PDA

View Full Version : Sevco out of contract players

ekhibee
01-06-2015, 09:35 AM
Which players are out of contract and which, if any, do you think we should snap up? Not saying we should necessarily sign any of them, just interested to hear what others think about this.

J-C
01-06-2015, 09:38 AM
Which players are out of contract and which, if any, do you think we should snap up? Not saying we should necessarily sign any of them, just interested to hear what others think about this.

Absolutely none of them, they are not good enough and deffo not Hibs class.

Salt N Sauzee
01-06-2015, 09:41 AM
Don't know if he's out of contract or not but the only player I'd take from that team is Nicky Law.

Hfc_Since1875
01-06-2015, 09:42 AM
Absolutely none of them, tey are not good enough and deffo not Hibs class.

I'm not sure if he is out of contract but I would definitely take Templeton

Despite his previous clubs he is exactly the type of impact/direct player we miss - Him one side and Boyle the other would give us great options if we don't play the diamond next season

andrew70
01-06-2015, 09:44 AM
I'm not sure if he is out of contract but I would definitely take Templeton

Despite his previous clubs he is exactly the type of impact/direct player we miss - Him one side and Boyle the other would give us great options if we don't play the diamond next season

Aside from the fact he's not very good!

We definitely need wingers but we need better than Templeton.

Keith_M
01-06-2015, 09:45 AM
Bilel Mohsni is definitely out of contract but I hear he's switching to The Ultimate Fighting Championship after the Summer.

hibby67
01-06-2015, 09:46 AM
i don't think he i out of contract and i know he a ex jambo but Lee Wallace would be a great edition strong fast great engine and poses a threat at set pieces

Hfc_Since1875
01-06-2015, 09:48 AM
Aside from the fact he's not very good!

We definitely need wingers but we need better than Templeton.

Granted he's not been good for "The Rangers" but if we could get him playing as he did for Hearts he would be a cracking signing

Only have to look at Allan & Fyvie to see Stubbs can get players back to their best and playing with confidence!

Really don't see it happening but i definitely think it would be a good signing

GreenOnions
01-06-2015, 09:49 AM
I like Nicky Law too and would be happy to have him at ER. He's a good player but he is also one of the types we lacked last season - a midfielder who gets beyond the strikers and can score goals.

Geo_1875
01-06-2015, 09:52 AM
I think Stevie Smith is a decent player who would benefit from regular games.

jdships
01-06-2015, 09:53 AM
Absolutely none of them, they are not good enough and deffo not Hibs class.

Would have thought Alan Stubbs sights are set a bit higher than what is on offer at " hunbrox"
On the evidence of the two matches I watched on BT there are very few "Huns" who would interest any club as long term investments :greengrin

Stokesy's on fire
01-06-2015, 09:54 AM

The only one from the minkers I would let hibs sign is Nicky Law the rest are all washed up trash and are good enough for them and not us.

number9dream
01-06-2015, 09:56 AM
There's around 12 Sevconians out of contract, including McCulloch, Miller, Boyd, Daly, Foster & Black. The Newcastle Five will also be away.

Darren McGregor is the only one I'd consider, if Fontaine choses to move on elsewhere.

Along with Law & Shiels, Templeton still under contract for another year on £8k a week, despite not even being in the squad most weeks.

DH1875
01-06-2015, 10:19 AM
Sure they said on the TV that 12 of the first team squad are out of contract as well as the loans. Anyone got a full list?
I like the boy Vukic, know we have no chance of getting him but what's the chances he'll be back at Ibrox next season? Really hope not cause he carried them to the playoffs.

Speedy
01-06-2015, 10:22 AM
Wallace, Law and Vuckic would improve us.

emerald green
01-06-2015, 10:24 AM
Personally, I wouldn't touch their dozen or so out of contract players with a barge pole. They are mostly gash, and deadwood basically.

There's far better players out there who might consider coming to Hibs to further their careers. We don't want any wage thieves at ER.

GreenArmyyy!
01-06-2015, 10:24 AM

Yep, the only three I would take. The rest are useless.

JeMeSouviens
01-06-2015, 10:25 AM
Lee McCulloch
Kris Boyd
Kenny Miller
Jon Daly
Bilel Mohsni
Darren McGregor
Richard Foster
Steven Smith
Sebastien Faure
Ian Black
Kyle Hutton
Steve Simonsen

McGregor and Miller may have automatic 1 year extensions based on the number of games they played this year.

snooky
01-06-2015, 10:27 AM
What a refreshing thread. Us cherry-picking from The Rangers (instead of reading the opposite). :greengrin

nellio
01-06-2015, 10:28 AM
Wallace and Law. Tepleton is quick so would give us some pace perhaps for when we switch to a 4-4-2.

Wallace is a Hibee is he not?

hibees 7062
01-06-2015, 10:31 AM
i don't think he i out of contract and i know he a ex jambo but Lee Wallace would be a great edition strong fast great engine and poses a threat at set pieces

:agree: Defo take him

emerald green
01-06-2015, 10:32 AM

They are not out of contract, as far as I'm aware, and Hibs could not afford their wages. Certainly not what they are currently on I don't believe.

PeeKay
01-06-2015, 10:36 AM
I would take Black. The West Stand toilets could do with a lick of paint.

Springbank
01-06-2015, 10:46 AM
Only two for me: Wallace & Vuckic
One is a Hibee in a position we struggle to cover, the other is Rangers only decent hope and it would be nice to deal a crushing disappointment to them, while letting Mike Ashley get one over on Dave king in the process.

The rest of them, frankly, bring out the Shania Twain in me. I look at them and think:
That don't impress me much

overdrive
01-06-2015, 10:50 AM
Wallace, Vuckic and Law are the only three. Maybe McGregor as a utility player if Stevenson goes.

jacomo
01-06-2015, 10:59 AM
I would take Black. The West Stand toilets could do with a lick of paint.

He can clean some of his graffiti off the South Stand concourse first, the dirty Hertz bassa.

Jack
01-06-2015, 11:49 AM
The good news is I understand Kenny Miller has signed up for another year with them.

I'm sure another 9 goals, in 43 appearances, is just the sort of form that will weaken them nicely.

We can just hope Boyd, who has a similar strike rate, stays on too.

allezsauzee
01-06-2015, 12:00 PM
I'd sign McCulloch and send him out to collect flags from the away supporters.

patlowe
01-06-2015, 12:05 PM
Much as I "would take" Wallace, Law and Vuckic, there's absolutely no chance we could get them. As for the rest, there's probably 2 or 3 that would supplement the squad in general but at the moment we have priority positions in which we need signings to go straight in and strengthen the first 11 - not sure how many of their out of contract players would do that.

Jim44
01-06-2015, 12:15 PM
What a refreshing thread. Us cherry-picking from The Rangers (instead of reading the opposite). :greengrin

:agree: The only negative here, 'tho, is that they are after our biggest cherry, if you'll pardon the expression

woodythehibee
01-06-2015, 12:53 PM
The good news is I understand Kenny Miller has signed up for another year with them.

I'm sure another 9 goals, in 43 appearances, is just the sort of form that will weaken them nicely.

We can just hope Boyd, who has a similar strike rate, stays on too.

Another year older and another year less influential.

Any idea what kind of money Miller/Boyd are on? Bleeding The Rangers dry I hope.

Baldy Foghorn
01-06-2015, 01:02 PM
Lee McCulloch
Kris Boyd
Kenny Miller
Jon Daly
Bilel Mohsni
Darren McGregor
Richard Foster
Steven Smith
Sebastien Faure
Ian Black
Kyle Hutton
Steve Simonsen

McGregor and Miller may have automatic 1 year extensions based on the number of games they played this year.

Would only take Smith from that list.....Rangers really are honking when you see the names of players on that list....

Centre Hawf
01-06-2015, 01:15 PM
Wouldn't touch most of them. I would only consider Wallace, Vukcic, Law and MAYBE if the wages were right Templeton and McGregor. Part from that they can sing for their supper elsewhere.

ekhibee
01-06-2015, 02:23 PM
Some interesting answers. Outside of the ones that are out of contract, I'd agree with Wallace and Law, and I like the young lad Walsh, he looks a player. I also agree re. McGregor if Fontaine goes, but there's a hell of a lot of dross in that squad. Vuckic is a standout in terms of quality but couldn't see him coming to Hibs, even on loan. We'd have some team if he did though!

Since90+2
01-06-2015, 02:29 PM
Some interesting answers. Outside of the ones that are out of contract, I'd agree with Wallace and Law, and I like the young lad Walsh, he looks a player. I also agree re. McGregor if Fontaine goes, but there's a hell of a lot of dross in that squad. Vuckic is a standout in terms of quality but couldn't see him coming to Hibs, even on loan. We'd have some team if he did though!

McGregor has another year at Ibrox. He automatically had another year added to his contract if he played a set amount of games.

craigmounthibby
01-06-2015, 06:41 PM
Wallace and Law. Tepleton is quick so would give us some pace perhaps for when we switch to a 4-4-2.

Wallace is a Hibee is he not?

Yup, he was.

portycabbage
01-06-2015, 06:47 PM
I would take Black. The West Stand toilets could do with a lick.

Fixed that for you.

vincipernoi
01-06-2015, 10:35 PM
How long has Zaliuskas got on his contract?

2 deflections fro goals yesterday

muzzando
01-06-2015, 10:57 PM
How long has Zaliuskas got on his contract?

2 deflections fro goals yesterday

Pretty sure they're stuck with him for 2 more years :greengrin

macd123
01-06-2015, 11:05 PM
Zaliukas, black, mccullouch and mohsni were probably on wages higher than our entire first team

greenlex
02-06-2015, 02:05 AM
McGregor Law and possibly Coark. Shiels too