PDA

View Full Version : Martin Boyle offered new Dens park Deal

Stokesy's on fire
30-05-2015, 09:16 AM
Link attached

http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/sport/dundee-fc/martin-boyle-offered-new-dundee-deal-1.879480

007 Mickey Weir
30-05-2015, 09:25 AM
Offered and accepting are two different things.

ChooseLife
30-05-2015, 09:27 AM
Offered and accepting are two different things.

No way :o

3pm
30-05-2015, 09:30 AM
Just so they get money probably? £150.00 fact. And that's not a typo.

hfc rd
30-05-2015, 10:20 AM
Just so they get money probably? £150.00 fact. And that's not a typo.

Are you sure? £150 would be an absolute bargain steal. I might as well pay that transfer fee for him on behalf of Hibs and let them sort out the wages.

3pm
30-05-2015, 10:30 AM
Are you sure? £150 would be an absolute bargain steal. I might as well pay that transfer fee for him on behalf of Hibs and let them sort out the wages.

I obviously jest but it'll be interesting to see the fee we'd need to pay.

Aldo
30-05-2015, 10:39 AM
I obviously jest but it'll be interesting to see the fee we'd need to pay.

We wouldn't pay any fee if he's out of contract and he didn't come through their youth programme as he was signed from Montrose so no development fee required.

stevie-bee
30-05-2015, 10:51 AM
Maybe he wants to play in the spl , and would rather play for Dundee

Pretty Boy
30-05-2015, 11:15 AM
If he has offers from ourselves and Dundee I'd fancy our chances of getting him.

He seemed to love playing for us and looked like he was enjoying his football. He was also happy within the squad and working under Stubbs. I don't believe all of that applies to his time at Dundee.

3pm
30-05-2015, 11:24 AM
We wouldn't pay any fee if he's out of contract and he didn't come through their youth programme as he was signed from Montrose so no development fee required.

Ah! Good lad. Cheers.

West hamBERNIAN
30-05-2015, 12:20 PM
If he has offers from ourselves and Dundee I'd fancy our chances of getting him.

He seemed to love playing for us and looked like he was enjoying his football. He was also happy within the squad and working under Stubbs. I don't believe all of that applies to his time at Dundee.

Maybe has more chances in first team at Dundee? Seemed to be more of a back up for us?

J-C
30-05-2015, 12:22 PM
Maybe has more chances in first team at Dundee? Seemed to be more of a back up for us?

It depends how Stubbs plays next season, 4-4-2 diamond, 3-5-2, 4-2-3-1, 4-1-3-2 etc.

.Sean.
30-05-2015, 12:43 PM
I understand he'll choose Hibs over Dundee. Loves it here and Stubbs wants to keep him on.

Hartley had him in last week and the gist of it was he'd like to keep Boyle but won't stand in his way. He'd be an impact player at Dundee.

.Sean.
30-05-2015, 12:45 PM

Nail head hammer

Onceinawhile
30-05-2015, 01:08 PM
Maybe he wants to play in the spl , and would rather play for Dundee

There is no spl. That went out at the time of reconstruction. It's the spfl premiership.

jacomo
30-05-2015, 01:36 PM
There is no spl. That went out at the time of reconstruction. It's the spfl premiership.

Technically true. However the new brand is so awful that many can't remember it and those that do prefer to ignore it.

Whoever thought adding another letter to the SPL acronym was a good idea should be emptied.

Del Boy
30-05-2015, 01:47 PM
Not too fussed about Boyle. Has pace but I don't think he's anything special. Feel that, even in the league we are in, we could do better.

Won't be gutted if we sign him though!

tamig
30-05-2015, 02:33 PM
Not too fussed about Boyle. Has pace but I don't think he's anything special. Feel that, even in the league we are in, we could do better.

Won't be gutted if we sign him though!

His confidence was rising towards the end of the season and I thought he looked excellent. There's not too many players going about with that genuine pace. We should be doing all we can to get him here.

Vini1875
30-05-2015, 03:02 PM
I thought he might turn out to be a player for us a bit like I van Sproule who took a while to establish himself. With good coaching and confidence, I think we could really see a player emerge.

Aldo
30-05-2015, 03:08 PM
If he can produce performances like he did against the Yams and the way he took his goal v falkirk than he'd be an excellent addition IMHO.

I'd give him a deal!

Barney McGrew
30-05-2015, 03:32 PM
Pace frightens defenders and by all accounts he's a good guy around the dressing room too.

I'd be happy to see him signed up.

col02
30-05-2015, 09:34 PM
He's just going to keep improving imho and ideally that will be at Hibernian!

CallumLaidlaw
30-05-2015, 09:45 PM
Still pretty young (just looks much older). Really started to come on to a game and we've shown against rangers how much we missed having a real pacy threat in the team.

Golden Bear
30-05-2015, 09:56 PM
Rome wisnae built in a day but the guy has real potential. Sign him please!

Ringothedog
30-05-2015, 10:37 PM
Rome wisnae built in a day but the guy has real potential. Sign him please!
We are crying out for pace. He gives us another option. I would sign him in a minute.

Waxy
30-05-2015, 11:15 PM
Hope he signs for us.If he knuckles down and improves he'll be some player.

Sir David Gray
31-05-2015, 12:10 AM
I have my doubts about him as a Premiership player but whilst we remain in the Championship, he's definitely a player we should be looking to recruit as he's a very good player at that level.

Worth an 18 month deal.

NadeAteMyLunch!
31-05-2015, 12:30 AM
At the risk of sounding 'yam like', we are a far bigger and better club than Dundee, regardless of what leagues we may be in. Hopefully Boyle feels the same

cam75
31-05-2015, 05:16 AM
His operation went well nice scar to tell the grand kids pre season with us should be a boost.
GGTTH

Niffy
31-05-2015, 06:41 AM
I'm not sulking, but I mentioned this on the rumours page days ago.

Actually, I am sulking.

Stokesy's on fire
31-05-2015, 07:08 AM
At the risk of sounding 'yam like', we are a far bigger and better club than Dundee, regardless of what leagues we may be in. Hopefully Boyle feels the same

Your right though Hibs are a bigger club by a long long distance

JimBHibees
31-05-2015, 08:22 AM
His confidence was rising towards the end of the season and I thought he looked excellent. There's not too many players going about with that genuine pace. We should be doing all we can to get him here.

Agree hope he stays as looks to have a great attitude and will only get better IMO. His performances near the end of the season were excellent especially when ripping Hearts in the derby.

jane_says
31-05-2015, 08:58 AM
His goal against Falkirk illustrated to me that he's improved even in the 4 or 5 months he's been here.
How long have we been crying out for genuine pace, this guy has that and at this level, we should definitely snap him up.

Heisenberg
31-05-2015, 09:02 AM
Our 3-0 win at Falkirk showed how useful his pace can be. Their big slow central defenders couldn't deal with him running at them. I feel he could've made the difference in both the semi final and also both legs against Sevco.

IWasThere2016
31-05-2015, 04:40 PM
Link attached

http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/sport/dundee-fc/martin-boyle-offered-new-dundee-deal-1.879480

He was offered a new contract at Dens months ago. Not sure why it's news now..

147lothian
01-06-2015, 08:52 AM
I was never a fan of Boyle until his games at the end of the season, against yams and Falkirk he was top drawer, he has real pace which scares defenders, and for me his whole game was starting to come together he was IMO looking more composed and more of an all round a good player, sometimes it does take players time to find their feet, im won over by Boyle I think he would be a good signing

GreenArmyyy!
01-06-2015, 09:14 AM
Not quite sure how the 'development fees' operate but if Dundee want Harris permanently will they not need to pay a fee? If so I am more than happy to swap Boyle with Harris.

CallumLaidlaw
01-06-2015, 09:27 AM
Not quite sure how the 'development fees' operate but if Dundee want Harris permanently will they not need to pay a fee? If so I am more than happy to swap Boyle with Harris.

Its not a case of a development fee. Harris still has 2 years left on his contract.

CockneyRebel
01-06-2015, 09:27 AM

I think Dundee only have to offer Boyle a contract to trigger the development fee - it doesn't matter whether he accepts the deal or not. This is to stop clubs getting a development fee for a player they no longer want. Harris is still under contract so would command a fee/swap deal of some sort anyway. A lot will depend on the fee Dundee ask for Boyle as going to a tribunal is a bit of a lottery.

Oscar T Grouch
01-06-2015, 09:36 AM
I think Dundee only have to offer Boyle a contract to trigger the development fee - it doesn't matter whether he accepts the deal or not. This is to stop clubs getting a development fee for a player they no longer want. Harris is still under contract so would command a fee/swap deal of some sort anyway. A lot will depend on the fee Dundee ask for Boyle as going to a tribunal is a bit of a lottery.

Dundee signed him from Montrose so there's no development fee involved in this case.

J-C
01-06-2015, 09:36 AM

What development fee are you talking about, he only signed for Dundee from Montrose in 2012 :confused:

brog
01-06-2015, 09:47 AM
I thought Boyle was requiring an op that was going to sideline him for months? I'm assuming this can't be true if Dee are offering him a contract. Any update on his injury?

ElginHibbie
01-06-2015, 09:49 AM
I thought Boyle was requiring an op that was going to sideline him for months? I'm assuming this can't be true if Dee are offering him a contract. Any update on his injury?

Sure I saw him Tweet the other day saying he should be able to start training again in about 4 weeks

Geo_1875
01-06-2015, 09:50 AM

He had op 2 weeks ago and is reporting that it went well.

CockneyRebel
01-06-2015, 10:39 AM
What development fee are you talking about, he only signed for Dundee from Montrose in 2012 :confused:

His age when joining Dundee and being under contract for 3 years at Dundee seem to be the trigger for a development fee.

CallumLaidlaw
01-06-2015, 10:52 AM
His age when joining Dundee and being under contract for 3 years at Dundee seem to be the trigger for a development fee.

The development fee appears to be due to Montrose rather than Dundee -

training compensation shall be paid to a player’s training club(s): (1)
when a player signs his first contract as a professional and (2) each
time a professional is transferred until the end of the season of his
23rd birthday. The obligation to pay training compensation arises
whether the transfer takes place during or at the end of the player’s
contract. The provisions concerning training compensation are set out
in Annexe 4 of these regulations.

J-C
01-06-2015, 10:55 AM

He was 19.5 years when he signed for Dundee.

IWasThere2016
06-06-2015, 09:59 PM

That's is why Dees offered terms months ago...

Since90+2
06-06-2015, 10:33 PM
Your right though Hibs are a bigger club by a long long distance

At our level the only thing that matters is the wages we can pay. If we offer £1200 a week and Dundee offer £800 he will sign for us and vice versa.

This bigger club stuff won't come into it.

Ronniekirk
07-06-2015, 06:54 AM
At our level the only thing that matters is the wages we can pay. If we offer £1200 a week and Dundee offer £800 he will sign for us and vice versa.

Think it's clear the Stubbs Facor and the reputation he has gained to date in resurrecting careers of players who had gone down south and weren't playing for their clubs is a key factor in our favour.Also look at Season Stevenson has had .,Some players may well opt to come to a club perceived to be moving in the right direction and enhance their playing career which in turn could make them more money in future if they get a move to a bigger club So it may be that at present we don't have to pay more per week than other Clubs

Since90+2
07-06-2015, 07:25 AM
Think it's clear the Stubbs Facor and the reputation he has gained to date in resurrecting careers of players who had gone down south and weren't playing for their clubs is a key factor in our favour.Also look at Season Stevenson has had .,Some players may well opt to come to a club perceived to be moving in the right direction and enhance their playing career which in turn could make them more money in future if they get a move to a bigger club So it may be that at present we don't have to pay more per week than other Clubs

We are in the Championship. Players are not going to want to play in the second tier of Scottish football for less money than they would get in the top league.

jacomo
07-06-2015, 07:53 AM

For someone like Boyle, who is young and no doubt dreaming of the big time, the coaching and facilities on offer at Hibs might be a factor.

Ronniekirk
07-06-2015, 08:25 AM
We are in the Championship. Players are not going to want to play in the second tier of Scottish football for less money than they would get in the top league.

You may be right ,I am just putting forward another factor that I consider to be influential at the present time and could be something that sways a player if wages weren't that far apart

scoopyboy
07-06-2015, 10:23 AM

Agreed, but what league do they want to play in if the Championship team is offering more money than the top flight team?

Since90+2
07-06-2015, 11:20 AM
Agreed, but what league do they want to play in if the Championship team is offering more money than the top flight team?

I would imagine for the vast majority of players (excluding those who have already made their money from the game) that they would sign for the team who pays them the most.

Thats why I mentioned being a bigger club than Dundee for example won't come into IMO.

J-C
07-06-2015, 01:36 PM

It's not all about what league we are in, it's the vision Stubbs and LD have for the club and whether they as professionals wan't to be part of that vision.

southern hibby
07-06-2015, 02:28 PM
We seen Boyle start to improve as the season went on. Maybe AS and coaching staff are getting the best from Boyle and he recognises this and would like to improve as a player. If this is taken into account by him and AS wants him, he will be here next season.
I really hope Boyle is here next season because as we all seen there was a vast improvement in his play. I for one relish the thought of Boyle still improving and how far AS could take that in a whole season or two.

GGTTH

Since90+2
07-06-2015, 02:31 PM
It's not all about what league we are in, it's the vision Stubbs and LD have for the club and whether they as professionals wan't to be part of that vision.

Sure, the vision Stubbs and Dempster will be a something the players consider, but it won't matter a jot IMO if we offer a player £1000 a week and Premiership club offers £1500.

I think we would probably find out the cash in the players pocket is more important than the management of a clubs future vision.

J-C
07-06-2015, 02:33 PM
Sure, the vision Stubbs and Dempster will be a something the players consider, but it won't matter a jot IMO if we offer a player £1000 a week and Premiership club offers £1500.

I think we would probably find out the cash in the players pocket is more important than the management of a clubs future vision.

I think we can still compete with nearly all the premier outfits apart from Aberdeen and Celtic, we'll still be one of the best payers in Scotland and are still the 5th best supported team.

Since90+2
07-06-2015, 02:38 PM
I think we can still compete with nearly all the premier outfits apart from Aberdeen and Celtic, we'll still be one of the best payers in Scotland and are still the 5th best supported team.

Hopefully :aok:

J-C
07-06-2015, 02:39 PM
Hopefully :aok:

I think the capture of Fyvie on a 2 year deal answers your question, he'll be on what he would get in the premiership and is happy playing in the Championship.

Since90+2
07-06-2015, 02:43 PM
I think the capture of Fyvie on a 2 year deal answers your question, he'll be on what he would get in the premiership and is happy playing in the Championship.

I didn't pose any question about how much we are paying. My original point was in response to someone saying we are a bigger club than Dundee as if that would have a bearing on a players decision to sign with us. I don't think that makes a difference.

I would still expect us to have the 5th biggest playing budget in Scotland.

J-C
07-06-2015, 02:53 PM
I didn't pose any question about how much we are paying. My original point was in response to someone saying we are a bigger club than Dundee as if that would have a bearing on a players decision to sign with us. I don't think that makes a difference.

I would still expect us to have the 5th biggest playing budget in Scotland.

We are a bigger club than Dundee though, we have more to offer than them apart from playing in the premiership. I could guarantee at the end of last season McPake and Thomson would never have signed for them if we had got rid of Butcher straight away and they were wanted here.