PDA

View Full Version : Are The fans happy to accept mediocrity as a club on the park ?

Scottie
23-05-2015, 07:16 PM
Seeing all the fans sing and get right behind the team at the end of the match was fantastic as a Hibernian supporter to show appreciation for the seasons efforts IMO.

BUT does in not show how far as a club we have fallen to be content to accept mediocrity of playing and staying in the 2nd tier of Scottish football when the countries football is in such a sorry state.many a clubs fans would have turned on the team at the final whistle.

To be in a division below Hamilton, 2 Dundee teams, 2 Highland teams, a poor Motherwell and St Mirren team with all due respect to them is unacceptable but that's where we're at.

The club has come such a long way since relegation last year but my fear is we are and have been such a soft touch on the pitch for a long time now we can't seem to rise to the so called bigger games that need to be won. Teams this year have sussed us out too easily for me parked the bus and let us play attractive football with no end product because there is no cutting edge in front of goal.

Are we a once bigger club that's now found its level like a Leeds Utd ?

Interesting to hear your thoughts. GGTTH.

liamh2202
23-05-2015, 07:18 PM
Balls

Ryan69
23-05-2015, 07:18 PM
Seeing all the fans sing and get right behind the team at the end of the match was fantastic as a Hibernian supporter to show appreciation for the seasons efforts IMO.

BUT does in not show how far as a club we have fallen to be content to accept mediocrity of playing and staying in the 2nd tier of Scottish football when the countries football is in such a sorry state.many a clubs fans would have turned on the team at the final whistle.

To be in a division below Hamilton, 2 Dundee teams, 2 Highland teams, a poor Motherwell and St Mirren team with all due respect to them is unacceptable but that's where we're at.

The club has come such a long way since relegation last year but my fear is we are and have been such a soft touch on the pitch for a long time now we can't seem to rise to the so called bigger games that need to be won. Teams this year have sussed us out too easily for me parked the bus and let us play attractive football with no end product because there is no cutting edge in front of goal.

Seems like we do. We accept it and even celebrate it every fricking year!

Should of been boos today.....WE FAILED!

Thecat23
23-05-2015, 07:20 PM
I think the fans seen how much we have came on as a club this season and showed Stubbs we are behind him. We can't do anything about being in the championship so instead of us moaning it was refreshing to see everyone just getting behind the boys!

They will be changing the league anyway end of next term so I've no doubt we will be back up after this season coming, even though I think we'll win the league anyway.

adhibs
23-05-2015, 07:20 PM
Solidarity rather than accepting mediocrity. Stubbs wins the league next year or he's a complete failure

tamig
23-05-2015, 07:21 PM

Are you that mixerkev guy? There's another thread running exactly the same. Pish to suggest that because we acknowledged the effort if the team today we are accepting mediocrity. Balls.

Steve20

Looks like the majority have accepted failure.

Thecat23

You don't half talk some *****. Why should we be booing the team?? You don't see the improvement from first day of the season no?

Steve20

Correct.

Baldy Foghorn
23-05-2015, 07:22 PM

Pile of nonsense......Team didn't deserve anything but praise Today for their efforts......

tamig

You would drain the life out of a skeleton.

Pete
"Accepting mediocrity".

Is this going to be the phrase on here again?

Scottie
23-05-2015, 07:23 PM
Are you that mixerkev guy? There's another thread running exactly the same. Pish to suggest that because we acknowledged the effort if the team today we are accepting mediocrity. Balls.
Who the **** is Mixerkev ? :confused:

matty_f
23-05-2015, 07:23 PM
I applauded the team off the park today because they put everything into a football match that they won, and for their efforts and improvement over the season.

If anyone thinks that's me accepting mediocrity or any other bull**** then they are welcome to **** right off, IMHO.

matty_f
23-05-2015, 07:24 PM
You would drain the life out of a skeleton.

And then tell us how pish it was.

Pete

You're obviously not accepting it. What does this mean and what are you going to do?

It's similar to someone saying they aren't accepting that it will rain.

trev the hat

Everything about that post is wrong & warrants no reply.

tamig
23-05-2015, 07:25 PM
Who the **** is Mixerkev ? :confused:

Try the "what are hibs doing wrong" thread. Same topic and debate as this.

Thecat23
23-05-2015, 07:25 PM

If you read most of his posts you will also be saying the same thing.

Thecat23
23-05-2015, 07:26 PM
You're obviously not accepting it. What does this mean and what are you going to do?

😄 Exactly.

tamig
23-05-2015, 07:26 PM
And then tell us how pish it was.

CallumLaidlaw
23-05-2015, 07:27 PM
So we should have booed today?? There was no lack of effort from the players over the 2 legs. We are meant to be SUPPORTERS. Supporters do just that. Just because we acknowledge the effort the players put in doesn't mean we're not disappointed with the overall outcome.

The most important thing is we build on this season and go up next season.

Scottie
23-05-2015, 07:28 PM
Try the "what are hibs doing wrong" thread. Same topic and debate as this.
Thanks bud haven't trawled through the whole site yet.

Sorry if I'm offending anyone just asking a genuine question.

tamig
23-05-2015, 07:28 PM

Deja vu. Its a replica of this thread
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?301160-What-Hibs-Are-Doing-Wrong&p=4381350#post4381350

Northernhibee
23-05-2015, 07:29 PM

:zzzzz!:

Can we just make it clear that you are not a supporter? Supporters support the team, and I'm proud to be a supporter of Hibs. They gave it everything, they threw the kitchen sink at it, they've given me plenty of entertainment this season and although I'm not accepting not being promoted I'm happy to accept that we've made big strides forward.

Bring on next season and the title challenge.

tamig
23-05-2015, 07:30 PM
Thanks bud haven't trawled through the whole site yet.

Sorry if I'm offending anyone just asking a genuine question.

No worries bud. There's just exactly the same stuff being discussed on the other thread.

trev the hat
23-05-2015, 07:31 PM
If you read most of his posts you will also be saying the same thing.

Life's too short TC, & birthday wishes by the way 👍
Hibs fans knew & appreciated fully what went into this campaign & will continue to appreciate any welcome progress under AS.
Ps you can tell KM he's officially been Hunnified along with Mr Sheils.

Thecat23

Can we just make it clear that you are not a supporter? Supporters support the team, and I'm proud to be a supporter of Hibs. They gave it everything, they threw the kitchen sink at it, they've given me plenty of entertainment this season and although I'm not accepting not being promoted I'm happy to accept that we've made big strides forward.

Now that's a post 👍

HH81
If in 12 months time we failed through the play offs again would the reaction at full time today be the same?

SkintHibby
Being pish is ok and acceptable. Stubbs is braw, Dempster is great and Petrie is even better.

Thinking Hibs should should be a Premiership club and certain indivduals have failed in their duty to take us there is unacceptable somehow.

Mental!

Thecat23
23-05-2015, 07:34 PM
Life's too short TC, & birthday wishes by the way [emoji106]
Hibs fans knew & appreciated fully what went into this campaign & will continue to appreciate any welcome progress under AS.
Ps you can tell KM he's officially been Hunnified along with Mr Sheils.

Very true Trev and thanks mate [emoji106]

Don't worry, I've left him a message for him, dirty Hun bar-steward along with the rest that wear that shirt!!

Viva_Palmeiras
23-05-2015, 07:35 PM

Maybe rather than look at others relationship with our? Club perhaps you should revisit yours?

matty_f
23-05-2015, 07:38 PM
Being pish is ok and acceptable. Stubbs is braw, Dempster is great and Petrie is even better.

Thinking Hibs should should be a Premiership club and certain indivduals have failed in their duty to take us there is unacceptable somehow.

Mental!

Bollocks.

Gatecrasher
I think the fans seen how much we have came on as a club this season and showed Stubbs we are behind him. We can't do anything about being in the championship so instead of us moaning it was refreshing to see everyone just getting behind the boys!

They will be changing the league anyway end of next term so I've no doubt we will be back up after this season coming, even though I think we'll win the league anyway.
:top marksI'm behind Stubbs and the team all the way, I'm gutted we didn't get through but me showing my appreciation to the players isn't accepting mediocrity. Stubbs has already set the goal for next season and bring it on, we'll be back!

Northernhibee
Now that's a post 

If there's one thing that this season has shown us is that we make steps forward when we do it together. It's cringeworthy when the phrase "happy clapper" or "super fan" is thrown around on here, I'm ****ing proud to be a happy clapper as all I want to do is see Hibs do well and if our players give it everything they have then I'm happy to cheer them, applaud them and sing their name. If a player is not quite up to standard but gives it their all then I will still support them as they are still doing everything they can to progress the team.

Let's get beyond this idea that we somehow need to apologise for actively wanting to support our team, I'm fed up of this pish about "accepting failure" or "celebrating mediocrity" - it's nothing of the sort, and I'm really hurting this evening about not going up.

But imagine how good Easter Road would be if we make as much noise as we did today every single game. How much the team would gain from that, how much more enjoyable that would be. I 100% believe that we'll win the league next season at a canter and I'm looking forward to spending each of my one weekend off a month travelling down to games to put in as much effort into supporting the team as the players are putting in to win games.

Happy clapper and ****ing proud of it.

adhibs
23-05-2015, 07:39 PM

Mental!

Stubbs has had his failings and petrie has been a complete failure. I'm willing to give the coaching staff another season though.anything less than winning the league next year is a disaster

Sir David Gray
23-05-2015, 07:40 PM
Assuming that Sevco go up next week, if we fail to get promoted again next season then the reaction will be entirely different.

However I don't see why anyone should be critical of the players this season. If we had a better start to the season, we could have been challenging Hearts for the title.

We have a lot more stability this year and Stubbs will start now to prepare for winning the Championship next season and shaping his squad the way that he wants it.

If Sevco beat Motherwell, I expect to win the league next year and be up in the Premiership in 2016.

trev the hat
23-05-2015, 07:43 PM

Mental!

Do what 75% of Scottish football fans do & follow a bigot with no clue as to why & cheer on what they can't understand or comprehend.
If you want regular trophies your following the wrong club. If you are born a Hibby enjoy the ride cause it won't be matched by anyone !!!

flash
Bollocks.

Thanks Matty but he is

Thecat23
If there's one thing that this season has shown us is that we make steps forward when we do it together. It's cringeworthy when the phrase "happy clapper" or "super fan" is thrown around on here, I'm ****ing proud to be a happy clapper as all I want to do is see Hibs do well and if our players give it everything they have then I'm happy to cheer them, applaud them and sing their name. If a player is not quite up to standard but gives it their all then I will still support them as they are still doing everything they can to progress the team.

Let's get beyond this idea that we somehow need to apologise for actively wanting to support our team, I'm fed up of this pish about "accepting failure" or "celebrating mediocrity" - it's nothing of the sort, and I'm really hurting this evening about not going up.

But imagine how good Easter Road would be if we make as much noise as we did today every single game. How much the team would gain from that, how much more enjoyable that would be. I 100% believe that we'll win the league next season at a canter and I'm looking forward to spending each of my one weekend off a month travelling down to games to put in as much effort into supporting the team as the players are putting in to win games.

I've maybe disagreed with one or two of your posts NH but tell you what, that's bang on mate. I really have nothing to add as you have hit the nail on the head.

Let's move forward as one!

tamig
If there's one thing that this season has shown us is that we make steps forward when we do it together. It's cringeworthy when the phrase "happy clapper" or "super fan" is throwin around on here, I'm ****ing proud to be a happy clapper as all I want to do is see Hibs do well and if our players give it everything they have then I'm happy to cheer them, applaud them and sing their name. If a player is not quite up to standard but gives it their all then I will still support them as they are still doing everything they can to progress the team.

Go back to September and look at the ream of posts saying we wouldn't make the top 4 and questioning if we might even end up at the bottom of the Championship. And who are they? The usual suspects who are all greetin tonight because we didn't beat the hun and we had the temerity to actually applaud the team we support for failing to do so.

Hibernia&Alba
23-05-2015, 07:44 PM
I don't accept this charge of our accepting mediocrity just now. Things are changing.

Last year we weren't even mediocre: we were garbage and the club was in disarray following relegation. This season we made a lot of progress on and off the park, but we had Hearts and Rangers to deal with, at the same time as undergoing enormous changes. We haven't quite made it back at the first attempt, though I and many others didn't think we would.

Next season is massive and we need to improve again and get back up where we belong. We're all hurting at the prospect of another year in the Championship, but let's remember the context. I hope we'll demonstrate the unity of today throughout next season. Back Stubbs, the team and Dempster. We're on the right path.

FranckSuzy
I know it's a Bank Holiday on Monday but I'm pretty sure the 'slit your wrists' brigade could get a repeat prescription from somewhere......

liamh2202

With you all the way mate

matty_f
Thanks Matty but he is

Well you might say that, but I couldn't possibly comment. :greengrin

Devine
23-05-2015, 07:45 PM

100% agree I found the 'celebration' at the end very cringeworthy & an acceptance of another season of failure. Wow we gave it a go in the 2nd leg against the worst Rangers team in living memory. Failure is the only constant in all this and most seem to think it's acceptable...we weren't playing Barcelona out there!!!

Jonnyboy
23-05-2015, 07:46 PM
I applauded the team off the park today because they put everything into a football match that they won, and for their efforts and improvement over the season.

If anyone thinks that's me accepting mediocrity or any other bull**** then they are welcome to **** right off, IMHO.

This, 100%

Unbelievable that those of us who stayed and applauded, and that was by far the majority of the crowd by the way, are accused of accepting mediocrity.

Diclonius
23-05-2015, 07:47 PM
Calm yer domes, we'll be back in the Premiership this time next year. I guarantee it.

Baldy Foghorn
23-05-2015, 07:47 PM
100% agree I found the 'celebration' at the end very cringeworthy & an acceptance of another season of failure. Wow we gave it a go in the 2nd leg against the worst Rangers team in living memory. Failure is the only constant in all this and most seem to think it's acceptable...we weren't playing Barcelona out there!!!

Who was celebrating??????

Kato
23-05-2015, 07:48 PM
I think anyone complaining about those supporters who wanted to show the players their appreciation for a hard fought season just don't understand sport.

Lee Marvin
23-05-2015, 07:48 PM

Hahaha. Yes, iam that sad. Crazy that someone else would have the same opinion as me isn't it!?

Baldy Foghorn
23-05-2015, 07:49 PM
I think anyone complaining about those supporters who wanted to show the players their appreciation for a hard fought season just don't understand sport.

Or understand the role of a "supporter":agree:

Jonnyboy
23-05-2015, 07:49 PM

Thankfully, you're one a a very small minority, based on the number who did commit the cardinal sin of showing appreciation for the efforts of the players

trev the hat
23-05-2015, 07:50 PM
Very true Trev and thanks mate [emoji106]

Don't worry, I've left him a message for him, dirty Hun bar-steward along with the rest that wear that shirt!!

TC, we've got some KFK history.
1 each again ? 😄
Says me after Cummings to score Hibs win 9/2 😄 just wish it was more than 1.

matty_f

Would think they'd struggle to understand life in general, to be honest.

Devine
Who was celebrating??????

The people whooping and hollering at the end singing SOL as if we had just achieved something

hibee_girl
23-05-2015, 07:51 PM

:agree: Totally agree, I clapped them today as they've given us everything they possibly could this season and when we think back to the start of the season and how badly we started it's been a huge achievement to get anywhere near 2nd place.

Devine
23-05-2015, 07:51 PM
Would think they'd struggle to understand life in general, to be honest.

Well see this is where we disagree sport and top sportsmen will tell you it's all about winning. So IMO those who clap failure don't understand sport

matty_f
23-05-2015, 07:52 PM
Well see this is where we disagree sport and top sportsmen will tell you it's all about winning. So IMO those who clap failure don't understand sport

I rest my case.

Baldy Foghorn
The people whooping and hollering at the end singing SOL as if we had just achieved something

Dear doctor, how dare we show support to our team, jeez the audacity of these pesky hibees:rolleyes:

Cod Boy
Dosent every team clap there fans when its the last home game of the season.

matty_f
Dear doctor, how dare we show support to our team, jeez the audacity of these pesky hibees:rolleyes:

You don't understand sport Baldy. Clearly.

Baldy Foghorn
23-05-2015, 07:53 PM

:greengrin:greengrin

matty_f
23-05-2015, 07:53 PM
Dosent every team clap there fans when its the last home game of the season.

But all those fans (except those of the champions) don't understand sport.

Thecat23
23-05-2015, 07:54 PM
TC, we've got some KFK history.
1 each again ? [emoji1]
Says me after Cummings to score Hibs win 9/2 [emoji1] just wish it was more than 1.

Haha we have,

I also had £20 on Cummings anytime and Hibs to win so at least I had something to be cheerful about [emoji1]

Hiber-nation
23-05-2015, 07:56 PM

The ones supporting their team you mean? Unlike those who pissed off 10 mins early or those who didnae even bother their erses to make the effort to turn up? "Whooping and hollering". Bloody hell.

Some appalling stuff on here today

Kato
23-05-2015, 07:56 PM
So IMO those who clap failure don't understand sport

An oxymoron, a paradox - or something.

Kato
23-05-2015, 07:57 PM
I rest my case.

Gavel banged.

Devine
23-05-2015, 07:57 PM

So wait the now you can claim those who disagree with accepting this guff are all ok but wait a minute if we don't you can 'rest your case'. What a load of total nonsense your comebacks are also garbage. Trot on accept another year of failure we should all just clap along...they made an arse of it AGAIN yet we are all to accept it.

Sport is about winning and achieving at whatever level that maybe. We continue to fail at a level we shouldn't be at so yes you don't understand another joker happy to get beat

Viva_Palmeiras
23-05-2015, 07:58 PM

Pish. It's about learning from when you lose and making sure you don't the next time and how you react. If you have a life that's nothing else but winning your living in a fantasy land and having kids is probably not a great idea...

Northernhibee
Gavel banged.

Who's Gavel?

Kato
So wait the now you can claim those who disagree with accepting this guff are all ok but wait a minute if we don't you can 'rest your case'. What a load of total nonsense your comebacks are also garbage. Trot on accept another year of failure we should all just clap along...they made an arse of it AGAIN yet we are all to accept it.

Sport is about winning and achieving at whatever level that maybe. We continue to fail at a level we shouldn't be at so yes you don't understand another joker happy to get beat

He rested his case because you continue time and again to show you don't understand sport.

Devine
23-05-2015, 07:59 PM
Pish. It's about learning from when you lose and making sure you don't the next time and how you react. If you have a life that's nothing else but winning your living in a fantasy land and having kids is probably not a great idea...

Like last season, and the season before and the season before! We NEVER learn

Kato
23-05-2015, 07:59 PM
Who's Gavel?

:not worth

Baldy Foghorn
23-05-2015, 08:00 PM

I love Hibs more than life itself, don't tell me I am happy to accept mediocrity, just because I clapped the team off Today, in our Final game of season....You don't know me, leave the loser mentality pash well alone....OK?

Viva_Palmeiras

Sydney - is that you?

Devine
He rested his case because you continue time and again to show you don't understand sport.

No just because you say it doesn't mean it's a fact . Same way as I think you don't understand sport

matty_f

Ooft!

Hiber-nation
23-05-2015, 08:01 PM

You just don't get it, do you?

matty_f
23-05-2015, 08:01 PM
You just don't get it, do you?

Pish comeback imho.

Hibernia&Alba
23-05-2015, 08:02 PM

Come on, mate. Nobody is saying that where we are now is acceptable, nor that it's okay if we're a Championship club in five years. But just think of the context of the season - where we started from - and there have been improvements. IMHO we did well fishing second ahead of Rangers, and there's evidence we're on the right track. Next season we need to improve again and ensure we finish first rather than second. The long term damage done to the cub couldn't be reversed in one year, so next year we demand the good work continues and we set out to win the division from the first day. That isn't accepting mediocrity.

matty_f
23-05-2015, 08:03 PM
Come on, mate. Nobody is saying that where we are now is acceptable, nor that it's okay if we're a Championship club in five years. But just think of the context of the season - where we started from - and there have been improvements. IMHO we did well fishing second ahead of Rangers, and there's evidence we're on the right track. Next season we need to improve again and ensure we finish first rather than second. The long term damage done to the cub couldn't be reversed in one year, so next year we demand the good work continues and we set out to win the division from the first day. That isn't accepting mediocrity.
Seems logical but I'd question you're understanding of sport now.

scoopyboy
23-05-2015, 08:04 PM

It's you that doesn't understand sport.

Only last week I watched Rafa Nadal applaud Andy Murray when he lifted the Madrid Masters title, ie he applauded the guy who just beat him. Similarly Murray clapped Nadal when he received the runners up trophy.

A prime example of two outstanding sportsmen recognising each other, there however can only be one winner.

We were simply acknowledging the players who made a great attempt at gaining promotion but failed near the end.

The players gave their all but at the end of the day they didn't make it and I don't think anybody was rejoicing in failure it was more an acknowledgement of the effort.

Viva_Palmeiras

Give Tuckman a read.

Fogzie
it was hardly cringeworthy. We had a slow start to the season but we are now playing football they way we want to see it being played. If we were realistit, we were never coming back up this year
lets get behind the team and come back up as Champions

Northernhibee
23-05-2015, 08:05 PM

http://www.csfleak.info/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/samaritans-logo-medium.jpg

Hiber-nation
23-05-2015, 08:06 PM
Pish comeback imho.

:thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
The ones supporting their team you mean? Unlike those who pissed off 10 mins early or those who didnae even bother their erses to make the effort to turn up? "Whooping and hollering". Bloody hell.

Some appalling stuff on here today

I think the flip of this is that I've been criticised several times for admitting I left a minute early (and bumped into another well Kent user on here doing the same btw) because I really didn't fancy watching Rangers fans celebrating after the game. I've been accused of not supporting the team and plenty more besides which is just as much nonsense as criticising those who stayed, which a couple in my group chose to do.

FranckSuzy
No just because you say it doesn't mean it's a fact . Same way as I think you don't understand sport

Do you concede this team is better than last year's?

Will you admit that finishing second in league which included Hearts and Rangers is better than expected?

Is Allan Stubbs a better manager than Terry Butcher?

Is Scott Allan a better player than anyone from last season's squad?

If you agree with any of those points then that is an improvement on last season :aok:

Trot on accept another year of failure

Broken Gnome
23-05-2015, 08:08 PM
That was the moment it hit home it would be the last time I saw a lot of Hibs players that we have a lot of time for. Allan, Fyvie, Fontaine, Stevenson... all possibly away and hopeful that they stay another year.

But yeah, I should have booed their last minutes in a Hibs strip. That'll persuade them to stay.

Waxy
23-05-2015, 08:09 PM

Interesting to hear your thoughts. GGTTH.I like to think the appreciation shown at the end was like a thank you to effort put in over the season.A season we were never ready to start and amazingly ended up finishing ahead of Rangers.I recall after a month or so alot of us thinking it was 50/50 we'd make the playoffs.My applause was for the effort put in by the players and the club this year from a standing start.i'm very happy with the way the club has gone this season, I expect us to be champions next season.

Lee Marvin
23-05-2015, 08:12 PM
I agree with Devine and all the non 'happyclappers.' Singing sunshine on leith after another failure (that is what it was), highlights an acceptance of being average which is riff through our support.

Are those supporters 'better' than me? Possibly. Regardless, I'm not as happy to accept 8 years of utter failure and frequent embarrassment.

The players Didnt lack effort today, the club just lacked quality. Again!

jdships
23-05-2015, 08:13 PM
I rest my case.

:top marks
I have spent 75 years on the " Hibernian F.C Roller Coaster " and have seen highs and lows by the bucket full
That surely is part of supporting a team in any sport .
Since 1940 I have enjoyed " The Famous Five" /Winning League Championships/League Cup Winners /European " mega" nights / even Derby wins !!
Have also suffered relegation/ failure to win Scottish Cup/ European cup humiliation/ watching managers at the club who couldn't manage a night out / club close to going out of business.
Now in 2015 the club is trying to rise from another trough , which it will do.
Over those years I have sung and danced/shed tears / vowed never to enter ER Road again but at at 83 I still have a place in my heart for this club and as my health allows turn up now and again . I have been lucky enough to have had three relatives play for the Hibs over the years of which I am very proud .
You "young lads" should just stop and thank all those who have gone before like Harry Swan/ Tom Hart/ Sir TF to name a few for ensuring you have a club to support .
OK things can be " sair tae bear" but that is part of the price to pay to be a football supporter :greengrin

Like Matty F
" I REST MY CASE "

:flag:

matty_f
23-05-2015, 08:14 PM
I agree with Devine and all the non 'happyclappers.' Singing sunshine on Keith after another failure (that is what it was), highlights an acceptance of being average which is riff through our support.

Are those supporters 'better' than me? Possibly. Regardless, I'm not as happy to accept 8 years of utter failure and frequent embarrassment.

I wasn't singing, I was stamping my feet, slamming doors and shouting "it's not fair!".

Because I'm a winner.

Northernhibee
I agree with Devine and all the non 'happyclappers.' Singing sunshine on Keith after another failure (that is what it was), highlights an acceptance of being average which is riff through our support.

Who's Keith and why the **** are we singing about him sunbathing? No good enough yet again

Baldy Foghorn

see post 75

liamh2202
23-05-2015, 08:15 PM
I have spent 75 years on the " Hibernian F.C Roller Coaster " and have seen highs and lows by the bucket full
Since 1940 I have enjoyed " The Famous Five" /Winning League Championships/League Cup Winners /European " mega" nights / even Derby wins !!
Have also suffered relegation/ failure to win Scottish Cup/ European cup humiliation/ watching managers at the club who couldn't manage a night out / club close to going out of business.
Over those years I have sung and danced/shed tears / vowed never to enter ER Road again but at at 83 I still have a place in my heart for this club and as my health allows turn up now and again . I have been lucky enough to have had three relatives play for the Hibs over the years of which I am very proud .
You "young lads" should just stop and thank all those who have gone before like Harry Swan/ Tom Hart/ Sir TF to name a few for ensuring you have a club to support .
OK things can be " sair tae bear" but that is part of the price to pay to be a football supporter :greengrin

Like Matty F
" I REST MY CASE "

And with one post this thread should be closed. Wise words indeed

Hibernia&Alba
23-05-2015, 08:15 PM

Like Matty F
" I REST MY CASE "

Top post from someone who has seen it all ...........except winning the cup :-D

telfordhibby
23-05-2015, 08:17 PM
50 odd years of hurt hopefully another 30 years I would not change for a minute Glory Glory that's HIBS folks'

Diclonius
23-05-2015, 08:18 PM
To be honest, I'm looking forward to next season already - provided Rangers are promoted. I have confidence in us winning the league next year with the management system and budget we have, and I quite enjoyed seeing us winning frequently this season.

The whole "we're ***** and can do **** all about it" mantra gets very tiring and doesn't do anything for your wellbeing. Trust me, I know from experience.

Carheenlea
23-05-2015, 08:18 PM

Like Matty F
" I REST MY CASE "

Won`t be a better post on here in 2015 :top marks

Northernhibee
23-05-2015, 08:19 PM
So because our fans weren't doing things right we should have booed ourselves. Which was the right thing to do so we should be happy with ourselves. Which deserves a good booing.

Not good enough, you wonderful *******s!

trev the hat
23-05-2015, 08:22 PM
Haha we have,

I also had £20 on Cummings anytime and Hibs to win so at least I had something to be cheerful about [emoji1]

Same bet as me mate 👍
So I'm £15 richer & Suzy just got my £75.

matty_f
23-05-2015, 08:23 PM
So because our fans weren't doing things right we should have booed ourselves. Which was the right thing to do so we should be happy with ourselves. Which deserves a good booing.

Not good enough, you wonderful *******s!

:faf:

Devine
I wasn't singing, I was stamping my feet, slamming doors and shouting "it's not fair!".

Because I'm a winner.

See I come on here to make points that disagree with yours and you resort to snidey wee remarks and nonsense like that.

So I will stop now as this isn't going anywhere.

My last point though is I've been to 95% of the games over the past 5 years home and away so to try and insinuate that I'm not a proper Hibs because I don't accept these results is garbage

Hiber-nation

Like Matty F
" I REST MY CASE "

Take note moaning bassas. Top post Sir :aok:

Thecat23
Same bet as me mate [emoji106]

Superb mate [emoji106]

Defo need to grab a beer next season!

ManBearPig
23-05-2015, 08:24 PM

Like Matty F
" I REST MY CASE "

That says it all.

scoopyboy
23-05-2015, 08:25 PM

To me the applause at the end of the game wasn't only about today but about the season as a whole.

We might not see Liam Fontaine or Scott Allan or whoever again in a Hibs jersey and it was an ideal opportunity to thank them for their efforts.

It was failure if looked at in black or white but the club have progressed this season and I am hopeful that next season will see the improvement continued that will result in promotion.

As an aside I don't think I can watch the play offs. IMO if Rangers go up it increases our chance of promotion next season but there's no way I can watch the game cos I know I would want Motherwell to win once the games started.

hibee_girl
23-05-2015, 08:26 PM

Like Matty F
" I REST MY CASE "

Kato
23-05-2015, 08:28 PM

Like Matty F
" I REST MY CASE "

Proud to support the same team as you, sir.

matty_f
23-05-2015, 08:29 PM
See I come on here to make points that disagree with yours and you resort to snidey wee remarks and nonsense like that.

So I will stop now as this isn't going anywhere.

My last point though is I've been to 95% of the games over the past 5 years home and away so to try and insinuate that I'm not a proper Hibs because I don't accept these results is garbage

I don't think anyone insinuated you weren't a proper Hibs.

I insinuated that you don't understand things.

B.H.F.C
23-05-2015, 08:31 PM
The players deserved their applause in recognition of their efforts. Because our failure wasn't down to lack of effort. However, I can't agree with those that feel proud after today. We started the season in the championship and have finished it in the championship. It's the first time in our history that has happened and is nothing to be proud of.

Fergos
23-05-2015, 08:33 PM

Quality post.

i clapped today, not because I'm happy to not go up this year - but because I love Hibs.

HIBERNIAN FOREVER.

GGTTH.

Malthibby
23-05-2015, 08:35 PM

Like Matty F
" I REST MY CASE "

:hibees

Shrekko
23-05-2015, 08:36 PM
There are definitely some folk who support the wrong club on this thread. Boils my p*** when I hear people connected to other clubs who talk about their 'rightful place' but this just takes the biscuit.

I'll always applaud my team when it's given 100 percent and played football in the way it's meant to be played. I'll also never have a problem with seeing the vast majority of our fans making it clear we know the clubs heading in the right direction. Footballs a game of fine margins and we could very well have had a cup final and a play-off final to look forward to-it's incredibly gutting that we don't but if we had nobody would have grudged us it. Such is life, but it doesn't mean we have to boo the players for being failures.

Surely nobody is a Hibee because they think we should be winning trophies or 'successful' every year- it's bizarre if you are because we've never done it regularly in the lifetime of 99% of our fans. Where do folk get off thinking we should be acting like everything is either black or white? -a bit like some of the Real Madrid fans tonight booing a great servant because they're not happy they're only 2nd this year and are looking for scapegoats?

The fans gave the players and the back room team exactly what they deserved today- APPRECIATION for doing everything they could for the cause and doing it in the right way. It was great to see mutual respect between players and fans- it's been a while. We're doing our bit because it'll make the players who are here next year even more motivated to do well for us.

weonlywon6-2
23-05-2015, 08:38 PM
Butcher and Malpas have a lot to do with the position we are in

matty_f
23-05-2015, 08:39 PM
There are definitely some folk who support the wrong club on this thread. Boils my p*** when I hear people connected to other clubs who talk about their 'rightful place' but this just takes the biscuit.

I'll always applaud my team when it's given 100 percent and played football in the way it's meant to be played. I'll also never have a problem with seeing the vast majority of our fans making it clear we know the clubs heading in the right direction. Footballs a game of fine margins and we could very well have had a cup final and a play-off final to look forward to-it's incredibly gutting that we don't but if we had nobody would have grudged us it. Such is life, but it doesn't mean we have to boo the players for being failures.

Surely nobody is a Hibee because they think we should be winning trophies or 'successful' every year- it's bizarre if you are because we've never done it regularly in the lifetime of 99% of our fans. Where do folk get off thinking we should be acting like everything is either black or white? -a bit like some of the Real Madrid fans tonight booing a great servant because they're not happy they're only 2nd this year and are looking for scapegoats?

The fans gave the players and the back room team exactly what they deserved today- APPRECIATION for doing everything they could for the cause and doing it in the right way. It was great to see mutual respect between players and fans- it's been a while. We're doing our bit because it'll make the players who are here next year even more motivation to do well for us.

Fantastic post.

Jonnyboy
23-05-2015, 08:42 PM

The fans gave the players and the back room team exactly what they deserved today- APPRECIATION for doing everything they could for the cause and doing it in the right way. It was great to see mutual respect between players and fans- it's been a while. We're doing our bit because it'll make the players who are here next year even more motivation to do well for us.

Well said, Sir :agree:

B.H.F.C
23-05-2015, 08:46 PM
Butcher and Malpas have a lot to do with the position we are in

At the start of the season yes. Now, not a chance.

Green Cabbage 7
23-05-2015, 08:46 PM

Exactly mate, great lost!:flag:

God Petrie
23-05-2015, 08:47 PM
The premise of the original post is daft. Supporting Hibs isn't a choice. What is there to "accept" or reject. You accepted Hibs when you started to support them Results aren't why I support Hibs. If they were, everyone in the world would follow Real Madrid.

FranckSuzy
23-05-2015, 08:48 PM
Same bet as me mate 

Nice one, thanks Trev :thumbsup: Received :aok:

Nakedmanoncrack
23-05-2015, 08:49 PM
If we are criticising any Hibs fans it should be those who couldn't be bothered turning up today.

Northernhibee
23-05-2015, 08:51 PM
If we are criticising any Hibs fans it should be those who couldn't be bothered turning up today.

Also Fish, because Marillion are ****ing pish.

tamig
23-05-2015, 08:51 PM

Like Matty F
" I REST MY CASE "

Brilliant jd. And I hope that makes a couple of posters on this thread and the other related one realise was supporting our great club is all about. Nice one.

Jonnyboy
23-05-2015, 08:52 PM
The premise of the original post is daft. Supporting Hibs isn't a choice. What is there to "accept" or reject. You accepted Hibs when you started to support them Results aren't why I support Hibs. If they were, everyone in the world would follow Real Madrid.

Or an even better team, Barcelona :wink: :greengrin

CockneyRebel
23-05-2015, 08:53 PM
Balls

I second that emotion.

Fergos
23-05-2015, 08:55 PM
Also Fish, because Marillion are ****ing pish.

Aye aul Deek Dick. Where was that cuuuunnn when you need him - eh?

And as for Dougray Scott? Anonymous the day.

Pished.

GGTTH

Andy74
23-05-2015, 08:56 PM

Agree. It was a recognition of effort for those players over the season.

We've still got some faults and we didn't get the end result from the season we wanted but the players on the park have given their all. There can be no question of that.

I'm hoping some of them at least might be encouraged to continue with us and go again next season.

I think everyone at the club has been working hard and deserved a little bit of appreciation.

CockneyRebel
23-05-2015, 08:59 PM
Bollocks.

Not very PC but very apt.

CockneyRebel
23-05-2015, 09:02 PM
Brilliant jd. And I hope that makes a couple of posters on this thread and the other related one realise was supporting our great club is all about. Nice one.

JDSHIPS- nice one son.

CockneyRebel
23-05-2015, 09:05 PM

Supporter? You? Just go.

Brightside
23-05-2015, 09:09 PM
if you don't like ti just be away with yourself. go. find a team you actually like. i support hibs coz the play the game the way i want to play ...most of my family are jambos. they don't get it. if you don't like our football. go.

Lee Marvin
23-05-2015, 09:16 PM
if you don't like ti just be away with yourself. go. find a team you actually like. i support hibs coz the play the game the way i want to play ...most of my family are jambos. they don't get it. if you don't like our football. go.

sounds like you don't get what some are saying. Jambos don't get what you like? I'm sad to say that doesn't surprise me.

Sick of not being able to say anything which isn't uber positive on here without being accused of not supporting hibs properly.

Ryan69
23-05-2015, 09:18 PM
You don't half talk some *****. Why should we be booing the team?? You don't see the improvement from first day of the season no?

Because we Faiied! Were just too used too bottling it so have learned to just accept it!

Baldy Foghorn
23-05-2015, 09:20 PM
Because we Faiied! Were just too used too bottling it so have learned to just accept it!

:blah::blah::blah:

marinello59
The players didn't bottle anything today. I suggest you learn what that term means.

Hiber-nation

The fans gave the players and the back room team exactly what they deserved today- APPRECIATION for doing everything they could for the cause and doing it in the right way. It was great to see mutual respect between players and fans- it's been a while. We're doing our bit because it'll make the players who are here next year even more motivated to do well for us.

Another great post :aok:

Thecat23
23-05-2015, 09:21 PM

I haven't leaned to except anything. I appreciate how well we have done from the beginning to now. We were unlucky not to score more in both legs as well. So we didn't bottle it that's for sure.

What do you think booing the team would achieve? I'm sure Scott Allan, or Fontaine would be delighted to stay on at a club where the fans have just booed you off for trying your best.

Alfred E Newman
23-05-2015, 09:24 PM

Mental!

If you feel that strongly about it why don't you just go away and support a better team with better supporters who don't stand for any crap and have better people in charge.

leggeto
23-05-2015, 09:25 PM
I think everyone needs to chill a bit,butcher left us in a major mess,I thought calderwood left a mess until butcher got us.
Stubbs has done well considering the time to clean up the mess he left behind.
Hopefully we can keep most of the team together and add a few new faces and we will be out to challenge for the top spot

Northernhibee
23-05-2015, 09:26 PM

Only bottler around here is you, the rest of us are gutted but we can hold our heads high and show our appreciation for a sterling effort considering where we were at the start of the season.

jacomo
23-05-2015, 09:28 PM

:agree:

Alfred E Newman
23-05-2015, 09:28 PM

Like Matty F
" I REST MY CASE "

Well said sir.:top marks

Ryan69
23-05-2015, 09:29 PM

Its called being sick as a dog mate!
We live upto reputation of bottle merchants time and time again and had made big strides.....But now its back to square one again! after yet another bottle crashing season with a complete overhaul as per usual....and it is sickening!

Is that the last 4 seasons in a row now?

Thecat23
23-05-2015, 09:29 PM

Like Matty F
" I REST MY CASE "

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Hiber-nation
23-05-2015, 09:33 PM
Its called being sick as a dog mate!
We live upto reputation of bottle merchants time and time again and had made big strides.....But now its back to square one again! after yet another bottle crashing season with a complete overhaul as per usual....and it is sickening!

Is that the last 4 seasons in a row now?

Another one who doesn't understand football, or sport for that matter.

worcesterhibby
23-05-2015, 09:35 PM

This..just this..brilliant post. A man who knows the meaning of the word supporter.

high bee
23-05-2015, 09:43 PM
Let's put things in perspective, we're all gutted not to have been promoted. Any other year you wouldn't have Hearts and Rangers in this league with us, so to judge the failure to be promoted on the same level as if we finished behind say Falkirk or QOS or the equivalent is unfair.

We know Hearts had been preparing for months prior and managed to blood their youngsters last season as well as riding the crest of a wave from escaping from the clutches of liquidation.

We were a basket case with no keepers and a bare minimum 'squad', we had mass fan anguish, talks of ownership change and another season of mass change of personnel. Rangers may be poor compared to previous teams but we still finished above them so it all comes down to the playoffs.

Let's remember we won one and lost the other, it was a lack of cutting edge in the final third that cost us. A common theme for the season which is disappointing but I trust Stubbsy to sort it out.

Let's judge him next season when we've had proper preparation.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-05-2015, 09:47 PM
Thankfully were not faced with adversity like the war generations.
The way some folks appear on her it would seem they'd melt away into a pile of wibbling angst.

Anyway what hat about that Eurovision presenter flying without a safety net ;)

jacomo
23-05-2015, 09:56 PM
JDSHIPS- nice one son.

I hope to still be here at 83, supporting my team.

My kids weren't even born in Scotland but they have inducted into the Hibernian family too. As a support we are often volatile - sometimes we boo and sometimes we cheer. There will always be disagreements and different points of view, but criticising supporters for supporting is ridiculous.

FranckSuzy
23-05-2015, 10:15 PM

I hope to still be here at 83, supporting my team.

My kids weren't even born in Scotland but they have inducted into the Hibernian family too. As a support we are often volatile - sometimes we boo and sometimes we cheer. There will always be disagreements and different points of view, but criticising supporters for supporting is ridiculous.

:agree: :top marks

jdships
23-05-2015, 10:17 PM
Thanks to all who commented on my post of earlier this evening .
I have been lucky to have been friends with a few Hibs players Erich Schaedler , Tam Preston , Ivan Sproule et al
These three were Hibees from " head to toe" and I shared/witnessed the hurt with them when things weren't going well
I also became friends with Alex Miller and he became very emotional when things were going badly
We chose to support Hibs FC and we must realise that the players feel the pain and enjoy the success just as we do.
Billy Liddle ( Liverpool) was a relative, thro' marriage , and he used to laugh about how he would rather be a player than a supporter as he didn't think he could stand the disappointments !!!!!

We'll be back where we belong - have no fear :not worth

Viva_Palmeiras
23-05-2015, 10:24 PM

Like Matty F
" I REST MY CASE "

Some may view you comment. with respect as "old school" but for me (brought up in the Miller era) if this view of support is ever viewed as "old school" it's morphed into something else but whatever we call it its not support in my view no matter how some in da yoof dress it up.

Scottie
23-05-2015, 10:25 PM
Thanks to all who commented on my post of earlier this evening .
I have been lucky to have been friends with a few Hibs players Erich Schaedler , Tam Preston , Ivan Sproule et al
These three were Hibees from " head to toe" and I shared/witnessed the hurt with them when things weren't going well
I also became friends with Alex Miller and he became very emotional when things were going badly
We chose to support Hibs FC and we must realise that the players feel the pain and enjoy the success just as we do.
Billy Liddle ( Liverpool) was a relative, thro' marriage , and he used to laugh about how he would rather be a player than a supporter as he didn't think he could stand the disappointments !!!!!

We'll be back where we belong - have no fear :not worth

Thanks for putting it all into prospective . :not worth

Ryan69
23-05-2015, 10:40 PM
Another one who doesn't understand football, or sport for that matter.

Im absolutely certain my knowledge of football is better than yours,

Eyrie
23-05-2015, 10:42 PM

Maybe it is time that you shared that knowledge with yourself then.

There was nothing wrong with acknowledging the players at full time. Or should they all have been publicly sacked over the tannoy?

Kato
23-05-2015, 10:43 PM

Blimey.

tamig
23-05-2015, 10:44 PM

Are you Andy Roxburgh?

s.a.m
23-05-2015, 10:44 PM

:agree: Agree with all of that.

Northernhibee
23-05-2015, 10:52 PM

All that time spent studying football and absolutely no time spent on how to use punctuation. Shame.

davym7062
23-05-2015, 11:02 PM
When u consider what Alan Stubbs walked into last year for hibs to finish 2nd was remarkable. We will win the league next year I've no doubt!!!!!!

Raymond
23-05-2015, 11:14 PM
Why no just stay in yer room and thrash yourself into a coma? You know who who are?

marinello59
23-05-2015, 11:27 PM
Any thread suggesting the fans are in any way to blame for where we are is bonkers.

poolman
24-05-2015, 01:47 AM

Half pint ? empty heid more like

Tinribs
24-05-2015, 03:01 AM

I will not read through 6 pages of replies before i respond to this.

OP? You were so happy to see all the Hibs fans sing and be happy at the end of that game? Fine, so was i.

But you think we are mediocre, it is in your thread title...and you ask if the rest of us are happy with that.

I say **** off you roaster.

Tinribs
24-05-2015, 03:02 AM
In fact no, just launch the yam fud.

Ryan69
24-05-2015, 04:08 AM
Maybe it is time that you shared that knowledge with yourself then.

There was nothing wrong with acknowledging the players at full time. Or should they all have been publicly sacked over the tannoy?

After every season of being let down.....4 in a row now!

I don't know any set of fans that have to put up with such embarrassment every single year!

I'm sick of applauding losers!

Ryan69
24-05-2015, 04:11 AM
All that time spent studying football and absolutely no time spent on how to use punctuation. Shame.

I didn't read realise it was an assessment!

Should it not be such a shame or a shame....if YOU you need togo into punctuation?

Baldy Foghorn
24-05-2015, 07:46 AM

I don't know any set of fans that have to put up with such embarrassment every single year!

Do you actually go to watch hibs? You have Amsterdam as your location, maybe you have had too many cakes from the cafe?

3pm
24-05-2015, 07:49 AM
Do you actually go to watch hibs? You have Amsterdam as your location, maybe you have had too many cakes from the cafe?

I always think Greggs miss a trick there.

Mikeystewart
24-05-2015, 08:04 AM

Here here !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottie
24-05-2015, 08:17 AM
Half pint ? empty heid more like
Cheers quality reply.
Why no try some constructive writing bud and read ma post properly. :rolleyes:

Scottie
24-05-2015, 08:22 AM
I will not read through 6 pages of replies before i respond to this.

OP? You were so happy to see all the Hibs fans sing and be happy at the end of that game? Fine, so was i.

But you think we are mediocre, it is in your thread title...and you ask if the rest of us are happy with that.

I say **** off you roaster.

In fact no, just launch the yam fud.
Over the moon with the fans response as I said in my op fully deserved. I asked the question in the title ( question mark gives it away ) Are the fans happy with mediocre on the pitch ???? Not once did I say I was happy with mediocrity !

Try reading the post correctly as you seem to be the one that's the roaster. :aok:

CraigHibee
24-05-2015, 08:25 AM
so looking at some folks logic we should only be singing and clapping the team IF we win something?

While i was disappointed that we never beat rangers overall i acknowledge there has been change and we will get it right, i was happy to show my appreciation to the players yesterday. i'm positive we will nail it next year without having to endure any playoff matches :aok:

Scottie
24-05-2015, 08:27 AM
Aye, it would have been soooo much better for the Fans to have booed at the end.

Why don't you just do one!
Keek I enjoy your piss taking posts on here but why not read the op properly and no jump on the bandwagon.
Like I said over the moon with the ovation the players got which was fully deserved and merited

My question was Are the fans happy nowadays with seeing a mediocre team on the pitch ? ( regardless how hard they try or how good they are ) NOTDo you think we should have Booed the team off the pitch for their failure to win the game. :rolleyes:

matty_f
24-05-2015, 08:47 AM

Should it not be such a shame or a shame....if YOU you need togo into punctuation?

There are people that can go years without managing to fit so much fail into one post. Well played.

Canon Hannan
24-05-2015, 08:48 AM

There were probably 1000 fans who fekked off early. The loyal Hibs support stayed and thanked the effort. Hibs will rebuild and strengthen. We lost to an offside goal at Ibrox and played them off the park. We do need more players but Subbsy is leaning. Have faith comrades. I am not an ubber fan - just pleased with progress.

s.a.m
24-05-2015, 08:48 AM
Cheers quality reply.
Why no try some constructive writing bud and read ma post properly. :rolleyes:

Fair enough. I'll try.

I would agree with that. Disappointed, but a) it's a game, b)we're light years away from where we are at the start of the season, and that's worth acknowledging, and c) quite frankly, we've seen enough spleen venting over the past few seasons, and it made Easter Road an unpleasant place to be, for fans and players and management. If we want to get out of the division, we'll do it more easily if the players and the management have us onside. And good vibe = hopefully more fans = more money for players.

We're in the second tier because we had a cataclysmic end to last season, and went down when it was almost easier to stay up. We remain there because we got relegated into the second tier at possibly the worst time in the history of the game, anywhere on the planet, to get relegated. Had we not had the unusually bad luck to also have Hearts and Rangers there, we'd probably have gone up.

With respect, the teams that are in the Premiership are irrelevant to discussions about our status, because we didn't get to play them. I think we and several others in our league might well have beaten them over the course of the season, but league composition isn't decided each season on status or general merit - only two teams can go up or down, and in both leagues there are were more candidates for those spots than places.

We came second, and we got to the semi-final of the SC. We did better than almost everyone else in those competitions. Are they all soft-touches as well, or is it just us? We've made a lot of progress, but we're not the finished article. Neither is just about any other team in our league structure.

If we're still where we are, or heading down the way in 10 years time, then you'd maybe have a case there. Just now, as I've said above, we are suffering for an unusual set of circumstances. This will have consequences, but I'm hopeful we can keep progressing. Nothing is guaranteed, ever, but I prefer to err on the side of thinking we're headed in the right direction.

Scottie
24-05-2015, 08:55 AM
Fair enough. I'll try.
Thanks for spending the time to answer my op with sense and perspective :aok:

Northernhibee
24-05-2015, 08:58 AM

There's a difference between punctuation and grammar if we want to be pedantic.

I could also be less pedantic and say that you're so far wrong with your original point it's unreal.

Just Alf
24-05-2015, 09:11 AM

I had thoughts how this place would look after the game so stayed well away.... Catching up now and my thoughts were 100% confirmed :agree:

Now, onto why I'm bothering to post this morning ...... See the post I've just quoted? In terms of posts on here since the game it "wins the internet" ...... :top marks

:flag::flag::flag::flag:

Spike Mandela
24-05-2015, 10:05 AM
The applause was an interesting one and one of the most remarkable things I have ever seen(heard) at ER.

It started a few minutes before the game finished. At this point it was clear the team wasn't going to succeed and one or two players were getting frustrated but it just started spontaneously and majority of fans picked up on it.

For me it was an overwhelming sense of appreciation that this team had played well, deserved more from the game and indeed the season but it just wasn't to be. Play offs were always going to be a lottery. You could almost feel some of the players puff out their chest, the Rangers fans didn't know what to make of it, they were perplexed.

I think it shows a sort of synchronicity between the fans and this set of players and manager. We knew how they felt and they knew how we felt. We certainly let the manager and the players know that we have their backs.

Yes we failed to acheive our obvious target for the season but there was always going to be at least one of 'the big three' that was going to miss out. The only thing that annoys me about the whole thing is that now the teams who succeed be it Hearts, Rangers or Motherwell are all teams that have used the cheats charter of administration in order to continue and prosper. Hibs as ever do things the right way but don't get the credit or success they deserve for it.

Very proud of my team and fellow supporter yesterday whilst still feeling totally gutted at failing to get promoted.

jdships
24-05-2015, 10:06 AM
Some may view you comment. with respect as "old school" but for me (brought up in the Miller era) if this view of support is ever viewed as "old school" it's morphed into something else but whatever we call it its not support in my view no matter how some in da yoof dress it up.

You write of " old school" You should remember that those of us who are over 65 were " introduced "to supporting a football team in an era where the only way to " see" football was to attend live games . " Match of the Day" didn't commence until 1964 .
To compare supporting football in the 1950's with 2015 is impossible but surely supporters attitudes are still the same
We were just as passionate/critical about following Hibs in those days as fans are now
As the saying goes " Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and our lives are built around voicing opinions and listening to others viewpoints

Hibs have never been a " spending" club , relying on rearing and selling young players to keep the club operating at a decent level
Don't see that ever changing even with "fan based" ownership .:greengrin
I look back on my 75 years and say thanks for the fun I have had in travelling around the country to support Hibs and to the many friends I have made standing on the terraces at ER .

lord bunberry
24-05-2015, 10:37 AM
Keek I enjoy your piss taking posts on here but why not read the op properly and no jump on the bandwagon.
Like I said over the moon with the ovation the players got which was fully deserved and merited

My question was Are the fans happy nowadays with seeing a mediocre team on the pitch ? ( regardless how hard they try or how good they are ) NOTDo you think we should have Booed the team off the pitch for their failure to win the game. :rolleyes:
I kind of get what you're saying, 10 years ago failing to be promoted would've been met with protests outside the west stand. I also worry that were seeing a collective lowering of expectations.
I think yesterday's reaction was entirely appropriate considering the mess we were in at the start of the season, but it doesn't change the fact that this season has been a failure. Next season is now massive for us, the fans will expect to win the league so the club must deliver.

Gordy M
24-05-2015, 10:57 AM
i think yesterday was a combination of two things, an appreciation of the players/stubbs efforts over the season, and a show to the rest of the footballing world that we are hibs and we are not going anywhere! i think the media esp wouldve been watching for some sort of nefative reaction and the support gave it a giruy to all those expecting that! Was good to see. Yeh we have had disappointments but we showed yesterday what a good support we have. Ive watched various other teams fall at hurdles over the years and when you see fans singing and chanting i always think fair play.... thats what supporting a team is all about. In fact there has been various threads on here about how fans of other teams continuing to show their support and how great that is, in similar situation to us yesterday. Unfortunately some on here question that as showing a losers mentality??

At the start of the season there was threads on here about us possibly being in the play off to be relegated ffs! We finished 2nd above the rangers and due to the system in place we unfortunately have missed out. I think most can see that we have come a long way, and ive every confidence we will go up next year.

Eyrie
24-05-2015, 11:00 AM

Then find another club that meets your ridiculously high standards, which would rule out Real Madrid given their current season.

And I'll raise your "four years" of let downs with over four decades of being a Hibs fan in which we've won exactly three trophies, and I was too young to be aware of the first. But gods willing I've got at least another four decades of mostly heartache ahead of me and that will make the occasional trophy all the sweeter when it does happen.

I do get frustrated by what I regard as our ability to underachieve but that doesn't stop me supporting the team and acknowledging their efforts.

Scottie
24-05-2015, 11:04 AM
I kind of get what you're saying, 10 years ago failing to be promoted would've been met with protests outside the west stand. I also worry that were seeing a collective lowering of expectations.
I think yesterday's reaction was entirely appropriate considering the mess we were in at the start of the season, but it doesn't change the fact that this season has been a failure. Next season is now massive for us, the fans will expect to win the league so the club must deliver.
Thanks LB you have summed up what I was trying to imply. :aok:

whiskyhibby
24-05-2015, 11:06 AM

Agree it has a rather maroon tinted view of the world.........

Keith_M
24-05-2015, 11:42 AM

Fair enough.

I don't think yesterday's reaction was acceptance of failure, more an appreciation of what Stubbs and the team put into trying to get us promoted.

The Leith Dutch
24-05-2015, 01:04 PM
We got punted to a lower division as a result of having an utter clown as manager last year and partly as a previous lack of investment going back several years.

Neither of those things are the fault of the players on the pitch yesterday (although I understand that some of them played a role in last season's debacle).

The club was a shambles when Stubbs took over and we were in, as others have noted, a very unusual set of circumstances facing two teams that most would agree are significantly better than the average Championship team.

We took 9 out of a possible 12 off Rangers and shared 5 each with the yams - and let's be honest barring a freak goal we would have shaded the points against them too. Had we not taken so long to get out of the blocks against the weaker teams in the division - not unrelated to having a new manager and a poor pre-season - we would certainly have been challenging for the title.

Hibs won the match yesterday against Rangers - making it 4 wins against them this season - and showed bottle to fight back from a poor result in the first leg.
The fact was we won the match and were in contention for turning over the deficit all the way through that game.
Had it not been for profligate finishing yesterday we'd have been gearing up for Motherwell.

I don't accept mediocrity on the park but then we haven't been mediocre. Lacked consistency and had some very poor performances but not mediocrity.
Am I happy we're still in the Championship? Of course not but I'm not surprised given the circumstances of the division and where we started from.

If I booed the team it would have been based not on what they did in the match or through much of the season.
It would have been for previous failings that aren't the fault of a great many of those I applauded.

So yes, I applauded because that's what the performance and much of the season merited.

tamig
24-05-2015, 03:02 PM
We got punted to a lower division as a result of having an utter clown as manager last year and partly as a previous lack of investment going back several years.

Neither of those things are the fault of the players on the pitch yesterday (although I understand that some of them played a role in last season's debacle).

The club was a shambles when Stubbs took over and we were in, as others have noted, a very unusual set of circumstances facing two teams that most would agree are significantly better than the average Championship team.

We took 9 out of a possible 12 off Rangers and shared 5 each with the yams - and let's be honest barring a freak goal we would have shaded the points against them too. Had we not taken so long to get out of the blocks against the weaker teams in the division - not unrelated to having a new manager and a poor pre-season - we would certainly have been challenging for the title.

Hibs won the match yesterday against Rangers - making it 4 wins against them this season - and showed bottle to fight back from a poor result in the first leg.
The fact was we won the match and were in contention for turning over the deficit all the way through that game.
Had it not been for profligate finishing yesterday we'd have been gearing up for Motherwell.

I don't accept mediocrity on the park but then we haven't been mediocre. Lacked consistency and had some very poor performances but not mediocrity.
Am I happy we're still in the Championship? Of course not but I'm not surprised given the circumstances of the division and where we started from.

If I booed the team it would have been based not on what they did in the match or through much of the season.
It would have been for previous failings that aren't the fault of a great many of those I applauded.

So yes, I applauded because that's what the performance and much of the season merited.

Well said.

s.a.m
24-05-2015, 03:22 PM
Fair enough.

I don't think yesterday's reaction was acceptance of failure, more an appreciation of what Stubbs and the team put into trying to get us promoted.

:agree: What's more, the applause before the end - when the players were frantic and jittery - appeared to put wind in their sails and drive them on. And they scored. It made a difference.

we are hibs
24-05-2015, 05:00 PM
Shows how far we have fallen when yesterday was applauded. Failure is now a yearly thing for us. Scary thing is the fans are now thinking it's acceptable. Shambles.

Hiber-nation
24-05-2015, 05:02 PM
Shows how far we have fallen when yesterday was applauded. Failure is now a yearly thing for us. Scary thing is the fans are now thinking it's acceptable. Shambles.

Shambles of a post.

green day
24-05-2015, 05:03 PM

Sniff

Malthibby
24-05-2015, 05:04 PM
:agree: What's more, the applause before the end - when the players were frantic and jittery - appeared to put wind in their sails and drive them on. And they scored. It made a difference.

:agree: Totally agree & I think that's what being positive creates, & what we'll need next year.
GG

we are hibs
24-05-2015, 05:05 PM
Sniff

Good arguement put forward there mate.

blackpoolhibs
24-05-2015, 05:11 PM

I dont think failure is acceptable, but i do think applauding the team when its given its all is the right thing to do.

By the way, i also agree. SNIFF SNIFF.

Pete
24-05-2015, 05:12 PM

Are we hibs?

marinello59
24-05-2015, 05:13 PM

Serious question, should we have booed them off?
There seems to be a concerted effort by some to portray anybody who felt the players were worthy of applause after putting in a decent season are automatically accepting mediocrity or are celebrating failure.
Its patent nonsense. The players deserved their applause yesterday. The problems our club still face and our continued presence in a lower league wasn't down to the players or the coaching staff. They were caused by people at the top of the club, some of whom are still there. If you want to target somebody for blame them perhaps you should be looking there rather than your fellow fans.
We failed in our principal aim of gaining promotion this year and questions have to be asked as to exactly why that was. What we shouldn't be doing though is failing to recognise that some changes for the better have been made both off and on the pitch. Much more remains to be done but anybody suggesting that Hibs fans giving the team a bit of support after an emotionally charged match are part of the problem is simply directing their anger in the wrong direction.

lord bunberry
24-05-2015, 05:24 PM
Can I ask you why you think the fans applauded at the end? Do you really think it was because we were happy that we'd failed to gain promotion? If not then your statement doesn't make sense.

stoneyburn hibs
24-05-2015, 05:41 PM

Everyone is disappointed that we didn't get past Rangers, yesterday's applause was the exact opposite of acceptance of failure. It was an appreciation of how far we have come in one season. There couldn't have been many Hibs fans that didn't applaud, was good to be a part of that.

Alfred E Newman
24-05-2015, 06:10 PM
You write of " old school" You should remember that those of us who are over 65 were " introduced "to supporting a football team in an era where the only way to " see" football was to attend live games . " Match of the Day" didn't commence until 1964 .
To compare supporting football in the 1950's with 2015 is impossible but surely supporters attitudes are still the same
We were just as passionate/critical about following Hibs in those days as fans are now
As the saying goes " Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and our lives are built around voicing opinions and listening to others viewpoints

Hibs have never been a " spending" club , relying on rearing and selling young players to keep the club operating at a decent level
Don't see that ever changing even with "fan based" ownership .:greengrin
I look back on my 75 years and say thanks for the fun I have had in travelling around the country to support Hibs and to the many friends I have made standing on the terraces at ER .

Couldn't have put it better myself JD.
We always look on ourselves as a special band of supporters. We always have done. We are kicked in the baws time and time again but we always come back for another dose. There are more frustrating times than good times but that's the way it is and there can be no argument that the last few years have been some of the worst.
If I had wanted to follow a successful team that wins titles and cups year after year I would have done what most of my classmates in the late 50s did and supported Celtic or Rangers. I didn't and I have never regretted it. Continuing to back the club does not mean accepting mediocrity as some on here suggest. Hibs are my club and that's it and if they are struggling I'll continue to give my support and if I am not happy with performances and management I will make my feelings known.
My mother was born in Leith, my son is a season ticket holder and 3 of my grandchildren are Hibs Kids . It's in the blood and I would imaging countless others on here could say the same thing. As JD says , 60 years and counting and no regrets.
While it is understandable that many are frustrated and disappointed that we missed out on promotion it is sad to hear fans that have only been following the Hibs for five minutes hum and haw about not going back and giving up the ghost. This season has seen probably one of the biggest transformations in the club I have seen. From absolutely atrocious under Butcher and playing some of the worst football I have seen a Hibs team play to a side that maybe came up short yesterday but is now playing good football once again.
Hopefully next season we will continue to improve and we will eventually see the club emerge from this grim period In the clubs history.

Diclonius
24-05-2015, 06:15 PM

Yeah it was better when we were booing everything.

familyman
24-05-2015, 06:23 PM
Yes it was disappointing not to gain promotion,but the applause was for effort on Saturday...The team lacks a premier striker and needs to get one to finish off the excellent football we often see.Tactically Stubbs is very much still learning and sadly no match as yet for certain managers, being too easily out gunned in that dept when it mattered......but it is his FIRST YEAR and in any job these things take time, so he is learning and we need to respect that and give him time to progress on that front..Of course he made mistakes who does not?
Alan seems like a good asset and when you consider the shambles Butcher created Alan S has done so much..it is a REAL SHAME THE SEASON DID NOT START AROUND 5 WEEKS LATER THAN IT DID.
I feel certain Alan Stubbs will learn and develop into a real prized asset for Hibs and while he and Leanne D did not suffer what we all had to last season, they will be hurting now.
Let us start next season with a POSITIVE ATTITUDE and if and when we slip up,accept that and learn from it.Hibs in my view still need a Captain Marvel who will drive the team on and on and on...you need to pay for that of course. also it is obvious a clinical finisher with PROVEN ability and experience.,Recognising the need for a decent size squad where injuries become less of a major issue in the team shape etc will need to be addressed as luck has not been on our side there....the rest will fall into place..if we do these things ..and we WILL MARCH BACK UP AS LEAGUE WINNERS!!!!

Jonnyboy
24-05-2015, 06:39 PM
The applause was an interesting one and one of the most remarkable things I have ever seen(heard) at ER.

It started a few minutes before the game finished. At this point it was clear the team wasn't going to succeed and one or two players were getting frustrated but it just started spontaneously and majority of fans picked up on it.

For me it was an overwhelming sense of appreciation that this team had played well, deserved more from the game and indeed the season but it just wasn't to be. Play offs were always going to be a lottery. You could almost feel some of the players puff out their chest, the Rangers fans didn't know what to make of it, they were perplexed.

I think it shows a sort of synchronicity between the fans and this set of players and manager. We knew how they felt and they knew how we felt. We certainly let the manager and the players know that we have their backs.

Yes we failed to acheive our obvious target for the season but there was always going to be at least one of 'the big three' that was going to miss out. The only thing that annoys me about the whole thing is that now the teams who succeed be it Hearts, Rangers or Motherwell are all teams that have used the cheats charter of administration in order to continue and prosper. Hibs as ever do things the right way but don't get the credit or success they deserve for it.

Very proud of my team and fellow supporter yesterday whilst still feeling totally gutted at failing to get promoted.

Brilliant post, Spike :top marks

we are hibs
24-05-2015, 06:40 PM
Serious question, should we have booed them off?
There seems to be a concerted effort by some to portray anybody who felt the players were worthy of applause after putting in a decent season are automatically accepting mediocrity or are celebrating failure.
Its patent nonsense. The players deserved their applause yesterday. The problems our club still face and our continued presence in a lower league wasn't down to the players or the coaching staff. They were caused by people at the top of the club, some of whom are still there. If you want to target somebody for blame them perhaps you should be looking there rather than your fellow fans.
We failed in our principal aim of gaining promotion this year and questions have to be asked as to exactly why that was. What we shouldn't be doing though is failing to recognise that some changes for the better have been made both off and on the pitch. Much more remains to be done but anybody suggesting that Hibs fans giving the team a bit of support after an emotionally charged match are part of the problem is simply directing their anger in the wrong direction.

dont think they should've been booed off either, but clapping them off sits uncomfortably with me. It's not like we were playing barca ffs we were playing one of the worst Rangers teams ever. It's also not the first time this season where Hibs havent won when it's mattered, for example ; the derbies before hearts won the league, Falkirk semi and against Rangers at ER. Then the first leg at ibrox. It's not like this is a brand new thing, it's the same old story at the end of another season 'what could've been'.

Baldy Foghorn
24-05-2015, 06:59 PM
dont think they should've been booed off either, but clapping them off sits uncomfortably with me. It's not like we were playing barca ffs we were playing one of the worst Rangers teams ever. It's also not the first time this season where Hibs havent won when it's mattered, for example ; the derbies before hearts won the league, Falkirk semi and against Rangers at ER. Then the first leg at ibrox. It's not like this is a brand new thing, it's the same old story at the end of another season 'what could've been'.

It was effectively our last game of season. Should we have traipsed out, with our hands in our pockets, looking at the ground at we left, silent and unemotional?

kaimendhibs
24-05-2015, 07:06 PM

Great post

marinello59
24-05-2015, 07:10 PM

Who do you think is to blame for those 'failures'. The fans as you target in your previous post or those at the higher echelons of the club? Suggesting that anybody was accepting failure is harsh. I'm certainly not comfortable with it.
Do you accept that we have improved considerably compared to the mess that Petrie's poor managerial appointments lead us to? I can almost feel your anger and I share it to an extent but rather than sneering at fellow fans perhaps we should be looking at constructive ways to build on the small steps we have ready taken under Dempster and Stubbs.

RIP
24-05-2015, 07:16 PM
I have around a dozen Jambo's in my circle of friends. Outnumbered of course by four or five dozen Hibbies.

In fifty years, not one of them has ever spoken in such ungracious terms about my club as some of the faceless wonders that frequent this board. I can't help but wonder sometimes in what way being a long time member of Hibs.Net improves my life.

Maybe I'm just having a bad day

we are hibs
24-05-2015, 07:19 PM
Who do you think is to blame for those 'failures'. The fans as you target in your previous post or those at the higher echelons of the club? Suggesting that anybody was accepting failure is harsh. I'm certainly not comfortable with it.
Do you accept that we have improved considerably compared to the mess that Petrie's poor managerial appointments lead us to? I can sleep pay feel your anger and I share it to an extent but rather than sneering at fellow fans perhaps we should be looking at constructive ways to build on the small steps we have ready taken under Dempster and Stubbs.

First season since yogi left where we have actually played easy on the eye football. I've enjoyed certain parts of the season and believe Stubbs (despite a few criticisms of his timing when making subs) will come good for us, however, I don't think the players deserved a reception like that at the end when ultimately, they achieved nothing and didn't turn up when it really counted. I blame rod Petrie for us being in this league, his mismanagement when it's came to choosing a manager has been unforgivable, but it goes further than him, it's almost like an acceptance throughout the club that being close to achieving something it's fine instead of being unhappy that we constantly cannot take that next step and do it when it matters.

TAHibby
24-05-2015, 07:23 PM
Don't know what direction this thread has gone in as haven't trawled through it all, but what if the reaction at the end leaves positive thoughts in the mind of players such as Scott Allan? Can only be a good thing IMO. The only thing I didn't like about full-time was sunshine on Leith being played, just didn't feel right

NAE NOOKIE
24-05-2015, 07:27 PM
No

Alfred E Newman
24-05-2015, 07:32 PM
Don't know what direction this thread has gone in as haven't trawled through it all, but what if the reaction at the end leaves positive thoughts in the mind of players such as Scott Allan? Can only be a good thing IMO. The only thing I didn't like about full-time was sunshine on Leith being played, just didn't feel right

I suppose the words are really more suited to a day like yesterday.

marinello59
24-05-2015, 07:33 PM
First season since yogi left where we have actually played easy on the eye football. I've enjoyed certain parts of the season and believe Stubbs (despite a few criticisms of his timing when making subs) will come good for us, however, I don't think the players deserved a reception like that at the end when ultimately, they achieved nothing and didn't turn up when it really counted. I blame rod Petrie for us being in this league, his mismanagement when it's came to choosing a manager has been unforgivable, but it goes further than him, it's almost like an acceptance throughout the club that being close to achieving something it's fine instead of being unhappy that we constantly cannot take that next step and do it when it matters.

Did Stubbs look or sound like a man who accepted it? Did the players? Stubbs has already come out and said he expects us to top the league next year.
If you are correct what would you change or do in order to make a material difference. (Pretend you have the power to do anything you want.:greengrin)

we are hibs
24-05-2015, 07:40 PM
Did Stubbs look or sound like a man who accepted it? Did the players? Stubbs has already come out and said he expects us to top the league next year.
If you are correct what would you change or do in order to make a material difference. (Pretend you have the power to do anything you want.:greengrin)

havent heard Stubbs interview or anything from the players as I haven't had the time to yet but I will later, and so he should be saying that. We should've been doing that this season, when we were facing a hearts team just out of admin and a Rangers side in turmoil but a slow start (caused by Petrie and all the chaos surrounding him) meant we were chasing from the start. I'd try and change the mentality of the club, make it known that failure isn't an option and if you can't handle the pressure of playing for the club then just leave. It's simply got to be a mental thing as to why we keep failing when it comes to the big games.

marinello59
24-05-2015, 07:56 PM
havent heard Stubbs interview or anything from the players as I haven't had the time to yet but I will later, and so he should be saying that. We should've been doing that this season, when we were facing a hearts team just out of admin and a Rangers side in turmoil but a slow start (caused by Petrie and all the chaos surrounding him) meant we were chasing from the start. I'd try and change the mentality of the club, make it known that failure isn't an option and if you can't handle the pressure of playing for the club then just leave. It's simply got to be a mental thing as to why we keep failing when it comes to the big games.

Do t you think Stubbs and the players he has brought in already have the correct mentality. As you say Petrie made disastrous managerial appointments which took us to where we were at the end of last season. If you don't think Stubbs has that mentality then what do you propose we do?

Swedish hibee
24-05-2015, 08:00 PM

Great post :top marks

Baader
24-05-2015, 08:01 PM

Hertz had a whole season to prepare for life in the Championship though as they knew at the start of season 2013-14 that they would be relegated. Likewise The Huns knew pretty much midway through that season they'd be looking at promotion to the Championship - which was their obvious target all along. We on the other hand embarked on a disasterous run under a useless management team and were relegated with the last kick of the ball in a playoff most thought we had won. The club had been mismananged for a number of years and got its comeuppance for too many duff appointments and too many seasons hovering around the relegation zone.

Relegation should not have been allowed to happen in the first place (in what was probably the weakest top flight in Scottish football history) but the sorry mess we were in did not allow us any time to prepare for that outcome. Butcher wasn't sacked until two weeks after the event and Stubbs wasn't appointed until a month after the Hamilton debacle.

liamh2202
24-05-2015, 08:54 PM
I have around a dozen Jambo's in my circle of friends. Outnumbered of course by four or five dozen Hibbies.

In fifty years, not one of them has ever spoken in such ungracious terms about my club as some of the faceless wonders that frequent this board. I can't help but wonder sometimes in what way being a long time member of Hibs.Net improves my life.

Maybe I'm just having a bad day

I have been thinking along these lines recently.. Thankfully it seems this board doesn't seem to be representative of the majority of the wider Hibs support

jdships
24-05-2015, 09:11 PM
Couldn't have put it better myself JD.
We always look on ourselves as a special band of supporters. We always have done. We are kicked in the baws time and time again but we always come back for another dose. There are more frustrating times than good times but that's the way it is and there can be no argument that the last few years have been some of the worst.
If I had wanted to follow a successful team that wins titles and cups year after year I would have done what most of my classmates in the late 50s did and supported Celtic or Rangers. I didn't and I have never regretted it. Continuing to back the club does not mean accepting mediocrity as some on here suggest. Hibs are my club and that's it and if they are struggling I'll continue to give my support and if I am not happy with performances and management I will make my feelings known.
My mother was born in Leith, my son is a season ticket holder and 3 of my grandchildren are Hibs Kids . It's in the blood and I would imaging countless others on here could say the same thing. As JD says , 60 years and counting and no regrets.
While it is understandable that many are frustrated and disappointed that we missed out on promotion it is sad to hear fans that have only been following the Hibs for five minutes hum and haw about not going back and giving up the ghost. This season has seen probably one of the biggest transformations in the club I have seen. From absolutely atrocious under Butcher and playing some of the worst football I have seen a Hibs team play to a side that maybe came up short yesterday but is now playing good football once again.
Hopefully next season we will continue to improve and we will eventually see the club emerge from this grim period In the clubs history.

:agree::thumbsup::flag:

Lucius Apuleius
24-05-2015, 09:16 PM

Don't get that last sentence at all. You trying to say there is something built in to the team to stop them succeeding? For how long has this been the case? Is there a common denominator?