PDA

View Full Version : Oxley - Moving to Sheffield

Pages : [1] 2

Kaiserclem
24-05-2015, 05:15 PM
Doesn't look like Mark Oxley has been offered anything from us. Mate of mine went to be shown the houses he is gonna rent shortly and turns out Oxley has been renting it. He was telling my mate that he is moving to Sheffield until his agent sorts him out a club for the upcoming season. Apparently a very likeable fella and has loved Hibs this season.

Keith_M
24-05-2015, 05:16 PM
He was merely a stop gap and I'm hoping we can get better.

Kaiserclem
24-05-2015, 05:20 PM
I agree, also think he has settled the second half of the season. Would wish him all the best if we don't offer anything going forward. Cerny deserves a shot.

GreenArmyyy!
24-05-2015, 05:31 PM
All the best but we can do better. Still think we should have gone back for Ben Williams. Must of been around October before he got a rolling monthly contract with Bradford.

My_Wife_Camille
24-05-2015, 05:47 PM
Might go on to have a decent career. Was generally poor for us though

Aldo
24-05-2015, 05:52 PM
All the best but we can do better. Still think we should have gone back for Ben Williams. Must of been around October before he got a rolling monthly contract with Bradford.

Oxley and Williams in the same bracket IMHO. -?we can do better!

Maybe Cerny will get the gig??

Carheenlea
24-05-2015, 05:53 PM
Cerny won't have been brought in just to make up the numbers, and if Alan Stubbs is looking to bring in a better keeper than Mark Oxley, then that can only be a good thing. I think he has improved as the season wore on, and despite some flaws he has been quite a popular player with the fans.

GreenArmyyy!
24-05-2015, 05:56 PM
Oxley and Williams in the same bracket IMHO. -?we can do better!

Maybe Cerny will get the gig??

Not for me, Williams IMO was our best keeper since Anderson. Wasn't very difficult mind you.

Leith_Hibee
24-05-2015, 05:57 PM
Cerny won't have been brought in just to make up the numbers, and if Alan Stubbs is looking to bring in a better keeper than Mark Oxley, then that can only be a good thing. I think he has improved as the season wore on, and despite some flaws he has been quite a popular player with the fans.

I've seen Cerny in a few development games and I haven't been overly impressed so far.

Aldo
24-05-2015, 05:59 PM
Not for me, Williams IMO was our best keeper since Anderson. Wasn't very difficult mind you.

It wasn't was it.

Hopefully Stubbs has summit lined up.

Carheenlea
24-05-2015, 06:13 PM
I've seen Cerny in a few development games and I haven't been overly impressed so far.

Aye? I'll take your word for it as I've not seen him in those games. There were many on here touting him for our number 1 so assumed next season we might see more of him.

JimBHibees
24-05-2015, 06:22 PM
Might go on to have a decent career. Was generally poor for us though

Utter nonsense he did very well for Hibs. Good organiser, excellent distribution and solid.

JimBHibees
24-05-2015, 06:24 PM

He was bang average for Hibs last season.

Big_Franck
24-05-2015, 06:27 PM
Good luck to him wherever he ends up. Stubbs has all summer to find better though, and i'm confident that he will.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-05-2015, 06:28 PM
All the best Ox.

Pretty Boy
24-05-2015, 06:30 PM

Agreed.

I always just assumed all those calling for Cerny to play were basing it on his form 3 years ago as opposed to anything recent.

He's undoubtedly a good keeper but has looked very nervy for the 20s and desperately in need of more game time before playing for the 1st team.

familyman
24-05-2015, 06:31 PM
Doesn't look like Mark Oxley has been offered anything from us. Mate of mine went to be shown the houses he is gonna rent shortly and turns out Oxley has been renting it. He was telling my mate that he is moving to Sheffield until his agent sorts him out a club for the upcoming season. Apparently a very likeable fella and has loved Hibs this season.
He did an ok job, but not as good as our previous keeper ,how we allowed Butcher to let him go is most odd...To his credit he has made some important saves for Hibs this past season..

SquashedFrogg
24-05-2015, 06:32 PM
[/B]

Utter nonsense he did very well for Hibs. Good organiser, excellent distribution and solid.

Precisely. I'm not sure what people are expecting for a Scottish Championship side with regards to a goalie? Short memories of some absolute horrific goal keepers in recent years tell me Oxely is the best we've had in a long, long time...

Good luck to the chap if he goes. In my book he is very much destined to play at a much higher level. Sadly it doesn't look like it's with us.

Interesting to see the same posters comments next season with our 'new goalie'.

As for Williams, he was miles behind our current keeper for me. Never confident with him, like many others of the recent past.

bingo70
24-05-2015, 06:35 PM
My criticism of Oxley was always that he never seemed to save anything. I admit over the last couple of months he's started to win me round a bit but If he does leave I'll still not be bothered.

Cerny of three years ago would appear to be a good replacement, if those that have seen him recently say otherwise then it's probably best to look elsewhere although maybe with a good pre season he might find his old form again.

Golden Bear
24-05-2015, 06:36 PM
[/B]

Agreed. There's no such thing as the perfect goalkeeper and if there was, he wouldn't be playing for Hibs. Oxley has been a very acceptable keeper and I wish him well for the future.

Future17
24-05-2015, 06:36 PM
All the best to him. Seemed like a good guy with a good attitude...also looked like a more natural finisher than Dja Djedje. :greengrin

RIP
24-05-2015, 06:38 PM
Odd thread. He was good enough to play for us all season and help get us second place.

Now we are telling the guy we can do better. Second tier of Scottish football and we can attract better. No-one is ever good enough for us.

And so the revolving door carries on!!

JimBHibees
24-05-2015, 06:40 PM
Agreed. There's no such thing as the perfect goalkeeper and if there was, he wouldn't be playing for Hibs. Oxley has been a very acceptable keeper and I wish him well for the future.

Agree entirely. Was a good servant to Hibs and wish him all the best. Sure the manager will have some one lined up.

Carheenlea
24-05-2015, 06:40 PM
Agreed.

I always just assumed all those calling for Cerny to play were basing it on his form 3 years ago as opposed to anything recent.

He's undoubtedly a good keeper but has looked very nervy for the 20s and desperately in need of more game time before playing for the 1st team.

I've not been calling on him to play, but fall into your bracket of one who's opionion of him is based on past form rather than recent. Hopefully he can recapture the firm of old.

bingo70
24-05-2015, 06:41 PM
Odd thread. He was good enough to play for us all season and help get us second place.

Now we are telling the guy we can do better. Second tier of Scottish football and we can attract better. No-one is ever good enough for us.

And so the revolving door carries on!!

That's not true though, plenty in this squad are deemed good enough and popular with the fans.

Oxley isn't anything special, steady enough but nothing to get excited about if he is to leave.

Shrekko
24-05-2015, 06:43 PM
My criticism of Oxley was always that he never seemed to save anything. I admit over the last couple of months he's started to win me round a bit but If he does leave I'll still not be bothered.

Cerny of three years ago would appear to be a good replacement, if those that have seen him recently say otherwise then it's probably best to look elsewhere although maybe with a good pre season he might find his old form again.

I agree with all of this- Oxley didn't fill me with confidence for a lot of the season but ultimately he never let us down in any way. Seemed like a good bloke too. There are so many good goalies around though that I'm sure we can replace him without too much difficulty.

Scottie
24-05-2015, 06:53 PM
If the Ox is to leave all I can do is thank him for his efforts this season.

Good luck to him. :aok:

Pretty Boy
24-05-2015, 06:55 PM
I've not been calling on him to play, but fall into your bracket of one who's opionion of him is based on past form rather than recent. Hopefully he can recapture the firm of old.

I'm sure he can, he's a very good keeper but he's looked rusty when I've seen him play.

Is he signed up for another year or is his contract up?

scoopyboy
24-05-2015, 06:58 PM
He did an ok job, but not as good as our previous keeper ,how we allowed Butcher to let him go is most odd...To his credit he has made some important saves for Hibs this past season..

Butcher didn't let him go.

Before Butcher arrived he was negotiating a new contract but when Felon left and Steve Marsella arrived with the Butcher that bit the dust.

Williams hated Marsella and then decided he was leaving, house on market, etc.

scoopyboy
24-05-2015, 06:59 PM
I'm sure he can, he's a very good keeper but he's looked rusty when I've seen him play.

Is he signed up for another year or is his contract up?

His contract is up.

frazeHFC
24-05-2015, 07:04 PM
Was unsure about him at times but over the course of the season I've generally liked Oxley. Good luck to him.

Eyrie
24-05-2015, 07:04 PM
Oxley did well for us, so if he is away then it's with my best wishes.

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-05-2015, 07:14 PM
A decent keeper who is certainly good enough for the Scottish championship. Don't remember him making too many mistakes(Alloa Scottish cup), however I don't remember him making any amazing saves either. Like literally none which is odd

Kaiserclem
24-05-2015, 07:21 PM
Oxley is giving up the home he was renting, moving back to Sheffild until his agent sorts out a club for him. That could still be Hibs possibly. I would guess if he gets an offer shortly he would buy somewhere up here rather than rent. Who knows but certainly nothing been offered to him as of of yet.

stubbs will obviously be with us next year but I worry after that, how long can a guy be separated from his family as much as he is and shacking with his two coaches.

Lago
24-05-2015, 07:32 PM
Probably the first of a number leaving soon.

we are hibs
24-05-2015, 07:34 PM
Has the right build and height for a decent goalie, seems to suffer from lapses in concentration though, like yesterday he played a dodgy pass out from the back in the first half and he seems to struggle to hold onto a ball from a cross or ball lobbed into the box.

cabbageandribs1875
24-05-2015, 07:36 PM
good luck to the guy, certainly not the worst keeper we've had at ER over the last several years...and he did help us on the way to our first 3 points the season just ended :agree:

Swedish hibee
24-05-2015, 07:48 PM

:aok:

SquashedFrogg
24-05-2015, 07:51 PM
Has the right build and height for a decent goalie, seems to suffer from lapses in concentration though, like yesterday he played a dodgy pass out from the back in the first half and he seems to struggle to hold onto a ball from a cross or ball lobbed into the box.

Seem to remember him making an amazing save the first half yesterday? Maybe just my selective memory...

bingo70
24-05-2015, 07:57 PM
Seem to remember him making an amazing save the first half yesterday? Maybe just my selective memory...

I've admitted he's gone some way to proving me wrong regarding his shot stopping but there's no way any save he made yesterday can be classed as amazing. In fact don't think he's made an amazing save since he joined us.

SquashedFrogg
24-05-2015, 08:03 PM
I've admitted he's gone some way to proving me wrong regarding his shot stopping but there's no way any save he made yesterday can be classed as amazing. In fact don't think he's made an amazing save since he joined us.

Ok then, maybe he just made an average, full stretch, finger tipped save to his right yesterday.

My mistake, apologies.

flash
24-05-2015, 08:05 PM
We get the message you don't rate him.

My_Wife_Camille
24-05-2015, 08:08 PM

Yep. I lost count of the number of times this season where Oxley conceded a goal from the oppositions only shot (or shots) on target.

bingo70
24-05-2015, 08:08 PM
Ok then, maybe he just made an average, full stretch, finger tipped save to his right yesterday.

My mistake, apologies.

No need to apologise.

I don't remember any amazing save, if it happened I've forgotten about it.

Danderhall Hibs
24-05-2015, 08:09 PM
It's a strange one this. He's a goalie that's hardly made any mistakes (certainly one that cost us) yet a lot are waving him off without a grumble.

He's made saves that've kept us in games - Ibrox late on on Wednesday night and in the 1st half yesterday as well as in other games - Falkirk in the 3-3 game springs to mind.

SquashedFrogg
24-05-2015, 08:11 PM

Bingo. Not on here to argue with fellow Hibees, but can you list me better keepers we've had in the last 15 years or so?

I'm a wee bit older than you (not much mind) but I'm struggling to count a significant number.

And remember Ben Williams helped get us relegated so he doesn't count :agree:

bingo70
24-05-2015, 08:12 PM
We get the message you don't rate him.

Good stuff, I can get back to relentlessly criticising Lewis Stevenson now then.

Danderhall Hibs
24-05-2015, 08:13 PM
Good stuff, I can get back to relentlessly criticising Lewis Stevenson now then.

You won't need to - Man U will be picking him up on a Bosman.

Lucius Apuleius
24-05-2015, 08:14 PM
Seemed okay for me. Not outstanding but mostly did the job he was paid for.

flash
24-05-2015, 08:19 PM

You have lost me

eastterrace
24-05-2015, 08:23 PM

My mistake, apologies.

that was a fantastic save , he is a good goalie and some on here are glad to see him go, when you look back at the keepers we have had he is been one off the better ones .

bingo70
24-05-2015, 08:25 PM
Bingo. Not on here to argue with fellow Hibees, but can you list me better keepers we've had in the last 15 years or so?

I'm a wee bit older than you (not much mind) but I'm struggling to count a significant number.

And remember Ben Williams helped get us relegated so he doesn't count :agree:

Most of our keepers during that time have been gash so it won't be a long list.

I thought Williams was a significantly better shot stopper but I also found him to be a bit over rated. He made a lot of mistakes but they got glossed over as he was so popular due to his penalty saving. Overall though I'd probably prefer Williams.

I liked Graham stack for us, ***** with crosses but I think our defence knew that and dealt with it.

Other than that probably looking at Daniel Anderson, although I can't really remember that much about him tbh.

Jonnyboy
24-05-2015, 08:25 PM
that was a fantastic save , he is a good goalie and some on here are glad to see him go, when you look back at the keepers we have had he is been one off the better ones .

It was. The angle I watched it from saw the ball swerve round a couple of defenders before Oxley could have seen it. Was going in at the post before his full length dive provided the save. Also had a great save, late on at Ibrox when Foster cut inside from the right and hit a left foot shot that was going under the bar before Oxley tipped it over.

SquashedFrogg
24-05-2015, 08:26 PM
Yep. I lost count of the number of times this season where Oxley conceded a goal from the oppositions only shot (or shots) on target.

And I've lost count the number of times our strikers missed a shot at goal, or never laid the ball off to the other striker, or the number of times our midfield gave the ball away or never tracked back, or when our full backs never beat the defender to get a ball in the box or the number of times our centre halves were out jumped at corners or the number of times we never found our player at set pieces....

I guess we need a whole new team?

Lets be sensible about this.

Jonnyboy
24-05-2015, 08:26 PM

Would you care to list these multiple examples?

SquashedFrogg
24-05-2015, 08:27 PM
It was. The angle I watched it from saw the ball swerve round a couple of defenders before Oxley could have seen it. Was going in at the post before his full length dive provided the save. Also had a great save, late on at Ibrox when Foster cut inside from the right and hit a left foot shot that was going under the bar before Oxley tipped it over.

Thanks Jonny.

I'm not advocating he's a Goram for us but I do think he's the best (or most reliable) we've had in a long time.

Jonnyboy
24-05-2015, 08:29 PM
Thanks Jonny.

I'm not advocating he's a Goram for us but I do think he's the best (or most reliable) we've had in a long time.

True, as there's only one Oxley :greengrin

SquashedFrogg
24-05-2015, 08:30 PM

:aok:

liamh2202
24-05-2015, 08:50 PM
[/B]

Best distribution I've seen from a Hibs keeper,, a side of the game that a lot of people underate, I think he was a really good keeper.

CraigHibee
24-05-2015, 09:17 PM
good luck to ox, he done alright for us imo

cerny was only signed until the end of the season so looks as though we will be in the hunt for 2 keepers, could be an interesting pre-season but i trust stubbs to deliver

sbell1875
24-05-2015, 09:21 PM
I think he improved over the course of the season. If we were in the position of being able to get him permanently I would get him signed.

Defensively I think we've been quite good this season and the goalkeeper is always a big part of the defence.

J-C
24-05-2015, 09:27 PM
A decent keeper, nothing more but I was surprised that Cerny never got a wee chance which makes me think there was a clause in his loan deal that would see him as 1st pick if fit.

SquashedFrogg
24-05-2015, 09:30 PM
Most of our keepers during that time have been gash so it won't be a long list.

I thought Williams was a significantly better shot stopper but I also found him to be a bit over rated. He made a lot of mistakes but they got glossed over as he was so popular due to his penalty saving. Overall though I'd probably prefer Williams.

I liked Graham stack for us, ***** with crosses but I think our defence knew that and dealt with it.

Other than that probably looking at Daniel Anderson, although I can't really remember that much about him tbh.

Appreciate the reply :aok:

As I said, I'm not on here to argue with my fellow comrades but based on your names listed I think my impression of Oxely has been justified.

Andy74
24-05-2015, 09:35 PM
A decent keeper, nothing more but I was surprised that Cerny never got a wee chance which makes me think there was a clause in his loan deal that would see him as 1st pick if fit.

No. He had done nothing to be dropped. You don't change keeper unless you have to and we didn't have to.

J-C
24-05-2015, 09:47 PM
No. He had done nothing to be dropped. You don't change keeper unless you have to and we didn't have to.

Just curious as my memory of Cerny was as a pretty good keeper and I thought he was brought in to push for no.1 spot, I know Cerny had mumps etc and wasn't match fit but was surprised he didn't move above Oxley in the pecking order, as I said Oxley was a decent keeper and there are many decent keepers out there to sign up.

blackpoolhibs
24-05-2015, 10:08 PM
I think Cerny was brought in because the young lad who was number 2 was nowhere near good enough should Oxley have got injured.

Oxley then was ok all through the season, nothing special but steady enough. I think we might see a couple of new keepers in next season?

Scouse Hibee
24-05-2015, 10:11 PM

Lease has run out on house to coincide with end of loan, no point in renewing until future is sorted when he can look at something permanent so going back to his hometown during close season, that doesn't tell me we ain't going to sign him.

Stevie Reid
25-05-2015, 09:24 AM
Would be very happy if he were to stay, not perfect but has lots of good attributes, not least how good he was the with ball at his feet, and his kicking and distribution in general. I still remember the stress that I felt with a long run of Hibs goalkeepers (post-Andersson) any time the ball was played in between our centre backs and goalkeeper, and how often we lost possession from a lack of composure and poor kicking ability. He's a good age too, and has nearly 100 appearances behind him now.

Definitely not outwith the realms of possibility that we could do better - far more likely that we could do a lot worse though, IMO.

ManBearPig
25-05-2015, 09:53 AM
Anyone who thinks Oxley isn't a good shot stopper go back and watch Rangers game at ibrox we won 2-0 he was superb and kept us in game more than once.

His distribution is second to none in the championship a real plus in this day and Age. Training goalies these days involves a lot of work in this area.

His command of area is very continental and although maybe his agility doesn't make for 'shots for the camera' his saves have helped immensely in the 'big games'

The reason we haven't seen lots of out of the world saves is because the lack of shots he has had to deal with for most part at ER teams sit in against us.

Goalkeeping is only part of football I have a lot of first hand experience in and feel like we have a lot of frustrated strikers judging him on here ;-)

jdships
25-05-2015, 10:29 AM
As far as I have heard from EM's while Oxley has enjoyed his time in Edinburgh it is not his " preferred location"
Seems he always intended to return south .

liamh2202
25-05-2015, 10:35 AM
[QUOTE=

Goalkeeping is only part of football I have a lot of first hand experience in and feel like we have a lot of frustrated strikers judging him on here ;-)[/QUOTE]

Me too mate. I think he's the best keeper since colgan. Funnily enough he also got accused of not being a shot stopper.. But both have a knack of making saves look easy which is a great trait to have

Smartie
25-05-2015, 10:38 AM
I've liked Oxley, we've done far worse than him and will do in future.

He's a wee bit dodgy when he catches crosses but I actually like it when he punches them as he gets them a decent distance away from his goal.

He's also had a few fairly ferocious ones straight at him in the past few games and they've all stuck. It's great when you have a keeper you can rely on for that (ok he may have spilled one or two earlier in the season.)

His distribution is absolutely first class and we've not actually made as much of that this season as we might have.

Give it 5 years and we'll probably be saying he's the best goalkeeper we've ever had.

The_Sauz
25-05-2015, 11:21 AM

Ok Mr Negative show me the facts that back that stat up :rolleyes:

truehibernian
25-05-2015, 11:28 AM

I can only remember one goal, away to Alloa in the cup, where Oxley has made a real 'booboo' (think he let one slide under him in the Petrofac but it was hit with pace) - yes a couple of times his positioning has been questionable but tell you what, the Dundee United and Aberdeen keepers have made a few right gaff this season - and on the radio last week they were being praised for being top keepers.

Thankless task quite often being a goalie - last couple of keepers have been decent for where we were/are. Oxley was decent and not only that, appeared to have a good character/personality in the dressing room.

O'Rourke3
25-05-2015, 11:49 AM
No need to apologise.

I don't remember any amazing save, if it happened I've forgotten about it.

My mistake, apologies.
Just watched that incident again. Liam C claimed he'd been elbowed in the face on the run up to the shot. Despite all the cameras, the best shot at the time was inconclusive. Not discussed at all half time despite showing Kenny M's header. Suspect they didn't discuss it as there was an elbow and that would have meant action.

Decent save but I'd have expected Zibbi to make it too.

Viva_Palmeiras
25-05-2015, 11:54 AM

Maybe he loses count after 5 fingers? ;)

Sir David Gray
25-05-2015, 04:55 PM
He's been fine for us but I'm sure we can get someone as good, if not better, in the summer and on a permanent contract.

Pete
25-05-2015, 04:58 PM
In the grand scheme of things he's not had that much to do. Good luck to him.

Waxy
25-05-2015, 05:08 PM
I thought he was a good keeper.plus he finished the season among the top goalscoring keepers on the planet.

My_Wife_Camille
25-05-2015, 11:23 PM
Would you care to list these multiple examples?
The 5 off the top of my head..
Hibs 2-1 Livi
Hibs 3-2 Cowdenbeath
Hibs 0-2 Rangers
Hearts 1-1 Hibs
Alloa 1-2 Hibs

5 games where the opposition has been limited to only 7 attempts on target and every one went in. I'm sure there will be quite a few more where we conceded 1 goal from 2 shots or 3 goals from 4. One of the reasons we were so far behind Hearts this year was the high ratio of goals conceded from shots on target.

Sir David Gray
25-05-2015, 11:30 PM
Hibs 2-1 Livi
Hibs 3-2 Cowdenbeath
Hibs 0-2 Rangers
Hearts 1-1 Hibs
Alloa 1-2 Hibs

5 games where the opposition has been limited to only 7 attempts on target and every one went in. I'm sure there will be quite a few more where we conceded 1 goal from 2 shots or 3 goals from 4. One of the reasons we were so far behind Hearts this year was the high ratio of goals conceded from shots on target.

It's better than having a high ratio of goals conceded from shots off target I suppose.

My_Wife_Camille
25-05-2015, 11:38 PM
It's better than having a high ratio of goals conceded from shots off target I suppose.
Quality banter. We conceded 32 goals in 36 Championship games this season. There are a few posts on this thread from people sticking up for Oxley saying the reason he didn't make many saves was because he didn't have as many shots to deal with. Now it's true that he didn't have many shots to deal with (a few of his clean sheets were in games where he had none to deal with at all) but he still managed to concede an average just short of a goal every game. Not great for someone that didn't have a lot to do.

I get get why people want to stick up for a player while he's here but the chances are that he'll be away anyway so I don't see why so many people are still pretending that he's any good.

liamh2202
26-05-2015, 07:30 AM
Hibs 2-1 Livi
Hibs 3-2 Cowdenbeath
Hibs 0-2 Rangers
Hearts 1-1 Hibs
Alloa 1-2 Hibs

Do you actually know anything about football?? a goalie shouldn't be expected to save a certain percentage of shots on target. Think you have been playing too much football manager.. He maybe had no chance with any of them. apart from Alloa I can't think of a single goal he was at fault for

ManBearPig
26-05-2015, 07:30 AM
He is good. Not great but he is good. People saying he is rubbish or 'not any good' is the problem here. stats are subjective even if it was that only shot on goal in that game and he didn't save it doesn't mean it was his fault. The most painful goals I've seen conceded this season have been from miscommunication in the box between centre halves or from lapses in concentration I can only point to the clanger in the cup as a keepers fault goal

Golden Bear
26-05-2015, 07:47 AM
Hibs 2-1 Livi
Hibs 3-2 Cowdenbeath
Hibs 0-2 Rangers
Hearts 1-1 Hibs
Alloa 1-2 Hibs

Maybe the "attempts on target" that the Hertz keeper had to deal with were easily saved while those that Oxley had to deal with were not?

Your argument is statistical bumpkin and bears little relevance to the debate on whether Oxley is a competent 'keeper or not.

And by the way, he is a competent goalkeeper.

oneone73
26-05-2015, 08:13 AM
I think he improved over the course of the season. Which is s compliment to the coaching.

Stevie Reid
26-05-2015, 08:35 AM
Hibs 2-1 Livi
Hibs 3-2 Cowdenbeath
Hibs 0-2 Rangers
Hearts 1-1 Hibs
Alloa 1-2 Hibs

I remember the Livi home game and that was a tap in after a shot rebounded from the bar. I remember us conceding shocking goals v Cowdenbeath but IIRC, the worst was due to a crazy Paul Hanlon back header that left it on a plate for the scorer. He wasn't at fault for either goal at home v Rangers and Jamie Walker's at Tynie was a screamer right into the corner.

The Alloa goal was a bad one, but the other games you listed mean nothing in terms of Oxley's ability as a goalkeeper. Apart from anything else, our record in the five you picked is W 3 D 1 L 1, so it's hardly an argument that he cost us many points.

My_Wife_Camille
26-05-2015, 12:22 PM
Do you actually know anything about football?? a goalie shouldn't be expected to save a certain percentage of shots on target. Think you have been playing too much football manager.. He maybe had no chance with any of them. apart from Alloa I can't think of a single goal he was at fault for
A good goalie should most definitely not be expected to concede almost a goal every game in a league where we all agree he had very little to do. The idea that the very, very few attempts he had to deal with over the season were all coincidentally unstoppable is crazy stuff. Once decent game against the Huns does not make a good keeper.

My_Wife_Camille
26-05-2015, 12:27 PM
I remember the Livi home game and that was a tap in after a shot rebounded from the bar. I remember us conceding shocking goals v Cowdenbeath but IIRC, the worst was due to a crazy Paul Hanlon back header that left it on a plate for the scorer. He wasn't at fault for either goal at home v Rangers and Jamie Walker's at Tynie was a screamer right into the corner.

The Alloa goal was a bad one, but the other games you listed mean nothing in terms of Oxley's ability as a goalkeeper. Apart from anything else, our record in the five you picked is W 3 D 1 L 1, so it's hardly an argument that he cost us many points.
The Livi game at home was the Djedje winner.

As as for the Jamie Walker screamer, maybe he wasn't at fault or maybe Hearts exploited an obvious weakness in our goalkeeping department (hit the target from any distance and it will probably go in). It seemed to be something of a pattern for them against us this season.

liamh2202
26-05-2015, 12:35 PM

As as for the Jamie Walker screamer, maybe he wasn't at fault or maybe Hearts exploited an obvious weakness in our goalkeeping department (hit the target from any distance and it will probably go in). It seemed to be something of a pattern for them against us this season.

Well your last two posts confirm you do indeed know nothing about Goalkeeping,, obvious weakness? Get a grip

Turkish Green
26-05-2015, 12:39 PM
Considering his loan signing was a desperation move to fill a gap, he worked out not too bad. Hopefully, his replacement will be of a better calibre but Hibs and keepers do not mix too well.

Good Luck

The_Horde
26-05-2015, 12:43 PM
Well your last two posts confirm you do indeed know nothing about Goalkeeping,, obvious weakness? Get a grip

Stats don't lie IMO. The number of shots on target to goals against is very, very low. Either we're in the most clinical league in the world or the goalkeeper isn't quite up to scratch. Decent, competent goalie aye. But not good enough for a title chasing team. Good goalies save points.

liamh2202
26-05-2015, 12:51 PM
And has he not made any saves that have gotten us points?? The stats to use would be saveable shots not shots on target which I assume you dont have

Ronster117
26-05-2015, 01:02 PM
If the Ox is to leave all I can do is thank him for his efforts this season.

Good luck to him. :aok: this 100%

Andy74
26-05-2015, 01:08 PM
Stats don't lie IMO. The number of shots on target to goals against is very, very low. Either we're in the most clinical league in the world or the goalkeeper isn't quite up to scratch. Decent, competent goalie aye. But not good enough for a title chasing team. Good goalies save points.

Your stats mean nothing in terms of the keeper. We play quite open with the full backs high up and we tend to give the opposition easier chances with being able to get crosses into unmarked players in the box. This explains a lot about how clinical other teams are with chances. They might not get lots of them but when they do they are easy enough to score from most of the time.

SanFranHibs
26-05-2015, 01:15 PM
Seems was might be committing the same error as last season, starting our campaign without a proven keeper. I would like to start off this campaign with most of the starters from the season just ended and I think we might be better served tightening up other positions.

If he goes, he goes with my best wishes.

Sudds_1
26-05-2015, 01:17 PM

............and of course there are 2 Andy Gorams
:greengrin:wink:

The_Horde
26-05-2015, 01:44 PM
Your stats mean nothing in terms of the keeper. We play quite open with the full backs high up and we tend to give the opposition easier chances with being able to get crosses into unmarked players in the box. This explains a lot about how clinical other teams are with chances. They might not get lots of them but when they do they are easy enough to score from most of the time.

So Oxleys good its just crap managerial tactics then?

The_Horde
26-05-2015, 01:45 PM
A keeper worth his salt will save at least one seemingly easy chance in every game. IMO of course. Look how many easy chances williams clawed away in his first season.

liamh2202
26-05-2015, 01:46 PM

We finished second so both must have worked to some extent ;)

liamh2202
26-05-2015, 01:47 PM
A keeper worth his salt will save at least one seemingly easy chance in every game. IMO of course. Look how many easy chances williams clawed away in his first season.

It all depends on the game. If you play in a crap team ( Williams) then you are going to make more saves.

The_Horde
26-05-2015, 01:54 PM
I don't think Oxley's a bad goalie. I just think we need to strive to have a keeper who can win us points with an extraordinary save every now and then.

Andy74
26-05-2015, 01:57 PM

I didn't say that but certain styles have some pay off. We clearly need to defend better. I don't think there's any doubt about that.

JimBHibees
26-05-2015, 02:25 PM
I didn't say that but certain styles have some pay off. We clearly need to defend better. I don't think there's any doubt about that.

The first goal at Ibrox in particular a very good example of that, absolutely horrific goal defensively IMO.

Geo_1875
26-05-2015, 02:42 PM
Good luck to him wherever he ends up.

What nobody seems to have mentioned (I may have missed it) is that this guy is still only 24 years old and is relatively young for a goalkeeper. Any young keeper will make mistakes as they are still learning but I thought Oxley had a good season. I'd love to see Hibs go for a good, experienced keeper but there's nobody out there (in our price range) who I'd chase after. Hopefully Stubbs can find one somewhere.

MrRobot
26-05-2015, 02:52 PM
I like Oxley. I think sometimes he can get beaten a bit too easily but I feel more confident with him and the backline as a whole than I have in years.

Stevie Reid
26-05-2015, 02:54 PM
Good luck to him wherever he ends up.

What nobody seems to have mentioned (I may have missed it) is that this guy is still only 24 years old and is relatively young for a goalkeeper. Any young keeper will make mistakes as they are still learning but I thought Oxley had a good season. I'd love to see Hibs go for a good, experienced keeper but there's nobody out there (in our price range) who I'd chase after. Hopefully Stubbs can find one somewhere.

I mentioned that he was a good age, 24 so not desperately young and raw, but still loads of years to improve - he has nearly 100 starts under his belt now too. I would be very happy if we signed him.

ManBearPig
26-05-2015, 04:09 PM

This 100% most goals conceded by us have been from defensive errors either by miscommunication between centre halves (possibly down to switch between 3 and 4 at the back) or being cavalier with wing backs Falkirk knew this as did Rangers. Especially when our first choice RB out. Stat chasers and FM experts can say what they like but there is nothing wrong with Oxley.

I remember people chasing stack (more flamboyant made more errors) williams (stable and player of the year) and yet Anderson who was basically average is revered basically because he was replaced with dross.
(And possibly because won a shoutout against fee Hun)

My_Wife_Camille
26-05-2015, 04:42 PM
It all depends on the game. If you play in a crap team ( Williams) then you are going to make more saves.
Actually, if you play in a crap team then you will have more opportunities to makes saves. If Oxley regularly conceded from somewhere between 50-100% of all attempts that he had to deal with then it stand to reason that if he had to deal with more attempts then he would concede more.

As mentioned, the stats don't lie. This thread starts off by saying that Oxley doesn't make a lot of saves because he doesn't have to deal with that many shots but the stats show that he still conceded an average of almost a goal a game. Look, I'm not claiming the guy is the worst keeper we've had. His cross handling ranged from good to excellent and his distribution was generally excellent. As for keeping the ball out the net... Simply not good enough considering the quality of opposition and number of attempts he's had to deal with.

eastterrace
26-05-2015, 05:32 PM
Actually, if you play in a crap team then you will have more opportunities to makes saves. If Oxley regularly conceded from somewhere between 50-100% of all attempts that he had to deal with then it stand to reason that if he had to deal with more attempts then he would concede more.

As mentioned, the stats don't lie. This thread starts off by saying that Oxley doesn't make a lot of saves because he doesn't have to deal with that many shots but the stats show that he still conceded an average of almost a goal a game. Look, I'm not claiming the guy is the worst keeper we've had. His cross handling ranged from good to excellent and his distribution was generally excellent. As for keeping the ball out the net... Simply not good enough considering the quality of opposition and number of attempts he's had to deal with.

his cross handling ranged from good to excellent you say, so why all the criticism then , he has been the best goalie we have had for years and you come out with some outrages stats that prove nothing, did you ever see zibby play and makalambie oh and tony caig how can we forget that clown now they were real duff goalies.

My_Wife_Camille
26-05-2015, 07:16 PM
his cross handling ranged from good to excellent you say, so why all the criticism then , he has been the best goalie we have had for years and you come out with some outrages stats that prove nothing, did you ever see zibby play and makalambie oh and tony caig how can we forget that clown now they were real duff goalies.
The criticism is about the number of goals he conceded.

And yes, Zibi, Makalambay and Caig were far worse, hence why I clearly said "I'm not claiming the guy is the worst keeper we've had"

Blaster
26-05-2015, 07:24 PM

And yes, Zibi, Makalambay and Caig were far worse, hence why I clearly said "I'm not claiming the guy is the worst keeper we've had"

Would you agree that oxley has the potential to improve into a really good keeper? I think he has.

I think at the moment he is a decent keeper. No more no less. If he was 28-30 I would say he is unlikely to improve but at 24 I think he will only get better. He has improved throughout this season

MWHIBBIES
26-05-2015, 07:31 PM

As as for the Jamie Walker screamer, maybe he wasn't at fault or maybe Hearts exploited an obvious weakness in our goalkeeping department (hit the target from any distance and it will probably go in). It seemed to be something of a pattern for them against us this season.Good lord, what a load of rubbish.

MWHIBBIES
26-05-2015, 07:32 PM

And yes, Zibi, Makalambay and Caig were far worse, hence why I clearly said "I'm not claiming the guy is the worst keeper we've had"A team concedes goals, I'm 100% sure that at least one outfield player could have done something better for every goal we conceded this season.

1987kev
26-05-2015, 07:33 PM
Suspect for long shots. Doesn't come for crosses there must b better keepers for us personally I would go 30 year plus keeper

Colr
26-05-2015, 07:40 PM
Considering his loan signing was a desperation move to fill a gap, he worked out not too bad. Hopefully, his replacement will be of a better calibre but Hibs and keepers do not mix too well.

Good Luck

Not since Jim Leighton at any rate.

My_Wife_Camille
26-05-2015, 07:46 PM
Would you agree that oxley has the potential to improve into a really good keeper? I think he has.

I think at the moment he is a decent keeper. No more no less. If he was 28-30 I would say he is unlikely to improve but at 24 I think he will only get better. He has improved throughout this season
I do mate. 24 is very young for a keeper and he may well go on to mature into a very good keeper.

Good lord, what a load of rubbish.
All of Hearts goals into us this season (minus their penalty) were long range efforts out of nothing. That is a fact. It is also not at all unreasonable to suggest that such a trend might be more than a coincidence.

I Look forward to someone replying that disagrees with me actually providing something the back up their point instead of the usual 'rubbish', 'nonsense', 'do u even know what football is' responses:aok:

liamh2202
26-05-2015, 07:53 PM
Not since Jim Leighton at any rate.

I was thinking this earlier.. I think Leighton is looked back on through rose tinted glasses.. His distribution was atrocious,, I personally think colgan is the best keeper we have had since budgie

The_Sauz
26-05-2015, 08:06 PM
I was thinking this earlier.. I think Leighton is looked back on through rose tinted glasses.. His distribution was atrocious,, I personally think colgan is the best keeper we have had since budgie

He cost us against AEK Athens when he let in 2 corners :agree:

erin go bragh
26-05-2015, 08:10 PM

Leighton was class . Miles better than both Colgan and Budgie ( who was better than Colgan ) all imho .

GGTTH

Smartie
26-05-2015, 08:12 PM
I do mate. 24 is very young for a keeper and he may well go on to mature into a very good keeper.

All of Hearts goals into us this season (minus their penalty) were long range efforts out of nothing. That is a fact. It is also not at all unreasonable to suggest that such a trend might be more than a coincidence.

I Look forward to someone replying that disagrees with me actually providing something the back up their point instead of the usual 'rubbish', 'nonsense', 'do u even know what football is' responses:aok:

I'm not sure exactly what the point that you are trying to make here is but I thought that all of Hearts' goals into Oxley this season were either penalties or absolute rakers.

They were efforts that were utterly unsaveable. 9 times out of 10 those shots would go wide or to the keeper but this season, for them, they went in. No blame whatsoever could be reasonably apportioned to Oxley (I know some wanted to blame him for the Ozturk goal but imo that is nonsense - it was an absolute cracker).

On that basis I'd say that Oxley didn't at any point let us down in a derby, he didn't make ANY costly mistakes.

It's along time since we've been able to say that about a Hibs goalie.

liamh2202
26-05-2015, 08:18 PM
Leighton was class . Miles better than both Colgan and Budgie ( who was better than Colgan ) all imho .

GGTTH

Respect your opinion,, it's all perspective I suppose.. Anyway we digress lol

Smartie
26-05-2015, 08:19 PM

We had Leighton when the "pass back rule" came into operation. All of a sudden 'keepers were expected to also be footballers and this wasn't exactly the strongest part of Leighton's game.

Leighton was immense. Some of the saves he used to make were ridiculous. He was tidy enough from crosses and marshalled the defence with Geebsie well.

His distribution was pretty poor but in those days me and my mates used to go along and sit in the from row of the East, just short of the halfway line. You stood quite a good chance of getting a touch of the ball when he duck-hooked his goal kicks out of play (which was fairly frequent).

Sir David Gray
26-05-2015, 08:30 PM

Hearts scored four goals against us last season.

First game

Sam Nicholson scored a pretty good goal from memory that I don't think anyone blamed Oxley for at the time.
The other goal was a penalty.

Second game

Ozturk hit a screamer of a shot that wouldn't have been saved, even supposing you had Casillas, Buffon, Cech and De Gea all lined up on the goal line.

Third game

Jamie Walker again hit a good strike and I don't believe you could realistically say that it should have been saved by Oxley.

I don't think Oxley is perfect, I'm not even suggesting that we are unable to find someone better than him but to criticise him on the basis of Hearts' goals against us over the last 12 months is unfair.

My_Wife_Camille
26-05-2015, 08:34 PM

First game

Sam Nicholson scored a pretty good goal from memory that I don't think anyone blamed Oxley for at the time.

Second game

Ozturk hit a screamer of a shot that wouldn't have been saved, even supposing you had Casillas, Buffon, Cech and De Gea all lined up on the goal line.

Third game

Jamie Walker again hit a good strike and I don't believe you could realistically say that it should have been saved by Oxley.

I don't think Oxley is perfect, I'm not even suggesting that we are unable to find someone better than him but to criticise him on the basis of Hearts' goals against us over the last 12 months is unfair.
I'm not blaming him for those goals. I just said that it's not unreasonable to suggest that such a pattern might not be down to a simple coincidence. The same as it's not unreasonable for you to suggest that it is.

bingo70
26-05-2015, 08:37 PM

First game

Second game

Third game

I've not made a point of watching those goals again but I remember thinking for the first one that the hearts dick was only going to put it in one corner so Oxley was slow to move across to that side. Where Oxley was standing he had no chance but a huge part of shot stopping is anticipating where the ball is going to go, in that respect I wondered if he got his positioning wrong.

Wasn't a howler but I do wonder if a better shot stopper may have anticipated it and moved across. That to me sums up oxleys hibs career, no real howlers but not convinced a better shot stopper might have saved a few he let in.

Sir David Gray
26-05-2015, 08:38 PM
I'm not blaming him for those goals. I just said that it's not unreasonable to suggest that such a pattern might not be down to a simple coincidence. The same as it's not unreasonable for you to suggest that it is.

Yes but by suggesting it's something more than a "coincidence" would lead one to believe that you are suggesting that Oxley is somehow culpable.

bingo70
26-05-2015, 08:41 PM
Yes but by suggesting it's something more than a "coincidence" would lead one to believe that you are suggesting that Oxley is somehow culpable.

If hibs are playing a ***** keeper i normally want us to hit them from anywhere as you know there's a chance it'll go in. I think Camille is suggesting hearts targeted him as a weakness and they got some success from that tactic.

That's not necessarily blaming him for those goals.

ManBearPig
26-05-2015, 08:42 PM
Colgan or Williams for me.

Brooster
26-05-2015, 08:51 PM
He shouldve saved Ozturks long range shot. He is decent nothing more nothing less. I think he could be braver at cross balls and I think more should be sticking to him....the 2nd goal at Raith recently comes to mind. Saying that he didnt do much wrong in the semi or play offs.

My_Wife_Camille
26-05-2015, 09:49 PM
If hibs are playing a ***** keeper i normally want us to hit them from anywhere as you know there's a chance it'll go in. I think Camille is suggesting hearts targeted him as a weakness and they got some success from that tactic.

That's not necessarily blaming him for those goals.
Exactly this, cheers

Pretty Boy
26-05-2015, 10:04 PM

Nick Colgan was a better goalkeeper than Jim Leighton? You can't be serious.

Leighton had issues with his kicking no doubt but it has to be remembered much of his career was before the passback rule when kicking became far more natural to keepers. He was worth 12-15 points a season to Hibs and it was no surprise to me we were relegated the season after he left, he had played a huge part in stopping it happening sooner. Andy Goram said at an event I attended that Leighton was the most naturally talented keeper he had ever seen. Colgan was ok but then again he lost his place in the team to Tony Caig, I can't ever imagine that happening to Jim Leighton.

lucky
26-05-2015, 11:07 PM
Oxley is a poor keeper playing in the second tier of Scottish football. At least all our other crap keepers played on in the Scottish premiership. For me he has similar abilities as Makalamby. I won't be sad to see him go

MWHIBBIES
27-05-2015, 05:24 AM
I'm not blaming him for those goals. I just said that it's not unreasonable to suggest that such a pattern might not be down to a simple coincidence. The same as it's not unreasonable for you to suggest that it is.93rd minute, 1-0 down in a derby ''oh aye but my gaffer said this goalie is pish from long shots, better shoot from almost the half way line, it will surely go in''

liamh2202
27-05-2015, 07:58 AM

Leighton had issues with his kicking no doubt but it has to be remembered much of his career was before the passback rule when kicking became far more natural to keepers. He was worth 12-15 points a season to Hibs and it was no surprise to me we were relegated the season after he left, he had played a huge part in stopping it happening sooner. Andy Goram said at an event I attended that Leighton was the most naturally talented keeper he had ever seen. Colgan was ok but then again he lost his place in the team to Tony Caig, I can't ever imagine that happening to Jim Leighton.

I can be serious mate.. Thats my opinion. Maybe a little tainted as I was young when Leighton played and seen colgan day in day out first hand.. There was nothing fancy with nick but he was an outstanding keeper who had a knack of making saves look easy because his footwork was so good. Like I said above all a matter of opinion so please don't belittle mine

Thecat23
27-05-2015, 08:50 AM
Those who keep saying Oxley is a good shot stopper are wrong! He's just alright, as he really doesn't have that great a record of keeping shots out and many goals this season have been questionable near post goals especially. Stats don't lie and in this league the standard isn't as good as the prem so I'd have been worried to keep him on another year. Stubbs is right to not offer him anything IMO.

His handling of cross balls is terrible for a pro keeper and that's basic stuff! We will find better I've no doubt about that.

Thecat23
27-05-2015, 08:52 AM
I can be serious mate.. Thats my opinion. Maybe a little tainted as I was young when Leighton played and seen colgan day in day out first hand.. There was nothing fancy with nick but he was an outstanding keeper who had a knack of making saves look easy because his footwork was so good. Like I said above all a matter of opinion so please don't belittle mine

Leighton was a very good keeper for us and if you were too young to remember then it's no wonder you would think Colgan was better! Goram for me was the best keeper I've seen but Leighton for us was far better than Nick Colgan but as you say it's about opinions!

liamh2202
27-05-2015, 09:08 AM
Leighton was a very good keeper for us and if you were too young to remember then it's no wonder you would think Colgan was better! Goram for me was the best keeper I've seen but Leighton for us was far better than Nick Colgan but as you say it's about opinions!

Not too young to remember mate,, I remember budgie lol. I just meant I probably had more of an understanding of goalkeeping by the time I worked with colgan... Anyway I would be more than happy to give Oxley a deal

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-05-2015, 09:09 AM
Jim Leighton was an outstanding goalkeeper, only marginally behind Goram in best Hibs goalies I've seen in the flesh(I'm 30). Nick Colgan was a fairly average goalkeeper who I remember being booed at the end of a game at ER once after a run of poor games. Not in the same league as Leighton.

Thecat23
27-05-2015, 09:12 AM
Not too young to remember mate,, I remember budgie lol. I just meant I probably had more of an understanding of goalkeeping by the time I worked with colgan... Anyway I would be more than happy to give Oxley a deal

Ah right!!

Are you a keeper yourself? I don't really rate Oxley as his catching and misjudging of crosses is pretty poor! Doesn't command his box often enough for me.

Then again if he was that good he wouldn't have been playing with us to start with. I think Stubbs will have a better number one in goals come start of the season.

liamh2202
27-05-2015, 09:17 AM
Ah right!!

Are you a keeper yourself? I don't really rate Oxley as his catching and misjudging of crosses is pretty poor! Doesn't command his box often enough for me.

Then again if he was that good he wouldn't have been playing with us to start with. I think Stubbs will have a better number one in goals come start of the season.

Yes I am mate. I just think there's real potential there with Oxley and he could be a long term solution

Thecat23
27-05-2015, 09:19 AM
Yes I am mate. I just think there's real potential there with Oxley and he could be a long term solution

I just think there is better out there being a keeper also. I've watched Oxley all season and he needs a lot of working on. Stubbs maybe seen this and knows we need a solid keeper to the league.

Alexander at Hearts was very good last season and kept them in many games. Someone like that with experience will do for me!

liamh2202
27-05-2015, 09:21 AM
I just think there is better out there being a keeper also. I've watched Oxley all season and he needs a lot of working on. Stubbs maybe seen this and knows we need a solid keeper to the league.

Alexander at Hearts was very good last season and kept them in many games. Someone like that with experience will do for me!

Don't disagree with any of that either

pennyhibee
27-05-2015, 10:06 AM
Is nobody going to mention Roughie :rolleyes:

JimBHibees
27-05-2015, 10:09 AM
He shouldve saved Ozturks long range shot. He is decent nothing more nothing less. I think he could be braver at cross balls and I think more should be sticking to him....the 2nd goal at Raith recently comes to mind. Saying that he didnt do much wrong in the semi or play offs.

This has been brought up before complete nonsense. The trajectory of the ball and the dip after it passed Oxkley meant it was unsaveable and IMO no keeper on the planet would have saved it.

MrRobot
27-05-2015, 10:21 AM
**** it, lets just sign De Gea

Thecat23
27-05-2015, 10:24 AM
This has been brought up before complete nonsense. The trajectory of the ball and the dip after it passed Oxkley meant it was unsaveable and IMO no keeper on the planet would have saved it.

It was a freak shot and I don't blame Oxley either. But to say no keeper would save it I'm not sure that's true! Some keepers stay close to their line and if Oxley himself was 2 feet back he'd have saved it himself!

Again not blaming him as no one expected him to hit it!

HH81
27-05-2015, 10:31 AM
All the best to Mr Oxley.

pennyhibee
27-05-2015, 10:33 AM
**** it, lets just sign De Gea

You having a laugh He's not Hibs class :greengrin

Brooster
27-05-2015, 10:59 AM

It went in under the bar in the centre of the goals and he seen it coming from more than 30 yards out!! I couldve plucked it out of the air just as any decent keeper would.

liamh2202
27-05-2015, 11:04 AM
It went in under the bar in the centre of the goals and he seen it coming from more than 30 yards out!! I couldve plucked it out of the air just as any decent keeper would.

You probably would have because bad positioning would have had you on your line..unfortunately as a goalkeeper there are so many things you need to be prepared for.. In my view he was positioned correctly so he could react to a shot and also a through pass.. Unfortunately he has been beaten by a wonder strike. No professional keeper would have been on his line at that point

Golden Bear
27-05-2015, 11:05 AM

Sounds like yer some 'keeper. Get yerself along to East Mains, either that or a career on the stage beckons.

:greengrin

liamh2202
27-05-2015, 11:07 AM
Sounds like yer some 'keeper. Get yerself along to East Mains, either that or a career on the stage beckons.

:greengrin

Career as armchair goalkeeper I think

JimBHibees
27-05-2015, 11:11 AM

Disagree again his positioning was pretty good (round about the edge of the 6 yard box) and if he was on the line his positioning would have been completely wrong for a shot of that distance as he would have then struggled to get any shot into a corner. To me it was a freak shot which dipped after the ball had gone over the keeper making it pretty unsaveable.

Brooster
27-05-2015, 11:12 AM
Career as armchair goalkeeper I think

Could I not get your job of resident pest?

JimBHibees
27-05-2015, 11:12 AM
You probably would have because bad positioning would have had you on your line..unfortunately as a goalkeeper there are so many things you need to be prepared for.. In my view he was positioned correctly so he could react to a shot and also a through pass.. Unfortunately he has been beaten by a wonder strike. No professional keeper would have been on his line at that point

Completely agree.

liamh2202
27-05-2015, 11:14 AM
Could I not get your job of resident pest?

Nah I'm far too good at it to be ousted ;)

bringbackbenny
27-05-2015, 12:03 PM

Yup, agree 100%. In his last season at Hibs 96/97 (season before we got relegated) Leighton was outstanding for the majority. IIRC he and Darren Jackson almost single handedly kept us up.

Allant1981
27-05-2015, 04:00 PM

I kno football is all about opinions but cant see how you think colgan was a better keeper than leighton, leighton is one of the best keepers to have played in this country, nick colgan isnt even anywhere near the best hibs keeper in the last 20 years

liamh2202
27-05-2015, 04:05 PM
I kno football is all about opinions but cant see how you think colgan was a better keeper than leighton, leighton is one of the best keepers to have played in this country, nick colgan isnt even anywhere near the best hibs keeper in the last 20 years

Really? Who would you say was better than Colgan? And yes it is about opinions so good job you don't have to see where I'm coming from ;)

kaimendhibs
27-05-2015, 05:44 PM
Leighton was a terrific keeper for us, top notch. Colgan was a great goalie too but used to drive me nuts with the time he took to distribute the ball. He never hurried even when we were chasing a game.

Allant1981
27-05-2015, 05:44 PM
Really? Who would you say was better than Colgan? And yes it is about opinions so good job you don't have to see where I'm coming from ;)

stack, williams, andersson, leighton are better keepers IMO

SquashedFrogg
27-05-2015, 06:02 PM

I'll give you 2 from that list but Williams and Stack? Seriously? I'm wondering how far we have to go back? I think the point many are making is that he's actually been reliable and good for us this season. As a 24 year old on loan I think he's conducted himself well, had no major clangers (god we've been subjected to many in recent years!) and given our team a solid base.

Maybe we can do better? But from what I've seen in the last 30 years I don't think many of the comments on here are justified.

liamh2202
27-05-2015, 06:02 PM

Interesting.

liamh2202
27-05-2015, 06:04 PM
Leighton was a terrific keeper for us, top notch. Colgan was a great goalie too but used to drive me nuts with the time he took to distribute the ball. He never hurried even when we were chasing a game.

Yeh I watch a lot of videos from that era and John Park and Ian Westwater used to make us study the first team players in our position during the game.. This was one thing that frustrated me also. He never hurried.. A bit like Oxley actually

Allant1981
27-05-2015, 06:06 PM
I'll give you 2 from that list but Williams and Stack? Seriously? I'm wondering how far we have to go back? I think the point many are making is that he's actually been reliable and good for us this season. As a 24 year old on loan I think he's conducted himself well, had no major clangers (god we've been subjected to many in recent years!) and given our team a solid base.

Maybe we can do better? But from what I've seen in the last 30 years I don't think many of the comments on here are justified.

I like oxley so not saying anything against him, and yes i think williams amd stack were better keepers than colgan

SquashedFrogg
27-05-2015, 06:10 PM
I like oxley so not saying anything against him, and yes i think williams amd stack were better keepers than colgan

My apologies, I thought you were comparing them all against Oxely. Doh!

Sorry mate, that'll teach me (again) to jump in mid-discussion...

The_Horde
25-07-2015, 01:10 PM
Not good enough. Not the only one, but not good enough.

Smartie
25-07-2015, 01:15 PM
If he's looking for a lift to Sheffield…...

Heisenberg
25-07-2015, 01:23 PM
He wasn't good enough last season and he isn't good enough now.

My_Wife_Camille
25-07-2015, 01:31 PM
I stand by my opinion. Poor goalkeeper.

BoomtownHibees
25-07-2015, 01:32 PM
Should never had re-signed him

Thecat23
25-07-2015, 01:33 PM
He's ****ing awful yet some on here will still say he's good 😩

Pretty Boy
25-07-2015, 01:35 PM
I've defended him but utter garbage today.

Kick out for the 2nd goal was poor. 3rd and 4th goals? I've seen keepers in the Sunday leagues who look like their warm up consists of 2 Lambert & Butler, a can of lager and last night's left over kebab who would be disappointed to lose goals like that.

hibee_girl
25-07-2015, 01:35 PM
He wasn't good enough last season and he isn't good enough now.

Exactly.

Hope Stubbs benches him next week

Ozyhibby
25-07-2015, 01:39 PM
Oxley is a clown comparable with Makalamby and Zibbi.

Pretty Boy
25-07-2015, 01:40 PM
Exactly.

Hope Stubbs benches him next week

A certainty I'd think. Reguero was always likely to start in the LC imo.

If he does well I'd give him the gloves.

jacomo
I've defended him but utter garbage today.

Kick out for the 2nd goal was poor. 3rd and 4th goals? I've seen keepers in the Sunday leagues who look like their warm up consists of 2 Lambert & Butler, a can of lager and last night's left over kebab who would be disappointed to lose goals like that.

:agree:

Not writing any of our players off after what's been a challenging week, but FFS. Utter mince today from Oxley, he will know it too.

lionrampant63
For the size of him,im baffled at his lack of confidence to command his area.He wasnt helped by some comedy defending today at times,but if he is the best we can get its worrying.We have too many guys who dont want the ball just after we concede a goal as well !

BoomtownHibees
25-07-2015, 01:41 PM
:agree:

Not writing any of our players off after what's been a challenging week, but FFS. Utter mince today from Oxley, he will know it too.

No just today. He was like that last year as well. Could count on one hand how many saves he actually made all season

hibee_girl
25-07-2015, 01:41 PM
A certainty I'd think. Reguero was always likely to start in the LC imo.

If he does well I'd give him the gloves.

Well he never gave Cerny a chance so you never know

My_Wife_Camille
25-07-2015, 01:43 PM
He's ****ing awful yet some on here will still say he's good 😩

Agreed TC23. I was getting pelters earlier on in the thread for saying exactly that. I still stand by that he was poor for us last season and I didn't want him back. He has a lot of convincing to do

Brooster
25-07-2015, 01:48 PM
Horrendous display of goalkeeping.

tamig
25-07-2015, 01:54 PM
Agreed TC23. I was getting pelters earlier on in the thread for saying exactly that. I still stand by that he was poor for us last season and I didn't want him back. He has a lot of convincing to do

That's the spirit. Well done you for being proved right.

Leith Green
25-07-2015, 01:55 PM
I ll be perfectly honest, he is absolutly awful... As well as the boy struck the free kick, i thought Oxleys positioning of his wall was way out. I said it to my mate before he hit the free kick.. Wtf was he playing at for their 3rd?? The 4th was questionable but the fact there was no Hibs player anywhere near the hun on the edge of the box probably had Oxley baffled as well.

nowhere near a good enough keeper, and could end up being what undoes Stubbs if we dont go up..!

Heisenberg
25-07-2015, 01:57 PM
Horrendous display of goalkeeping.

He flaps at crosses. His hands are weak and if the ball doesn't go through them it'll be palmed out for a tap in. He also can't handle a shot from range, no movement in his feet, just jumps up and chucks a glove at it. Absolutely horrendous.

My_Wife_Camille
25-07-2015, 02:03 PM

Was expecting this response to be fair. To clarify, I'm not bragging about being right. In fact, Oxley might go on to have a great season and if he's going to he our first choice keeper then I hope to god he does. I am simply standing by my opinion that he's not good enough and today's game is another example of why.

Thecat23
25-07-2015, 02:06 PM

Well we do brag about Scott Allan and how good he was last season. So why not point out our frailties?

Right or wrong Mark Oxley is a bad keeper! He's not good in any way, I can't believe he's our No.1

Thecat23
25-07-2015, 02:06 PM
Was expecting this response to be fair. To clarify, I'm not bragging about being right. In fact, Oxley might go on to have a great season and if he's going to he our first choice keeper then I hope to god he does. I am simply standing by my opinion that he's not good enough and today's game is another example of why.

Exactly my thought. Very worrying!!

DTS
25-07-2015, 02:09 PM
Second goal came from a horrible kick out from him, 3rd is unbelievablely bad goalkeeping, the 4th goal how he hasn't got to it when he's only a yard of his line baffles me and imo the 5th goal the only thing that the rangers player could do was to cut it back but he stayed stuck to his line and disnt anticipate the cross! Absolutely horrendous from oxley today

bigwheel
25-07-2015, 02:13 PM
I ll be perfectly honest, he is absolutly awful... As well as the boy struck the free kick, i thought Oxleys positioning of his wall was way out. I said it to my mate before he hit the free kick.. Wtf was he playing at for their 3rd?? The 4th was questionable but the fact there was no Hibs player anywhere near the hun on the edge of the box probably had Oxley baffled as well.

nowhere near a good enough keeper, and could end up being what undoes Stubbs if we dont go up..!

There was a debate before he signed when a number including me, were calling out his shot / save ratio as one of the worst in the league last year - maybe even the worst....I actually can't recall him making a single save today...his distribution is excellent, but in the critical part, stopping goals - he is as bad as we have had in the last twenty years - and that is a low benchmark! As a defender it must be murder playing in front of him..knowing that if someone gets passed you, it's likely to be a goal.

To keep the balance though - he was not helped at all by the defensive unit in front of him...it's not a unit that can win the league.

Brightside
25-07-2015, 02:24 PM
Well we do brag about Scott Allan and how good he was last season. So why not point out our frailties?

Right or wrong Mark Oxley is a bad keeper! He's not good in any way, I can't believe he's our No.1

He really is rubbish and the defence have zero confidence in playing the ball back to him.

My_Wife_Camille
25-07-2015, 02:24 PM
There was a debate before he signed when a number including me, were calling out his shot / save ratio as one of the worst in the league last year - maybe even the worst....I actually can't recall him making a single save today...his distribution is excellent, but in the critical part, stopping goals - he is as bad as we have had in the last twenty years - and that is a low benchmark! As a defender it must be murder playing in front of him..knowing that if someone gets passed you, it's likely to be a goal.

To keep the balance though - he was not helped at all by the defensive unit in front of him...it's not a unit that can win the league.
According to BBC it was 6 goals from 6 shots on target

jdships
25-07-2015, 02:27 PM
Sorry to pick on one player but Oxley didn't look the part today
Am not reading too much into the defeat as with that young starting midfield it was always going to be a bit " dodgy"
Will be interesting to see what the midfield looks like in two/three weeks time
:flag:

The_Horde
25-07-2015, 02:28 PM

And well done you pointing it out. I bet you feel very important.

lucky
25-07-2015, 02:31 PM
He's not good enough but he was not the worst keeper on the pitch. Oxley will not win us many points this season but I don't think many thought he would though when signed

bigwheel
25-07-2015, 02:32 PM
He's not good enough but he was not the worst keeper on the pitch. Oxley will not win us many points this season but I don't think many thought he would though when signed

it's the points he will lose us that I'm worried about...not the ones he will win us - you're right thought, their keeper looks just as bad, and certainly not good with the ball at his feet. He did though sweep up after his defence well a couple of times!

bill the hibby
25-07-2015, 02:36 PM
Was never excited when oxley was signed up, thought if their was any position that could be filled with a better player, it was GK

MWHIBBIES
25-07-2015, 02:38 PM
Judging on todays game Fontaine is pish as well, everyone want him gone? Thought not.

BoomtownHibees
25-07-2015, 02:39 PM
Judging on todays game Fontaine is pish as well, everyone want him gone? Thought not.

The difference being Fontaine was one of our best, most consistent player last season. Was Oxley? Not even close.

Smartie
25-07-2015, 02:41 PM
The difference being Fontaine was one of our best, most consistent player last season. Was Oxley? Not even close.

Oxley was decent enough last season. Nothing special but decent enough and fairly consistent.

Unlike today when he was p!sh.

bigwheel
25-07-2015, 02:43 PM
Oxley was decent enough last season. Nothing special but decent enough and fairly consistent.

He was usually murder last season...and even worse today...

duffers
25-07-2015, 02:46 PM
May as well just get rid of all of them eh. I thought Fyvie and Martin looked interested. The rest nah. For me, David Gray was probably the worst player on the pitch, costing us more goals than Oxley. But looks like unfortunately for Oxley, he's going to be this years scape goat.

BoomtownHibees
25-07-2015, 02:48 PM

He was p!sh last season as well. Let's no kid ourselves on here

MWHIBBIES
25-07-2015, 02:50 PM
He was p!sh last season as well. Let's no kid ourselves on hereHe really wasn't but okay. If he was pish we wouldn't have signed him.

BoomtownHibees
25-07-2015, 02:51 PM
He really wasn't but okay. If he was pish we wouldn't have signed him.

Have we never signed pish players before like?

QMU-1875
25-07-2015, 02:55 PM
He's awful, it's worrying because I don't think Reguero is much better.

J-C
25-07-2015, 02:56 PM
Oxley is a backup nothing more, shouldn't be near our number 1.

The Leith Dutch
25-07-2015, 02:57 PM
He was usually murder last season...and even worse today...

Not a particularly huge Oxley fan as a keeper - though I think his distribution is usually excellent - but feel saying he was murder last season is a little strong.
32 conceded in 36 (p**h league I know) is hardly murder.

I'd prefer a better keeper but if we don't get up this season I reckon it won't be Oxley that's the issue.

The_Horde
25-07-2015, 02:57 PM
Oxley is a backup nothing more, shouldn't be near our number 1.

Was about to post the very same earlier on.

emerald green
25-07-2015, 02:59 PM

This time I agree with you MWC. Every goalkeeper makes mistakes, but his display today was awful. The Huns third goal was like something I've laughed at watching pub teams playing.

Whole team seemed to be sleeping in front of him right at the start of the second half to be fair. Amateurish. I thought his positioning for the fourth goal looked a bit iffy too.

Pretty Boy
25-07-2015, 03:00 PM
May as well just get rid of all of them eh. I thought Fyvie and Martin looked interested. The rest nah. For me, David Gray was probably the worst player on the pitch, costing us more goals than Oxley. But looks like unfortunately for Oxley, he's going to be this years scape goat.

No scapegoat for me.

However if he's going to play a part in 3 poor goals we conceded then as a keeper he's fair game for criticism.

emerald green
25-07-2015, 03:05 PM

It's not a question of making Oxley, or anyone else, a scapegoat. If a player is not doing his job properly, then he will be criticised.

If Oxley had pulled off a string of great saves today, and commanded his penalty box, he would be getting lots of praise.

The only redeeming feature for Oxley today was the defending in front of him was equally poor (putting it mildly).

sbell1875
25-07-2015, 03:08 PM
I was right in line with the 3rd goal and he was 100% to blame for the goal. It wasn't a great shot and it was right at him. How it's beat him is beyond me.

Add to that his apparent belief that his box only goes as far as the 6 yard box and I fear for us this season.

I'd 100% start with Reguero next week against Montrose.

tamig
25-07-2015, 03:08 PM

Away and do one. Just wondering why people feel the need to brag about what they said in the past. Oxley wasn't great today but the mob in front of him were worse imo. Not sure what Stubbs was doing with Hanlon - he looked like a box to box midfielder for a lot of the game and it left us far too exposed at the back.

Aritch
25-07-2015, 03:12 PM

And a further well done to you for pointing out the pointing out.

I can't even imagine the importance you must feel.

bill the hibby
25-07-2015, 03:29 PM
Oxley is horse ****

hibs0666
25-07-2015, 03:29 PM
No scapegoat for me.

However if he's going to play a part in 3 poor goals we conceded then as a keeper he's fair game for criticism.

The whole defence was horrible today. The third looked an own goal to me.

duffers
25-07-2015, 03:36 PM
No scapegoat for me.

I thought it was only really the 3rd he was at fault with.

HFC 0-7
25-07-2015, 03:43 PM
He doesn't look confident, he doesn't like coming off his line too much and for some he reason at every goal kick he takes an absolute age to take the kick!

Liberal Hibby
25-07-2015, 03:45 PM

Yup me too. The overreaction and scapegoating is unhelpful to say the least.

duffers
25-07-2015, 03:46 PM
It's not a question of making Oxley, or anyone else, a scapegoat. If a player is not doing his job properly, then he will be criticised.

If Oxley had pulled off a string of great saves today, and commanded his penalty box, he would be getting lots of praise.

The only redeeming feature for Oxley today was the defending in front of him was equally poor (putting it mildly).

My point exactly. As previously said, I think that's the worst game i've seen David Gray have. Brutal, and cost us a couple of goals. Hanlon, Fontaine, and Stevenson never exactly covered themselves in glory either.

Today was a bad day at the office, a very bad day. As a result, we are now out of the trophy that matters the least to us. However, before today, the majority would be happy with that back 5 (including oxley). lets get this game out the system, and start the season next Saturday. Oxley is our number 1 whether you like it or not. Getting on his back 1 game into the season isn't going to do anyone any good.

As an aside, their keeper looked p1sh.

Andy74
25-07-2015, 03:46 PM

Same here.

Pretty Boy
25-07-2015, 03:47 PM

His kicking for the 2nd was poor, normally the strongest part if his game. Hanlon and Stevenson hardly covered themselves in glory either.

The 4th he should be doing better. It's a floated shot, centre of the goal and he's a yard of his line. He seemed to react really slowly and didn't have time to move his feet at all. Again not denying the player should have been closed down.

LaMotta
25-07-2015, 03:49 PM
And a further well done to you for pointing out the pointing out.

I can't even imagine the importance you must feel.

And an another well done to you for pointing out the pointing out of the pointing out.

And before anyone points out to me that im pointing out the pointing out the pointing out of the pointing out, dont bother pointing it out!

hibs0666
25-07-2015, 03:49 PM
Same here.

Third was an own goal. As a team we were miles off the action.

The_Horde
25-07-2015, 04:00 PM
His kicking for the 2nd was poor, normally the strongest part if his game. Hanlon and Stevenson hardly covered themselves in glory either.

The 4th he should be doing better. It's a floated shot, centre of the goal and he's a yard of his line. He seemed to react really slowly and didn't have time to move his feet at all. Again not denying the player should have been closed down.

This. And it's not the first time, how many high shots has he failed to get to?

lucky
25-07-2015, 04:03 PM
He's not this seasons scapegoat he just crap

emerald green
25-07-2015, 04:03 PM
My point exactly. As previously said, I think that's the worst game i've seen David Gray have. Brutal, and cost us a couple of goals. Hanlon, Fontaine, and Stevenson never exactly covered themselves in glory either.

Today was a bad day at the office, a very bad day. As a result, we are now out of the trophy that matters the least to us. However, before today, the majority would be happy with that back 5 (including oxley). lets get this game out the system, and start the season next Saturday. Oxley is our number 1 whether you like it or not. Getting on his back 1 game into the season isn't going to do anyone any good.

As an aside, their keeper looked p1sh.

Fair enough, but the bit in bold is what worries me. I don't like it! Overall, I just don't think he is that good a goalkeeper.

The way he allowed the 3rd goal in was just really awful, especially at such a crucial point in the game (any game). Even though the defending, as a team, was poor, he must keep that shot out. I suspect even the Orcs behind his goal were surprised when they saw that ending up in the net. It basically meant the game was over as a contest. Hibs were never then going to turn that around to 4-3.

I think he should have saved their fourth goal too.

The_Horde
25-07-2015, 04:05 PM
On a positive note he's not half as dodgy as the huns goalie..

bingo70
25-07-2015, 04:06 PM
He's not this seasons scapegoat he just crap

Agree, he never saves anything!

emerald green
25-07-2015, 04:08 PM

What did he do wrong today?

Springbank
25-07-2015, 04:10 PM

Then you need to look at the crucial goal again.
Which one? Here's the clue
We had just pulled back to 3-2 having missed a load of chances, half an hour to play.
Oxley got chipped from distance again. 2-4.

That is about positioning and concentration, just as the first and third were.

Springbank
25-07-2015, 04:12 PM

Kicked the ball into touch repeatedly, took too many touches, offered us three gifts

STANTON blew one
STEVENSON another and the third saw Martins run end with Lewis Allan blasting high and wide

He was santa
But we were shot shy

truehibernian
25-07-2015, 04:14 PM

Was wondering when someone would note this - he looks horrendous. If we had been more clinical he'd have been responsible for 3 goals through unforced errors.

Oxley at fault for second (kick to Lewy never on - he also did it under no pressure at 5-2 as well which infuriated) and third for me.

Team responsible for all 6 though - all easy to prevent for me.

Pretty Boy
25-07-2015, 04:14 PM

Stanton strike went right through him. Good shot but keeper should be saving it. His kicking was horrific as well, caught on the ball in the 1st half when if Stanton had a right foot we could well have scored and his 1st touch in the 1st 2nd half was to pass the ball straight out the park.

wookie70
25-07-2015, 04:17 PM
His saves to goals conceded record must be unbelievably bad. Practically every decent shot on target seems to go in and it is unusual to actually say - good save when he is between the sticks. I wonder if his positioning or agility or anticipation are so bad that he gets nowhere near shots and seems to avoid any major blame. I can't recall a keeper who makes so few saves in a Hib's jersey.

hibs0666
25-07-2015, 04:23 PM
His saves to goals conceded record must be unbelievably bad.

Prove it.

QMU-1875
25-07-2015, 04:25 PM
Prove it.

This has been done and it is pretty bad.

bingo70
25-07-2015, 04:26 PM
Prove it.

Oh ffs.

Is it not possible to have an opinion on a player without taking a notepad and working out stats or goals to shots ratios?

emerald green
25-07-2015, 04:28 PM
Kicked the ball into touch repeatedly, took too many touches, offered us three gifts

STANTON blew one
STEVENSON another and the third saw Martins run end with Lewis Allan blasting high and wide

He was santa
But we were shot shy

Fair enough, he got lucky a couple of times. A worrying and familiar story about Hibs players being unable to put the ball in the back of the net though.

Stanton strike went right through him. Good shot but keeper should be saving it. His kicking was horrific as well, caught on the ball in the 1st half when if Stanton had a right foot we could well have scored and his 1st touch in the 1st 2nd half was to pass the ball straight out the park.

Fair enough again, but I thought Stanton's shot was a good one and beat him all ends up. Maybe my eyes aren't what they once were!

tamig
25-07-2015, 04:34 PM
Oh ffs.

Is it not possible to have an opinion on a player without taking a notepad and working out stats or goals to shots ratios?

I think it'a fair point as the previous poster has mentioned the stats on a couple of occasions. Maybe he's a goalkeeping statto and has said stats to hand. I'd be interested to hear the results as it's just not fair coming out with stuff like that with no back up.

The_Horde
Prove it.

Deary, Deary me. It's been proven before, probably in this very thread.

Ozyhibby
Prove it.

http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/hearts/314157-how-hearts-brushed-aside-the-competiton-to-win-the-scottish-championship/

Boyle89
25-07-2015, 04:36 PM
His saves to goals conceded record must be unbelievably bad. Practically every decent shot on target seems to go in and it is unusual to actually say - good save when he is between the sticks. I wonder if his positioning or agility or anticipation are so bad that he gets nowhere near shots and seems to avoid any major blame. I can't recall a keeper who makes so few saves in a Hib's jersey.

Yet maka had the best save percentage at one point in the top league so it doesn't really count for much. In saying that oxley was at fault (or partly) for a good few goals today. Poor kick for the second. Third goal, well the less said about that the better really.. Fourth was off his line in no mans land. Poor show from the back 5/6 today. Hope Stubbs bollocks them at training.

On a seperate note. We've had 2 international defenders and Stubbs as managers recently but our defence is still pish!!!

tamig
25-07-2015, 04:42 PM
http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/hearts/314157-how-hearts-brushed-aside-the-competiton-to-win-the-scottish-championship/

Only thing I can see in that that's relevant is Hibs allowed the opposition an average of 7 glimpses of goal a game - whatever that means. Where's the stats that are being asked for - nothing there unless I've totally missed something?

Berwickhibby
25-07-2015, 05:12 PM
Oxley's performance was almost Zibbyesqe.... Responsible for at least 3 of the goals in my opinion. I cannot recall him making a save or collecting a cross........ P!ss poor

Hibernia&Alba
25-07-2015, 05:26 PM
Oxley's performance was almost Zibbyesqe.... Responsible for at least 3 of the goals in my opinion. I cannot recall him making a save or collecting a cross........ P!ss poor

He was like a drunk trying to catch a beach ball in a gale. Shocking.

SquashedFrogg
25-07-2015, 05:29 PM
He was like a drunk trying to catch a beach ball in a gale. Shocking.

:rolleyes:

archiebald
25-07-2015, 05:31 PM

He is so awful ....it's not true....stuck to the line...pure crap