PDA

View Full Version : Keep or let go?

Diclonius
23-05-2015, 08:14 PM
I'm aware some players will be out of contract and probably leaving anyway but who in the current squad would you want to retain or be happy to see go for next season?

Oxley - Leave - too inconsistent, we could probably get better.
Gray - Keep - must be captain next season.
Hanlon - Keep
Fontaine - Keep
Forster - Keep
Harris - Unsure - doesn't look to have impressed for Dundee, not sure if worth keeping on.
Robertson - Keep - vastly improved this season and one of our key players.
El Alagui - Keep
Craig - Leave - whilst he has shown glimpses of the player he was at St Johnstone, it hasn't been often enough and he's probably one of our higher earners.
Stanton - Unsure - don't think he's delivered on the promise he showed last season.
Stevenson - Keep
Boyle - Keep - our only player with pace.
Watson - Leave - hasn't impressed and woud probably ask for fairly high wages considering he'd be backup to Gray.
Handling - Leave - has had very few good games in a Hibs shirt IMO, sorry.
Allan - Keep - if we hold on to this guy for next season then we can book our place in the 16-17 Premiership.
Fyvie - Keep - class act.
McGeouch - Keep - see above.
Malonga - Keep - he has shown that there is an excellent player in there. He wouldn't be at us if he wasn't inconsistent.
Dja Djedje - Leave - hasn't impressed.
Cerny - Keep - did well at Hamilton and could be our first choice next season.
Cummings - Keep

What do you guys think?

hibee_girl
23-05-2015, 08:18 PM
Fontaine is an absolute must imo. Handling won't be going anywhere unless a bid comes in which is doubtful imo.

I'd keep Djedje as I like the look of him and I wouldn't be against keeping Craig.

I'd be happy to see Oxley go, he infuriates me. Not too bothered about McGeough due to his injury issues.

madhatter
23-05-2015, 08:20 PM
I'm aware some players will be out of contract and probably leaving anyway but who in the current squad would you want to retain or be happy to see go for next season?

Hanlon - Keep
Fontaine - Keep
Forster - Keep
Harris - Unsure - doesn't look to have impressed for Dundee, not sure if worth keeping on.
El Alagui - Keep
Craig - Leave - whilst he has shown glimpses of the player he was at St Johnstone, it hasn't been often enough and he's probably one of our higher earners.
Stanton - Unsure - don't think he's delivered on the promise he showed last season.
Stevenson - Keep
Watson - Leave - hasn't impressed and woud probably ask for fairly high wages considering he'd be backup to Gray.
Allan - Keep - if we hold on to this guy for next season then we can book our place in the 16-17 Premiership.
Malonga - Keep - he has shown that there is an excellent player in there. He wouldn't be at us if he wasn't inconsistent.
Cummings - Keep

What do you guys think?

Agree with most. I don't think should try to get Boyle though. Not done enough whilst on loan. McGeouch was only on loan so we probably won't keep. Sad fact is core of squad was good but we didn't have good enough squad in the end so I would expect some to move on anyway. Plus club really need to think about getting some youngsters playing 1st team next season, it'll bring them on leaps and bounds getting 1st team games.

Diclonius
23-05-2015, 08:21 PM
Agree with most. I don't think should try to get Boyle though. Not done enough whilst on loan. McGeouch was only on loan so we probably won't keep. Sad fact is core of squad was good but we didn't have good enough squad in the end so I would expect some to move on anyway. Plus club really need to think about getting some youngsters playing 1st team next season, it'll bring them on leaps and bounds getting 1st team games.

Boyle came on strong in the last couple months and single-handedly set us on our way to beating Falkirk. I'd give him a 1 year deal at least.

madhatter
23-05-2015, 08:24 PM
Boyle came on strong in the last couple months and single-handedly set us on our way to beating Falkirk. I'd give him a 1 year deal at least.

Personally still not sure about him. There is potential there but is he even out of contract at Dundee?

Jones28
23-05-2015, 08:30 PM
Why the back lash against oxley?

HappyAsHellas
23-05-2015, 08:32 PM
My thoughts are:

Oxley - Leave - too inconsistent, we have got better in Cerny.
Hanlon - Keep
Fontaine - Keep
Forster - Keep
Harris - keep, he's pacy and if the boo boys lay off him will be a good asset.
Robertson - unsure - gives away far too many stupid fouls in dangerous positions.
El Alagui - Keep - the only aerial threat we have as was proven again today, creates havoc wherever he goes.
Craig - Leave - if we keep Fyvie
Stanton - loaned out to a premier team he'll be an asset for the future.
Stevenson -Leave I'm afraid - he's been excellent this season but we need more of a threat than he offers going forward.
Boyle - Keep
Watson - Leave - bring in a youngster, they should be good enough for the championship.
Handling - Loan out - he is a tidy player but won't get a look in at present.
Allan - Keep - above all else he must stay to show ambition from the club.
Fyvie - Keep.
McGeouch - probably leave, injury prone and dimmed after a bright start.
Malonga - Keep and show JC how to hold up the ball and bring in other players.
Cerny - see Oxley.
Cummings - Keep - look forward to him getting better and stronger.

bingo70
23-05-2015, 08:36 PM

I'd give him a 1 year deal but I'd want him used as a squad player, I'm hoping for better in the first team.

I want us to play with two proper wingers next season, If they're Harris and Boyle then we're in bother imo.

HappyAsHellas
23-05-2015, 08:38 PM
I'd give him a 1 year deal but I'd want him used as a squad player, I'm hoping for better in the first team.

I want us to play with two proper wingers next season, If they're Harris and Boyle then we're in bother imo.

Boyle was instrumental in the game against the puddledrinkers and great against Falkirk as well - how do you think this would be disastrous?

bingo70
23-05-2015, 08:43 PM
Boyle was instrumental in the game against the puddledrinkers and great against Falkirk as well - how do you think this would be disastrous?

He's been here since January, I've made my opinion on him based on his time here and not got carried away with a couple of good performances.

Should point out, I didn't see his performances against falkirk and hearts, was on holiday for hearts game and don't go to away games. Happy to take your word for it he played well in those games though.

bingo70
23-05-2015, 08:47 PM
Boyle has tweeted this, reads like he'll not be signing permanently......"Would like to thank every @HibsOfficial members of staff, players & fans for the last 6 months. Learned a lot and gave it 100%. #Hibees⚽️👍🏼"

The_Exile
23-05-2015, 08:51 PM
Reckon Djedje and Malonga are offski, we should be doing everything we can to sign John Sutton IMO.

SquashedFrogg
23-05-2015, 08:57 PM
Re: Oxely

I feel he's been the most reliable, steady goalie we've had in a long time.

For the first time in a long time I never get nervous when a ball goes into our box.

For where we are and what we can pay, I think we should be happy to have him.

I'd be delighted if we could keep him.

My opinion.

Andy74
23-05-2015, 08:59 PM

For the first time in a long time I never get nervous when a ball goes into our box.

My opinion.

Mine too. Don't see the fuss about him. Doesn't make me worried at all which you can't say about most Hibs keepers in recent years!

heretoday
23-05-2015, 08:59 PM
We need someone to put the ball in the net.

IWASTHERE1902
23-05-2015, 09:04 PM
Why the back lash against oxley?

Not a backlash from me but I think we could get better. He's done a job this season but there must be better out there.

Bayern Bru
23-05-2015, 09:51 PM
If Hull go down, Oxley might well stay. They'll be looking to offload fringe players and there's two GKs ahead of him in pecking order - one a regular international.

Andy74
23-05-2015, 09:55 PM
If Hull go down, Oxley might well stay. They'll be looking to offload fringe players and there's two GKs ahead of him in pecking order - one a regular international.

He's out of contract anyway.

jacomo
23-05-2015, 10:00 PM
I think some of these decisions are now out of our hands. We might now be powerless to stop certain players leaving but I feel much more confident about our ability to build a competitive squad now we have good people and a good structure in place at the club.

high bee
23-05-2015, 10:02 PM

My opinion.

Opinions eh? Personally I crap myself every time the ball goes in the box. He constantly drops crosses and I don't think he is a good shot stopper.

I'd go a step further and say I think he lets in lots of shots that you'd expect him to save.

Im not anti-Oxley, I just think we should aim for someone better, he has great distribution and isn't Zibbi-esque with the awful errors. That being said just because we went through a few error prone keepers doesn't mean we should settle for some who isn't a bombscare.

mca
23-05-2015, 10:02 PM
Some of the Goal-Keepers we have had at Hibs.. And yet some Want Rid of Oxley..

Who would/Should you Replace Him With ???

high bee
23-05-2015, 10:06 PM

I just don't agree, it's like getting rid of Rod Petrie and replacing him with someone slightly less crap and saying I can't believe anyone would want to god rid of the new guy when we had to endure RP in the past.

mca
23-05-2015, 10:12 PM
I just don't agree, it's like getting rid of Rod Petrie and replacing him with someone slightly less crap and saying I can't believe anyone would want to god rid of the new guy when we had to endure RP in the past.

Who would you replace Petrie with ???

hibees 7062
23-05-2015, 10:20 PM

Who would/Should you Replace Him With ???

Cerny

Iceman1875
23-05-2015, 10:30 PM
Keep Cerny, gray, Stevenson, Fontaine, Hanlon, mcgeouch, fyvie, Allan and Cummings.

Ox, Watson, Boyle, Robertson, malonga and djedje happy to see leave tbh.

Unsure about Stanton, Harris and Farid.

Bring in another CB, LB, winger and two strikers.

I'd personally build a team around mcgeouch the lad is a class act.

At Easter Road we play...

CMac1988
23-05-2015, 10:31 PM
Opinions eh? Personally I crap myself every time the ball goes in the box. He constantly drops crosses and I don't think he is a good shot stopper.

I'd go a step further and say I think he lets in lots of shots that you'd expect him to save.

Im not anti-Oxley, I just think we should aim for someone better, he has great distribution and isn't Zibbi-esque with the awful errors. That being said just because we went through a few error prone keepers doesn't mean we should settle for some who isn't a bombscare.

:agree:

I like Oxley and like others have said he's been our best keeper in a while. But I think we have a better keeper in Cerny. Better shot stopper. Oxley's distribution is great though.

overdrive
23-05-2015, 11:06 PM
Not sure who is out of contract but the ones I wouldn't be too bothered if they stayed are:

Oxley. Never been impressed with him. Ben Williams was far superior.
Watson
Robertson
Fyvie - way too slow.
Stanton
Handling

Boyle came onto a game. I'd give him another go.
I'd also keep Craig. We play much better with him in the team.

wynnie1875
23-05-2015, 11:41 PM
Very strange that some folk want to get rid of Boyle and Malonga but keep Stevenson and Hanlon,

DH1875
23-05-2015, 11:49 PM
Guarantee you 100%, Frazer Fyvie wont be here next season. And I'll tell you what, I'm not to bothered about it.

MWHIBBIES
24-05-2015, 12:09 AM
Reckon Djedje and Malonga are offski, we should be doing everything we can to sign John Sutton IMO.Would rather keep Malonga, far far better player than Sutton.

MWHIBBIES
24-05-2015, 12:11 AM
Very strange that some folk want to get rid of Boyle and Malonga but keep Stevenson and Hanlon,Stevenson and Hanlon are both very good players, would get rid of Boyle long before either of them, it isn't even close.

Scouse Hibee
24-05-2015, 08:03 AM

I agree about the balls into the box, if only he would use his physique when coming for a ball and come with belief and take the feckun thing. Instead of his half arsed flappping/punching that he all too often reverts to. Other than that reasonably happy with him, a great organiser, very vocal too.

hibee_girl
24-05-2015, 08:29 AM

:agree: he worries me every time a ball comes into the box as he's either rooted to his line or he decides to come for it then changes his mind leaving him in no mans land. Plus he fumbles/punches the ball too often for my liking.

His time wasting antics annoy me too.

I do think he's a good shot stopper though :greengrin

allezsauzee
24-05-2015, 08:38 AM
Guarantee you 100%, Frazer Fyvie wont be here next season. And I'll tell you what, I'm not to bothered about it.

how do you know this and why are you not bothered?

ScottM1875
24-05-2015, 09:23 AM
Honestly, I don't think it would bother me if Scott Robertson was not offered a new contract, as long as we manage to bring in a holding midfielder, similar to the yams Gomis. I don't think Robbo is 100% confident in that role and it's cost us in some big games this season. I think we could source better.

DH1875
24-05-2015, 09:24 AM
how do you know this and why are you not bothered?

Frazer is a tidy player no doubt but honestly wouldn't be that bothered if he was to go. The reason I know he won't be here next season is that someone told me. I'm not saying who but they'd 100% know for sure. He has ideas way above his station (IMO) and wouldn't be here next year even if we had gone up.

SanFranHibs
24-05-2015, 09:43 AM
Oxley - Keep. Not been so bad or inconsistent as some claim. Also, need more than 1 keeper.
Gray - Keep.
Hanlon - Undecided but would not be upset if he stayed.
Fontaine - Keep
Forster - Keep
Harris - Worth another go but quite a short leash though. Fulfill the promise or then let go.
Robertson - Tough one. Good bench player??? Mmmm. No let go even for his career.
El Alagui - Keep - With good crosses from the wings he might even get a chance facing the goal instead of back to the goal like yesterday.
Craig - Keep. I actually think next season will see more from him now the 'hangover' season from Butchers glorious tenure has passed.
Stanton - Loan him out or let go.
Stevenson - Don't get the love-in with him. He's ok but frankly is just workmanlike.
Boyle - Keep....I think.
Watson - Undecided.
Handling - Loan out or let go but as he has a long contract the former is more likely. Or maybe just keep him to do nothing on the bench.
Allan - Keep.
Fyvie - Keep.
McGeouch - A reasonable bench player but might find himself in and out too much for his own liking.
Malonga - Keep.
Dja Djedje - Undecided but probably needs more opportunities. Will he get them?
Cerny - Keep. Need more than one keeper..
Cummings - Dump. Can't handle the Sangria. :wink:
Messi - Dump him. Does not like the manager.

:flag:

Forza Fred
24-05-2015, 09:52 AM

No need to over analyse our situation.

This is 100 per cent the requirement.

The Leith Dutch
24-05-2015, 10:26 AM

My opinion.

Oxley is a mixed bag for me but probably in credit overall.

Poor in his command of the area which has cost us points.
Some excellent saves which have saved us points.

Most important thing is his distribution which I think is the key to us playing actual football.
Doesn't mean we have to keep him but I don't want anyone in as a replacement who doesn't look to play out from the back either through the centre backs or the wing backs. Punting the ball forward as the default is not what I want to see.

overdrive
24-05-2015, 10:34 AM
Oxley is a mixed bag for me but probably in credit overall.

Poor in his command of the area which has cost us points.
Some excellent saves which have saved us points.

Most important thing is his distribution which I think is the key to us playing actual football.
Doesn't mean we have to keep him but I don't want anyone in as a replacement who doesn't look to play out from the back either through the centre backs or the wing backs. Punting the ball forward as the default is not what I want to see.

That is more to do with managerial led tactics rather than keeper preference I would think. Mixu had the same keepers as John Collins when he took over. The keepers nearly always rolled the ball out to a defender under Collins. The same keepers nearly always lumped it up to Nish under Mixu. In fact I can remember the crowd going mental at this tactic under Collins as it quite often put us under a lot of pressure as the defence clearly wasn't comfortable with this.

CockneyRebel
24-05-2015, 10:37 AM
Keep Cerny, gray, Stevenson, Fontaine, Hanlon, mcgeouch, fyvie, Allan and Cummings.

Ox, Watson, Boyle, Robertson, malonga and djedje happy to see leave tbh.

Unsure about Stanton, Harris and Farid.

Bring in another CB, LB, winger and two strikers.

I'd personally build a team around mcgeouch the lad is a class act.

At Easter Road we play...

Both these guys are good players but appear to be injury prone. It's bad enough when any player gets injured but when you begin to expect it from certain players then you have to replace them IMO.

The Leith Dutch
24-05-2015, 10:48 AM
That is more to do with managerial led tactics rather than keeper preference I would think. Mixu had the same keepers as John Collins when he took over. The keepers nearly always rolled the ball out to a defender under Collins. The same keepers nearly always lumped it up to Nish under Mixu. In fact I can remember the crowd going mental at this tactic under Collins as it quite often put us under a lot of pressure as the defence clearly wasn't comfortable with this.

Probably spot on in which case I really hope we keep hold of Stubbs.

What's truly terrifying is that I look back to Michael Nelson and McGivern (sorry for dredging up bad memories) and their lumping it up the park and the conclusion must be that it was what Butcher and Fenlon wanted them to do. Given that it almost always resulted in us losing the ball it brings to mind Einstein's definition of insanity as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.....

The Leith Dutch
24-05-2015, 10:58 AM
Both these guys are good players but appear to be injury prone. It's bad enough when any player gets injured but when you begin to expect it from certain players then you have to replace them IMO.

It also affects squad building.
From what I understand from Dempster's comments we're committed to a much smaller squad than previously.

If we have injury prone players it means we need some of the senior roles to be filled by squad players that can cover 2 positions well (pretty certain that's why we picked up Watson who hasn't really inspired for me).

If we have players that are less injury prone I'd be happier with bringing in the young guys when required or using makeshifts like Forster at right back.

McGeough - good as he's been when he's on - was less of a problem as we have good cover in his position and we can even shift the tactical approach to cover him being out.

Gray's injuries were more problematic as I think we're a much less effective side with him out.
Add to that most of the formations Stubbs plays seem to be heavily dependent on width from the full backs as an option and it gave us trouble - trying to play Boyle wide when Gray was out left us seriously exposed at the back.

HappyHanlon
24-05-2015, 11:30 AM
Oxley - Keep (I like him and he's only going to get better)
Gray - Keep
Hanlon - Keep
Fontaine - Keep (Captain for next season IMO)
Forster - Keep
Harris - Keep (give him to January, no improvement, punt in transfer window)
Robertson - Let Go
El Alagui - Keep (pretty much a new signing)
Craig - Let Go (Move him on, he'll probably end up at St Mirren though)
Stanton - Keep (i'd loan him to a Championship team, could cause damage and not hurt us)
Stevenson - Keep (He needs competition for his place though)
Boyle - KEEP (first signing i'd make, pacey and not scared to have a shot. Also knows how to cross a ball)
Watson - Let Go (seems to be troubled by injuries and not sure he'd want to play second fiddle to Gray)
Handling - Keep (see Stanton)
Allan - KEEP (Oozes class)
Fyvie - Keep (I think he'll be snapped up by another team but i'd love tho keep him)
McGeouch - Let Go
Malonga - Keep
Dja Djedje - Keep (He needs a pre season with us but I believe there's a player in him)
Cerny - Let Go
Cummings - Keep (Young player who has made mistakes but top scorer in the division and he's a got a swagger about him)

Eyrie
24-05-2015, 11:54 AM
All the players I'd keep are subject to Craig and Stubbs not finding better.

Goalkeeper - one of Oxley and Cerny stays. Can Perntreau step up as the other keeper?

Right back - we're sorted with Gray and Dunsmore can cover.

Centre half - Forster and Hanlon are under contract, and I'd like to keep Fontaine although he'll need the security of a 2-3 year deal to move his family up here. We then need one other for depth as I'm not convinced by Watson.

Left back - I like Stevenson but he needs competition as he tired towards the end of the season. Can that be Crane? If not, I'd look for better than Stevenson.

Midfield - balance is key. Neither Craig nor Robertson is a natural holding player so we need at least one new face, assuming Martin can play this role. I'd keep two from Craig, Fyvie and McGeouch as the support for Allan, which leaves Stanton and Handling as depth although both need to do better when given an opportunity.

Wingers - Boyle is a definite target and Harris can be depth. That leaves us needing one more, depending on Dje Dje's suitability.

Forwards - a fully fit El Alagui together with Cummings and Malonga provides us with options and both Boyle and Dje Dje provide cover. I'd send Allan out on loan.

So we need to decide on a keeper and add a centre half, holding midfielder and a winger as a minimum. Possibly also another centre half, left back, midfielder and a striker. All that is very doable, which means we are in a good position to get promotion next season.

jon paul jones
24-05-2015, 12:24 PM
Reckon Djedje and Malonga are offski, we should be doing everything we can to sign John Sutton IMO.

Mmmmmmm a very interesting suggestion

liamh2202
24-05-2015, 12:27 PM

Oxley

The Leith Dutch
24-05-2015, 12:32 PM

Oxley

If Oxley could control the box with the same tenacity that Petrie controls the director's box we'd have a right good keeper.....

lochhibs
24-05-2015, 12:46 PM
Oxley - get rid
cerny - dont understand why he never got a chance.if stubbs doesnt think he's better than oxley i'd get rid
Gray - Keep.
Hanlon - keep
Fontaine - Keep
Forster - Keep
Harris - keep
Robertson - get rid
El Alagui - Keep
Craig - get rid
Stanton - keep
Stevenson - keep
Boyle - Keep....I think.
Watson - keep
Handling - not much we can do so have to keep
Allan - Keep but will be sold
Fyvie - Keep but dont think he will re-sign
McGeouch - keep but dont think he will sign
Malonga - Keep.
Dja Djedje - get rid
Cummings - keep
all in all we have a decent back 4 and strikers.the work in the summer will depend on the midfielders that stay or re-sign.a new keeper is a must.
:wink:

Kaiserclem
24-05-2015, 01:24 PM
I feel the biggest signing we 100% need to tie down is Liam Fontaine. The guy has been class all season (except 1 game at Alloa in the cup) and I feel he has brought Hanlon, who also was class yesterday. Allan is clearly our most skilful but big Liam is a must for me.

Ozyhibby
24-05-2015, 01:51 PM
Oxley - poor shot stopper, does not come for crosses. I think we can do better.
Cerny - if he is cheap enough to keep as cover then keep. But only as cover, as Stubbs obviously does not rate as high as Oxley.
Stevenson - worth a deal but only as a squad player. I expect a proper left back to be recruited.
Hanlon - under contract
Fontaine - definite keep
Gray - under contract but we will need an able deputy as he is injury prone.
Forster - under contract (I think) Able deputy anyway.
Watson - let go
Robertson - keep
Craig - let go ( we need more dynamic goal scoring mids)
Mcgeoch - let go as above and injury prone
Allen - must keep
Fyvie - keep
Handling - let go (4 year deal a mystery to me)
Stanton - let go
Harris - let go
Boyle - let go
Malonga - under contract but I would move on if we could
Cummings - keep
Farid - keep
Dje Dje - 18 month deal a mystery, be good if we could get out of it. A black mark for the new scouting network.

Next season we need to improve in just about every area if we are to win the league and get back to the top flight.

The Leith Dutch
24-05-2015, 03:02 PM
Next season we need to improve in just about every area if we are to win the league and get back to the top flight.

Obviously I'd have no problems with us improving in every area but I'd expect the current squad with a good pre-season and the manager with a full year's experience under his belt to win the division comfortably next year.

The only caveat would be if the Rangers are still with us but find some cash through the latest selection of rogues running their sorry excuse for a club.

I will though be more than happy to accept improvements in every area ;)

007 Mickey Weir
24-05-2015, 03:12 PM
Frazer is a tidy player no doubt but honestly wouldn't be that bothered if he was to go. The reason I know he won't be here next season is that someone told me. I'm not saying who but they'd 100% know for sure. He has ideas way above his station (IMO) and wouldn't be here next year even if we had gone up.

Well I'm friends with Frasers dad and that is not the case. I'll ask him. As far as I know he is to sit down with Hibs and does love it here. Like most of the team. But all depends on what else gets offered. He has two very young kids and his mum lives up north. So ITC might be an option. But don't rule out a deal with us.

lord bunberry
24-05-2015, 03:20 PM
We need as much continuity as possible, the last thing we need is to be starting the season with untested players. We could be looking at a whole new midfield, which wouldn't be ideal.

The Leith Dutch
24-05-2015, 03:32 PM
We need as much continuity as possible, the last thing we need is to be starting the season with untested players. We could be looking at a whole new midfield, which wouldn't be ideal.

Consistency would definitely be nice but I reckon that some of it will be outwith our control.

If we do need to find new players then Dempster will hopefully be influential in not leaving it till the end of transfer window bargain basement days.

Also hoping Stubbs is clear on what he wants/needs - I've generally liked his signings and he's usually kept the less good ones in the short term loan bracket.
Happy to be proved wrong but of the proper signings that were long-ish term I'd only quibble with Djedje.

Looking at his signings Oxley is a decent keeper, Fontaine and Gray were much better than what we had and Allan, Fyvie and McGeough have been three of the mainstays of midfield. Unlucky with El Alagui up front but Malonga gave a decent return (and before anyone rides me on that remember James Collins ;) )

greenlex
24-05-2015, 07:28 PM
Fitba fans are ****ing mental.

marinello59
24-05-2015, 07:28 PM
Oxley - i don't care either way.
Gray - Keep. Potential Captain but not so sure he will stay injury free all season.
Hanlon - Keep
Fontaine - Keep. Another potential skipper.
Forster - Keep
Harris - Keep. I'd like to see what Stubbs can get out of him.
Robertson - Not too sure but would tend to let him go.
El Alagui - Keep
Craig - Leave, no doubts in my mind.
Stanton - Keep. I trust Stubbs to get more from him.
Stevenson - I love him but it's time for him to go. Sorry, gutted saying that.
Boyle - Keep. If only we had been able to use his pace against Sevco.
Watson - Leave
Handling - Keep. No doubts in my mind that he will go on to be a decent player for us.
Allan - Keep. Well worth paying every penny to watch.
Fyvie - Keep
McGeouch - Keep
Malonga - Keep. Some of the criticism he gets is unfair IMHO.
Dja Djedje -I haven't seen enough to decide either way.
Cerny - Keep Subject to fitness.
Cummings - Keep

frazeHFC
24-05-2015, 07:49 PM

No thanks!

24-05-2015, 07:51 PM

Hanlon - Keep
Fontaine - Keep
Forster - Keep
El Alagui - Keep
Stevenson - Keep
Cummings - Keep

What do you guys think?

Agree with that. Handling for me has shown nothing, not a fan at all.

1875M
24-05-2015, 08:19 PM
Oxley - Good keeper for this level but if he doesn't want to stay then Cerny for #1
Gray - Keep
Hanlon - Keep
Fontaine - Keep
Forster - Keep
Harris - Wouldn't keep both him and Boyle and if I had to choose one then i'd go for Boyle. Leave
Robertson - Keep. Improved lots
El Alagui - Keep. If we can keep him fit then this guy will be our top goalscorer next season
Craig - Would try and keep but not fussed if he left
Stanton - Keep but loan out
Stevenson - Keep
Watson - Leave. Use Dunsmore as cover for Gray and save a wage
Handling - Leave. Not shown much really
Allan - Keep at all costs
Fyvie - Keep.
McGeouch - Keep
Malonga - Keep
Dja Djedje - Not really shown anything but hasn't really been given enough game time either. Leave
Cerny - See Oxley
Cummings - Keep
Boyle - Keep. See Harris

Waxy
25-05-2015, 07:29 AM
Reckon Djedje and Malonga are offski, we should be doing everything we can to sign John Sutton IMO.This jokes no funny.

Steve20
25-05-2015, 07:35 AM
Oxley - Leave. If Cerny is the same keeper he was at Hamilton, he should replace Oxley as keeper.
Gray - Keep
Hanlon - Keep. but I still say he needs to improve.
Fontaine - Keep
Forster - Keep
Harris - Keep. We are crying out for width.
Robertson - Leave
El Alagui - Keep
Craig - Leave. Should have been long gone by now.
Stanton - Keep. Still think he'll come good.
Stevenson - Leave. Hard to dislike as he gives 100% but we must get better than Lewis to improve.
Boyle - Keep. We need more pace and he's not bad.
Watson - Leave
Handling - Leave - Not good enough
Allan - Keep
Fyvie - Keep
McGeouch - leave. Been missing in the important part of the season. Back to Celtic with you.
Malonga - Leave. We need someone who can score at a better ratio than 1 in 10 chances.
Dja Djedje - Leave.
Cerny - Keep - First choice next season.
Cummings - Keep but I still think there's better out there

Brooster
25-05-2015, 07:39 AM
We need a better goalie, better left back and another good striker to partner Cummings. These are the priorities other than getting Fyvie and McGeoch to sign and Allan and Stubbs to extend.

erin go bragh
25-05-2015, 10:39 AM

Farid and Jason will imo score 50 plus next season .

GGTTH

pedroorange1875
25-05-2015, 06:30 PM
Oxley - Leave. If Cerny is the same keeper he was at Hamilton, he should replace Oxley as keeper.
Gray - Keep
Hanlon - Keep. but I still say he needs to improve.
Fontaine - Keep
Forster - Keep
Harris - Keep. We are crying out for width.
Robertson - Leave
El Alagui - Keep
Craig - Leave. Should have been long gone by now.
Stanton - Keep. Still think he'll come good.
Stevenson - Leave. Hard to dislike as he gives 100% but we must get better than Lewis to improve.
Boyle - Keep. We need more pace and he's not bad.
Watson - Leave
Handling - Leave - Not good enough
Allan - Keep
Fyvie - Keep
McGeouch - leave. Been missing in the important part of the season. Back to Celtic with you.
Malonga - Leave. We need someone who can score at a better ratio than 1 in 10 chances.
Dja Djedje - Leave.
Cerny - Keep - First choice next season.
Cummings - Keep but I still think there's better out there

Wonder how many years we have been saying that, please lets just get rid....finally

hibees 7062
25-05-2015, 06:44 PM

To line the pitch :aok:

The_Exile
25-05-2015, 06:54 PM
To line the pitch :aok:

Guaranteed goals, exactly what we need.

Brightside
25-05-2015, 07:06 PM
Wonder how many years we have been saying that, please lets just get rid....finally

Based on what? He been almost foot perfect and still we get the occasionally anti on here.

J-C
25-05-2015, 07:09 PM
Based on what? He been almost foot perfect and still we get the occasionally anti on here.

Wouldn't say foot perfect but better than last year yes, we still lose silly goals over the top because Hanlon gets out of position ball watching, IMO he's got to the best level he can but that still isn't good enough for us.

B.H.F.C
25-05-2015, 07:15 PM

Nowhere near perfect. Not just him, but our defence in general. In the big games when it really mattered, hampden and Ibrox spring to mind, we managed to ship goals despite never being under any sustained pressure.

Brightside
25-05-2015, 07:16 PM
Wow...

B.H.F.C
25-05-2015, 07:17 PM
Wow...

Wow to what?

pedroorange1875
25-05-2015, 08:27 PM

behave

J-C
25-05-2015, 08:41 PM
Nowhere near perfect. Not just him, but our defence in general. In the big games when it really mattered, hampden and Ibrox spring to mind, we managed to ship goals despite never being under any sustained pressure.

I think a lot of that has to do with not having a proper DM, Stubbs asks his wingbacks to attack but only has the 2 central defenders covering for them, that's why 3 at the back works better, if you go with 4, you need a DM to cover the wingbacks.

HFC 0-7
25-05-2015, 08:53 PM
My thoughts are:

Oxley - Leave - too inconsistent, we have got better in Cerny.
Hanlon - Keep
Fontaine - Keep
Forster - Keep
Harris - keep, he's pacy and if the boo boys lay off him will be a good asset.
Robertson - unsure - gives away far too many stupid fouls in dangerous positions.
El Alagui - Keep - the only aerial threat we have as was proven again today, creates havoc wherever he goes.
Craig - Leave - if we keep Fyvie
Stanton - loaned out to a premier team he'll be an asset for the future.
Stevenson -Leave I'm afraid - he's been excellent this season but we need more of a threat than he offers going forward.
Boyle - Keep
Watson - Leave - bring in a youngster, they should be good enough for the championship.
Handling - Loan out - he is a tidy player but won't get a look in at present.
Allan - Keep - above all else he must stay to show ambition from the club.
Fyvie - Keep.
McGeouch - probably leave, injury prone and dimmed after a bright start.
Malonga - Keep and show JC how to hold up the ball and bring in other players.
Cerny - see Oxley.
Cummings - Keep - look forward to him getting better and stronger.

How does that make sense? He has been excellent but isnt good enough??!?!?!!?!

cmcd
25-05-2015, 09:37 PM
hibs;4382138]Oxley - get rid
cerny - dont understand why he never got a chance.if stubbs doesnt think he's better than oxley i'd get rid
Gray - Keep.
Hanlon - keep
Fontaine - Keep
Forster - Keep
Harris - keep
Robertson - get rid
El Alagui - Keep
Craig - get rid
Stanton - keep
Stevenson - keep
Boyle - Keep....I think.
Watson - keep
Malonga - Keep.
Dja Djedje - get rid
Cummings - keep
all in all we have a decent back 4 and strikers.the work in the summer will depend on the midfielders that stay or re-sign.a new keeper is a must.
:wink:[/QUOTE]

Ianhibee
25-05-2015, 09:38 PM
Need to keep Allan and Fontaine and maybe Gray - we will no doubt keep others but build the team round these boys and a proven goalscorer - someone like Adam Rooney - who's failed down south but good enough for us....

cmcd
25-05-2015, 09:39 PM
hibs;4382138]Oxley - get rid
Gray - Keep.
Hanlon - keep
Fontaine - Keep
Forster - Keep
Harris - keep
Robertson - get rid
El Alagui - Keep
Craig - get rid
Stanton - keep
Stevenson - keep
Boyle - Keep....I think.
Watson - keep
Malonga - Keep.
Dja Djedje - get rid
Cummings - keep
:wink:[/QUOTE]
How often does Allan have to say he wants to stay

RC1875
26-05-2015, 01:40 AM
Oxley - Leave
Cerny - Leave
Gray - Keep
Watson- leave
Forster- Keep
Fontaine - keep
Hanlon - keep
Stevenson- Keep
Boyle - Keep
Robertson- Keep
Craig- leave
Allan- keep
Mcgeouch- keep
Fyvie- keep
Stanton- leave
Harris- leave
Handling- Keep
Djedje - leave
Malonga- hit and miss I'm unsure
El alagui - Keep
Cummings- leave

HIBEES 4 LIFE
26-05-2015, 12:57 PM
Need to keep Allan and Fontaine and maybe Gray - we will no doubt keep others but build the team round these boys and a proven goalscorer - someone like Adam Rooney - who's failed down south but good enough for us....

The same Adam Rooney who has been back at Aberdeen for 18 months and was in the Scottish Premier League Team of the Season??

J-C
26-05-2015, 02:55 PM
The same Adam Rooney who has been back at Aberdeen for 18 months and was in the Scottish Premier League Team of the Season??

I think that was the point being made about Rooney, failed down south but back up here tearing it up. :confused:

Oscar T Grouch
26-05-2015, 03:00 PM
Gray has signed an extension to 2017 :thumbsup: