PDA

View Full Version : Leeann Dempster

The Godfather
24-05-2015, 03:16 PM
I think this lady has shown amazing class and brilliant leadership this season. From a business sense and also she has got the club and the fans back on a more solid footing. Big decisions, she got rid of Butcher she hired Stubbs. However, it is the engaging with fans that I have been most impressed with.

Yesterday after the game (a while after FT) seemingly she come outside the main stand to see the kids waiting on autographs etc, she took them all inside then gave them balls, let them play on the pitch and also sorted out mementos (training tops etc). I really think we have one classy, intelligent and determind lady leading this club forward.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-05-2015, 03:19 PM
Nice touch on a bad day for the club.

Pete
24-05-2015, 03:20 PM
Fantastic. Anyone who says that nothing has changed is wrong.

blackpoolhibs
24-05-2015, 03:22 PM
Great story, :top marks although Petrie will be taking that money out here wages.

Scouse Hibee
24-05-2015, 03:26 PM
I think this lady has shown amazing class and brilliant leadership this season. From a business sense and also she has got the club and the fans back on a more solid footing. Big decisions, she got rid of Butcher she hired Stubbs. However, it is the engaging with fans that I have been most impressed with.

Yesterday after the game (a while after FT) seemingly she come outside the main stand to see the kids waiting on autographs etc, she took them all inside then gave them balls, let them play on the pitch and also sorted out mementos (training tops etc). I really think we have one classy, intelligent and determind lady leading this club forward.

Great story, just wish those that keep quoting Petrie as a reason for their absence would wake up to the new regime.

MB62
24-05-2015, 03:27 PM

:agree: :top marks :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Godsahibby
24-05-2015, 03:28 PM
She spent most of the 2nd half standing behind the dugouts and not in the directors box

jacomo
24-05-2015, 03:38 PM
She spent most of the 2nd half standing behind the dugouts and not in the directors box

Why? I think she's doing a fine job overall, but I'm not sure how her being near the dug out really helps.

Godsahibby
24-05-2015, 03:41 PM
Why? I think she's doing a fine job overall, but I'm not sure how her being near the dug out really helps.

I never thought to ask her that, just more of an observation. Im guessing by the way she was watching the game like most of us it was hard to kept sat in a seat!

To be fair though, watching her it was clear that she cares a lot

liamh2202
24-05-2015, 03:42 PM

I doubt it makes any difference either way.

Heisenberg
24-05-2015, 03:45 PM
She likes to be close to the pitch/action. Did the same at Motherwell.

Ozyhibby
24-05-2015, 04:48 PM
Great story, just wish those that keep quoting Petrie as a reason for their absence would wake up to the new regime.

Going by the crowd at last seasons play off game and this seasons, I would say there are a lot more of them than people on here like to acknowledge.

Northernhibee
24-05-2015, 04:49 PM
Fantastic touch, really think she's the right person to have at our club.

24-05-2015, 04:50 PM
Brilliant from her! I really believe she's the person to take us forward. Not afraid to make the big decisions and has really made the club a more community based club. She has the right idea for the club and really wants to get the fans involved as much as possible

Carheenlea
24-05-2015, 04:52 PM
Going by the crowd at last seasons play off game and this seasons, I would say there are a lot more of them than people on here like to acknowledge.

Well, they need to have a good look at themselves and ask if they are Hibs supporters or not.

blackpoolhibs
24-05-2015, 04:57 PM
Well, they need to have a good look at themselves and ask if they are Hibs supporters or not.

Quality, i can just see it now, all those folk who did not go yesterday giving themselves a huge ticking off. :faf:

Ozyhibby
24-05-2015, 05:14 PM

I don't think blaming the customers would be the right approach for the board to take.

marinello59
24-05-2015, 05:18 PM

It's a nice story but you seem to have a serious crush going on there. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
24-05-2015, 05:18 PM
I don't think blaming the customers would be the right approach for the board to take.

I have just sent myself to bed.

Kaiserclem
24-05-2015, 05:28 PM
Dempster has been great so far. Little things like what she has done there with the kids is a massive difference. Yes, the training tops etc. would probably get binned as season end stuff but a great gesture to our club fans. The doubters of her so far are so wrong it's uneal. She is trying to unite us, which is an embarrassment to be honest as we should be able to do it ourselves.

Pete
24-05-2015, 05:32 PM

Customers.

Aaaargh!!

tamig
24-05-2015, 05:33 PM

I think it's reasonable to assume a fair few of the missing crowd didn't fancy our chances after the first leg.

Thief
24-05-2015, 05:35 PM
I was at a table in the 1875 suite with my 2 sons, and apart from 3 large sponsors tables, were almost the last to leave.
Leeann came over with a general enquiry as to how the event had gone, and immediately pulled up a chair and had a chat with us.
I was struck by how friendly, honest and forthright she was and pleasantly surprised with the amount of time she spent with us.
I appreciate that some may say that that is part of her responsibilities, but I really felt it was above and beyond and she really made the 3 of us feel special.
A nice touch :-)

Soldiersteve
24-05-2015, 05:36 PM
She didn't want to sit close to a convicted tax dodger!

Ozyhibby
24-05-2015, 05:41 PM
I have just sent myself to bed.

Not before you have had a long hard look at yourself in the mirror, you don't.

Carheenlea
24-05-2015, 05:44 PM
Dempster has been great so far. Little things like what she has done there with the kids is a massive difference. Yes, the training tops etc. would probably get binned as season end stuff but a great gesture to our club fans. The doubters of her so far are so wrong it's uneal. She is trying to unite us, which is an embarrassment to be honest as we should be able to do it ourselves.

She has been a terrific appointment and someone who will hopefully be here for a few years to come.

Alfred E Newman
24-05-2015, 06:25 PM
Quality, i can just see it now, all those folk who did not go yesterday giving themselves a huge ticking off. :faf:

They won't because they probably aren't that bothered.

weonlywon6-2
24-05-2015, 06:26 PM
It's taking time, but Hibs are on the right track and Leanne has a lot do do with that

JimBHibees
24-05-2015, 06:27 PM

That is brilliant and a great reminder of how we are improving as a club. The kids will remember that for the rest of their lives. Hibs class.

Baader
24-05-2015, 06:35 PM
Must remember the mess this club was in 12 months ago after years of mismanagement. Doing a very good job.

bobbyhibs1983
24-05-2015, 06:45 PM
It's a nice story but you seem to have a serious crush going on there. :greengrin

would be guilty of that too if im honest, though to be fair a crush on leanne and not
the godfather(sorry:greengrin)

and for blackpoolhibs im sure he will look in the mirror when he s in bed as im sure he has mirrored ceiling!!!:na na:

NAE NOOKIE
24-05-2015, 07:16 PM

I tend to agree with you more often than not Blackpool, but I cant see anything to laugh about in a situation where fans didn't feel motivated to support the club in what was a huge game for us ... I for one find it very worrying and I dare say the club does too. If that lack of desire to back the team was caused by Petrie still being at the club then I cant understand that at all ....... I have suffered over the last 7 years same as everybody else and drove 40 miles to attend the Petrie out rally, I still think the final piece of the jigsaw would be for him to be gone. But to use Petrie as a reason not to support Hibs on Saturday ...... all I can say to that is .......... Pathetic.

As it is I don't believe for a second more than a handful of fans were influenced by that, but if the reason was that we were 2 - 0 down or that 'Hibs always bottle it' or that we have been rubbish since 2007 then IMO your claim to be a Hibs fan is pretty well paper thin and you have chosen to ignore the clear difference Leeann Dempster and Allan Stubbs have made on and off the park.

Nobody who is withholding their support for the club until we are guaranteed Premiership football can be described as a glory hunter .... The tag fair weather fan is pretty apt though.

Oh ..... To the OP .... She is doing a brilliant job in my opinion.

jacomo
24-05-2015, 07:17 PM

:thumbsup:

Forgot that guy was a guest of ours yesterday. Makes complete sense now

silverhibee
24-05-2015, 07:21 PM

She used to do this at Motherwell too.

silverhibee
24-05-2015, 07:23 PM

When did this happen to Rod. :wink:

Argylehibby
24-05-2015, 09:19 PM
I tend to agree with you more often than not Blackpool, but I cant see anything to laugh about in a situation where fans didn't feel motivated to support the club in what was a huge game for us ... I for one find it very worrying and I dare say the club does too. If that lack of desire to back the team was caused by Petrie still being at the club then I cant understand that at all ....... I have suffered over the last 7 years same as everybody else and drove 40 miles to attend the Petrie out rally, I still think the final piece of the jigsaw would be for him to be gone. But to use Petrie as a reason not to support Hibs on Saturday ...... all I can say to that is .......... Pathetic.

As it is I don't believe for a second more than a handful of fans were influenced by that, but if the reason was that we were 2 - 0 down or that 'Hibs always bottle it' or that we have been rubbish since 2007 then IMO your claim to be a Hibs fan is pretty well paper thin and you have chosen to ignore the clear difference Leeann Dempster and Allan Stubbs have made on and off the park.

Nobody who is withholding their support for the club until we are guaranteed Premiership football can be described as a glory hunter .... The tag fair weather fan is pretty apt though.

:top marks

The Godfather
24-05-2015, 09:22 PM

If she overseas us winning promotion and the scottish cup, I will divorce the wife and confess my undying love for her whilst on a bended knee offering her my grandmothers engagement ring 😂😂

bigwheel
24-05-2015, 09:25 PM
If she overseas us winning promotion and the scottish cup, I will divorce the wife and confess my undying love for her whilst on a bended knee offering her my grandmothers engagement ring [emoji23][emoji23]

I think you'd need to be the "godmother" for that to work with LD.....She is doing a strong job though good first year report card - real passion for community connection - it's so important for our club....

emerald green
24-05-2015, 09:48 PM
LD has been like a breath of fresh air at this club. Well done, and thanks Leeann.

I just wish more lapsed supporters would return to ER and thereby help her with the finances needed to keep improving the playing squad.

blackpoolhibs
24-05-2015, 09:59 PM

I was not laughing at that, i am laughing at those getting their knickers in a twist about how those who did not turn up might be feeling.

I mean ffs come on, what does it matter to anyone how i feel after yesterday or even my mate who did not go? I think he's just as gutted as i am we are still in the championship, he's been to more games than me?

Uberfan i am not, but id say everyone who's a Hibs fan will be hurting.

Do we really need to know who's hurting the most? :faf:

CiscoKid
24-05-2015, 10:01 PM

Great post, Leaann Dempster is doing a great job but she also really depends on others to help drive the club forward, not least the fans, great support for those who were there on Saturday but there should have been more and I think those not turning up let her down after her decision to keep more tickets for us.

Bearders
25-05-2015, 12:19 AM
I think you'd need to be the "godmother" for that to work with LD.....She is doing a strong job though good first year report card - real passion for community connection - it's so important for our club....

Has anyone asked LD where she used to hold a season ticket.............. perhaps lessons learnt ??

FromTheCapital
25-05-2015, 01:08 AM
Fantastic. Anyone who says that nothing has changed is wrong.

This. I've argued with many folk saying this season is all for nothing. As Stubbs said, compare the fans reaction to the defeat against Hamilton and compare it to yesterday and you'll see how far we've came.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bay Area Hibees
25-05-2015, 03:23 AM
We are lucky to have her.
i emailed her with some questions and she's always replied thoughtfully.
she has a clear vision for the club and WILL implement it.
please keep this positive support and atmosphere going.
we can win the title next year.

Steve20
25-05-2015, 04:50 AM
Must remember the mess this club was in 12 months ago after years of mismanagement. Doing a very good job.

We're still a second tier club.

Hiber-nation
25-05-2015, 06:00 AM

And you never tire of reminder everyone. What a miserable git you are.

weonlywon6-2
25-05-2015, 06:03 AM

Is every room in your house grey?

Argylehibby
25-05-2015, 08:21 AM
Is every room in your house grey?

maroon I reckon.

Gerard
25-05-2015, 08:52 AM
12 months ago our club was a massive mess in many ways. Today we have a very capable CEO and HC. We also have a chance through HSL to buy a share in our club and to buy shares directly in our club. I look forward to winning promotion next year and perhaps other silverware. We were very unlucky not to be in the final of the SC and to be playing Motherwell in the play offs:wink:

AndyM_1875
25-05-2015, 08:54 AM

One which has been completely restructured in 12 months from a shambling insular wreck which had stagnated to standstill and was deservedly relegated into the club we have today which is being delivered to it's fans. The job is far from complete but Leeann Dempster is the best and most able person we could have to lead the club forward.

As for fans not attending, nobody can be forced to go to Hibs. You either go or you don't and it's a matter of choice. If some fans choose not to go that's their decision but please don't trot out tired old clichés about Petrie cos like that mob we beat on Saturday, it just doesn't wash.

nellio
25-05-2015, 09:00 AM

This is exactly right. Considering what she walked into she has done a phenomenal job

FranckSuzy
25-05-2015, 09:05 AM
One which has been completely restructured in 12 months from a shambling insular wreck which had stagnated to standstill and was deservedly relegated into the club we have today which is being delivered to it's fans. The job is far from complete but Leeann Dempster is the best and most able person we could have to lead the club forward.

As for fans not attending, nobody can be forced to go to Hibs. You either go or you don't and it's a matter of choice. If some fans choose not to go that's their decision but please don't trot out tired old clichés about Petrie cos like that mob we beat on Saturday, it just doesn't wash.

Great post.

PatHead
25-05-2015, 11:29 AM
Best signing we made last summer.

Sudds_1
25-05-2015, 11:42 AM
A friend of mine put an interesting perspective on it after Saturdays game............basically its not a great issue for us at present in staying where we are:

- we're not gonna win the SPL;
- we're not gonna secure a Euro spot;
- we'll still be in the SC and other cup competitions.;
- Outside Celtc, Yams and Aberdeen SPSL standard is largely the same over the piece.

On balance (and notwithstanding the revenue implications (which are relevant in the longer term|) we can take another season to consolidate the good work thats going on behind the scenes and re-establish the core of the club as well restoring supporters faith in the club and its ambitions. And maybe enjoying our footy again?

Have to say , finance aside (and perhaps the absence of a derby game) not a lot wrong with that logic (for next season anyway) :agree::flag:

Waxy
25-05-2015, 11:53 AM
The championship will most likely be more exciting than the premier.Give it to celtic now.Rangers and yams will be bottom six.

marinello59
25-05-2015, 12:07 PM
A friend of mine put an interesting perspective on it after Saturdays game............basically its not a great issue for us at present in staying where we are:

- Outside Celtc, Yams and Aberdeen SPSL standard is largely the same over the piece.

On balance (and notwithstanding the revenue implications (which are relevant in the longer term|) we can take another season to consolidate the good work thats going on behind the scenes and re-establish the core of the club as well restoring supporters faith in the club and its ambitions. And maybe enjoying our footy again?

Have to say , finance aside (and perhaps the absence of a derby game) not a lot wrong with that logic (for next season anyway) :agree::flag:

I think it is a huge issue to be staying down and I would hope that when we return to the top flight we are challenging at the top end of the table with a Euro spot as a minimum target. I appreciate that you are trying to pick out the positives but there is nothing positive about remaining a lower league club.

Turkish Green
25-05-2015, 12:17 PM
I came on this forum originally to join the Petrie Out protest. My position on RP hasn't changed but but in Leeann I believe he has found a gem even if she thought she was joining a Premiership club when she signed her contract.

We supporters do not need a lot to win us over, just some good honest PR and that we see that our management does care for the club like we do.

Sudds_1
25-05-2015, 12:22 PM
I think it is a huge issue to be staying down and I would hope that when we return to the top flight we are challenging at the top end of the table with a Euro spot as a minimum target. I appreciate that you are trying to pick out the positives but there is nothing positive about remaining a lower league club.

Nope, I agree entirely with that.............the point being made is that in the short term it may actually help rather than hinder us. :agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-05-2015, 12:35 PM

Is this a wind up?

Eyrie
25-05-2015, 06:23 PM

If the top division is that weak (and I wouldn't anoint the Yams just yet) then there is no reason why a promoted Hibs team couldn't have challenged for a European spot next season.

Personally I think we'd have finished in the top six, but since we're stuck in the second tier then we need to win our division as well as have good cup runs next year.