others have said. Regardless on how many games he has played I still don't think if u asked fans of the spl, many could tell you who he is

yerauldda
16-07-2015, 10:21 PM
He's 6ft 3. Was relegated with Leyton Orient last season. Followed Eddie Howe from Bounemouth to Burnley.

Unseen work
16-07-2015, 10:23 PM
Marvin bartley, ex burnley

Guessing you know for definite? Looks like a big imposing guy and decent enough pedigree

yerauldda
16-07-2015, 10:25 PM
Guessing you know for definite? Looks like a big imposing guy and decent enough pedigree

100% him! Yeah sounds like the type of player Stubbs was after, good to have a bit of experience behind Fyvie and Allan. Another piece of the jigsaw hopefully.

Unseen work
16-07-2015, 10:29 PM
100% him! Yeah sounds like the type of player Stubbs was after, good to have a bit of experience behind Fyvie and Allan. Another piece of the jigsaw hopefully.

Good stuff mate! On paper looks good, let's hope he can do the job and help the younger guys on! Also for being 29 he looks very young! Haha about 21!

Tyler Durden
16-07-2015, 10:32 PM
Where has the Australian player link come from?

Kenny Millar saying he's unknown to most Scottish fans so it won't be someone that's been playing in Scotland.

Imo and this is absolute guesswork but it'll be someone released from a championship club down south that nobody will have heard of.

My fault - someone tweeted Millar asking "big, tall well groomed Aussie" to which he replied "2 out of 3 ain't bad".

Misread it initially to read that the Aussie part was accurate when clearly he's taking the piss and the big and tall chat fits the bill.

Just getting caught up in the excitement of a new signing I suppose!

lochhibs
16-07-2015, 10:36 PM
http://www.soccerbase.com/players/home.sd?search=marvin+bartley
http://www.skysports.com/football/player/4186/marvin-bartley
same player,2 different profiles.

Radium
16-07-2015, 10:43 PM
http://m.heraldscotland.com/sport/13439222.Alan_Stubbs_hopeful_of_Marvin_Bartley_cap ture_for_Hibernian/

bouncing around on Twitter suggesting Bartley

Andy74
Kenny Millar and CCP both now following Bartley on Twitter.

BarneyK
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13439222.Alan_Stubbs_hopeful_of_Marvin_Bartley_cap ture_for_Hibernian/

ALAN STUBBS, the Hibernian manager, is hopeful of completing a deal to sign former Bournemouth and Burnley midfielder Marvin Bartley in the next 24 hours.
The 29-year-old, who was on the books of Leyton Orient last term, was shown around the capital club's East Lothian training base yesterday and contract talks are at an advanced stage.

Bartley played 28 times for Orient last term as they endured relegation from League One and opted to leave the club at the end of the season. He would become Hibs' sixth summer signing following the arrivals of Mark Oxley, Martin Boyle, James Keatings, Danny Carmichael and Antonio Reguero – and will fill the combative central midfield role vacated by Scott Robertson and Liam Craig.

Meanwhile, Hibs have been rocked by an injury blow after versatile forward Danny Handling was ruled out for at least six months. The 21-year-old was stretchered off during Tuesday evening's 3-0 friendly win over Berwick Rangers at Shielfield and subsequent scans have shown that he has suffered knee ligament damage.

He will go undergo surgery next Friday but will not kick a ball again until 2016.

"It's his ACL [anterior cruciate ligament] and it is obviously disappointing news," Stubbs lamented. "We feared the worst when it happened. We thought it was something serious and it has proved to be the case.

"The best case scenario would be the start of next year, maybe six months at the minimum."

Share article

While Stubbs is hopeful Danny Carmichael could return to training in time to be considered for next week's curtain-raiser against Rangers, fellow new signing James Keatings will miss the start of the season.

"It looks like Keatings is going to miss a few weeks," Stubbs said. "He has a slight hamstring strain. For the couple of weeks, he won't be featuring."

Diclonius
16-07-2015, 10:45 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Bartley

Could be worse.

BarneyK
16-07-2015, 10:45 PM
http://dothebouncy.com/main/threads/marvin-bartley.66027/

"If this is true and he is the same player that left us you're in for a treat, a fantastic holding midfielder who breaks up play and when he hits a tackle they stay hit, also great energy to get around the pitch that leaves you tired watching him. "

Ronniekirk
16-07-2015, 10:46 PM
Kenny Millar and CCP both now following Bartley on Twitter.

Picked up six yellow cards while with orient last season so that's the bit of steel , Big guy as well ,and we could do with a bit of height to help out defensively .Might be a good shout this one

Stevie Reid
16-07-2015, 10:47 PM
Liking the sound of Bartley but disappointing about Keatings - players missing so much of pre-season always struggle to get going.

Unseen work
16-07-2015, 10:48 PM
I always feel a lot more confident when we sign a player outright and don't need to offer them a trial first

hibees 7062
16-07-2015, 10:52 PM
Reminds me of a big Centre Half we signed from Dunfermline :greengrin

Ronniekirk
16-07-2015, 10:58 PM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13439222.Alan_Stubbs_hopeful_of_Marvin_Bartley_cap ture_for_Hibernian/

ALAN STUBBS, the Hibernian manager, is hopeful of completing a deal to sign former Bournemouth and Burnley midfielder Marvin Bartley in the next 24 hours.
The 29-year-old, who was on the books of Leyton Orient last term, was shown around the capital club's East Lothian training base yesterday and contract talks are at an advanced stage.

Bartley played 28 times for Orient last term as they endured relegation from League One and opted to leave the club at the end of the season. He would become Hibs' sixth summer signing following the arrivals of Mark Oxley, Martin Boyle, James Keatings, Danny Carmichael and Antonio Reguero – and will fill the combative central midfield role vacated by Scott Robertson and Liam Craig.

Meanwhile, Hibs have been rocked by an injury blow after versatile forward Danny Handling was ruled out for at least six months. The 21-year-old was stretchered off during Tuesday evening's 3-0 friendly win over Berwick Rangers at Shielfield and subsequent scans have shown that he has suffered knee ligament damage.

He will go undergo surgery next Friday but will not kick a ball again until 2016.

"It's his ACL [anterior cruciate ligament] and it is obviously disappointing news," Stubbs lamented. "We feared the worst when it happened. We thought it was something serious and it has proved to be the case.

"The best case scenario would be the start of next year, maybe six months at the minimum."

Share article

While Stubbs is hopeful Danny Carmichael could return to training in time to be considered for next week's curtain-raiser against Rangers, fellow new signing James Keatings will miss the start of the season.

"It looks like Keatings is going to miss a few weeks," Stubbs said. "He has a slight hamstring strain. For the couple of weeks, he won't be featuring."

So Farid and Keatings and Boyle look like missing out on first few league games ,need Carmichael to get fit to give us options .its a shame the new players couldn't of been fiully integrated into the team before league starts but no reason why the players that finished last season can't get us off to that flying start we need and we now can't afford to risk rushing players back , they need to be fit .

Tyler Durden
16-07-2015, 10:59 PM
Reminds me of a big Centre Half we signed from Dunfermline :greengrin

Why's that?

B.H.F.C
16-07-2015, 10:59 PM
Liking the sound of Bartley but disappointing about Keatings - players missing so much of pre-season always struggle to get going.

Yeah that is disappointing. Farid is still a fair bit away as well. Need to keep Malonga and Cummings fit for the start of the season as it could be a while before the rest are properly up to speed.

SteveHFC
16-07-2015, 11:00 PM
Good signing. Now we need another midfielder and we're sorted.!

hfc rd
16-07-2015, 11:11 PM
Liking the sounds of this Marvin Bartley. A solid defensive midfielder.

hibees 7062
16-07-2015, 11:17 PM
Why's that?

His build

hibees 7062
16-07-2015, 11:18 PM
Good signing. Now we need another midfielder and we're sorted.!

Dylan would good

Calasandro
16-07-2015, 11:37 PM
I saw him play for Orient a couple of times last season and he is a good DM. Neat and tidy on the ball and reads the game well. Orient struggled with the ownership change etc last season but they actually had a decent squad at that level. Dare I say could be compared to Rocastle when we had him

HoboHarry
16-07-2015, 11:48 PM
Wee Jorge 😀

Vault Boy
17-07-2015, 12:00 AM
After reading what the Orient fans had to say about him, he appeared to have a really strong second half of last season, but seemingly struggled with injuries. Hopefully if we do sign him he can stay fit and perform well. Not dissimilar to Fontaine in that he was valued very highly at one stage but has been a bit unlucky since then. Could be another success story for us.

GreenCastle
17-07-2015, 12:16 AM
I think Bartley would be a good signing and in a position we need someone.

Very frustrating we have some many injuries but hopefully the 5 out injured will make an impact when they all return.

1van Sprou7e
17-07-2015, 01:45 AM
Bit injury prone for my liking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvpw4hC_c8w

SouthMoroccoStu
17-07-2015, 05:06 AM
Bit injury prone for my liking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvpw4hC_c8w

Got to love that level of commitment despite a minor injury

:wink:

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-07-2015, 06:20 AM
Interestingly, Wiki says that up until 2007, Bartley was only part time and combined football with a job fitting double glazing.
Sounds like we've got ourselves a real glass act.

Tyler Durden
17-07-2015, 06:44 AM
His build

I always think of Bamba as a centre back but he was great in midfield initially. It probably has been as far back as him since we had someone with that physicality being effective in a holding midfield role. OTJ certainly was not, he had the heart of a pea

Stuarty27
17-07-2015, 07:50 AM
Ive never seen the guy play and willing to give him a chance. Hopefully he is a player.

However I can understand peoples reaction, if Rangers had signed him, folk on here would be laughing their t its off!

Platinum Scotty
17-07-2015, 07:52 AM
If the manager thinks he can do a job, then I don't see any issue with him and look forward to him signing up!

Ronniekirk
17-07-2015, 07:57 AM
Ive never seen the guy play and willing to give him a chance. Hopefully he is a player.

However I can understand peoples reaction, if Rangers had signed him, folk on here would be laughing their t its off!

Rangers wanted Harry Winks from Spurs but looks like they Spurs may prefer to loan him out down south .So looks like they are not getting a few of their first targets .

Bronson
17-07-2015, 08:03 AM
I think that on paper, Bartley sounds like a solid signing. Decent CV having played at Bournemouth, Burnley and Leyton Orient (they may have been relegated last season but they were chasing promotion to the championship the season before when Russell Slade was manager).

Anyone who is underwhelmed should cast their minds back to when David Gray signed. Lots of groans then because of where he came from, and he turned out more than alright.

I'm very optimistic, our team is really starting to take shape while the huns are lagging further and further behind.

17-07-2015, 08:03 AM
I don't know anything about Bartley but I have full trust in Stubbs and his team. Bartley, like every other player that pulls on the hibs Jersey, will have my 100% support.

Billy Whizz
17-07-2015, 08:10 AM
Heard what through the grapevine...that makes no sense as an answer.

I don't understand certain people on this site, just where do you folk think Hibs are going to get their signing, we've been lucky with Allan and Fyvie but Div 1 in England is about the same standard as our Championship, maybe even a better standard.

Stubbs/Doolan etc must have seen him play a few times as well, as he played on their doorstep

GreenArmyyy!
17-07-2015, 08:10 AM
Quite underwhelmed.

Stubbs has been very astute in the transfer market so far, don't expect this to be any different. I was very underwhelmed when we first signed Sproule, he wrong can we be.

Ozyhibby
17-07-2015, 08:20 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/17/4405592adc55d57868a39027c6c514dc.jpg

Wonder if the big baldy guy rates him?

Gus
17-07-2015, 08:27 AM
Underwhelmed, we are in the Scottish championship ffs. This guy appears to have a decent cv and I think on paper at least will be a very good addition

Sadly Hibs fans are fickle, I trust AS to bring in the right players who will bring the talents on the park and buy into the ethos off it

Ozyhibby
17-07-2015, 08:28 AM
I've not seen this guy play but from what I've read this morning on his former clubs forums, he sound exactly what we need.
Very fit, very fast and bags of energy. Good at breaking up play and knows how to mix it. There were not a lot in the way of negative comments although some orient fans a bit peeved at his injury problems.
I'm hopeful.

J-C
17-07-2015, 08:29 AM
Stubbs/Doolan etc must have seen him play a few times as well, as he played on their doorstep

As I said apart from Allan and Fyvie, look at where the others have come from, Fontaine was Bristol City(div 1) Gray was Stevenage, Farid was Brentford, Div 1 England is a good level and one where we're at right now.

Andy74
17-07-2015, 08:30 AM

Would they? :confused:

Thecat23
17-07-2015, 08:36 AM

Why would folk laugh if The Rangers signed him? Looks to me this lad is exactly the type of player we are looking for and Stubbs will know what he will get from him. I'm happy enough with us bringing him to ER.

davidw
17-07-2015, 08:48 AM
Heard what through the grapevine...that makes no sense as an answer.

I don't understand certain people on this site, just where do you folk think Hibs are going to get their signing, we've been lucky with Allan and Fyvie but Div 1 in England is about the same standard as our Championship, maybe even a better standard.

Er... I think you'll find he was making a joke in relation to the Marvin Gaye references in the previous posts.

People need to lighten up a little FFS...

I'll also give the player the benefit of the doubt as I trust Stubbs' judgement, but people should be allowed to say they are feeling underwhelmed if they are feeling underwhelmed. And to make jokes.....

Ozyhibby
17-07-2015, 08:51 AM
He's exactly the level of player new Rangers have been signing which puts us on a level playing field with them. That will do for me.

BT58
17-07-2015, 09:09 AM
How many had heard of Fontaine before he came here???
Look how he turned out,, AS has shown he can pick up a player, lets give the guy a chance to settle.(if he signs)

Hibs1992
17-07-2015, 09:12 AM
We have been bemoaning our lack of a) experienced senior players and b) central midfielder who can mix it up and do the dirty work.

If Bartley signs then he,at least on paper, ticks both boxes.

He has been playing regular games and I much prefer to bring in a player who has been involved in a competitive season than someone who has played a handful of reserve games.

He has played in good Burnley & Bournemouth sides and played most games for Leyton Orient last season. Make no mistake the majority of League One sides are vastly superior to the sides in our division. That's where we are at.

Stevie Reid
17-07-2015, 09:12 AM
Liking the sound of him in terms of type of player, and age and experience. Motherwell and Inverness have had a great deal of success with players from this market as well.

Mikey09
17-07-2015, 09:16 AM
I love this judge a player type who write them off or come out with pish like "underwhelmed" having NEVER heard of them or NEVER seen them play! :faf::faf::faf:

Most of us never heard of Latapy, Matty Jack, wee Ivan, Zitelli, Daniel Anderson... The list could go on. It can also go the other way with the De Grafs of this world however it comes down to the scouting and manager.... So forgive me but I'll trust Stubbs and give the lad a chance.

E10 Rifle
17-07-2015, 09:16 AM
He fits the bill perfectly. Understated, solid, and has good experience, allows the others to play round round him doing a lot of the unfancied work of a midfielder. Orient were a disaster last season due to ownership and having 4 different managers (only two of whom could speak English), so their current predicament should not put people off the level of signing. On paper Orient had one of the strongest squads last season in a League that would whack most of the teams in ours - they just had a a total plum in charge for most that never picked the same team twice and had no idea what he was doing. Bartley chose to leave rather than go through that again and wished to play at a higher level. This would be good if it goes through and puts a square peg firmly in a square hole for us in terms of a DM.

Billychaotic182
17-07-2015, 09:17 AM
People writing that Hibs fans are fickle. Only one person has said they were underwhelmed the rest remain positive.

I think he could be a cracking signing. Most on this site love a big defensive midfielder with heart and fight so he sounds like he fits....... Dare I say it...... The Matty Jack role......

Craig_HFC
17-07-2015, 09:20 AM
Er... I think you'll find he was making a joke in relation to the Marvin Gaye references in the previous posts.

People need to lighten up a little FFS...

I'll also give the player the benefit of the doubt as I trust Stubbs' judgement, but people should be allowed to say they are feeling underwhelmed if they are feeling underwhelmed. And to make jokes.....

Well said. It's a witch hunt on here at times if you give an opinion that differs from the consensus.

I trust Stubbs with his signings as so far they've been very good, hopefully this'll be another gem unearthed.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
17-07-2015, 09:21 AM
Folk writing him off already, jesus😂 don't judge a players ability until you have seen them play for yourself 👍🏻

CallumLaidlaw
17-07-2015, 09:21 AM
I think 99% of us would be lying if we said we knew anything about this guy. But then how many of us knew much about Fontaine or Malonga before we signed them. Although the reading of comments from fans of his previous clubs indicate that he was quite well liked and is the kind of "solid" player we are needing.

Someone said if Rangers signed this guy we would be laughing - The reason for that is, they still think of themselves as a huge international club. Their signings so far say otherwise. If Bartley had signed for them, I'd say the same as I've said about Eustace & Keirnan - solid signings that will improve their starting 11 without providing anything that scares me. The difference is, we already have some game changers in the squad - Allan, Fyvie, Boyle, Cummings, Malonga. Players that can provide a bit of magic or something different. We were/are lacking a few solid reliable players to fill out the squad, especially in the DM position, and it looks like Bartley fits exactly into this role. I look forward to seeing him in the team :aok:

Some People seemed to be happy with the idea of Kiss, Paton, Clingan coming in. There's nothing to say that this guy isn't a better option than all of them.

SteveHFC
17-07-2015, 09:22 AM
Folk writing him off already, jesus😂 don't judge a players ability until you have seen them play for yourself 👍🏻

Some folk are unreal mate and I'm including myself in that category :greengrin

Looks a decent signing on paper.

Andy74
17-07-2015, 09:31 AM
Official now. Good stuff.

Brightside
17-07-2015, 09:35 AM
Well said. It's a witch hunt on here at times if you give an opinion that differs from the consensus.

I trust Stubbs with his signings as so far they've been very good, hopefully this'll be another gem unearthed.
A Witch Hunt?? Wtf! Maybe people are just fed up with the 4 or 5 constantly negative posters. I'm surprised they can make it to work in the mornings, they must be **** scared about the sky falling in.

DaveF
17-07-2015, 09:39 AM
Looks like what we have been missing for a while. Hopefully he'll get a wee run out at Dunfermline tomorrow.

Welcome to Hibernian Marvin.

stoneyburn hibs
17-07-2015, 09:41 AM
Never heard of the guy but I'll trust Stubbs and his staff given their track record thus far.

NAE NOOKIE
17-07-2015, 10:04 AM
know nothing about the guy, but then I know nothing about most of the players in the English premier league too. One positive is that he seems to be able to attract interest from clubs after playing for relegated teams, which would suggest his contribution wasn't part of the problem.

Could be a good signing if he can stay fit ....... AS has done pretty well so far signing players, I'm happy to trust his judgement.

Brightside
17-07-2015, 10:17 AM
Just spoke to an Orient fan who is gutted. Said he was under rated. A workhorse who likes to get stuck in.

Neo167
17-07-2015, 10:20 AM
Welcome to the club Marvin, glad to have you on board ! Looks like the kind of player we have desperately needing over the last few seasons.

i still think that we are a couple of players short and definitely with the 5 currently on the injury list. Definately cover at the back and probably one more midfielder.

In in stubbsy we trust !

:gwa:

Baldy Foghorn
17-07-2015, 10:28 AM
Just spoke to an Orient fan who is gutted. Said he was under rated. A workhorse who likes to get stuck in.

Good to hear, a workhorse is exactly what we need, with a bit of steel added in for good measure:flag:

silverhibee
17-07-2015, 10:32 AM
Good to hear, a workhorse is exactly what we need, with a bit of steel added in for good measure:flag:

Get him a 6 pack of the Irn Bru for him as a welcome gift. :greengrin

Iain G
17-07-2015, 10:47 AM
Welcome to the club Marvin, glad to have you on board ! Looks like the kind of player we have desperately needing over the last few seasons.

i still think that we are a couple of players short and definitely with the 5 currently on the injury list. Definately cover at the back and probably one more midfielder.

In in stubbsy we trust !

:gwa:

Watson to add cover at the back and another midfielder would probably see the end of our business I would think?

hfc rd
17-07-2015, 10:50 AM
Bartley officially signed. Just got an e-mail from the club.

Gatecrasher
17-07-2015, 10:51 AM
sounds like a decent signing, the type of player we need.

Springbank
17-07-2015, 10:51 AM
I think Hibs (from Alan Stubbs to Leeann Dempster) have played a blinder during thus summer transfer window

Great to see good signings and retaining the game changers

Hibby Gav
17-07-2015, 11:08 AM
Welcome Big Man !

Good to say that....in the past our midfield has been fairly average in height....good to have a bit of 'presence' in there

ggtt

Shrekko
17-07-2015, 11:17 AM
Welcome Big Man !

Good to say that....in the past our midfield has been fairly average in height....good to have a bit of 'presence' in there

ggtt

I wonder if we might finally have filled the 'Matty Jack role' after all these years! :-)

CallumLaidlaw
17-07-2015, 11:37 AM
Chelsea have had a £20m bid for Everton's John Stones rejected

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/9915820/chelseas-stones-bid-rejected

Hibby Gav
17-07-2015, 11:46 AM
I wonder if we might finally have filled the 'Matty Jack role' after all these years! :-)

nah....... ;-)

snooky
17-07-2015, 11:57 AM
Attacking-wise, who is our best player in the air?
We could really do with an Alan Gordon clone up front.

Wheat Hound
17-07-2015, 11:58 AM
Attacking-wise, who is our best player in the air?
We could really do with an Alan Gordon clone up front.

If he remains fit, Farid El Alagui will be this player. The first centre forward since maybe Mixu to bully a Hertz defence.

southern hibby
17-07-2015, 12:06 PM
How many had heard of Fontaine before he came here???
Look how he turned out,, AS has shown he can pick up a player, lets give the guy a chance to settle.(if he signs)

I watched Fontaine numerous times and was good for city. Was utterly gobsmacked that we signed him, even though some city fans thought he was a bit inconsistent.

GGTTH

rosco-hibee
17-07-2015, 12:20 PM
BBC report that Paul Cairney has joined Stranraer after a season with Killie. I remember Paul being a decent enough player, had some off games, but was definitely a decent enough squad player.

Surprised to see him in the doldrums of League 1.

SteveHFC
17-07-2015, 12:23 PM
Chelsea have had a £20m bid for Everton's John Stones rejected

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/9915820/chelseas-stones-bid-rejected

:faf:

He's not even worth £5M

hfc rd
17-07-2015, 12:24 PM
BBC report that Paul Cairney has joined Stranraer after a season with Killie. I remember Paul being a decent enough player, had some off games, but was definitely a decent enough squad player.

Surprised to see him in the doldrums of League 1.

I'm also surprised with that too. Thought he would get a club in the Scottish Championship.

CallumLaidlaw
17-07-2015, 12:25 PM
:faf;

He's not even worth that £5M

Hardly. If Sterling is worth £49m, that sets a standard for future young English players. Stones is a future England captain.

patlowe
17-07-2015, 12:30 PM
Starting to get quite excited for the season ahead now, imagining a potential starting line up along the lines of:

Oxley

Gray Hanlon Fontaine Stevenson

Marv

Allan Fyvie Carmichael

Malonga/Farid Cummings

With Forster, Watson, Boyle, Stanton and Keatings off the bench you have to say we are looking pretty decent.

Haymaker
17-07-2015, 01:07 PM
Hardly. If Sterling is worth £49m, that sets a standard for future young English players. Stones is a future England captain.

He has a long way to go before he gets that gig. Still, the potential is there and Chelsea are paying for it.

jacomo
17-07-2015, 01:22 PM
If he remains fit, Farid El Alagui will be this player. The first centre forward since maybe Mixu to bully a Hertz defence.

Farid's the man, although that Kiwi guy who was with us briefly under Mowbray before leaving for Celtc was pretty handy with his heid.

What was his name again?

My_Wife_Camille
17-07-2015, 01:24 PM
Farid's the man, although that Kiwi guy who was with us briefly under Mowbray before leaving for Celtc was pretty handy with his heid.

What was his name again?
Didier Agathe

mike1875
17-07-2015, 01:24 PM

What was his name again?

Chris Killen

Theinsider
17-07-2015, 01:25 PM

What was his name again?

Chris killen

BT58
17-07-2015, 01:26 PM
Didier Agathe

No it wasnt him. It was the CF who got a bad un at pittodrie. Gonna have to do a search

jacomo
17-07-2015, 01:27 PM
Didier Agathe

Nope, I know we played him up front but not the centre forward I was thinking of.

Chris Killen

:aok:

Thanks thats the fella - total mind blank there!

BT58
17-07-2015, 01:28 PM
Chris Killen no ???

BT58
17-07-2015, 01:29 PM
Slow...soz

IanM
17-07-2015, 01:52 PM
Stokes look like he's on his way to Bolton

matty_f
17-07-2015, 02:13 PM
Stokes look like he's on his way to Bolton

Think that's just his running style.

Diclonius
17-07-2015, 02:23 PM

What was his name again?

Can't believe no-one's mentioned Chris Killen yet.

matty_f
17-07-2015, 02:28 PM
Can't believe no-one's mentioned Chris Killen yet.

Wasn't he the Kiwi guy that we had for a while before he went to Celtc? Took a sair yin at Pittodrie?

Golden Bear
17-07-2015, 02:33 PM
Wasn't he the Kiwi guy that we had for a while before he went to Celtc? Took a sair yin at Pittodrie?

That's him. His mother allegedly posted on this forum if I remember correctly.

Diclonius
17-07-2015, 02:35 PM

Who is Chris Killen?

Hibby70
17-07-2015, 02:35 PM

Played up front for New Zealand alongside Didier Agathe if I remember correctly.

Billy Whizz
17-07-2015, 02:36 PM
That's him. His mother allegedly posted on this forum if I remember correctly.

Think she posted as Kiwimum or something like that

bingo70
17-07-2015, 02:41 PM

Think that was agathe?

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-07-2015, 02:53 PM
Liam Craig has signed a one year deal with St Johnstone. Glad he has got a team above the conference. Never worked out with us for one reason or another but a very good professional and wish him all the best.

According to an old guy I heard chatting in the boozer in Berwick on Tuesday who said he knew Craig's old man Craig was on £1400pw @ ER and was offered £3k pw by the conference league side but, his wife wanted to return to Perth. Could be pish, who knows? :greengrin

IanM
17-07-2015, 02:56 PM
Sean Murdoch signs for Dunfermline, always liked the big chap

The_Sauz
17-07-2015, 02:56 PM
Who is Chris Killen?

Sick Note :wink:

snooky
17-07-2015, 03:04 PM
Think that's just his running style.

:greengrin VG Matty :top marks

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-07-2015, 03:08 PM
:faf:

He's not even worth £5M

I'm assuming thats a wind up? :dunno:

snooky
17-07-2015, 03:10 PM
Who is Chris Killen?

Just another piece of Hibs fluff sucked in by the big weegie hoovers.

AlbertK86
17-07-2015, 03:39 PM

Just seen this on Twitter

matty_f
17-07-2015, 03:59 PM
Think that was agathe?

wasn't he the guy whose brother played for Falkirk for a while?

Squealing pig
17-07-2015, 04:06 PM
Welcome big chap..you will see the edinburgh derby next season

Viva_Palmeiras
17-07-2015, 04:10 PM
Played up front for New Zealand alongside Didier Agathe if I remember correctly.

Broke his ankle cutting his toe nail and missed the rest of the season ....but recovered to play against Brasil

Ronniekirk
17-07-2015, 04:12 PM

Just seen this on Twitter
It's already been mentioned on this thread by a few folk and the response has been mixed ,but maybe Stubbs thinks he is worth a risk especially with Danny's injury ruling him out. I would need to be convinced about patons qualities ,but in Stubbs we trust,so if it's going to happen so be it .

Ronniekirk
17-07-2015, 04:15 PM
Who is Chris Killen?
Remember him scoring a double against rangers and getting booked for taking his top off at Easter Road but injury put paid to his career

Andy74
17-07-2015, 04:17 PM
Remember him scoring a double against rangers and getting booked for taking his top off at Easter Road but injury put paid to his career

His Hibs career maybe.

BT58
17-07-2015, 04:19 PM
[QUOTE=matty_f;4414191]Think that's just his running style.[/Q
has he got piles????? :wink::wink::wink:

tamig
17-07-2015, 04:21 PM

And the Showunmi - or is it Sowunmi - brothers.

My_Wife_Camille
17-07-2015, 04:24 PM
He never scored against Rangers, he scored 2 against Dundee when we beat them 5-1 at Easter Road though.

tamig
17-07-2015, 04:25 PM
He never scored against Rangers, he scored 2 against Dundee when we beat them 5-1 at Easter Road though.

I saw him scoring in the cup game at Ibrox - so he did score against the hun.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-07-2015, 04:27 PM

Think he meant Killen not Agathe.

My_Wife_Camille
17-07-2015, 04:28 PM
I saw him scoring in the cup game at Ibrox - so he did score against the hun.
Didier Agathe never even played against Rangers for Hibs. Shame though, he was a good player who suffered bad with injuries and I'm sure his mum used to post good info on here.

My_Wife_Camille
17-07-2015, 04:29 PM
Think he meant Killen not Agathe.
Cheers mate, who was Killen again? Was he that striker/winger we got on loan from Raith?

tamig
17-07-2015, 04:32 PM
Cheers mate, who was Killen again? Was he that striker/winger we got on loan from Raith?

Agathe was from Raith. As the guy said you're getting them mixed up. He wasn't on loan.signed on a 3 month deal for some bizarre reason. McLeish's biggest mistake here imo.

scoopyboy
17-07-2015, 04:32 PM

Think others talking about Killen scoring against cream buns whilst you are talking about Didier Agathe.

tamig
17-07-2015, 04:35 PM
Didier Agathe never even played against Rangers for Hibs. Shame though, he was a good player who suffered bad with injuries and I'm sure his mum used to post good info on here.

I take it you're talking Killen now? The guy was a snake. Hibs saw him through his bad injury and he was on his way to Cardiff (I think) to sign for them when he got a call saying Celtic were in for him and he about turned. Apparently he'd verbally agreed the Cardiff offer.

The_Horde
17-07-2015, 04:52 PM

Aye, think he took a sair yin at Pitlochry

DH1875
17-07-2015, 05:24 PM
I take it you're talking Killen now? The guy was a snake. Hibs saw him through his bad injury and he was on his way to Cardiff (I think) to sign for them when he got a call saying Celtic were in for him and he about turned. Apparently he'd verbally agreed the Cardiff offer.

A snake????? Killen was a top player for us and let's not forget he picked up that injury playing for us. Hibs offered him a 1 year deal and Celtic offered him a 3 year deal on much more money. If I were him I know which deal I'd have signed. Calling him a snake is a bit harsh IMO.

jacomo
17-07-2015, 05:32 PM
Interestingly, Wiki says that up until 2007, Bartley was only part time and combined football with a job fitting double glazing.
Sounds like we've got ourselves a real glass act.

It's been a very decent transfer window so far.

Billychaotic182
17-07-2015, 05:35 PM
Going my the list of squad numbers. We only have 19 first team players. Thoughts?

GreenOnions
17-07-2015, 05:49 PM
Going my the list of squad numbers. We only have 19 first team players. Thoughts?

So that's:

GK: Oxley, Reguero
FB: Gray, Stevenson
CB: Forster, Hanlon, Fontaine
DM: Bartley
AM: Fyvie, Allan, Carmichael, Stanton, Handling
Wide: Boyle, Harris
Strikers: Malonga, Cummings, El Alagui, Keatings

I like the look of a lot of that. Better balance than last year I think with different options in wide and attacking areas. As has been said many times here we just look a bit short in cover at FB and defensive midfield but maybe Stubbs has high hopes for some of our youngsters?

Eyrie
17-07-2015, 05:55 PM
We're short one defender (Watson?), one midfielder (Stanton?) and possibly one winger (Harris?) now.

And we have Dunsmore, Crane, Martin and Allan coming through as well.

tamig
17-07-2015, 05:57 PM
A snake????? Killen was a top player for us and let's not forget he picked up that injury playing for us. Hibs offered him a 1 year deal and Celtic offered him a 3 year deal on much more money. If I were him I know which deal I'd have signed. Calling him a snake is a bit harsh IMO.

The snake was relating to him stitching up Cardiff. He was on his way to sign the paperwork when he got the call and about turned. He was a great player for us.

Mibbes Aye
17-07-2015, 06:04 PM
Agathe was from Raith. As the guy said you're getting them mixed up. He wasn't on loan.signed on a 3 month deal for some bizarre reason. McLeish's biggest mistake here imo.

Was that not Marc Libbra?

My_Wife_Camille
17-07-2015, 06:05 PM
Who did we sign Ed De Gaarmo from?

Mibbes Aye
17-07-2015, 06:06 PM
Who did we sign Ed De Gaarmo from?

Beats me.

Just goes to show though, he can be capped for New Zealand and all but it doesn't mean he's a player.

SquashedFrogg
17-07-2015, 06:10 PM

Now there's a name. Very short spell with us I think but for some strange reason I loved him. No Zitelli (sp) but classy in his own way...

On the subject of players.... was I the only one who thought Hakim Sar-Temsoury was the future? (based on his build up)

tamig
17-07-2015, 06:23 PM

Did Latapy play for Raith too?

Brightside
17-07-2015, 06:27 PM
expect a loan player in the next 5 days hopefully.

Ozyhibby
17-07-2015, 06:33 PM

After his first Derby missed sitter most were saying 3 months was too long a deal. [emoji3]

sleeping giant
17-07-2015, 06:35 PM

We signed Libra from Tolouse

Billy Whizz
17-07-2015, 06:37 PM

Position?

My_Wife_Camille
17-07-2015, 06:38 PM
Filip Kiss :agree:

essexhibee
17-07-2015, 07:10 PM
Mcgeough back on loan would be wonderful....

Ronniekirk
17-07-2015, 07:17 PM
Position?

With Watson still in the mix you would think another midfielder with Danny injured and talk of Stanton considering loan switch to Dundee ,to get more regular game time .

SouthMoroccoStu
17-07-2015, 07:19 PM
Mcgeough back on loan would be wonderful....

Word on the Hibs Paige on Facebook is that we are talking to Celtic this week about getting Dylan back

Fingers crossed :flag:

Billy Whizz
17-07-2015, 07:22 PM
With Watson still in the mix you would think another midfielder with Danny injured and talk of Stanton considering loan switch to Dundee ,to get more regular game time .

Hope you're right Ronnie

Aldo
17-07-2015, 07:51 PM
Der Hun are after Stevie May and they've had a million pound bid accepted by Sheff Wed!!

Springbank
17-07-2015, 07:51 PM
After his first Derby missed sitter most were saying 3 months was too long a deal. [emoji3]

That was unreal, he'd rounded niemi and had an open goal but rushed it, tapped it too softly and the defender had time to get back and clear.

Springbank
17-07-2015, 07:52 PM
Der Hun are after Stevie May and they've had a million pound bid accepted by Sheff Wed!!

Cummings will score more than May

Aldo
17-07-2015, 07:53 PM
Cummings will score more than May

No doubting he will tbh!

pacorosssco
17-07-2015, 07:59 PM
That was unreal, he'd rounded niemi and had an open goal but rushed it, tapped it too softly and the defender had time to get back and clear.

Dieder two goals v dundee were the best double iv seen not just er but ever. Mental to think that overpaid septic manager we big cheque book seem a wing back. Was on fire short spell hibs

Billy Whizz
17-07-2015, 08:01 PM

Aldo, where are you hearing this?

Aldo
17-07-2015, 08:03 PM
Aldo, where are you hearing this?

Hun associate. He's a gid guy for a Hun tbh!

Beefster
17-07-2015, 08:03 PM
Paul Paton's face is too square to play for Hibs.

Billy Whizz
17-07-2015, 08:05 PM
Hun associate. He's a gid guy for a Hun tbh!

Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, and Hearts after him too

Aldo
17-07-2015, 08:07 PM
Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, and Hearts after him too

Ha! He'll be gutted. Chancer!

There is no way the yams can afford him.

Unseen work
17-07-2015, 08:11 PM
Surely we wouldn't get mcgeouch on loan? Seems pointless Celtic extending the contract.

Hope we get kiss either signed or on loan

Unseen work
17-07-2015, 08:12 PM
Also are we still trying for mcginn?

Ronniekirk
17-07-2015, 08:18 PM

I will check my source to see if there is any traction in this one Aldo . But given they are struggling to get youngsters from Spurs and other players to suddenly be able to pay a million pounds for a player seems far fetched unless king realises he now needs to part with a few million of his own money to attract a few players that would shift more season tickets and maybe the management team have said to him Hibs have the better squad at present so if you want us to try and win this leaugue we need layers capable of doing that

Billy Whizz
17-07-2015, 08:20 PM
I will check my source to see if there is any traction in this one Aldo . But given they are struggling to get youngsters from Spurs and other players to suddenly be able to pay a million pounds for a player seems far fetched unless king realises he now needs to part with a few million of his own money to attract a few players that would shift more season tickets and maybe the management team have said to him Hibs have the better squad at present so if you want us to try and win this leaugue we need layers capable of doing that

Ronnie, May is also on £8k per week at Wednesday. So as well as the transfer fee, big wages as well. Think the others were wanting to loan him, with the option to buy after 12 months

Onceinawhile
17-07-2015, 08:24 PM
No chance stevie may is going to rangers.

Aldo
17-07-2015, 08:25 PM

Indeed Ronnie!

I do think that if they were going to buy players for that amount then they would of done it by now!

They are playing catch up at the mo so we shall see how things turn out!

Mibbes Aye
17-07-2015, 08:36 PM
Did Latapy play for Raith too?

Only when NZ didn't insist on him attending international games :agree:

:greengrin

lochhibs
17-07-2015, 08:38 PM
the same guy reported they had put a bid in for SA as well.i think its on the ibrox loyal fb page.he usually gets his info,which is normally keek,on twitter from transferinsider.

BT58
17-07-2015, 08:44 PM
AS has kept his targets very close to himself.
Hopefully we will get another few in who will help us get out this division as champs

Aldo
17-07-2015, 08:44 PM
the same guy reported they had put a bid in for SA as well.i think its on the ibrox loyal fb page.he usually gets his info,which is normally keek,on twitter from transferinsider.

Edit: see below post!

Aldo
17-07-2015, 08:46 PM

Edit: deleted as I despair on here sometimes!

lochhibs
17-07-2015, 08:59 PM
Edit: deleted as I despair on here sometimes!
no got a clue what that means.
i saw the rumour from a rangers fan on fb who posted a pic from ibrox loyal fb page.he's posted a few transfer rumours and he's yet to get 1 right so far.he told me the ibrox loyal guy bets his info from transferinsider on twitter.dont know whats causing you despair with that.

Aldo
17-07-2015, 09:11 PM
no got a clue what that means. i saw the rumour from a rangers fan on fb who posted a pic from ibrox loyal fb page.he's posted a few transfer rumours and he's yet to get 1 right so far.he told me the ibrox loyal guy bets his info from transferinsider on twitter.dont know whats causing you despair with that.

From your previous post it was like the FB or Twitter page guy was my friend and he had got it all wrong about Scott Allan.

I was actually aware of this before lunchtime but was at work.

I have no idea where it originated from but was told this from a guy I used to work with. Who I have know for nearly 20 years!

I am not aware of any of those Hun sites so wouldn't know.

FWIW the despair is the way you posted that it was the same person who started a rumour about Scott Allan when my pal has never even brought the subject up! REALLY!!

lochhibs
17-07-2015, 09:19 PM
From your previous post it was like the FB or Twitter page guy was my friend and he had got it all wrong about Scott Allan.

I was actually aware of this before lunchtime but was at work.

I have no idea where it originated from but was told this from a guy I used to work with. Who I have know for nearly 20 years!

I am not aware of any of those Hun sites so wouldn't know.

FWIW the despair is the way you posted that it was the same person who started a rumour about Scott Allan when my pal has never even brought the subject up! REALLY!!
i didnt mean it to come across that way.all the rangers rumours ive saw have came from ibrox loyal.a pal of mine on fb is posting dross all the time and thats where he gets it from.

Del Boy
17-07-2015, 09:21 PM
Also are we still trying for mcginn?

Think he's going to Dundee Utd. Quite a big fee involved.

Aldo
17-07-2015, 09:24 PM
i didnt mean it to come across that way.all the rangers rumours ive saw have came from ibrox loyal.a pal of mine on fb is posting dross all the time and thats where he gets it from.

No worries! There is dross everywhere when it comes to rumours tbh! It's what to and not to believe.

I think Ronnie K hit the nail on the head when it came to them not being able to attract a couple of Spurs youngsters.

lochhibs
17-07-2015, 09:32 PM
No worries! There is dross everywhere when it comes to rumours tbh! It's what to and not to believe.

I think Ronnie K hit the nail on the head when it came to them not being able to attract a couple of Spurs youngsters.
if they signed all the players they are linked with they'd maybe challenge us ;)
realistically though they're struggling to get players in.im not knocking unknowns but apart from wilson and halliday ive not heard of any the other players they've signed.its not what you'd expect from rangers.not with king the saviour coming in with £30m to spend anyway :p

Aldo
17-07-2015, 09:34 PM
if they signed all the players they are linked with they'd maybe challenge us ;) realistically though they're struggling to get players in.im not knocking unknowns but apart from wilson and halliday ive not heard of any the other players they've signed.its not what you'd expect from rangers.not with king the saviour coming in with £30m to spend anyway :p

Indeed. I am hoping they really struggle however we can assist in this by getting off to a flyer starting next week.

essexhibee
17-07-2015, 09:34 PM
Think he's going to Dundee Utd. Quite a big fee involved.

Is he even any good? Never stood out whenever I have seen him!

Ronniekirk
17-07-2015, 09:36 PM
if they signed all the players they are linked with they'd maybe challenge us ;)
realistically though they're struggling to get players in.im not knocking unknowns but apart from wilson and halliday ive not heard of any the other players they've signed.its not what you'd expect from rangers.not with king the saviour coming in with £30m to spend anyway :p

Tom English was critical of King not long after he took over when King confirmed he was now only putting in 10 million of his own money.although would wonder to date how much he has actually stumped up

lochhibs
17-07-2015, 09:43 PM
Tom English was critical of King not long after he took over when King confirmed he was now only putting in 10 million of his own money.although would wonder to date how much he has actually stumped up
was it not reported they were losing £750k a month when they had to get the loan from ashley?they got a lot of big earners off their books in the summer but havent replaced them yet.i heard a while ago that king doesnt have the dough he's making out he's got.theyve sold 30k ST but expected it to be much more.

The_Horde
17-07-2015, 09:44 PM
Got a mate who's an Orient fan. Says he's good for 5 minuted until he gets booked or injured.

Dunno what to make of that.

Ronniekirk
17-07-2015, 09:58 PM
Got a mate who's an Orient fan. Says he's good for 5 minuted until he gets booked or injured.

He was booked 6 times last season but played a fair number of games .any other non Hibs fan who has commented ,has commented positively .So would make too much of It ,let's wait and see how he gets on

Nutmegged
17-07-2015, 09:59 PM
Surely we wouldn't get mcgeouch on loan? Seems pointless Celtic extending the contract.

Hope we get kiss either signed or on loan

Its not really pointless, they'll pay him about £120k a year so if they offer hin a deal before his current contrsct runs out and he goes 5o England they can get about 300k for him in a tribunal, I think they also felt he would be worthwhile holding onto for bait for Ciftçi ot maybe even Scott Allan

tamig
17-07-2015, 10:01 PM

That was my thinking too. They're getting 100 grand bids knocked back for other players and suddenly bid a million for May. I can't see it tbh.

matty_f
17-07-2015, 10:01 PM

I think he means that he's not as good after he's been booked our after he's picked up an injury 5 minutes into a game.

Ronniekirk
17-07-2015, 10:08 PM
That was my thinking too. They're getting 100 grand bids knocked back for other players and suddenly bid a million for May. I can't see it tbh.

My source says they are interested in May but he is a realist and no way have they bid a million they just don't have that sort of money He couldn't even confirm they have sold over 30 000 season tickets but will be able to confirm total next Tuesday

bigwheel
17-07-2015, 10:35 PM

Give it up....it's boring now

B.H.F.C
17-07-2015, 10:40 PM
Scott Allan on the back page of The Sun again tomorrow. Dundee Utd to fight the Old Firm apparently. Hopefully another of their 'nothing' stories. It had went very quiet on him the last week or two.

Ronniekirk
17-07-2015, 10:49 PM
Scott Allan on the back page of The Sun again tomorrow. Dundee Utd to fight the Old Firm apparently. Hopefully another of their 'nothing' stories. It had went very quiet on him the last week or two.

Based on his performance against Berwick anyone watching him would of been impressed .But the player says he is happy to stay and the Club feel he is central to our promotion hopes ,so am sure there will be speculation and there may indeed be a bid or bids come in for him but think it's clear it's going to take an exceptional offer to prise him away from us .
I can't see us getting ambushed at the end of Tranasfer a Window so anyone wanting him will need to get serious soon and put their opening bid in S A himself will also need to want to move so am confident he will stay put

silverhibee
17-07-2015, 10:49 PM
Killen will be a good signing for Raith Rovers.

Waxy
17-07-2015, 10:56 PM
Its probably worth a one or two thousand pay cut to live in Edinburgh rather than Dundee or the weeg.

Diclonius
18-07-2015, 12:04 AM

Dundee Utd won't spend money and Hibs will not sell to them.

If Allan's going anywhere it's to Celtic and considering how near we are to the start of the season, only for a massively inflated price or as a part-exchange for McGeouch.

Ozyhibby
18-07-2015, 12:18 AM
Its not really pointless, they'll pay him about £120k a year so if they offer hin a deal before his current contrsct runs out and he goes 5o England they can get about 300k for him in a tribunal, I think they also felt he would be worthwhile holding onto for bait for Ciftçi ot maybe even Scott Allan

Tribunal won't happen if he moves cross border I think.

Matty_Jack04
18-07-2015, 05:01 AM

If Allan's going anywhere it's to Celtic and considering how near we are to the start of the season, only for a massively inflated price or as a part-exchange for McGeouch.

Was speaking to a guy in the gym last week who was certain this was the case no idea why he was so certain or which team was his but he thought January window would see Allan for mcgeouch seemed to think that johansen from Celtic would be sold down south once their out of Europe

Gmack7
18-07-2015, 07:14 AM
Is he even any good? Never stood out whenever I have seen him!

I've got a mate who's a buddies fan of 40 years who thinks Mcginn is far better than McLean and the sheepies paid £300k for him.
This has no bearing on him coming to us but he's highly rated

Craig_HFC
18-07-2015, 07:49 AM
Anybody remember who that Kiwi guy we got on loan from Raith Rovers was?

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

J-C
18-07-2015, 07:51 AM
Was speaking to a guy in the gym last week who was certain this was the case no idea why he was so certain or which team was his but he thought January window would see Allan for mcgeouch seemed to think that johansen from Celtic would be sold down south once their out of Europe

Celtic have a very good midfield ( Johansen, Brown, Rogic, Bitton, Armstrong ) and as good as Allan is, he wouldn't get a game infront of these guys at the moment, he'd be a bench warmer and not what he needs for his development right now.

Andy74
18-07-2015, 08:10 AM

No danger Hibs would sell to Dundee Utd. I think Celtic or down South would be the only deals that Hibs would consider.

B.H.F.C
18-07-2015, 08:12 AM
No danger Hibs would sell to Dundee Utd. I think Celtic or down South would be the only deals that Hibs would consider.

I don't think they would either. And I don't think he would go there either. Wouldn't be a good move for him.

GlasgowHibee
18-07-2015, 08:23 AM
If Dundee United offered over a million, would we consider it?

I can see them offering 1 million, especially with the transfer fees they have brought in.

Billy Whizz
18-07-2015, 08:24 AM

I can see them offering 1 million, especially with the transfer fees they have brought in.

If they offer 1 million, they need to give him the wages that a £1m player would get, and they won't do that

Del Boy
18-07-2015, 08:36 AM

Rather he went to Utd than Celtic

bigwheel
18-07-2015, 08:38 AM

I'd rather he went to neither..but as long as he gets us promoted, frankly he can choose to go wherever he wants next season

Unseen work
18-07-2015, 10:05 AM

I meant it would be pointless giving him a years extension to just loan him back to us

Hibs1992
18-07-2015, 10:21 AM

Blah blah blah

Give it a rest.

CRAZYHIBBY
18-07-2015, 11:47 AM
Dundee utd bore me.....

Diclonius
18-07-2015, 11:50 AM

If Hibernian F.C. sells their best player to Dundee ****ing United, we can just throw in the towel. That would be a complete embarrassment.

Thankfully, it will not happen.

Ringothedog
18-07-2015, 11:58 AM

The Orient fan who I don't know says he is a good signing as does Harvey the white rabbit. I will make a decision once I have seen him play as I do with all players we sign.

hibees 7062
18-07-2015, 12:00 PM
He won't go to United at any price

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-07-2015, 12:02 PM
Allan wouldn't want to go anywhere near DUFC again. Would be a terrible move for him.
Just because they've sold a few players recently it doesn't mean they will spend a million. Their chairman is as tight as Petrie. I don't remember us splashing a million quid on anyone after we sold the golden generation, and we sold them for a lot more than what DUFC have sold their boys for.

Jack
18-07-2015, 12:15 PM

As part of the Dundee Utd deal with their bank to clear their debt the bank receive a percentage of transfer fees.

I don't know how long that agreement lasted for but it could be Dundee United don't have that kind of money anymore.

Lago
18-07-2015, 12:46 PM

Make of it that it's sour grapes on his part.

Ozyhibby
18-07-2015, 12:49 PM
All this Dundee Utd chat is just generated by the papers in an attempt to get some movement on Allan. There is no way Hibs will sell to Dundee Utd or Sevco and it would take a ridiculous offer from Celtic.
It's an old tactic where they credit one team with an interest to get the old firm to make a move. Problem they have now is that Sevco are potless.

Andy74
18-07-2015, 01:01 PM
That Paul Watson signs for falkirk.

Billy Whizz
18-07-2015, 01:03 PM
Presume we're still in for Keith?

Nutmegged
18-07-2015, 02:34 PM
Tribunal won't happen if he moves cross border I think.

Are you sure? I thought Sheffield United agreed a fee with Hearts for Jason Holt that suited both so that didn't go to a tribunial although granted the mkve fell through

Matty_Jack04
18-07-2015, 02:36 PM
Celtic have a very good midfield ( Johansen, Brown, Rogic, Bitton, Armstrong ) and as good as Allan is, he wouldn't get a game infront of these guys at the moment, he'd be a bench warmer and not what he needs for his development right now.

I agree he wouldn't....but the scenario mentioned takes johansen out the picture, them banking a few million for him and signing Allan will keep the fans on side with getting one up on sevco at the expense of a player that probably won't feature at all for them

Nutmegged
18-07-2015, 02:41 PM
I meant it would be pointless giving him a years extension to just loan him back to us

My train of thought is McGeouch did well at Hibs but not well enough to make anyone want him enough to pay money for him, Celtic may think that anothwr good season will make potential suitors take notice....or, they may want him as a make weight in a move for Scott Allan...say the let McGeouch go and didn't extend his contract, they bid say £800,000 for Allan, we might be inclined to knock that back, if they bid £800,000 and McGeouch then it might actually make the deal sound better, all for the sake of paying Dylan two months more wages

J-C
18-07-2015, 04:36 PM
I agree he wouldn't....but the scenario mentioned takes johansen out the picture, them banking a few million for him and signing Allan will keep the fans on side with getting one up on sevco at the expense of a player that probably won't feature at all for them

This could be true but I wasn't looking as far ahead as January, I was thinking more about now.

drumatic44
18-07-2015, 05:10 PM
[QUOTE=matty_f;4414515]I think he means that he's not as good after he's been booked our after he's picked up an injury 5 minutes into a game.[/Hi troops this is my official ITK. team entry .re. Marvelous Marvin straight from his coach at the O's, " he is a big strong combative midfielder, he's a ball winner, really not the most technical but generally wins the ball and plays it simple."
So, there you have it, could we finally have our Matty Jack at last !!
Allez les vertes originales !!

emerald green
18-07-2015, 06:46 PM

Just the bit in bold. How do you know this? What are you basing that statement on?

Baldy Foghorn
18-07-2015, 06:53 PM
Just the bit in bold. How do you know this? What are you basing that statement on?

Indeed, they have money from Cifti transfer burning a hole in their wallet

Billy Whizz
18-07-2015, 06:55 PM

They make an £800,000 loss each season

carnoustiehibee
18-07-2015, 06:57 PM

No they don't

emerald green
18-07-2015, 07:24 PM
No they don't

Are you able to expand on your post? What has happened to the money Dundee Utd got for MacKay-Steven, Armstrong, and Ciftci? Did it all go to the bank to pay down debt? I've no idea.

Presumably reports in some newspapers that Stephen Thompson has given the go-ahead to McNanamara to put in a bid for Scott Allan (and others) is total nonsense? Or is it all designed to take the heat off himself, because the Arabs are unhappy about their best players being sold and their team being dismantled? Something supporters of Hibs have had to endure from time to time down through the years.

3pm
18-07-2015, 07:29 PM

Did you think we were going to spend when we sold Brown, Thommo, Whittaker and Patrick Noubisse?! :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
18-07-2015, 07:43 PM
Did you think we were going to spend when we sold Brown, Thommo, Whittaker and Patrick Noubisse?! :greengrin

Yes......

3pm
18-07-2015, 07:46 PM
Yes......

I suppose I did ask a closed question! :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
18-07-2015, 07:50 PM
I suppose I did ask a closed question! :greengrin

:cb

SonOfDavidFrancey
18-07-2015, 08:25 PM

One other imponderable is the fact that Celtic will be crapping themselves that Rangers end up staying down again this year.

Celtic getting Allan as you say will piss off Sevco - but it also weakens Hibs and makes it more likely that the weegie derby will return in 2016.... Which is probably worth half a mill in TV fees etc?

Call me paranoid.

Matty_Jack04
18-07-2015, 08:30 PM
One other imponderable is the fact that Celtic will be crapping themselves that Rangers end up staying down again this year.

Celtic getting Allan as you say will piss off Sevco - but it also weakens Hibs and makes it more likely that the weegie derby will return in 2016.... Which is probably worth half a mill in TV fees etc?

Call me paranoid.

It's a decent shout

jacomo
18-07-2015, 08:31 PM

Call me paranoid.

:agree:

Lawwell would probably loan a few players to Sevco to help them out if he thought he could get away with it.

Nutmegged
18-07-2015, 11:38 PM
:agree:

Lawwell would probably loan a few players to Sevco to help them out if he thought he could get away with it.

I don't for one minute believe that, Celtic are happy as it is, they may lose a few million per season domestically but they've basically got a free run at the Champions League every single year

Thecat23
19-07-2015, 07:10 AM

Yeah that should be done shortly Billy!

Keith_M
19-07-2015, 09:08 AM

This is the Showunmi brothers all over again.

ancient hibee
19-07-2015, 06:48 PM

Call me paranoid.

TV fees go to the league not the clubs.

Allan might fancy Dundee United as a quick route to Celtic.

Bostonhibby
19-07-2015, 06:55 PM
This is the Showunmi brothers all over again.

Triplets if I remember correctly, can't see any of them doing a job for us this time round either.

muzzando
21-07-2015, 07:11 AM
Heffernan not offered a deal at falkirk, now training with QoS

CallumLaidlaw
21-07-2015, 04:00 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/rangers-set-make-seventh-signing-6109846

Bostonhibby
21-07-2015, 04:04 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/rangers-set-make-seventh-signing-6109846
Must be a spoof ****** site. The real one would surely say Glasgow giants swoop for £10m rated starlet.

Thecat23
21-07-2015, 04:05 PM

Wonder if the price put us off him?

bill the hibby
21-07-2015, 04:13 PM
Looks like Rangers starting to put their money where their mouth is, starting to put together a team unfortunately

S4uzee
21-07-2015, 04:14 PM
Its hardly a lot of money tbh

3pm
21-07-2015, 04:15 PM

Doubt that mate. His salary more likely IMO.

andrew70
21-07-2015, 05:19 PM

Price we were quoted yes, the significantly lower price that Rangers are paying is pretty galling to be honest.

Cracking buy for them absolutely superb player.

Winston Ingram
21-07-2015, 06:17 PM

Very low fee for Hearts to accept for Holt. After the fee Sevco got for Telfer I'd have expected at least the same for Holt. Wonder what's going on there? #Hunlove

Lago
21-07-2015, 06:21 PM
Looks like Rangers starting to put their money where their mouth is, starting to put together a team unfortunately
My thoughts as well, decent players being signed.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-07-2015, 06:21 PM
Wee Blackie playing as a trialist for Berwick Rangers vs Haddington Athletic tonight. 😂😂😂😂😂

bill the hibby
21-07-2015, 06:23 PM

Their starting 11 looks strong tonight. Will be interesting to see how that game goes

Tyler Durden
21-07-2015, 06:29 PM

I would agree and crucially they are young and hungry types. No more Faures and Moshnis. Still look a bit short upfront but Waghorn is a good player.

However strong they are the games against Rangers will take care of themselves to an extent - it's relentless wins against the rest of the league that will get us promoted IMO

Lago
21-07-2015, 07:11 PM
I would agree and crucially they are young and hungry types. No more Faures and Moshnis. Still look a bit short upfront but Waghorn is a good player.

However strong they are the games against Rangers will take care of themselves to an extent - it's relentless wins against the rest of the league that will get us promoted IMO
Cant disagree with your assessment, but I am begining to worry about the number of potential 1st team players currently injured, Keatings, Boyle, Carmichael and Faruid for example. They must be miles behind on pre season training and with no match time how well will they intigrate into the team plan.

Eyrie
21-07-2015, 07:13 PM
Very low fee for Hearts to accept for Holt. After the fee Sevco got for Telfer I'd have expected at least the same for Holt. Wonder what's going on there? #Hunlove

What was the fee?

lochhibs
21-07-2015, 07:25 PM
What was the fee?
been reported £65k or £70k on a couple of sites.