PDA

View Full Version : Cerny

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-05-2015, 06:42 PM
Make him our new no.1 or bring in different? Personally would like to see him be given a chance.

Ozyhibby
24-05-2015, 06:46 PM
He's been here 6 months and has not convinced Stubbs that he is better than Oxley.
We need a better goalie than that.

andrew70
24-05-2015, 06:49 PM
He's been here 6 months and has not convinced Stubbs that he is better than Oxley.
We need a better goalie than that.

I am not convinced that that's been the case. I don't think Cerny was fully fit when he arrived, he then contracted mumps which would have set him further back. I think the club were having a look at him and vice versa with a look ahead to next season.

Saturday Boy
24-05-2015, 06:56 PM
Make him our new no.1 or bring in different? Personally would like to see him be given a chance.

Having watched him in Development team matches, he would be nowhere near first choice. He doesn't jump for cross balls, but stretches for them. This might work with under 20s but won't work in league football.

Pretty Boy
24-05-2015, 06:58 PM
I just said on the thread about Oxley that Cerny has looked, in my eyes, like he desperately needs more game time. That's the impression I've got watching him for the development side.

People often underestimate how important match sharpness is for keeper. Things like decision making are only maintained through playing regularly and prior to signing for us that wasn't the case with Cerny.

Speedy
25-05-2015, 10:30 AM

I was very surprised he didn't get a run out in any of the cup games.

The fact he's not played at all suggests he's maybe not that good. I would imagine he'll stay to compete with whoever else is signed (assuming Oxley goes).

O'Rourke3
25-05-2015, 10:36 AM
I'd have put him in for a game or two just in-case he was needed. I don't think that Stubbs doesn't trust/rate him as he wouldn't have signed him when he did. He's already shown he was prepared to play KP when Oxley was injured. In this case I think it may have been financial - in that if MO doesn't play - we pay more of his wages. Hull lent him to us for game time.

Personally not been convinced with MO. He's solid enough but there were a couple of goals that Ben would have got to - that said, Ben was far worse on crosses. I hope we are spreading the net further but I'd be happy enough with TC in goals from what I saw in his time at Accies.