PDA

View Full Version : Referee timekeeping

JimBHibees
25-05-2015, 09:51 AM
Seemed a bit odd to me that the ref blew for time at about 4m 53 of the allotted 5 mins especially bearing in mind a goal had been scored within the injury time. Surely that should have knocked time to about 6 mins.

Also noticed that Lee Wallace won the MOM I mean seriously. Thought he did next to nothing and surely given our possessions and attacking it had to be a Hibs player prob Scott Allan.

El Gubbz
25-05-2015, 09:53 AM
Was there any injury time in the first half? Thought there should have been about 5 mins then aswell but didn't see a board go up!

JimBHibees
25-05-2015, 09:58 AM
Was there any injury time in the first half? Thought there should have been about 5 mins then aswell but didn't see a board go up!

2 mins I think. I do think at times we dont help ourselves given the numerous times Rangers players stood in front of the ball at our free kicks. There was one near the end when Miller and Murdoch stood over the ball next to the ref and Dylan was trying to play it quick. Think he should have booted it off one of them though no doubt he would have got booked. For a Hibs player to be the first booking was a joke.

Matty_Jack04
25-05-2015, 10:02 AM
Seemed a bit odd to me that the ref blew for time at about 4m 53 of the allotted 5 mins especially bearing in mind a goal had been scored within the injury time. Surely that should have knocked time to about 6 mins.

Also noticed that Lee Wallace won the MOM I mean seriously. Thought he did next to nothing and surely given our possessions and attacking it had to be a Hibs player prob Scott Allan.

We knew we'd be up against it with the refs over the 2 legs we didn't do enough in the 93 mins before unfortunately

Gatecrasher
25-05-2015, 10:08 AM
Is there any highlights about? I want to have another look at Cummings goal, it looked a bit of a peach.

I thought Wallace was Rangers best player, but that isn't saying much as I thought they defended well as a group but weren't that great overall.

O'Rourke3
25-05-2015, 10:31 AM
The delay for Malonga in the first half was almost 2 mins.... Ref should have been warning then booking the Rangers players for standing in front of free kicks, the rules say they must be 10 yds back. Time we introduced the rugby rule of a further 10yd penalty for refusing to retire....

Danderhall Hibs
25-05-2015, 11:25 AM
The commentators even made a comment on how there would be more time added to the +5 due to the goal and maybe there was enough time. So for him to blow up 7 seconds early is strange.

As for MOM it really had to go to a Rangers defender didn’t it? If Allan had got us into the game by creating something or scoring I’d see where that shout was coming from.

madhatter
25-05-2015, 11:41 AM
2 mins I think. I do think at times we dont help ourselves given the numerous times Rangers players stood in front of the ball at our free kicks. There was one near the end when Miller and Murdoch stood over the ball next to the ref and Dylan was trying to play it quick. Think he should have booted it off one of them though no doubt he would have got booked. For a Hibs player to be the first booking was a joke.

First booking to Hibs player was scandalous. Zaliukas was warned repeatedly for going through Cummings 3 times in first 15 mins. Added time is always lottery especially with the corruption here. If Rangers were trailing I can assure everyone it would have been closer to 7mins before whistle. We saw that a few weeks back did we not? We started our game after there's but our one finished a good 3 mins before there's. On record it was 6mins added but I think it was closer to 7.

And yes, I can also assure everyone that had any one of our players kicked the ball against their player deliberately blocking they'd receive at least a yellow. I could even see Miller do a Rivaldo and get our player sent off. Rangers were cheats, The The The Rangers are cheats.

What happened between Zaliukas and fans? What happened between Black and fans? How blatant was Murdoch's kicking ball away when it went out for Hibs throw in?

Football here will not change as long as it bends over for two clubs. For 3 years a lot of fans say "we need Rangers back in top league", I suppose that is correct for sponsorship and finances but if this doesn't get properly distributed what's the point? We'll be in position where Rangers are back in financial crisis and both the ugly sisters will be saying " lack of competition".

Blind leading the blind for most of this.

Kojock
25-05-2015, 11:47 AM

If thats the same incident Im thinking off there was already Hunbag player standing in front of the ball and after he moved away Miller and Murdoch stood in front of Dylan. I said to my mates that Dylan should just smash the ball into them.

hibee62
25-05-2015, 12:26 PM
Is there any highlights about? I want to have another look at Cummings goal, it looked a bit of a peach.

I thought Wallace was Rangers best player, but that isn't saying much as I thought they defended well as a group but weren't that great overall.

Found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzqPLrgck9k

He clearly blows up 6/7 seconds early with Hibs on the attack.

Gatecrasher
25-05-2015, 12:33 PM
Found this:

Thanks! just as I thought, a sweet finish from JC

JimBHibees
25-05-2015, 12:54 PM
Found this:

As can be shown there was a 30 second break between Hibs scoring and the game restarting yet he blew early. Bizarre.

The_Horde
25-05-2015, 12:56 PM
I also thought 5 minutes wasnt really enough in the first place.

Broken Gnome
25-05-2015, 01:01 PM
As can be shown there was a 30 second break between Hibs scoring and the game restarting yet he blew early. Bizarre.

Why in God's name after the kick off did we let them spend half a minute sauntering up to our box...

NadeAteMyLunch!
25-05-2015, 01:26 PM
5 minutes MINIMUM was announced. Absolute disgrace that he blew early. Irrelevant if we would have scored or not, to not be given the chance to take our throw in was shocking

Sir David Gray
25-05-2015, 03:36 PM

The commentators even made a comment on how there would be more time added to the +5 due to the goal and maybe there was enough time. So for him to blow up 7 seconds early is strange.

As for MOM it really had to go to a Rangers defender didn’t it? If Allan had got us into the game by creating something or scoring I’d see where that shout was coming from.

You're both forgetting who our opponent was on Saturday.

It wasn't odd or strange at all.

In fact, to get as much as five minutes added on in the first place was a surprise to me.

Deansy
25-05-2015, 04:57 PM

Nothing 'odd' about it - pure and blatant corruption/bias/cheating etc that's typical of our game !. In the latter half of this season, as soon as it became apparent the Hun were NOT going to catch the 'Charity Thieves', they've been they've beneficiatries of some outrageous 'Extra-Time's with some of the times being reported as much as 10-11 minutes over the official time - ALWAYS in games where they were either getting beat or drawing but NEVER when they were winning. And NONE of these games saw the whistle being blown BEFORE the extra-time was up !! And surprise-surprise - Saturday and the Hun are holding on to their one-goal advantage, we score and are going forward directly after it - ball goes out and the 'ref' (12th Hun) couldn't blow fast enough at 94:53 !. But as usual, Hibs being Hibs, we say nothing about it - we 'play the game' whilst s*um like the Hun and the 'Charity Thieves' play the fiddle and get rewarded for it !!

emerald green
25-05-2015, 06:51 PM
I think I read AS being quoted as saying the referee let them time waste all day long - not his exact words - I can't remember exactly, but it was something along these lines. AS mentioned something about not booking one of them for time wasting until about 75 minutes.

IMHO this was just yet another example of a referee in this country chickening out, and simply failing to do his job properly. Why this is the case is the $64,000 dollar question of course, and has been debated time and time again. I know what I think the reasons are for Saturday, but I'm resigned to it now.

PS: Just about every team that's come to ER this season has parked the bus and adopted the same negative, spoiling, time wasting tactics and got away with it basically. And people wonder why attendances are dropping at football matches. Look forward to more of the same next season.

Sir David Gray
25-05-2015, 07:30 PM
I think I read AS being quoted as saying the referee let them time waste all day long - not his exact words - I can't remember exactly, but it was something along these lines. AS mentioned something about not booking one of them for time wasting until about 75 minutes.

IMHO this was just yet another example of a referee in this country chickening out, and simply failing to do his job properly. Why this is the case is the $64,000 dollar question of course, and has been debated time and time again. I know what I think the reasons are for Saturday, but I'm resigned to it now.

PS: Just about every team that's come to ER this season has parked the bus and adopted the same negative, spoiling, time wasting tactics and got away with it basically. And people wonder why attendances are dropping at football matches. Look forward to more of the same next season.

:agree: At least this season, Hearts were a little bit more offensive against us and Sevco occasionally attacked us as well.

Next season, assuming Sevco go up, pretty much every team that visits Easter Road will play with ten men behind the ball and just play to spoil the game and disrupt us at every opportunity.

We need to be ready for that inevitable tactic and try to come up with a plan to counteract it. It probably won't be pretty at times but as the club which will be the overwhelming favourites for the title and (hopefully) the best team in the league, we need to find a way to win.

emerald green
25-05-2015, 07:47 PM
:agree: At least this season, Hearts were a little bit more offensive against us and Sevco occasionally attacked us as well.

Next season, assuming Sevco go up, pretty much every team that visits Easter Road will play with ten men behind the ball and just play to spoil the game and disrupt us at every opportunity.

We need to be ready for that inevitable tactic and try to come up with a plan to counteract it. It probably won't be pretty at times but as the club which will be the overwhelming favourites for the title and (hopefully) the best team in the league, we need to find a way to win.

:agree: Trig. Hibs need to be much more ruthless in front of goal basically, and not rely so heavily on Cummings & Malonga (assuming he's still at Hibs) for goals. Hibs also need a lot more goals from their midfield players.

Hibs can dominate teams but lose important games if they don't convert their overwhelming possession & superiority into goals. The cup semi-final loss to Falkirk was a classic example. Nobody will know this more than AS.

eastterrace
25-05-2015, 08:30 PM

well we will just have to score early in the games and then parking the bus wont matter. thats what the mob on other side of the city did, get early goal then blitz them.

Lucius Apuleius
25-05-2015, 08:46 PM
Is this not what every team that goes to Parkheid or Ipox do? They manage to be happy enough to see it happening.

Zazu62
25-05-2015, 08:52 PM
We need pace do get in behind teams at Easter road. Its a shame Boyle was unavailable for the Rangers game

bob12345
26-05-2015, 07:05 AM
Stoppage time is a joke in general, not just this game. Referees never add on enough and never compensate for time wasted during stoppage time. Timewasting is essentially promoted and manager's have the cheek to moan that too much is played.

Geo_1875
26-05-2015, 08:58 AM
Stoppage time is a joke in general, not just this game. Referees never add on enough and never compensate for time wasted during stoppage time. Timewasting is essentially promoted and manager's have the cheek to moan that too much is played.

There are rules on how stoppage time is calculated but never applied properly. Players being treated for "injuries" often take 2/3 minutes at a time out of the game, 30 seconds for a goal and each substitution is rarely enough. And it's all left up to the referee to calculate how much time is played. Until there is an official game clock and it's stopped for injuries, etc. we'll never get 90 minutes of football.

JimBHibees
26-05-2015, 09:02 AM
There are rules on how stoppage time is calculated but never applied properly. Players being treated for "injuries" often take 2/3 minutes at a time out of the game, 30 seconds for a goal and each substitution is rarely enough. And it's all left up to the referee to calculate how much time is played. Until there is an official game clock and it's stopped for injuries, etc. we'll never get 90 minutes of football.

30 seconds was exactly the time it took from JC scoring to the kick off so clearly should have been added on. For it to be blown short of the initial 5 mins was a joke.

The_Sauz
26-05-2015, 09:30 AM
You just need to look back at the Rangers v Falkirk 2-2 game! 3min of added time given, yet Rangers scored in 94:32 :agree:

GreenOnions
26-05-2015, 09:54 AM

It's quite rare for a player on the team who lost on the day to receive the man of the match award. Was this MoM decided by "match sponsors" or by the media team? If it was the match sponsors well - that explains it as there would probably be more Rangers fans among them. If it was the media then :rolleyes:

We may have missed a whole lot of opportunities but the fact remains that we created these through 95 minutes of outplaying Rangers in almost every area of the pitch. How such a team performance does not result in a MoM award for a Hibs player is baffling.

liamh2202
26-05-2015, 09:56 AM
It's quite rare for a player on the team who lost on the day to receive the man of the match award. Was this MoM decided by "match sponsors" or by the media team? If it was the match sponsors well - that explains it as there would probably be more Rangers fans among them. If it was the media then :rolleyes:

We may have missed a whole lot of opportunities but the fact remains that we created these through 95 minutes of outplaying Rangers in almost every area of the pitch. How such a team performance does not result in a MoM award for a Hibs player is baffling.

Bt pundits

Danderhall Hibs
26-05-2015, 11:39 AM

Probably selected MoM while the score was still 0-0 I'd imagine?

macca70
26-05-2015, 11:45 AM

Scott Allan got the sponsors MoM, it was announced over the tannoy at the game.

Wallace is there best player by a mile but he's still not very good!! was saying this at the game. The few times they attacked us they looked to come through Wallace.