PDA

View Full Version : Hibs transfer thread (Last Day Update - Anier / Feruz (both loan) in, None out)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

iainm1875
04-07-2015, 06:09 AM
Sascha Studer http://youtu.be/SG_QOiaWjgI

Not one for catching crosses I see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-C
04-07-2015, 07:49 AM
Sascha Studer http://youtu.be/SG_QOiaWjgI

Always very hard to tell with video clips but to me it looks like he's here to give competition to Oxley for the jersey, both of a similar age and game time experience, it's what we were wanting at Hibs, no guarantee of a place, you have to earn it.

Ronniekirk
04-07-2015, 08:14 AM
Always very hard to tell with video clips but to me it looks like he's here to give competition to Oxley for the jersey, both of a similar age and game time experience, it's what we were wanting at Hibs, no guarantee of a place, you have to earn it.

He is only on trial but if he is suspect at crosses don't think Stubbs will take a chance on him .As you say we need someone who can push the ox for first team place . Suddenly remembered Yogi s school of excellence for goalkeepers :confused:

Golden Bear
04-07-2015, 08:24 AM
As a Messageboard, we have very very high expectations of our goalkeepers. Heaven help them should any one ever make a single error of judgement, it just wouldn't wear well with the statisticians. In fact career reputations could be ruined forever.

Meanwhile, back in the real world.

Eyrie
04-07-2015, 08:51 AM
The key for me is that the keeper is both decisive and effective, whether he is catching or punching.

In the latter case, I expect good distance from his punches and teammates anticipating where the ball will go.

Ronniekirk
04-07-2015, 09:16 AM
As a Messageboard, we have very very high expectations of our goalkeepers. Heaven help them should any one ever make a single error of judgement, it just wouldn't wear well with the statisticians. In fact career reputations could be ruined forever.

Meanwhile, back in the real world.

I hear what you are saying ,but finances apart, I think Stubbs has shown he has good eye for a player ,and he has raised the bar in terms of quality of player he has brought in . So yep the expectations from fans are also higher. i trust Stubbs won't just bring squad players for the sake of it and if this young guy has obvious weaknesses that Stubbs doesn't think he can work with and improve am confident he won't sign him .
We saw that the last time we had Trialists most of them weren't signed ,and I am comfortable with that .So Mutch so I don't even watch the video clips of potential signings that get posted .
think we now need to be patient on signing front .if right player becomes available and we can afford him ,we know Stubbs has better chance of persuading that player to come to us than predecessors .
For a team in the Championship for second year in a row the standard of player we have is more than we could of expected I think .The challenge is to keep that standard up and with squad players that clearly becomes harder to do think we all accept that

Hibby Bairn
04-07-2015, 09:20 AM
It is too much to expect Hibs to bring through a young Scottish goalie from their academy? Really why is that so difficult?

O'Rourke3
04-07-2015, 09:29 AM
It is too much to expect Hibs to bring through a young Scottish goalie from their academy? Really why is that so difficult?

Hibs fans :dunno:

We have such a poor run of goalies and the fans are still fragile. They might not boo at the game but you know the score on here. While there will be examples how many clubs actually bring on their own keepers? The only example I can think of was Spotty at the piggery.

liamh2202
04-07-2015, 09:31 AM

Only if we have one good enough. The problem is its not just about ability. I know first hand that it all depends how height and physique develops. So you can either end up with a tall numpty or a technically brilliant keeper all the way through the system who just doesn't stretch enough to be able to handle the first team. I played for hibs and Scotland up to under 19 but when stepping up to reserves I wasnt tall or strong enough to compete with big center half's at corners etc.

Golden Bear
04-07-2015, 09:38 AM
Only if we have one good enough. The problem is its not just about ability. I know first hand that it all depends how height and physique develops. So you can either end up with a tall numpty or a technically brilliant keeper all the way through the system who just doesn't stretch enough to be able to handle the first team. I played for hibs and Scotland up to under 19 but when stepping up to reserves I wasnt tall or strong enough to compete with big center half's at corners etc.

Disappointing for you but at the same time you reached a level of football which most can only dream about.

Tom Hart RIP
04-07-2015, 09:55 AM

It's unbelievable but in almost 50 years watching Hibs we haven't brought through one regular keeper from the ranks. Strange statistic.

GreenOnions
04-07-2015, 09:59 AM
Not one for catching crosses I see.

I thought he looked quite effective and decisive with crosses in the video FWIW

BoomtownHibees
04-07-2015, 10:01 AM
It's unbelievable but in almost 50 years watching Hibs we haven't brought through one regular keeper from the ranks. Strange statistic.

Who has though? Craig Gordon is the obvious one but who else?

liamh2202
04-07-2015, 10:05 AM
Disappointing for you but at the same time you reached a level of football which most can only dream about.

Yeh I was only using my circumstance to try and show the point that a goalkeeper is probably the one position that you can't know who will make the step up until they actually get there. Like others have said apart from Craig Gordon I can't think of many keepers who have came through at a club and actually made it there. I think maybe sending our development keepers out on loan early is a good idea. See how they fair in the first or even second division

frazeHFC
04-07-2015, 10:22 AM

Allan McGregor

Although I agree very few when you try and think of any.

Spike Mandela
04-07-2015, 10:25 AM

Is it not the case that most goalies don't come in to their own until around 28 or older? It seems to me goalies spend a lot of time being understudies in the early part of their career with only the occasional game or two apart from one or two so exceptional that they keep their place.

Outfield players break in to the team young and if good enough can retain their place with their pace or youthful exuberance but you still have to be careful to avoid burnout.

jdships
04-07-2015, 10:37 AM
Remember having a chat with Alex Miller about fans attitudes towards players
He said something like -
" If C/H gives the ball away chances are another defender mops up - fans scream at him and forget about it
Goalkeeper drops the ball/ lets it thro' his legs and it's a goal with no one to stop his mistake
The guy gets booed every time he goes near the ball !!
Fans have always been hard on G/k's as a mistake by them is usually " fatal "
They have to be helped regularly as far as confidence is concerned "

tamig
04-07-2015, 10:37 AM
The key for me is that the keeper is both decisive and effective, whether he is catching or punching.

In the latter case, I expect good distance from his punches and teammates anticipating where the ball will go.

I think some examples in that clip demonstrate that his punching looks pretty sound.

Smartie
04-07-2015, 11:59 AM
Remember having a chat with Alex Miller about fans attitudes towards players
He said something like -
" If C/H gives the ball away chances are another defender mops up - fans scream at him and forget about it
Goalkeeper drops the ball/ lets it thro' his legs and it's a goal with no one to stop his mistake
The guy gets booed every time he goes near the ball !!
Fans have always been hard on G/k's as a mistake by them is usually " fatal "

For all of Alex Miller's faults he always had the goalkeeping position sorted.

erin go bragh
04-07-2015, 12:26 PM

David Marshal (Celtic)

GGTTH

Unseen work
04-07-2015, 12:45 PM

Craig Gordon
Alan Mcgregor
David Marshall
Jamie Mcdonald
Cammy Bell
Langfield

Danny Rogers at Aberdeen will be the next one imo, very good young goalkeeper recently went out on loan to falkirk. I was wanting us to sign him as his contract was up.

Granted however very few are produced in this league, and even less get a transfer to a better club.

liamh2202
04-07-2015, 12:48 PM
Craig Gordon
Alan Mcgregor
David Marshall
Jamie Mcdonald
Cammy Bell
Langfield

Danny Rogers at Aberdeen will be the next one imo, very good young goalkeeper recently went out on loan to falkirk. I was wanting us to sign him as his contract was up.

Granted however very few are produced in this league, and even less get a transfer to a better club.

Jaimie MacDonald was signed by hearts from musselburgh iirc don't think he came through the academy,

Just checked.. He signed for hearts as a full time player

Unseen work
04-07-2015, 12:56 PM
Jaimie MacDonald was signed by hearts from musselburgh iirc don't think he came through the academy,

Just checked.. He signed for hearts as a full time player

He signed when he was about 17/18, still a long way to go to get to the first team, and he never came from a big club down to hearts. I would class that as them producing him

liamh2202
04-07-2015, 01:03 PM
He signed when he was about 17/18, still a long way to go to get to the first team, and he never came from a big club down to hearts. I would class that as them producing him

Really .. If you sign at that age as a full time player you never touch the acadamy setup. I would say a boys club produced him and hearts scouted him .

Unseen work
04-07-2015, 01:30 PM
Really .. If you sign at that age as a full time player you never touch the acadamy setup. I would say a boys club produced him and hearts scouted him .

im not saying he was part of the academy. I dont know if he went straight into the first team but i would very much doubt it. Probably played at 19s then 21s before getting a chance in the first team. I am saying he would still of had a very long way to go to be first team ready, most teams punt there goalies as they turn about 19/20. According to the internet he was a hearts youth player for 4 years. It was upto hearts to develop him and make him ready for the first team and give him the oppertunity.

stokesmessiah
04-07-2015, 01:49 PM
Craig Gordon
Alan Mcgregor
David Marshall
Jamie Mcdonald
Cammy Bell
Langfield

Came through the ranks at Dundee i think?

hibees 7062
04-07-2015, 01:57 PM

He was at hertz when he was 13 . I tried to take him to Edina u/14s but he went there

Unseen work
04-07-2015, 01:58 PM

yeah thats right. Still produced a premiership level, first choice goalkeeper however

Unseen work
04-07-2015, 01:59 PM
He was at hertz when he was 13 . I tried to take him to Edina u/14s but he went there

Cheers, i was just going by a rough guess using wikipedia :greengrin 13 more than proves he was produced at hearts then

liamh2202
04-07-2015, 02:07 PM

He never played for hearts at that age., maybe just trained with them but definitely not in their pro youth setup as that is the age group I played and I never played against him until under 21s. I must admit I was just going with wiki for dates and that suggested 2003, I accept that can be unreliable though

carnoustiehibee
04-07-2015, 02:19 PM
Craig Gordon
Alan Mcgregor
David Marshall
Jamie Mcdonald
Cammy Bell
Langfield

Soapy Soutar at dundee an aw!

hibees 7062
04-07-2015, 02:37 PM
He never played for hearts at that age., maybe just trained with them but definitely not in their pro youth setup as that is the age group I played and I never played against him until under 21s. I must admit I was just going with wiki for dates and that suggested 2003, I accept that can be unreliable though

He played for hertz initiative team at u/14s

CentreLine
04-07-2015, 03:52 PM

He did. Played with my son there.

MWHIBBIES
04-07-2015, 04:53 PM
It is too much to expect Hibs to bring through a young Scottish goalie from their academy? Really why is that so difficult?On that logic why sign any players when we could just produce them? It is never that simple, gems like Craig Gordon come along very rarely.

Keith_M
04-07-2015, 05:04 PM
Maybe this thread should be renamed to, "Random Ramblings of Bored Football Fans"

:wink:

The_Exile
04-07-2015, 05:14 PM

Yup, a lot of the big European powerhouses have their own "goalkeeping" departments with therapists (yes, therapists), psychologists, sports science and motivational speakers. It's amazing when you look behind the scenes.

On an somewhat related note, every goalkeeper everywhere makes mistakes throughout the season, they are obviously more damaging than a striker losing possession halfway in the opposition half. The ones that don't make a lot of mistakes go for 50-60 million quid.

Lago
04-07-2015, 05:17 PM
Maybe this thread should be renamed to, "Random Ramblings of Bored Football Fans"

You just beat me to it, was going to ask someone to post any sort of Hibs transfer rumour to liven up the thread.:thumbsup:

Gmack7
04-07-2015, 05:27 PM
we need a breaking rumour

Stuarty27
04-07-2015, 05:28 PM
Will Vaulks signing on Monday is the rumour I heard

Billy Whizz
04-07-2015, 05:32 PM
Will Vaulks signing on Monday is the rumour I heard

He's under contract and would command a transfer fee

Stuarty27
04-07-2015, 05:37 PM
50k and 25% sell on fee is the deal

3pm
04-07-2015, 05:38 PM

Aye right.

Billy Whizz
04-07-2015, 05:44 PM

I'd be surprised if we paid a fee for anyone, let alone someone who's not likely to be a 1st pick

Heisenberg
04-07-2015, 05:50 PM
He was playing defensive midfield for Falkirk last season. No chance I can see us paying any transfer fees.

Unseen work
04-07-2015, 06:16 PM
I'd be surprised if we paid a fee for anyone, let alone someone who's not likely to be a 1st pick

I think vaulks would walk into our current team. Big strong player who is really good defensively as well as on the ball.

Would be a good signing. Excellent in the cup final

Billy Whizz
04-07-2015, 06:17 PM
I think vaulks would walk into our current team. Big strong player who is really good defensively as well as on the ball.

Would be a good signing. Excellent in the cup final

Thought he was a centre back, hence my comment

S4uzee
04-07-2015, 06:20 PM

He would be excellent for the holding role but there is no way Falkirk would sell him for 50K

KWJ
04-07-2015, 06:41 PM
Begged for a rumour, guy gives it and gets shot down :greengrin

Heard mutterings about To Madiera, Justin Georcelin and Cherno Samba. Don't think we need a striker though. :cb

Billy Whizz
04-07-2015, 06:51 PM
Begged for a rumour, guy gives it and gets shot down :greengrin

Heard mutterings about To Madiera, Justin Georcelin and Cherno Samba. Don't think we need a striker though. :cb

Hardly shot down, most of us agree that Hibs won't pay a transfer fee for someone under contract, unless someone like Stanton and Handling are going in the other direction, with James McDonaugh's involvement in there development

eastmainsmsh
04-07-2015, 07:41 PM

Plus handling?

Stuarty27
04-07-2015, 07:55 PM
To be fair I made up the cost of the deal, but was told yesterday from a boy at my work who has connections at Falkirk and apparently Stubbsy has been after him all summer.

Bostonhibby
04-07-2015, 08:06 PM

Agree, until we know we are actually signing someone we should lock the thread down until after the pubs close.

Ozyhibby
04-07-2015, 08:07 PM
To be fair I made up the cost of the deal, but was told yesterday from a boy at my work who has connections at Falkirk and apparently Stubbsy has been after him all summer.

Don't know the truth in the rumour but he would be a good signing.
We are not known for paying fees but if we were to then this is the type of player it's worth paying a small fee for.
He's young, an established first team footballer and has been getting rave reviews. Definite sell on opportunity.

Lee Marvin
04-07-2015, 08:22 PM

Sounds like a stick on....

Ronniekirk
04-07-2015, 08:32 PM
Hardly shot down, most of us agree that Hibs won't pay a transfer fee for someone under contract, unless someone like Stanton and Handling are going in the other direction, with James McDonaugh's involvement in there development
You could be onto something billy with the idea of one of our younger players going in the other direction

sleeping giant
04-07-2015, 08:37 PM

:faf:
You made up part of the story but expect us to believe the rest ?
Good grief.
Bored mate ?

Stuarty27
04-07-2015, 08:42 PM
:faf:
You made up part of the story but expect us to believe the rest ?
Good grief.
Bored mate ?

You need to get a life mate

BroxburnHibee
04-07-2015, 08:48 PM

And you need to stop winding up fellow Hibs fans by making stuff up.

sleeping giant
04-07-2015, 08:50 PM

Do I indeed ?
Why is that may I ask ?

Mr White
04-07-2015, 08:56 PM
Do I indeed ?
Why is that may I ask ?

Cos it's nearly 10pm on a saturday night and you're responding to someone who just admitted to posting a made up rumour :devil:

E10 Rifle
04-07-2015, 09:01 PM
In the social sciences, a rumor involves some kind of a statement whose veracity is not quickly or ever confirmed. In addition, some scholars have identified rumor as a subset of propaganda.

It is what it is - someone asked for a rumor - that's what they got. Let it be.

Stuarty27
04-07-2015, 09:03 PM
Few nibbles the night.

Ps read the top line (lasgo) before jumping in with two feet

Iggy Pope
04-07-2015, 09:05 PM
And you need to stop winding up fellow Hibs fans by making stuff up.

To be fair, he admitted making it up. A few on here get a lot of respect for this practice without owning up to it.

E10 Rifle
04-07-2015, 09:08 PM
To be fair, he admitted making it up. A few on here get a lot of respect for this practice without owning up to it.

Correct. Some even start their own social media channels :stirrer:

FranckSuzy
04-07-2015, 09:21 PM
Cos it's nearly 10pm on a saturday night and you're responding to someone who just admitted to posting a made up rumour :devil:

Yeah, but he didn't start by saying "breaking rumour" :tee hee:

Unseen work
04-07-2015, 09:26 PM
This thread is becoming a bit of a joke

Lago
04-07-2015, 09:45 PM
:top marks

SteveHFC
04-07-2015, 09:48 PM

Hearing this thread is becoming a bit of a joke will be announced on Tuesday. The player can play everywhere :hyper

Unseen work
04-07-2015, 10:38 PM
Hearing this thread is becoming a bit of a joke will be announced on Tuesday. The player can play everywhere :hyper

Heard the same mate. Very reliable source too.

Thecat23
04-07-2015, 10:40 PM

Who?

BIGK
04-07-2015, 10:41 PM

100% spot on. who the f*** cares about when Hearts signed a player and from whom. have we signed a midfielder yet?

marinello59
04-07-2015, 10:45 PM

If you want to make any more stuff up then can you please go and do it somewhere else.

Northernhibee
04-07-2015, 10:51 PM

Haymaker
04-07-2015, 10:57 PM

:hyper

GreenOnions
04-07-2015, 11:31 PM
Don't know the truth in the rumour but he would be a good signing.
We are not known for paying fees but if we were to then this is the type of player it's worth paying a small fee for.
He's young, an established first team footballer and has been getting rave reviews. Definite sell on opportunity.

This is generally true. The only exception we make is where it would clearly be ludicrous for us to pay a fee. Recent example being with Michael Nelson where we should have received compensation from the selling club.

7 Up
05-07-2015, 12:46 AM

We all desperately need some actual transfer news. C'mon Hibs! :agree:

Ronniekirk
05-07-2015, 08:01 AM
We all desperately need some actual transfer news. C'mon Hibs! :agree:
There is plenty time left yet .and are the team not away abroad as part of pre season and running the rule over Trialists .
We are still in a better position than other teams in the Championship, and while I think Stubbs would like to have added a quality Midfielder by now ,that apart, he is probably on track Re where he thought he would be .We just need to be Patient now ,other signings will be made in due course.
In the meantime and in absence of ITK posters giving us what they have heard or been told ,others are filling the void to keep the thread going .nae harm done ,gives us something to post about till the real Transfer comes along .

Pedantic_Hibee
05-07-2015, 09:16 AM
*enters thread*

*exits thread inmediately*

Keith_M
05-07-2015, 09:56 AM

Fake.

Ronster117
05-07-2015, 10:36 AM
Fake.....................had me going.... I thought benny brasil was resigning :flag:

Aldo
05-07-2015, 10:48 AM
Fake.

You sure!! :-)

HibbyAndy
05-07-2015, 10:49 AM
Fake.

really ?

DH1875
05-07-2015, 11:28 AM
This is generally true. The only exception we make is where it would clearly be ludicrous for us to pay a fee. Recent example being with Michael Nelson where we should have received compensation from the selling club.

Where did he end up? Reason I'm asking is because, did we not get a fee for him? Now that's crazy.

Northern Hibby
05-07-2015, 11:28 AM

It's s close/silly season thread it's always gonna decend intimate chaos!

Unseen work
05-07-2015, 11:30 AM
Speaking to a friend of vaulks who said he heard hibs and Rangers were interested in him. Nothing more so far

Haymaker
05-07-2015, 11:33 AM
Where did he end up? Reason I'm asking is because, did we not get a fee for him? Now that's crazy.

Cambridge united? Did he not play against Man Utd last season?

My_Wife_Camille
05-07-2015, 11:38 AM
Fake.

Wheat Hound
05-07-2015, 11:41 AM
My source at the ERI has just spotted Stubbsy and Petrie together there. Possibly overseeing a medical for a new player? Or maybe just a tachectomy?!

bill the hibby
05-07-2015, 11:44 AM
My source at the ERI has just spotted Stubbsy and Petrie together there. Possibly overseeing a medical for a new player? Or maybe just a tachectomy?!

Hahaha tachectomy.

GreenArmyyy!
05-07-2015, 12:00 PM
Cambridge united? Did he not play against Man Utd last season?

Yes and held them to a 0-0 draw.

Just Alf
05-07-2015, 12:04 PM
Fake.

Totally looks like East Mains to me..... ?????

hibby67
05-07-2015, 12:05 PM

A Scotsman Englishman and Irishman walk into a bar the barman says..............

that's a bit of a joke :greengrin

Ozyhibby
05-07-2015, 12:22 PM

No chance, Petrie's not involved anymore.

Bearders
05-07-2015, 12:29 PM
No chance, Petrie's not involved anymore.

When you find the reasoning behind their joint visit you will realise why we are the "Hibernian family".

GreenOnions
05-07-2015, 12:34 PM

He went to Cambridge Utd in League 2 for last season. I don't think they've renewed his deal for this coming season. Although it would have been hilarious if we'd received a fee for him unfortunately we didn't. We actually came to an agreement with Nelson (paid him) to terminate his contract early.

Ozyhibby
05-07-2015, 12:46 PM
When you find the reasoning behind their joint visit you will realise why we are the "Hibernian family".

Posts like that are going to trigger wild speculation.

flash
05-07-2015, 12:57 PM
Posts like that are going to trigger wild speculation.

More likely they are there doing something worthy.

Ozyhibby
05-07-2015, 01:09 PM
More likely they are there doing something worthy.

That's how it starts, a bit of mild speculation.

flash
05-07-2015, 01:10 PM
Am sure they aren't there to sign anybody.

Lago
05-07-2015, 01:51 PM
Would the ITK's come out of their huff and start posting on here again, please, pretty please.:agree:

Keith_M
05-07-2015, 01:55 PM
Fake.

You sure!! :-)

really ?

Not 100% but I'll risk it.

You see, HE gets it

Hibstrooper
05-07-2015, 02:17 PM
Hibs are playing Wigan on Friday, closed doors

GreenArmyyy!
05-07-2015, 02:41 PM
Squad flying out to La Manga as we speak.

theonlywayisup
05-07-2015, 02:47 PM
Squad flying out to La Manga as we speak.

Hope they are back before Friday!

southern hibby
05-07-2015, 03:06 PM
Hibs are playing Wigan on Friday, closed doors

Thought the game was on Saturday, can I ask how you know games Friday?

GGTTH

Ronniekirk
05-07-2015, 03:12 PM
On Arran and the Eclipse has dropped Anchor off Lochranza . Lots of activity and comings and goings . Roman seems to be enjoying his stay in Scotaland so wonder if he will be tempted to think of Investing in a Scottish Club . Take it there hasn't been a large take up of hibsb shares in the last few days !!!!!!! :rolleyes: :fishin: Probably just doing a spot of fishing and visiting the Distillary .

Not a Nautical person myself ,but his Launch is an impressive piece of kit .

Andy74
05-07-2015, 03:17 PM
Have to say I expected a bit more activity by now. Two new players with the numbers we have lost is behind where I thought we would be.

Not a criticism of the guys in place and more a defence of previous regimes but despite all the new scouting set up and talk of getting our targets in early it still seems that it's not as easy as all that.

J-C
05-07-2015, 03:22 PM
Have to say I expected a bit more activity by now. Two new players with the numbers we have lost is behind where I thought we would be.

Not a criticism of the guys in place and more a defence of previous regimes but despite all the new scouting set up and talk of getting our targets in early it still seems that it's not as easy as all that.

Not miles behind Andy, remember the re signing of a few players were vitally important, as much as new ones are. Getting these done and keeping nearly all the squad from last year was essential for us and gives us the gelled team early doors which we needed last season. The English league teams have just done their cull and a lot of players will become available as of now, it's all about getting in players who capable and also ones who will gel with the rest of the team.

Andy74
05-07-2015, 03:29 PM
Not miles behind Andy, remember the re signing of a few players were vitally important, as much as new ones are. Getting these done and keeping nearly all the squad from last year was essential for us and gives us the gelled team early doors which we needed last season. The English league teams have just done their cull and a lot of players will become available as of now, it's all about getting in players who capable and also ones who will gel with the rest of the team.

I get that although getting players re signed gets us some way closer to where we ended the season I had expected us to be in better shape at the start of this one that at the end of the last. We are still a fair bit off that.

The chat was that this year was going to be different and the new regime was much better than the previous ones at getting a squad together early for preseason.

We are in much better shape than this time last year but I'm thinking more from the end of the last to where we are now. We didn't get promoted last year and we ended the season with a better squad than we have now. Im sure it will come but I had expected the last couple of weeks to be busier with new players. Like all previous years we seem to be on to the trialist and seeing what happens with English squads stage before we know it.

J-C
05-07-2015, 03:41 PM
I get that although getting players re signed gets us some way closer to where we ended the season I had expected us to be in better shape at the start of this one that at the end of the last. We are still a fair bit off that.

The chat was that this year was going to be different and the new regime was much better than the previous ones at getting a squad together early for preseason.

We are in much better shape than this time last year but I'm thinking more from the end of the last to where we are now. We didn't get promoted last year and we ended the season with a better squad than we have now. Im sure it will come but I had expected the last couple of weeks to be busier with new players. Like all previous years we seem to be on to the trialist and seeing what happens with English squads stage before we know it.

We're short 3 midfielders, one a captain who should've been punted when we got relegated, same goes for Robertson who is decent but just that, a half decent player who are ten a penny, McGeouch is a good player but injury prone and only played around 22 games last season.

We need cover for both wingbacks, Crane may be used as cover on the left and Dunsmore on the right but we still need 2 for the midfield, a DM and a box2box with bags of energy, we still don't know the script with Handling/Stanton/Harris.

bill the hibby
05-07-2015, 03:53 PM
Fans news on facebook reckon two Spanish players are having a trial with us over in la manga

BT58
05-07-2015, 04:09 PM
Got text from my nephew
Rhys MacCabe has signed. This may or not be true. Im in Spain. My nephew said he spoke to him and he confirmed it.RMcC is his mate

jacomo
05-07-2015, 04:09 PM

I suppose we are still in the Scottish 2nd tier, numbers are tight, and maybe we are struggling to secure some of our top targets on the money we can offer? Maybe we are looking to move a couple of players on first?

HibbyAndy
05-07-2015, 04:11 PM
Fans news on facebook reckon two Spanish players are having a trial with us over in la manga

Just saw that, If this is true then i'l be listening to his page more often as it's not reported anywhere else !

Maybe he really is in the know .

HibbyAndy
05-07-2015, 04:12 PM
Got text from my nephew
Rhys MacCabe has signed. This may or not be true. Im in Spain. My nephew said he spoke to him and he confirmed it.RMcC is his mate

Who is he ?

Ozyhibby
05-07-2015, 04:15 PM
Who is he ?

His sisters son? ;-)

HibbyAndy
05-07-2015, 04:16 PM
His sisters son? ;-)

Or his brothers Laddie :greengrin

Ronniekirk
05-07-2015, 04:19 PM
Just saw that, If this is true then i'l be listening to his page more often as it's not reported anywhere else !

If we had been in Turkey on pre season ,it would have said two Turkish players on Trial with us .not saying there is nothing in it and the trip could of been planned with that specifically not mind ,but it is an easy rumour to punt ,so let's see if any tabloids run with same story during the week

brog
05-07-2015, 04:24 PM
We are in much better shape than this time last year but I'm thinking more from the end of the last to where we are now. We didn't get promoted last year and we ended the season with a better squad than we have now. Im sure it will come but I had expected the last couple of weeks to be busier with new players. Like all previous years we seem to be on to the trialist and seeing what happens with English squads stage before we know it.[/QUOTE]

You've been saying this for weeks now but repeating it continually doesn't make it true. Here's what we've done so far.
1. Signed 2 completely new players, Carmichael & Keatings, concensus seems positive on those.
2. Signed 2 players, Boyle & Oxley on contract who were previously on loan. Again concensus positive.
3. Signed 1 player on 2 year contract, Fyvie, previously on 4 month deal & originally not really expected to stay with us.
4. Persuaded our out of contract Liam Fontaine to sign a new 2 year deal.
5. Given extended deals to Gray & Stevenson.
That's 8 major deals & by any measure that's outstanding business which was concluded early giving us the spine of our team in place. That in no way is " Like All Previous Years ". I can't think of one club in Scotland who's done more ( & better business ) in the transfer window to date than Hibs. IMO we'll sign 3 more players & may bring in a couple on loan near the end of the window.

bingo70
05-07-2015, 04:29 PM

Educated guess imo.

JimBHibees
05-07-2015, 04:38 PM
Who is he ?

Ex sevco then at Sheffield Wed and Portsmouth. Decent defensive midfielder talented and his journey pretty similar to Scott Allan. Comes from Polbeth just outside livingston.

HibbyAndy
05-07-2015, 04:44 PM
Ex sevco then at Sheffield Wed and Portsmouth. Decent defensive midfielder talented and his journey pretty similar to Scott Allan. Comes from Polbeth just outside livingston.

:aok:

I once played 9 holes at Polbeth , Balbardie :greengrin

Theinsider
05-07-2015, 04:51 PM
Live outside near la manga and have been invited to attend a training session as we couldn't make it last time to were out due to kids at schools and their own footy training etc. will be keeper big a close eye out for you guys when I am there.

BT58
05-07-2015, 05:06 PM
Live outside near la manga and have been invited to attend a training session as we couldn't make it last time to were out due to kids at schools and their own footy training etc. will be keeper big a close eye out for you guys when I am there.

Is La manga close to Benalmadena ???
Im looking for a wee day trip. Done Barca. Seeing the hibs train would be good to give them encouragement.
Booooooo.
Lol

Theinsider
05-07-2015, 05:12 PM
Is La manga close to Benalmadena ???
Im looking for a wee day trip. Done Barca. Seeing the hibs train would be good to give them encouragement.
Booooooo.
Lol

Will take about4 hours mate.

cabbageandribs1875
05-07-2015, 05:21 PM
:aok:

I once played 9 holes at Polbeth , Balbardie :greengrin

Balbardie 9 hole is in Bathgate...approx 8 miles from Polbeth, only several streets in polbeth...and two boozers and a church, and a petrol station

HibbyAndy
05-07-2015, 05:27 PM
Balbardie 9 hole is in Bathgate...approx 8 miles from Polbeth, only several streets in polbeth...and two boozers and a church, and a petrol station

That's right :thumbsup:

ancient hibee
05-07-2015, 05:29 PM
You've been saying this for weeks now but repeating it continually doesn't make it true. Here's what we've done so far.
1. Signed 2 completely new players, Carmichael & Keatings, concensus seems positive on those.
2. Signed 2 players, Boyle & Oxley on contract who were previously on loan. Again concensus positive.
3. Signed 1 player on 2 year contract, Fyvie, previously on 4 month deal & originally not really expected to stay with us.
That's 8 major deals & by any measure that's outstanding business which was concluded early giving us the spine of our team in place. That in no way is " Like All Previous Years ". I can't think of one club in Scotland who's done more ( & better business ) in the transfer window to date than Hibs. IMO we'll sign 3 more players & may bring in a couple on loan near the end of the window.[/QUOTE]

Nail hit firmly on head.

JimBHibees
05-07-2015, 05:30 PM
That's right :thumbsup:

A bit wild off the tee. :greengrin

E10 Rifle
05-07-2015, 05:44 PM
If we had been in Turkey on pre season ,it would have said two Turkish players on Trial with us .not saying there is nothing in it and the trip could of been planned with that specifically not mind ,but it is an easy rumour to punt ,so let's see if any tabloids run with same story during the week

Going by this it's just as well our pre-season isn't in Micronesia then http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/05/fiji-hammer-micronesia-38-0-in-record-international-win-at-pacific-games

Hamish
05-07-2015, 05:49 PM
Or his brothers Laddie :greengrin

Apparently Bob's his uncle

HibbyAndy
05-07-2015, 06:01 PM
A bit wild off the tee. :greengrin

It has been known my driving isn't the best :greengrin

Apparently Bob's his uncle

:not worth:top marks

tamig
05-07-2015, 06:33 PM

Previous regimes didn't have the unenviable task of trying to sell the Scottish Championship to potential recruits. This is unprecedented territory we are in - two seasons in the second tier. I'm very happy with the business so far - especially the guys we've managed to retain. A long way from panic stations yet.

tamig
05-07-2015, 06:40 PM
That's 8 major deals & by any measure that's outstanding business which was concluded early giving us the spine of our team in place. That in no way is " Like All Previous Years ". I can't think of one club in Scotland who's done more ( & better business ) in the transfer window to date than Hibs. IMO we'll sign 3 more players & may bring in a couple on loan near the end of the window.

Absolutely spot on.

jdships
05-07-2015, 07:08 PM

Nail hit firmly on head.[/QUOTE]

:agree::thumbsup::top marks

Andy74
05-07-2015, 07:18 PM

That's 8 major deals & by any measure that's outstanding business which was concluded early giving us the spine of our team in place. That in no way is " Like All Previous Years ". I can't think of one club in Scotland who's done more ( & better business ) in the transfer window to date than Hibs. IMO we'll sign 3 more players & may bring in a couple on loan near the end of the window.[/QUOTE]

Extended deals and loans to permanent deals are great news.

Doesn't change anything about still being short of the end of last season though does it?

I'm sure it will come but the fact is we are still short of where we ended last year. That's all.

brog
05-07-2015, 08:07 PM
[/B]

Doesn't change anything about still being short of the end of last season though does it?

I'm sure it will come but the fact is we are still short of where we ended last year. That's all.[/QUOTE]

Your definition of "short" appears to be based only on quantity & not on quality. By that reckoning if we promote 6 players from the Development Squad we'll have more players than before & you'll be happy, right? The fact is no Hibs player who we wanted to retain has left ER. One loan player, DM, who I assume we would like to sign remains for now at his parent club. Conversely we targeted & signed 4 players. So 4 players we wanted in, 1 loan player we wanted out. That IMO does not make us short of where we ended last year but regardless we both know we'll have at least another 3 in & possibly more if other unwanted players are moved on.

Andy74
05-07-2015, 08:50 PM

I'm sure it will come but the fact is we are still short of where we ended last year. That's all.

Your definition of "short" appears to be based only on quantity & not on quality. By that reckoning if we promote 6 players from the Development Squad we'll have more players than before & you'll be happy, right? The fact is no Hibs player who we wanted to retain has left ER. One loan player, DM, who I assume we would like to sign remains for now at his parent club. Conversely we targeted & signed 4 players. So 4 players we wanted in, 1 loan player we wanted out. That IMO does not make us short of where we ended last year but regardless we both know we'll have at least another 3 in & possibly more if other unwanted players are moved on.[/QUOTE]

Either way unless players we currently had hiding are better quality than those that left we are short on both.

We are short a keeper, a defender who played when fit, and two midfielders who played when fit.

I'm not bothered about who was loans or whatever. We've lost several players and added two. It can't be argued that we are currently short of where we were.

Hopefully we will address it but I'd hoped for a bit more on the new player front so far.

higgy0418
05-07-2015, 09:10 PM
Either way unless players we currently had hiding are better quality than those that left we are short on both.

We are short a keeper, a defender who played when fit, and two midfielders who played when fit.

I'm not bothered about who was loans or whatever. We've lost several players and added two. It can't be argued that we are currently short of where we were.

Hopefully we will address it but I'd hoped for a bit more on the new player front so far.

This is the first year in i dont know how long since we havent had 10+ players going out of contract and we have wanted to get rid of pretty much all of them. i think youve maybe forgotten how much of a benefit to the squad is that there is consistancy in the 11. i think these 2 seasons is pretty much where were going to see a similar 11 with only 2 or 3 additions where stubbs thought was needed. personally i think thats how close we are to getting that top spot

Ronniekirk
05-07-2015, 09:23 PM
Going by this it's just as well our pre-season isn't in Micronesia then http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/05/fiji-hammer-micronesia-38-0-in-record-international-win-at-pacific-games

38. Nil and they can still look on the bright side :rolleyes:

scoopyboy
05-07-2015, 09:36 PM
Your definition of "short" appears to be based only on quantity & not on quality. By that reckoning if we promote 6 players from the Development Squad we'll have more players than before & you'll be happy, right? The fact is no Hibs player who we wanted to retain has left ER. One loan player, DM, who I assume we would like to sign remains for now at his parent club. Conversely we targeted & signed 4 players. So 4 players we wanted in, 1 loan player we wanted out. That IMO does not make us short of where we ended last year but regardless we both know we'll have at least another 3 in & possibly more if other unwanted players are moved on.

Hopefully we will address it but I'd hoped for a bit more on the new player front so far.[/QUOTE]

Andy, I've heard in the past from players, coaches, managers, agents etc that football players all think they're better than they actually are.

A lot of players therefore are reluctant to sign early as they feel something better will crop up shortly.

That happens to the better ones but a lot are left hanging as time marches on and eventually they have take it or leave it offers as clubs budgets get used up.

I'm not saying this is the case with us but it might be.

Players may have been hedging their bets but won't for much longer, I would expect to see signings pick up all over the country very shortly.

Eyrie
05-07-2015, 10:19 PM

It's a safe bet that we will sign a back up keeper.

However Keith Watson didn't play when he was fit but only when Gray or Forster weren't, so he's not a major loss given that Dunsmore is expected to step up.

The two midfielders contributed about one season between them due to McGeouch's injuries and Craig being a back up. Instead we now have Fyvie for the full year and Martin ready to step in.

I think we will add another keeper, CH (Paul Watson) and a midfielder (McCabe?) but am willing to be patient whilst Stubbs finds the right players to improve the squad rather than scrambling to simply find lukewarm bodies to fill gaps in the starting eleven.

jacomo
05-07-2015, 10:32 PM

However Keith Watson didn't play when he was fit but only when Gray or Forster weren't, so he's not a major loss given that Dunsmore is expected to step up.

The two midfielders contributed about one season between them due to McGeouch's injuries and Craig being a back up. Instead we now have Fyvie for the full year and Martin ready to step in.

I think we will add another keeper, CH (Paul Watson) and a midfielder (McCabe?) but am willing to be patient whilst Stubbs finds the right players to improve the squad rather than scrambling to simply find lukewarm bodies to fill gaps in the starting eleven.

The reality of our situation is that often we have to wait for other clubs to move before we can. Just how it is. Lots of good work done, but a bit more to go.

3 more would be great.

Mikey09
05-07-2015, 10:33 PM

This should be advice taken on board by every hibs fan...

bill the hibby
05-07-2015, 11:11 PM
Keith Watson has flew out with the squad to la manga...also supposedly interested in reguero.

CallumLaidlaw
05-07-2015, 11:16 PM
http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/hibs-target-antonio-reguero-and-keith-watson-1-3822271?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

J-C
05-07-2015, 11:37 PM
http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/hibs-target-antonio-reguero-and-keith-watson-1-3822271?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

Would be very surprised if Keith Watson was a target, injury prone and I couldn't see him wanting to come here to act as back up to Gray, more likely they've got the names mixed up and it's Paul Watson who's over there training as he was one being mentioned as a possible target.

Ozyhibby
05-07-2015, 11:52 PM
If the plan is to have a first pick, a back up and a youth player for each position, can anyone fill in the blanks below?

Oxley

Stevenson

Hanlon

Fontaine / Forster

Gray

Allan/Stanton

Carmichael/ Harris

Boyle / Handling

Fyvie / Martin

Malonga/ Farid

Cummings / Keatings

Should help see where the club intend to strengthen.

IanM
06-07-2015, 05:19 AM
Would be very surprised if Keith Watson was a target, injury prone and I couldn't see him wanting to come here to act as back up to Gray, more likely they've got the names mixed up and it's Paul Watson who's over there training as he was one being mentioned as a possible target.

According to some he's close to signing a 2 year deal, depending on la manga. I think he's better than he's shown at Hibs. does have to prove himself but that first 6 months will have helped and if he signs hopefully he'll prove he's better than he's been.

We need cover and I expect him to be fighting for his place

AlbertK86
06-07-2015, 07:12 AM
Got text from my nephew Rhys MacCabe has signed. This may or not be true. Im in Spain. My nephew said he spoke to him and he confirmed it.RMcC is his mate

McCabe on tro at St Johnstone according to the Sun

CallumLaidlaw
06-07-2015, 07:13 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/06/864f0f13daa03570c1f901c3c4adf30b.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/06/caa6a3d47b0c5e428a0394d378b16032.jpg

Aldo
06-07-2015, 07:19 AM
Are they twins?? ;-)

J-C
06-07-2015, 07:53 AM
According to some he's close to signing a 2 year deal, depending on la manga. I think he's better than he's shown at Hibs. does have to prove himself but that first 6 months will have helped and if he signs hopefully he'll prove he's better than he's been.

We need cover and I expect him to be fighting for his place

Still surprised tbh, I just can't see him wanting to come as a back up, I thought he was better than that, he would definitely start elsewhere.

CRAZYHIBBY
06-07-2015, 08:11 AM
We should be looking for another striker as farid looks quite injury prone

J-C
06-07-2015, 08:15 AM

We have enough cover there, Cummings, Malonga, Keetings, Lewis Allan and even Boyle at a push, other areas are more important right now

California-Hibs
06-07-2015, 08:18 AM
No chance should we be looking at a striker, we have plenty cover there. Centre midfielder maybe x2, left back and another keeper is what I think we'll be looking at

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-07-2015, 08:42 AM

The big man randomly popped into my wedding last weekend as his current girlfriend is lead singer of the band I had booked. Had a chat with him and he said he's feeling great, very fit and is raring to go for the new season.

number9dream
06-07-2015, 08:53 AM

We're taking a Spanish trialist with us to La Manga? I was hoping Stubbs would be looking at a couple of lads released by Valencia, Real Betis etc...😙 not sure Reguero would put much pressure on Ox.

jacomo
06-07-2015, 09:19 AM
The big man randomly popped into my wedding last weekend as his current girlfriend is lead singer of the band I had booked. Had a chat with him and he said he's feeling great, very fit and is raring to go for the new season.

Lovely! Nice surprise guest. Hope you had a great day.

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-07-2015, 09:26 AM
Lovely! Nice surprise guest. Hope you had a great day.

Cheers buddy, was a great and very random surprise. He wasn't there long but managed to get a good chat with him and our official photographer was still there at the time so he got a few photos of us for the album [emoji106]

Diclonius
06-07-2015, 09:50 AM

This.

There has been a massive change in attitude in regards to transfers compared to the last few seasons.

GreenArmyyy!
06-07-2015, 10:24 AM

Christ that can't have been a bad wedding present?!

AlbertK86
06-07-2015, 10:26 AM

Dundee journalist tweeted that one of the familiar faces he met at airport was Leith Watson who was going to hibs training camp

GreenArmyyy!
06-07-2015, 10:27 AM
Leith Watson? What a coincidence!

Dombie
06-07-2015, 10:36 AM
Reguero signed til the end of the season. On official Hibs Twitter.

cabbageandribs1875
06-07-2015, 10:38 AM
Leith Watson? What a coincidence!

the sunshine on keith

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-07-2015, 10:39 AM
Christ that can't have been a bad wedding present?!

My old man came over and said that El Alagui was in the hall chatting to the band and I obviously thought he was on the wind up, then a couple of my mates asked if I had invited him haha so I realised that he must have actually been there. I had requested 500 miles and Sunshine on Leith as our last two songs(before Loch Lomond) so she announced them at the end and had a wee shout out to Hibs and we all started singing 'El Alagui' at her. She was pishing herself as she was trying to sing haha. He was long gone by this point but was funny nonetheless.

I know there's been plenty pics of him in the press over the years with pretty women in toe but I can safely say the big man has excelled himself this time. She is an absolute worldy. My mates were obsessed with her all evening. Even my new wife was like 'wow' haha. Some set of pipes on her as well, amazing singer.

Tha Cabbage Kid
06-07-2015, 10:40 AM
Reguero joins!!!!!:flag::flag:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5534

cloudy
06-07-2015, 10:56 AM
My old man came over and said that El Alagui was in the hall chatting to the band and I obviously thought he was on the wind up, then a couple of my mates asked if I had invited him haha so I realised that he must have actually been there. I had requested 500 miles and Sunshine on Leith as our last two songs(before Loch Lomond) so she announced them at the end and had a wee shout out to Hibs and we all started singing 'El Alagui' at her. She was pishing herself as she was trying to sing haha. He was long gone by this point but was funny nonetheless.

I know there's been plenty pics of him in the press over the years with pretty women in toe but I can safely say the big man has excelled himself this time. She is an absolute worldy. My mates were obsessed with her all evening. Even my new wife was like 'wow' haha. Some set of pipes on her as well, amazing singer.are you a school teacher by any chance?

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-07-2015, 10:59 AM
Yup [emoji4]

WeeRussell
06-07-2015, 11:08 AM
Cheers buddy, was a great and very random surprise. He wasn't there long but managed to get a good chat with him and our official photographer was still there at the time so he got a few photos of us for the album [emoji106]

Nice one - I've met both him and his girlfriend before too, both seemed very nice and genuine people.

Hibs fans too.

Congratulations on the wedding. :aok:

Ozyhibby
06-07-2015, 11:08 AM

I know there's been plenty pics of him in the press over the years with pretty women in toe but I can safely say the big man has excelled himself this time. She is an absolute worldy. My mates were obsessed with her all evening. Even my new wife was like 'wow' haha. Some set of pipes on her as well, amazing singer.

I've met them both a few times now and you are spot on in your description. [emoji3]

Lago
06-07-2015, 11:15 AM
Got text from my nephew
Think one of them is telling porkies, at St Johnstone on trial.

Andy74
06-07-2015, 11:26 AM

Watson kept Forster out for ages until Watson was injured.

iainm1875
06-07-2015, 11:32 AM

I think Forster was injured at that time. I think that Forster is preferred at CB and Watson at RB. Both are versatile.

Billy Whizz
06-07-2015, 11:34 AM

I'm happy with the signing of Keith Watson. Apart from the Rangers home game, and who excelled that day, thought he did well for us in a number of positions. Think he played right back, right centre half and right in a 352

Big_Franck
06-07-2015, 11:35 AM
I think Forster was injured at that time. I think that Forster is preferred at CB and Watson at RB. Both are versatile.

He wasnt, as i remember being surprised that Watson was keeping him out the team and that Stubbs didnt seem to rate Forster.

Ozyhibby
06-07-2015, 11:37 AM
I can live with Watson as a back up. Decent player.
Still need a couple of first pick midfielders though.

lochhibs
06-07-2015, 11:42 AM
I'm surprised Stubbs needs to take him on trial. I'd have thought he'd know enough about him already.

Billy Whizz
06-07-2015, 11:43 AM
I'm surprised Stubbs needs to take him on trial. I'd have thought he'd know enough about him already.

Maybe just wants to check that he's fit again, didn't play again last season after his injury

scoopyboy
06-07-2015, 11:45 AM
Dundee journalist tweeted that one of the familiar faces he met at airport was Leith Watson who was going to hibs training camp

I wanted to call my laddie Leith, needless to say I lost.

Billy Whizz
06-07-2015, 11:53 AM
I wanted to call my laddie Leith, needless to say I lost.

Depends what your surname is Scoopyboy, hopefully not Links😀

lochhibs
06-07-2015, 12:01 PM
Maybe just wants to check that he's fit again, didn't play again last season after his injury
Fair enough. Is the other Watson, the 1 from raith,at la manga too?

BT58
06-07-2015, 12:05 PM
Mr STUPID WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIZE.
It was signing talks and not signed.
Will leave info to those defo ITK.
Sorry

Stuarty27
06-07-2015, 12:06 PM
Keith Watson is a quality player, very versatile as well.

Bar the Rangers home game, he was terrific in most games and will provide competition at the back.

Ronniekirk
Depends what your surname is Scoopyboy, hopefully not Links😀

Nice one Billy 😜

Thecat23
Watson would do fine in a flat back four. But playing 3-5-2 he struggles as he's not quick enough!

Billy Whizz
06-07-2015, 12:09 PM
Fair enough. Is the other Watson, the 1 from raith,at la manga too?

Don't think so

Ozyhibby
06-07-2015, 12:09 PM
Mr STUPID WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIZE.
It was signing talks and not signed.
Will leave info to those defo ITK.
Sorry

I wouldn't worry about it. Deals fall through all the time. Even the itk guys know that what looks like a nailed on certainty can leave you looking like you talk absolute horses***.
Nobody cares.

Mikey09
06-07-2015, 12:10 PM
Keith Watson is a quality player, very versatile as well.

Bar the Rangers home game, he was terrific in most games and will provide competition at the back.

100% agree mate. I don't get how people can call the lad poor, or average as has been said on here. He is a very good player. Suppose it's all about opinions.

Ozyhibby
06-07-2015, 12:18 PM
@AgentScotland: Hibs - Club do want to sign K.Watson, player wants to sign for Hibs but club so far only willing to offer a year contract, player wants 2yr

hfc-1875
06-07-2015, 12:20 PM
Keeper reguero signed until the end of the season

Kawacabbage10
06-07-2015, 12:23 PM
Watson would do fine in a flat back four. But playing 3-5-2 he struggles as he's not quick enough!

I think most peoples memory of him in a back 3 will be the home defeat against Rangers at ER when Wallace had the freedom of the left. To me that was more down to having Dylan infront of him, or was meant to be in front of him. As has been seen in other games Dylan is never a wide player and will always look to drift in to the centre leaving the right of the 3 exposed.

If my memory is correct, he had a great game at Ibrox earlier in the season as part of a 3 when Gray was playing the wide right role and providing the necessary cover required to play the position.

I'd definetely take him, don't think we saw the best from the lad.

Big_Franck
06-07-2015, 12:30 PM
I think most peoples memory of him in a back 3 will be the home defeat against Rangers at ER when Wallace had the freedom of the left. To me that was more down to having Dylan infront of him, or was meant to be in front of him. As has been seen in other games Dylan is never a wide player and will always look to drift in to the centre leaving the right of the 3 exposed.

If my memory is correct, he had a great game at Ibrox earlier in the season as part of a 3 when Gray was playing the wide right role and providing the necessary cover required to play the position.

Totally agree. His best position is right centre back but can also play right back in a back 4. He's never a wing back though. I'd be happy if we signed him on a permanent deal.

Smartie
06-07-2015, 12:58 PM

:agree:

His last appearance for us was far from impressive and as you say, whether that was actually down to him or not is also debatable.

Prior to that he put in some very good performances. His versatility is also a huge asset if we are on a relatively small budget, allowing us to focus funds elsewhere knowing that we have players who can perform well in more than one role in the team.

J-C
06-07-2015, 01:12 PM
I like Watson and I'm surprised he'd come to act as a back up to Gray, he's better than a back up, unless Stubbs plans to play 3-5-2 again. good player with experience.

eastmainsmsh
06-07-2015, 02:20 PM
Can see reguero getting jersey cracking keeper

Big_Franck
06-07-2015, 03:10 PM

He'll at least provide serious competition to Oxley, which can only good for the team and Oxley himself. Reguero has shown he's capable of playing in the SPL so shouldnt have any problems at Championship level.

CockneyRebel
06-07-2015, 03:12 PM
Depends what your surname is Scoopyboy, hopefully not Links

Or Wark

AlbertK86
06-07-2015, 03:36 PM

Awright guys dyslexic fingers !!!!

Anyway happy with Keith call me Leith signing if it happens.

As mentioned by others I thought his only bad game was against the Sevconians when he came on for Gray

However my recollection is that it was his first game back after injury lay off

hfc-1875
06-07-2015, 03:40 PM
Watson is definitely away with the squad as just seen a picture on Twitter, hopefully we can get him signed up.

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-07-2015, 03:47 PM
Nice one - I've met both him and his girlfriend before too, both seemed very nice and genuine people.

Hibs fans too.

Congratulations on the wedding. :aok:

Cheers bud [emoji106]

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-07-2015, 03:48 PM
I've met them both a few times now and you are spot on in your description. [emoji3]

[emoji108][emoji4]

ancient hibee
06-07-2015, 03:50 PM
Totally agree. His best position is right centre back but can also play right back in a back 4. He's never a wing back though. I'd be happy if we signed him on a permanent deal.

I don't think he's much of a centre back-very poor in the air and no spring in his legs for jumping.He looks to me like a reasonable player who's had too many injuries.

bingo70
06-07-2015, 03:52 PM

I'm not meaning this to be a dick but what's his history? How come he's moved between pretty wee clubs abd never either got himself a move to a bigger club or established himself As long term first choice at one of the club's he's been at?

His cv doesn't sound particularly good but I can't say I remember ever seeing him play

KWJ
06-07-2015, 04:00 PM
Hibs supporting mate named his bairn Leith.

Don't know anything about the ex County keeper but glad to have it sorted and some genuine competition.

No problem with Watson coming back either. Mind listening to one of the MNF podcasts and the hibs guys were happy to see so many players leave the club. I think the biggest advantage we have over Rangers this season is continuity.

Barring very bad luck with injuries, I really don't see us dropping many points next season.

Midfielder or two and a left back would be the finishing touches. Wouldn't be disappointed if only one of these were a new signing (experienced) and the other 2 were able to step up from youth.

CA Hibby
06-07-2015, 04:07 PM
On Arran and the Eclipse has dropped Anchor off Lochranza . Lots of activity and comings and goings . Roman seems to be enjoying his stay in Scotaland so wonder if he will be tempted to think of Investing in a Scottish Club . Take it there hasn't been a large take up of hibsb shares in the last few days !!!!!!! :rolleyes: :fishin: Probably just doing a spot of fishing and visiting the Distillary .

Not a Nautical person myself ,but his Launch is an impressive piece of kit .

That it is, A friend of the family is part of the team navigating...Was interesting during the world cup, who was coming and going from this boat when it was stationed in Rio.

bingo70
06-07-2015, 04:22 PM
I disagree, i think his aerial ability is one of his strengths, particularly in the oppositions box where he seems to get on the end of a lot of free kicks and corners. Unfortunately he misdirects it more often than not.

What do you disagree with, I never gave any opinion on his ability?

It was a genuine question about his history as I don't think his cv is that impressive, wasn't sure if he'd had a few injuries or something though?

GreenCastle
06-07-2015, 04:52 PM
Not many names mentioned for left back ?

We need 2 midfielders minimum also - 1 sitting and 1 goalscoring.

bingo70
06-07-2015, 04:59 PM
Not many names mentioned for left back ?

We need 2 midfielders minimum also - 1 sitting and 1 goalscoring.

People seem to be suggesting crane will be promoted to the first team squad more often this season to act as cover.

AlbertK86
06-07-2015, 05:36 PM
Not many names mentioned for left back ? We need 2 midfielders minimum also - 1 sitting and 1 goalscoring.

Keith Watson covered left back a couple of times last season so he may be the cover for all defensive roles

Think Dunsmore and Crane may be utilised as the cover for full backs as well

Centre Hawf
06-07-2015, 06:08 PM
I'm not meaning this to be a dick but what's his history? How come he's moved between pretty wee clubs abd never either got himself a move to a bigger club or established himself As long term first choice at one of the club's he's been at?

His cv doesn't sound particularly good but I can't say I remember ever seeing him play

Played well at ICT for a while before moving down to Killie and played second best to Craig Samson (make of that what you will). Before going back up north to County and doing somewhat okay. He's not a world beating keeper, he's probably the best we could get as a back up to Oxley in this division. I would rather see Oxley as the number 1 but as most folk say he could keep him on his toes just by being there as that was what Cerny seemed to do.

hfc rd
06-07-2015, 08:00 PM
Does anyone know if Paul Watson from Raith Rovers is still with Hibs on trial?

bingo70
06-07-2015, 08:06 PM
Does anyone know if Paul Watson from Raith Rovers is still with Hibs on trial?

Think I read on here he didn't travel to Spain.

Big_Franck
06-07-2015, 10:32 PM
What do you disagree with, I never gave any opinion on his ability?

It was a genuine question about his history as I don't think his cv is that impressive, wasn't sure if he'd had a few injuries or something though?

Sorry, I quoted the wrong post. I was disagreeing with someone who had said that Keith Watson was poor in the air.

muzzando
07-07-2015, 06:22 AM
Heffernan is on trial with Falkirk and Nade has somehow managed to return to the Scottish premiership with Hamilton

CRAZYHIBBY
07-07-2015, 06:38 AM
Heffernan is on trial with Falkirk and Nade has somehow managed to return to the Scottish premiership with Hamilton

I heard nade was cover for the goal post.....the goal post is slightly quicker though

oneone73
07-07-2015, 06:39 AM

Not unhappy about that. He did us enough damage last year.

The Leith Dutch
07-07-2015, 06:55 AM
I heard nade was cover for the goal post.....the goal post is slightly quicker though

If you had two posts the size of Nade your goal would be impregnable.

Keith_M
07-07-2015, 07:04 AM
Not unhappy about that. He did us enough damage last year.

Did he score against anybody other than Hibs?

Brooster
07-07-2015, 07:11 AM
Think I read on here he didn't travel to Spain.

He didnt travel to Spain due to valid personal reasons. He is still in our plans though....so much so that he has had a medical.

Aldo
07-07-2015, 07:12 AM
He didnt travel to Spain due to valid personal reasons. He is still in our plans though....so much so that he has had a medical.

Did someone not mention a close family member is unwell??

Billy Whizz
07-07-2015, 07:26 AM

Can't see us signing 2 Watsons though

Brooster
07-07-2015, 07:33 AM
Did someone not mention a close family member is unwell??

Not for me to say Aldo.

andrew70
07-07-2015, 07:35 AM

Why not? We certainly need more defensive cover as had we beaten Rangers we would have been left with IIRC only two fit defenders. It's an area we were extremely light in numbers.

P. Watson especially would a cheap option yet one which I believe would be a very efficient and effective way of using the budget.

A player who maybe never thought this chance would come, delighted to play for Hibs, decent player and with a point to prove.

K. Watson we know all about but he could certainly show a lot more than he did last term.

Brooster
07-07-2015, 07:35 AM

I agree. Someone would have to leave before many more come in. My preference would be P Watson.

Aldo
07-07-2015, 07:47 AM
Not for me to say Aldo.

Indeed B. Maybe should of worded it better!

Billy Whizz
07-07-2015, 07:47 AM
I agree. Someone would have to leave before many more come in. My preference would be P Watson.

To be fair, I haven't really noticed Paul Watson to make a decision. But I saw enough of Keith Watson to say he'd be worth at least a years contract

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-07-2015, 07:58 AM

I can. Stubbs apparently likes to have two players with the same surname in the squad as he feels it confuses the opposition. Next season he hopes to have Scott and Lewis Allan, Paul and Keith Watson, Hanlon and Handling(he feels their names are close enough to confuse the opposition-and some of our own fans) and I've heard that we are keeping tabs on Jimmy Malonga who is currently playing for Plymouth Argyle

Hibeewilly
07-07-2015, 08:00 AM
To be fair, I haven't really noticed Paul Watson to make a decision. But I saw enough of Keith Watson to say he'd be worth at least a years contract
Have to say I thought Keith Watson had about one decent game and the rest he played in was poor. I have a gut feeling we are losing out on our targets at the moment as Stubbsy would have wanted all of his squad signed by now and taking part in pre season. We are still 4 or 5 players short IMO

jacomo
07-07-2015, 08:21 AM
Have to say I thought Keith Watson had about one decent game and the rest he played in was poor. I have a gut feeling we are losing out on our targets at the moment as Stubbsy would have wanted all of his squad signed by now and taking part in pre season. We are still 4 or 5 players short IMO

Every single club struggles to get all their squad in place for the start of pre season. There is nearly 2 months to go before the transfer window closes again. Is it better to commit now, or hold on in the hope the players you really want become available?

Mikey09
07-07-2015, 08:23 AM

No we're not. 2 maybe 3 Max.

Joe's ice cream
07-07-2015, 08:25 AM

Wow!!😳😳

Steve20
07-07-2015, 08:49 AM

I think Keith Watson would be a good addition to the squad. I think he's very underrated by people on here and I'd be happy if he's the defender we bring in. After that, two midfielders and we'll be ready.

JimBHibees
07-07-2015, 09:00 AM
I think Keith Watson would be a good addition to the squad. I think he's very underrated by people on here and I'd be happy if he's the defender we bring in. After that, two midfielders and we'll be ready.

I agree with a decent preseason he could be a standout for Hibs. Good that he could play right along the back line.

Brooster
07-07-2015, 09:20 AM
I agree with a decent preseason he could be a standout for Hibs. Good that he could play right along the back line.

You could be right Jim. He never quite looked maych fit last season. A full pre season will help.

JimBHibees
07-07-2015, 09:26 AM
You could be right Jim. He never quite looked maych fit last season. A full pre season will help.

Agree he looked off the pace a bit due to I am assuming not playing for United and injuries.

Betty Boop
07-07-2015, 09:54 AM
Dundee United accept bid from Celtic for Ciftci, fee undisclosed.

nellio
07-07-2015, 10:06 AM

Wigan were offering £1.5 million so would imagine it would be around that. Their fans must be sick if Cetic poaching all their players.

jacomo
07-07-2015, 10:15 AM
If you had two posts the size of Nade your goal would be impregnable.

Instead of parking the bus, just park the Nade. That should keep the opposition at bay.

I do feel mean. He seems like a lovely guy, even though he played for them.

Billy Whizz
07-07-2015, 10:20 AM

Read somewhere that United have a £800,000 short fall each season, this should full part of the hole, one the coaching staff get their share of the fee😀

tamig
07-07-2015, 10:52 AM
Read somewhere that United have a £800,000 shirt fall each season, this should full part of the hole, one the coaching staff get their share of the fee😀

I wouldn't have thought their total replica shirt sales would be anywhere near 800k ;-)

Billy Whizz
07-07-2015, 10:53 AM
I wouldn't have thought their total replica shirt sales would be anywhere near 800k ;-)

Amended, at least you read it😀

WeeRussell
07-07-2015, 11:03 AM
Wigan were offering £1.5 million so would imagine it would be around that. Their fans must be sick if Cetic poaching all their players.

The ones I know are beyond sick!

scoopyboy
07-07-2015, 11:21 AM

IMO they were always going to after Ciftci turned down Wigan.

The best Utd could do was try and get as much as possible from Celtic.

S4uzee
07-07-2015, 11:26 AM

I personally would rather have Allan than Ciftci but I couldn't see us getting £1.5 million

jacomo
07-07-2015, 12:05 PM
I personally would rather have Allan than Ciftci but I couldn't see us getting £1.5 million

This does suggest that the only club in Scotland that could afford Allan is recruiting someone else.

Will Dundee Utd come back to us with another bid? Will it be realistic?

tamig
07-07-2015, 12:09 PM
This does suggest that the only club in Scotland that could afford Allan is recruiting someone else.

Would Allan even want to go back there though? They don't seem to be a club "on the up" to me at the moment. Similar signs to our selling of the golden generation - although we pumped a chunk of that cash into hardware/infrastructure.

calumhibee1
07-07-2015, 12:15 PM

Ciftci is a good player but Allan on his day is better, and is also way more consistent.

patlowe
07-07-2015, 12:19 PM

It would be interesting to see how we responded to say a 500k offer from Utd but we wouldn't be under the same pressure as we would with an OF offer, in that I doubt Allan would be in any huge rush to go back to Tannadice. Rangers and Celtic are different propositions for obvious reasons.