PDA

View Full Version : Allan to Rangers

Hibeesmad
26-05-2015, 10:26 PM
Back of The Sun newspaper tomorrow that Scott Allan is Rangers number one target for the summer

Sir David Gray
26-05-2015, 10:27 PM
Can't say I'm shocked at that to be honest.

Hope Hibs can persuade him to stay but it will be tough.

matty_f
26-05-2015, 10:31 PM
I am certain that Allan will still be at Hibs next season.

Nando™
26-05-2015, 10:32 PM
Scott Allan will be top of every Scottish team's transfer target list bar Celtic's.

And he'll be going nowhere.

Diclonius
26-05-2015, 10:34 PM
**** off, Rangers.

stoneyburn hibs
26-05-2015, 10:36 PM

I'm hoping that you are about 100% certain.

hibeemikey21
26-05-2015, 10:37 PM
If Rangers get past Motherwell, there could be some truth in this. Old firm derbies will be a lot more appealing than playing Alloa et al again. That's before you bring wages and the fact he is a Glasgow boy who supported Rangers into the equation

O'Rourke3
26-05-2015, 10:38 PM
McCulloch Millar Boyd Black all need replaced he may be a target but there are other areas more obviously in need of of fixing...

Pretty Boy
26-05-2015, 10:39 PM
**** Rangers.

I wouldn't' take a penny from that mob. Allan has a contract with Hibs and has said he is happy to stay. If an offer that is too good for us not to consider, for club and player, comes in then we have a decision to make. That offer isn't coming from Rangers.

B.H.F.C
26-05-2015, 10:41 PM
Surprised it's taken until Wednesday for one of them to publish this.

Lazy journalism.

Sir David Gray
26-05-2015, 10:41 PM
If Rangers get past Motherwell, there could be some truth in this. Old firm derbies will be a lot more appealing than playing Alloa et al again. That's before you bring wages and the fact he is a Glasgow boy who supported Rangers into the equation

Yep.

I really hope to see Scott Allan back in a Hibs strip next season but I really couldn't argue if he did fancy a move away, considering that he's much too good for the Scottish Championship.

We were always going to struggle to hold onto him, after Saturday's outcome.

If Sevco get promoted this week, I expect them to make a concerted effort over the summer to secure his signature.

seanshow
26-05-2015, 10:43 PM
What was the reported bid from Dundee Hibernian during the last transfer window, £280k?
and they were quite righly told to bolt.
get the glib and shameless liar to add a million to that and we can start talking.

....its sevco, so get the cash up front though :greengrin

S4uzee
26-05-2015, 10:46 PM
Well Rangers got £1millon for Lewis McLeod who barely played in this league so any offer will have to top that

Sir David Gray
26-05-2015, 10:51 PM
Well Rangers got £1millon for Lewis McLeod who barely played in this league so any offer will have to top that

Lewis MacLeod signed a five year contract in 2012 so he had a lot longer left than Allan currently has on his Hibs contract.

silverhibee
26-05-2015, 10:59 PM
McCulloch Millar Boyd Black all need replaced he may be a target but there are other areas more obviously in need of of fixing...

Boyd will go back to Killie, coaches one of there youth teams.

Stokesy's on fire
26-05-2015, 10:59 PM
Back of The Sun newspaper tomorrow that Scott Allan is Rangers number one target for the summer

They can get stuffed I hope Hibs get him on a new long term deal! I don't think getting just one year out of Allan is the right answer we need to build for the future and a new deal that talks the talk should be offered. The club has to act fast

basehibby
26-05-2015, 11:06 PM

Shurely Shome Mishtake - the Huns canny afford to pay a transfer fee in excess of 50p

Nutmegged
26-05-2015, 11:19 PM
AgentScotland tweeted it the other day - £400k

greenginger
26-05-2015, 11:32 PM

Is there a quote from Rangers in the article ?

If so it amounts to tapping. Scott Allan is not in the last year of his contract ....... Yet !

IWasThere2016
26-05-2015, 11:34 PM
Said this would happen months ago (when there was nonsense about him signing a new deal at Hibs).

number9dream
26-05-2015, 11:41 PM
AgentScotland tweeted it the other day - £400k

Needs to be at least double that or it could be the worst bit of business since Pat Stanton left for Celtic...

Rangers should have a few bob sloshing around once they clear their current farcical wage bill and D King is a well know, law-abiding zillionaire.

The idea of seeing Scotty in their colours kinda turns my stomach.

Hibeesmad
26-05-2015, 11:46 PM
Allan has the same agent as McCulloch, Barry Ferguson, Andy Webster so already has a Rangers connection, just hope they dont talk Scotty up of a move away

cockneymike
26-05-2015, 11:51 PM
Allan has the same agent as McCulloch, Barry Ferguson, Andy Webster so already has a Rangers connection, just hope they dont talk Scotty up of a move away

At full time on Saturday, I saw McCulloch having an intense word in Allan's ear and I immediately thought then that he might have been saying, 'Come play for der Hun' :brickwall

jacomo
27-05-2015, 12:04 AM
They can get stuffed I hope Hibs get him on a new long term deal! I don't think getting just one year out of Allan is the right answer we need to build for the future and a new deal that talks the talk should be offered. The club has to act fast

IMO there is very little chance that he would sign a new contract with us right now. His ambitions surely extend beyond the Scottish 2nd tier , as they should.

However, he has another year on his existing contract and says he's happy to stay. If he helps get us promoted and gives his all for another season then he can leave on a free next summer if he wants to as far as I am concerned. He will have fulfilled his contract. Otherwise, der Hun will need to offer big money - up front - if they want him this summer.

hibeesboii
27-05-2015, 12:06 AM
I'd be really disappointed if he went there. I'd only let him go if it was back to England

HoboHarry
27-05-2015, 12:41 AM
Aye because we know that those manks can afford a transfer fee right now ..... :faf:

Greencore
27-05-2015, 01:58 AM
They were in debt £40 to a face painting business well that other team called Rangers were. I'm sure the Rangers couldn't scrape together 2m + add ins for him.

greenlex
27-05-2015, 02:18 AM
If Rangers are still in the championship next season there is absolutely no way this will happen. If they are promoted then it's a possibility but it will cost them a fair bit.

MWHIBBIES
27-05-2015, 02:33 AM
No way they will have to pay even close to 1 million considering he will be free in January.

scoopyboy
27-05-2015, 05:51 AM
No way they will have to pay even close to 1 million considering he will be free in January.

He can sign a pre contract with them in January for the 2016-2017 season.

They cannot however get him for nothing in January.

GreenLake
27-05-2015, 05:51 AM
If he wants to play for them I wouldn't want him here next year. Scott seems like a guy who would want to finish his current work in progress or play for a better team. Whatever the league positions and play off results, our team has a potential curve which exceeds either the hun or diet hun cheats. If he goes back down south it will be understandable. Playing for either of the cheats - incomprehensible. Their teams looked little better than highly motivated shyght. Our time is coming.

Del Boy
27-05-2015, 06:06 AM
Got a bad feeling about all this

Libby Hibby
27-05-2015, 06:22 AM
It might happen it might not, who knows but surprise surprise, a 'good news story' for Rangers on the eve that they take on Motherwell, same as what happened to us when the King news 'broke' but we all knew the SFA had made their decision days before but story was kept to build the positive momentum for THE Rangers.

It's just the media trying their best to keep the ogres happy and buoyant for the Rangers promotion campaign.

I think 2 things about Allan, 1. He will be allowed leave by the club in January with the carrot to get our league campaign of to a good start or 2. He may surprise us and sign, due to the Stubbs factor as it's clear they both get on and it seems Stubbs understands him and his medical needs.

Just my options of course.

Bayern Bru
27-05-2015, 06:25 AM
Did i read somewhere that he had said or at least suggested that he was going to stay at Hibs as a 'thank you' to the club for rescuing his career? Not recently, but a few months back?

Gmack7
27-05-2015, 06:31 AM
Got a bad feeling about all this
i had a bad feeling when i heard McCall saying how good he was and referring to him as scotty after the 1st playoff game

Gatecrasher
27-05-2015, 06:33 AM
I think obtaining promotion is more important than 400k or 500k. I think rangers should made to dig deep if they really want him.

KeithTheHibby
27-05-2015, 06:33 AM
Scott Allan to Rangers? Laughable.

Leith_Hibee
27-05-2015, 07:00 AM
I think this will happen, its just a matter of Hibs holding out for a decent fee. Disappointed as I've really enjoyed some of Scotty's performances this season. It's not the be all and end all though, if Scotty had goals in his game then I'd be more passionate about keeping him.

Ronniekirk
27-05-2015, 07:01 AM

They cannot however get him for nothing in January.
And that's why they won't offer big money now they will look to unsettle him and hope hibs then accept a bid that is then loaded with add on s after he has played so many games and slice of any future Transfer Fee Rangers get for him .
Scott is saying the right things and may have decoded he wants to go back down south again and wants to be in control of where he chooses when his contract runs out ,but wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't come under pressure to sign for them from players and agent alike especially if they go up .
Given our Financial Position we may have no option but to sell a player and as he is our prize asset there was always going to be immediate speculation .
Given clubs new propensity to be open and communicate with the fans on issues they know we are concerned about ,I would like the Board to make their intentions clear on this one as soon as they are in a position to do so .However a bid in the region of £500,000 is something I don't think the Board could turn down ,and some of that money could may be be used to keep Fontaine and Fyffe or Mcgeoch and bring in another player. It will be about finance ,and options to build team .But would assume we will play hard ball ,and want yo see which other players Stubbs wants to stay make decisions on new contracts ,and who is on our radar that we can bring in and get deals done

If I am being honest I wasn't expecting him to stay ,so if he does it's a bonus ,as I do enjoy watching him play and he is one of the reasons I have gone to more games this season

Ronniekirk
27-05-2015, 07:12 AM
Did i read somewhere that he had said or at least suggested that he was going to stay at Hibs as a 'thank you' to the club for rescuing his career? Not recently, but a few months back?
He has repeated this a few times ,so let's hope he isn't persuaded to backtrack by other influences but equally hibs need to come out with a Statement of intent to keep him the way they did in The last Transfer Window But every player has a price that dictates a selling club has to sell and not getting promotion probably means The Board now have a de ion to make on Scott when as anticipated a bid or bids will come in He is the one player that is probably irreplaceable on like for like basis on our budget but Stubbs has surprised us before and will no doubt do so again

Steve20
27-05-2015, 07:14 AM
If Rangers stay in the Championship, then no way can Hibs sell him to them. It would make a mockery of claims that promotion is the main aim for the club.

I expect him to move on, but to a Premier club.

Brightside
27-05-2015, 07:14 AM

Agreed. Scott will be playing for us all of next season.

Smartie
27-05-2015, 07:33 AM
This is one of the reasons I want Well to pump them.

As soon as they're back in the top league we're very vulnerable to this kind of nonsense. Half a dozen decent games and our players will be linked with them.

The Rangers are still in a lot of trouble and the longer they are out of the top league the more trouble they are in.

I have confidence in our squad to do what is required of them next season regardless of who else is in our league.

Strangely I've often seen Stevenson making a move to them. He'd be quite good value for them, relatively low wages and you get a player who knocks his pan in for you and can play in a few different positions. From his point of view he'd get a few quid more than he'd get here and he's getting to that stage in his career when he might fancy a move and a decent signing on fee.

DH1875
27-05-2015, 07:35 AM
I think he'll be gone but if it ends up being to rangers, I'll be gutted.

Waxy
27-05-2015, 07:43 AM
Scott Allen is too good for the Rangers and can do much better than them.

Vini1875
27-05-2015, 08:25 AM
Really hope we hold to him and that he sees staying at Hibs as a way to improve his career long term, which should be in England not ibrox. Sadly it would not surprise me if he went there assuming they were in the SPFL. If they are still in the Championship it would be madness to let him go there.

SeanWilson
27-05-2015, 08:25 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/im-a-rangers-fan-but-i-couldnt-stand-1113508

Another rank non story no doubt, however hopefully these words still ring true for him....

“It came down to a purely football decision and no disrespect to Rangers but it was about getting the chance to play with a better standard of player."

kentao
27-05-2015, 08:35 AM
Is this the same club whos supporters where launching paper and drumsticks at him when he went to take a corner?

I think his Answer will be No to what ever offer Der Hun put up.

Keith_M
27-05-2015, 08:45 AM
Ten Million Quid in readies and they can have him.

John_the_angus_hibby
27-05-2015, 08:57 AM
IMO there is very little chance that he would sign a new contract with us right now. His ambitions surely extend beyond the Scottish 2nd tier , as they should.

However, he has another year on his existing contract and says he's happy to stay. If he helps get us promoted and gives his all for another season then he can leave on a free next summer if he wants to as far as I am concerned. He will have fulfilled his contract. Otherwise, der Hun will need to offer big money - up front - if they want him this summer.

Can't see the club letting anyone of material resale value going on a free. Unless he signs an extension I cannot see us refusing a serious money offer this summer even if he wants to stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-05-2015, 08:59 AM
Needs to be at least double that or it could be the worst bit of business since Pat Stanton left for Celtic...

Rangers should have a few bob sloshing around once they clear their current farcical wage bill and D King is a well know, law-abiding zillionaire.

The idea of seeing Scotty in their colours kinda turns my stomach.

There's a photo of him doing the rounds in his Rangers strip as a wee boy. It's not nice

emerald green
27-05-2015, 09:32 AM
This is just the start of it, already.

If Hibs sell Allan to The Rangers, especially if The Rangers are still in the Championship with Hibs next season, then they can kiss goodbye to two things:

1) any chance of promotion by winning the division outright, and 2) a number (hard to say how many) of the remaining support who will consider enough is enough.

As an aside, what would be Stubbs' reaction be to such a sale, if it were to happen? There's absolutely no chance of Hibs spending anything like £500,000 to bring in an adequate replacement either.

SlickShoes
27-05-2015, 09:41 AM
I think obtaining promotion is more important than 400k or 500k. I think rangers should made to dig deep if they really want him.

Yep, I agree, letting him go for anything less than 750k would be daft.

brog
27-05-2015, 09:43 AM
At full time on Saturday, I saw McCulloch having an intense word in Allan's ear and I immediately thought then that he might have been saying, 'Come play for der Hun' :brickwall

I saw & thought the same as you! Mind you I don't know why McCulloch's concerned, he'll be out on his erchie after Sunday regardless! Come on the Well!

pennyhibee
27-05-2015, 09:45 AM
Scott Allan to rangers ,Alan Stubbs to Sheffield United .What's it going to be tomorrow's Spun headline ,hearts buy ER to replace crumbling tynecastle *****

JimBHibees
27-05-2015, 10:05 AM
Is there the possibility that there is a clause in his contract saying he can leave to play in a higher league (either for free or a set sum) if we failed to get promotion this season?

CallumLaidlaw
27-05-2015, 10:11 AM
There's a photo of him doing the rounds in his Rangers strip as a wee boy. It's not nice

Its meant to be from his instagram but its been photoshopped.

Keith_M
27-05-2015, 10:20 AM
We are now in Silly Season so don't take all the rumours (especially in the MSM) too seriously.

DTS
27-05-2015, 10:21 AM
Its meant to be from his instagram but its been photoshopped.

It was on his Instagram until he signed for us when he deleted it!

portyhibernian
27-05-2015, 10:32 AM
Would people be willing to let Allan go if an offer came in that meant we could secure say Fontaine and Fyvie on longer term deals?? A tough choice but if the offer suits Hibs....

Keith_M
27-05-2015, 10:33 AM

But he was a Rangers fan, so it really is no big deal.

I'd imagine there are a few photos available of Cummings in a Hearts Strip but it doesn't bother me, as long as he keeps scoring goals for us.

Steve20
27-05-2015, 10:36 AM
Would people be willing to let Allan go if an offer came in that meant we could secure say Fontaine and Fyvie on longer term deals?? A tough choice but if the offer suits Hibs....

Not if Rangers are still in the Championship. We'd be weakening our team from this season and strengthening theirs.

CallumLaidlaw
27-05-2015, 10:39 AM

I'd imagine there are a few photos available of Cummings in a Hearts Strip but it doesn't bother me, as long as he keeps scoring goals for us.

:agree: Theres one of him doing the 5-1 hand signal at Tynecastle. I couldnt care less. He certainly doesnt have any warm feeling towards them these days!

NAE NOOKIE
27-05-2015, 10:43 AM
The Huns will bid for Scott Allan .... but if Hibs accept less than £750,000 to £1,000,000 we need shooting. If they don't go up, no way should we sell to them. Lets not kid ourselves though ..... £2,000 a week from Hibs or £6,000 a week from your boyhood club in a higher league, what would you do?

As it is I'm willing to bet other clubs in the UK are aware of him. Not only that, but there will be interest in Stubbs from down south, if he did go Scott Allan wont be far from his thoughts.

As for Hibs spending any transfer fee on a replacement .... get real ... £500,000 players want 5K a week, not 2K.

MrRobot
27-05-2015, 11:02 AM
The first offer from Rangers should be rejected and a message put across to not table any further offers as there will be no negotiating. Even if he does go, not a chance we should sell to them. Even if the offer was higher, I'd rather take less money than sell another player to that club.

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-05-2015, 11:16 AM

Didn't say it was a big deal, just that it wasn't nice. Nobody in a Rangers strip is nice

WeeRussell
27-05-2015, 11:24 AM
If Allan is sold for anything less than a million - it'll raise serious questions for me over the supposed steps and improvement to the way our club is being run and led.

If on top of that, he is sold to Rangers - that might just about be enough for me.

I certainly wouldn't blame the laddie for wanting to leave - it HAS to be for the right money though. If we were to announce he has signed a new deal and is going nowhere - I'd already be excited for next season.

Bad Martini
27-05-2015, 11:29 AM
Hmmm, Im no sticking my neck on the line for this as I've learned through decades of fitba that there is very little that comes as a shock, particularly nowadays.

That said, I dont think Dempster and the Hibs Board are so stupid as to sell one of our best players to one of our closest rivals if/when (hopefully) those manky hun *******s remain in our league. That's handing one of your prized staff to your nearest rival. You dont do it. And I dont think that we would.

Even IF the huns DO go up, we still shouldnt do it. How the **** are they gonna pay us the money Allan is worth? They have no pot to piss in! They have a worse financial record than greece and have all the prospects of a ****ing toilet duck. That's before we even consider the fact its the huns we are talking about.

IF Allan goes anywhere, I'd be surprised if it's them. Never say never but I'd be surprised. If he went elsewhere and we made some from it, well I'm still no happy but what can you do when the contract is running down........

However, the Daily Record is one of the biggest piles of pish in Scotland. If they told me the Earth was round I'd double check. Let's wait and see...:aok:

jacomo
27-05-2015, 11:36 AM
Is this the same club whos supporters where launching paper and drumsticks at him when he went to take a corner?

I think his Answer will be No to what ever offer Der Hun put up.

Good point. He might have been Rangers as a kid but the fans haven't shown him a lot of respect since.

TheMentalHibees
27-05-2015, 11:47 AM
Did he not turn them down in the summer window last year? Or am I mistaken.

pennyhibee
27-05-2015, 11:51 AM
Must be easy being a journo now OH rangers beat Hibs ,lee mccullogh talks to Scott Allan as they leave the pitch ,was Allan no a rangers fan SORTED ALLAN KEY TO GERS job done

AndyM_1875
27-05-2015, 11:52 AM
Did he not turn them down in the summer window last year? Or am I mistaken.

He did. He joined Hibs for footballing reasons.
This story is just silly season fluff anyway. The currant buns are playing Motherwell tomorrow and even if as I expect they go up they have the rather large inconvenience of Big Mike flexing his muscles and a General Meeting on June 12. Stuart McCall doesn't even know if he will be manager next week.

I mean really....

Radium
27-05-2015, 11:57 AM
The club have stepped up to the mark consistently since last summer, and I would expect them to do the same during the summer transfer window. The DUFC saga in January will have resonated with other clubs so selling to a rival will be done very cautiously.

Franck Stanton
27-05-2015, 11:59 AM
Time for a reality check methinks, after all the article is in The Sun and they only print 100% truth now don't they ?

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-05-2015, 12:05 PM
They were in debt £40 to a face painting business well that other team called Rangers were. I'm sure the Rangers couldn't scrape together 2m + add ins for him.

2m seriously? :-)

Keith_M
27-05-2015, 12:13 PM
Didn't say it was a big deal, just that it wasn't nice. Nobody in a Rangers strip is nice

Well, I think we can agree on that.

:greengrin

Andy74
27-05-2015, 12:15 PM
When did we recently sell anyone on the cheap?

SunshineOnLeith
27-05-2015, 12:23 PM
Can some photoshop a bingo card with phrases we can expect to read in the red tops in the coming weeks as they ramp up the pressure:

'Cash strapped'

'Tight fisted'

'Boyhood heroes'

'May be forced'

Etc etc etc

silverhibee
27-05-2015, 12:28 PM
When did we recently sell anyone on the cheap?

How much did we get for James Collins.

ManBearPig
27-05-2015, 02:05 PM
I think the only way fans would accept this is if it was the Scottish equivalent of the Andy Carroll to Liverpool situatiob

scoopyboy
27-05-2015, 02:14 PM
How much did we get for James Collins.

Brussel Sprout. It was a case of getting his wage off the books as he had two years still to go.

CallumLaidlaw
27-05-2015, 02:32 PM
Can some photoshop a bingo card with phrases we can expect to read in the red tops in the coming weeks as they ramp up the pressure:

'Cash strapped'

'Tight fisted'

'Boyhood heroes'

'May be forced'

Etc etc etc

I reckon you could get all of them in one headline, and paragraph!

BEAM ME UP SCOTTY
ALLAN HEADING FOR IBROX AS CASH-STRAPPED HIBS FLOG THE CROWN JEWELS
Last night Hibs accepted a 3rd bid of £500,000 to allow Championship player of the year Scott Allan to speak to his boyhood heroes. As exclusively revealed by the Sun last month, Rangers have had 23 year old Allan in their sights for some time. After having 2 previous bids, described by Leeann Dempster as "derisory" rejected, the clubs have finally come to an agreement, and it is believed that Allan will travel to Murray Park today for a medical. While Hibs fans may be enfuriated by the news of yet another star player heading west, its believed that Hibs have had their hand forced due to failing to get back to the Scottish Premiership at the first attempt.

familyman
27-05-2015, 04:11 PM
Can't say I'm shocked at that to be honest.

Hope Hibs can persuade him to stay but it will be tough.
If Rod Petrie is reading any of this, then this is the time to ENSURE WE HOLD ON TO SCOTT, if he is under contract for another year we surely can hold on to him ,either way he simply has to stay.

HFC 0-7
27-05-2015, 04:15 PM
If Rod Petrie is reading any of this, then this is the time to ENSURE WE HOLD ON TO SCOTT, if he is under contract for another year we surely can hold on to him ,either way he simply has to stay.

Dont think it has anything to do with him now, its Leeann that will have that say I would imagine.

HIBERNIAN-0762
27-05-2015, 04:30 PM
Dont think it has anything to do with him now, its Leeann that will have that say I would imagine.

:hilarious

Blaster
27-05-2015, 05:45 PM
Brussel Sprout. It was a case of getting his wage off the books as he had two years still to go.

Did his new club not pay the outstanding instalment we were due to pay his old club?

SquashedFrogg
27-05-2015, 06:45 PM
We need to pragmatic about all this.

I'd love him to stay as he's a very talented footballer (destined for big things IMO) but history tells me that if a club comes in, and offers a player significantly higher wages, then he will consider it and potentially accept it. In that case if a player wants to leave then the club won't simply force him to stay. It doesn't happen at any club in the world - especially when only a year to go.

Been through the old 'he's committed to the cause', 'he's a Hibby - his dad was a Hibby', 'thay can't afford his fee' scenarios too many times over the years.

Leigh left us and was 'one of our own' so Allan would have no hesitation in moving on.

I'd love him to stay but if an offer comes in I suspect he will be away.

If he does go then we must make sure we invest the money wisely. He is, after all, only 1 player...

tamig
27-05-2015, 06:53 PM
We need to pragmatic about all this.

I'd love him to stay as he's a very talented footballer (destined for big things IMO) but history tells me that if a club comes in, and offers a player significantly higher wages, then he will consider it and potentially accept it. In that case if a player wants to leave then the club won't simply force him to stay. It doesn't happen at any club in the world - especially when only a year to go.

Been through the old 'he's committed to the cause', 'he's a Hibby - his dad was a Hibby', 'thay can't afford his fee' scenarios too many times over the years.

Leigh left us and was 'one of our own' so Allan would have no hesitation in moving on.

I'd love him to stay but if an offer comes in I suspect he will be away.

If he does go then we must make sure we invest the money wisely. He is, after all, only 1 player...
Difference with Griffiths is he has never been our player.

Eyrie
27-05-2015, 06:57 PM
I'll be honest and state that Allan should be playing at a higher level than the second tier of Scottish football. But the top flight here isn't much better, so a move to a promoted Sevco Huns would be far closer to a sideways move rather than a genuine step up.

If a Championship club down south offers us over £1m, then it's the right move for Allan and the right money for us.

But I'd rather we sign him to a longer deal with a get-out clause for the player should the unthinkable happen and we don't get promoted next season.

SquashedFrogg
27-05-2015, 07:03 PM
Difference with Griffiths is he has never been our player.

Technically yes but he could have been if he wanted to be. But he didn't as he wanted to move to Celtic. Players have the power, not clubs. If he wanted to sign for us he would have. But he didn't and frankly I don't hold any grudges against him for moving to Celtic.

I don't blame players for wanting to make 4, 5, 6 times the money they can at Hibs. In fact, if my son was in that position I'd probably back his decision to move and maximise his income as a pro footballer. I'd challenge anyone on that.

In utopia I'd want all our great players to stay but that's never going to happen so we need to realistic about things. I love my team but know how things work.

heretoday
27-05-2015, 07:06 PM

And surely he could do better than the Huns anyway?

Eyrie
27-05-2015, 07:09 PM
And surely he could do better than the Huns anyway?

Easily done by staying here.

hibees 7062
27-05-2015, 07:12 PM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/s526x395/10423288_10153067444219748_6740551844720024562_n.j pg?oh=66986d2d918b898928bbc9036f994df6&oe=55C62188Doesn't suit him

SunshineOnLeith
27-05-2015, 07:42 PM
<minging pic> Doesn't suit him

For balance, he's posted one within the last hour of him posing at Easter Road.

Zazu62
27-05-2015, 07:48 PM
The way I see it if he doesn't want to play for hibs he can go, we need players that want to play for the club

hibees 7062
27-05-2015, 07:50 PM
The way I see it if he doesn't want to play for hibs he can go, we need players that want to play for the club

Correct :top marks

MWHIBBIES
27-05-2015, 07:59 PM

They cannot however get him for nothing in January.Well yeah but they aren't going to pay 1 million for a guy they can sign on a pre contract in 6 months

hibeesboii
27-05-2015, 09:54 PM
Hopefully that picture on instagram is to say he's no leaving easter road!!

Heisenberg
27-05-2015, 11:15 PM
The Scottish daily mail have got a bit on the back page about Celtc joining the chase to get him now.

Hibernia&Alba
27-05-2015, 11:44 PM
Allan has had such a good season, it's likely at least one club will try to sign him. It would be a big blow if he leaves, and a hammer blow if he leaves for Hunco: a return to the old days of their cherry picking the best other clubs have. Let's hope the story is just a case of the laptop loyal getting carried away.

ekhibee
28-05-2015, 12:58 AM
Have to agree with SquashedFrog here. Whether we like it or not, if a decent offer comes in, there's every chance he'll take it if it's considerably better than ours. And it will definitely mean making the most of the money we do get for him if that does happen, cos we'll get the square root of f all if he stays and runs out his contract. That said, I'm not convinced he'd go to Sevco anyway, but down south might be an option .

macd123
28-05-2015, 02:23 AM
Well yeah but they aren't going to pay 1 million for a guy they can sign on a pre contract in 6 months

That's assuming nobody else wants him which is highly unlikely. I don't think they have any chance of getting him if they wait till January. The only way they can guarantee getting him is to offer cash now.

gorgie greens
28-05-2015, 03:27 AM
A lot on here seem to forget that there was an offer on the table from the Huns but HE chose us ,
And one way of keeping sevco weak is for Celtic to sign any player half decent that takes sevco eye.But a Hun fan signing for Celtic ?
Scotty has said he still feels he has a point to prove in England so my money would be on him heading back south once any bids come rolling in and if i was a manager of one of the newly promoted premiership teams i would take a punt on him, might be a step too much but who knows

Pete
28-05-2015, 06:26 AM
The Scottish daily mail have got a bit on the back page about Celtc joining the chase to get him now.

This will be great for Scottish football.

thebausburst
28-05-2015, 06:31 AM
Have to think Celtic will be a more likely destination, despite his love of Rangers, with McGeough thrown in to sweeten the deal?

Jim44
28-05-2015, 06:35 AM
Unless he is a liar, Allan has said he is happy to stay at ER to help us get promotion. Keep him to that as promotion is the be all and end all. Too bad if he goes at the end of next season for nothing, as long as we are back in the Premiership.

Brooster
28-05-2015, 06:43 AM
Its quite possible that Allan may leave over the summer. By the same token its posible he may stay or even extend his contract. If he (and Hibs) decides to move there will be lots of interest in him and this blatant courting by sevco can only drive his price up.

CRAZYHIBBY
28-05-2015, 06:52 AM
Im no longer fussed....we always lose our best players and later when other teams try and buy him from celtic or rangers the papers will refer to him as " ex hibs star"...which can only be a good thing as it makes other top youngsters think coming to hibs and giving their best will get them a big move in the future

greenginger
28-05-2015, 08:08 AM
I think Scott Allan would be mad to go to Sevco.

When Scott joined us, he was way short of match fitness and could not last 90 minutes.

Hibs have a tie up with sports medics at Queen Margaret University and in a conversation I had with George Craig after the AGM ,he explained how all players have regular checks to ensure max performance.

He said a couple of players required special monitoring without mentioning names, but with Scott's diabetes condition , I'm sure he will be carefully managed.

Sevco are still a shambles. I think Jimmy Bell the bus driver and kit-man doubles as sports science consultant :greengrin

If he goes , I'm sure he knows it has to be some club that lives in the modern world.

Green Fish
28-05-2015, 08:11 AM
Read that tic now showing an interest. So, hypothetical qu, if they offered Dylan plus a fee, should/would we take the offer?

liamh2202
28-05-2015, 08:15 AM
Read that tic now showing an interest. So, hypothetical qu, if they offered Dylan plus a fee, should/would we take the offer?

Depends on the fee realistically... Ideally though I would have no complaints if Hibs stood their ground this time.. I think Scott holds the key to all this thou

Paloschi
28-05-2015, 08:49 AM

No quotes or anything from any representative of either of the Old Firm. Complete non-story at the moment. Also don't get why they are quoting a £400,000 fee unless there is a clause in his contract which I highly doubt we'd be that daft.

I hope he stays but would rather sell to Celtic. He won't even get a game there IMO.

FWIW I would rather keep Allan and lose both Fyvie and McGeoch... so I would be doing everything I could to keep him.

Link to the report... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3100052/Celtic-Rangers-set-transfer-tug-war-Hibernian-midfielder-Scott-Allan.html

scoopyboy
28-05-2015, 08:53 AM
Well yeah but they aren't going to pay 1 million for a guy they can sign on a pre contract in 6 months

I agree with that but they can't get him for nothing in January which was what you originally stated.

jacomo
28-05-2015, 09:08 AM
Unless he is a liar, Allan has said he is happy to stay at ER to help us get promotion. Keep him to that as promotion is the be all and end all. Too bad if he goes at the end of next season for nothing, as long as we are back in the Premiership.

:agree:

People losing sight of the bigger picture here IMO. He joined us for free, and should be able to leave for free next summer with our blessings - if he helps get us promoted, and especially if he goes back down South.

We are a great place for Allan to be (just look how people are talking about him again) and the longer he stays with us the better.

Keith_M
28-05-2015, 09:16 AM
Technically yes but he could have been if he wanted to be. But he didn't as he wanted to move to Celtic.

IIRC, Wolves activated a clause in his contract at the end of his time with Hibs that tied him to them for another year. That meant that any club that wanted to sign him would have had to pay a Fee.

Celtc offered £1M which, I'm sure you'll agree, was way out of Hibs price range.

HFC 0-7
28-05-2015, 09:20 AM
The problem with Hibs knocking any offers back would be him possibly signing a pre contract in January. That could mean that for the second half of the season his mind may be elsewhere. Next season is going to be tough, we need all players focussed on the job IMO. Not saying that Allan wouldnt try but it could effect him knowing that he will be elsewhere for the next again season.

J-C
28-05-2015, 09:26 AM
IIRC, Wolves activated a clause in his contract at the end of his time with Hibs that tied him to them for another year. That meant that any club that wanted to sign him would have had to pay a Fee.

Celtc offered £1M which, I'm sure you'll agree, was way out of Hibs price range.

Wolves activated the extra year yes but Leigh then went on to sign an extention to that by an extra year, this is what made it even more galling to all us Hibs supporters as all he had to do was sit there for 6 months and sign a pre contract with us, instead he had another year to go and Celtic paid up.

Keith_M
28-05-2015, 09:27 AM
How about this for a reasonable scenario

Allan decides to show his appreciation to Hibs for kick-starting his career by signing a two year extension. He has a clause in the contract that allows him to leave for any Club that offers Hibs £1M+ at any time after the end of season 2015-16.

Result: Hibs get to keep him for one more year, and receive a decent amount of money for him at the end of it. Allan shows everybody what a great guy he is but gets his big move with one more year of rehabilitation under his belt, then leaves while still a hero of the Hibs Support and everybody's good wishes.

blackpoolhibs
28-05-2015, 09:46 AM

Allan decides to show his appreciation to Hibs for kick-starting his career by signing a two year extension. He has a clause in the contract that allows him to leave for any Club that offers Hibs £1M+ at any time after the end of season 2015-16.

Result: Hibs get to keep him for one more year, and receive a decent amount of money for him at the end of it. Allan shows everybody what a great guy he is but gets his big move with one more year of rehabilitation under his belt, then leaves while still a hero of the Hibs Support and everybody's good wishes.

Would be great, but footballers will probably take the view that gives them the most pay and the best option for them.

TRC
28-05-2015, 09:48 AM
I think its his agent stirring the pot to see if anyone down sputh fancies him again. 'Look look celtic and The reangers are after him' down south take note and agent gets a bigger deal down there?

jingler1954
28-05-2015, 09:57 AM

absolutely spot on

CockneyRebel
28-05-2015, 10:16 AM

Let's start a petition and send it to Stubbsy and Scott :gwa:

emerald green
28-05-2015, 10:19 AM

Have you put this suggestion to Scott Allan and his agent? :aok:

Jim44
28-05-2015, 10:38 AM
The problem with Hibs knocking any offers back would be him possibly signing a pre contract in January. That could mean that for the second half of the season his mind may be elsewhere. Next season is going to be tough, we need all players focussed on the job IMO. Not saying that Allan wouldnt try but it could effect him knowing that he will be elsewhere for the next again season.

That's a chance worth taking, as far as I'm concerned.

CallumLaidlaw
28-05-2015, 10:39 AM
That's a chance worth taking, as far as I'm concerned.

:agree: Start the season well enough and we could have a healthy lead by January.

Callum_62
28-05-2015, 10:41 AM
BREAKING RUMOUR:
Fans News has received unconfirmed reports this morning that both Scott Allan AND Liam Fontaine have signed contract extensions!

S4uzee
28-05-2015, 10:48 AM
BREAKING RUMOUR:
Fans News has received unconfirmed reports this morning that both Scott Allan AND Liam Fontaine have signed contract extensions!
What a load of tosh that will be

GreenArmyyy!
28-05-2015, 10:56 AM
Andy Gillies reporting that Scott Allan and Liam Fontaine have both signed extensions whilst we have signed Fyvie and Stevenson on two year deals!

scoopyboy
28-05-2015, 11:52 AM
Andy Gillies reporting that Scott Allan and Liam Fontaine have both signed extensions whilst we have signed Fyvie and Stevenson on two year deals!

Amazing he hasn't mentioned Lewis' testimonial!!!!

J-C
28-05-2015, 11:53 AM
Amazing he hasn't mentioned Lewis' testimonial!!!!

He will now you've said it :greengrin

Nando™
28-05-2015, 12:06 PM

Got a link?

KeithTheHibby
28-05-2015, 12:14 PM

Which has been lifted straight from the PM board on here. The boy knows hee haw.

Danderhall Hibs
28-05-2015, 12:15 PM
Which has been lifted straight from the PM board on here. The boy knows hee haw.

Are you saying the "info" on the PM board isn't true?

Keith_M
28-05-2015, 01:16 PM

Are you saying the "info" on the PM board isn't true?

I think it was mentioned on the PM board as speculation, not that any of them had definitely signed extensions.

p.s. If Allan has done so, I'm taking credit for making the suggestion in this very thread.

:wink:

erin go bragh
28-05-2015, 05:10 PM
What a load of tosh that will be

Hope no . Maybe your wrong ( fingers crossed )

GGTTH

Vini1875
28-05-2015, 05:40 PM
If they had signed, Hibs would waste no time in putting that out, season ticket sales and all. I doubt Scott Allan's situation will be resolved before the huns situation is resolved.

Diclonius
28-05-2015, 05:48 PM
That Facebook page is literally the only place in the world that uses the phrase "breaking rumour".

Ryan69
28-05-2015, 06:27 PM
Allan has had such a good season, it's likely at least one club will try to sign him. It would be a big blow if he leaves, and a hammer blow if he leaves for Hunco: a return to the old days of their cherry picking the best other clubs have. Let's hope the story is just a case of the laptop loyal getting carried away.

Get used to it again if Sevco get promoted....duopoly returns!

Upset players,cause problems...it's the media testing the waters with the long term aim of old firm 1 + 2 every year.

Alfred E Newman
28-05-2015, 08:00 PM
Get used to it again if Sevco get promoted....duopoly returns!

Upset players,cause problems...it's the media testing the waters with the long term aim of old firm 1 + 2 every year.

In that case it looks like we can safely say that it doesn't look like he will be going to Rangers :aok:

Paisley Hibby
28-05-2015, 08:16 PM
In that case it looks like we can safely say that it doesn't look like he will be going to Rangers :aok:

No , he will definitely be going to Ibrox.....as a Hibs player for a league match :wink:

Swedish hibee
28-05-2015, 09:38 PM
BREAKING RUMOUR:

......If this happened Hibs.net would go into complete meltdown :wink: *pray it happens* (sorry admins!)

Jim44
29-05-2015, 04:38 PM
According to FF, the fight for SA is between Sevco and Celtic. They are slightly concerned that Celtic will outbid them.

Springbank
29-05-2015, 05:08 PM
I wouldn't underestimate the power of a supportive understanding boss like Stubbs, who plays you every week. after a season at wba of knowing how it feels to be watching Jeff Stelling on a Saturday instead of playing, Scott Allan knows the value of this, enjoying football, in a footballing side.

Since90+2
29-05-2015, 05:54 PM
According to FF, the fight for SA is between Sevco and Celtic. They are slightly concerned that Celtic will outbid them.

If Celtic want him Sevco would not have a chance to match them financially. Both in any transfer fee and wages.

NadeAteMyLunch!
29-05-2015, 07:21 PM
If Celtic want him Sevco would not have a chance to match them financially. Both in any transfer fee and wages.

They won't even be able to match the league that Celtic are in. The Rangers have no chance. Idiots

Blaster
29-05-2015, 07:24 PM

Celtic can buy him for £1m and loan him back to us next season

KeithTheHibby
29-05-2015, 07:36 PM

I'm not convinced he's good enough for Celtic.

Pete
29-05-2015, 07:51 PM

He's not for sale so they can both bolt.

Allant1981
29-05-2015, 07:53 PM

Have to disagree, he would flourish playing in a decent team, think he will go down south when he eventually leaves us

NadeAteMyLunch!
29-05-2015, 08:56 PM

I think he would be outstanding if he went there. Hopefully never find out though

snooky
29-05-2015, 09:00 PM

How about a straight swap? :hyper

Sir David Gray
29-05-2015, 10:40 PM
How about a straight swap? :hyper

Dylan McGeouch? :greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-05-2015, 12:07 AM
He's not going to them. Staying here. More chance of him joining Celtic than them.

GordonHFC
30-05-2015, 08:44 PM
A first team squad member has been telling folk that Scott Allan has been saying he will not be at Hibs next season.

3pm
30-05-2015, 08:56 PM
A first team squad member has been telling folk that Scott Allan has been saying he will not be at Hibs next season.

OK.

Scottie
30-05-2015, 08:58 PM
Want to enlighten us ?

Borderhibbie76
31-05-2015, 06:00 AM

Right then!!

GordonHFC
31-05-2015, 09:11 AM
Want to enlighten us ?

Obviously I will not name the individual concerned but I trust the person who told me 150%. He is a v good friend of the player and he was with him last night and was texting me whilst he was there. Now obviously the player could be bull****ting but he also said that Fyvie wont be signing (possibly going to the sheep) and that Fontaine has signed a new deal. Only passing info on that I believe to be good but as we all know anything can happen.

woodythehibee
31-05-2015, 09:16 AM
Obviously I will not name the individual concerned but I trust the person who told me 150%. He is a v good friend of the player and he was with him last night and was texting me whilst he was there. Now obviously the player could be bull****ting but he also said that Fyvie wont be signing (possibly going to the sheep) and that Fontaine has signed a new deal. Only passing info on that I believe to be good but as we all know anything can happen.
Pretty sure Fonts has signed so would say that your defo 1/3 correct. I just hope the other two snippets are not correct.

Lee Marvin
31-05-2015, 09:37 AM

not doubting your info but surely if he had signed, it would have announced? Maybe waiting on another couple to announce at once?

Fwiw, not too bothered if true about Fyvie, expect Allan to leave for right amount but Didnt expect fonts to sign. Therefore I hope your mate is right.

scoopyboy
31-05-2015, 09:50 AM
not doubting your info but surely if he had signed, it would have announced? Maybe waiting on another couple to announce at once?

Fwiw, not too bothered if true about Fyvie, expect Allan to leave for right amount but Didnt expect fonts to sign. Therefore I hope your mate is right.

Very rarely do Hibs announce a signing the day it happens.

When Hibs do announce players extending contracts or resigning the chances are the players will be away on holiday.

DH1875
31-05-2015, 11:17 AM

Fyvie won't be at Hibs next season.

Pretty Boy
31-05-2015, 11:20 AM

I think you're wrong.

Scottie
31-05-2015, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the update Gordon :aok:

Greenworld
31-05-2015, 12:56 PM
Truth is no one knows

GreenArmyyy!
31-05-2015, 12:56 PM

They wouldn't have happened to be out at the Ratpack last night would they?

Jim44
31-05-2015, 04:32 PM
Sevco are now the unlikeliest team in Scotland to get Scott Allan.

Keith_M
31-05-2015, 04:43 PM

IWasThere2016
31-05-2015, 04:46 PM

:lolrangers:

Diclonius
31-05-2015, 04:49 PM
Scott Allan just lost his status as Rangers' numer one target next season.

His place has been taken by tying Dean Shiels down onto a longer contract.

scoopyboy
31-05-2015, 09:00 PM
Truth is no one knows

No Hibs members of staff.

Players themselves.

Player's wives and families.

Player's agents.

Aye yer right, no one knows.

HoboHarry
31-05-2015, 09:15 PM
No Hibs members of staff.

Players themselves.

Player's wives and families.

Player's agents.

Aye yer right, no one knows.
Well gee us some good news then Scoopy - you are usually pretty accurate....

Greenworld
31-05-2015, 09:29 PM
Canae he doesn't know

Smartie
31-05-2015, 09:30 PM
I was just having a wee browse around Rangers Media (quite a good place to be tonight actually).

One of them is saying that Allan was at the game today with a mate and that he was saying to a few of them in the pub after the game that he would be signing for them.

scoopyboy
31-05-2015, 09:37 PM
Canae he doesn't know

And how do you know that I do or don't know?

Greenworld
31-05-2015, 09:39 PM
You dont know one does not being picky just honest...

scoopyboy
31-05-2015, 09:45 PM
You dont know one does not being picky just honest...

Ok smart arse here are some predictions;

Lewis Stevenson will be announced shortly, new contract with testimonial.

Fraser Fyvie will sign for us.

Scott Robertson will probably turn down new contract unless renegotiated.

Care for a wager on any or all three of these?

Alan Stubbs to sign extended deal.

Greenworld
31-05-2015, 09:46 PM
Yup scott robertson has been offered half his previous deal did u know that

scoopyboy
31-05-2015, 09:49 PM
Yup scott robertson has been offered half his previous deal did u know that

Wait the now, did you no say that nobody knows anything?

Were you wanting to take any of the wagers up?

Libby Hibby
31-05-2015, 09:49 PM
I was just having a wee browse around Rangers Media (quite a good place to be tonight actually).

One of them is saying that Allan was at the game today with a mate and that he was saying to a few of them in the pub after the game that he would be signing for them.

Funny, as I seen Scott down Porty Beach at around 1pm whilst out walking with my daughter.

He may well have went on to the game after I seen him but timings wise, it seemed tight.

S4uzee
31-05-2015, 09:52 PM

Any word on Fontaine scoopyboy?

scoopyboy
31-05-2015, 09:55 PM
Any word on Fontaine scoopyboy?

Nothing at all mate.

I had heard back in December that if he was to say he would want a two or three year deal so as he could move his family up, he wouldn't do that with the offer of a one year deal.

Things could obviously have changed since then though.

Greenworld
31-05-2015, 09:57 PM
Dont take this the wrong way but They are hardley rocket science guesses. .. fyvie would be interesting the rest not surprising. ...

S4uzee
31-05-2015, 09:58 PM
Nothing at all mate.

I had heard back in December that if he was to say he would want a two or three year deal so as he could move his family up, he wouldn't do that with the offer of a one year deal.

Cheers 👍🏻. Hopefully get something sorted for him and think he's worth at least a 2 year deal imo

SaulGoodman
31-05-2015, 10:02 PM
Nothing at all mate.

Any info on SA or is it all quiet?

scoopyboy
31-05-2015, 10:04 PM
Dont take this the wrong way but They are hardley rocket science guesses. .. fyvie would be interesting the rest not surprising. ...

I'm only putting on what I believe will happen due to info coming my way.

I never said anywhere I had anything sensational to put up.

We will see if what I've said comes to pass.

scoopyboy
31-05-2015, 10:06 PM
Any info on SA or is it all quiet?

Nothing much, I think Hibs are trying to get him to sign an extended contract but no idea if that will happen or not.

My gut feeling would be not but that is just me guessing.

pacorosssco
31-05-2015, 10:25 PM

All sounds great news for club. I wish Scott Robertson well. It took him time to find feet again after Blackpool move. He Gave his all, cant ask more than that. Division wise we need to make the pennys add up and like craig costs to much compared to what else is around for less.

Gus
31-05-2015, 10:36 PM
Some Rangers fans site tweeted that Allan's agent was at Ibrox yesterday (Saturday)

B.H.F.C
31-05-2015, 10:38 PM
All sounds great news for club. I wish Scott Robertson well. It took him time to find feet again after Blackpool move. He Gave his all, cant ask more than that. Division wise we need to make the pennys add up and like craig costs to much compared to what else is around for less.

We could go from being overloaded with central midfield players to hardly having any, as things stand. Craig and potentially Robertson away. Don't imagine we'll see McGeough again. There will be bids in for Allan from somewhere. So getting Fyvie signed would be important. We'd need another body in that area as well. Wonder if we might see a bit of Scott Martin in pre season as he's been in quite a few squads. As you say, we'll need to spend wisely with spending another year in this league.

scoopyboy
31-05-2015, 10:46 PM
We could go from being overloaded with central midfield players to hardly having any, as things stand. Craig and potentially Robertson away. Don't imagine we'll see McGeough again. There will be bids in for Allan from somewhere. So getting Fyvie signed would be important. We'd need another body in that area as well. Wonder if we might see a bit of Scott Martin in pre season as he's been in wuite a few squads. As you say, we'll need to spend wisely for a season spending another year in this league.

The McGeouch one is interesting.

I posted on the PM board a few weeks back that Celtic were going to take up the one year option on Dylan, not with a view to playing him but to use as a makeweight in a deal for Scott Allan.

Heard last week that Celtic were going to take up the option but not seen it confirmed anywhere.

I would have thought they would have had to take it up by today as I think players contracts will be up as of midnight.

B.H.F.C
31-05-2015, 10:54 PM
The McGeouch one is interesting.

I posted on the PM board a few weeks back that Celtic were going to take up the one year option on Dylan, not with a view to playing him but to use as a makeweight in a deal for Scott Allan.

Heard last week that Celtic were going to take up the option but not seen it confirmed anywhere.

I would have thought they would have had to take it up by today as I think players contracts will be up as of midnight.

Yeah I remember seeing that. McGeough is certainly not going to go back and get in the Celtic team which would make you think we may see him back. I don't know why, it's just my gut feeling that we won't see him back at Hibs. Still, if you've got info to the contrary then fair enough.

I was a bit disappointed with him towards the end of the season, I thought he could have contributed more. Probably wasn't helped by niggling injuries to be fair.

scoopyboy
31-05-2015, 11:04 PM
Yeah I remember seeing that. McGeough is certainly not going to go back and get in the Celtic team which would make you think we may see him back. I don't know why, it's just my gut feeling that we won't see him back at Hibs. Still, if you've got info to the contrary then fair enough.

I was a bit disappointed with him towards the end of the season, I thought he could have contributed more. Probably wasn't helped by niggling injuries to be fair.

Not really convinced by it though.

If I was McGeouch I don't think I would be happy getting used as a pawn

Scott Allan said at Sponsors night that he was trying to get Dylan to stay with us.

Mr Grieves
31-05-2015, 11:06 PM
Some Rangers fans site tweeted that Allan's agent was at Ibrox yesterday (Saturday)

John Viola was his agent when Allan was at Dundee United. John Viola also represents Lee McCulloch.

Make your own conclusion

B.H.F.C
31-05-2015, 11:08 PM
Not really convinced by it though.

If I was McGeouch I don't think I would be happy getting used as a pawn

Scott Allan said at Sponsors night that he was trying to get Dylan to stay with us.

Am I right in thinking the two of them are quite good mates and travel together to training etc?

I don't think McGeough would be happy with that either but if the option is on Celtics part he won't have a choice I suppose.

It would just be good if we could convince Allan to commit. That's the kind of thing that would make others want to sign/stay.

Hibeesmad
31-05-2015, 11:56 PM
Rangers fans assume that they can buy who they want from the likes of Hibs because of their dominance in the past. However, times have changed and this is not a Hibernian who will go and sell their best players to their closest league rivals. I don't even think Rangers will be able to afford him. Scotty won't be at Rangers next season, it will be another season with Dean Shiels for them

GreenLake
01-06-2015, 02:01 AM
Offer Allan more than the cheats, it would be worth it. He can't possibly want to play with Lee McBollock next year

scoopyboy
01-06-2015, 05:46 AM
Am I right in thinking the two of them are quite good mates and travel together to training etc?

I don't think McGeough would be happy with that either but if the option is on Celtics part he won't have a choice I suppose.

It would just be good if we could convince Allan to commit. That's the kind of thing that would make others want to sign/stay.

Yes they travel to training together, not sure where they stay though.

DH1875
01-06-2015, 07:24 AM
Funny, as I seen Scott down Porty Beach at around 1pm whilst out walking with my daughter.

He may well have went on to the game after I seen him but timings wise, it seemed tight.

Are you sure it was him? Its just that that seems a very random place to see him kicking about when he lives in Glasgow.

Jim44
01-06-2015, 07:41 AM
Rangers fans assume that they can buy who they want from the likes of Hibs because of their dominance in the past. However, times have changed and this is not a Hibernian who will go and sell their best players to their closest league rivals. I don't even think Rangers will be able to afford him. Scotty won't be at Rangers next season, it will be another season with Dean Shiels for them

There's a thread on FF discussing whether Allan will still want to go to Sevco after yesterday's result. They think he won't want to play for a Championship club. Some say that he will still want to go there but dealing with Hibs will be a stumbling block. Some saying that Sevco shouldn't pay money to clubs that 'stood against them'.

Salt N Sauzee
01-06-2015, 09:04 AM

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5471

:na na::na na::na na::na na::na na::na na::na na::na na::na na::na na:

scoopyboy
01-06-2015, 09:23 AM

There's the Fyvie one came in Greenworld mate.

Of course no one knew eh :wink:

spike220
01-06-2015, 09:27 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5471

:na na::na na::na na::na na::na na::na na::na na::na na::na na::na na:

Great news!!!!!

keep the faith
01-06-2015, 09:30 AM

You are clearly in the know........

DH1875
01-06-2015, 09:53 AM
You are clearly in the know........

Hands up, I got it wrong or more to the point, my mate got it very wrong. Good news all the same :)

jacomo
01-06-2015, 11:16 AM
Hands up, I got it wrong or more to the point, my mate got it very wrong. Good news all the same :)

You've got to deflect blame for getting things wrong at the earliest opportunity. Full credit.

JimBHibees
01-06-2015, 12:18 PM
Nothing at all mate.

Spoke to Liam around that time at a Hibs net visit to EM and that is word for word what he said. Seemed a really decent guy and totally down to earth. Hope he stays on.

patlowe
01-06-2015, 12:33 PM
Spoke to Liam around that time at a Hibs net visit to EM and that is word for word what he said. Seemed a really decent guy and totally down to earth. Hope he stays on.

From the way he leads on the park, and even seeing the way he engages with the rest of the squad on all the Youtube stuff, it's clear that Fontaine is exactly the type of character we want at the club. Confident, classy and committed.

Turkish Green
01-06-2015, 01:34 PM
John Viola was his agent when Allan was at Dundee United. John Viola also represents Lee McCulloch.

Make your own conclusion

SA is with Trueno Sports who handle a number of Hibs players.

HibbySpurs
01-06-2015, 01:36 PM

:agree:this....

I've had Rangers fans telling me recently they are going to spend £20M in the summer :rolleyes::faf: and that Scott Allan was a "done deal" as he "is desperate to play for the Rangers" (again, :faf:).

They are totally deluded and obviously still think with the "for every £1 Celtic spend, we'll spend £10" mentality.

They seem to forget (unsurprisingly) where that mentality got them in the first place....:rolleyes:

Mr Grieves
01-06-2015, 01:54 PM
SA is with Trueno Sports who handle a number of Hibs players.
Fair play, I assumed he was with the same agent.

The point is one agent will represent a number of players from a number of different clubs so you can't really read anything into said agent being seen somewhere.