PDA

View Full Version : The hurt is kicking in.....

Biggie
27-05-2015, 09:50 PM
As it says on the tin.....seeing more and more adverts/snippets/articles/features on sky sports in the build up to the Scottish Cup Final, is really knawing away at me.
Dead jealous of Falkirk getting such an opportunity......wasn't going to watch, but think I'll tune in hopefully to see ICT pump them senseless.

eastterrace
27-05-2015, 09:54 PM
As it says on the tin.....seeing more and more adverts/snippets/articles/features on sky sports in the build up to the Scottish Cup Final, is really knawing away at me.
Dead jealous of Falkirk getting such an opportunity......wasn't going to watch, but think I'll tune in hopefully to see ICT pump them senseless.

i wont be watching , who cares ,it will just piss you off watching it. give it a wide berth.

Ronniekirk
27-05-2015, 09:55 PM
Am over it now ,and have no interest who wins apart from think it would be good to see Yogi as Manager be on the winning side But won't be watching it .

Sir David Gray
27-05-2015, 09:56 PM
Living in Falkirk, it's just annoying me even more now as the whole town is decked out in messages of support for Falkirk and the annoying #coyb sign is everywhere.

'Mon the Caley Jags.

Wilbur
27-05-2015, 09:56 PM
I was at hampden today for a work conference. Seen all the signs going up and the place being prepared for the game. Also one of the guys I work with is a Falkirk fan. I was slightly jealous. He was overly smug.

Stuarty27
27-05-2015, 10:13 PM
Personally I think the build up to the Rangers Motherwell game is ten times worse

The Harp
27-05-2015, 10:32 PM
I'm another one that feels the pain more of a 2nd season in the Championship and the damage it'll do to the Club. Let's face it, we've gone 113 years without the Holy Grail, so what's another year?
I'd like to see Yogi lift the Cup because of his Hibs connection and it'd be one in the eye for that clown, Houston, but I'm not too bothered about watching it.

heretoday
28-05-2015, 02:03 AM
C'mon Bairns!

Vexhim Hibee
28-05-2015, 07:00 AM
C'mon Yogi and the Caley Jags

NadeAteMyLunch!
28-05-2015, 08:07 AM
This entire wkend is torture. I genuinely thought we'd either be in the final on Sat or the play off final on Sun. We deserve to be in both.
I've now got Monday off my work and no Hibs game to enjoy on either day. Grim

blackpoolhibs
28-05-2015, 08:54 AM
This weekend is going to be torture, we should be in both finals. Obviously we wouldn't have played both games as close together, but watching what could/should have been wont be easy.

We really need to find a team and manager who can get us over these difficult games where we are the better side but still continue to lose them.

We always have an excuse, its about time we stopped using them and didn't need them.

emerald green
28-05-2015, 09:20 AM
I hope ICT win the cup. Falkirk simply don't deserve to be in the final, never mind win it. They robbed Hibs in the semi-final.

Houston - another graceless Yam welt.

Mr White
28-05-2015, 09:26 AM
I hope ICT win the cup. Falkirk simply don't deserve to be in the final, never mind win it. They robbed Hibs in the semi-final.

Houston - another graceless Yam welt.

They scored, we didnt. No robbery involved. It wasn't that different a scenario to when we beat rangers in the skol cup semi in 91- a good underdog performance where they held their nerve under pressure and took their chance when it came. I don't really grudge them it to be honest as we've only ourselves to blame.

Having said that I hope ict pump them :greengrin

emerald green
28-05-2015, 09:48 AM
They scored, we didnt. No robbery involved. It wasn't that different a scenario to when we beat rangers in the skol cup semi in 91- a good underdog performance where they held their nerve under pressure and took their chance when it came. I don't really grudge them it to be honest as we've only ourselves to blame.

Having said that I hope ict pump them :greengrin

Na, we'll have to disagree on that I'm afraid. Falkirk made no attempt to come out and play in that match. It was anti-football, and that sort of stuff is killing the game IMHO. I think I read recently Arsene Wenger saying the same thing when some teams play Arsenal.

Only one team came out with the intention of playing the game as it should be played, and to try to entertain into the bargain. It sure wasn't Falkirk.

Yes, to an extent Hibs had only themselves to blame for not putting the ball in the back of the net, and were punished for one piece of slack defending. That to me doesn't mean Falkirk deserve to be in the final.

I was at the Skol cup semi-final where Keith Wright scored the winner. I'll be honest and say Hibs robbed Rangers that night. The difference was that Hibs didn't go out to deliberately kill the game, they were just pressed back by a better team on the night. But sometimes the better team gets beaten and luck plays a big part in the outcome, as it did in the semi-final against Falkirk.

Hibs of course beat Falkirk comprehensively on their own pitch just a few weeks later, which of course came as no surprise to anyone who has followed Hibs for any length of time. :aok:

Mr White
28-05-2015, 09:52 AM
Na, we'll have to disagree on that I'm afraid. Falkirk made no attempt to come out and play in that match. It was anti-football, and that sort of stuff is killing the game IMHO. I think I read recently Arsene Wenger saying the same thing when some teams play Arsenal.

Only one team came out with the intention of playing the game as it should be played, and to try to entertain into the bargain. It sure wasn't Falkirk.

Yes, to an extent Hibs had only themselves to blame for not putting the ball in the back of the net, and were punished for one piece of slack defending. That to me doesn't mean Falkirk deserve to be in the final.

I was at the Skol cup semi-final where Keith Wright scored the winner. I'll be honest and say Hibs robbed Rangers that night. The difference was that Hibs didn't go out to deliberately kill the game, they were just pressed back by a better team on the night. But sometimes the better team gets beaten and luck plays a big part in the outcome, as it did in the semi-final against Falkirk.

Hibs of course beat Falkirk comprehensively on their own pitch just a few weeks later, which of course came as no surprise to anyone who has followed Hibs for any length of time. :aok:

Aye we'll agree to disagree then. I'd have no problem with hibs "robbing" teams and playing a bit of anti football from time to time if that's what it takes for us to start succeeding in the big games.

Albanian Hibs
28-05-2015, 10:03 AM
Couldnt care less about the final. I was over it the day after the semi. I doubt i will even watch it.

Northernhibee
28-05-2015, 10:07 AM
Falkirk managed to see both Boyle and Forster out of the play offs, I hope they get pumped.

blackpoolhibs
28-05-2015, 10:13 AM
Aye we'll agree to disagree then. I'd have no problem with hibs "robbing" teams and playing a bit of anti football from time to time if that's what it takes for us to start succeeding in the big games.

:agree: In certain games like the semi and the play off games, nobody gives a toss how you win those games, just that you win them.

Obviously fans want to be entertained over a season, but certain games just need winning to take you to the next level.

emerald green
28-05-2015, 10:15 AM

OK, I know what you mean. :greengrin