PDA

View Full Version : How Many Tickets.......

Keith_M
31-05-2015, 04:04 PM
....should Hibs give to DerHun next season?

Does anybody think there'll be demand for as many as 1,500 or should we just reduce it?

Glory Lurker
31-05-2015, 04:05 PM
Give them the whole stand. More cash for us, and more of them for us to laugh at.

007 Mickey Weir
31-05-2015, 04:06 PM
Yeah we charge 28quid. So would lose nearly £100k if we did that.

Green Fish
31-05-2015, 04:06 PM
Give them the whole stand. More cash for us, and more of them for us to laugh at.

They will boycott us

marinello59
31-05-2015, 04:08 PM
How many will they want? They'll be walking away!

Keith_M
31-05-2015, 04:10 PM
I'm sure somebody said they're going to boycott us, so I don't see the point in giving them ANY tickets

:wink:

Glory Lurker
31-05-2015, 04:11 PM
They will boycott us

I'm sure some will, but there'll be plenty that can't wait for the chance to shout sectarian guff at the Edinburgh tims. :rolleyes:

NAE NOOKIE
31-05-2015, 04:34 PM
Their usual allocation.

Though Hibs should be thinking long and hard about what we charge for that game, its clear that walk ups are not biting at £28 a pop. I for one was pretty shocked that Hibs couldn't persuade more than 13,000 of our fans to attend what was a huge game at £15 for a ticket in the play offs.

I just hope that we can get as many people as possible to buy season tickets, because we are going to need them.

leggeto
31-05-2015, 04:41 PM
I don't mind paying extra to keep them out

Gatecrasher
31-05-2015, 04:43 PM
I don't mind paying extra to keep them out
We've just had a full season of folk moaning about ticket prices :hilarious

Baldy Foghorn
31-05-2015, 05:17 PM
....should Hibs give to DerHun next season?

Does anybody think there'll be demand for as many as 1,500 or should we just reduce it?

Whole stand, their money will be welcome. We couldn't manage 13,000 for play off game, no point cutting our nose off to spite our face

Gerard
31-05-2015, 05:23 PM
0 tickets until their fans behave.:wink:

Sir David Gray
31-05-2015, 06:23 PM
Whilst I would love for Hibs to be in a position to only allow 1500 Sevco fans into Easter Road, we're not.

We'll be lucky to have 11000 Hibs fans in the stadium for these games next year so there's no way we're going to cut their allocation.

I fully supported the club's decision to cut their allocation last week but we weren't going to feel the full effects of that decision as we didn't retain 100% of the gate receipts.

I would (reluctantly) give them the full south stand next season.

Eyrie
31-05-2015, 06:25 PM
If they increase our allocation for Castle Grayskull to 2000 (and a proper space between them and our fans) then they can have the entire South Stand, but if they persist in only giving us 950 then they should be kept at 1500.

There is too much kow-towing to the Ugly Sisters in Scottish football and the financial benefits of their travelling bigots.

Del Boy
31-05-2015, 06:25 PM
Why are they going to boycott exactly?

liamh2202
31-05-2015, 06:28 PM
If they increase our allocation for Castle Grayskull to 2000 (and a proper space between them and our fans) then they can have the entire South Stand, but if they persist in only giving us 950 then they should be kept at 1500.

There is too much kow-towing to the Ugly Sisters in Scottish football and the financial benefits of their travelling bigots.

Yes.. Surely we weren't planning for their money anyway

Pretty Boy
31-05-2015, 06:28 PM
Hibs fans had a chance to prove there was a need to cut the Rangers allocation and for numerous reasons several thousand who have attended previous play off games, semi finals, derbies etc chose not to attend.

Give them their usual as we're as well having their money as empty seats and the usual Police costs. Losing tens of thousands of pounds for no reason isn't an option for Hibs.

Gatecrasher
31-05-2015, 06:34 PM
Hibs fans had a chance to prove there was a need to cut the Rangers allocation and for numerous reasons several thousand who have attended previous play off games, semi finals, derbies etc chose not to attend.

Give them their usual as we're as well having their money as empty seats and the usual Police costs. Losing tens of thousands of pounds for no reason isn't an option for Hibs.
:agree: The only to reduce their allocation is to fill our own.

liamh2202
31-05-2015, 06:35 PM

What would we have done if they had got promoted? 'not an option' is taking it a bit far

Pretty Boy
31-05-2015, 07:00 PM
What would we have done if they had got promoted? 'not an option' is taking it a bit far

If they got promoted it wouldn't' be an issue. They didn't so it is. It's money we would never have had.

As it is Hibs can't wilfully turn down circa £95K a season. In very simplistic terms that's a decent Championship player on £1800 a week. I wouldn't be happy if Hibs were turning that down to placate people who don't go to games anyway.

liamh2202
31-05-2015, 07:07 PM
If they got promoted it wouldn't' be an issue. They didn't so it is. It's money we would never have had.

As it is Hibs can't wilfully turn down circa £95K a season. In very simplistic terms that's a decent Championship player on £1800 a week. I wouldn't be happy if Hibs were turning that down to placate people who don't go to games anyway.

Yeh I'm not saying it would be the right option. But not an option is a bit exaggerated

emerald green
31-05-2015, 07:11 PM

The club IMHO made the correct decision to limit The Rangers to 1500 tickets for the play-off at ER.

But as you say in the bit in bold the turnout by the Hibs support was very disappointing. I'm fairly sure the Hibs CEO and board will have been disappointed.

The club is now facing another season in the Championship and this will have an adverse effect on season ticket sales and walk ups. Hibs simply can't afford now to turn away the income from any away supporters, even if it means we have to hold our nose when it's the Huns.

HibsNutter
31-05-2015, 07:12 PM
If more of our fans actually bothered to attend rather than watch the game from the pub then we wouldn't have to ask ourselves this

ballengeich
31-05-2015, 07:14 PM
They will boycott us

I suspect that a lot will boycott every ground, including Ibrox.

Pretty Boy
31-05-2015, 07:19 PM
The club IMHO made the correct decision to limit The Rangers to 1500 tickets for the play-off at ER.

But as you say in the bit in bold the turnout by the Hibs support was very disappointing. I'm fairly sure the Hibs CEO and board will have been disappointed.

The club is now facing another season in the Championship and this will have an adverse effect on season ticket sales and walk ups. Hibs simply can't afford now to turn away the income from any away supporters, even if it means we have to hold our nose when it's the Huns.

I absolutely agree for that one off game the club made 100% the correct decision.

To do the same next year and leave 1500+ additional empty seats would be an incorrect the decision. Imagine the uproar if we had to sell Scott Allan for example for £100K in January to help balance the books if we had essentially turned down that amount from Rangers fans in ticket sales.

Dashing Bob S
31-05-2015, 07:36 PM
Until we can fill the stadium with our own fans, we should give them the South Stand. Just because the Huns are stupid and arrogant, we don't need to be. They could have had 10-12 k Hibs and 4-6 K Motherwell if they had been sensible with ticket allocation. They weren't, and lost money as a result. Mugs.

dp00
31-05-2015, 08:34 PM
If we decide to only give them 1500 tickets then they should be up in the south upper ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
31-05-2015, 08:38 PM
If we decide to only give them 1500 tickets then they should be up in the south upper ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would put them up on the roof.

liamh2202
31-05-2015, 08:41 PM
I would put them up on the roof.

I'd put them all on the Crawford bridge....... At the same time