PDA

View Full Version : Liam Craig Leaving. Daily Record Exclusive

muthillhibee
25-05-2015, 11:07 PM
According to tomorrow's Daily Record, Liam Craig has been told he will not be offered a new deal at Hibs

hibees 7062
25-05-2015, 11:11 PM
According to tomorrow's Daily Record, Liam Craig has been told he will not be offered a new deal at Hibs

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/11329815_10153295413108890_7529285104711276228_n.j pg?oh=62b60bf5f1e3ed095ec597b83789f462&oe=55FB53BD

GlasgowHibee
25-05-2015, 11:13 PM
Unsure if that's good or not. Thought Liam is/was a solid player for us, always gives utmost, albeit it sometimes it's not good enough.

S4uzee
25-05-2015, 11:14 PM

After last season I wanted him to leave but he's shown a great attitude this season and I wish him all the best

Sir David Gray
25-05-2015, 11:15 PM
Not really surprised by that.

MWHIBBIES
25-05-2015, 11:16 PM
Shame, would have kept him 100%. Best of luck Liam, will never forget the penalty in the new year derby.

Heisenberg
25-05-2015, 11:18 PM
He hasn't been very good for us. Not a surprise that he's away.

muthillhibee
25-05-2015, 11:18 PM
They kind of contradict themselves in the article. Headline says Craig quits and article says he won't be offered a new contract

Hibeesmad
25-05-2015, 11:23 PM
Great decision by the club, wouldn't surprise me if he is one of our highest earners and that salary could be added to keeping the likes of Liam Fontaine

Vault Boy
25-05-2015, 11:23 PM
Thanks for your efforts Liam. Good luck in the future, he could well find an SPL club more than willing to snap him up. :aok:

madhatter
25-05-2015, 11:27 PM
If true, I wish him all the best. Came across as great captain off the field. Pretty poor one on the field.

Always tried his hardest and didn't hit out at club or fans when he got abuse, he also took a lot of pressure of other players as he was scapegoat. He deserves respect and best wishes for that. It takes some class to act in the way he did.

As I said, if it is true, all the best Liam.

Sir David Gray
25-05-2015, 11:27 PM
For anyone who is mocking Liam Craig, I'm willing to bet that he'll be playing at a higher level than Hibs will be next season.

A club in the Premiership will sign him.

hibees 7062
25-05-2015, 11:30 PM
For anyone who is mocking Liam Craig, I'm willing to bet that he'll be playing at a higher level than Hibs will be next season.

Saints or Dundee :wink:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-05-2015, 11:34 PM
All the best LC. Some of the abuse you have suffered from a minority of fans, last year in particular has been horrendous.

That said, I wish you nothing but the best and I hope you get yourself a good club ASAP. Good leader and good professional. All the best Liam, and thanks for your efforts.

Hibeesmad
25-05-2015, 11:36 PM

Because the majority of footballers in Scottish football are not very good standard compared to other countries

cabbageandribs1875
25-05-2015, 11:39 PM
good luck to the man, according to that article a deal was on the table...then withdrawn after our failure to get through the play-offs...i can only imagine others are in the same boat

jacomo
25-05-2015, 11:44 PM
good luck to the man, according to that article a deal was on the table...then withdrawn after our failure to get through the play-offs...i can only imagine others are in the same boat

That wouldn't be a surprise either.

All the best to LC if he is away.

HibsNutter
25-05-2015, 11:46 PM
Guaranteed to come back and score against us, like he always used to. All the best, always tried and clearly really wanted to do well for us, it's just a shame he was pretty poor tbh.

J-C
25-05-2015, 11:50 PM
Not too unhappy with this, we need better and although he didn't play to his full potential he did at least try this season.

GreenOnions
25-05-2015, 11:51 PM
I have no inside track so just my opinion but I'm reckoning this is just about prioritising players/positions. Unless he's absolutely central to Stubbs' plans, I reckon any player on a medium to high wage whose contract is expiring will not be offered a new deal. That gives Stubbs maximum flexibility in offering attractive terms to his priority targets.

FWIW - I think Liam is a good player but it's probably the right decision to let him move on. He's been at Hibs during a particularly turbulent time and I don't really think his best position is one that any of our managers really used as part of the various systems that have been deployed. I think he's always done his best for us and was committed to our cause so I wish him good luck.

monktonharp
25-05-2015, 11:54 PM

A club in the Premiership will sign him.for anyone wishing a retention of Liam Craig, I refer to my post last season as to ,him being one of the main reasons for us being relegated. he was appointed captain, actedf like a spoiled child at times and managed to get himself booke lots of times for moaning and girning to the referees on numerous occasions without actually getting a grip of the situation we were in, and rallying the troops around him. he failed miserably as a team captain, and as a club captain. some will say, this position is only a figurehead, I say different.

monktonharp
25-05-2015, 11:55 PM
Not too unhappy with this, we need better and although he didn't play to his full potential he did at least try this season.at least trying, is not the same as trying his guts out, as a captain.

monktonharp
26-05-2015, 12:00 AM
Guaranteed to come back and score against us, like he always used to. All the best, always tried and clearly really wanted to do well for us, it's just a shame he was pretty poor tbh.poor players have left us in the past, and scored against us. don't understand this sort of love in, with players that consistently underperform with us, leave, then suddenly we regret it if they score against us. he has been poor overall.

My_Wife_Camille
26-05-2015, 12:04 AM
poor players have left us in the past, and scored against us. don't understand this sort of love in, with players that consistently underperform with us, leave, then suddenly we regret it if they score against us. he has been poor overall.
:agree: From the Malmo humiliation to relegation and then failing to go back up. Liam Craig's time at Hibernian will always be synonymous with failure. Won't be missed.

monktonharp
26-05-2015, 12:15 AM
:agree: From the Malmo humiliation to relegation and then failing to go back up. Liam Craig's time at Hibernian will always be synonymous with failure. Won't be missed.:agree:his home performance against Hamilton was the one that did it, for me

heretoday
26-05-2015, 04:11 AM
:agree: From the Malmo humiliation to relegation and then failing to go back up. Liam Craig's time at Hibernian will always be synonymous with failure. Won't be missed.

Correct.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-05-2015, 04:44 AM
Another career Butchered

SanFranHibs
26-05-2015, 04:51 AM

Seems strange that a deal was on the table. If it had been I am sure it would have been signed. I doubt Craig was told a deal was on the table IF we gained promotion and would be withdrawn if we did not. Unless I just don't understand what 'on the table' means with respects to a deal.

Good luck to him.

lucky
26-05-2015, 05:15 AM
Another career Butchered

Agree 100%. He is nowhere near as bad a player as some made out. I also thought when we went off on Saturday we lost our shape. He's a decent SPLF premiership player who became the easy target for the Hibs boo boys

AlbertK86
26-05-2015, 05:16 AM
Seems strange that a deal was on the table. If it had been I am sure it would have been signed. I doubt Craig was told a deal was on the table IF we gained promotion and would be withdrawn if we did not. Unless I just don't understand what 'on the table' means with respects to a deal. Good luck to him.

Maybe there was an offer but cause we didn't get up Liam wants another crack in the top league and was told we wouldn't stand in his way

we are hibs
26-05-2015, 06:22 AM
goodbye

Big_Franck
26-05-2015, 06:22 AM
Best of luck to him if he goes. Along with many, many others he was poor last season and contributed to our relegation with some minging performances.

I've got a lot more respect for him now though. Last summer he could easily have requested a move as he had been made the scapegoat by our support. I don't think the club would have stood in his way. He showed a great deal of character and a desire to do well for our club by staying and by putting in a lot of good performances. I think this season he was decent overall and he could not be accused of giving less than 100%.

Good luck wherever you end up Liam :aok:

3pm
26-05-2015, 06:27 AM
Right place, wrong time. It is the correct decision though.

Pete
26-05-2015, 06:32 AM
Good luck Liam and no hard feelings here.

Hang on...since when did we take what the Daily Record says as gospel?

Spike Mandela
26-05-2015, 06:38 AM
Good luck Liam and no hard feelings here.

Hang on...since when did we take what the Daily Record says as gospel?

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.:cb

CRAZYHIBBY
26-05-2015, 06:41 AM
Good move

bingo70
26-05-2015, 06:45 AM
Nothing against Liam Craig, I think he's shown a good attitude since joining us and I don't think he's that bad a player. That said though, I think he was signed as a goal scoring midfielder but that's never really worked out.

Not necessarily his fault as we seemed to have tried to mould him into a different type of player. Hopefully Stubbs replaces him with someone that chips in with more goals or is a more natural defensive midfielder.

squire
26-05-2015, 06:53 AM
He'll probably win the Scottish Cup next season with whatever Premiership club he signs for.

HappyHanlon
26-05-2015, 06:59 AM
Surprised he remained after relegation. I would have ripped up his contract similar to McGivern.

A couple of good performances this season doesn't cut it for me. Especially given the opposition.

He'll end up at Kilmarnock.

allezsauzee
26-05-2015, 07:48 AM
Ahh yet another player "not nearly good enough for Hibs" who will walk into a team playing at a higher level. If it's true good luck Liam

greenlex
26-05-2015, 07:52 AM
Due cent player but won't miss his constant and continual whining at refs.

lord bunberry
26-05-2015, 07:55 AM
I think it's the right decision to let him go. He's never lived up to expectations and would probably benefit from a change of scenery.

Waxy
26-05-2015, 08:06 AM
I can see him going back to St Johnstone or them.

The_Horde
26-05-2015, 08:07 AM

Deary, deary me.

Can't you just thank the guy for trying his best and wish him well?

Diclonius
26-05-2015, 08:13 AM
Did himself proud this season but on the wages he's on and what was expected of him he never quite made it.

All the best Liam. Cheers for the goal against Rangers.

Golden Bear
26-05-2015, 08:14 AM

:agree:

He'll be the new John Rankin, who, according to some of our resident experts was simply not good enough for Hibs.

AndyM_1875
26-05-2015, 08:15 AM
Surprised he remained after relegation. I would have ripped up his contract similar to McGivern.

A couple of good performances this season doesn't cut it for me. Especially given the opposition.

He'll end up at Kilmarnock.

Good luck to Liam Craig, assuming the story is true.

Just a point - McGivern's contract wasn't ripped up.
We got a modest fee from Port Vale for him.

We actually got money for him.:faf:

Fergos
26-05-2015, 08:23 AM
Good luck to LC, if indeed this is true and thank you four your commitment.

GGTTH

Bostonhibby
26-05-2015, 08:30 AM

:agree: He was a very good player before he joined us and I was happy we got him - never quite worked out here - probably the Butcher effect initially.

Have a horrible feeling we might see the best of him away from Hibs and as you say, at a higher level. Good luck to him.

Stevie Reid
26-05-2015, 08:31 AM
If true he'll get an SPL team no bother, IMO. Good luck to him.

Nutmegged
26-05-2015, 08:36 AM
He'll go back to St Johnstone or a Ross County and have a very good Season, think theres a very decent player in there but I doubt he'd have ever lived up to our expectations of him which was probably unfair

Alfred E Newman
26-05-2015, 08:40 AM
I don't think he will be any great loss as we have more than enough defensive midfielders but I have to say he has been an exemplary club captain and has continued to carry out his club duties in an enthusiastic and dignified manner even though it could not have been easy for him sitting on the sidelines for so long. I too wish him well in the future.

SlickShoes
26-05-2015, 08:40 AM
I thought he was a good signing at the time, his first season was horrific, he played in the worst hibs team I ever seen.

This season he played quite well sometimes, half the season though he spent unable to get back in to the team despite being captain.

I think that speaks volumes about how well he has performed.

Seems like a really good guy though so wish him the best of luck, don't care if he goes on to a "better" team or scores against us one day, he's no longer a hibs player so I have no interest in what he does.

snooky
26-05-2015, 08:46 AM
Good luck to Liam Craig, assuming the story is true.

Just a point - McGivern's contract wasn't ripped up.
We got a modest fee from Port Vale for him.

We actually got money for him.:faf:

Blobbyantics R Us :greengrin

Billychaotic182
26-05-2015, 08:54 AM
Good luck to him. Was never going to work out for him after last years disaster.

Ozyhibby
26-05-2015, 08:57 AM
Good decision.
He will get a deal at a higher level because there are so many tiny clubs above is these days. He's still not been good enough for Hibs.

Vini1875
26-05-2015, 09:01 AM
No hard feelings towards Liam at all, but Alan Stubbs needs to be ruthless and after a year in the Championship he must surely know what is required. Liam may have been good for other players especially off the park but he did not do enough on the pitch for Hibs. It would not surprise me to see him play better in the SPFL next season.

Golden Bear
26-05-2015, 09:05 AM
Good decision.
He will get a deal at a higher level because there are so many tiny clubs above is these days. He's still not been good enough for Hibs.

Unfortunately these "tiny clubs" are better football teams than us so it would be career progression should Liam end up with one of them.

Let's not have any illusions of grandeur, we are where we are because of a variety of reasons.

GreenCastle
26-05-2015, 09:12 AM
Agree last season he was poor - but who wasn't with that clown Butcher in charge.

This season he has looked more confident and better players around him played better.

He finished the season strong - I could imagine wanting to get Hibs promoted (so he could stay) or a chance for any new clubs to see what he was about.

Reminds me a bit of John Rankin - we didn't always think he was doing loads - chipped in with occasional goal but plays regularly for an SPFL team.

Craig kept the ball well at times - didn't give it away often but just sometimes too much sideways and back when we needed more risk. When he did go forward with his passing he did set up a few good goals.

All the best anyway!

scoopyboy
26-05-2015, 09:20 AM
Seems strange that a deal was on the table. If it had been I am sure it would have been signed. I doubt Craig was told a deal was on the table IF we gained promotion and would be withdrawn if we did not. Unless I just don't understand what 'on the table' means with respects to a deal.

Good luck to him.

My understanding is a deal was on the table, he didn't sign it, Hibs grew impatient and it was withdrawn. That is the way for me that Hibs should be heading, only offer for so long and if not signed then withdraw it after agreed set period of time.

All that happens if you don't withdraw the offer is the player tries to get himself a better deal elsewhere and only signs our deal as a last resort, ie he doesn't really want to play for you.

I don't hate Liam Craig but am happy for him to move on with my best wishes. As a captain I thought he was poor and I never once saw him gee players up, especially when we had just lost a goal. David Gray or Liam Fontaine would be streets ahead of him as captain.

matty_f
26-05-2015, 09:33 AM
My understanding is a deal was on the table, he didn't sign it, Hibs grew impatient and it was withdrawn. That is the way for me that Hibs should be heading, only offer for so long and if not signed then withdraw it after agreed set period of time.

All that happens if you don't withdraw the offer is the player tries to get himself a better deal elsewhere and only signs our deal as a last resort, ie he doesn't really want to play for you.

I don't hate Liam Craig but am happy for him to move on with my best wishes. As a captain I thought he was poor and I never once saw him gee players up, especially when we had just lost a goal. David Gray or Liam Fontaine would be streets ahead of him as captain.

I actually thought Craig was a good captain, in that he certainly seemed to represent the club very well - especially off the pitch.

I agree with you that both Gray and Fontaine seem more natural choices for the captaincy, and I 100% agree with your point about not waiting for players to shop around before taking us as a last resort. That's exactly how it should be.

erin go bragh
26-05-2015, 09:34 AM
Trying to think of a poorer captain for us ?
He should have been forced to go to St Johnstone last season imo . Still wish him all the best .

GGTTH

greenlex
26-05-2015, 09:35 AM

I would hope Liam's wage would just be given straight to Fyvie with a bit more just for good measure.

J-C
26-05-2015, 09:51 AM
So he was offered 1 yr and he wanted 2, tough.

He was a bit part player last season and as a club captain his name should be 1st on the team sheet which it wasn't and any contract offer would show that.

scoopyboy
26-05-2015, 09:52 AM
I actually thought Craig was a good captain, in that he certainly seemed to represent the club very well - especially off the pitch.

I agree with you that both Gray and Fontaine seem more natural choices for the captaincy, and I 100% agree with your point about not waiting for players to shop around before taking us as a last resort. That's exactly how it should be.

He was excellent off the pitch Matty, no two ways about that.

I however want my captain to show he is a captain on the pitch.

scoopyboy
26-05-2015, 09:52 AM
I would hope Liam's wage would just be given straight to Fyvie with a bit more just for good measure.

Me too.

matty_f
26-05-2015, 09:53 AM
He was excellent off the pitch Matty, no two ways about that.

I however want my captain to show he is a captain on the pitch.

Can't argue with that mate. :aok:

jacomo
26-05-2015, 09:54 AM
:agree: He was a very good player before he joined us and I was happy we got him - never quite worked out here - probably the Butcher effect initially.

Have a horrible feeling we might see the best of him away from Hibs and as you say, at a higher level. Good luck to him.

He was scoring regularly from wide left when he first came in under Pat, remember. Butcher's decision to make him a holding midfielder under instructions to hit it long all the time was a joke.

Brooster
26-05-2015, 10:00 AM

I would bet my mortgage on it.

patlowe
26-05-2015, 10:04 AM
Have tons of respect for the guy but this is the right move for all involved IMO, particularly when you consider that he will be one of our highest earners.

It's a weird thing at Hibs - so many relatively decent players like Craig that just can't quite meet our (pretty reasonable) expectation levels having excelled at smaller, but often more successful, clubs. It's a funny old game.

Danderhall Hibs
26-05-2015, 10:12 AM
Trying to think of a poorer captain for us ?
He should have been forced to go to St Johnstone last season imo . Still wish him all the best .

GGTTH

We've not had a proper captain for years so it's hard to judge.

Do we have any word on who next season'a scapegoat is yet? Hope it's announced soon.

matty_f
26-05-2015, 10:13 AM
We've not had a proper captain for years so it's hard to judge.

Rob Jones was the last one that I can remember really being a good captain.

Danderhall Hibs
26-05-2015, 10:14 AM
Rob Jones was the last one that I can remember really being a good captain.

I agree. In fact he's the last captain that I remember which maybe tells a story?

brog
26-05-2015, 10:14 AM
I have no inside track so just my opinion but I'm reckoning this is just about prioritising players/positions. Unless he's absolutely central to Stubbs' plans, I reckon any player on a medium to high wage whose contract is expiring will not be offered a new deal. That gives Stubbs maximum flexibility in offering attractive terms to his priority targets.

FWIW - I think Liam is a good player but it's probably the right decision to let him move on. He's been at Hibs during a particularly turbulent time and I don't really think his best position is one that any of our managers really used as part of the various systems that have been deployed. I think he's always done his best for us and was committed to our cause so I wish him good luck.

I think that's pretty much a perfect summary. Good luck Liam & thanks!

Bronson
26-05-2015, 10:20 AM
He came onto a bit of a game the last few weeks but ultimately not good enough.

That volley v The Rangers won't be forgotten any time soon though:aok:

jdships
26-05-2015, 10:27 AM

Heard exactly that from a senior player last night with the addition he was offered one year and wanted a two year contract
Better to settle things early and free up a wage !!
:flag:

emerald green
26-05-2015, 11:14 AM

I think he might go to Aberdeen.

MrRobot
26-05-2015, 11:33 AM
Hopefully this means we will be looking to keep Fyvie.

Either way, all the best Liam, it's a shame it's not worked out different. Didn't deserve the abuse you received IMO.

silverhibee
Deary, deary me.

Can't you just thank the guy for trying his best and wish him well?

Did you forget to thank him yourself. FFS.

Dinkydoo
He put in far too many below average performances in the 2nd tier of Scottish football for me to be at all sad about his departure. Latterly he came onto a bit of form and would maybe have started consistently putting in performances like he did in the 4 - 0 against Rangers next season, but we're having to tighten the belt a bit and it's a risk we don't need to take.

All the best though Liam :aok:

Speedy
26-05-2015, 11:35 AM

That's the way I see it.

Good addition to the squad but too expensive for someone who isn't key.

Logie Green
26-05-2015, 11:39 AM
Good riddance, took little responsibility as a captain and was as incompetent as John Rankin.

Scotchmist
26-05-2015, 11:50 AM
He was scoring regularly from wide left when he first came in under Pat, remember. Butcher's decision to make him a holding midfielder under instructions to hit it long all the time was a joke.

Totally agree with this. Had a quick count, I think he scored 9 goals in the 1st half of that season, up until and including the infamous game at Dundee Utd when he scored 2.
Not sure what TB's pep talk was after that match but Liam Craig never scored in any of the remaining matches and Hibs only won 1 of those remaining games, before the play off.
He has been much better under Stubbs and I think LC always gives 100%.
If the DR story is correct though, it is probably a good time for him to move on anyway, and I wish him well.

3pm
26-05-2015, 11:52 AM
I would bet my mortgage on it.

Is that meant to say wouldn't?!

SunshineOnLeith
26-05-2015, 11:57 AM

That would be lovely but there's no chance of Fyvie staying. Aberdeen will probably sign him.

allezsauzee
26-05-2015, 12:00 PM
Good riddance, took little responsibility as a captain and was as incompetent as John Rankin.

The fact that John Rankin has consistently got his game for a team that's done much better than Hibs since his departure would suggest that's not too harsh a criticism :wink:

The_Horde
26-05-2015, 12:01 PM
Did you forget to thank him yourself. FFS.

I was counting on you doing it mate.

If I never see him again it'll be too soon.

Pretty Boy
26-05-2015, 12:03 PM
Best wishes to him.

Was generally good this year but after last season it was always going to be a big ask to win a lot of fans round. I don't see him struggling to find a club.

Cameron1875
26-05-2015, 12:32 PM
A footballer who played by instinct and had a football brain the size of a pea.

Goodbye.

Turkish Green
26-05-2015, 12:36 PM
He played much better this season than last, but he must be on decent money and to be honest whatever he is on it's too much.

Good luck.

silverhibee
26-05-2015, 12:37 PM
I was counting on you doing it mate.

If I never see him again it'll be too soon.

Thanks for taking your time over the offer the club offered you that has now been withdrawn Craig, best move you have made since coming to the club.

Happy now..

A bit like hide and seek, he must have played it a lot as a kid.

SanFranHibs
26-05-2015, 01:18 PM
Maybe there was an offer but cause we didn't get up Liam wants another crack in the top league and was told we wouldn't stand in his way

Mmmm, you might have something there. Maybe it was someone else's table :;

liamh2202
26-05-2015, 01:41 PM
The fact that John Rankin has consistently got his game for a team that's done much better than Hibs since his departure would suggest that's not too harsh a criticism :wink:

I agree. Some of our support think they know it all. Players like rankin suggest the opposite

Brooster
26-05-2015, 02:14 PM
Is that meant to say wouldn't?!

I would bet my morgage on Fyvie signing.

Bobby's Cinema
26-05-2015, 02:17 PM
If true, I wish him all the best. Came across as great captain off the field. Pretty poor one on the field.

Always tried his hardest and didn't hit out at club or fans when he got abuse, he also took a lot of pressure of other players as he was scapegoat. He deserves respect and best wishes for that. It takes some class to act in the way he did.

As I said, if it is true, all the best Liam.
:agree: That about sums it up. We have better and I believe we will bring in better

S4uzee
26-05-2015, 02:25 PM
Excellent news if true

offshorehibby
26-05-2015, 02:42 PM
Hibs confirm Craig away.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5463

3pm
26-05-2015, 03:47 PM

You got one?! :o)

Pete
26-05-2015, 04:14 PM
The other Liam Craig thread is hibs class.

Hibernia&Alba
26-05-2015, 04:38 PM
Hardly a huge blow, but good to luck to him.

My_Wife_Camille
26-05-2015, 04:49 PM
Thanks for taking your time over the offer the club offered you that has now been withdrawn Craig, best move you have made since coming to the club.

Happy now..

A bit like hide and seek, he must have played it a lot as a kid.
Not to mention his unique ability to completely mark himself out of a game

Kavinho
26-05-2015, 04:51 PM
Uninspiring captain.

Best of luck to him for the future

blackpoolhibs
26-05-2015, 05:04 PM
He's been in the main a poor signing, but has been better this season. I'd expect most if not all of our players to be decent in this league, so i'm not really sure it's a great thing?

I thought he'd do better at Hibs, and its a shame he didnt.

Wish him all the best in the future though, he always seemed to give his all and never hid or gave up.

Thecat23
26-05-2015, 05:10 PM
I'd like to wish him all the best. Played under poor managers IMO and Stubbs seemed to have got him playing with confidence again.

All the best Liam hope you find a club and do well.

loanheadhibby
26-05-2015, 05:43 PM
Best move all round. He should have went last summer. I've no doubt he'll prosper at another club.

now for Stevenson, Robertson and hopefully Hanlon. Again, in the best interests of all parties.

hibeemikey21
26-05-2015, 06:59 PM
Best move all round. He should have went last summer. I've no doubt he'll prosper at another club.

now for Stevenson, Robertson and hopefully Hanlon. Again, in the best interests of all parties.

I mayyyybe agree re the other two, but definitely not Hanlon. Not in a million years should he be getting released.

scoopyboy
26-05-2015, 07:05 PM

Hanlon has another year so you are going to hope for a while yet.

Pretty Boy
26-05-2015, 08:13 PM
Hanlon has another year so you are going to hope for a while yet.

And hopefully another few years after that.

I think sometimes people forget Hanlon is only 24 because he has been around the 1st team so long. We saw when he was out at the end of last season what he brings to the team.

loanheadhibby
26-05-2015, 08:32 PM
I mayyyybe agree re the other two, but definitely not Hanlon. Not in a million years should he be getting released.

Hanlon has been a mainstay in a few of worst hibs teams in generations. Cup final defeats, flirting with relegation, playing part in team that got relegated and playing in team that failed this season. Move him on and try something different.

as a club we need to stop accepting mediocrity.

My my thoughts only and same for Stevenson. Let's try and get better players.

barca.hibbie
26-05-2015, 08:39 PM
Thanks Liam not good enough IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OsloHibs
26-05-2015, 09:09 PM
All the best Liam. Wish you well :aok:

Swedish hibee
26-05-2015, 09:20 PM
Can people not just wish him well, and not write such awful hatred on here. I've seen many players treat their club worse and they don't get the abuse he has had.

Good Luck Liam :thumbsup:

weecounty hibby
26-05-2015, 09:40 PM
Can people not just wish him well, and not write such awful hatred on here. I've seen many players treat their club worse and they don't get the abuse he has had.

Good Luck Liam :thumbsup:
Agree. Best of luck to him

hibeemikey21
26-05-2015, 09:41 PM
Hanlon has been a mainstay in a few of worst hibs teams in generations. Cup final defeats, flirting with relegation, playing part in team that got relegated and playing in team that failed this season. Move him on and try something different.

as a club we need to stop accepting mediocrity.

My my thoughts only and same for Stevenson. Let's try and get better players.

That's why I agree with you on Stevenson and Robertson. I reckon they're good, but not good enough to get us where we need to be. Hanlon, on the other hand, would get into most XIs in the SPL in my opinion. I really rate the guy.

Onceinawhile
26-05-2015, 09:46 PM
Heard he was trying to scrap in the tunnel on Saturday. First time he's shown any fight.

Danderhall Hibs
26-05-2015, 09:48 PM
Heard he was trying to scrap in the tunnel on Saturday. First time he's shown any fight.

"Some people watch the game but they don't see the game."

matty_f
26-05-2015, 09:58 PM
"Some people watch the game but they don't see the game."

:tee hee:

Hibeesmad
26-05-2015, 10:04 PM
I got told about a month ago that Dundee were interested, maybe there could be something in that

Brightside
26-05-2015, 10:07 PM
That's why I agree with you on Stevenson and Robertson. I reckon they're good, but not good enough to get us where we need to be. Hanlon, on the other hand, would get into most XIs in the SPL in my opinion. I really rate the guy.

There are still a few on here who don't rate Hanlon. I'll never understand it unless they don't actually watch him play. Most managers would bite our hands off for him. Hopefully him, Liam and Jordan can stay together and win the league next season.

Bishop Hibee
26-05-2015, 10:12 PM
Best for both parties that he's moving on. I'm sure Stubbs will find better for our midfield. I'll fondly remember his strike for the 4th v Newco though. He'll find another club no problem.

silverhibee
26-05-2015, 10:27 PM

Takes hard work to do this, and he has it down to perfection. Hat of to him.

jacomo
27-05-2015, 12:16 AM

You're a classy fellow. :rolleyes:

DTS
27-05-2015, 12:37 AM
I think people forget just how good a player he was up until terry butcher came in and decided to play him as a holding midfielder, he finished last season with 9 goals when was the last time we could say that about a midfielder? This season was never going to be a success for Liam Craig as even when he played well for every person supporting him the next two were on his back the full game!

BSEJVT
27-05-2015, 06:19 AM
Given the number of utter idiots we have in our support who get far more out of abusing Hibs players, especially on internet forums, than they do supporting them, its probably better for Liam that he moves on.

Its pretty sad though that a guy who has always been a Hibs supporter and has represented the club well off the field needs to read some of the bile on a thread where people are thanking him for his efforts.

I was once told if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing.

There is a time and a place for commenting on people's perceived abilities and this sadly isn't it.

It would be nice to think that some posters could show a bit of the supposed "Hibs class", sadly not.

Ronniekirk
27-05-2015, 07:46 AM
Given the number of utter idiots we have in our support who get far more out of abusing Hibs players, especially on internet forums, than they do supporting them, its probably better for Liam that he moves on.

Its pretty sad though that a guy who has always been a Hibs supporter and has represented the club well off the field needs to read some of the bile on a thread where people are thanking him for his efforts.

I was once told if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing.

There is a time and a place for commenting on people's perceived abilities and this sadly isn't it.

It would be nice to think that some posters could show a bit of the supposed "Hibs class", sadly not.

For a variety of reasons his move to hibs didn't work out the way a lot of people expected .i think he was under pressure to score double figures and would of if Butcher hadn't come in and changed his role
Have no doubt he will find a club and perform well for them at a higher level than we will be playing in so best of luck to him