PDA

View Full Version : Huns v Well - Ref Watch

Pages : 1 [2] 3

edwards
28-05-2015, 08:06 PM
I've been telling anyone who would listen for weeks that League Construction would happen if Rangers failed to get up.....

Defo unless of course they get a couple back but can't see it the well might get another or a couple as rangers have to open up and attack.

Zazu62
Are the Rangers time wasting again like they did when they played us?

liamh2202
On what basis (other than the Glib liar saying he is going to invest) do you think that Rangers will have money to spend?

People just seem to have bought into the rangers vision

Hannah_hfc
28-05-2015, 08:07 PM
The cry was no promotion.
Brilliant :greengrin

mutley
We finished above them before, and we can do it again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

high bee
Been trying to find the link to that Rangers article

Rangers are on the brink of something brilliant.... Hahaha

ManBearPig
28-05-2015, 08:08 PM
Stubbs budget will increase!

hibbytam
To bring the thread back on topic, 2 blatant fouls ignored by the ref, one right under his nose.

He's doing his best.

One Day Soon
Its not personal i have no idea who you are.

If it is directed at me it is personal to me surely? Anyway this has nothing to do with testicles, fear or whatever other Braveheart language you want to use. It is about relative spending power and they will outgun us substantially - much more next season than this.

We didn't spend to win the league this season, we spent to get second place while hoping that somehow we might fluke first. With them still in this division our owners are not going to suddenly decide to go for the risky spend when they know we will be outspent anyway. Playoffs again next season at best.

Jim44
The worried look on the ref's face is a picture. :greengrin

liamh2202
Is Templeton injured. Personally think he's there best player

hibees 7062
So, I take it league reconstruction will be urgently discussed tomorrow.

Tonight

SunshineOnLeith
Looks like the tabloids will have the come up with a new narrative tomorrow, you can forget about Scott Allan huns!

kaimendhibs
28-05-2015, 08:09 PM
Their owner has the money to spend, their supporters will end their boycott and they will spend a LOT more than us.

In your opinion. In mine they will get no great money, they have to pay off loans and I trust Stubbs to put out an excellent team. I prefer my version

Hibernia&Alba
Huns getting angry and putting the fouls in.

Hank Schrader
As are your baws judging by your wee scared posts.

:greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
If you're scared about the budget, go buy a season ticket and grow it. In Stubbsy we trust

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

Hermit Crab
The papers have the Rangers promoted and the Rangers believe and this is what happens. Fall flat on their ugly faces.

liamh2202
If it is directed at me it is personal to me surely? Anyway this has nothing to do with testicles, fear or whatever other Braveheart language you want to use. It is about relative spending power and they will outgun us substantially - much more next season than this.

We didn't spend to win the league this season, we spent to get second place while hoping that somehow we might fluke first. With them still in this division our owners are not going to suddenly decide to go for the risky spend when they know we will be outspent anyway. Playoffs again next season at best.

What about the outspending power they had this season.. What players do you actually think.they could attract??

high bee
To bring the thread back on topic, 2 blatant fouls ignored by the ref, one right under his nose.

He's doing his best.

He's upset the locals with that decision, good refereeing.

Soldiersteve
28-05-2015, 08:10 PM
:top marks

:cb
:agree:

Allant1981
They will freshen things up in the summer. Dave King said he's going to invest.

Dave king is a crook, i really cant see them investing if they stay in the first division

CropleyWasGod

But that doesn't mean that our budget will be reduced, does it?

Hiber-nation
The filth now kicking Well off the park and of course getting away with it.

One Day Soon
On what basis (other than the Glib liar saying he is going to invest) do you think that Rangers will have money to spend?

On the basis that their fan boycott is over now they have a new owner and on the basis that this owner has money. In both respects - season tickets and owner cash - they outgun us by a very, very long way.

Bishop Hibee
Out so haven't seen it. Bro says pace is the difference. Stubbs will be watching.

Greencore
Craig Whyte had money to spend as well.

flash
28-05-2015, 08:11 PM

I disagree. I think they will still be financially embarrassed and any squad alterations will reflect this. Add to that the bigger gates and increased media exposure we will get then it can only be a good thing.

One Day Soon
28-05-2015, 08:11 PM
If you're scared about the budget, go buy a season ticket and grow it. In Stubbsy we trust

I already have one. What should I do to grow it, put it in a pot and add water?

Hibernia&Alba
28-05-2015, 08:12 PM
Come on Well, get a fourth.

iwasthere1972
The Rangers rode their luck against QoTS and us. Finally it's run out.

tamig

Pish. We were in no position to challenge this season. We are in a great place to hit the ground running next season. Stop worrying about other teams and what glib and shameless has fed you. I think he's been making assumptions that promotion was in the bag. Let's see what happens. One thing I do know is we'll be ready from day 1 this time.

Sergey
What an odious cretin Kenny Miller has turned into.

A Hun/Tic in every way.

Ozyhibby
Can't remember Hearts fans wetting themselves like some Hibs fans on here tonight at the thought of playing Rangers next year. Maybe that's why they did so well.

H18S NX
:greengrin:top marks

eastterrace
28-05-2015, 08:13 PM
Are the Rangers time wasting again like they did when they played us?

funny that when the ball goes into the crowd it comes straight back on again, no flinging it about in amongst those morons this time.

Hibernia&Alba
Good chance missed by Well.

HoboHarry
On the basis that their fan boycott is over now they have a new owner and on the basis that this owner has money. In both respects - season tickets and owner cash - they outgun us by a very, very long way.
Thus far (and CWG should correct me if I am wrong) all that the 3 Bears have invested is 1.5 millions each in loans. Add that to the Ashley loans and thats a chunk of change to pay back - DK is not going to drop a wad of cash into that club. No chance....

One Day Soon
28-05-2015, 08:14 PM
But that doesn't mean that our budget will be reduced, does it?

I'm pretty confident that we will not risk spending as much as we might otherwise have done when our competitor can outspend us substantially. Our owners will not see that as a sensible risk. They will now spend for second, not first.

high bee
Maybe this is a ploy by King so he doesn't have to pay MA that £500k for the loanees? He really hates paying bills.

hibees 7062

Hertz never spent a penny and pished it

overdrive
What an odious cretin Kenny Miller has turned into.

A Hun/Tic in every way.

The only player to have played for all three odious Old Firm clubs

liamh2202
Can't remember Hearts fans wetting themselves like some Hibs fans on here tonight at the thought of playing Rangers next year. Maybe that's why they did so well.

👍

Weststandwanab
28-05-2015, 08:15 PM
Been trying to find the link to that Rangers article

Rangers are on the brink of something brilliant.... Hahaha Admin 2 I think unless there is League reconstruction. Cue Donkeyster

One Day Soon
28-05-2015, 08:15 PM
I disagree. I think they will still be financially embarrassed and any squad alterations will reflect this. Add to that the bigger gates and increased media exposure we will get then it can only be a good thing.

Bigger gates and increased media exposure? Dream on. The only media story is going to be about The Rangers promotion push as it was most of this season.

zlatan
28-05-2015, 08:16 PM
How many season tickets have the hun sold off the back of the lying kings spiel?

Borderhibbie76
I'm pretty confident that we will not risk spending as much as we might otherwise have done when our competitor can outspend us substantially. Our owners will not see that as a sensible risk. They will now spend for second, not first.

what nonsense...u really are a glass half empty tonight ffs

Gordy M
Im sorry mate, but you are now just making things up?! Or explain to me how you spend to get 2nd?

flash
28-05-2015, 08:17 PM
Bigger gates and increased media exposure? Dream on. The only media story is going to be about The Rangers promotion push as it was most of this season.

Well bigger gates surely with The Rangers visiting twice. Or have I got that wrong too.

Joe6-2
28-05-2015, 08:17 PM
The only player to have played for all three odious Old Firm clubs

Ha ha!!

tamig
28-05-2015, 08:18 PM

The football budget is the same for next season. That's already been stated by the club. Not more and not less.

PPZPOL
Can't wait till Scott Allan signs for Rangers.....

CropleyWasGod

And if DK decides that the best way to proceed is to push the button on another insolvency, and take a 25 point hit...... which is a possibility, one which he will be seriously considering this evening.......spending for second would be a bit daft.

One Day Soon
Pish. We were in no position to challenge this season. We are in a great place to hit the ground running next season. Stop worrying about other teams and what glib and shameless has fed you. I think he's been making assumptions that promotion was in the bag. Let's see what happens. One thing I do know is we'll be ready from day 1 this time.

Which is it you think is pish?

1. Them outspending us.
2. Us not spending to win the league.
3. Our owners deciding that trying to outspend The Rangers for the title is too risky.
4. Playoffs at best.

lucky
This result is not good for Hibs. It makes automatic promotion more difficult. I can't see Rangers being as bad next season as this. Rangers just can't cope with Motherwell's pace.

stoneyburn hibs

Still doesn't guarantee them 1st place, they had a far superior budget than us this season and we finished above them even after our terrible start.

Carheenlea

I`ll be buying Ibrox tickets as soon as they come on sale as usual next season, but I`d rather not be as I believe our promotion chances will be greater without Rangers in the league. Nobody`s wetting themselves, just expressing an opinion.

One Day Soon
28-05-2015, 08:19 PM

Not on this planet he didn't.

HoboHarry
28-05-2015, 08:19 PM
Spend for second? :faf: How do you do that?

Hibernia&Alba
28-05-2015, 08:20 PM
Great save by Well keeper.

One Day Soon
Spend for second? :faf: How do you do that?

Weren't you watching this season?

NAE NOOKIE

Parties must be a hoot roond your hoose

Matt92
Don't think I have EVER got so much enjoyment from a team other than Hibs scoring goals...loving this. Motherwell are my new favourite 2nd team.

To any h*ns looking in: HAHAHA you manky unwashed weegie *******s: see ya next season!!

liamh2202
28-05-2015, 08:21 PM

1. Them outspending us.
3. Our owners deciding that trying to outspend The Rangers for the title is too risky.
4. Playoffs at best.

What gives you the impression outspending works?? The team with the biggest budget last year finished 3rd. The team that spent nothing won the league?

One Day Soon

Yeah, sure it is.

flash

What do you even mean by that?

Gordy M
28-05-2015, 08:22 PM
Yeh i did and we finished 2nd behind a team than spent less than us and above a team that spent more??

iwasthere1972
Ha ha McCall. Wish he had fallen on his erse.

ManBearPig
Hahaha did u see mccall

Matt92
McCall in there like a ****ing rat :faf:

Bostonhibby
Delighted to see the new boys getting a doing after all the media support they have enjoyed. King won't spend his own money. Only concern I'd have would be if they shamelessly borrowed more and better players from their nemesis Mike Ashley😊

Thecat23
McCall was like an old drunk chasing a balloon there!

SteveHFC
Twitter is wonderful reading at the moment :faf:

AngusHibby
28-05-2015, 08:23 PM
http://whatculture.com/sport/rangers-transfers-10-players-they-must-sign-this-summer.php for anyone who missed it

HoboHarry
What do you even mean by that?
He is at the wind up but only succeeding in making himself look silly.....

Stax
Im sorry mate, but you are now just making things up?! Or explain to me how you spend to get 2nd?
You spend what we did this year :greengrin

high bee
I've just identified 11 transfer targets for next season for everyone worried about our chances...

tamig
28-05-2015, 08:24 PM

1. Them outspending us.
4. Playoffs at best.

Your outlandish claim that we spent to get second place. We spent what we could afford ffs. Get real.

liamh2202
Yeh i did and we finished 2nd behind a team than spent less than us and above a team that spent more??

Don't let the truth get in the way of a flawed argument mate.. King is going to spend billions and they are going to be world beaters don't you know

high bee
http://whatculture.com/sport/rangers-transfers-10-players-they-must-sign-this-summer.php for anyone who missed it

That's what I was looking for, great reading.

One Day Soon
28-05-2015, 08:25 PM

You think we assembled a squad aimed at winning the league this year?

AngusHibby
Bobby Madden missing out a lot of fouls on motherwell players

Just Alf
Just in from work... Not seen much of game and none of thread.. , but this is brilliant! There's no way the Rangers can chuck money at this in the close season and if we can keep things together player wise we will "take" them easy :thumbsup:

Weststandwanab
And if DK decides that the best way to proceed is to push the button on another insolvency, and take a 25 point hit...... which is a possibility, one which he will be seriously considering this evening.......spending for second would be a bit daft.

If DK pushes the button tomorrow morning does the 25 point deduction come off this season or next ?

Alfred E Newman
28-05-2015, 08:26 PM
This result is not good for Hibs. It makes automatic promotion more difficult. I can't see Rangers being as bad next season as this. Rangers just can't cope with Motherwell's pace.

Rangers will be thinking exactly the same.

CropleyWasGod
If DK pushes the button tomorrow morning does the 25 point deduction come off this season or next ?

Has to be next. League is over this season, shirley?

One Day Soon
Well bigger gates surely with The Rangers visiting twice. Or have I got that wrong too.

We had that this season plus Hearts. We'll be worse off in that regard next season - not that I think that matters so much though.

liamh2202

This league season is over. As they stated in the ticket allocations argument

Iggy Pope
Can one of you lot soiling yourselves about facing the Huns next season tell me the last time Hibs beat Motherwell 4 times in a season?

All this supposition about stronger Huns and weaker Well is just that.

Motherwell ARE A BETTER SIDE THAN RANGERS.

End of, etc.

HH81
28-05-2015, 08:27 PM
If Rangers don't get one back this game you have to say tie over?

high bee

I'm sure the SFA would just make it up to suit them.

darwenhibby
Time to go for that early bus it seams

Green forever
28-05-2015, 08:28 PM
Thought the unwashed didn't do walking away ?

HoboHarry
I hadn't seen that - surely the writer of the article doesn't believe that pile of nonsense? Surely?

Matt92
Its the h*ns booing and getting all upset at timewasting, fouling etc...welcome to our world you bunch of ****s.

So good.

One Day Soon

In those circumstances it would be very daft. We're not at those circumstances. I sincerely hope we get to them though for our sake.

Bostonhibby
If Rangers don't get one back this game you have to say tie over?
Fans seem to think so. They're doing walking away again

ManBearPig
28-05-2015, 08:29 PM
Hahah the irony of getting upset at time wasting

hibee_girl
3-1

One Day Soon
Get in!

Sir David Gray
3-1

matty_f
3-1

'kin booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

CropleyWasGod
I'm sure the SFA would just make it up to suit them.

Nothing to do with them.

Gordy M
You think we assembled a squad aimed at winning the league this year?
After the debacle of butcher, and once stubbs identified his own players, yeh im pretty sure we did. Unfortunately by that time we had fallen too far behind. Genuine questiin, did the team with the biggest budget, which is ur argument, finish top of the league? If not, why?

Hibernia&Alba
Thought the unwashed didn't do walking away ?

That's only when they're winning.

1-3. Bugger

jacomo

Let's not panic. Them staying down also means bigger gates and more interest in our Division. And probably another mutiny in Govan.

JeMeSouviens
The New Huns are going from crisis loan to crisis loan. Their plan is yet another share issue to bail them out.

Hiber-nation
28-05-2015, 08:30 PM
Typical, shouldn't be on the pitch after his assault earlier.

jacomo
That's only when they're winning.

1-3. Bugger

Dang.

Diclonius
Sportscene is going wild now, I bet.

tamig
We had that this season plus Hearts. We'll be worse off in that regard next season - not that I think that matters so much though.

And do you not think our crowds will be higher if we get off to a flier then and keep it going?

Joe6-2
Get in!

What!

liamh2202
Get in!

Lol could never Bring myself to react to an old firm goal in that way

flash
28-05-2015, 08:31 PM
Get in!

Too far.

Jonnyboy
3-1

Leading to a celebratory rendering of the cry was no surrender. Of course as we all know it's only a minority that sing such songs :wink:

One Day Soon

Let's go with your logic then. Petrie needs to make sure we spend less than The Rangers next season to give us our best chance of automatic promotion.

JeMeSouviens
28-05-2015, 08:32 PM
Leading to a celebratory rendering of the cry was no surrender. Of course as we all know it's only a minority that sing such songs :wink:

It's thur tradishuns!

kaimendhibs
The Rangers fans are coming back in😂😂😂😂

CropleyWasGod
Let's go with your logic then. Petrie needs to make sure we spend less than The Rangers next season to give us our best chance of automatic promotion.

Petrie? :greengrin

One Day Soon
Too far.

Not far enough. They need another to keep this open for the second leg. I'll grant you it IS an unclean feeling....

high bee
Far too deep here

Matt92
28-05-2015, 08:33 PM
Sickening how the commentators are willing them back into it..."Ibrox is lifted!!!" "Rangers back in it!!"

They are 3-1 down at home. Shut the **** up.

Lago
Correct, its time we stopped apologising and started fronting up the rangers and celtic of this world. Sick and tired of the defeatism in Scottish football.
I hope really hope they crash and burn over these two games.

Lucius Apuleius
Bottle merchants. 😋

Sir David Gray

Not a sectarian song according to the SFA a couple of years ago. :rolleyes:

McKenzie
I already have one. What should I do to grow it, put it in a pot and add water?

Well there's many ways to grow the budget, if you're trying to be smart. Shares, leith links and kicks for kids.

mca
28-05-2015, 08:34 PM

I Would Never LOWER Myself to that Either

sesoim

Well, the way Hibs have performed over recent years hasn't given us much reason to be confident. Anyone who wants Rangers to get beat by Motherwell needs their head tested. Even if Rangers go up, will we do any better against Motherwell, Falkirk, QOS, etc? Either way, I personally want as weak a league as possible.

I also hope Stubbs has worked out by now that he needs to have more than one approach if he wants to beat the afformentioned teams. Getting the right signings to help break down oppositon defences and get the goals we need is going to be vital.

JeMeSouviens
Sickening how the commentators are willing them back into it..."Ibrox is lifted!!!" "Rangers back in it!!"

They are 3-1 down at home. Shut the **** up.

According to Rob McLean, "the tie has come alive". :rolleyes:

tamig

Give up pal. You"re getting worse.

cabbageandribs1875
28-05-2015, 08:35 PM
argghhh forgot this was on, turned over just in time to see the bigoted filthy s*um score, will there be a rerun of the full game on BT sports ?

i take it murrawell were playing raher better than they have done in the last 10 mins, or was it 3 breakaway goals

One Day Soon
28-05-2015, 08:36 PM
After the debacle of butcher, and once stubbs identified his own players, yeh im pretty sure we did. Unfortunately by that time we had fallen too far behind. Genuine questiin, did the team with the biggest budget, which is ur argument, finish top of the league? If not, why?

They did not because their manager was a joke as were their signings during a prolonged period of instability. That's coming to an end. Hearts had the advantage of building the core of a strong young squad during their relegation season and keeping them together. Then they got a very good management team and brought in more players. Don't think they haven't spent - they have.

hibee_girl
Boyd scores but he's a mile offside :faf:

SunshineOnLeith
Correct, its time we stopped apologising and started fronting up the rangers and celtic of this world. Sick and tired of the defeatism in Scottish football.
I hope really hope they crash and burn over these two games.

It's one attention seeking harbinger of doom trying to piss on everyone's chips, the rest of us are too busy laughing!

Gordy M
Sorry? What are you talking about? I trust stubbs and LD to assemble the best team we can afford to challenge to win the league. Spending more than rangers does not guarantee finishing above them as this season proved. Both hibs and hearts spent less than them and won more points than them. Is that logical enough for you??

Hibernia&Alba
28-05-2015, 08:37 PM
According to Rob McLean, "the tie has come alive". :rolleyes:

Surely not. I bet he's commentating in his Rangers scarf.

bingo70
28-05-2015, 08:37 PM
If the officials were as corrupt as folk are suggesting they'd have allowed the goal

madhatter
28-05-2015, 08:38 PM
Rangers paid the price of arrogance - they defended pretty much for 180mins against us (at least their priority was to pick us off) but then for a pacey team they decided to open up and were caught with 2-3 at the back for two of the goals. They've been fortunate to get a goal in this leg and Motherwell should have scored at least 2 more goals.

HoboHarry
Boyd scores but he's a mile offside :faf:
Well his belly was. His ar*e was still onside........

One Day Soon
And do you not think our crowds will be higher if we get off to a flier then and keep it going?

Like this season you mean?

Lucius Apuleius
If the officials were as corrupt as folk are suggesting they'd have allowed the goal

And given a penalty.

Kavinho
28-05-2015, 08:39 PM
Motherwell are cacking themselves here.

GreenLake
Watch the ref blow two or three minutes after +4min time added.

kaimendhibs

We didn't get off to a flyer

high bee
28-05-2015, 08:40 PM
Let's see if the ref blows for FT before the added time is up today?

One Day Soon
It's one attention seeking harbinger of doom trying to piss on everyone's chips, the rest of us are too busy laughing!

Yeah let's prefer the short term thrill over what gives us the best chance next season.

McIntosh
My deep and enduring hatred for Rangers means I could never support them at anything.

tamig
28-05-2015, 08:41 PM

We got off to a flier this season? By we I mean Hibs btw.

hibee_girl
Full time

GreenLake
He was only 15 seconds late.

liamh2202
Well his belly was. His ar*e was still onside........

Pmsl

One Day Soon
We didn't get off to a flyer

I know. That's my point.

Greencore
FT ! Well done Motherwell.

liamh2202
28-05-2015, 08:43 PM
Yeah let's prefer the short term thrill over what gives us the best chance next season.

In your opinion

Sir David Gray
Full time, 3-1.

ManBearPig
Well done well. But it's still alive

One Day Soon
My deep and enduring hatred for Rangers means I could never support them at anything.

My love for Hibs means I couldn't give a f*** about which other teams win or lose to further our interests.

Cod Boy
Pace in the wide areas was the difference

Lago
28-05-2015, 08:44 PM
He has certainly pissed me off.

One Day Soon
In your opinion

Obviously.

cabbageandribs1875
oh well, was looking forward to good decent atmosphere from the away fans at ER next season...now we have the vile s*um for at least two visits :rolleyes:

unless murrawell play like they did in the last 10 mins of tonights game

The_Horde
He was only 15 seconds late.

Would've allowed us one more attack..

DH1875
Gutted. Not because motherwell won but because tonights game just highlights just how unlucky we are. If we'd have carried any luck we'd have knocked rangers out.

Hibernia&Alba
Get in there. Shame Hunco got one back, meaning it isn't quite over, but surely Motherwell won't blow it in the way we did last year.

tamig
28-05-2015, 08:45 PM
I know. That's my point.

Ok. Let me spell it out. We were under prepared at the start of this season. We will be ready to go at the start of next. That gives us a far better chance of getting off to a flying start. That's how I see it going. If that happens, we will see a rise in crowds. You clearly won't see it that way though.

zlatan
28-05-2015, 08:46 PM
I'm not one for the old refs helping the old firm chat but that last 15 minutes from Madden was terrible :hilarious

One Day Soon
28-05-2015, 08:46 PM
We got off to a flier this season? By we I mean Hibs btw.

No we didn't, which is my point. Relying on that is a ropey strategy. By we I don't mean anyone but Rangers btw.

HH81
28-05-2015, 08:47 PM
After watching that how do you think Hibs would have done v Motherwell?

blackpoolhibs

Kavinho
Well finished that game looking like they'd spent most of the season losing.
They are a better side than Rangers.
Calmness and composure should see them through.

Good call restricting the away allocation now. . You'd want everything in your favour fire the second leg.

In response to the debate going on for most of this match, we will have just as much chance of winning the league competing with either of those 2 sides.

Fear no one next year.

Big_Franck
28-05-2015, 08:48 PM
Delighted with that result.

Get it right up ye ya bunch of manky weegie hun ****s.

liamh2202
28-05-2015, 08:49 PM
oh well, was looking forward to good decent atmosphere from the away fans at ER next season...now we have the vile s*um for at least two visits :rolleyes:

Hopefully only half a stand full of them or even better they might boycott completely

hibees 7062
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/11110882_1157269817632389_7375142613620172243_n.jp g?oh=7001e57c3f48d8f20572fdfee05ec940&oe=55C60EB9

edwards
Great result Motherwell with Rankgers getting that goal will mean Well will be up for the game at home 3-0 up might have meant them being over confident.

Pete

I tried to fight it but it was no use. My mind changed the minute they took to the pitch and it was Motherwell all the way.

No doubt we'll be hearing about how the playoffs are fundamentally flawed and aren't fair.

Jim44

At 3-0 the tie was over. It's now wide open with Motherwell slight favourites.

Lago
My love for Hibs means I couldn't give a f*** about which other teams win or lose to further our interests.

Not sure what your saying, but hopefully it makes sense to you.

MrAware
28-05-2015, 08:50 PM
How anyone could want Motherwell to win is beyond me.

I don't care if Rangers are dislikeable, it's still better they go up from hibs point of view. No doubt about it.

We want the easiest route possible into Premiership next season but that will obviously be made harder by Rangers staying down.

We aren't even guaranteed to finish above Falkirk and QoS so why risk it even more?

Hibernia&Alba
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/11110882_1157269817632389_7375142613620172243_n.jp g?oh=7001e57c3f48d8f20572fdfee05ec940&oe=55C60EB9

Brilliant.

Kavinho

But surely that's not what you said the entire way through your debate with tamig...?
You want rangers to win the tie so we don't have to face them?

One Day Soon
Ok. Let me spell it out. We were under prepared at the start of this season. We will be ready to go at the start of next. That gives us a far better chance of getting off to a flying start. That's how I see it going. If that happens, we will see a rise in crowds. You clearly won't see it that way though.

If we get off to a flyer we will see a rise in crowds. However that rise in crowds won't come in time to support Stubbs' spending and it won't allow us to match the Rangers spend. I think it is incontestably the case that it is better to face a club of Motherwell's size than Rangers in competing for the title next year.

I expect that we will be much better prepared for the start of next season. So will Rangers however.

Pete
Hamilton, Hamilton blah blah.

Talk about straw clutching!

liamh2202
28-05-2015, 08:51 PM

I don't care if Rangers are dislikeable, it's still better they go up from hibs point of view. No doubt about it.

We want the easiest route possible into Premiership next season but that will obviously be made harder by Rangers staying down.

We aren't even guaranteed to finish above Falkirk and QoS so why risk it even more?

How is it obvious when Motherwell just beat them all ends up??

GreenArmyyy!
I want another crack at The Rangers so I say get it round them!

Pete

Do me a favour.

McIntosh
28-05-2015, 08:53 PM
You will have to persuade some of our fellow posters of your postion - a few of them were happy when they scored. As for me, I can never forgive or forget what they represent - a vile form of sectarianism, to me they are not a football club but the embodiment of Scotland's shame.

One Day Soon
But surely that's not what you said the entire way through your debate with tamig...?
You want rangers to win the tie so we don't have to face them?

No, its exactly what I have been saying. I can choke down Hearts, Rangers or anyone else winning or losing any game as necessary if it is in our interests. Rangers winning tonight would have been much, much safer territory for us.

Cod Boy

Yes get it up them horrible gits

FranckSuzy
Well there's many ways to grow the budget, if you're trying to be smart. Shares, leith links and kicks for kids.

:aok: Or HSL :agree:

liamh2202
28-05-2015, 08:54 PM
You will have to persuade some of our fellow posters of your postion - a few of them were happy when they scored. As for me, I can never forgive or forget what they represent - a vile form of sectarianism, to me they are not a football club but the embodiment of Scotland's shame.

This.... They are half of an institution I would love to see destroyed and gone forever

Niffy
I think this IS the easiest route back up , as the powers that be will be ****ing themselves The Rangers fail to go up next season, so you can bet on reconstruction.

I was also thinking, I wonder if there was a planned administration at Rangers if they had went up, then grabbing enough points to survive the SPL... they'll surely struggle to raise finances another year in the Championship.

Better still, for all the apes from Ibrox are convinced it was not their fault they were liquidated, and how they have risen to prove all their enemies wrong. Finishing third in the Championship behind Hearts & Hibs IS their fault. They can't go blaming Tom, Dick or Paddy for not being in the SPL next season.

Kavinho

Absolutely

hibbytam

I would hope that we'll improve over the summer, and significantly beyond Falkirk and QoS. And Sevco, if they're still around,

pontius pilate
28-05-2015, 08:55 PM
League reconstruction anyone that wil happen if results don't go a certain way on sunday

MrAware
28-05-2015, 08:56 PM
Delighted with that result.

Get it right up ye ya bunch of manky weegie hun ****s.

Intelligently put...

Why would you want to risk being in Championship an extra year? Think about it.

One Day Soon
28-05-2015, 08:57 PM

Just venting/expressing my own view. Not expecting or trying to persuade anybody of anything. There are Greeks who think you can get rid of austerity by voting it away. Reality has a way of asserting itself unfortunately. With any luck Motherwell will cave in the second leg, can't see it now though.

Cod Boy
Intelligently put...

Finished above them in the league and will do it again

Aldo
How anyone could want Motherwell to win is beyond me. I don't care if Rangers are dislikeable, it's still better they go up from hibs point of view. No doubt about it. We want the easiest route possible into Premiership next season but that will obviously be made harder by Rangers staying down. We aren't even guaranteed to finish above Falkirk and QoS so why risk it even more?

Really. Der Hun will not fancy another season in the Championship with us. We did finish above them, Falkirk and QOTS.

It's not our results against them that are important it's against the rest.

liamh2202
Intelligently put...

Gie it a rest.. What don't you get.. Some of us would prefer to have the huns in the league. and feel that is the easiest way to win it next year.

Kavinho
28-05-2015, 08:58 PM
No, its exactly what I have been saying. I can choke down Hearts, Rangers or anyone else winning or losing any game as necessary if it is in our interests. Rangers winning tonight would have been much, much safer territory for us.

Ah right. Well that really wasn't clear! I read that to be Im only interested in Hibs results..

fwiw, i simply don't agree that a rangers win puts us in a better place.
Ive read your full argument, but you haven't convinced me. Sorry.

Pete
28-05-2015, 08:58 PM
There's no way we will sell Scott Allan to Sevco now which means we might be stronger.

There are lots of ways of looking at this.

MrAware
28-05-2015, 09:00 PM
I would hope that we'll improve over the summer, and significantly beyond Falkirk and QoS. And Sevco, if they're still around,

Well, we can't have as low a point total as we did this year so up beyond 80.

But the point is, Rangers won't have an awful manager then awful caretaker next year. They will have a good manager in place. So basically we will be sitting worried the whole season for the play-offs.

I don't like Rangers and if i supported any other team I'd want them to stay down but as I'm a Hibee, i 100% want them to beat Motherwell. Each year in this league is losing us young fans. We don't want a maroon Edinburgh do we.

tamig
28-05-2015, 09:01 PM
If we get off to a flyer we will see a rise in crowds. However that rise in crowds won't come in time to support Stubbs' spending and it won't allow us to match the Rangers spend. I think it is incontestably the case that it is better to face a club of Motherwell's size than Rangers in competing for the title next year.

I expect that we will be much better prepared for the start of next season. So will Rangers however.

I'm not sure what planet you're on but, financial basket case or not, the hun will always outspend us. We will never match them. What we can do is identify players than will gel as a great team. I trust Stubbs. I haven't been disappointed by any of his signings so far. Money in no way guarantees success. That was the case this season.

liamh2202
28-05-2015, 09:01 PM

But the point is, Rangers won't have an awful manager then awful caretaker next year. They will have a good manager in place. So basically we will be sitting worried the whole season for the play-offs.

I don't like Rangers and if i supported any other team I'd want them to stay down but as I'm a Hibee, i 100% want them to beat Motherwell. Each year in this league is losing us young fans. We don't want a maroon Edinburgh do we.

Who do you think will be rangers manager if they don't go up?

CropleyWasGod
28-05-2015, 09:04 PM
Who do you think will be rangers manager if they don't go up?

Bryan Jackson?

MrAware
28-05-2015, 09:05 PM
How is it obvious when Motherwell just beat them all ends up??

Did you not just see the semi play-offs? They beat us!

They also won't have the bad managers of McCoist or McDowall next season and will be spending money more wisely.

We are also at risk of losing out best player and top goalscorer.

It isn't rocket science to see that Championship will be harder with Rangers than a Motherwell side that will struggle to attract players and lose their best players.

This is common sense.

Nakedmanoncrack
28-05-2015, 09:06 PM
We'll go up when we deserve to go up, if its Sevco again next season so be it, can't say I'm too concerned if they stay down, especially when there is pleasure to be had at their expense.

Kavinho
28-05-2015, 09:06 PM

We'll have a whole season nip and tuck fighting it out for the title in my view.

One Day Soon
28-05-2015, 09:07 PM
I'm not sure what planet you're on but, financial basket case or not, the hun will always outspend us. We will never match them. What we can do is identify players than will gel as a great team. I trust Stubbs. I haven't been disappointed by any of his signings so far. Money in no way guarantees success. That was the case this season.

To be fair I'm not sure what planet you are on either.

I agree with everything you say about Stubbs and gelling the team. However while money does not guarantee success it certainly goes along way to helping it. If you honestly think that it is to our advantage to have a Rangers that is reviving in financial and football terms in our league next season rather than a relegated Motherwell then we are in very different places.

SteveHFC
28-05-2015, 09:08 PM
Just as the papers have predicted, Scott Allan looks set to play at Ibrox next season.

For Hibs.

Jim44
28-05-2015, 09:09 PM
Intelligently put...

League reconstruction anyone that wil happen if results don't go a certain way on sunday

Post match query - Can a donkey have kittens? :greengrin

Libby Hibby
28-05-2015, 09:09 PM
Did you not just see the semi play-offs? They beat us!

They also won't have the bad managers of McCoist or McDowall next season and will be spending money more wisely.

We are also at risk of losing out best player and top goalscorer.

It isn't rocket science to see that Championship will be harder with Rangers than a Motherwell side that will struggle to attract players and lose their best players.

This is common sense.

But we beat them also, just their aggregate was better.

Rangers are no great shakes and financially for them not to go up will be damaging...watch all the talk swiftly change to league reconstruction as soon as

Kavinho
28-05-2015, 09:10 PM
Reamers have a huge rebuilding job in the summer.
They may well be starting with a new manager and half a squad. ..

Sound familiar?
Took us 2 months to settle down.
We 'could' be the kind of distance ahead of them that hearts were against us this year...

HoboHarry
28-05-2015, 09:14 PM
Bryan Jackson?

Out of curiosity - if Rangers do fail to go up (and if there is no reconstruction), in your opinion , do you think that DK will take them into admin again?

silverhibee
28-05-2015, 09:15 PM
Don't know if this is a good or bad thing

Bad.

kaimendhibs
28-05-2015, 09:16 PM
Be no bother getting a ticket for ipox next season given the number on here who are giving in to them already. Sickening

Adniston Burn
28-05-2015, 09:17 PM
Absolutely delighted with that result. Could not give two hoots if the huns are in the Championship next season with us. If they are, bring it on.
"No amount of cajolery and no attempts at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Rangers. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin."

FitbaFolkKen
28-05-2015, 09:17 PM
It isn't old Rangers, the gap just isn't there anymore.

We have no reason to fear them, or any other team next season.

If Hibs do the right things over the summer and continue to improve the team and the club as a whole we will go up, nothing else to it in my opinion.

:gwa:

Carheenlea
28-05-2015, 09:18 PM
McCall was like an old drunk chasing a balloon there!

https://vine.co/v/ebDiHKJBid2

CropleyWasGod
28-05-2015, 09:19 PM
Out of curiosity - if Rangers do fail to go up (and if there is no reconstruction), in your opinion , do you think that DK will take them into admin again?

I have no real opinion on that, but it has to be in his thinking. I can't make up my mind whether it would be better doing it in the Championship or the Premiership.

There's no doubt that not getting promotion will affect his investment plans. It's also fair to say that, in the power struggle, Ashley has probably just scored a few points..... his grip on TRFC's knackers just got a little tighter. :greengrin

Thecat23
28-05-2015, 09:19 PM

😂😂

Deansy
28-05-2015, 09:20 PM
At 3-0 the tie was over. It's now wide open with Motherwell slight favourites.

Noticed that - yet when the Hun beat us 2-0, 'BT Sport' commentary-team, to a man, more or less, dismissed the return at ER. Hun get gubbed 3-1 at home tonight and if you didn't know the score, it sounded like the game had finished a draw and no side had the upper-hand !!

One Day Soon
28-05-2015, 09:21 PM
Noticed that - yet when the Hun beat us 2-0, 'BT Sport' commentary-team, to a man, more or less, dismissed the return at ER. Hun get gubbed 3-1 at home tonight and if you didn't know the score, it sounded like the game had finished a draw and no side had the upper-hand !!

Unfortunately however they turned out to be right.

HoboHarry
28-05-2015, 09:22 PM
I have no real opinion on that, but it has to be in his thinking. I can't make up my mind whether it would be better doing it in the Championship or the Premiership.

There's no doubt that not getting promotion will affect his investment plans. It's also fair to say that, in the power struggle, Ashley has probably just scored a few points..... his grip on TRFC's knackers just got a little tighter. :greengrin
Well I hope so but I got the feeling they were already yelping from pain :greengrin

Thecat23
Listen, what The Rangers do or don't do if they stay down doesn't matter.

If we take care of our games and learn from the mistakes from last season we have nothing to fear from anyone! This Rangers team won't turn into world beaters and I fully expect us to finish above them.

Let's not worry about what we can't control and worry about backing our boys and making sure we get along to ER to do our bit!

GGTTH 💚

AlbertK86
As I said earlier I wanted these ****bags out of the league but loved watching them get smashed

I'm not getting hung up now about them being in our league

If there is no reconstruction immediately there will be for the next season. No way the GFA will risk them not getting up so I reckon we will be up as champions with 2-5 coming up as well.

Bottom of the spfl premier - Hertz - will be relegated 😜

B.H.F.C
28-05-2015, 09:24 PM

If we take care of our games and learn from the mistakes from last season we have nothing to fear from anyone! This Rangers team won't turn into world beaters and I fully expect us to finish above them.

Let's not worry about what we can't control and worry about backing our boys and making sure we get along to ER to do our bit!

GGTTH 💚

Exactly. We won't start as badly as we did last year. For all the talk of them improving, we will too.

emerald green
28-05-2015, 09:25 PM
Why is it tho? We finished above them this season...no reason we cant do so again next season mate!! Lets not be so blood# defeatist

We finished three points above the worst Rangers team in living memory. People are kidding themselves on if they think The Rangers will be as bad as this next season once they clear out all the deadwood, and bring in much better players. That's the reason why Hibs might not finish above them next season. Who knows either way?

It's not a question of being defeatist. It's just being realistic.

I love it when that loathsome club and their awful supporters suffer a defeat. But, Hibs getting promotion next season is far more important as far as I'm concerned.

Just on another note. Would Hibs have beaten Motherwell over two legs, having lost to The Rangers?

Thecat23
28-05-2015, 09:25 PM
Exactly. We won't start as badly as we did last year. For all the talk of them improving, we will too.

Spot on!

Onion
28-05-2015, 09:26 PM
Really don't get all the angst and handwringing going on with some tonight. Yes, we'd prefer a weaker Championship next season , but we had our chance to do something about that in the PO semi. And even then, how many of us would fancy our chances against this Well side ? It's like being upset that some team that beat you in the Scottish Cup went on to win it. Tough !

Much of next season will depend on Hibs and how we approach it, not other teams. Do you think Hearts sat back feeling sorry for themselves at the beginning of this season and thought... oh ****, we've now got Hibs and The Rangers to deal with. Nope, they rolled their sleeves up and defied everyone, beat the Huns at Hunbrox and never looked back. That's the attitude we need at Hibs. Huns or Well, we've just got to beat the teams in front of us.

Meantime, some of us will just take some enjoyment in watching a cheating, bigotted, arrogant, favoured, excuse of a club get it's just deserts and languish for another year in the lower leagues - despite all their money and efforts of the authorities and media.

Stevie Reid

GGTTH 💚

Well said. I did want them to go up and I do think that the resources that they have at their disposal are a huge threat to us. That said, you are right that they're not going to become amazing overnight, and I do think that we have a better platform to move on from than them if they do stay down.

McCall is a very good manager and has a great signing record in the past, we'll see what he can do when he can sign players. But I've every faith in Stubbs and what we have going on a ER right now.

Bishop Hibee
While it's hilarious Newco got stuffed, it's not good news for us. The Lying King could be full of bull but if he does invest it will make it even more difficult to go straight up. As per our tie with Accies, it isn't over yet though.

mca
28-05-2015, 09:27 PM

Unfortunately however they turned out to be right.

I don't usually say such Things ...But My God Man ... your weegie Backed patter has been ganting fer the whole Thread...

Thecat23
28-05-2015, 09:28 PM
Well said. I did want them to go up and I do think that the resources that they have at their disposal are a huge threat to us. That said, you are right that they're not going to become amazing overnight, and I do think that we have a better platform to move on from than them if they do stay down.

McCall is a very good manager and has a great signing record in the past, we'll see what he can do when he can sign players. But I've every faith in Stubbs and what we have going on a ER right now.

Stubbs for me is the key. His belief in the club and the players will see us good! He's had a full season and now he will have the time over the summer to get players he wants.

They should fear us as much as we should them! No way will they want another season with us.

emerald green
28-05-2015, 09:31 PM
Dave king is a crook, i really cant see them investing if they stay in the first division

But hold on, how can he be a crook and also a "fit and proper person"? :cb

hibees 7062
28-05-2015, 09:31 PM

Barraclough should have booted it away

One Day Soon
28-05-2015, 09:32 PM
I don't usually say such Things ...But My God Man ... your weegie Backed patter has been ganting fer the whole Thread...

What's your point caller?

Swedish hibee
28-05-2015, 09:33 PM
:faf:

I don't do tactical thinking like many on here- I just want to laugh at The Rangers.

silverhibee
28-05-2015, 09:35 PM
We'll compare at a later date. We'll see.

Cheats seem to prosper, the yams this year and the new team next year, hope we don't get Motherwell in the play off's next season or it could be another season down here :wink:, then we really will be in big trouble, The Rangers by hook or by crook will have a good squad next season.

tamig
To be fair I'm not sure what planet you are on either.

I agree with everything you say about Stubbs and gelling the team. However while money does not guarantee success it certainly goes along way to helping it. If you honestly think that it is to our advantage to have a Rangers that is reviving in financial and football terms in our league next season rather than a relegated Motherwell then we are in very different places.

In my opinion, King's arrogant bluster has been based on an assumption that they will be in the top flight next season. Let's see if his £20m strategy he was banging on about the other week plays out if they end up staying where they are. They've been living on tic since the new regime arrived. And they have an interesting battle ahead with MASH. These things can't be overlooked. The hun could be in a poor state in a few weeks time. I have faith in my club. They don't worry me one bit. Not at all. You wallow in your fear though if that gives you some kind of pleasure. I'll celebrate the halt of their rise through the divisions - if that's what comes to pass on Sunday.

hibees 7062
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/p296x100/11252114_1629303647292321_5430531291408551923_n.jp g?oh=bd2f49cd4edc682d78cce5853fc7293d&oe=560462E4

One Day Soon
:faf:

I don't do tactical thinking like many on here- I just want to laugh at The Rangers.

This is .net, I'm not sure anyone does tactical thinking on here. The The Rangers predicament is, it has to be said, pretty funny. Yams will be literally creaming themselves tonight though.

One Day Soon
28-05-2015, 09:36 PM

Cheats seem to prosper, the yams this year and the new team next year, hope we don't get Motherwell in the play off's next season or it could be another season down here :wink:, then we really will be in big trouble, The Rangers by hook or by crook will have a good squad next season.

Absolutely correct.

Heedersnvolleys
The reason the ranckers were so close to us this season, wasn't because of the ranckers, it was because we did not care of the other teams in the league. That's what we have to get right first. Dare I say it just the way our neighbours did it this season.

mca
What's your point caller?

My Point Being - You Should Hang your Head in Shame for Ever Saying " GET IN "

Yer A Blue Nose hun.. Admit it... You Grew up supporting them dint you

Onion
28-05-2015, 09:37 PM
Stubbs for me is the key. His belief in the club and the players will see us good! He's had a full season and now he will have the time over the summer to get players he wants.

They should fear us as much as we should them! No way will they want another season with us.

This :agree: For all we worry about Hibs, all the pressure/risk will be with the Huns. They will invest heavily to ensure escape from the Champ, but Hearts showed that with good planning, luck and structure you can punch above your weight, IMO even if the Huns were firing on full cylinders, not convinced they would have beaten the Yams to the title.

Huns will see us as a major threat next season, no question... assuming Well finish the job Sunday :cb

silverhibee
28-05-2015, 09:38 PM
Alan Stubbs' player budget is shrinking as we speak.

Alan Stubbs might be thinking Sheffield isn't so bad after all.

tamig
28-05-2015, 09:39 PM
Alan Stubbs might be thinking Sheffield isn't so bad after all.

Deary me.

JeMeSouviens
28-05-2015, 09:39 PM
While it's hilarious Newco got stuffed, it's not good news for us. The Lying King could be full of bull but if he does invest it will make it even more difficult to go straight up. As per our tie with Accies, it isn't over yet though.

Him and Paul Murray have been hanging about like a bad smell since the Old Huns died. The common theme over that time has been their total reluctance to pony up any of their own money.

Gordy M
28-05-2015, 09:40 PM
This is .net, I'm not sure anyone does tactical thinking on here. The The Rangers predicament is, it has to be said, pretty funny. Yams will be literally creaming themselves tonight though.
Im sorry but this post sadly reflects .net more. Posters too interested in 'bigging' up other teams, based on no evidence whatsoever, rather than being confident that OUR team will be good enough to win the league!