PDA

View Full Version : James Keatings Leaves Hearts.

Thecat23
29-05-2015, 03:41 PM
Just seen that James Keatings has left. Would anyone want him here? Personally I'd take him in a heartbeat and don't think he was given a chance by potter or Neilson.

O'Rourke3
29-05-2015, 03:46 PM
Great goals vs time on the pitch ratio

NadeAteMyLunch!
29-05-2015, 03:51 PM
Yes. Every jambo I know is annoyed about this

Greenworld
29-05-2015, 03:55 PM
Would be great addition to get us out of championship

Libby Hibby
29-05-2015, 03:58 PM
100% Yes...great wee penalty box striker

Diclonius
29-05-2015, 04:00 PM
Would sign in a heartbeat. He's a finisher with a proven track record at this level - exactly what we need.

Big_Franck
29-05-2015, 04:01 PM
I've barely seen him play so its hard to say, his goals to games ratio is good though.

If Stubbs thinks he could do a job then i'd trust his judgement.

KeithTheHibby
29-05-2015, 04:04 PM
We have 4 strikers all under contract for next season. I don't think that's an area Stubbs will look to strengthen unless he happens to move one on.

Smartie
29-05-2015, 04:14 PM
We have 4 strikers all under contract for next season. I don't think that's an area Stubbs will look to strengthen unless he happens to move one on.

Whilst I accept that this is not just down to the strikers, it was our primarily our performances in the final third in our biggest games that have cost us promotion and a place in a Scottish Cup final.

I'd be amazed if this wasn't an area Stubbs was looking at (in spite of the fact that we might seem on the face of it well-equipped in this area.)

Steve20
29-05-2015, 04:19 PM

We are in desperate need for a striker that can score at a better goals to chances ratio.

Thecat23
29-05-2015, 04:19 PM

We will defo sign a striker. I think one of them will move on!

Billy Whizz
29-05-2015, 04:25 PM
We will defo sign a striker. I think one of them will move on!

Think we'd like to move on Djedje is my info

easty
29-05-2015, 04:26 PM

I hope so.

GreenPJ
29-05-2015, 04:26 PM
I would take him - especially if he has pace.

HappyHibby93
29-05-2015, 04:28 PM
Swapping Dje Dje for Keatings would be an excellent bit of buisness by hibs

B.H.F.C
29-05-2015, 04:29 PM

I'd imagine that's right. He hardly figured in the last couple of months.

GlasgowHibee
29-05-2015, 04:29 PM
A front two of Keatings and Cummings with Allan in behind, that's a strike force that'd win a league.

NadeAteMyLunch!
29-05-2015, 04:31 PM
A front two of Keatings and Cummings with Allan in behind, that's a strike force that'd win a league.

Would be very pleasing if two ex Jambos got the goals to win us the league as well.

Billy Whizz
29-05-2015, 04:32 PM
Just seen that James Keatings has left. Would anyone want him here? Personally I'd take him in a heartbeat and don't think he was given a chance by potter or Neilson.

Thought he had another year left, have they agreed a termination?

Thecat23
29-05-2015, 04:33 PM
Yeah he's officially left the club.

Colr
29-05-2015, 04:36 PM
100% Yes...great wee penalty box striker

Definitely what we need.

NadeAteMyLunch!
29-05-2015, 04:37 PM
Hamilton might go back in for him?

SunshineOnLeith
29-05-2015, 04:42 PM
Would rather stick with Cummings, Malonga and Farid supplemented by youth if necessary than spend another first team wage on a striker. Genuinely baffled by the criticism our strikers get on here.

greenginger
29-05-2015, 04:44 PM
Thought he had another year left, have they agreed a termination?

I'm sure they said he was free to go if he could find another club. If he has left without a definite destination they must have given him something.

Surely not Potter and Co. admitting a footballing error of judgement.

lord bunberry
29-05-2015, 04:45 PM
I hope Stubbs is aiming a bit higher than a cast off from hearts that couldn't get a game ahead of the fattest footballer I've ever seen.

liamh2202
29-05-2015, 04:47 PM
I hope Stubbs is aiming a bit higher than a cast off from hearts that couldn't get a game ahead of the fattest footballer I've ever seen.

Very narrow minded view. By the way that fat footballer scored his fair share of goals in a team that won the league.. Wouldn't turn your nose up too quickly

lord bunberry
29-05-2015, 04:51 PM
Very narrow minded view. By the way that fat footballer scored his fair share of goals in a team that won the league.. Wouldn't turn your nose up too quickly

Its not narrow minded, if he's not good enough for them why would he be good enough for us?

ManBearPig
29-05-2015, 04:52 PM
Keatings would be a welcome addition.

Thecat23
29-05-2015, 04:52 PM
I'm sure they said he was free to go if he could find another club. If he has left without a definite destination they must have given him something.

Surely not Potter and Co. admitting a footballing error of judgement.

Error is letting him go IMO. He's a good box striker and they maybe think they can bring in another man mountain! Potters teams are always full of cloggers.

Thecat23
29-05-2015, 04:53 PM
Its not narrow minded, if he's not good enough for them why would he be good enough for us?

What about Jason Cummings? Sometimes teams make mistakes and let players go who then go do well.

stoneyburn hibs

Cummings

Jim44
The Jambos are generally disappointed that Keatings has left but excited that a quality striker must be waiting in the wings to replace him. :rolleyes: They reckon that ICT and Killie are talking to him.

brog
29-05-2015, 04:54 PM
Would rather stick with Cummings, Malonga and Farid supplemented by youth if necessary than spend another first team wage on a striker. Genuinely baffled by the criticism our strikers get on here.

Agreed!! Our 19 year old striker scores far more goals than any of the Yams & he receives scant credit. The strikers are blamed for a semi-final loss when one player was obviously culpable for the goal we lost. If that player had been Lewis Stevenson or Paul Hanlon he would have been slaughtered on here.
I'm not advocating that player should have been given a hard time but it really irks me that our home-grown players always get far more criticism than someone who's been at ER for 5 minutes.

liamh2202
29-05-2015, 04:55 PM

Maybe because they play hoofball.? Look at the players that weren't good enough for us but are good enough for other spl teams. Sometimes it suits sometimes it doesn't

liamh2202
29-05-2015, 04:56 PM
Agreed!! Our 19 year old striker scores far more goals than any of the Yams & he receives scant credit. The strikers are blamed for a semi-final loss when one player was obviously culpable for the goal we lost. If that player had been Lewis Stevenson or Paul Hanlon he would have been slaughtered on here.
I'm not advocating that player should have been given a hard time but it really irks me that our home-grown players always get far more criticism than someone who's been at ER for 5 minutes.

I agree with all of this, we should always be on the lookout to improve as well

brog
29-05-2015, 04:59 PM

There are countless examples of players being deemed not good enough for one club who've gone on to be a star elsewhere. I remember a certain Alan Gordon being surplus to requirements at PBS. No Hibs striker since him has equalled his goals to game ratio!

Andy74
29-05-2015, 05:00 PM
Barely noticed him. No idea why so many are keen?

mentalhibee
29-05-2015, 05:03 PM

Heard he's got an attitude problem, doesn't apply himself well in training or reserve games.

liamh2202
29-05-2015, 05:03 PM

I'm not especially keen for keetings as I haven't seen much of him. But I am keen that we look at all options to improve.

liamh2202
29-05-2015, 05:04 PM
Heard he's got an attitude problem, doesn't apply himself well in training or reserve games.

Sounds like a perfect fit for us already 😁

lord bunberry
29-05-2015, 05:10 PM
What about Jason Cummings? Sometimes teams make mistakes and let players go who then go do well.

Cummings has never played for hearts

Thecat23
29-05-2015, 05:13 PM
Cummings has never played for hearts

He was let go by Hearts as the management didn't think he'd make it! By you're logic no team would ever go for a player that's been let go.

hfc rd
29-05-2015, 05:18 PM
Not seen much of him. But if Alan Stubbs was to sign him, then he gets my full backing.

lord bunberry
There are countless examples of players being deemed not good enough for one club who've gone on to be a star elsewhere. I remember a certain Alan Gordon being surplus to requirements at PBS. No Hibs striker since him has equalled his goals to game ratio!

If there's countless examples why do you have to go back to the 70s to find one? Other than players released by Celtic or the huns there's very few examples of players being released by Scottish clubs who go onto to bigger things. Leighton would be one, there aren't many more.

lord bunberry
He was let go by Hearts as the management didn't think he'd make it! By you're logic no team would ever go for a player that's been let go.

No he wasnt

Thecat23
29-05-2015, 05:23 PM
No he wasnt

If I have that wrong then happy to be corrected. Can you explain what happened? Not being cheeky but what I was told was he wasn't rated after picking up an injury and then let go.

lord bunberry
29-05-2015, 05:27 PM
If I have that wrong then happy to be corrected. Can you explain what happened? Not being cheeky but what I was told was he wasn't rated after picking up an injury and then let go.

I was told that he was let go because of the injury. His dad is a taxi driver.

Thecat23
29-05-2015, 05:31 PM

They deemed him not good enough after picking up the injury. His dad my offer a slightly biased story though?

Scooter
29-05-2015, 05:50 PM
They deemed him not good enough after picking up the injury. His dad my offer a slightly biased story though?

I'd defo take him. Was he not one of their top scorers with out him hardly kicking a ball

Thecat23
29-05-2015, 05:55 PM
I'd defo take him. Was he not one of their top scorers with out him hardly kicking a ball

He was yeah!

My_Wife_Camille
29-05-2015, 07:22 PM
Scored goals for the team that won this league. Simple as that

hibees 7062
29-05-2015, 07:22 PM

And they didn't want to pay for it

NadeAteMyLunch!
29-05-2015, 07:28 PM
If there's countless examples why do you have to go back to the 70s to find one? Other than players released by Celtic or the huns there's very few examples of players being released by Scottish clubs who go onto to bigger things. Leighton would be one, there aren't many more.

A glaringly obvious one is us letting go off Paul Hartley for him to then come back and haunt us time and time again with Hearts. What's to stop Keetings doing the same in reverse? It happens

brog
29-05-2015, 07:32 PM

I quoted Alan Gordon because he was a Yam who went on to play for Hibs, ie similar to what some folk are suggesting re Keatings. And there are countless examples as I said. I was talking in general, not your newly developed criteria of Scottish clubs except the OF.

HIBERNIAN-0762
29-05-2015, 07:35 PM
Makes you wonder just what's going on in yam lala land, I think they are getting way ahead of themselves, the talk about pushing for Europe in the papers today had me in stitches.

itslegaltender
29-05-2015, 07:42 PM
Djedje hasnt really had much of a chance with us. Would like to see him get a run of games, not sure though who would be best to partner with.

lord bunberry
29-05-2015, 07:44 PM
I quoted Alan Gordon because he was a Yam who went on to play for Hibs, ie similar to what some folk are suggesting re Keatings. And there are countless examples as I said. I was talking in general, not your newly developed criteria of Scottish clubs except the OF.
I realise you were talking in general, but I was pointing out that at our level it's a rare occurrence. It does happen but % wise it's more likely it won't.

lord bunberry
29-05-2015, 07:45 PM
A glaringly obvious one is us letting go off Paul Hartley for him to then come back and haunt us time and time again with Hearts. What's to stop Keetings doing the same in reverse? It happens
It does happen just not very often.

West hamBERNIAN
29-05-2015, 07:53 PM
Like a few folks have said I'll back whatever Stubbs thinks is right for us. I've not seen much of him but I've never been impressed from what I have seen Tbh. Judging on the signings Stubbs has made I wouldn't be surprised to see players coming in from further afield. For whatever reason it hasn't worked out for Frank but I'm sure that won't put Stubbs off.

Pete
29-05-2015, 07:57 PM
Don't think I've ever seen him play. Is he a goalie?

NadeAteMyLunch!
29-05-2015, 07:59 PM
In talks with Killie apparently

West hamBERNIAN
29-05-2015, 08:01 PM
Adam eckerlsy just tweeting saying he's not suprised he's left hearts, top pro and player who needs game time. Fyi I don't follow that Jake.

NadeAteMyLunch!
29-05-2015, 08:02 PM
Hearts, as always, are getting completely ahead of themselves. They are about to bring in 4 Spanish boys apparently. Pallardo has told them all how great a club he's at [emoji57]

greenginger
29-05-2015, 08:14 PM
Hearts, as always, are getting completely ahead of themselves. They are about to bring in 4 Spanish boys apparently. Pallardo has told them all how great a club he's at [emoji57]

Did Pallardo ever get cleared of the match fixing allegations ?

NadeAteMyLunch!
29-05-2015, 09:07 PM

No idea. No need to worry about wee minor things like that at Hertz anyway

Bostonhibby
29-05-2015, 09:17 PM
Nothing to see there, it's not as if you are required to register match fixing like say, sex offenders for example.

Libby Hibby
29-05-2015, 10:07 PM
In talks with Killie apparently

Makes sense, Locke was probably behind him signing for hearts prior to him getting the boot.

Mr White
30-05-2015, 06:55 AM
Makes sense, Locke was probably behind him signing for hearts prior to him getting the boot.

Now now anne budge may be a jambo but there's no need to call her a boot :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
30-05-2015, 09:11 AM
Don't think we need him - we've got the leagues top scorer and third (?) top scorer even though he was away for 6 weeks plus the guy that was signed to be our top scorer all on the books.

We need to sign someone that can put more chances on a plate for those guys.

Signing this guy won't solve that problem.

J-C
30-05-2015, 09:18 AM

4 strikers who botted it in 2 of the biggest games of our season, not to mention the multiple chances missed in other games which cost us quite a few points into the bargain. We are crying out for a poacher near the goal, none of the 4 we have are like that.

Greenworld
30-05-2015, 09:36 AM
I agree

Allant1981
30-05-2015, 09:52 AM
4 strikers who botted it in 2 of the biggest games of our season, not to mention the multiple chances missed in other games which cost us quite a few points into the bargain. We are crying out for a poacher near the goal, none of the 4 we have are like that.

I would say we have a poacher in cummings

500miles
30-05-2015, 10:02 AM
We need someone who can ping a ball from outside the box. Rangers knew that they could sit deep, put pressure on in and around the box and we'd struggle to get clean shots away.

If we had someone who could strike a ball from 20 odd yards out, Cummings and Malonga would have had much more space.

J-C
30-05-2015, 10:04 AM
I would say we have a poacher in cummings

Farid is a hold up striker, Malonga comes deep and is more like a no.10, Djedje is a comverted winger and Jason is still learning and plays more of a complete strikers role, we don't have that natural poacher like John Robertson who can be in the right place to put the ball in the net, how many times did we see the ball flashing across goal with no one there to tap it in.

Danderhall Hibs
30-05-2015, 11:22 AM
We need someone who can ping a ball from outside the box. Rangers knew that they could sit deep, put pressure on in and around the box and we'd struggle to get clean shots away.

If we had someone who could strike a ball from 20 odd yards out, Cummings and Malonga would have had much more space.

Spot on.

IberianHibernian
30-05-2015, 05:30 PM
Did Pallardo ever get cleared of the match fixing allegations ?No but seems to be a slow process . Seems to be a lot of evidence of Zaragoza players having money paid into their accounts then all taking it out a few days before match . Several examples of Levante players ( Pallardo`s team ) not spending much money over the summer but reasons for that may be hard to prove . Slow process but authorities seem to be insisting on keeping investigations going and prison sentences of up to 4 years possible . If he`s at Hearts for another year I doubt it`ll affect him then . Interesting that a lot of the players under suspicion seem to have left Spain .

West hamBERNIAN
30-05-2015, 06:13 PM

Riordan? 😘

green day
31-05-2015, 06:31 AM
No but seems to be a slow process . Seems to be a lot of evidence of Zaragoza players having money paid into their accounts then all taking it out a few days before match . Several examples of Levante players ( Pallardo`s team ) not spending much money over the summer but reasons for that may be hard to prove . Slow process but authorities seem to be insisting on keeping investigations going and prison sentences of up to 4 years possible . If he`s at Hearts for another year I doubt it`ll affect him then . Interesting that a lot of the players under suspicion seem to have left Spain .

Its odd, the Jambo's in my work all salivate about pallardo, but I really can't remember him influencing any of the derbies?

Maybe I am too busy watching hibs players, or he plays a more "unseen work" type of role?

Danderhall Hibs
31-05-2015, 07:23 AM
Its odd, the Jambo's in my work all salivate about pallardo, but I really can't remember him influencing any of the derbies?

Maybe I am too busy watching hibs players, or he plays a more "unseen work" type of role?

He does loads of fouling. They love that type of player.

Thecat23
01-06-2015, 01:25 PM
Nice to see Stubbs take my advice 😎

lord bunberry
01-06-2015, 01:33 PM
Nice to see Stubbs taken my advice 
And not listened to mine :greengrin

Thecat23
01-06-2015, 01:33 PM
And not listened to mine :greengrin

[emoji16]

GlasgowHibee
01-06-2015, 01:58 PM
Think I was first to call it, great signing.

Phil MaGlass
01-06-2015, 02:22 PM
just read through the whol;e thread again one or two eating humbnle pie I would say, but loved the comments of talking to Killie, have him here in a heartbeat etc....
Good stuff, didnae see that one coming.
Get yir season tickets bought.

GreenArmyyy!
01-06-2015, 02:34 PM

We heard the same about Fyvie and Allan before they arrived as well, they turned out fine. I'm sure Stubbs wouldn't have signed him if he didn't think he could manage him.

Keith_M
01-06-2015, 02:38 PM
I wonder who's all leaving?

Just a feeling but I think we might lose both Dje-Dje and Malonga.

Aldo
01-06-2015, 02:41 PM
Nice to see Stubbs take my advice dde0e

You can give him the photo back now?? ;-)

Aldo
01-06-2015, 02:42 PM
I wonder who's all leaving? Just a feeling but I think we might lose both Dje-Dje and Malonga.

Can see it being one of those. Don't think Farid will be off ski.

Unless we are preparing for life without Jason??

BSEJVT
01-06-2015, 02:43 PM
I would be gutted to lose Malonga

I think Malonga's ability to hold the ball up and link the play is hugely under rated.

I also think his goal return is pretty impressive.

Losing JJ wouldn't bother me and I would rather lose Farid than Jason too, although he does offer us something different.

Paloschi
01-06-2015, 02:46 PM
I wonder who's all leaving?

Just a feeling but I think we might lose both Dje-Dje and Malonga.

I feel Malonga should stay unless a good offer comes in. I really like him.

Dje-Dje is a bit of a mystery, his goal to minutes ratio must be pretty decent. Don't think he is a striker either. Would prefer to keep both.

J-C
01-06-2015, 02:57 PM
Malonga was a last minute signing doe to Farids injury, he wasn't scouted enough before we signed him and although his goal return is good, he can be very moody and lazy at times on the pitch.

Dje dje was brought in as cover for Malonga being away in Africa, he came with a decent pedigree and plays out wide or through the middle, I do think it's taken him a while to settle and unsure as to whether his lack of English has hampered him, he does have a fair bot of pace too.

Farid's importance was shown when he came on against Rangers in the 2nd game, his ability to rough up defenders and make space for others is very important and he has proved he can score a fair amount of goals.

Andy74
01-06-2015, 03:03 PM
Malonga was a last minute signing doe to Farids injury, he wasn't scouted enough before we signed him and although his goal return is good, he can be very moody and lazy at times on the pitch.

Dje dje was brought in as cover for Malonga being away in Africa, he came with a decent pedigree and plays out wide or through the middle, I do think it's taken him a while to settle and unsure as to whether his lack of English has hampered him, he does have a fair bot of pace too.

Farid's importance was shown when he came on against Rangers in the 2nd game, his ability to rough up defenders and make space for others is very important and he has proved he can score a fair amount of goals.

You keep repeating this lack of scouting line.

Stubbs said at the time he had been on the radar for weeks and was looking at a striker before Farid was injured.

He is probably in our top 3 or 4 players. His attitude seems more of an issue with one or two of you as the manager and his team mates seem to have no problem with him.

If Kestings is a proven Championship striker then Malonga certainly is!

J-C
01-06-2015, 03:18 PM
You keep repeating this lack of scouting line.

Stubbs said at the time he had been on the radar for weeks and was looking at a striker before Farid was injured.

He is probably in our top 3 or 4 players. His attitude seems more of an issue with one or two of you as the manager and his team mates seem to have no problem with him.

If Kestings is a proven Championship striker then Malonga certainly is!

He was being looked at yes but due to Farid's injury things had to be pushed through a lot quicker, so his scouting wasn't complete, you understand so far ??

I never said he had an attitude, I said appears moody and lazy at times on the pitch, in future please quote what I actually say not something you think I said, it'll save any hassle. I also never mentioned anything about problems with his team mates, AFAIK he gets on well with the rest of the squad.

Don't know who Kestings is but yes Keatings is a proven striker like Malonga, what my post was about was to show the difference and variation between 3 of our strikers and what they all bring to the table, I'd assume one will leave to make way for Keatings, which one is guess work.

As an aside, please don't turn this into a tit for tat reply, anything like that will be reported to admins, please keep this thread on the subject of Keatings.

hfc rd
01-06-2015, 03:24 PM
Very good signing by Hibs. A proven goalscorer and a player the yams liked and looking at their reaction to us signing their top-goalscorer, they ain't pleased at all!

Thecat23
01-06-2015, 03:28 PM
You can give him the photo back now?? ;-)

Haha do I have too?

Andy74
01-06-2015, 03:36 PM
He was being looked at yes but due to Farid's injury things had to be pushed through a lot quicker, so his scouting wasn't complete, you understand so far ??

I never said he had an attitude, I said appears moody and lazy at times on the pitch, in future please quote what I actually say not something you think I said, it'll save any hassle. I also never mentioned anything about problems with his team mates, AFAIK he gets on well with the rest of the squad.

Don't know who Kestings is but yes Keatings is a proven striker like Malonga, what my post was about was to show the difference and variation between 3 of our strikers and what they all bring to the table, I'd assume one will leave to make way for Keatings, which one is guess work.

As an aside, please don't turn this into a tit for tat reply, anything like that will be reported to admins, please keep this thread on the subject of Keatings.

What a strange reply. If I respond to the points you brought up in the first place you will report it to admins??

Aldo
01-06-2015, 03:37 PM
Haha do I have too?

Keep it for next time!

Hibs History
01-06-2015, 03:39 PM
Some of those puddle-drinkers across in kickback seem CONVINCED that Keatings signing for us means Scott Allan is going to them

:confused:

Yam logic at it's finest

J-C
01-06-2015, 03:40 PM
What a strange reply. If I respond to the points you brought up in the first place you will report it to admins??

No I've had problems with you before on other threads and you do go on and off on a tangent, almost to the point of being personal, I wasn't wanting this thread to be like that, which it is now because I'm replying to you about nothing to do with Keatings.

Andy74
01-06-2015, 03:48 PM
No I've had problems with you before on other threads and you do go on and off on a tangent, almost to the point of being personal, I wasn't wanting this thread to be like that, which it is now because I'm replying to you about nothing to do with Keatings.

Dearly me. You posted about Malonga and I replied.

You then got a bit a bit pissy about the difference in some wording. Laziness and moodiness appear quite different to attitude I suppose.

You also decided to make a deal of a one letter typo.

And you warn me about being personal? No idea why this was needed on this thread.

If you don't want the tangents discussed then maybe go back and delete your post where you introduced those tangents.

J-C
01-06-2015, 03:59 PM
Dearly me. You posted about Malonga and I replied.

You then got a bit a bit pissy about the difference in some wording. Laziness and moodiness appear quite different to attitude I suppose.

You also decided to make a deal of a one letter typo.

And you warn me about being personal? No idea why this was needed on this thread.

If you don't want the tangents discussed then maybe go back and delete your post where you introduced those tangents.

The thread had already gone off in a tangent when people were curious as to who would leave seeing as Keatings had signed and we had too many strikers.

There were many threads on here regarding Malonga's lazy playing and moodiness when he scored, this seemed to change in the last 2-3 games where he was playing fairly well but his attitude on the pitch has been discussed many many times on here.

Picked you up on the typo as you were quick to have a go at me, simple as.

P.S. Don't bother replying as I have now put you on ignore.

Andy74
01-06-2015, 04:07 PM
The thread had already gone off in a tangent when people where curious as to who would leave seeing as Keatings had signed and we had too many strikers.

There were many threads on here regarding Malonga's lazy playing and moodiness when he scored, this seemed to change in the last 2-3 games where he was playing fairly well but his attitude on the pitch has been discussed many many times on here.

Picked you up on the typo as you were quick to have a go at me, simple as.

P.S. Don't bother replying as I have now put you on ignore.

That's good. Strange behaviour like that I could do without.

Thecat23
01-06-2015, 04:17 PM
I like Malonga but he can have a problem with his attitude during games! It's been seen before and I'm not talking about not celebrating. He may well leave and I'm fine with that to be fair.

But if he does stay then I'm fine with that also. Id like to see him put in more effort during games and not just now and then. He could have been top scorer IMO if he had done.

This isn't a dig it's clearly an observation and my opinion before anyone gets carried away!!

Danderhall Hibs
01-06-2015, 05:45 PM
The thread had already gone off in a tangent when people where curious

"Were" curious. :wink:

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-06-2015, 06:51 PM
Anyway!

Deluded yaks over on EEN football forum pure comedy gold at the moment, apparently now he's only a championship player...:rolleyes:

They just can't help being liars...

Thecat23
01-06-2015, 06:55 PM
Anyway!

Deluded yaks over on EEN football forum pure comedy gold at the moment, apparently now he's only a championship player...:rolleyes:

They just can't help being liars...

It's brilliant it really is! Same on Kickback. Like when your 5 and you get a bouncy ball, your mate doesn't have it and you are loving it. Then you lose yours and he buys one and he says it didn't bounce that great anyway while gasping in breath trying not to cry!

HibbyKeith
01-06-2015, 08:25 PM
It's brilliant it really is! Same on Kickback. Like when your 5 and you get a bouncy ball, your mate doesn't have it and you are loving it. Then you lose yours and he buys one and he says it didn't bounce that great anyway while gasping in breath trying not to cry!

Had the same problem when I was 5. Turned out to be a marble. :doh:

B.H.F.C
01-06-2015, 08:33 PM
I like Malonga but he can have a problem with his attitude during games! It's been seen before and I'm not talking about not celebrating. He may well leave and I'm fine with that to be fair.

But if he does stay then I'm fine with that also. Id like to see him put in more effort during games and not just now and then. He could have been top scorer IMO if he had done.

This isn't a dig it's clearly an observation and my opinion before anyone gets carried away!!

I think when Malonga is on his game we are a better team. He's got a great touch and brings others in to the game well.

I don't think it was his attitude that stopped him being top scorer. He only came in 5 games in to the season then missed 6 weeks when he was away to Africa. That said, I do think there are times when he's been completely invisible in games.

Jim44
01-06-2015, 09:22 PM
There are 13 pages of Jambo utterings about their indifference towards our signing of their 'reject'. A united silence would be more convincing. :hmmm:

J-C
01-06-2015, 09:39 PM
"Were" curious. :wink:

Ah! good spot, note to self always check spelling when typing angrily :wink:

The_Horde
02-06-2015, 07:22 AM
There are 13 pages of Jambo utterings about their indifference towards our signing of their 'reject'. A united silence would be more convincing. :hmmm:

"Aye but 5-1"

Bad Martini
02-06-2015, 11:17 AM
**** sake. Everyone's allowed an opinion; nae bother with that...
On a forum based on opinions (Differing), nae bother with that either...
Even revisionism is to be expected

But some folk are just stone radge :na na:

So, we have in Cummings the top (top) scorer in the league and the 4th top scorer in the league with Malonga. Thats not bad. We didnt pay stupid money and we dont pay stupid money for these players. Malonga missed lots of the season due to the international call ups or I'd wager he'd have been even further up that top scorer list.

FFS! Why would we empty either of these? I wondered how long it'd take to blame the forwards. We done the same with ****ing Riordan and O'Connor. Between them they'd scored ****loads and saved our ass - basic physics. You score more than you conceede, you dont lose games. Same rules apply now.

Our problem (notwithstanding the rangers game at Ibrox where our forwards were pretty ****), is not up front. Our problem is losing stupid ****ing goals and it always has been. Fact. Not "hibs.net" fact or something you will be getting a source for....use yer eyes!!

So, lets not talk pish and blame our forwards for our position. Yes, its true, they squandered lots of chances at hunbrox. They didnt let in the goals now did they? I AGREE, 15 corners and 2 or3 shots on target is not good enough. Had Cummings and Malonga not burried so many, we wouldnt be in the position to be moaning about them missing the chances at hunbrox. The TEAM was **** at hunbrox Im afraid...pretty much all of them didnt do what they had all season and that, with some bad luck and an offside miller goal (it was offside) killed us.

If moving anyone on for this laddie, it wouldnt be the league's top and 4th top scorer with anyone who hasnt been labotomised, regardless of perceived "huffyness" and "laziness". As I said, same **** was levelled at Riordan and he was and still is one of the best goalscorers you will see before you die, at Easter Road. Also, a fact. :na na:

Anyways, lets fight aboot it cause we're bringing players IN....FFS, at least lets wait til we empty someone before we start hammering the club with imparted wisdom.

:rolleyes:

Callum_62
02-06-2015, 11:33 AM

So, we have in Cummings the top (top) scorer in the league and the 4th top scorer in the league with Malonga. Thats not bad. We didnt pay stupid money and we dont pay stupid money for these players. Malonga missed lots of the season due to the international call ups or I'd wager he'd have been even further up that top scorer list.

FFS! Why would we empty either of these? I wondered how long it'd take to blame the forwards. We done the same with ****ing Riordan and O'Connor. Between them they'd scored ****loads and saved our ass - basic physics. You score more than you conceede, you dont lose games. Same rules apply now.

Our problem (notwithstanding the rangers game at Ibrox where our forwards were pretty ****), is not up front. Our problem is losing stupid ****ing goals and it always has been. Fact. Not "hibs.net" fact or something you will be getting a source for....use yer eyes!!

So, lets not talk pish and blame our forwards for our position. Yes, its true, they squandered lots of chances at hunbrox. They didnt let in the goals now did they? I AGREE, 15 corners and 2 or3 shots on target is not good enough. Had Cummings and Malonga not burried so many, we wouldnt be in the position to be moaning about them missing the chances at hunbrox. The TEAM was **** at hunbrox Im afraid...pretty much all of them didnt do what they had all season and that, with some bad luck and an offside miller goal (it was offside) killed us.

If moving anyone on for this laddie, it wouldnt be the league's top and 4th top scorer with anyone who hasnt been labotomised, regardless of perceived "huffyness" and "laziness". As I said, same **** was levelled at Riordan and he was and still is one of the best goalscorers you will see before you die, at Easter Road. Also, a fact. :na na:

Anyways, lets fight aboot it cause we're bringing players IN....FFS, at least lets wait til we empty someone before we start hammering the club with imparted wisdom.

:agree: I dont get the Malonga hate

Ozyhibby
02-06-2015, 11:39 AM

I personally feel we did not score enough goals this season and thankfully Alan Stubbs agrees as his first new signing is a striker.

Bad Martini
02-06-2015, 11:54 AM
I personally feel we did not score enough goals this season and thankfully Alan Stubbs agrees as his first new signing is a striker.

You can only make a signing decision depending on who is available when so is this not a matter of timing? I would be rather surprsied if that's the start and end of it...

In addition, by that logic perhaps its more important or telling that Gray extended his deal and Fyvie was signed up before our new striker?

Craig is out the door (was he the most pressing departure?) and Cerny has just followed him, signing for Partick...:aok:

Smartie
02-06-2015, 12:20 PM
I don't think we scored enough goals last season either but I've found it quite hard to put my finger on why. It's way too simplistic just to blame the strikers.

I'd say it was a combination of -

The strikers - sometimes their movement wasn't good enough. And some games we missed bucket loads of chances.
The tactics. We lacked "directness" too often, passing the ball sideways without ever having a cutting edge.
The midfield. We didn't have a scorer from midfield who would get past the strikers.
Width. We relied on the fullbacks for our width, preferring to go without wingers for much of the season. We played too narrow at times.
Set-pieces. We didn't score enough from set-pieces. We sometimes had a lack of height in the box and often the deliveries were poor.
Reluctance to pull the trigger from distance. How many goals did we score from outside the box?
Pace and ability to beat a man. We were too easy to defend against at times, teams could sit deep knowing we didn't have enough players who could do this.

So, in essence, I agree that if we simply took Malonga and Cummings out and replaced them with another 2 strikers we would probably end up having the same problems. But I would say that they were part of the problem at times and that we do need different options up front next year.

What is most encouraging is that our early transfer activity seems to be addressing many of the factors I have mentioned above.

On another note, I find the criticism of the defence a bit strange even though I agree we lost too many silly goals. The consensus seems to be that we're delighted Gray has extended his contract. Most of us are desperate that Fontaine is the next one to extend his stay. Hanlon had a very steady season (as usual) and we want Stevenson to stay after having a very good season. Nobody in their right mind would want to see Forster leave, imo he showed his worth when he got back in the team towards the end of the season (and we missed him when he was out).

So what do we do differently there? Was it all Oxley's fault? Everyone seems to think that Robertson had a good season as a holding midfielder. Did the midfield help the defence enough?

patlowe
02-06-2015, 12:54 PM
I really like what Malonga brings, when he is on it we are 100% a better team. I also think Cummings has huge potential, while Farid gives us a great option when going direct.

However, there is no doubt that despite the number of goals the forwards scored, missed chances really did hold us back at crucial points in the season. There were so many games where we dominated possession and an early goal would have killed the opposition off but we contrived to miss hatloads. How many times did we miss chances in the first half, only to see the opposition gain confidence and nick a goal/points? I think Hearts won so many games by getting that first goal by hook or by crook before going on to steamroller teams.

Both legs of the Rangers game and the Falkirk semi were cases in point. A bit more composure and clinical finishing early on in either tie and we would have gone through relatively comfortably IMO. The Cummings miss at Ibrox was a massive turning point in hindsight. Rangers got the first goal, gained confidence and had something to defend. Vice versa against Motherwell.

As I say, I like the forwards we have, but there's no doubt that we could do with better on the finishing front. If Keatings brings that then I'm happy. What a difference compared to our forward line when we were relegated and what Stubbs inherited. Collins, Heffernan, Vine and a very raw Cummings VS Cummings, Malonga, Keatings and Farid (plus Dje Dje and the kids).

SunshineOnLeith
02-06-2015, 05:36 PM
I'm surprised by the signing of Keatings as, for me, he'd be behind Cummings, Malonga and Farid in the queue. Suspect he's taking Djedje's place in the squad which is fine but can't help but feel there might have been a better use of a first team wage - strikes me as needlessly opportunistic that we've just snapped up someone who's local and been released.

Sergio sledge
02-06-2015, 05:42 PM
All forwards are going to miss chances, ours were more obvious because we were almost wholly reliant on our forwards for goals. The main difference between us and Hearts this season was that our midfield didn't chip in with many goals where they had a couple of midfielders into double figures.

If we can add that then we'll be fine this season. I don't particularly see defence as a massive issue (of course it can get better) as we were second in the league last season.

Scouse Hibee
02-06-2015, 06:22 PM
I'm surprised by the signing of Keatings as, for me, he'd be behind Cummings, Malonga and Farid in the queue. Suspect he's taking Djedje's place in the squad which is fine but can't help but feel there might have been a better use of a first team wage - strikes me as needlessly opportunistic that we've just snapped up someone who's local and been released.

Strikes me as an opportunity to snap up a proven championship goal scorer to improve a team that struggled to put the ball in the net at times last season.

Baldy Foghorn
02-06-2015, 06:28 PM

I don't think he has been brought in to sit on the bench.....

SunshineOnLeith
02-06-2015, 06:36 PM
Strikes me as an opportunity to snap up a proven championship goal scorer to improve a team that struggled to put the ball in the net at times last season.

He scored less goals than Cummings and Malonga. Hibs scored more goals than any other team apart from Hearts.

thebausburst
02-06-2015, 06:40 PM
He scored less goals than Cummings and Malonga. Hibs scored more goals than any other team apart from Hearts.

You've got to look at his goals to game time ratio rather than overall goals haul as he spent the majority of time on the bench. However all (informed) opinion is he's a very good player who will only improve under Stubbs.

Scouse Hibee
02-06-2015, 06:43 PM

So what, he has a very good goals to game ratio and if you don't remember the games when we struggled to score I do. Stubbs thinks he improves the squad and so do I.

SunshineOnLeith
02-06-2015, 06:51 PM
You've got to look at his goals to game time ratio rather than overall goals haul as he spent the majority of time on the bench. However all (informed) opinion is he's a very good player who will only improve under Stubbs.

Goals:Games

Cummings: 21 in 42 (0.5)

Malonga: 16 in 33 (0.48)

Keatings: 11 in 33 (0.33)

Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt he's a good Championship striker. But there's only so many 'first team' salaries to go around and using another one on a striker just strikes me as a bit unneccessary. If there's budget for 4 first team strikers, that's great news!

AlbertK86
02-06-2015, 07:06 PM
Goals:Games Cummings: 21 in 42 (0.5) Malonga: 16 in 33 (0.48) Keatings: 11 in 33 (0.33) Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt he's a good Championship striker. But there's only so many 'first team' salaries to go around and using another one on a striker just strikes me as a bit unneccessary. If there's budget for 4 first team strikers, that's great news!

Game time ratio = time on pitch

Half of his 33 appearances were as sub

Think if somebody has the ability to work out minutes to goals Keatings will be very near the top

Mikey09
02-06-2015, 07:08 PM

Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt he's a good Championship striker. But there's only so many 'first team' salaries to go around and using another one on a striker just strikes me as a bit unneccessary. If there's budget for 4 first team strikers, that's great news!

Keatings made 29 appearances for Hearts... 15 starts and 14 from the bench. Now I don't know how many mins he has played overall but let's say he came on at half time in every one of those sub appearances, (which he wouldn't have as it would be maybe 65th -75th min a sub is used), that would be 22 full games in total. So being very generous with his time on the pitch he has scored every second game. Now that is more than decent.

Andy74
02-06-2015, 07:11 PM

We've got them all just now so good news.

bruno
02-06-2015, 07:14 PM

Think if somebody has the ability to work out minutes to goals Keatings will be very near the top
Keatings will offer you something different.
not as good a finisher as cummings but works much harder and holds ball up well and spreads play quickly.
can work from the wings and just behind striker.
Much more mobile than malonga wuth pace to burn.
certainly will change the final third pace that you attack as I think hibs were fairly laborious in final third last season.
good guy to have around dressing room too so all in all a good addition. My only criticism is if things not going his way on park could get selfish and starts shooting from 25 yards every time he gets ball.
good all round player who fans will love for his effort if nothing else.
Very one footed too.

AlbertK86
02-06-2015, 07:30 PM
Keatings will offer you something different. not as good a finisher as cummings but works much harder and holds ball up well and spreads play quickly. can work from the wings and just behind striker. Much more mobile than malonga wuth pace to burn. certainly will change the final third pace that you attack as I think hibs were fairly laborious in final third last season. good guy to have around dressing room too so all in all a good addition. My only criticism is if things not going his way on park could get selfish and starts shooting from 25 yards every time he gets ball. good all round player who fans will love for his effort if nothing else. Very one footed too.

Delighted to hear he has pace as we have sadly lacked that up front apart from when Boyle played there and as far as I could see Boyle was far more effective out wide

Jack Hackett
02-06-2015, 07:31 PM

James Keatings 132 mins per goal http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/james-keatings/leistungsdaten/spieler/60933/saison/2014/plus/1#gesamt

Dominique Malonga 136 mins per goal http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/dominique-malonga/leistungsdaten/spieler/45532/saison/2014/plus/1#gesamt

Jason Cummings 123 mins per goal http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jason-cummings/leistungsdaten/spieler/209583/saison/2014/plus/1#gesamt

Those are for League games only....click the links if you want more detailed stats.

Top site btw!

Messi is 78 mins per goal in case you were wondering :greengrin

AlbertK86
02-06-2015, 07:46 PM
James Keatings 132 mins per goal http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/james-keatings/leistungsdaten/spieler/60933/saison/2014/plus/1#gesamt Dominique Malonga 136 mins per goal http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/dominique-malonga/leistungsdaten/spieler/45532/saison/2014/plus/1#gesamt Jason Cummings 123 mins per goal http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jason-cummings/leistungsdaten/spieler/209583/saison/2014/plus/1#gesamt Those are for League games only....click the links if you want more detailed stats. Top site btw! Messi is 78 mins per goal in case you were wondering :greengrin

Guid work Jack

Maybe get The boy Messi in as back up 😉👍

AlbertK86
02-06-2015, 07:49 PM
Looks like Mr Keatings is another prankster

All good for squad morale

Hopefully this attachment works

jacomo
03-06-2015, 04:21 PM

I like Malonga too (people have short memories and forget how important his goals were in dragging us up the table after a shaky start) but I don't think it's ridiculous to think that at least one of our current strikers will be away before the end of the summer - and he seems the most likely candidate.

Thecat23
03-06-2015, 04:22 PM
I like Malonga too (people have short memories and forget how important his goals were in dragging us up the table after a shaky start) but I don't think it's ridiculous to think that at least one of our current strikers will be away before the end of the summer - and he seems the most likely candidate.

That's pretty much how I see it too! [emoji106]

bingo70
03-06-2015, 04:27 PM

I think Cummings is most likely to be away. Due to his age and the amount of goals he scored I think he's likely to attract interest. Imo a relatively decent bid and he'll be off.

SunshineOnLeith
03-06-2015, 04:35 PM

I think Djedje is most likely - a signing that just hasn't worked out, it happens.

Smartie
03-06-2015, 06:06 PM
I think Cummings is most likely to be away. Due to his age and the amount of goals he scored I think he's likely to attract interest. Imo a relatively decent bid and he'll be off.

He's also developed a wee habit of getting into bother. Nothing serious (yet) but there are warning signs there.

I'm not saying that this is a reason for us wanting to get rid of him - far from it - but it may be reason that he'd want to leave.

I remember speaking to one of Leigh's mates not long after he joined us and asked if he thought the move would be made permanent. He said "no chance" because of the amount of grief he had to take from Jambos when out and about. He did go on to extend his loan spell a few times right enough though……...

Griffiths, Riordan, O'Connor. Local lads seem to have a habit of attracting more trouble than those from further afield.

I wouldn't blame Cummings if he wanted to escape and get away from a lot of the nonsense that is almost inevitably going to come his way if he stays in Edinburgh over the next few years. He's a young lad and he's going to be out and about - it might be good for him to get away somewhere where he's a bit less recognisable.

sleeping giant
03-06-2015, 06:44 PM
None of our strikers will leave .
We have excellent options up front and it will be a long season if we are winning all 3 cups :greengrin
If we sign a decent defender as well as Fontain I'll be very happy.

What a great feeling. It looks like we are going to try to take the league by the throat .

ancient hibee
03-06-2015, 06:49 PM
None of our strikers will leave .
We have excellent options up front and it will be a long season if we are winning all 3 cups :greengrin
If we sign a decent defender as well as Fontain I'll be very happy.

What a great feeling. It looks like we are going to try to take the league by the throat .

I agree we'll keep our strikers.Have people forgotten that we lost two strikers for long periods last season?

Hibeesmad
03-06-2015, 06:50 PM
He's also developed a wee habit of getting into bother. Nothing serious (yet) but there are warning signs there.

I'm not saying that this is a reason for us wanting to get rid of him - far from it - but it may be reason that he'd want to leave.

I remember speaking to one of Leigh's mates not long after he joined us and asked if he thought the move would be made permanent. He said "no chance" because of the amount of grief he had to take from Jambos when out and about. He did go on to extend his loan spell a few times right enough though……...

Griffiths, Riordan, O'Connor. Local lads seem to have a habit of attracting more trouble than those from further afield.

I wouldn't blame Cummings if he wanted to escape and get away from a lot of the nonsense that is almost inevitably going to come his way if he stays in Edinburgh over the next few years. He's a young lad and he's going to be out and about - it might be good for him to get away somewhere where he's a bit less recognisable.

Most of the time it's our most talented players who get notified in the press etc as being 'trouble' as they like to give Hibs a bad image, it's always been the case. Also, it's our most talented players who love the club that get most grief whilst out and about and like any other human, they are obviously going to react- they just need to find a way of reacting in the right manner

eastterrace
03-06-2015, 06:51 PM

why would hearts fans give him grief as he supports them ( just give the 5-1 sign keep them happy) and why would hibs fans give him grief as he plays and scores goals for us. so he in a win win situation.

Smartie
03-06-2015, 07:14 PM
Most of the time it's our most talented players who get notified in the press etc as being 'trouble' as they like to give Hibs a bad image, it's always been the case. Also, it's our most talented players who love the club that get most grief whilst out and about and like any other human, they are obviously going to react- they just need to find a way of reacting in the right manner

Agreed and I hope he finds a way of doing so.

I wouldn't blame him if the unwanted press attention etc made him want to try his luck elsewhere though.

Smartie
03-06-2015, 07:25 PM
why would hearts fans give him grief as he supports them ( just give the 5-1 sign keep them happy) and why would hibs fans give him grief as he plays and scores goals for us. so he in a win win situation.

That is a pretty rosy but slightly unrealistic view to have of the world.

I can't see many Hibs fans giving him too much grief. Although I believe it may have been a hibby who decked Deegan and I'm sure some of the misfits we've had over the past few years will have heard a bit about it whilst out and about. If we don't have the season we expect next year, when do the fans turn on the players (not that I think this is going to happen)?

Where do you start with Jambos though? Every goal he scores against them, every time he celebrates the way he does, every time he pulls on a green shirt will wind them up. They won't care who he once supported.

Plus they're a bunch of fuds. You can't predict what they may or may not do.

He seemed to take quite a lot of grief that last time at Ibrox, all because of sketchy media reports over what may or may not have happened at a party he was at at some point.

I'm just trying to look at it from another way - players may leave because we want them to, they might leave because the player wants to. He's young, talented, has just finished top scorer in the league, may not be guaranteed first team football every week and gets increasing grief off the park. Of all of our current strikers I'd say he would be the one most likely to want to leave.

Just a hunch.

1van Sprou7e
03-06-2015, 07:34 PM

Yeah giving a 5-1 sign when you play for Hibs is a fantastic idea isn't it. ****ing hell not even cummings is that thick, of course he's gonna get some abuse from hearts fans while he plays for us