PDA

View Full Version : Everything that's wrong with Scottish Football

CallumLaidlaw
29-05-2015, 09:24 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/29/ccba992058291a59062469642685f30c.jpg

Sir David Gray
29-05-2015, 09:26 PM
That actually beggars belief to be honest.

CallumLaidlaw
29-05-2015, 09:28 PM
That actually beggars belief to be honest.

Oh they have also done a rangers one and a "non old firm" one. How nice of them

Pretty Boy
29-05-2015, 09:31 PM
Is anyone really suprised?

CallumLaidlaw
29-05-2015, 09:32 PM

Not in the slightest. Might be nice if Falkirk and ICT were the focus but not much chance of that eh

Bostonhibby
29-05-2015, 09:37 PM
Have the rangers ever made a Scottish cup final?

There was a team with a similar name that won quite a few but they voluntarily liquidated to avoid their creditors. Their cup history is no different to third lanarks these days.

Sir David Gray
29-05-2015, 09:56 PM

How can they have done one for Sevco when the furthest they've gone in the Scottish Cup during their three years of existence is the semi finals? :confused:

GreenArmyyy!
29-05-2015, 09:59 PM

I actually am to be honest, that is staggering.

hibees 7062
29-05-2015, 10:02 PM

No even a wee bit

Andy74
29-05-2015, 10:14 PM
Glasgow paper has some Scottish Cup themed articles around Scottish Cup day based on Glasgow teams? Let's not get carried away. Most of their readers won't give two craps about the teams playing this final. That's fair enough.

If you look at their website this isn't on the main pages. There are some articles about the actual final though.

lord bunberry
29-05-2015, 11:05 PM
Glasgow paper has some Scottish Cup themed articles around Scottish Cup day based on Glasgow teams? Let's not get carried away. Most of their readers won't give two craps about the teams playing this final. That's fair enough.

If you look at their website this isn't on the main pages. There are some articles about the actual final though.
They don't really want to be looked at as a Glasgow paper though and stuff like this isn't helping them.

DH1875
30-05-2015, 07:34 AM
To be honest, I'd forgot the cup final was this weekend until I seen this thread. With most of the media hype you'd think there is only one game on this weekend and that's the rangers vs motherwell game.
How's ticket sales looking for the cup final?

green&left
30-05-2015, 07:38 AM
To be honest, I'd forgot the cup final was this weekend until I seen this thread. With most of the media hype you'd think there is only one game on this weekend and that's the rangers vs motherwell game.
How's ticket sales looking for the cup final?

18k for Falkirk and 9k for ICT.

Scottie
30-05-2015, 07:45 AM
27 k for a Scottish Cup Final is embarrassing but I hope the fans of both teams have a great day out.

Just wish it was us there today. :aok:

3pm
30-05-2015, 08:15 AM
Can't wait for our six of the best.

Nando™
30-05-2015, 08:15 AM
27 k for a Scottish Cup Final is embarrassing but I hope the fans of both teams have a great day out.

Why? :confused:

superfurryhibby
30-05-2015, 08:22 AM

Add the corporate and maybe call it 35,000. Not too shoddy if you consider the combined population of the two towns? Personally, I'm way more embarrassed by the media's Hun worship and the continued lack of action over the Rangers fans sectarian singing.

Agree with wishing it was us though. Hoping for an Inverness win, mostly because I like Yogi and dislike the jambo fud.

Gatecrasher
30-05-2015, 08:45 AM

I think thats a great turnout considering the teams involved.

mjhibby
30-05-2015, 09:06 AM
Add the corporate and maybe call it 35,000. Not too shoddy if you consider the combined population of the two towns? Personally, I'm way more embarrassed by the media's Hun worship and the continued lack of action over the Rangers fans sectarian singing.

Agree with wishing it was us though. Hoping for an Inverness win, mostly because I like Yogi and dislike the jambo fud.

We need to remember that outside Glasgow,Edinburgh,aberdeen and dundee most cities have very small populations and if the final is between the likes of caley and Falkirk then getting a crowd of 35,000 is not too shabby. If Hibs hertz or the Dons were in the final, no doubt it would be a sell out but they are not in it so it won't be. It's only annoying for me that people bang on about it. Until there is a truly competitive spl then the crowds outside the big boys will never increase. We are a population of less than 5m lest we forget

mjhibby
30-05-2015, 09:07 AM
Btw do you think yogi will be bemoaning the crowd if he lifts the cup. I doubt it very much.

GreenArmyyy!
30-05-2015, 09:32 AM

18k is a tremendous effort for a town with a population of around 40,000.

Scottie
30-05-2015, 10:00 AM
Why? :confused:
Because it is the National showpiece game of the Scottish calander . A half empty stadium is an embarrassment when football fans over the world are looking in. IMHO.

Even at the reduced ticket prices the SFA will have failed to get the neutral fan to bother making an effort to go to the game.

Pretty Boy
30-05-2015, 10:01 AM
I think thats a great turnout considering the teams involved.

Yep 18K tickets sold by Falkirk is a great effort. Thought ICT would have sold a few more tbh.

Ok there will be a lot of neutrals there and a few folk just along for the day out with their mates but that won't matter a jot to either clubs real fans if they win.

jodjam
30-05-2015, 10:03 AM
Anything above 25k is a great effort by both sets of fans

emerald green
30-05-2015, 10:04 AM
Today's Scottish Cup final just seems pretty small-time compared to the FA Cup final.

Anyway, good luck to ICT & Yogi Hughes. Hope they win their first ever Scottish Cup.

It will be interesting to see if Houston / Falkirk "park the bus" like they did against Hibs. If they do, I hope ICT score early doors and go on to hammer them.

Pretty Boy
30-05-2015, 10:05 AM
Because it is the National showpiece game of the Scottish calander . A half empty stadium is an embarrassment when football fans over the world are looking in. IMHO.

Even at the reduced ticket prices the SFA will have failed to get the neutral fan to bother making an effort to go to the game.

I don't really see why a neutral would want to go. It's a cup final not involving my team so I have no inclination to travel to Glasgow to watch it. Whilst there will undoubtedly be neutrals there I don't see the appeal. I'm sure a lot of folk feel the same, as opposed to the SFA failing to get fans along.

Baader
30-05-2015, 10:09 AM
Poor, poor stuff from The Herald. That's embarrassing

Nando™
30-05-2015, 10:10 AM

So you think that the stadium should be filled no matter what? I find that ridiculous.

Also, you get embarrassed easily, by very silly things.

emerald green
30-05-2015, 10:12 AM

I don't think very many neutrals attend football matches these days. Certainly not in the large numbers in days gone bye anyway. These days have gone, even for so-called showpiece games like the Scottish Cup final.

I was reading this morning that the attendance at the 1975 Scottish Cup final between Celtic and Airdrie was 75,457.

Scottie
30-05-2015, 10:17 AM
So you think that the stadium should be filled no matter what? I find that ridiculous.

Also, you get embarrassed easily, by very silly things.
I'm easily embarrassed Nando that's why I support our wonderful club . :aok: :greengrin

Fwiw I think it's a great achievement by both sets of fans but it still won't look good on the Scottish game to see a half empty stadium on TV.

NAE NOOKIE
30-05-2015, 11:45 AM
Today's Scottish Cup final just seems pretty small-time compared to the FA Cup final.

Anyway, good luck to ICT & Yogi Hughes. Hope they win their first ever Scottish Cup.

It will be interesting to see if Houston / Falkirk "park the bus" like they did against Hibs. If they do, I hope ICT score early doors and go on to hammer them.

It is small time compared to the FA cup final. The only thing I just don't get is why people feel the need to draw comparisons, this weekend or for any other games. If I lived in Glasgow I would definitely go along to support the final, but it doesn't look like the weegies have that attitude, football loving city my backside.

Anyway ..... here's a bit of perspective:

Scottish cup final: ICT from Inverness ( Pop 60,000 ) v Falkirk ( Pop 34,000 )

FA cup final: Arsenal from North London ( Pop 4,700,000 ) v Aston Villa from Birmingham ( Pop 1,085,000 )

The division 2 championship play off final 2015: Southend ( Pop 170,000 ) v Wycombe Wanderers from High Wycombe ( Pop 120,000 ) .... attendance 38,000. If Southend was in Scotland it would be our 4th biggest city in front of Dundee.

superfurryhibby
30-05-2015, 11:51 AM
I'm easily embarrassed Nando that's why I support our wonderful club . :aok: :greengrin

Fwiw I think it's a great achievement by both sets of fans but it still won't look good on the Scottish game to see a half empty stadium on TV.

But it won't be half empty , it will be 2/3 full. Hampden holds c50,000 and the expected crowd is 35.000!

Carheenlea
30-05-2015, 11:55 AM
27,000 fans will be having an absolutely brilliant time, enjoying the excitement, anticipation and build up of a Scottish Cup Final on a sunny May Saturday. Cold beer never tastes so good as those before a Cup Final. I won`t be watching, and don`t really care who wins, but not going to deny that I envy every fan at Hampden today. Hopefully we can get back there soon.

Scottie
30-05-2015, 12:49 PM
But it won't be half empty , it will be 2/3 full. Hampden holds c50,000 and the expected crowd is 35.000!
35,000 says who ?

superfurryhibby
30-05-2015, 01:05 PM
35,000 says who ?

Me.

They have sold already sold more than 27,000 to fans. Add the corporate and complimentary and that figure seems about right.

Dundee Utd v Ross County attracted well over 40,000. I can see today's game being close to that in number. Certainly way more than the 25,000 your post predicts.

What makes you think it will be only 25,000?

Billy Whizz
30-05-2015, 05:09 PM
Official crowd was 37,149, pretty decent turn out

liamh2202
30-05-2015, 05:23 PM

If you get embarrassed by this you need to stop worrying so much about what other people think

emerald green
30-05-2015, 06:45 PM
It is small time compared to the FA cup final. The only thing I just don't get is why people feel the need to draw comparisons, this weekend or for any other games. If I lived in Glasgow I would definitely go along to support the final, but it doesn't look like the weegies have that attitude, football loving city my backside.

Anyway ..... here's a bit of perspective:

Scottish cup final: ICT from Inverness ( Pop 60,000 ) v Falkirk ( Pop 34,000 )

FA cup final: Arsenal from North London ( Pop 4,700,000 ) v Aston Villa from Birmingham ( Pop 1,085,000 )

The division 2 championship play off final 2015: Southend ( Pop 170,000 ) v Wycombe Wanderers from High Wycombe ( Pop 120,000 ) .... attendance 38,000. If Southend was in Scotland it would be our 4th biggest city in front of Dundee.

I'm not sure why you don't get it. I thought this was a messageboard to chat about Hibs and football in general? I simply had an opinion and posted accordingly. What you maybe really meant was not that you don't get it, it's more that you don't like it?

Posters make comparisons about all sorts of stuff on this forum - teams, managers, players, stadia, and so on. What's so different about this?

I'm well aware that the respective populations in England and Scotland differ greatly and in fact, pro-rata, I've heard that attendances at football matches in Scotland is quite good compared to some other countries with larger populations.

Mr White
30-05-2015, 06:49 PM

Great turn out. Well done yogi and russell. Suck it up Houston.

Sir David Gray
30-05-2015, 06:54 PM
I don't really see why a neutral would want to go. It's a cup final not involving my team so I have no inclination to travel to Glasgow to watch it. Whilst there will undoubtedly be neutrals there I don't see the appeal. I'm sure a lot of folk feel the same, as opposed to the SFA failing to get fans along.

:agree: I don't have the slightest inclination to go to any Scottish football match that doesn't involve Hibs.

Scottie
30-05-2015, 06:56 PM
If you get embarrassed by this you need to stop worrying so much about what other people think
Maybe your right.

You always seem to be right in your opinion. :aok:

liamh2202
30-05-2015, 07:02 PM
Maybe your right.

You always seem to be right in your opinion. :aok:

Surely everyone thinks their opinion is right? Otherwise it would be a silly opinion to have? ;)

jabis
30-05-2015, 07:06 PM

Your all heart x

Scottie
30-05-2015, 07:12 PM
Surely everyone thinks their opinion is right? Otherwise it would be a silly opinion to have? ;)
yeah ha we finally agree on something :greengrin

Your all heart x

Cheers bud :aok:

Betty Boop
30-05-2015, 07:26 PM

Heard 100 went from the Tor.

emerald green
30-05-2015, 07:30 PM
Heard 100 went from the Tor.

I thought I saw a green and white flag/banner in the ICT end. Or am I imagining things or need my eyes tested?

Betty Boop
30-05-2015, 07:34 PM
I thought I saw a green and white flag/banner in the ICT end. Or am I imagining things or need my eyes tested?

A good few Hibbys there and at least one Jambo ! lol

NAE NOOKIE
30-05-2015, 07:37 PM
I'm not sure why you don't get it. I thought this was a messageboard to chat about Hibs and football in general? I simply had an opinion and posted accordingly. What you maybe really meant was not that you don't get it, it's more that you don't like it?

Posters make comparisons about all sorts of stuff on this forum - teams, managers, players, stadia, and so on. What's so different about this?

I'm well aware that the respective populations in England and Scotland differ greatly and in fact, pro-rata, I've heard that attendances at football matches in Scotland is quite good compared to some other countries with larger populations.

I think most folk would accept not getting it and not liking it as one and the same in the context I used it.

emerald green
30-05-2015, 07:43 PM
A good few Hibbys there and at least one Jambo ! lol

I was really chuffed for Yogi.

He was also very gracious in his remarks after the final whistle where he said Falkirk were the better team in the second half. Unlike the way Houston spoke about Hibs after the semi final.

Football really is a funny old game. Butcher leaves ICT, and he takes Hibs down. Yogi leaves Hibs, goes to ICT (via Hartlepool was it? - can't remember) and he wins the Scottish Cup.

jodjam
30-05-2015, 07:44 PM
Having a beer in Inverness bar just now. It's like final never happened. Just Huns going on about tomorrow. Guess city will erupt when fans return

emerald green
30-05-2015, 07:45 PM
I think most folk would accept not getting it and not liking it as one and the same in the context I used it.

Thanks for clearing that up. Just wondering why you don't like it.

liamh2202
30-05-2015, 07:50 PM
Having a beer in Inverness bar just now. It's like final never happened. Just Huns going on about tomorrow. Guess city will erupt when fans return

And in one post you have nailed exactly what is wrong with Scottish football.. I hope it does liven up later for you but I wouldn't hold my breath.

SquashedFrogg
30-05-2015, 08:10 PM
:agree: I don't have the slightest inclination to go to any Scottish football match that doesn't involve Hibs.

Not done so much in the last few years but me and some mates used to pick an end of season promotion / cup final match and really enjoy it. Soak up the atmosphere and appreciate what football means to people.

Clearly it's not the same as watching Hibs win, but as 'football fans' it's a great experience...

*I even ran on the pitch at Brockville once when Falkirk won the league!!*

Good for the footballing soul IMO

jabis
30-05-2015, 08:12 PM
And in one post you have nailed exactly what is wrong with Scottish football.. I hope it does liven up later for you but I wouldn't hold my breath.

All the Inverness fans are coming back from Glasgow !!??!!

mca
30-05-2015, 08:13 PM

Hopefully some of the Local Kids will Now Want to Go and Watch ICT after Today... but...

Betty Boop
30-05-2015, 08:19 PM
I was really chuffed for Yogi.

He was also very gracious in his remarks after the final whistle where he said Falkirk were the better team in the second half. Unlike the way Houston spoke about Hibs after the semi final.

Football really is a funny old game. Butcher leaves ICT, and he takes Hibs down. Yogi leaves Hibs, goes to ICT (via Hartlepool was it? - can't remember) and he wins the Scottish Cup.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/30/6a227996443d1e8b7065f21a30dd5e14.jpg

liamh2202
30-05-2015, 08:20 PM

No I meant the fact you sit in a pub at the far end of the country and your still surrounded by glory hunting bigots..

liamh2202
30-05-2015, 08:20 PM

Brilliant,, delighted for the big guy

jdships
30-05-2015, 08:22 PM

Pretty good turnout when it was two "provincial" clubs involved :thumbsup:

Population of Inverness approx 55000
Population of Falkirk approx 33000

SquashedFrogg
30-05-2015, 08:34 PM
Brilliant,, delighted for the big guy

That's what it's all about! :aok::agree:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
30-05-2015, 08:40 PM
Pretty good turnout when it was two "provincial" clubs involved :thumbsup:

Population of Inverness approx 55000
Population of Falkirk approx 33000

:agree:

Andy74
30-05-2015, 08:40 PM

I'm not going to comment until they are all back.

jodjam
30-05-2015, 08:49 PM
I'm not going to comment until they are all back.

Filtering back in now but I had to change pubs as the gers polo taps on sale behind bar were annoying me. I'm just working up here today so making mistakes in the pubs I choose

NAE NOOKIE
30-05-2015, 09:18 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. Just wondering why you don't like it.

I don't like it when its a negative comparison as regards, standard of football, stadiums or attendances .... its utterly unfair.

liamh2202
30-05-2015, 09:20 PM
Filtering back in now but I had to change pubs as the gers polo taps on sale behind bar were annoying me. I'm just working up here today so making mistakes in the pubs I choose

Sounds like a proper dive 😁

superfurryhibby
30-05-2015, 10:16 PM
35,000 says who ?

:na na:

37,000 not bad really.

Well done to Inverness. Pleased for Yogi.

emerald green
31-05-2015, 10:54 AM

Thanks for posting that. Absolutely brilliant. :aok:

snooky
31-05-2015, 12:05 PM

Sadly, probably same scenario in every city, town & village in Scotland.

Betty Boop
31-05-2015, 02:04 PM
Thanks for posting that. Absolutely brilliant. :aok:
Yea aren't the twins his double ? :greengrin