PDA

View Full Version : SHC. Duncan Watmore

Saturday Boy
28-05-2015, 06:01 PM
The Toulon tournament is on BT Sport (2) England are playing Morrocco, Duncan Watmore has scored one and set up the other for England. Currently 3-2 for Morrocco. He has filled out a bit since his time at Hibs, but stil very ginger!

eastmainsmsh
28-05-2015, 06:51 PM
Wisnae a bad wee player Duncan :aok: reminded me of nick barmby a little

Didn't help with pish game plan Newport's finest played however

bingo70
28-05-2015, 06:53 PM
The Toulon tournament is on BT Sport (2) England are playing Morrocco, Duncan Watmore has scored one and set up the other for England. Currently 3-2 for Morrocco. He has filled out a bit since his time at Hibs, but stil very ginger!

What level or age group is the Toulon tournament?

Mr White
28-05-2015, 06:57 PM
what level or age group is the toulon tournament?

u20

Baldy Foghorn
28-05-2015, 06:58 PM
Wisnae a bad wee player Duncan :aok: reminded me of nick barmby a little

Didn't help with pish game plan Newport's finest played however

Sure Butchered said he was like Stanley Matthews in an article, I thought he was more like Stanley Baxter

Hannah_hfc
28-05-2015, 07:34 PM
Apparently had a great season for Sunderland U-21s and shortlisted for player of the year for the league.

Hope he continues to do well.

tamig
28-05-2015, 07:38 PM
Sure Butchered said he was like Stanley Matthews in an article, I thought he was more like Stanley Baxter

He looked a great player imo but was hacked to bits on his debut against Raith. Think your comment's a bit disrespectful.

Baldy Foghorn
28-05-2015, 07:48 PM
He looked a great player imo but was hacked to bits on his debut against Raith. Think your comment's a bit disrespectful.

He was bang average IMO.

tamig
28-05-2015, 07:51 PM
He was bang average IMO.

Opinions...

Baldy Foghorn
28-05-2015, 07:56 PM
Opinions...

Indeed

3pm
28-05-2015, 08:05 PM
He was bang average IMO.

I think you are being generous.

Bishop Hibee
28-05-2015, 08:08 PM
Sorry Watmore is a great player. Scottish refs offered him no protection.

Baldy Foghorn
28-05-2015, 08:09 PM
I think you are being generous.

He did manage a goal at Partick, which gives him the slightly higher appraisal:wink:

Springbank
28-05-2015, 10:27 PM
He was terrible at Easter Road, a little boy lost

NadeAteMyLunch!
28-05-2015, 10:30 PM
He will go on to have a good career. I'm absolutely convinced of that

Spike Mandela
28-05-2015, 10:37 PM
Why are people still surprised when they see players getting better as they get older? It is what happens as young players develop and learn and far to many people are too quick to judge and write off young talent as a dud.

Stevie Reid
28-05-2015, 10:53 PM
Why are people still surprised when they see players getting better as they get older? It is what happens as young players develop and learn and far to many people are too quick to judge and right off young talent as a dud.

A point I've made many times on here myself. The amount of people on here who believe that players exist in stasis throughout their careers despite different coaching, team mates, and environment, is perplexing.

MKHIBEE
29-05-2015, 11:17 AM
Duncan has just been named the U21 Premier league player of the year

Brightside
29-05-2015, 11:40 AM

surely not... i read on here that he's rubbish.

itslegaltender
29-05-2015, 11:41 AM

Thought he was good on his debut, unfortunately Raith kicked him off the park. had injuries on and off with us thereafter.

DH1875
29-05-2015, 02:55 PM
Unbelievable Jeff.

NadeAteMyLunch!
29-05-2015, 03:56 PM
Thought he was good on his debut, unfortunately Raith kicked him off the park. had injuries on and off with us thereafter.

His debut against Raith was the best Hibs debut I've ever seen. A truly depressing game with him as the only bright spark. He got kicked all over the place and was limping from about 75 mins on but kept going and nearly won us a pen in the last minute. The rest of his time was then hampered by injuries, ridiculous treatment on the pitch and our worst manager and coaching team to date.
Read an interview with his Sunderland U21 coach today where he refers to him as a special talent and comments on his 'pace in abundance'. He certainly would have been a better option than Sinclair or Kennedy last season

SquashedFrogg
29-05-2015, 06:41 PM
He was terrible at Easter Road, a little boy lost

I was an older boy lost just watching us under Butcher ....

Seems spotting potential isn't your strong point...

*Very small image link above*

Winston Ingram
30-05-2015, 09:50 AM
@ABevington11: Congratulations to Duncan Watmore on being named @premierleague U21 player of the year. @SunderlandAFC @ianwatmore

Decent accolade:agree:

3pm
30-05-2015, 09:57 AM
I'm surprised at that but then again probably one of a number who were in the right place at the wrong time.

GreenArmyyy!
30-05-2015, 10:26 AM
Not surprised at all, anybody that says he wasn't going to be a great player is nuts. He was battered senseless by the opposition up here but I have never seen a player sail past other players so easily.

hfc rd
30-05-2015, 10:28 AM
He was a very good player. Just a pity we had a s*** management team of Butcher & Malpas at the time when we had him here.

Tom Hart RIP
30-05-2015, 12:05 PM
Never fully recovered from injury picked up on debut otherwise he would have been a valuable player for us. Good luck to the guy.

JAY-ESS GREEN
30-05-2015, 12:55 PM

Does that means the boots I won at auction are actually worth something now?

cabbageandribs1875
30-05-2015, 08:36 PM
i bet the laddie is glad he doesn't walk around with bruises all over his legs anymore after his stint up here

Hibby Bairn
30-05-2015, 09:00 PM
Not surprised at all, anybody that says he wasn't going to be a great player is nuts. He was battered senseless by the opposition up here but I have never seen a player sail past other players so easily.

Messi, Maradona, Cruyff, Kevin McAllister?

Maybe overstating his "greatness" a wee bit?

FranckSuzy
31-05-2015, 08:58 AM
Does that means the boots I won at auction are actually worth something now?

:thumbsup: Great buy :wink:

Heisenberg
31-05-2015, 09:11 AM
He could beat players easily. Sadly got kicked up and down the park in his first couple of games and never recovered or looked fully fit afterwards.

Danderhall Hibs
31-05-2015, 09:55 AM
Sounds like the opposition need to learn to give him a wee nudge to put him off his game then.

cabbageandribs1875
07-06-2015, 07:33 PM
the boy just got voted the 'revelation' award at the Toulon u20's tournament, whatever that means :)

France beat Morocco 3-1 n the final

Future17
08-06-2015, 07:07 AM
the boy just got voted the 'revelation' award at the Toulon u20's tournament, whatever that means :)

France beat Morocco 3-1 n the final

I watched quite a bit of the tournament and I'm intrigued as to what this award is far because, although he played well at times and scored a couple of goals, he wasn't even close to being a stand-out for me.

France had about 5 great young players, including Crivelli (who I think finished top scorer) who looks like he'll be a very powerful forward in the years to come.

Bencharki for Morocco looked class - good with the ball at his feet whether it be passing, shooting or running at players. Exciting to watch at this level.

I was also very impressed by the US. The forward Kiesewetter in particular played when I saw him. I have a feeling that they Yanks are going to continue to improve in the next 20 years and will be possible world champions in that time at full international level.

JimBHibees
08-06-2015, 09:06 AM
I watched quite a bit of the tournament and I'm intrigued as to what this award is far because, although he played well at times and scored a couple of goals, he wasn't even close to being a stand-out for me.

France had about 5 great young players, including Crivelli (who I think finished top scorer) who looks like he'll be a very powerful forward in the years to come.

Bencharki for Morocco looked class - good with the ball at his feet whether it be passing, shooting or running at players. Exciting to watch at this level.

I was also very impressed by the US. The forward Kiesewetter in particular played when I saw him. I have a feeling that they Yanks are going to continue to improve in the next 20 years and will be possible world champions in that time at full international level.

Watched bits of the tournament and most of the final and thought French number 18 Fares Balhouli looked a fantastic player, apparently plays for Lyon.

Some Moroccan crowd at the game and the celebration for the first French goal almost started a riot. :greengrin

Bad Martini
08-06-2015, 11:02 AM
Amazing how some on here bang about former Hibs players with dewy eyes (even those who have/will come up against us again i.e. our OPPONENTS) yet some laddie who come up here, gave 110% and ultimately got the **** kicked out him (and he still kept going) gets little respect in a thread that could easily be mistaken for some disliked yam or such like.

Unlike many in that team, Whatmore gave all he had and attempted to play fitba. The thugs he come up against ****ed that up. Hardly a sin. As for his response, got back and tried again.

I can think of plenty from that team I'd love to have repay their wages for lack of effort or interest....and he wasnt one of them.

Hamish
08-06-2015, 11:29 AM
Amazing how some on here bang about former Hibs players with dewy eyes (even those who have/will come up against us again i.e. our OPPONENTS) yet some laddie who come up here, gave 110% and ultimately got the **** kicked out him (and he still kept going) gets little respect in a thread that could easily be mistaken for some disliked yam or such like.

Unlike many in that team, Whatmore gave all he had and attempted to play fitba. The thugs he come up against ****ed that up. Hardly a sin. As for his response, got back and tried again.

I can think of plenty from that team I'd love to have repay their wages for lack of effort or interest....and he wasnt one of them.

:agree:

snooky
08-06-2015, 01:06 PM

Exactamondo, BM

147lothian
09-06-2015, 07:04 PM
His first game, against Raith in the cup if I remember right? He was kicked all over the park, but kept picking himself up and getting on with it, as a result of that game he didn't look as good but you could always tell there was a good player in there, the way he sailed past opponents, made him stand out IMO, I wish him all the best it was good watching him we could do with another Duncan Watmore now

HappyHanlon
10-06-2015, 10:20 AM
The lad had the confidence kicked out him by opponents and Butcher.

He'll be a top English Championship player. Still think he's too lightweight for the BPL.

147lothian
11-06-2015, 07:27 AM
The lad had the confidence kicked out him by opponents and Butcher.

He'll be a top English Championship player. Still think he's too lightweight for the BPL.

Good point mate, his style of football wasn't suited for hoofball but that wasn't Watmore's fault

FranckSuzy
15-08-2015, 10:39 PM
I see he scored today for Sunderland, on his Premier League debut :thumbsup:

JAY-ESS GREEN, keep hold of those boots :agree: :wink:

MWHIBBIES
15-08-2015, 10:46 PM
Shame he played for us under Butcher, clearly a talented player.

tamig
15-08-2015, 11:06 PM
Shame he played for us under Butcher, clearly a talented player.

Yet more than a few on here wtote him off. Was clear to see he was a real talent.

Hibbyradge
15-08-2015, 11:34 PM
Yet more than a few on here wtote him off. Was clear to see he was a real talent.

Yip. He was unlucky with injuries, but he was an exciting player.

NadeAteMyLunch!
16-08-2015, 12:56 AM
Good to see him score and they were singing his praises on MOTD and saying how impressed the Sunderland fans were with him. Still amazes me how so many of our fans couldn't see that he was clearly a player in the few games where he wasn't kicked up and down the park [emoji57]

GreenLake
16-08-2015, 04:50 AM
I liked watching him but hated how our football tolerates thuggery on the skillful. Until we crack down on persistent fouling, clattering from the back and shirt pulling our game is not going to look as interesting as it could. We have plenty of skillful play but it tends to stop short of full expression due to fouling. Damn shame really.

Centre Hawf
16-08-2015, 10:57 AM
Well done to him, hope the best for his career. Unlike most from that Hibs side.

emerald green
16-08-2015, 12:01 PM
I liked watching him but hated how our football tolerates thuggery on the skillful. Until we crack down on persistent fouling, clattering from the back and shirt pulling our game is not going to look as interesting as it could. We have plenty of skillful play but it tends to stop short of full expression due to fouling. Damn shame really.

:agree: Referees are simply not doing their jobs properly. I will say it again. The standard of refereeing is very poor. For example, look at the performance of the referee at ER yesterday.

Their assistants often escape criticism too, but they are sometimes as much to blame for poor decision making and not helping the man in the middle enough.

Bishop Hibee
16-08-2015, 01:59 PM
Ref yesterday was dire. Simple things like not booking a Morton player for hoofing a ball the length of the pitch to time waste when he'd booked a player for kicking it away earlier.