PDA

View Full Version : Steven Whittaker

jacomo
26-05-2015, 02:03 PM
Well done to an ex-Hibs player for getting promoted back to the EPL. Not sure of his contract situation at Norwich but hope he gets another crack at the big league.

Also congrats to the other Steven at Sunderland for avoiding the drop. Fletcher's not scored many goals this season but he's an effective foil for other strikers, Advocaat seemed to rate him.

liamh2202
26-05-2015, 02:10 PM
Well done to an ex-Hibs player for getting promoted back to the EPL. Not sure of his contract situation at Norwich but hope he gets another crack at the big league.

Also congrats to the other Steven at Sunderland for avoiding the drop. Fletcher's not scored many goals this season but he's an effective foil for other strikers, Advocaat seemed to rate him.

Two guys I'd love to see back at ER some day

kaimendhibs
26-05-2015, 02:22 PM
Two guys I'd love to see back at ER some day

Every chance. Playing for The Rangers or Septic😢

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-05-2015, 02:24 PM
Still speak to Whitty. Seems to be loving things under Alex Neil. Glad he'll get another pop in the EPL. He'd like to finish his career here. Guess it depends on a number of factors though, which league were in, finances, Gray situation, young guys coming through at the time etc. Chuffed for him though. Norwich have been great to watch since Neil took over

carnoustiehibee
26-05-2015, 02:49 PM
Sam Matterface said on talksport commentary that Whittaker will take encouragement going into this playoff game after seeing old club Rangers beat Hibs up in Scotland

LancsHibs
26-05-2015, 03:09 PM
Sam Splatterface if I see him. Total bellend.

PS well done Whitty!

MWHIBBIES
26-05-2015, 03:30 PM
Sam Matterface said on talksport commentary that Whittaker will take encouragement going into this playoff game after seeing old club Rangers beat Hibs up in ScotlandEven if he didn't play for us that is just an incredibly stupid thing to say, what an absolute bellend.

Diclonius
26-05-2015, 03:39 PM
Sam Matterface said on talksport commentary that Whittaker will take encouragement going into this playoff game after seeing old club Rangers beat Hibs up in Scotland

Remember, on TalkSport nothing exists in Scotland outside the OF.

As far as they're concerned, Whittaker went from oblivion to suddenly starting his footballing career at Rangers at the age of 23.

cam75
26-05-2015, 05:48 PM
Still speak to Whitty. Seems to be loving things under Alex Neil. Glad he'll get another pop in the EPL. He'd like to finish his career here. Guess it depends on a number of factors though, which league were in, finances, Gray situation, young guys coming through at the time etc. Chuffed for him though. Norwich have been great to watch since Neil took over

Hope so and believe Scott Brown wants to did the same?
ggtth

LancsHibs
26-05-2015, 08:28 PM
Remember, on TalkSport nothing exists in Scotland outside the OF.

As far as they're concerned, Whittaker went from oblivion to suddenly starting his footballing career at Rangers at the age of 23.

Correct, don't often listen to Talksport but last week heard one of the presenters, don't who he was, spouting tripe, he was saying that Hibs and Motherwell should roll over for Rangers for the good of Scottish football!! Tried to phone the show but couldn't get through.:fuming:

silverhibee
28-05-2015, 02:18 PM
Every chance. Playing for The Rangers or Septic

Looks like the new team is his prefer'd choice..

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steven-whittaker-surreal-left-rangers-5772452

Spike Mandela
28-05-2015, 02:25 PM
Whitty has arguably had the best career out of the golden generation we had at the time.

HoboHarry
28-05-2015, 02:28 PM
Whitty has arguably had the best career out of the golden generation we had at the time.
Better than Scott Brown and Steven Fletcher? Have to disagree with you on that one.....

silverhibee
28-05-2015, 02:39 PM

I would disagree and say it has been Scott Brown.

marinello59
28-05-2015, 02:42 PM

Fletcher for me.

Spike Mandela
28-05-2015, 02:46 PM
I would disagree and say it has been Scott Brown.

Perhaps. Won all major honours in Scotland with Rangers and Hibs and regular for Scotland as has Brown been but has played in English Premier League and a Uefa cup final was my thinking.

liamh2202
28-05-2015, 02:49 PM
I think it's a fair shout although Fletcher is younger and I think will in the end achieve more

portyhibernian
28-05-2015, 02:58 PM
Fletcher's career seems to have been plagued with injuries, and while he's probably earned more money than any of the others I'd say in terms of what they've achieved on the park Brown has had the more successful career. If he'd gone to England instead of stating at Celtic I reckon he'd be playing for a better side than Sunderland.

The Harp
28-05-2015, 03:11 PM
Always liked Whittaker when he was at ER and thought he seemed pretty much under-rated at Hibs. Looked like he played quite an influential role in the Middlesbro' playoff game.
However, having read his "Rangers deserve to be in the Premiership ... " it looks like he bought into the Ibrox propaganda thing, and it's stayed with him. Would be good to see his manager do well in the Premier though, whether SW features in his plans or not.

TheFamous1875
28-05-2015, 06:34 PM
Fletcher's career seems to have been plagued with injuries, and while he's probably earned more money than any of the others I'd say in terms of what they've achieved on the park Brown has had the more successful career. If he'd gone to England instead of stating at Celtic I reckon he'd be playing for a better side than Sunderland.

I reckon Sott Brown would've been a regular for Liverpool or thereabouts for a number of years by this point if he'd live up to his potential. Probably be their new captain!

B.H.F.C
28-05-2015, 09:30 PM
Better than Scott Brown and Steven Fletcher? Have to disagree with you on that one.....

Better than Fletcher. Won medals and played in a European final at the Huns.

One relegation to Fletchers two!

DTS
29-05-2015, 01:33 AM
Better than Fletcher. Won medals and played in a European final at the Huns.

One relegation to Fletchers two!

Fletcher got snapped up by other prem clubs when they delegations happened tbf to him

Pete
29-05-2015, 02:28 AM
I used to look at that team and say that Brown and Thomson were the future for Scotland. It's a shame that Thomson suffered from injuries as he did because we'll never really know what might have been.

Dean Sheils has proved that the road can be a rocky one. Rising star at hibs, Ok at Doncaster, given a chance to shine at killie and becoming a highly saught after, mature player. Problem was he followed his heart and signed for his boyhood team for money even though they were a pub team. Players come of age at different times and the crossroads was when he was at Killie. Twenty years from now he'll be interviewed and asked about that choice and he'll probably lie and say he has no regrets.

jacomo
29-05-2015, 11:03 AM
I used to look at that team and say that Brown and Thomson were the future for Scotland. It's a shame that Thomson suffered from injuries as he did because we'll never really know what might have been.

Dean Sheils has proved that the road can be a rocky one. Rising star at hibs, Ok at Doncaster, given a chance to shine at killie and becoming a highly saught after, mature player. Problem was he followed his heart and signed for his boyhood team for money even though they were a pub team. Players come of age at different times and the crossroads was when he was at Killie. Twenty years from now he'll be interviewed and asked about that choice and he'll probably lie and say he has no regrets.

I bet Dean Shiels has no regrets. Der Hun was a lucrative move for him no doubt.

NadeAteMyLunch!
29-05-2015, 11:06 AM
Lee Wallace is the worst. He had the chance to move down south like Whitty and Naismith but decided to stay at Rangers. Simply awful decision and an absolute career wrecker

KeithTheHibby
29-05-2015, 09:46 PM
I see your Lee Wallace and raise you David Templeton. Total waste of a career.

snooky
29-05-2015, 10:04 PM
Always liked Whittaker when he was at ER and thought he seemed pretty much under-rated at Hibs. Looked like he played quite an influential role in the Middlesbro' playoff game.
However, having read his "Rangers deserve to be in the Premiership ... " it looks like he bought into the Ibrox propaganda thing, and it's stayed with him. Would be good to see his manager do well in the Premier though, whether SW features in his plans or not.

I always thought SW was poor at defending (I've said so many times in the past) however, I did like him going forward.
Don't know if his defensive attributes have improved since moving south. I hope so.
Guid laddie. I wish him all the best.