PDA

View Full Version : No excuses next season!

GreenCastle
24-05-2015, 09:41 PM
Been interesting reading some comments on here since Saturday - some good discussion - some absolute nonsense - what is clear though is next season we can't have any excuses.

This season I have read various reasons why we weren't promoted..the yams planning ahead being the most used.

This time next season I fully expect us to be back in the top league in Scotland - where we belong.

Next season the players,management and owners are going to have to deliver.

Next season isn't a rebuild - it's not a slow start and it's not a league with the yams and possibly sevco (50/50 right now). Even if sevco are in it - we can beat them.

It's crucial whatever changes are made to playing staff see them settle as soon as possible.

We also need to develop better home form, more creativity as we can't rely on Allen only (if he stays), more goals from midfield and more clean sheets. We have goals in the current strikers but we can't rely on them all the time.

Over to you Alan and co..I believe you can deliver and I know others do too..no excuses at the end of the season..we need to do the business and win the league.

Nando™
24-05-2015, 10:52 PM
As long as we keep our best players, we will win the league by a fair distance. We have a settled team and will not suffer the same bad start that we had this season.

JJP
24-05-2015, 10:57 PM
I have faith that we will deliver next season. We may need to bring in a battering ram target man of a striker in to deal with when teams sit in against us as we seemed to struggle with that at times this season.

GreenCastle
24-05-2015, 11:32 PM
I have faith that we will deliver next season. We may need to bring in a battering ram target man of a striker in to deal with when teams sit in against us as we seemed to struggle with that at times this season.

Agreed - Farid even showed during the short time he was on the importance of a physical presence up front.

Cummings and Malonga have done well over the season but we need a plan B and C as teams will sit deep again against us so need to break that down.

Mixu62
25-05-2015, 01:00 AM
Preparation time will be crucial this time around. The Yaks had the whole of last season to prepare for this one, the der hun the last 2 years. Stubbs had about 3 weeks to build a team, and get the players left over from last year playing with a bit of confidence again. He's got a whole close season now.

bingo70
25-05-2015, 05:37 AM
If rangers stay down we need to accept a play off position could be a possibility. They'll have a budget about 10x of ours and they won't be the same car crash they were this year.

No excuse if rangers go up though.

Pete
25-05-2015, 06:46 AM
If rangers stay down we need to accept a play off position could be a possibility. They'll have a budget about 10x of ours and they won't be the same car crash they were this year.

:agree:

St.Mirren under Iain Murray and Motherwell will possibly be strong but we should still have enough to finish top.

All of this stuff about expecting to finish above Rangers unrealistic and will maybe develop into unnecessary pressure.

We need to aim for consistency regardless of who is in with us then take it from there.

California-Hibs
25-05-2015, 07:15 AM

This is it in a nutshell.

Godsahibby
25-05-2015, 07:22 AM
This is it in a nutshell.

I don't agree with this at all, our aim should be to win the league and playoffs wouldn't be acceptable. We finished a above them this season when they had a budget 10x ours. This time last year we were a shamble and took months and months to sort ourself. We should be ready to go 1st game of the season. If rangers do stay down they like us last season with management and board and players have a lot to sort out.

Argylehibby
25-05-2015, 08:04 AM
I don't agree with this at all, our aim should be to win the league and playoffs wouldn't be acceptable. We finished a above them this season when they had a budget 10x ours. This time last year we were a shamble and took months and months to sort ourself. We should be ready to go 1st game of the season. If rangers do stay down they like us last season with management and board and players have a lot to sort out.

Our budget for players depends on the number of season tickets bought. If those who are going to buy one and can afford to buy it buy now rather than wait until the last minute that helps the manager have the team "ready to go 1st game" too. Others have mentioned 10,000 as a realistic target on other threads and reaching it would make huge difference to our chances of promotion.

Nando™
25-05-2015, 11:46 AM

They really don't, they've already sorted themselves out. Getting rid of Kenny MacDowell and appointing Stuart McCall was how they fixed themselves, and if Motherwell beat them then they will be favourites to finish 1st. I'd expect us to finish 2nd in that case.

wfortune
25-05-2015, 12:23 PM
They really don't, they've already sorted themselves out. Getting rid of Kenny MacDowell and appointing Stuart McCall was how they fixed themselves, and if Motherwell beat them then they will be favourites to finish 1st. I'd expect us to finish 2nd in that case.

I disagree. McCall isn't permanent, most of their squad is out of contract. We should be good enough to win the league regardless of what clubs are in with us.

cabbageandribs1875
25-05-2015, 12:33 PM
I disagree. McCall isn't permanent, most of their squad is out of contract. We should be good enough to win the league regardless of what clubs are in with us.

i'd put £2 on him becoming permanent

Nando™
25-05-2015, 12:36 PM

None of this means that McCall won't become permanent and they won't resign players.

The_Horde
25-05-2015, 12:39 PM
None of this means that McCall won't become permanent and they won't resign players.

Same people again clinging to the hope that others will fail, go bankrupt etc etc.

Haven't they learned by now that, by hook or by crook, these clubs will come out the other side smelling of roses?

Godsahibby
25-05-2015, 12:39 PM

He is only to the end of the season and I would think he will be permanent but with the soap opera going on over there they are far from being settled. Lots of players out of contract, not knowing what league they will be in, debts to be paid, Ashley hanging around yes they would be favourites but as we have shown this season we are more than a match for them.

The_Horde
25-05-2015, 12:40 PM
He is only to the end of the season and I would think he will be permanent but with the soap opera going on over there they are far from being settled. Lots of players out of contract, not knowing what league they will be in, debts to be paid, Ashley hanging around yes they would be favourites but as we have shown this season we are more than a match for them.

You mean that Ashley guy who helped saved their season?

Haris Vuckic.

Nando™
25-05-2015, 12:40 PM

Where is he going?

The_Horde
25-05-2015, 12:42 PM
Where is he going?

To the premiership.

Nando™
25-05-2015, 12:46 PM
To the premiership.

I struggle to be happy with neither that, nor the opposite possibility.

Turkish Green
25-05-2015, 12:51 PM

Possibility? Probability if Sevco stay down. However, if it is Motherwell that get relegated then I would expect Hibs to win the league in competition with Motherwell, St Mirren and Falkirk.

GreenCastle
25-05-2015, 04:48 PM
You mean that Ashley guy who helped saved their season?

Haris Vuckic.

Was very impressed with Vuckic in the playoff games.

Don't forget though if sevco do go up they have to pay Ashley £500,000!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11506329/Rangers-will-have-to-pay-Newcastle-500000-if-they-are-promoted.html

CRAZYHIBBY
25-05-2015, 07:33 PM
Next season, not only must we win the title but we must also beat hearts points target......That should be our aim

Cod Boy
25-05-2015, 07:36 PM
Next season, not only must we win the title but we must also beat hearts points target......That should be our aim

Winning the league would do me.

Nando™
25-05-2015, 10:17 PM

Beating their points tally means nothing in this two-bit, diddy division.