PDA

View Full Version : tv

hibbyboy1
26-05-2015, 09:56 AM
if rangers get promoted what sort of tv coverage will the championship have next season if any

liamh2202
26-05-2015, 09:57 AM
if rangers get promoted what sort of tv coverage will the championship have next season if any

Hopefully none apart from away games where our tickets are limited

nellio
26-05-2015, 10:21 AM
Not a lot I would imagine. Dont know what the deal is witt BT as they have shown a fair few championship games this year.

green&left
26-05-2015, 10:25 AM
None hopefully.

Outwith playing the huns and hertz I think our only other televised league match was Livingston 17.30 on BBC Alba.

O'Rourke3
26-05-2015, 10:26 AM
Appart from bt or sky the feed looks as though it's ours. With no category of hun in the league no open all mics either so no buscuits either - there's always a silver lining if you look hard

Keith_M
26-05-2015, 10:26 AM
Hopefully a lot less coverage, therefore

1) Majority of games on Saturday at 3pm

2) Games not moved at the last minute (thereby ruining some people's plans to attend)

3) No option of just sitting in the Pub instead of actually going.

SlickShoes
26-05-2015, 10:35 AM
Wasn't the deal negotiated with BT for two years? Would be daft for the league to just sell rights for a year when they can tack on extra years knowing the TV folk really want that first year so will commit to more.

CallumLaidlaw
26-05-2015, 10:40 AM
We had 2 Livingston games on tv, outwith Hearts/Rangers.

BT may show us v Motherwell/St Mirren at a push. Alba may show a couple of games v Falkirk/QoS.

davhibby
26-05-2015, 10:44 AM
Alba still have the rights to show quite a few games and I'd guess we'll feature more in them this year

DH1875
26-05-2015, 11:34 AM
Alba still have the rights to show quite a few games and I'd guess we'll feature more in them this year

Indeed, with no rangers or hearts in the league we will feature in a lot of their game IMO.
Is the BT deal not just scottish football in general in that they can pick whatever fixture they want each week from any of the divisions? They picked some games from the first division because it was us, hearts and rangers playing each other. Doubt they'll be picking anymore next season. Come to think of it, did BT show any of our games that weren't against rangers or hearts? I can't remember.

Billy Whizz
26-05-2015, 12:36 PM

Do they? Thought the BBC deal was coming to an end?

CallumLaidlaw
26-05-2015, 12:56 PM
Do they? Thought the BBC deal was coming to an end?

In the Alloa chairmans recent comments about BBC, he mentioned this -

‘There is one more season left on our current deal with the BBC and we’re determined that any new deal far better reflects the importance of the game in Scotland and the hundreds of millions the corporation receives from Scottish licence fee payers every year.’

Diclonius
26-05-2015, 12:59 PM
Hibs v Motherwell?

..:dunno:

Billy Whizz
26-05-2015, 01:02 PM
In the Alloa chairmans recent comments about BBC, he mentioned this -

Looks like we'll be on Alba a few times then. Think both the Livvi away games and the Rangers petrofac cup, were the only games we were on Alba this season, unless someone can remember the others?

CallumLaidlaw
26-05-2015, 01:43 PM
Looks like we'll be on Alba a few times then. Think both the Livvi away games and the Rangers petrofac cup, were the only games we were on Alba this season, unless someone can remember the others?

I can only find 15 Alba games, not including cup games. Here's how they break down for this season

Hearts – 3
Livingston – 3
Raith – 4
QoS – 2
Hibs – 2
Falkirk – 4
Dumbarton – 1
Morton – 2
Dunfermline – 1
Alloa – 3
Airdrie – 1
Forfar – 1