PDA

View Full Version : Drogba.

Mikey09
24-05-2015, 11:24 PM
WTF was that all about?!!! Subbed in his last game for Chelsea and carried off the pitch by his team mates?! Is this what it's come to now?? Pathetic, Talk about over doing it. Absolute cringeworthy....:sick:

Scottie
24-05-2015, 11:30 PM
Embarrassingly apt as he spend most of his career diving and falling over cheating and trying to get fellow professionals sent off. :rolleyes:

Bronson
24-05-2015, 11:39 PM
One of, if not the biggest legend in Chelsea's history. Lighten up, jeezo.

Mikey09
24-05-2015, 11:49 PM
One of, if not the biggest legend in Chelsea's history. Lighten up, jeezo.

Great player Bronson, no doubt. But just walk off and take the adulation you deserve... Nae need for the dramatics!! As I said I just found it a bit cingey... Must be my age!! :greengrin

Broken Gnome
25-05-2015, 03:49 AM
Takis Fyssas.

HoboHarry
25-05-2015, 03:56 AM
Great player Bronson, no doubt. But just walk off and take the adulation you deserve... Nae need for the dramatics!! As I said I just found it a bit cingey... Must be my age!! :greengrin
From what I saw it was something that his team mates did - it wasn't something that Drogba asked for or had planned. Some people on here need to lighten up - I would have carried Le God off ER - he was worthy of it and clearly his team mates thought that Drogba was too....

HibbyAndy
25-05-2015, 06:15 AM
Embarrassingly apt as he spend most of his career diving and falling over cheating and trying to get fellow professionals sent off. :rolleyes:

:agree:

For me Drogba is the biggest cheat to grace English football...Certainly IMO ive never seen a bigger cheater in world football.

Togs91
25-05-2015, 06:26 AM
:agree:

For me Drogba is the biggest cheat to grace English football...Certainly IMO ive never seen a bigger cheater in world football.

Suarez, filled with an abundance of talent, and loves a bite dive kick younname it!

sambajustice
25-05-2015, 06:36 AM
Dislike Chelsea. Don't really like Drogba.

But thought thatbwas good craic. Think folk need a word if they're getting a bit irate at things like that.

There's plenty to be angry about at Hibs!

Pete
25-05-2015, 06:38 AM
There's plenty to be angry about at Hibs!

What is there to be angry about?

Biggie
25-05-2015, 06:40 AM
WTF was that all about?!!! Subbed in his last game for Chelsea and carried off the pitch by his team mates?! Is this what it's come to now?? Pathetic, Talk about over doing it. Absolute cringeworthy....:sick:

I'm with you mate, just watched it and said exactly the same wtf !
This is in the middle of the game.....Jesus even the Sunderland players were hugging and clapping him....pretty sure even the ref !.
Get off the park and wait until the end of the game to a appreciate his contribution....don't know your age mate, but it must be mine that finds this a joke.

Danderhall Hibs
25-05-2015, 07:47 AM
I'm with you mate, just watched it and said exactly the same wtf !
This is in the middle of the game.....Jesus even the Sunderland players were hugging and clapping him....pretty sure even the ref !.
Get off the park and wait until the end of the game to a appreciate his contribution....don't know your age mate, but it must be mine that finds this a joke.

Same here. Big cringe from me.

Mikey09
25-05-2015, 08:01 AM
Ok let's clear a few things up!! This kind of thing doesn't make me irate or angry, Christ I've enough in my life without letting a bunch of overpaid footballers piss me off. I said I found it a bit cringeworthy. Apart from his diving I think Drogba is not only a top player but one of the good guys with his foundation work in the Ivory Coast. Oh and actually had a wee chuckle thinking about those Chelsea "Fans" who racially abused the young guy in Paris declaring to him how proud they were to be racist. The irony that they would be cheering Drogba off the pitch made me laugh!! Oh.. And I'm 44 and getting to that age of shouting at the telly!! :faf:

Hiber-nation
25-05-2015, 08:02 AM
I remember Janus Matyus doing an emotional lap of honour after only playing about a dozen games for us!

I think it was Matty Jack's last game too, can't remember his lap of honour though.

snooky
25-05-2015, 08:26 AM
I dislike all that goes with Prima Donnas, Divas and celebs.
Most are vastly overpaid and basically kick a ball, sing a song or pretend to be someone else.
Top of my barf list are award shows like the Oscars & the Grammys, etc.
A mate once said that the Oscars was Hollywood w*****g itself. That describes the whole shebangs in a nutshell.

Scouse Hibee
25-05-2015, 08:35 AM
Drogba was a superb player and one of the best in his role, woukd have loved him at Liverpool in his prime.

Future17
25-05-2015, 08:59 AM
I wonder what his injury was as his movement seemed fairly easy as he jumped around like a man possessed during the celebrations at full time.

stantonhibby
25-05-2015, 09:01 AM
Takis Fyssas.

Indeed......I recall that....the longest farewell ever and the ref just let him take forever to get off.

Stevie Reid
25-05-2015, 09:31 AM
Great player who absolutely terrorised defences and scored 164 goals in 289 starts for Chelsea during their most successful period in their history - also scored the decisive penalty kick in their Champions League win, and truly seems to love the club as well.

I don't think that there's anything that they could have done that I would have considered to be over the top with regards to his farewell. What happened certainly wasn't.

hibbysam
25-05-2015, 10:15 AM
Great player who absolutely terrorised defences and scored 164 goals in 289 starts for Chelsea during their most successful period in their history - also scored the decisive penalty kick in their Champions League win, and truly seems to love the club as well.

I don't think that there's anything that they could have done that I would have considered to be over the top with regards to his farewell. What happened certainly wasn't.

Exactly this... He also scored the equaliser in said champions league final in the dying minutes to take it to extra time! If someone scores the winner for Hibs in a Scottish cup final then I would expect an open top bus to carry him from the pitch!

Sproule Three
25-05-2015, 11:49 AM
Rumours abound that he's signing for Sydney FC .
Could be all to sell tickets for upcoming friendly between Sydney and Chelsea next week though -;)

Brooster
25-05-2015, 07:57 PM
Just another example of overpaid players being up their own asses. Ive no time for this self adulation. It was all planned no doubt. I was at Stoke yesterday where Gerrard played the whole game then walked down the tunnel with nothing more than a nod to the fans. Albeit it was after a pumping but it proved to me that he is nowhere in Drogbas league when it comes to being a big headed prat.

fordie2
25-05-2015, 10:31 PM
Just another example of overpaid players being up their own asses. Ive no time for this self adulation. It was all planned no doubt. I was at Stoke yesterday where Gerrard played the whole game then walked down the tunnel with nothing more than a nod to the fans. Albeit it was after a pumping but it proved to me that he is nowhere in Drogbas league when it comes to being a big headed prat.

Haha, is this serious. Gerrards last home match all the players wore Gerrard shirts and he pretty much had the Gerrard show at the end of the game.

That was Drogbas last home game at the Bridge and he helped them to win the league!

Baader
25-05-2015, 10:42 PM
Dislike Chelsea very much but saying goodbye to a club legend who won them their first ever European Cup? Don't see much wrong! The amount he earns is irrelevant too - whether it's an amateur player getting held aloft after retiring or a multi millionaire who's won all there is and been a fantastic servant what difference does it make?

If we'd have been able to give Franck a send off on the park (his immediate retiral to accept the managers job meant we were denied the opportunity) would it be much different and would fans complain?

Gus
26-05-2015, 12:49 PM

We have had to put up with the farewell to the hero Steven Gerrard for the last 4 or 5 games.

Drogba has achieved more at Chelsea in 4 seasons than Gerrard did in 15