PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: MIDFIELDER EXITS HIBERNIAN

RSS Bot
26-05-2015, 02:40 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5463)

The Gorf
26-05-2015, 02:43 PM
Wish you well Liam.

Ozyhibby
26-05-2015, 02:46 PM
Happy with that and wish him well.

SteveHFC
26-05-2015, 02:46 PM
Celebrations gifs galore. :greengrin

Being serious good luck to him. He's done well in the last few games for us this season. :aok:

Geo_1875
26-05-2015, 02:49 PM
He took some stick last season but he was far from the worst player in the team. Much improved this season but still fell short.

Good luck to him wherever he ends up.

bigwheel
26-05-2015, 02:49 PM
Didn't work out for Liam - I wish him nothing but success going forward. he could have taken the easy way out and moved on at the end of last season - but he stayed and tried to help fix it...Good pro - and good luck!

Big_Franck
26-05-2015, 02:50 PM
Thanks for your efforts and professionalism Liam. Wish you all the best for the rest of your career, apart from when you play us obviously!

Golden Bear
26-05-2015, 02:53 PM
Thanks for your contribution Liam and all the best in your future career wherever that may be.

:thumbsup:

Super Leigh
26-05-2015, 02:55 PM
Probably didn't want to sign a 1 year deal because he thought he would be dumped after the season should we be promoted.

It's ironic because he'll sign go and sign for a Premiership team now.

Salt N Sauzee
26-05-2015, 02:56 PM
Probably didn't want to sign a 1 year deal because he thought he would be dumped after the season should we be promoted.

And probably win the Scottish Cup with them too...

Stevie Reid
26-05-2015, 02:57 PM
Was delighted when he signed and he never got anywhere close to the expectations that I had, but at the same time he didn't deserve anything like the horrible, vitriolic comments that were aimed at him (even after performances that were fine).

Good luck and all the best, Liam.

MichelleHibs
26-05-2015, 03:07 PM
This time last year I would have been delighted! However the true professional that he is shone through this season and he's been a valuable part of this team. I would like to wish him all the best for the future.

Billy Whizz
26-05-2015, 03:10 PM
Good luck Liam

Hannah_hfc
26-05-2015, 03:20 PM
Wish him all the best, despite the stick he often got, always remained professional. Good luck Liam!

buktapurple79
26-05-2015, 03:22 PM
All the best Liam classy press release and words from Alan

jacomo
26-05-2015, 03:24 PM

He's not an automatic first team choice for us, our offer probably reflected that and he probably feels he wants to play every week. If he manages that elsewhere then good luck to him.

Yet another good top level Scottish footballer who didn't quite do it at Hibs, but I feel confident that our management team know what they are doing.

Onion
26-05-2015, 03:41 PM
Decent player but, like many others before him, didn't show it enough at Hibs. Will probably go on to do a great job somewhere else.

emerald green
26-05-2015, 06:21 PM
Had the misfortune to have to play under Butcher & Malpas.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Liam Craig is playing in a higher league next season, possibly with Aberdeen.

Eyrie
26-05-2015, 07:15 PM
Craig was another victim of Butcher but he recovered this season, so I'll wish him well.

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-05-2015, 07:47 PM
All the best Liam. A very good midfielder pre Hibs but it's just not quite worked out for one reason or another(mainly Butcher). His work rate and attitude have been spot on at all times

Wotherspiniesta
26-05-2015, 08:08 PM
Right decision.

In general, he's usually a few yards off the pace, hits a lot of shots off target and constantly nipping at the referees.

Not good enough, IMO.

HappyHibby93
26-05-2015, 08:15 PM
Fair play to Liam, always represented the club well, no doubt he'll find a good club a do very well. The winner against the Jambos won't be forgotten. :agree:

Sir David Gray
26-05-2015, 08:57 PM
I wish him all the best for the future.

I fully expect him to do well at his new club as he's a good player.

portyhibernian
26-05-2015, 08:59 PM
Good luck to him, probably best for both parties.

Mr White
27-05-2015, 06:19 AM
I don't think he ever really got to grips with being captain on the pitch, it seemed to affect his game. Off field however he always seemed an impeccable ambassador for Hibs. I met him at a hibs kids event and he was outstanding with my son and the other kids. My boy is gutted he's leaving as Liam was one of the first players he was able to name on the pitch after meeting him. Good luck Liam Craig.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-05-2015, 07:51 AM
Am I the only one who views the headline as a little disrespectful?

For good or bad he was our club captain. If we want former players to respect the club it works both ways and Craig has been to my knowledge respectful of the club before, during and after his stint here.

s.a.m
27-05-2015, 07:58 AM

For good or bad he was our club captain. If we want former players to respect the club it works both ways and Craig has been to my knowledge respectful of the club before, during and after his stint here.

I kind of thought that too. It's not a huge deal, but the title is a bit anonymous / dismissive. I'm sure that's not what was intended, because the situation seems amicable and respectful, but when I saw the title, I assumed it was a low-profile or youth player.

dangermouse
27-05-2015, 09:23 AM
I'd have been happy enough if he stayed. My only criticism of him is he should put in as much energy and passion playing football as he does arguing with referees.

West Upper
27-05-2015, 11:07 AM
He started well under Fenlon but has never looked the same player since, Good Luck to him

Lago
27-05-2015, 11:10 AM

Totally agree.

WeeRussell
27-05-2015, 11:33 AM
Totally agree.

That entered my mind too - although technically, I guess David Gray was club captain when they released this :confused:

Sorry to see Liam go, never got anything close to the support he deserved from a lot of our fans and wish him all the best. I fancy he'll be playing in the league above us come August.