PDA

View Full Version : The Rangers -pride of Scotland

weonlywon6-2
31-05-2015, 09:16 AM
Take a look at @StanCollymore's Tweet: https://twitter.com/StanCollymore/status/604752040938610688?s=09

I'm hoping I got this to work

Stan Collymore posted it yesterday continuing his love affair with them 😊

Maybe a tech can get the link to work from his twitter

Diclonius
31-05-2015, 09:18 AM
Bet they have close Catholic friends an aw.

The level of brain disengage is frightening.

weonlywon6-2
31-05-2015, 09:24 AM

I know exactly, players as well

Michael
31-05-2015, 09:31 AM
What am I looking at here? Blurry photo?

Oscar T Grouch
31-05-2015, 09:38 AM
What am I looking at here? Blurry photo?

Nah it's a vid showing the rangers fans in their true light.

iwasthere1972
31-05-2015, 09:44 AM
Take a look at @StanCollymore's Tweet: https://twitter.com/StanCollymore/status/604752040938610688?s=09

I'm hoping I got this to work

Stan Collymore posted it yesterday continuing his love affair with them 

Maybe a tech can get the link to work from his twitter

https://twitter.com/StanCollymore/status/604752040938610688?s=09

Viva_Palmeiras
31-05-2015, 09:44 AM
Horrendous - elocution lessons required.
What a bunch of morons if that is deemed "normal" in Scotland then we've a long, long, long way to go. Closest most of these muppets will come to Church is that nodding dog in the adverts...
maybe these Neanderthals need bussed out to another part of the world to see what civilisation looks like?

iwasthere1972
31-05-2015, 09:48 AM
Nah it's a vid showing the rangers fans in their true light.

Nice wee song. they really are the dregs of society.

weonlywon6-2
31-05-2015, 09:52 AM
https://twitter.com/StanCollymore/status/604752040938610688?s=09

Cheers mate

Stokesy's on fire
31-05-2015, 09:53 AM
I'm
Sure Marco Negri was a catholic as are many others they have signed. John Daly???

Pretty Boy
31-05-2015, 10:05 AM
I'm
Sure Marco Negri was a catholic as are many others they have signed. John Daly???

The list is lenghty:

Mo Johnstone
Neil McCann
Lorenzo Amoruso
Marco Negri
Sergio Porrini
John Spencer
Jon Daly
Francisco Sandaza........

Several players from 1900-1930ish. The whole Johnstone being the 1st Catholic to sign for Rangers is a bit of a red herring.

Anyway people like those in that video are beyond help. The saddest thing is they will pass on their blind hatred to their children and carry on the cycle. It's funny though because I always though the whole concept of modern Protestantism was to disapprove of the church of Rome as an institution whilst respecting the right of the individual to hold the beliefs they wish. That sounds like hatred of the individual to me.

iwasthere1972
31-05-2015, 10:14 AM
https://youtu.be/ksRMKsdF2do

Plus your average Celtic fan. :greengrin

Jim44
31-05-2015, 10:18 AM

I'm

Didn't you know that, when a Catholic signs for Sevco, his religious status is suspended temporarily and he becomes an honorary Proddie.:rolleyes:

howdenthehibby
31-05-2015, 10:20 AM
Vermin !

liamh2202
31-05-2015, 10:40 AM
The list is lenghty:

Mo Johnstone
Neil McCann
Lorenzo Amoruso
Marco Negri
Sergio Porrini
John Spencer
Jon Daly
Francisco Sandaza........

Several players from 1900-1930ish. The whole Johnstone being the 1st Catholic to sign for Rangers is a bit of a red herring.

Anyway people like those in that video are beyond help. The saddest thing is they will pass on their blind hatred to their children and carry on the cycle. It's funny though because I always though the whole concept of modern Protestantism was to disapprove of the church of Rome as an institution whilst respecting the right of the individual to hold the beliefs they wish. That sounds like hatred of the individual to me.

These people are not real protestants. you are right in your understanding. I once had an interesting discussion with one who called me a taig. Once I explained I was a church going protestant and he replied why the **** would a protestant go to church I laughed turned away and never looked back

emerald green
31-05-2015, 11:07 AM
Ignorance, stupidity, bigotry, and sheer sectarian hatred in the raw. Passed down through the generations from parents to their children.

I suspect many of them don't know, or want to know, the first thing about the Catholic faith, or for that matter Protestantism. It's a sad and worrying reflection on Scottish society in the year 2015. It's not 1690 anymore.

You wonder if any of these people know or work alongside Catholics, and if so do they hide this sort of stuff from them? I despair at times. Will it ever change?

Juice-Terry
31-05-2015, 11:12 AM
What does my head in almost as much as that sectarian stuff is that anyone cares about religion AT ALL.

Jim44
31-05-2015, 11:18 AM
Ignorance, stupidity, bigotry, and sheer sectarian hatred in the raw. Passed down through the generations from parents to their children.

I suspect many of them don't know, or want to know, the first thing about the Catholic faith, or for that matter Protestantism. It's a sad and worrying reflection on Scottish society in the year 2015. It's not 1690 anymore.

You wonder if any of these people know or work alongside Catholics, and if so do they hide this sort of stuff from them? I despair at times. Will it ever change?

I once challenged a Sevco acquaintance who was married to a Catholic girl. His reply was "I'd even marry a black ***** if she was hot."

liamh2202
31-05-2015, 11:21 AM
What does my head in almost as much as that sectarian stuff is that anyone cares about religion AT ALL.

I don't think the two things are remotely like each other.. I can practice my religion without it affecting anyone else whatsoever

Sir David Gray
31-05-2015, 11:24 AM
Am I supposed to be able to watch a video? :confused:

I'm getting a "the media could not be played" message.

emerald green
31-05-2015, 11:26 AM
I once challenged a Sevco acquaintance who was married to a Catholic girl. His reply was "I'd even marry a black ***** if she was hot."

He sounds like a real charmer. Lucky girl to be married to him. :rolleyes:

Onceinawhile
31-05-2015, 11:34 AM

Bunch of Rangers fans on the subway chanting "we f#;_ing hate roman catholics"

Sir David Gray
31-05-2015, 11:38 AM
Bunch of Rangers fans on the subway chanting "we f#;_ing hate romantic catholics"

Romantic Catholics? :confused:

I didn't think they liked any kind of Catholics, what's so repulsive about a romantic one in their mind?

Mr White
31-05-2015, 11:40 AM
Bunch of Rangers fans on the subway chanting "we f#;_ing hate romantic catholics"
They love cynical cold hearted ones though :greengrin

Weststandwanab
31-05-2015, 11:47 AM

Consider yourself fortunate.

Onceinawhile
31-05-2015, 11:56 AM
Hahaha I hate spell check.

davidw
31-05-2015, 12:08 PM

Priceless - that's cheered me up no end!

NAE NOOKIE
31-05-2015, 02:18 PM
This is why we must ensure that we keep this moronic behaviour away from Hibs. The best thing about us is that the small element we did have in the 70s who indulged in the sectarian stuff have either gone or grown up.

The Rangers have a huge problem which in my opinion will never go away and Celtic have just as much to deal with.

The situation which now exists is that rather than address the problem, supporters of both clubs are dressing up their vile perpetuation of religious hatred as "oor culture" They have no regard for the fact that their "culture" as they put it is causing Scottish football untold damage and that eventually its affects could well be terminal. This is not the 20th century ............. Parents will see the articles on the TV and in the papers and will refuse out of hand to allow their children to be exposed to a sport which they are being told will turn them into bigots.

The bigger problem is that in every TV report and newspaper article they are talking about the sectarian problem in "Scottish football" not that its an old firm problem. More than one report commissioned has its subject matter as 'sectarianism in Scottish football. We are all being tarred with the same brush here.

We can no longer allow this to go on. Its time for the SFA to make a stand before its too late, if that means closed door games, points deductions or whatever then so be it. ..... Will they have the guts to do it? I think we all know the answer.

Bronson
31-05-2015, 03:02 PM

That is tremendous :faf::faf::faf: