PDA

View Full Version : Handling and Stanton can go?

thebausburst
28-05-2015, 06:13 AM
Rumours that both Handling and Stanton have been told they are free to leave if bids come in. Have to say sounds very likely given their lack of involvement this season.

Big_Franck
28-05-2015, 06:23 AM
I'd send them both out on six month loans to get more game time. They are obviously not going to be regulars for us in August. They've both shown flashes of good ability and they are still young, but I was disappointed in them both any time i seen them in the second part of the season.

Hopefully they'd come back from the loans stronger and able to really push for a start.

Zazu62
28-05-2015, 06:49 AM
Handling recently signed a 4 year deal so can't see him going anywhere

HH81
28-05-2015, 06:55 AM
What about Harris?

NadeAteMyLunch!
28-05-2015, 08:08 AM
Handling recently signed a 4 year deal so can't see him going anywhere

They are both on 4 year deals. Get them out on loan Stubbs

Crammond Hibee
28-05-2015, 08:19 AM
They are both on 4 year deals. Get them out on loan Stubbs

Loan seems best option for them and club and Harris too

Salt N Sauzee
28-05-2015, 08:44 AM
Just heard from a very reliable source (family member) that Danny has been told, if he can find one, he can move to a new club. It's believed to be St Mirren.

MB62
28-05-2015, 08:54 AM
Have a feeling that, having failed to secure promotion, that the squad numbers will be reduced, meaning players like Danny, who have not quite managed to make the step up, will be allowed to leave.

SMAXXA
28-05-2015, 09:05 AM
Wouldn't lose sleep over either to be honest, more sad that Sam could go than Danny but feel that they have been in the first team long enough to show they are the class that is needed but neither really could make the breakthrough. Gone are the days we will carry players and hope they develop quickly and sustain that. Harris, handling and Stanton never quite took the next step whereby Forster and Hanlon have and deserve to be where they are IMO.

certainly no hard feeling about the 2 and hope they go onto have a great career and if that comes back to haunt us then fair play to them.

Northernhibee
28-05-2015, 09:10 AM
I get the feeling with Danny that he's in need of being played in one position for a while. Fenlon had him playing wide to begin with, then Butcher had him sitting in front of Collins, then he's been dropped back to an attacking mid, and I heard on here that he'd been tried out as a sitting midfielder.

Brightside
28-05-2015, 09:38 AM
Any chance we can keep all the made up gossip on one thread so we can ignore it please. ta. :wink:

Geo_1875
28-05-2015, 09:43 AM
Just heard from a very reliable source (family member) that Danny has been told, if he can find one, he can move to a new club. It's believed to be St Mirren.

Your family or Danny's?

Salt N Sauzee
28-05-2015, 09:44 AM
Your family or Danny's?

Danny's.

Billy Whizz
28-05-2015, 09:47 AM
Danny's.

Hopefully just a loan though

J-C
28-05-2015, 09:54 AM
All seems a bit strange seeing Danny was given a new large contract and was even chosen to launch the new home kit.

Salt N Sauzee
28-05-2015, 09:57 AM
All seems a bit strange seeing Danny was given a new large contract and was even chosen to launch the new home kit.

My thoughts exactly.

Just sharing what I've been told though.

Brightside
28-05-2015, 10:02 AM
I was told from a family friend of JC that he is 100% moving down south in order to get out of trouble. Its 100% bollix, but 100% of the time stories from family friends and family are!

oneone73
28-05-2015, 10:24 AM
I was told from a family friend of JC that he is 100% moving down south in order to get out of trouble. Its 100% bollix, but 100% of the time stories from family friends and family are!

And the family friend would presumably be a Jambo?

Brightside
28-05-2015, 10:49 AM
And the family friend would presumably be a Jambo?

well all his family and friends are....

Billy Whizz
28-05-2015, 11:16 AM
well all his family and friends are....

His mum isn't

Billychaotic182
28-05-2015, 11:22 AM
Without sounding bad but loan is no use. There was players out there the same age as these lads who have players about 100+ games for there team. If they can't push for a place in a championship then then they won't cut it here. Saying that my own opinion is to give them a chance as I think they are good players and will do well for us. No point in a loan.

macca70
28-05-2015, 11:32 AM
Free up a wage and get them off the books, if anyone will take them and they are willing to go bearing in mind they are on 4 year deals.

Handling to St Mirren sounds like it could be feasible enough with Murray recently taking over there.

J-C
28-05-2015, 11:34 AM
Free up a wage and get them off the books, if anyone will take them and they are willing to go bearing in mind they are on 4 year deals.

Handling to St Mirren sounds like it could be feasible enough with Murray recently taking over there.

St Mirren have decided to do what Falkirk do and go the youth route, hence why Murray was given the gig, if Handling goes he'll get loads of game time there.

andrew70
28-05-2015, 11:40 AM
St Mirren have decided to do what Falkirk do and go the youth route, hence why Murray was given the gig, if Handling goes he'll get loads of game time there.

Saint Mirren have actually got a pretty decent youth set-up alongside an impressive looking infrastructure. Hopefully Murray does well there but it takes a year for it to come to fruition.

Iain G
28-05-2015, 11:42 AM
Thought Stanton had made a positive impact in games he has been brought on as a sub, but less effective in games where he has started, though those are few and far between.

Think Danny looks a good tidy footballer, maybe we have too many of them in midfield and Stubbs wants a different option though?

Always a shame to see promising young players move on, but they are both getting to stage they need to be playing more games than not.

MrRobot
28-05-2015, 12:19 PM
Thought Stanton had made a positive impact in games he has been brought on as a sub, but less effective in games where he has started, though those are few and far between.

Think Danny looks a good tidy footballer, maybe we have too many of them in midfield and Stubbs wants a different option though?

Always a shame to see promising young players move on, but they are both getting to stage they need to be playing more games than not.

I'd be very gutted to see Stanton leave but wouldnt be bothered about Handling. I think Stanton definitely has the quality, it's about game time and maybe becoming a bit stronger.

Handling I just don't think is good enough for Hibs im afraid. Would like to be proven wrong though.

Geo_1875
28-05-2015, 01:53 PM
I'd be very gutted to see Stanton leave but wouldnt be bothered about Handling. I think Stanton definitely has the quality, it's about game time and maybe becoming a bit stronger.

Handling I just don't think is good enough for Hibs im afraid. Would like to be proven wrong though.

I think Stanton and Handling have stalled in their development and need to be playing regular first team football. Unfortunately, I think they are exactly where Calum Booth was a few years back. If they go on loan to a lower league club they won't improve enough to come back to Hibs. Either keep them and play them or let them go.

J-C
28-05-2015, 02:00 PM
There was talk when McDonaugh left that although he had the youngsters playing good football they were nowhere near ready for 1st team football and the reason he wasn't kept on, Hearts lads have shown this to be the case when you see some of their youths that have come through recently, last season and this.

ekhibee
28-05-2015, 03:11 PM
Saint Mirren have actually got a pretty decent youth set-up alongside an impressive looking infrastructure. Hopefully Murray does well there but it takes a year for it to come to fruition.
I agree and actually I rate Mallan(?) as a better young player than either Stanton or Handling, at this moment in time, and even though St Midden got relgated. He'll probably be off though.

andrew70
28-05-2015, 03:24 PM
There was talk when McDonaugh left that although he had the youngsters playing good football they were nowhere near ready for 1st team football and the reason he wasn't kept on, Hearts lads have shown this to be the case when you see some of their youths that have come through recently, last season and this.

Alot of emphasis is put on the Development teams results by us the fans whereas these games should be more about development. Playing lovely football in these games is all well and good but how many of them know how to win a football match?

The recent semi final against Celtic summed up the Dev team for me. We were second best all over the park, the better players in our team got frustrated/went missing when it wasn't going their way and we capitulated.

Celtic's youngsters will hardly, if ever, get a sniff in their first team yet they went on to that park played as if their lives depended on it, brushing us aside with an ease and a confidence that would befit any first team in Scotland.

We've always produced players that come off thinking it's okay coz they scored or they had a 90% passing rate, never mind the fact the team got beat. We've held on to players for too long when they were never going to make the grade. The coaches all the way down the academy were old school it will take time to change that but we need to start breeding winners and players capable of getting in the first team. Crane, Dunsmore, Martin and Allan all have big chances but they must develop sufficiently in the next year or two.

I agree and actually I rate Mallan(?) as a better young player than either Stanton or Handling, at this moment in time, and even though St Midden got relgated. He'll probably be off though.

There's a couple of Saint Mirren players who would be good additions to Hibs. Handling would come back to haunt us if he leaves. A player of terrific technical ability but as I've mentioned above hasn't been developed properly. We'll see what happens there though.

BSEJVT
28-05-2015, 03:25 PM
Whilst I wouldn't be fussed if any of the 3 went, I seem to remember this time last year countless threads about everyone including the EM cat leaving and not many came to pass.

FWIW my thoughts on the 3 are:

DH- IMO there is definitely a footballer in there, whether he has the fitness, pace or desire?

AH - A revelation when he broke through and early games for Dundee looked promising. A Wotherspoon with pace but without dig or heart?

SS - Seems to have the best engine out the three but way too slight for role he will play and consequently doesn't impose himself on the game

SMAXXA
28-05-2015, 03:51 PM
Believe this is true, definatley Stanton anyway. Looking for a new club with Dundee, Partick and St Johnstone interested

madhatter
28-05-2015, 04:24 PM
Can't understand contract for Handling last season then? Who decided that? Seemed strange at the time, I've not seen enough from Stanton, Handling and Harris to think they are worth keeping. They are all getting older and if you add 2-3 years to them they are same age as Scott Allan's and I cannot see them ever being of a standard even close to him or Scott Brown (when he came through) etc. They are of an age where they should be challenging for 1st team and I don't think they are anywhere near. Kids that are coming through the ranks need to realise that it is a job and they must put additional work into making it. Work ethic has been lacking for years I think.

Billy Whizz
28-05-2015, 04:45 PM
Believe this is true, definatley Stanton anyway. Looking for a new club with Dundee, Partick and St Johnstone interested

A permanent deal?

BSEJVT
28-05-2015, 04:53 PM
Can't understand contract for Handling last season then? Who decided that? Seemed strange at the time, I've not seen enough from Stanton, Handling and Harris to think they are worth keeping. They are all getting older and if you add 2-3 years to them they are same age as Scott Allan's and I cannot see them ever being of a standard even close to him or Scott Brown (when he came through) etc. They are of an age where they should be challenging for 1st team and I don't think they are anywhere near. Kids that are coming through the ranks need to realise that it is a job and they must put additional work into making it. Work ethic has been lacking for years I think.

Agree entirely, the failure of Hibs youth policy is that with a couple of exceptions since the golden generation, guys break into the first team squad and hang around it rather than establishing themselves in the team.

Despite the gnashing of teeth and wailing surrounding James McDonagh's departure at the start of the season, my own feeling is that it was long overdue

andrew70
28-05-2015, 05:09 PM
Agree entirely, the failure of Hibs youth policy is that with a couple of exceptions since the golden generation, guys break into the first team squad and hang around it rather than establishing themselves in the team.

Despite the gnashing of teeth and wailing surrounding James McDonagh's departure at the start of the season, my own feeling is that it was long overdue

100% long overdue. As I wrote on the first page our youth system has stagnated because of over-retention of players who were never going to be the required standard.

Baldy Foghorn
28-05-2015, 05:13 PM
100% long overdue. As I wrote on the first page our youth system has stagnated because of over-retention of players who were never going to be the required standard.

Sure Bill Hendry was part of that before his departure

andrew70
28-05-2015, 05:16 PM
Sure Bill Hendry was part of that before his departure

Yes, he certainly was. Keeping players as favour to his 'scouts' and to save them finding better players.

It will take time for the changes to take effect but the club are making great strides in trying to improve the academy.

Baldy Foghorn
28-05-2015, 05:26 PM
Yes, he certainly was. Keeping players as favour to his 'scouts' and to save them finding better players.

It will take time for the changes to take effect but the club are making great strides in trying to improve the academy.

Glad to hear this.....