PDA

View Full Version : Dylan McGeough

Borderhibbie76
27-05-2015, 12:48 AM
Was speaking to a friend of Dylan's tonight at a work function up in Aberdeen and she was telling me he loves it at Hibs and would be keen to re-sign for us...he is just waiting to hear if Celtic are taking out the option of a further year on his contract. Apparently loves life at Hibs under Stubbsy...fingers crossed we see him back...

ekhibee
27-05-2015, 12:53 AM
I was speaking a couple of weeks ago to a close friend of his, somebody who's known him for a long time (they grew up together, went to the same school), and he said that McGeouch would love to stay with Hibs too, but these rumours have a habit of building everybody up for a fall so I'm not sure whether to totally believe it or not. Obviously great if we can keep him though.

MWHIBBIES
27-05-2015, 01:35 AM
Would love to keep him, our best all round midfield player IMO.

Brooster
27-05-2015, 04:48 AM
I thhink Celtic will take up the option of an extra year.

BoomtownHibees
27-05-2015, 05:45 AM

I'm sure I read somewhere yesterday that they weren't

GordonHFC
27-05-2015, 06:09 AM
I'm sure I read somewhere yesterday that they weren't

If Hibs want him and he wants to stay then I'm sure both clubs will be in discussions over it.

lucky
27-05-2015, 07:16 AM
I was told a few months back that Lawell was taking up the option of 1 year extension and McGeough was keen to try and break through at Celtic. Lawell does not like players leaving for free but is willing to take a modest fee

Ronniekirk
27-05-2015, 07:17 AM
I would be surised if they did on basis he isn't likely to be first team player for them and Thier new manager will think he can get a better player than him and is thinking of Europe and need to strengthen especially if Rangers get promotion and he will have bigger player budget .
Just my opinion .

Hannah_hfc
27-05-2015, 05:06 PM
He put a photo up on instagram with his shirt signed by the rest of the team which to me, would suggest he's away back to Celtic. Maybe I'm looking too much into it. Would be great to have him for another season or so!

S4uzee
27-05-2015, 05:15 PM
He put a photo up on instagram with his shirt signed by the rest of the team which to me, would suggest he's away back to Celtic. Maybe I'm looking too much into it. Would be great to have him for another season or so!

Going by that I would tend to agree with you

Big_Franck
27-05-2015, 06:50 PM
Would love to keep him, our best all round midfield player IMO.

Agreed. It would be huge for us if we could get him on a 2/3 year deal. Seems to have a bit of a dodgy ankle though.

SlickShoes
27-05-2015, 06:57 PM

Well, he is away back as his loan is up, what happens now depends on what celtc want, then if they don't feel like they need him we have a chance to bring him back. He'd be daft to be committing to hibs when hes a celtc fan and still their player.

Billy Whizz
27-05-2015, 06:58 PM
Would Celtic not be due a development fee for him anyway?

greenginger
27-05-2015, 07:00 PM
I was told a few months back that Lawell was taking up the option of 1 year extension and McGeough was keen to try and break through at Celtic. Lawell does not like players leaving for free but is willing to take a modest fee

When does the option have to be taken up ?

I would guess Sunday. Bit of a risk, taking up an option just in the hope of getting a modest fee.

O'Rourke3
27-05-2015, 07:01 PM
Would Celtic not be due a development fee for him anyway?
Does it work like that if they release him?

liamh2202
27-05-2015, 07:02 PM
Does it work like that if they release him?

Only applies if they offer him a better contract than he's on I think

O'Rourke3
27-05-2015, 07:20 PM
Only applies if they offer him a better contract than he's on I think
Like Mr Brown I'm strugglin with that. We no longer require your services but if someone else does they owe us money? I give something to the charity shop I don't expect to get paid.

liamh2202
27-05-2015, 07:24 PM
Like Mr Brown I'm strugglin with that. We no longer require your services but if someone else does they owe us money? I give something to the charity shop I don't expect to get paid.

No I mean it only applies if Celtic offer him a better contract than he has now and he refuses it to join someone else

O'Rourke3
27-05-2015, 07:25 PM
No I mean it only applies if Celtic offer him a better contract than he has now and he refuses it to join someone else
That makes sense.

weonlywon6-2
27-05-2015, 07:26 PM
All good news so far, hope he stays along with Allan and Fontaine

Aldo
27-05-2015, 07:35 PM

I'm sure they have to offer him the same he's is on or more but if they off him less he's free to walk away with the club not getting any sort of development fee.

liamh2202
27-05-2015, 07:37 PM
I'm sure they have to offer him the same he's is on or more but if they off him less he's free to walk away with the club not getting any sort of development fee.

Yes that's right

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-05-2015, 07:42 PM
Celtic will probably take up the one year option just because they are massive chufters

McD
27-05-2015, 07:46 PM
All the posts around the offering of a 'better terms than before ' contract to be due a development fee are correct.

However, I'm not sure this is that type of situation. Celtic have an option on him for another year - this means they can trigger another year of him being their player, and he can't do anything about it (short of retire) as its a clause in his contract already. Therefore he can't simply knock it back, but also that if they don't trigger that clause, they would have to offer him a new deal on better terms to be due a development fee.

That situation won't come to pass though, because why would they do that when they can have him for another year with no fuss (I also believe that the new offer must come before a certain date, so unless they offered him a new deal a few months ago, the opportunity for a dev fee has already gone)

liamh2202
27-05-2015, 07:59 PM
All the posts around the offering of a 'better terms than before ' contract to be due a development fee are correct.

However, I'm not sure this is that type of situation. Celtic have an option on him for another year - this means they can trigger another year of him being their player, and he can't do anything about it (short of retire) as its a clause in his contract already. Therefore he can't simply knock it back, but also that if they don't trigger that clause, they would have to offer him a new deal on better terms to be due a development fee.

That situation won't come to pass though, because why would they do that when they can have him for another year with no fuss (I also believe that the new offer must come before a certain date, so unless they offered him a new deal a few months ago, the opportunity for a dev fee has already gone)

Yeh this is how I read it.. I wouldn't be surprised if they triggered his extension just so we have to make a bid for him

Tyler Durden
27-05-2015, 08:31 PM
Yeh this is how I read it.. I wouldn't be surprised if they triggered his extension just so we have to make a bid for him

Which, to be fair, makes sense given they've invested in his development over 6-7 years?

If that is the scenario hopefully we are able to agree a fee.

Id be happy to see Robertson follow Craig out to help fund McGeouch, Fyvie or Fontaine for example

liamh2202
27-05-2015, 08:34 PM
Which, to be fair, makes sense given they've invested in his development over 6-7 years?

Id be happy to see Robertson follow Craig out to help fund McGeouch, Fyvie or Fontaine for example

Yeh if it was Hibs I would expect them to trigger it even if it's to send him on another 6months loan to see if he developed further

MWHIBBIES
27-05-2015, 09:35 PM

Id be happy to see Robertson follow Craig out to help fund McGeouch, Fyvie or Fontaine for exampleNo way, Robertson has been fantastic this season.

overdrive
27-05-2015, 09:43 PM

He was at Rangers before Celtic (after originally being at Celtic)

jacomo
27-05-2015, 10:49 PM
No way, Robertson has been fantastic this season.

:agree:

Keeper for me. Was unconvinced about him playing deeper in midfield, as with Craig. But he's good at it, certainly in this division.

Unseen work
27-05-2015, 11:18 PM

Keeper for me. Was unconvinced about him playing deeper in midfield, as with Craig. But he's good at it, certainly in this division.

Surely we can get someone better than Scott Robertson to be keeper?..,,,

Tyler Durden
28-05-2015, 06:15 AM
No way, Robertson has been fantastic this season.

I think he had a good season overall. But he tends to struggle in too many big games, ie Tynie early season and the semi final. Wasn't selected at the weekend there. Wasn't missed in the Derby win at home.

He isn't a natural holding player and doesn't have a particular strength other than athleticism. Get rid. I trust Stubbs to find better and hopefully the likes of Martin will be breaking into the team too

Stokesy's on fire
28-05-2015, 08:43 AM
I think he had a good season overall. But he tends to struggle in too many big games, ie Tynie early season and the semi final. Wasn't selected at the weekend there. Wasn't missed in the Derby win at home.

He isn't a natural holding player and doesn't have a particular strength other than athleticism. Get rid. I trust Stubbs to find better and hopefully the likes of Martin will be breaking into the team too

Scott's played well over the entire season...Big games you say? We won't be at Tynie next season unless we get them in one of the cups so I wouldn't worry about Big games

DTS
29-05-2015, 01:48 AM

I agree with what you're saying although he did score in two "big" games against rangers this season, I'd say his athleticism is his strength as although he has been used as the holder this season he still ended up getting forward enough to to finish as top scoring midfielder

Juice-Terry
29-05-2015, 06:17 AM
Robertson is not very good. Get rid.

Aldo
29-05-2015, 06:55 AM
Robertson is not very good. Get rid.

He might well go but to say he is not very good (especially this season) is wrong IMHO!

patlowe
29-05-2015, 07:43 AM
I've no real problem with Robertson - he's not the most gifted footballer but he's a grafter that gets around the park and he contributed vital (at the time) goals at various points this season.

However, he's probably one of the higher earners so it really depends what he is willing to accept wage wise and who AS manages to persuade to stay out of Allan, Fyvie and McGeouch, as they are all better players. We also shouldn't be keeping players for the sake of it - Stubbs and his team have shown a pretty good eye for quality within our budget thus far so I trust them to make the right judgement.

Ronniekirk
29-05-2015, 07:49 AM

Agree worth keeping for this division and knows what's expected,good engine and can chip in with a few goals