PDA

View Full Version : Huns v Well - Ref Watch

Pages : 1 2 [3]

One Day Soon
28-05-2015, 09:40 PM
In my opinion, King's arrogant bluster has been based on an assumption that they will be in the top flight next season. Let's see if his £20m strategy he was banging on about the other week plays out if they end up staying where they are. They've been living on tic since the new regime arrived. And they have an interesting battle ahead with MASH. These things can't be overlooked. The hun could be in a poor state in a few weeks time. I have faith in my club. They don't worry me one bit. Not at all. You wallow in your fear though if that gives you some kind of pleasure. I'll celebrate the halt of their rise through the divisions - if that's what comes to pass on Sunday.

Tell you what, I'll luxuriate in my realistic appraisal of the reality while you warmly embrace your complacency. I couldn't care less about their progress or otherwise except insofar as it affects us.

NadeAteMyLunch!
28-05-2015, 09:41 PM
I painfully wanted The Rangers to win to get them out the league. Despite that, I very much enjoyed them getting pumped. I'm fully behind Stubbs and the boys and think we are in a much better position than that Rangers squad that will need a total upheaval, including a new manager. Bring it on I say

Ronster117
28-05-2015, 09:43 PM
:agree:

Cheats seem to prosper, the yams this year and the new team next year, hope we don't get Motherwell in the play off's next season or it could be another season down here :wink:, then we really will be in big trouble, The Rangers by hook or by crook will have a good squad next season.
Are you related to mystic meg?

Thecat23
28-05-2015, 09:43 PM
This :agree: For all we worry about Hibs, all the pressure/risk will be with the Huns. They will invest heavily to ensure escape from the Champ, but Hearts showed that with good planning, luck and structure you can punch above your weight, IMO even if the Huns were firing on full cylinders, not convinced they would have beaten the Yams to the title.

Huns will see us as a major threat next season, no question... assuming Well finish the job Sunday :cb

Couldn't agree more. Could be a blessing them staying down as we won't have all the pressure of expecting to win it! Hearts went about it the right way just doing the job week in week out.

Pressure is all on them and Stubbs will drill that into the boys which I hope will allow them to go out and do their own job!

Ronster117
28-05-2015, 09:44 PM
:top marks
Im sorry but this post sadly reflects .net more. Posters too interested in 'bigging' up other teams, based on no evidence whatsoever, rather than being confident that OUR team will be good enough to win the league!

CropleyWasGod
28-05-2015, 09:45 PM
Tell you what, I'll luxuriate in my realistic appraisal of the reality while you warmly embrace your complacency. I couldn't care less about their progress or otherwise except insofar as it affects us.

Here's another realistic appraisal :greengrin

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-stubbs-well-back-stronger-5751750

The most relevant part for this discussion. “I don’t seen any reason why staying down should affect our ability to keep them together. The budget will still be the same next year so I’m hopeful I can keep all these players".

One Day Soon
28-05-2015, 09:45 PM
My Point Being - You Should Hang your Head in Shame for Ever Saying " GET IN "

Yer A Blue Nose hun.. Admit it... You Grew up supporting them dint you

:faf:

weecounty hibby
28-05-2015, 09:46 PM
They are having to live on loans from directors at the moment. They are due MA £5m and can't afford to pay it back. **** them.
Aye that's right they will be spending big right enough. Bring them on next season, we will be better than them again with a better manager than they have. **** them.
McCall will be their boss next year as they can't afford anyone else. **** them. Stubbs or McCall? Allan or Shiels? Hanlon or McCulloch? Cummings or Boyd? Fontaine or Zaliuskas? **** them. Their crowds won't come back until in premier league. Look at the playoff games, £5 to get in and no sell outs. **** them

Andy74
28-05-2015, 09:47 PM
In my opinion, King's arrogant bluster has been based on an assumption that they will be in the top flight next season. Let's see if his £20m strategy he was banging on about the other week plays out if they end up staying where they are. They've been living on tic since the new regime arrived. And they have an interesting battle ahead with MASH. These things can't be overlooked. The hun could be in a poor state in a few weeks time. I have faith in my club. They don't worry me one bit. Not at all. You wallow in your fear though if that gives you some kind of pleasure. I'll celebrate the halt of their rise through the divisions - if that's what comes to pass on Sunday.

Well said.

Stevie Reid
28-05-2015, 09:48 PM
Stubbs for me is the key. His belief in the club and the players will see us good! He's had a full season and now he will have the time over the summer to get players he wants.

They should fear us as much as we should them! No way will they want another season with us.

I don't often pay heed to what that knob Steven Craigen says, but I think he was right tonight when he said that the play off games v Hibs were Rangers' cup finals as far as their fans were concerned, and that they felt that it was job done prior to tonight's game against Motherwell.

That's testament to the threat that we were to them all season - and will be next year.

Mr White
Quite a prophetic article in the Scotsman this morning. Hope the journo had some cash on a motherwell win as his headline prediction was spot on :greengrin

http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/stuart-mccall-won-t-celebrate-win-over-motherwell-1-3785481

Onion
One thing tonight shows is that winning the league is key. Unless the Prem team "does a Hibs", the odds are stacked heavily against the Championship side working their way through all the POs.

League reconstruction for 2015/16 moved a step closer after tonight.

One Day Soon
Here's another realistic appraisal :greengrin

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-stubbs-well-back-stronger-5751750

The most relevant part for this discussion. “I don’t seen any reason why staying down should affect our ability to keep them together. The budget will still be the same next year so I’m hopeful I can keep all these players".

Smashing, as long as just keeping all these players is enough to win us the league...

mca
28-05-2015, 09:49 PM

Knew it- Only a Hun COULD ever Say "Get-in".. When they Score :agree:

Thecat23
28-05-2015, 09:50 PM
I don't often pay heed to what that knob Steven Craigen says, but I think he was right tonight when he said that the play off games v Hibs were Rangers' cup finals as far as their fans were concerned, and that they felt that it was job done prior to tonight's game against Motherwell.

That's testament to the threat that we were to them all season - and will be next year.

Yeah I heard that and he was spot on! They thought beating us and going through would be enough but Well played their game spot on tonight and the pace exposed how bad The Rangers are.

One Day Soon
28-05-2015, 09:50 PM
Knew it- Only a Hun COULD ever Say "Get-in".. When they Score :agree:

Please don't ever stop posting. Too, too good.

CropleyWasGod
28-05-2015, 09:53 PM
Smashing, as long as just keeping all these players is enough to win us the league...

But it does undermine your assertion that tonight's result will lead to the budget being reduced.

silverhibee
28-05-2015, 09:54 PM
There's no way we will sell Scott Allan to Sevco now which means we might be stronger.

There are lots of ways of looking at this.

But we might sell him to another club.

hibees 7062
28-05-2015, 09:57 PM

Celtic :wink:

One Day Soon
28-05-2015, 09:57 PM
Yeah I heard that and he was spot on! They thought beating us and going through would be enough but Well played their game spot on tonight and the pace exposed how bad The Rangers are.

This is a Rangers team promoted from League 1 last season and full of has-beens, while their club was in financial turmoil and their fans staying away. They still finished 3rd with a very narrow gap AND beat us in the playoffs. Next season they will have much higher season ticket revenue, a decent manager and they will spend to strengthen that squad substantially. My point is that they are very likely to improve significantly on this season while we are likely to maintain our standard or improve marginally. In that context it would have been much much better for us to be facing a Motherwell adjusting to the drop rather than a recovering Rangers.

Tonight was fun, the hangover not so much.

mca
28-05-2015, 09:58 PM

Please don't ever stop posting. Too, too good.

I Wish you wid tho .. yours is mair dour than they cants on Sportsound.. :greengrin

One Day Soon
28-05-2015, 09:58 PM
But it does undermine your assertion that tonight's result will lead to the budget being reduced.

It may well do - I hope it does. Let's allow events to prove that one way or another in the close season once we see who is in our league.

silverhibee
28-05-2015, 09:59 PM
Be no bother getting a ticket for ipox next season given the number on here who are giving in to them already. Sickening

All about opinions i suppose, some see this as a good thing some see it as a bad thing.

I'll be boycotting for not giving us more tickets. :aok:

Thecat23
This is a Rangers team promoted from League 1 last season and full of has-beens, while their club was in financial turmoil and their fans staying away. They still finished 3rd with a very narrow gap AND beat us in the playoffs. Next season they will have much higher season ticket revenue, a decent manager and they will spend to strengthen that squad substantially. My point is that they are very likely to improve significantly on this season while we are likely to maintain our standard or improve marginally. In that context it would have been much much better for us to be facing a Motherwell adjusting to the drop rather than a recovering Rangers.

I can see why you think that, but who's to say Well wouldn't be a tougher team to beat than The Rangers!

I don't think they will improve that much to be honest, and if anything will lose some important players. Yes some of the ***** will go too but no way are they going to spend big!

One Day Soon
I Wish you wid tho .. yours is mair dour than they cants on Sportsound.. :greengrin

Not a programme that I follow follow. Is it some kind of Rangers phone in?

emerald green
28-05-2015, 10:00 PM
League reconstruction for 2015/16 moved a step closer after tonight.

Too late for season 2015/16 which starts in a few weeks time, unfortunately. It might not happen at all unless clubs vote for it. Many won't.

Deansy
28-05-2015, 10:00 PM
Listen, what The Rangers do or don't do if they stay down doesn't matter.

If we take care of our games and learn from the mistakes from last season we have nothing to fear from anyone! This Rangers team won't turn into world beaters and I fully expect us to finish above them.

Let's not worry about what we can't control and worry about backing our boys and making sure we get along to ER to do our bit!

GGTTH 

Agreed !!. People forget it took 'Marlborough's Milions' to turn the Hun from 'occasional challenger' into the 'Big, financial giant' it (temporarily) became. This season has shown what their true, natural level of a Hun-team with no money is really like - very beatable !!

Andy74
28-05-2015, 10:01 PM

I always find it a bit odd when people see the best possible scenario for other clubs and talk down our own.

HH81
Alan Stubbs might be thinking Sheffield isn't so bad after all.

Sheffield is decent, you would like some of the chicken dishes.

Pete

I think they were the main threat though what with all the rumours and them being his boyhood team. I can't see us selling to them if we are going to be their direct rivals.

The goodwill factor and lack of cash from other teams should be enough to ensure he stays...or maybe even sign an extension.

If he signs for Celtic I'm giving up.

HoboHarry
28-05-2015, 10:02 PM
Too late for season 2015/16 which starts in a few weeks time, unfortunately. It might not happen at all unless clubs vote for it. Many won't.
As always, money will talk loudest.....

S4uzee
28-05-2015, 10:02 PM
I can see why you think that, but who's to say Well wouldn't be a tougher team to beat than The Rangers!

I don't think they will improve that much to be honest, and if anything will lose some important players. Yes some of the ***** will go too but no way are they going to spend big!
I can see both sides of the argument but there is no way Motherwell would have the resources Rangers do

One Day Soon
28-05-2015, 10:03 PM
I always find it a bit odd when people see the best possible scenario for other clubs and talk down our own.

Seriously? After 35 years of following Hibs I cannot begin to imagine taking any other approach.

Pete
28-05-2015, 10:04 PM

Think of all those juicy (new) old firm games. Where there's a will there's a way.

silverhibee
28-05-2015, 10:08 PM
I think they were the main threat though what with all the rumours and them being his boyhood team. I can't see us selling to them if we are going to be their direct rivals.

The goodwill factor and lack of cash from other teams should be enough to ensure he stays...or maybe even sign an extension.

If he signs for Celtic I'm giving up.

Hibees 7062 has a good track record. :wink:

And I'm sure the Arabs will be back in with another bid when the window opens.

I'll see if i can travel forward and report back. :cb

truehibernian
28-05-2015, 10:11 PM
I simply love seeing a weak/strong/middle of the road Rangers or The Rangers getting beat - I could watch them get beat week in week out and don't care a jot about how it may effect Hibs or anyone else. I hope Motherwell destroy them second leg. Cannot stand the club and their bigoted following.

I've a strong belief that reconstruction is already being discussed in the background and will be centre stage pre-season in the media, from Celtic, from the SFA, from Wee Gordon, pundits and ex players (discussions planned) and there will be an extended league structure in place for season 2016/17.

Fraser Wishart coming out this week of all weeks coming out with the 'clubs will be forced part time' is yet another agenda led soundbite - not just to get The Rangers back in but to retain other clubs status.

And there will be a beautiful irony if wee Scott McDonald scores to seal their fate too :aok:

M'oan the 'Well :top marks

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-05-2015, 10:12 PM
Any mention on the radio of the crashing bottles at Ibrox?

emerald green
28-05-2015, 10:12 PM

HoboHarry
28-05-2015, 10:15 PM
Out of interest - is the Ladbrokes sponsorship deal signed and sealed or is it still in negotiations?

Pete
28-05-2015, 10:21 PM
Hibees 7062 has a good track record. :wink:

And I'm sure the Arabs will be back in with another bid when the window opens.

I'll see if i can travel forward and report back. :cb

Have a dram instead mate. Enough of them and you won't give a **** if he leaves or not. :greengrin

kaimendhibs
28-05-2015, 10:22 PM
All about opinions i suppose, some see this as a good thing some see it as a bad thing.

I'll be boycotting for not giving us more tickets. :aok:

Lovely jubbly. It's like tynie, I always applaud the I won't give them them the money brigade! More tickets for us who will😄

steakbake
28-05-2015, 10:37 PM
Funny thread: some of us enjoying The Rangers getting beaten and hoping Motherwell see it out, others conceding the league before a ball has been kicked.

tamig
28-05-2015, 10:38 PM

I made that point to him about 5 or 6 pages back.

silverhibee
28-05-2015, 10:45 PM
Lovely jubbly. It's like tynie, I always applaud the I won't give them them the money brigade! More tickets for us who will

Good stuff then. :aok:

By the way didn't miss a game at Greyskull this season, i will miss it so i will next season.

Stevie Reid
28-05-2015, 10:56 PM
I wanted Rangers to progress but took great pleasure in seeing them dismantled tonight.

If they stay down, I can live with it for sure.

cabbageandribs1875
28-05-2015, 11:02 PM
watching sportscene just now, i thought 'simply the best' was banned from being played at hunbrox by tina turners management ? due to the filth being linked to terrorists

jacomo
28-05-2015, 11:12 PM
I simply love seeing a weak/strong/middle of the road Rangers or The Rangers getting beat - I could watch them get beat week in week out and don't care a jot about how it may effect Hibs or anyone else. I hope Motherwell destroy them second leg. Cannot stand the club and their bigoted following.

I've a strong belief that reconstruction is already being discussed in the background and will be centre stage pre-season in the media, from Celtic, from the SFA, from Wee Gordon, pundits and ex players (discussions planned) and there will be an extended league structure in place for season 2016/17.

Fraser Wishart coming out this week of all weeks coming out with the 'clubs will be forced part time' is yet another agenda led soundbite - not just to get The Rangers back in but to retain other clubs status.

And there will be a beautiful irony if wee Scott McDonald scores to seal their fate too :aok:

M'oan the 'Well :top marks

Real irony would be League reconstruction being done to accommodate The Rangers, when the previous incarnation used to block change.

hibees 7062
28-05-2015, 11:40 PM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/s480x480/11329917_10153268881372184_8666539320883581596_n.j pg?oh=9db11d33d4755d9bfab6104215f0fac1&oe=55FCFCA8

Danderhall Hibs
29-05-2015, 06:57 AM
Out of interest - is the Ladbrokes sponsorship deal signed and sealed or is it still in negotiations?

Reads as if it's signed and sealed...
http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/spfl-announces-ladbrokes-as-title-sponsor/

One Day Soon
29-05-2015, 08:18 AM
Funny thread: some of us enjoying The Rangers getting beaten and hoping Motherwell see it out, others conceding the league before a ball has been kicked.

Has anyone conceded the league? Accepted that the task has likely become a hell of a lot harder is not the same as conceding it.

Brightside
29-05-2015, 08:24 AM

If anyone thinks Rangers will beat us next season - they havent watched much of Rangers,.

number9dream
29-05-2015, 08:48 AM
If anyone thinks Rangers will beat us next season - they havent watched much of Rangers,.

As much as I enjoyed seeing Rangers humbled on their own patch, it will probably make life tougher for us next season if they stay down.
Most of the current squad at Ibrox are soon to be out of contract, so there will be a massive clear out.
It's a big if, but if they do get their act together and find a decent coach (McCall will go if they miss out, surely?) and implement a sane recruiting strategy (i.e. not paying duds like Ian Black a fortune), then they should be much stronger.
Having said that, I wouldn't bet against King & co messing it up... Whatever happens, it will be a very different looking team in blue next season.

emerald green
29-05-2015, 08:51 AM

It pains me to say this, it really does, but you are aware they just beat Hibs in the play-offs winning 2-0 at Greyskull, and beat us 2-0 at ER only a few weeks ago?

Hibs supporters need to waken up and understand that as bad as The Rangers are just now, that's what recently happened. They will be a much better and organised squad next season once they get rid of all the deadwood and bring in younger, fitter, and better players. Which they will. They are not going to simply sit and do nothing to improve their team on the pitch.

Just for the record, I'm not conceding anything to them before a ball is kicked. I just think it will be more difficult for Hibs to win the Championship outright if we are competing with them again next season.

I think it will turn out to be a "dog eat dog" league IMO, between Hibs, Huns/Motherwell, St Mirren, QOS & Falkirk. I don't believe any team will walk away with it like this season.

I despise the Ibrox club and their truly awful supporters, but that shouldn't blind me/us to the reality of what's facing Hibs next season.

truehibernian
29-05-2015, 08:55 AM

This - yes, they are more stable (outwardly) but the fact that Ashley is still there and there is still that unease at what his intentions are, there are always going to be background issues. On the playing front, yes they will 'strengthen' - but nowehere near the level that some people are thinking or speculating.

In fact, from our point of view, having The Rangers as competition is a decent selling point for players coming here from afar - the games will be the showcase games and televised, they get the chance to play against arguably Scotland's biggest club (:rolleyes:), there is something to really aim for and achieve.......and other clubs like St Mirren, Falkirk and Queens will have a wee say in matters too - the SPL in my view is in a bit of a mess. Celtic and Aberdeen are doing well, Hearts will always feel they can achieve - but beyond that, other attendances are very poor, teams are running on financial empty, teams like Dundee United are now being cherry picked and not re-investing (with an owner looking to buy another club in another continent), and the product isn't that much better than where we are - did anyone see the list of players Ross County released recently - staggering, frightening and to be honest, reminded me of where we were a few seasons ago - full of dross.

I really enjoyed last season from a footballing perspective - Hibs were never outplayed or outperformed when we came up against Premiership opposition, we beat The Rangers 4 times, we were never outperformed by Hearts and the derbies were the most even and attacking for years (both sides contributing). Another season in this league develops a winning habit and mentality - for too long we were bottom 6, underachieving and scrapping it out for our SPL survival for three years running.........that was energy sapping for fans and the club. Of course it would have been nice to win promotion, but I don't think another year in the Championship does us any harm, and for our young players there are more positives to be gained when part of a winning unit.

So c'moan the 'Well :thumbsup:

marinello59
29-05-2015, 08:58 AM
It pains me to say this, it really does, but you are aware they just beat Hibs in the play-offs winning 2-0 at Greyskull, and beat us 2-0 at ER only a few weeks ago?

Hibs supporters need to waken up and understand that as bad as The Rangers are just now, that's what recently happened. They will be a much better and organised squad next season once they get rid of all the deadwood and bring in younger, fitter, and better players. Which they will. They are not going to simply sit and do nothing to improve their team on the pitch.

Just for the record, I'm not conceding anything to them before a ball is kicked. I just think it will be more difficult for Hibs to win the Championship outright if we are competing with them again next season.

I think it will turn out to be a "dog eat dog" league IMO, between Hibs, Huns/Motherwell, St Mirren, QOS & Falkirk. I don't believe any team will walk away with it like this season.
I despise the Ibrox club and their truly awful supporters, but that shouldn't blind me/us to the reality of what's facing Hibs next season.

Where are they going to get all these younger, fitter and better players from? They should have been steadily building a squad like that over the past three years. They will find it much harder to do if they stay in this league.

emerald green
29-05-2015, 09:22 AM
Where are they going to get all these younger, fitter and better players from? They should have been steadily building a squad like that over the past three years. They will find it much harder to do if they stay in this league.

They will cherry pick from the best players that are out of contract (of which there will be plenty), and also bring in better players on loan.

The fact they have something like 35,000 season ticket holders (I'm not sure of the exact number, but that's about five times as many as Hibs) might also give them some money to fund the signing of a few decent players. Any truth they might bid for Scott Allan? Maybe? I don't know.

Getting rid of the deadwood who are currently on large wages at Ibrox will also free up money to help bring in better players. Surely they can / will sign someone better than McCulloch?

The Rangers are still seen as a very "big club" by lots of players (whether we like it or not) and I don't believe they will have much bother in attracting better players than has beens like Boyd, Miller, Black, Shields etc.

Over the last three years, certainly in Leagues 1 & 2, they were basically up against part-time "pub teams" and what they had was clearly enough to stroll through those leagues. I don't think anyone foresaw HOMFC winning the Championship this season in the manner in which they did TBH.

Most people I know thought The Rangers were favourites to go up automatically this season. They might still do, if Motherwell chuck away a two goal first leg lead at home...

Brightside
29-05-2015, 09:28 AM

THEY HAVE NO MONEY.... If they stay down they will just get deeper in debt. Its a shambles of a club and I'd happily play them every week!

We win the league by 10 points next season.

One Day Soon
29-05-2015, 09:38 AM
THEY HAVE NO MONEY.... If they stay down they will just get deeper in debt. Its a shambles of a club and I'd happily play them every week!

Oh dear.

Brightside
29-05-2015, 09:41 AM
Oh dear.

Oh dear what? Honestly what is the problem with so many Hibs fans. Doom Doom Doom. We lost about 15 points at the start of the season. We will be so much better prepared this year. We have the strongest squad in the league by a mile.

One Day Soon
29-05-2015, 09:55 AM
Oh dear what? Honestly what is the problem with so many Hibs fans. Doom Doom Doom. We lost about 15 points at the start of the season. We will be so much better prepared this year. We have the strongest squad in the league by a mile.

Yes we will be better prepared. However we finished just 3 points ahead of a pi5h and chaotic Rangers this season. Next season they will be a lot stronger and more consistent. St Mirren will not be push overs either.

There's no way we are going to scoosh that league. It will be exciting though, in a 'watching it all through your fingers' kind of a way.

PeeJay
29-05-2015, 09:56 AM

Think the point you're making is a fair one, it will be more difficult if Hibs and Rangers are competing for the title next season. Personally, I'd prefer the club to face that challenge, I'm not too keen on the thought of us managing to gain promotion because all the "difficult" clubs are out of the way (forgive my polemic :greengrin).

There may be something in the claim made by many on here that Stubbs failed to get us out of the league this season because he had to catch up too much. I'm not convinced myself, but it's irrelevant now: next season he has no excuses, Rangers or not ...

Smartie
29-05-2015, 10:03 AM
They will cherry pick from the best players that are out of contract (of which there will be plenty), and also bring in better players on loan.

The fact they have something like 35,000 season ticket holders (I'm not sure of the exact number, but that's about five times as many as Hibs) might also give them some money to fund the signing of a few decent players. Any truth they might bid for Scott Allan? Maybe? I don't know.

Getting rid of the deadwood who are currently on large wages at Ibrox will also free up money to help bring in better players. Surely they can / will sign someone better than McCulloch?

The Rangers are still seen as a very "big club" by lots of players (whether we like it or not) and I don't believe they will have much bother in attracting better players than has beens like Boyd, Miller, Black, Shields etc.

Over the last three years, certainly in Leagues 1 & 2, they were basically up against part-time "pub teams" and what they had was clearly enough to stroll through those leagues. I don't think anyone foresaw HOMFC winning the Championship this season in the manner in which they did TBH.

Most people I know thought The Rangers were favourites to go up automatically this season. They might still do, if Motherwell chuck away a two goal first leg lead at home...

If they don't go up it will be a hammer blow for them as a club.

They had 10000 empty seats for their home game with us in spite of dropping their prices to a fiver - I think they'd do very well to shift 30000 season tickets for next season without somebody giving them silly money to buy players. And the bizarre "cat and mouse" game between Ashley and King doesn't look like ending any time soon so I can't see them splashing crazy amounts any time soon.

Their fans are worse than ours for getting on their backs when things aren't going their way at home. With potentially tough games again next season against us, St Mirren, Falkirk, QOTS, Raith etc home form will be vital.

The spectre of a 25 point penalty for going into admin is never far away.

Their fixed costs and outgoings are enormous on Ibrox and Murray Park (and they have crazy deals on merchandise with Ashley).

All isn't rosy at Ibrox yet and I'm not remotely scared of them - yet. The sooner they're back up, the sooner they get their act together, the sooner they're able to tempt the likes of Allan away from us again.

We're not far off being an excellent side and how we do next year will mainly be down to how we do (see Hearts this season) rather than who else is in our league. I fancy us to do well enough against the other teams then raise our game in the 4 games vs them.

On last night's showing Motherwell may not exactly be pushovers either.

Bring them on.

cleanyman
29-05-2015, 10:13 AM
It would have been criminal if Rangers went up.

They have been gash all season and ended up finishing third in The Championship.

We ****ed it big style.

Motherwell have the pace to see it though on Sunday.

The challenge has been set, roll on next season.

Brightside
29-05-2015, 10:16 AM
Yes we will be better prepared. However we finished just 3 points ahead of a pi5h and chaotic Rangers this season. Next season they will be a lot stronger and more consistent. St Mirren will not be push overs either.

There's no way we are going to scoosh that league. It will be exciting though, in a 'watching it all through your fingers' kind of a way.

Why would Rangers be stronger? They have had 3 years to get stronger.

number9dream
29-05-2015, 10:17 AM
McCulloch, Boyd, Miller, Daly, Mohsni, Foster, McGregor, Black, Simonsen, Smith, Hutton, Faure all away, plus the 'Newcastle Five'. That's going to free up a hefty chunk of wages. Probably way more than Aberdeen pay their whole squad in a year.
Big hike in season ticket money predicted, although feelgood factor will have vanished.
Will Sally and McDowall finally be off the books? Another £1m saved.

Only debt is £5m to Ashley - King & others lending interest free with no time constraints.

However...

Need to find a new manager and new players in short space of time - players that can handle the unique pressures of being in a dreadful place like that.
Stadium is falling to bits, no real scouting system in place. Ashley is screwing them on merchandise deal - almost zero revenue there.
Will King & co be handicapped by their own hubris and continue to pay stupid money for average talent?

If somebody sane was running Rangers, I'd be really worried but they are still very much a basket case of a club, so let's hope Hibs can build well over the summer and develop a more ruthless streak at home next season.

JimBHibees
29-05-2015, 10:36 AM

They just beat us over two legs and two out of our last 3 games when we were told they were unfit and a shambles. While recognising that Hibs will be better next season I think it is naive to assume they wont be a threat especially if a manager like McCall has a preseason to get them fit and bring in some new faces.

Personally hope Motherwell stay up however it certainly wont be anything other than a difficult task to win the league next season.

truehibernian
29-05-2015, 10:43 AM
They just beat us over two legs and two out of our last 3 games when we were told they were unfit and a shambles. While recognising that Hibs will be better next season I think it is naive to assume they wont be a threat especially if a manager like McCall has a preseason to get them fit and bring in some new faces.

Personally hope Motherwell stay up however it certainly wont be anything other than a difficult task to win the league next season.

True Jim but I'd argue that in the three games Hibs were by far the better team on each occasion, missing that vital breakthrough/cutting edge.

The 0-2 game, Fontaine had a free header early on, and I think Allan had a wee chance too - they scored I think against the run of play. Hibs that day were too predictable yet we were always in the game up until a horrendous ref decision sealed it (and mind Dje Dje when through :rolleyes:)

The Ibrox play off they were clinical, but JC and Malonga missed glorious chances.

The recent game we were all over them and again it was the final third area. The play off's we were very unlucky to pick up the injuries to Forster and Boyle who were both on good form.

McCall has made them more organised/disciplined and made them play for each other - he hasn't made them play better football in my opinion. Falkirk, Alloa, Livi draws......hammered by Queens.........I don't think they will be any different next season, truly I don't.

JimBHibees
29-05-2015, 10:53 AM
True Jim but I'd argue that in the three games Hibs were by far the better team on each occasion, missing that vital breakthrough/cutting edge.

The 0-2 game, Fontaine had a free header early on, and I think Allan had a wee chance too - they scored I think against the run of play. Hibs that day were too predictable yet we were always in the game up until a horrendous ref decision sealed it (and mind Dje Dje when through :rolleyes:)

The Ibrox play off they were clinical, but JC and Malonga missed glorious chances.

The recent game we were all over them and again it was the final third area. The play off's we were very unlucky to pick up the injuries to Forster and Boyle who were both on good form.

McCall has made them more organised/disciplined and made them play for each other - he hasn't made them play better football in my opinion. Falkirk, Alloa, Livi draws......hammered by Queens.........I don't think they will be any different next season, truly I don't.

Fair post I am not sure we were the better team in the 0-2 game as we were poor and didnt threaten much. In saying that a fortunate first goal Wallace's shot was going wide until it was deflected in and the second goal was simply one of the most obvious fouls ever.

I think McCall in time will get them playing better even in their recent games they are passing the ball about better IMO. The first leg defeat was a mixture of missing chances and also poor defending from us, the first goal was appalling IMO both from positioning of the full back and also thought Liam and Paul could have reacted better to the cross and Clark's run. We are still a bit of a soft touch in giving poor goals away in games we are on top.

I hope you are right and we are also in a position to be much better at the start of the season which I think we will be. One thing is though having Rangers in the league will IMO make it a more exciting league and also a difficult one to win.

Smartie
29-05-2015, 10:53 AM

I think they will be better, I don't doubt that, but I'm not convinced they'll be good enough.

They could find themselves in a position similar to the one we found ourselves in at this time last season.

The season has ended in crippling disappointment and failure. They have a number of out-of-contract players who are on decent wages who you wouldn't want to hang onto anyway so there will be an opportunity there.

They don't have a manager - that situation will need to be managed.

They have a blank canvas in many ways which will be good for them long-term. But it will be hard for them to get a good, fit team blended together in order to hit the ground running so I could see them making a slow start that their fans would simply not have the patience to tolerate.

I would hope that we could steal a march on them.

truehibernian
29-05-2015, 10:55 AM
Fair post I am not sure we were the better team in the 0-2 game as we were poor and didnt threaten much. In saying that a fortunate first goal Wallace's shot was going wide until it was deflected in and the second goal was simply one of the most obvious fouls ever.

I think McCall in time will get them playing better even in their recent games they are passing the ball about better IMO. The first leg defeat was a mixture of missing chances and also poor defending from us, the first goal was appalling IMO both from positioning of the full back and also thought Liam and Paul could have reacted better to the cross and Clark's run. We are still a bit of a soft touch in giving poor goals away in games we are on top.

I hope you are right and we are also in a position to be much better at the start of the season which I think we will be. One thing is though having Rangers in the league will IMO make it a more exciting league and also a difficult one to win.

Which might tip the balance for our players agreeing to stay on for a crack at them :aok:

Brightside
29-05-2015, 10:56 AM

Spot on. I really believe that people just think "oooh its Rangers, they will be good" We should have battered them even in the games they managed to beat us. They were 100% prepared for the Championship and the struggled to win games all year (granted they won a fair few but they were bang average in most games). They are not suddenly going to sign great young talent as most players wouldnt touch them. A full close season to prepare will make us a different team come the start of this league.

JimBHibees
29-05-2015, 10:59 AM
Which might tip the balance for our players agreeing to stay on for a crack at them :aok:

Hope so I am hoping them staying down means Scott Allan stays for example.

blackpoolhibs
29-05-2015, 11:00 AM
Lets be honest here, nobody knows what will happen over the summer at ibrox. We dont know who the manager will be, we dont know what players that are out of contract will be retained, and we dont know who they will sign or indeed who will sign them?

We know who's in charge at Hibs, and that he has a clear vision on what and where he wants us to be.

We kept being told how hertz had prepared for this league for a year, well we are going to be just as prepared.

IMO the Rangers wont be, hopefully we can take advantage.

JimBHibees
29-05-2015, 11:01 AM
Spot on. I really believe that people just think "oooh its Rangers, they will be good" We should have battered them even in the games they managed to beat us. They were 100% prepared for the Championship and the struggled to win games all year (granted they won a fair few but they were bang average in most games). They are not suddenly going to sign great young talent as most players wouldnt touch them. A full close season to prepare will make us a different team come the start of this league.

I think the worry is though that we didnt batter them. In the play off games I think one or two aside we didnt really create many clear cut chances. Alot of the ball getting crossed in and scrambles in the box but not a huge amount of clear chances. Thought our strikers movement and anticipation at times was pretty poor.

emerald green
29-05-2015, 11:02 AM

How do you know they have no money, or that future investment will not be forthcoming? I personally don't know what the current financial position is at Ibrox as I don't have access to their books.

You say if they stay down they will just get "deeper in debt". OK, so presumably that will also apply to Hibs then, or any other club in a similar situation? All / most clubs carry some level of debt. It's how that debt is managed that matters.

I don't want anyone to think I'm an apologist for the Ibrox club. I despise them, and I've posted to that effect often in the past. I just believe in trying to be realistic, that's all. I'd love to win the league by 10 points next season. Time will tell.

Smartie
29-05-2015, 11:11 AM
How do you know they have no money, or that future investment will not be forthcoming? I personally don't know what the current financial position is at Ibrox as I don't have access to their books.

You say if they stay down they will just get "deeper in debt". OK, so presumably that will also apply to Hibs then, or any other club in a similar situation? All / most clubs carry some level of debt. It's how that debt is managed that matters.

I don't want anyone to think I'm an apologist for the Ibrox club. I despise them, and I've posted to that effect often in the past. I just believe in trying to be realistic, that's all. I'd love to win the league by 10 points next season. Time will tell.

They are having to be bailed out regularly by the Easedales/ Ashley/ Park/ King.

They have made staggering losses every year since they raised all that money in the share issue (the money that I believe has run out over the past year).

The struggle to get regular credit facilities due to their questionable financial history.

Their crowds are going down year on year.

They are tied into terrible merchandise deals (this could be a major revenue stream for them).

Their financial problems run deeper than a few players on big wages.

Of course King could come in, lavish millions on them, they sell out Ibrox every week, Ashley is ousted and they sell bucket loads of special edition orange tops etc etc.

But can you really see that happening from this position, now?

Of course they have massive potential and I don't doubt that one day they will probably get their act together.

But at the moment I still think they're miles away.

Deansy
29-05-2015, 11:19 AM

Dunno but heard a rumour that the 'Samaritans' had to put a block on 'Persistent Nuisance-calls' that started at 9:40pm last night from a caller identified only as N. Doncaster ........................

Brightside
29-05-2015, 11:31 AM

They are millions in debt (yes?) They do not operate to a profit at the moment. They are not actively clearing that debt and not managing it. The continue to get "loans" from various masked men just to stop them going into admin.

We are a properly run club that operates withint the confines of a budget.

Lets make it 15 points! :greengrin:greengrin

Brightside
29-05-2015, 11:32 AM
Lets be honest here, nobody knows what will happen over the summer at ibrox. We dont know who the manager will be, we dont know what players that are out of contract will be retained, and we dont know who they will sign or indeed who will sign them?

We know who's in charge at Hibs, and that he has a clear vision on what and where he wants us to be.

We kept being told how hertz had prepared for this league for a year, well we are going to be just as prepared.

I find myself agreeing with BH.....NURSE!!!

Deansy
29-05-2015, 01:04 PM

Sorry but I disagree. The Hun aren't the hun of the past 30 or so years - 30 or so years when MONEY - and money alone - brought their success !. Prior to that, as one of their own directors said, something along the lines of 'Before all this (big-money), people forget that Rangers were nothing more than a popular West of Scotland football club' - and he was right !. Money, NOT football changed them into the 'Big team' of the 80's, 90's - they've never been known as a FOOTBALL team, they've always been known for preferring big, strong dirty players with a 'They shall not pass one way or another' mindset. Historically, here just isn't a true 'football-minded' school of thought at 'Greyskull'. A Hun-team without money ? - google their 'standards/levels' prior to Lawrence Marlborough's arrival.

pennyhibee
29-05-2015, 01:52 PM
Hertz never spent a penny and pished it

This

liamh2202
29-05-2015, 02:14 PM

I think they will be just as bad if not worse next season

Gerard
29-05-2015, 06:04 PM
I hope our team wins by at least as many points as the 'westsiders', hopefully more:wink:.

emerald green
29-05-2015, 06:19 PM
They are having to be bailed out regularly by the Easedales/ Ashley/ Park/ King.

They have made staggering losses every year since they raised all that money in the share issue (the money that I believe has run out over the past year).

The struggle to get regular credit facilities due to their questionable financial history.

Their crowds are going down year on year.

They are tied into terrible merchandise deals (this could be a major revenue stream for them).

Their financial problems run deeper than a few players on big wages.

Of course King could come in, lavish millions on them, they sell out Ibrox every week, Ashley is ousted and they sell bucket loads of special edition orange tops etc etc.

But can you really see that happening from this position, now?

Of course they have massive potential and I don't doubt that one day they will probably get their act together.

But at the moment I still think they're miles away.

They are millions in debt (yes?) They do not operate to a profit at the moment. They are not actively clearing that debt and not managing it. The continue to get "loans" from various masked men just to stop them going into admin.

We are a properly run club that operates withint the confines of a budget.

Lets make it 15 points! :greengrin:greengrin

Sorry but I disagree. The Hun aren't the hun of the past 30 or so years - 30 or so years when MONEY - and money alone - brought their success !. Prior to that, as one of their own directors said, something along the lines of 'Before all this (big-money), people forget that Rangers were nothing more than a popular West of Scotland football club' - and he was right !. Money, NOT football changed them into the 'Big team' of the 80's, 90's - they've never been known as a FOOTBALL team, they've always been known for preferring big, strong dirty players with a 'They shall not pass one way or another' mindset. Historically, here just isn't a true 'football-minded' school of thought at 'Greyskull'. A Hun-team without money ? - google their 'standards/levels' prior to Lawrence Marlborough's arrival.

You will all be surprised no doubt that I don't disagree with a lot of what has been posted above, especially what Deansy has posted!

My point remains though, that despite all the financial mis-management (cheating even) that's gone on at Ibrox for years, I still believe they will have a much better team on the pitch next season than the one they currently have. That's where the danger to Hibs may lie. Just my opinion though.

Would anyone accept / agree that the current Ibrox squad is probably the worst they can ever remember?

tamig
29-05-2015, 06:39 PM

Well said. Some still fall for King's £20m claims though and it's all doom and gloom. We will hit the ground running this time round. I am sure of it.

HIBBYSTU T
29-05-2015, 06:57 PM

hibees 7062
29-05-2015, 07:49 PM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11000731_1601059546829839_396233089264357695_n.jpg ?oh=a68521c6e981e72770b5b0a859d6a90d&oe=55F41A47

SteveHFC
31-05-2015, 12:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=19&v=QHXDlUx2vm4

Hoping we adopt this for next season.