PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan - Game changer.

Heedersnvolleys
25-05-2015, 08:15 PM
Was at ER tonight as Scott Allan was doing a Q&A with about 100 kids with diabetes. It is an initiative called game changer along with the diabetic unit in the NHS to raise awareness and show that having diabetes should not be a barrier to young people to achieve what they want in life. He was fantastic answering all there questions on how he deals with his condition on match day, training, in daily life and how he coped when he was younger and at school. He was also assisted with the fitness guy and he was explaining how all the players have individual meal plans and training regimes. Have to say I was really impressed with him as well as Leanne who gave a talk to kick off the night.

Scott then must have had selfie with everyone of them and autograph.

Unfortunately none of the kids asked if he was staying!

Hibs class

Benny Brazil
25-05-2015, 08:22 PM
Great to hear - one of the things the club seems to have improved on over the last few months is being more open and available to the fans

Ozyhibby
25-05-2015, 08:40 PM
Nice to hear. The club have improved immensely with this kind of thing.
Hope he stays.

madhatter
25-05-2015, 08:58 PM
Was at ER tonight as Scott Allan was doing a Q&A with about 100 kids with diabetes. It is an initiative called game changer along with the diabetic unit in the NHS to raise awareness and show that having diabetes should not be a barrier to young people to achieve what they want in life. He was fantastic answering all there questions on how he deals with his condition on match day, training, in daily life and how he coped when he was younger and at school. He was also assisted with the fitness guy and he was explaining how all the players have individual meal plans and training regimes. Have to say I was really impressed with him as well as Leanne who gave a talk to kick off the night.

Scott then must have had selfie with everyone of them and autograph.

Unfortunately none of the kids asked if he was staying!

Hibs class

He is staying unless a bid comes in. I'd expect at least £1 million for him. Players rush away too soon in most cases that is why Allan and Fyvie struggled a bit. They should try a different route this time. There is no rush. Career seems shorter than it actually is - if you have 2-4 outstanding years at a club, you can suddenly rocket up the game of football. Look at Wes Hoolahan, Robert Snodgrass, Scott Arfield and recently Tony Andreu. By no means are these examples at Barca or Real but they have solid footings at their clubs. Wes Hoolahan is coming towards end of his career but he has still managed 7 years at Norwich. That's after taking his time and spending 4 years+ at Shelbourne and 1/2 a year at Livingston.

I'd advise these players think about the training facility, their happiness and the general vibe at a club rather than £. There is plenty time for these guys to make £ and I'd imagine they aren't on the breadline.

Most of these players will be heroes here - look at the hype over Allan who I think has been superb but I don't think he'd get such adulation at another club (they might play long ball or see him as lazy). At other clubs they are just a number.

I'd try to keep most of the squad unless they absolutely want to leave. If they are under contract but want to leave I'd expect decent amounts of £ in order to build a strong squad. All proceeds should go to sporting ambitions after all!

Most of the current squad, current staff and the club have shown class with much of what they have done this season. Great of Allan to spend so much time with the kids and signing the autographs and all that. Leeann has always come across very well. It should be club's priority to keep all individuals contributing to the positive upturn we are having (need to add to it as well because we need Championship Title next season). Positivity breeds positivity. You can guess what the opposite does. Great for kids to be getting some time with their heroes as well as these are the future Hibees and you never know there could be a gem of a player out there!