PDA

View Full Version : Players leaving

Ozyhibby
25-05-2015, 12:01 AM
I expect that announcements will be made today regarding players leaving.
If we are to be really ready for next season then we don't have time to spare. I expect the club will already know who will be released.

Iain G
25-05-2015, 06:37 AM
If we are to be really ready for next season then we don't have time to spare. I expect the club will already know who will be released.

You are a very expectant chap! There will be a budget and plan in place for whichever division were going to be in and now offers will be made to players accordingly so I would expect to wait a wee while longer til we hear about the conclusions of all negotiations.

And it's not just as simple as Hibs making a decision on who to keep as players and agents will have a say to, I expect.

CraigHibee
25-05-2015, 07:54 AM
i was listening to stubbs on the radio after the match on the way home on saturday, he was questioned as to what was happening with players such as fyvie and fontaine, he said he was hoping to keep the majority of the team together and wanted to start having the conversation this week with the guys who he wanted to stay

Ozyhibby
25-05-2015, 07:57 AM
You are a very expectant chap! There will be a budget and plan in place for whichever division were going to be in and now offers will be made to players accordingly so I would expect to wait a wee while longer til we hear about the conclusions of all negotiations.

And it's not just as simple as Hibs making a decision on who to keep as players and agents will have a say to, I expect.

There will be some player whom the club do not wish to make an offer to. I think it's only fair that they are told ASAP so that they may look for other employment.

Heedersnvolleys
25-05-2015, 08:07 AM
Bank holiday Monday can't see anything being announced today. Saw the coaching team leave Porty about half 4ish on Saturday they will be down south with there families I would imagine.

Cod Boy
25-05-2015, 08:27 AM
According to a thread on the bounce Harris is free to leave.

J-C
25-05-2015, 09:26 AM

That wouldn't surprise me, had a half season where he looked great, bad injury then looked bog standard and average ever since, we can't afford to carry passengers next season, we need all squad players to be up and running from day one.

sleeping giant
25-05-2015, 09:29 AM
That wouldn't surprise me, had a half season where he looked great, bad injury then looked bog standard and average ever since, we can't afford to carry passengers next season, we need all squad players to be up and running from day one.

Agreed. There can be no sentiment in player selection for next season.
I like wee Harris but as you say , we need to hit the ground running.

B.H.F.C
25-05-2015, 09:38 AM

Yep, we need to get things moving quickly. Last year our slow start was down to the mess left in the summer. Absolutely no excuses for not being ready this time.

CallumLaidlaw
25-05-2015, 09:47 AM
Yep, we need to get things moving quickly. Last year our slow start was down to the mess left in the summer. Absolutely no excuses for not being ready this time.

Especially when you look at some other teams. We've had the problem again Tho if not knowing where will be next season. dundee have already got 5 players on pre contracts

Brooster
25-05-2015, 09:52 AM

You expect an announcement today do you? What happens if we dont make an announcement today?

J-C
25-05-2015, 09:54 AM
Especially when you look at some other teams. We've had the problem again Tho if not knowing where will be next season. dundee have already got 5 players on pre contracts

Pretty sure Stubbs will have targets for whatever league we were going to be in, we don't have the nightmare of sacking a manager and wating for a new one to come in, plus any players being re signed will know exactly Stubbs work ethics and systems, so no bedding in needed.

You also have to remember that nearly all players are now away on holiday, so things might not be announced for a few weeks yet.

scoopyboy
25-05-2015, 09:54 AM
My understanding is that offers have been made to at least two of the current squad who will be out of contract on Sunday.

No idea if the players have agreed.

Question - Can players be offered less than they are currently on?

Something sticks in the back of my mind they couldn't.

CallumLaidlaw
25-05-2015, 09:57 AM
My understanding is that offers have been made to at least two of the current squad who will be out of contract on Sunday.

Technically we can. But if a player that we have "developed" is offered a new contract by us on less terms than his previous contract, he can leave for free. If we at least match his previous wage, the new club have to pay a development fee

Smartie
25-05-2015, 09:58 AM

I think you can offer them anything you want. It is up to the player whether they want to accept the cut or try their luck elsewhere.

What you might be thinking of is the rule re compensation if a young player moves on. The player must have been made an offer by their own club of at least the same wage they were on before for that club to be due compensation from another if the player chooses to move on.

J-C
25-05-2015, 09:58 AM

That leaves a few not offered anything then, either they have decided themselves not to stay or Stubbs feels it's time to move on.

B.H.F.C
25-05-2015, 09:59 AM

I'm sure Stubss was quoted a week or two ago as saying that his targets wouldn't vary too much whatever division we were in.

They must know what out of contract players will be staying/going so I expect things to kick off a hell of a lot quicker than last year. We've got a manager in place that will take us in to the new season as well so we are miles ahead already of where we were last year.

Even given the result on Saturday the support has remained positive. The club need to make the most of that, especially with season tickets to sell.

steviehibsleith
25-05-2015, 10:02 AM

Sure thats only if a development fee is involved. If over 23 doesnt count and player can be offered less but then his prerogative to leave for free.

Smartie
25-05-2015, 10:05 AM
That leaves a few not offered anything then, either they have decided themselves not to stay or Stubbs feels it's time to move on.

I wouldn't be too disappointed by this.

I think we have quite a lot of central midfielders yet no wingers. The likes of Craig and Robertson would, I assume, be some of our highest earners. In our biggest games we've struggled to create and take our chances.

I wouldn't be against quite a few of the out of contract players moving on, seeing more of the likes of Stanton and Handling (and maybe some of the development side) and using the wages freed up to bolster the defence and add options in the final third.

Last season was an improvement but ultimately we fell short. We have way more to work with that last year so it isn't a total rebuild that is required but I'm not against seeing a lot of players who I quite like leave in order for us to bring in other ones.

SMAXXA
25-05-2015, 10:15 AM
There will be some player whom the club do not wish to make an offer to. I think it's only fair that they are told ASAP so that they may look for other employment.

Ah so we need to do these things quickly for the players that are leaving aye ok, what's the rush? Is it so if north game happens soon folk will have a reason to moan at the club? Makes no difference to us when we get told who's leaving or staying, what makes a difference to us as fans and the club is who we start next season with.

SMAXXA
25-05-2015, 10:17 AM

Yeah we can offer players whateve we want less same or more. It's when it comes to players u24 I think it is that we can't offer them less if we are to receive compensation, would have to be same terms or more.

silverhibee
25-05-2015, 10:42 AM
Are players not contracted to the end of May, they will find out next Monday whether they stay or go.

scoopyboy
25-05-2015, 10:51 AM
Yeah we can offer players whateve we want less same or more. It's when it comes to players u24 I think it is that we can't offer them less if we are to receive compensation, would have to be same terms or more.

Thanks for clearing up guv (and to others who have said same).

Things taking shape nicely at Tranent as well.

fishybeaver
25-05-2015, 10:52 AM

Would be very surprised if true, only last months Stubbs said he wanted to keep him and was unwilling to let Dundee extend his loan etc

DH1875
25-05-2015, 11:45 AM
I don't think we would give Harris a free. We would want something for him, even if it was say Ł75k.

Ozyhibby
25-05-2015, 12:14 PM
You expect an announcement today do you? What happens if we dont make an announcement today?

Not sure anything will happen? What's your point?

SlickShoes
25-05-2015, 12:16 PM

He's being overly aggressive because hibs didn't get promoted.

Ozyhibby
25-05-2015, 12:22 PM
Ah so we need to do these things quickly for the players that are leaving aye ok, what's the rush? Is it so if north game happens soon folk will have a reason to moan at the club? Makes no difference to us when we get told who's leaving or staying, what makes a difference to us as fans and the club is who we start next season with.

You correct, what's the rush. We should just leave till everyone has been on holiday then come back and see where we are at then. It worked well for us last year so should be ok this year.
Don't know what I'm worried about.

Ozyhibby
25-05-2015, 12:22 PM
He's being overly aggressive because hibs didn't get promoted.

Seems to be a lot of that about.

Turkish Green
25-05-2015, 12:31 PM
Bank holiday Monday can't see anything being announced today. Saw the coaching team leave Porty about half 4ish on Saturday they will be down south with there families I would imagine.

The coaching staff and the commercial staff are two different departments. Players and coaches will now be away on holiday (unless they were assuming a place in the Play-off final). Players are contracted until the end of June.

The issue last season was that Butcher had gone off on holiday immediately after the Play-off final and Leeann did not start until June. The search for a replacement for Butcher did not start until 11th June. The good things is that the management structure is in place, hopefully players have been identified but this process would have been hampered by not knowing which league Hibs would be playing next season.

FitbaFolkKen
25-05-2015, 12:42 PM
You correct, what's the rush. We should just leave till everyone has been on holiday then come back and see where we are at then. It worked well for us last year so should be ok this year.
Don't know what I'm worried about.

That isn't what he said, he said what is important is who we start the season with and I agree I don't think it is important that we find out immediately who is leaving.

Interesting that you were commenting on aggressive reactions to your posts.... no idea why with quality sarcasm like that.

Beefster
25-05-2015, 12:51 PM

I can't speak for Brooster but my point would be that its threads like this that can cause the club problems. You didn't make it clear that your expectation was utter speculation and some dafties might take it as you saying there will be an announcement today. When that doesn't happen, it's not you that gets criticised for poor wording, it's the club for 'telling us nothing' or some such pish.

SMAXXA
25-05-2015, 12:52 PM
That isn't what he said, he said what is important is who we start the season with and I agree I don't think it is important that we find out immediately who is leaving.

Interesting that you were commenting on aggressive reactions to your posts.... no idea why with quality sarcasm like that.

:agree:

Unseen work
25-05-2015, 12:52 PM
im 100% certain JC will leave

Smartie
25-05-2015, 12:53 PM
im 100% certain JC will leave

As in Jason Cummings?

Why?

pennyhibee
25-05-2015, 12:54 PM
Alan Stubbs already mentioned the need for a good pre-season and I expect him and Leanne already had contingency plans if we didn't go up which was never a certaint Keep the Faith and give it another shot next year Have a good Summer

Ozyhibby
25-05-2015, 01:40 PM

The reason that I said I expect an announcement is that is what usually happens. The club announce that some players are moving on and we thank them for their service. It's usually done on the Monday or Tuesday after the last game.

Ozyhibby
25-05-2015, 01:45 PM
I can't speak for Brooster but my point would be that its threads like this that can cause the club problems. You didn't make it clear that your expectation was utter speculation and some dafties might take it as you saying there will be an announcement today. When that doesn't happen, it's not you that gets criticised for poor wording, it's the club for 'telling us nothing' or some such pish.

Apologies to all the dafties, I poorly worded my original post. I was speculating that we may release some players today. We may not. It may be tomorrow. Or later. Or not at all and we may go into next season with the same squad (we'd need a whole new thread for that).
Hope that's cleared things up so as not to cause too much trouble for the club.
:-)

Unseen work
25-05-2015, 04:48 PM
As in Jason Cummings?

Why?

Just based on the fact swansea were interested in him last summer, that was when he had only scored a couple of goals and had been in the first team for 6 months. Now with a full season under his belt and finishing top goal scorer in the league, including some high profile goals it wouldnt suprise me if some teams put a bid in

kevo1875
25-05-2015, 05:36 PM
Just based on the fact swansea were interested in him last summer, that was when he had only scored a couple of goals and had been in the first team for 6 months. Now with a full season under his belt and finishing top goal scorer in the league, including some high profile goals it wouldnt suprise me if some teams put a bid in
Got told QPR are interested in him

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-05-2015, 06:05 PM
McGeouch unlikely to be returning.

Haymaker
25-05-2015, 06:19 PM

Strange one as I don't see him getting into the Celtc midfield so unless he has other offers in the SPL then staying here and playing regular 1st team football would be beneficial surely?

cloudy
25-05-2015, 06:25 PM
Mcgeouch said he hasn't a clue what's happening Robertson said he hopes to be here next season Fyvie said he would be back next season oxley is another that doesn't know what's happening..All from the players themselves after the game on Saturday frank says he's returning to France although I'm not sure if he meant for a holiday or for good

hibeemikey21
25-05-2015, 07:02 PM
Got told QPR are interested in him

Lose Charlie Austin, bring in Jason Cummings.....

Cod Boy
25-05-2015, 07:07 PM
Dylan was being watched by a chief scout from a club in England for a few games last season. Not sure if they are going to follow up on there interest though.

PPZPOL
25-05-2015, 07:54 PM

You said 100% sure earlier? That assumes without doubt that he will be away, then you follow up with it wouldn't surprise you if some teams put bids in for him?

Not saying he will/won't go but seems like your 2nd post would have been sufficient rather than having your initial "100%" post before it?

Unseen work
25-05-2015, 10:46 PM
You said 100% sure earlier? That assumes without doubt that he will be away, then you follow up with it wouldn't surprise you if some teams put bids in for him?

Not saying he will/won't go but seems like your 2nd post would have been sufficient rather than having your initial "100%" post before it?

Sensitive wee guy you ain't you.

My 100% certain was based on opinion, sorry if you took this the wrong way thinking it was in anyway factual.

Like I said I think based on the fact he attracted interest last season when he hadn't accomplished anything of note, it's a cert that he will have clubs chasing him this summer, and that he will leave

Vault Boy
25-05-2015, 11:33 PM

My 100% certain was based on opinion, sorry if you took this the wrong way thinking it was in anyway factual.

Like I said I think based on the fact he attracted interest last season when he hadn't accomplished anything of note, it's a cert that he will have clubs chasing him this summer, and that he will leave

Complete certainty more than implies factual knowledge, so the previous poster was justified in assuming you had some kind of scoop. Thinking that he will leave on no basis other than some rumours that were perpetuated but never confirmed from a year ago surely can't entail certainty? You're welcome to think that, and the reasoning is there to be seen, but it definitely read as if you had some inside knowledge. :greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-05-2015, 11:34 PM
Liam Craig away.

PPZPOL
26-05-2015, 07:16 AM

Sensitive wee guy? You've kind of proved my point with this follow up, you can't be 100% certain if its just an opinion if you know nothing about it? Your first post said he was away 100%, not 90 or even 99.5% so you've not left any room for error there. That's like me saying he is 100% staying, I have nothing to back that up mind you but there you go.

He may go as we look to cash in. FWIW getting back to proper football chat - I'd say staying would be best for both parties, he needs to improve aspects of his game and he needs to have another season under belt, he's still young and has time on side.

Ozyhibby
26-05-2015, 09:00 AM
Liam Craig away.

Thought the club would try and announce on website first. Either way, good decision.

Geo_1875
26-05-2015, 09:03 AM
Rather than read pure speculation on here I'll wait until the players tweet their farewells or the Daily Record makes up some pish.

Andy74
26-05-2015, 09:57 AM
Rather than read pure speculation on here I'll wait until the players tweet their farewells or the Daily Record makes up some pish.

There are some quotes from Craig so seems legit.

I think the right decision for both parties.

Brightside
26-05-2015, 10:51 AM
There are some quotes from Craig so seems legit.

I think the right decision for both parties.

The 27-year-old midfielder said: “Obviously I’m disappointed at the way things have gone but I have nothing but good things to say about the club and the people there.

“You saw from the way the fans reacted at the end on Saturday that there’s a belief things are moving in the right direction, and I want to wish them all the best for the future.

“But I understand the club have hard choices to make with another season in the Championship to come, so I just need to look for a fresh challenge elsewhere now.

“I’ve captained the club through a difficult time but it was an honour to do it and I know I have a lot still to offer.”