PDA

View Full Version : Burnley looking at Cummings and Malonga

dmc1875
27-05-2015, 11:31 AM
So it says here. That time of year with the stories I guess!

https://www.clubcall.com/burnley/burnley-eye-edinburgh-hitmen-1770618.html

Keith_M
27-05-2015, 11:32 AM
Could we not just have one thread entitled 'Silly Season' and put all these 'stories' in the one place?

CallumLaidlaw
27-05-2015, 11:33 AM
Can't imagine many Burnley fans would be happy at the thought of Cummings or Malonga replacing Danny Ings

Lago
27-05-2015, 11:35 AM
Could we not just have one thread entitled 'Silly Season' and put all these 'stories' in the one place?
Good idea

HibsNutter
27-05-2015, 11:37 AM
That's hilarious

Bad Martini
27-05-2015, 11:40 AM

Or better still, just put them all in the same place, filed under B :greengrin:cb

Aw pish anyways :thumbsup:

dmc1875
27-05-2015, 11:42 AM

Probably a good idea as silly season is definitely upon us.

Had a wee chuckle when I cam across it

Sammy7nil
27-05-2015, 11:45 AM
So it says here. That time of year with the stories I guess!

https://www.clubcall.com/burnley/burnley-eye-edinburgh-hitmen-1770618.html

I would welcome a healthy Championship size bid for them both. We could use the money to keep the remainder of the team together and tempt the Falkirk QotS strikers to partner Farid

Waxy
27-05-2015, 11:49 AM
What next? Man city looking at Stevenson? Real Madrid eye up Djedle to replace Bale?

Keith_M
27-05-2015, 11:58 AM
..... Real Madrid eye up Djedle to replace Bale?

Not so far-fetched, as I heard Real are looking at signing up Stubbs as their new Manager.

Just out of interest, how long is that now that Benji has been playing at the Bernebau?

NAE NOOKIE
27-05-2015, 12:03 PM
Cant open the link ..... is it for a comedy show. Cummings has potential, but the man to get Burnley out of the Championship? ... nah. As for Malonga, he has a lot of work to do to stop Hibs replacing him up front, never mind attracting a bid from a just relegated EPL club.

The silly season is well under way.

Andy74
27-05-2015, 12:13 PM
Cant open the link ..... is it for a comedy show. Cummings has potential, but the man to get Burnley out of the Championship? ... nah. As for Malonga, he has a lot of work to do to stop Hibs replacing him up front, never mind attracting a bid from a just relegated EPL club.

The silly season is well under way.

He's played in Serie A so why not?

Good player who I think would do well at a higher level than us.

NAE NOOKIE
27-05-2015, 12:27 PM

I didn't see him in Serie A .... but I have watched him in the 2nd tier of Scottish football, if the Serie A scenario holds water he should be ripping it up and he hasn't ... I think he can improve and he has had some decent games like at Ibrox recently, but he isn't ready to step up a level for me. IMO if he doesn't up his game to the Ibrox level on a consistent basis next year he will spend it picking splinters oot his erse. Mr Serie A has been overshadowed by a 19 year old kid who was working for the parks department 2 years ago.

DownInAlbion
27-05-2015, 01:26 PM
I didn't see him in Serie A .... but I have watched him in the 2nd tier of Scottish football, if the Serie A scenario holds water he should be ripping it up and he hasn't ... I think he can improve and he has had some decent games like at Ibrox recently, but he isn't ready to step up a level for me. IMO if he doesn't up his game to the Ibrox level on a consistent basis next year he will spend it picking splinters oot his erse. Mr Serie A has been overshadowed by a 19 year old kid who was working for the parks department 2 years ago.
It sounds like your suggesting the championship is an easy league to play in.

Keith_M
27-05-2015, 01:38 PM

I got the impression he was trying to illustrate the difference between the Scottish Championship and Serie A.

NAE NOOKIE
27-05-2015, 01:48 PM

The comparison was with Serie A and that having it on his CV was an indication of Malonga's quality. If its true that he is capable of playing in one of the top 5 leagues in Europe then its hardly a condemnation of the Scottish Championship to suggest that he should be a stand out player in it.

The very fact that he is playing for Hibs in the Championship tells me that he is patently not a Serie A quality player.

DownInAlbion
27-05-2015, 01:49 PM
I got the feeling he was trying to illustrate the difference between the Scottish Championship and Serie A.
I understand that, but a bottom half series a player can't be expected to walk into a championship side in a league with 3 of the biggest clubs in Scotland in it and stroll through, series a might have a much higher quality of player but the tempo is a mile apart. The malonga haters on here are a joke he has missed 10+ games this season and started playing with barely any preseason and has scored 10+ goals and played class football for 90% of his games. I even believe that with a decent pre season dje dje will be a big player for us next season

jacomo
27-05-2015, 01:52 PM
I understand that, but a bottom half series a player can't be expected to walk into a championship side in a league with 3 of the biggest clubs in Scotland in it and stroll through, series a might have a much higher quality of player but the tempo is a mile apart. The malonga haters on here are a joke he has missed 10+ games this season and started playing with barely any preseason and has scored 10+ goals and played class football for 90% of his games. I even believe that with a decent pre season dje dje will be a big player for us next season

:agree:

Malonga did as much as could be reasonably expected of him. Good player.

Centre Hawf
27-05-2015, 02:08 PM

This. I can't understand the people writing of the divisions top goal scorer and a man who scored around 15 goals this season despite turning up late in the season and missed a chunk midway to go play in an international tournament.

HFC 0-7
27-05-2015, 02:14 PM

Malonga is an average player IMO. Playing in good leagues doesnt always mean a good player, Dutch league is good, Edwin De Graff wasnt.

CallumLaidlaw
27-05-2015, 02:19 PM
Malonga is an average player IMO. Playing in good leagues doesnt always mean a good player, Dutch league is good, Edwin De Graff wasnt.

Ed De Graaf WAS good, that was the problem. His legs were gone by the time he came to us.

DownInAlbion
27-05-2015, 02:21 PM
This. I can't understand the people writing of the divisions top goal scorer and a man who scored around 15 goals this season despite turning up late in the season and missed a chunk midway to go play in an international tournament.
I struggle to believe that people calling for his departure have ever seen a decent player before.

The Sundance Kid
27-05-2015, 02:43 PM

Albeit he's playing in the league below however, in the last decade for Hibs only Chris Killen and Leigh Griffiths have a superior goals per game ratio than Malonga has. I too find it a bit bizarre the amount of stick he seems to be getting, in particular those criticising his and the 19 year old top scorer in the league's goalscoring ability

PeterboroHibee
27-05-2015, 02:51 PM
I think Malonga is a good player to watch when hes on his game, but I dont think hes particularly suited to the Championship (maybe an unfair generalization but I dont think its a great league for technically good footballers). As for Cummings, he still has a lot of developing to do in my opinion and shouldnt be thinking about moving yet.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-05-2015, 03:52 PM
Course this won't happen. When would Burnley ever want to buy a striker from us........?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-05-2015, 04:17 PM
Its true. Dom and Jase or going there while we get Ings ans Vokes in a straight swap :greengrin

DH1875
27-05-2015, 04:35 PM
I must be missing something here. Why wouldn't Burnley look at Cummings or Malonga? Was there not talk of Cummings going to Swansea last summer?

Del Boy
27-05-2015, 05:00 PM
I must be missing something here. Why wouldn't Burnley look at Cummings or Malonga? Was there not talk of Cummings going to Swansea last summer?

Burnley can afford to buy much better players than those 2.

DH1875
27-05-2015, 05:17 PM
Burnley can afford to buy much better players than those 2.

I'm sure they can. I'm also sure that so can Swansea. Didn't stop them from having a look at Cummings though last season did it.

Del Boy
27-05-2015, 05:28 PM
I'm sure they can. I'm also sure that so can Swansea. Didn't stop them from having a look at Cummings though last season did it.

Fair enough. But I'll be astonished if they signed either.

Matt92
27-05-2015, 05:31 PM
:faf:

I'll start the bidding. £2, do I hear £2?

If we get a decent striker in over summer, I expect neither Malonga or Cummings to be first choice strikers behind Farid and another.

hibbytam
27-05-2015, 06:26 PM

If we get a decent striker in over summer, I expect neither Malonga or Cummings to be first choice strikers behind Farid and another.

What is this crazyness. Cummings is the leagues top goalscorer, and Malonga's record isn't that bad either, considering he basically missed half of the season.
I would be surprised if we were in the market for a striker, unless one of the 3 move on.

DownInAlbion
27-05-2015, 07:04 PM

Who would you want instead of those two?

Unseen work
27-05-2015, 11:14 PM
Cummings just uploaded a tweet saying

"I trust me"

Read into that what you will.

basehibby
27-05-2015, 11:14 PM
There are enough trumpets on this thread to give Count Bassie and his orchestra a good run for their money :trumpet::trumpet::trumpet::trumpet::trumpet::trum pet::trumpet:

Super Leigh
28-05-2015, 12:50 AM
What is this Farid love in? Out of the 3 I think Malonga has the most technical ability and Cummings the most potential.

I could understand if Burnley were interested in Cummings, considering his age. He has improved a lot this year, and clearly has a lot of goalscoring ability. I highly doubt they would sign Malonga.

MrRobot
28-05-2015, 12:14 PM

Malonga avergae?

Comes to a new team, new league, new country at a young age, playing in a tough league that can see teams 'park the bus' and is still leagues 4th top goalscorer, all the while having missed a chunk of the season through international games and having arrived late at Hibs.

Average right enough.:rolleyes:

Keith_M
28-05-2015, 01:18 PM
Burnley, that takes me back.

Anybody remember their so-called 'Suicide Squad'?

:tee hee:

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-05-2015, 01:26 PM
What is this Farid love in? Out of the 3 I think Malonga has the most technical ability and Cummings the most potential.

I could understand if Burnley were interested in Cummings, considering his age. He has improved a lot this year, and clearly has a lot of goalscoring ability. I highly doubt they would sign Malonga.

Agreed. Frankly I don't rate Farid at all to be honest, decent player but not what we really need. He spent most of the game fouling against the huns.

scoopyboy
28-05-2015, 01:32 PM
Agreed. Frankly I don't rate Farid at all to be honest, decent player but not what we really need. He spent most of the game fouling against the huns.

He spent most of the game on the bench IIRC.

southsider
28-05-2015, 01:33 PM
All our forwards are too slow, apart from Boyle who mostly plays wide. Get some real pace into the attack.

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-05-2015, 03:55 PM
He spent most of the game on the bench IIRC.

When he came on I meant

JimBHibees
28-05-2015, 04:20 PM

Really he is exactly what we need a decent target man who is a huge goal threat. His performance in the recent derby was excellent. He has had a bad season injury wise however if he gets a decent pre-season will be scoring goals by the bucket load next season IMO.

Baldy Foghorn
28-05-2015, 04:24 PM
Really he is exactly what we need a decent target man who is a huge goal threat. His performance in the recent derby was excellent. He has had a bad season injury wise however if he gets a decent pre-season will be scoring goals by the bucket load next season IMO.

Agree....A fit Farid last Season, and who knows....

Barney McGrew
28-05-2015, 04:27 PM
Cummings has potential, but the man to get Burnley out of the Championship? ... nah

I can remember people saying much the same thing about the last striker Burnley signed from us, and that worked out OK for them.......

Super Leigh
28-05-2015, 07:51 PM

Agree....A fit Farid last Season, and who knows....

He makes the game physical and invites us to play hoofball. His touch is also pretty poor. I think Stubbs has realised this anyway because he went with Malonga and Cummings in the play-off.

We still need a better out and out striker. I think Malonga is most effective when he can drop deep to collect the ball and leave space in behind for Allan.

Baldy Foghorn
28-05-2015, 07:58 PM
He makes the game physical and invites us to play hoofball. His touch is also pretty poor. I think Stubbs has realised this anyway because he went with Malonga and Cummings in the play-off.

We still need a better out and out striker. I think Malonga is most effective when he can drop deep to collect the ball and leave space in behind for Allan.

I feel we needed to be more physical in the first leg, Farid would have given their centre halves something to think about

hibbytam
28-05-2015, 08:02 PM

He allows us to play something different, which is something we've lacked. He also roughs up the defenders, in a way that Cummings and Malonga don't.
Plus he's a proven goalscorer.

Super Leigh
28-05-2015, 08:16 PM
He allows us to play something different, which is something we've lacked. He also roughs up the defenders, in a way that Cummings and Malonga don't.
Plus he's a proven goalscorer.

He's the kind of guy you'd have on your bench. Not a starter.

I think we can also say that Cummings and Malonga are proven goalscorers in this league.

flash
28-05-2015, 08:18 PM

I think we can also say that Cummings and Malonga are proven goalscorers in this league.

Did he not score 20 odd for Falkirk one season.

Baldy Foghorn
28-05-2015, 08:22 PM

We would have been a better team, had we had a fit Farid at our disposal.

Super Leigh
28-05-2015, 08:26 PM
We would have been a better team, had we had a fit Farid at our disposal.

I disagree personally, although I appreciate a lot of fans seem to be divided on who our best striker is.

DTS
29-05-2015, 01:37 AM
Farid and Cummings would have been the best front pairing if farid had been fit all season. Cummings is the best to feed of knockdowns from farid like the Derby goal. Farid scored more goals for Falkirk in this league than Cummings and malonga did and he also started this season very well before injury sure he had 4 in 6