PDA

View Full Version : The best fans in the world. Not easy when you're feeling gutted

iwasthere1972
23-05-2015, 07:04 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=74dM8ydU-g0

Proud. The lads did their best and we look forward to next season.

Wembley67
23-05-2015, 08:06 PM
Nowhere near the best fans in the world.

Green Cabbage 7
23-05-2015, 08:58 PM

True mate, amazing scenes today, onward and upward, GGTTH. I can't think of any other supporters who would do that brilliant Hi-bees

Alex Trager
23-05-2015, 09:35 PM

[emoji42][emoji379]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ringothedog
24-05-2015, 07:54 AM
In your opinion, not mine!

bingo70
24-05-2015, 08:02 AM

Very few set of fans have taken the same amount of kicks in the nuts that we've had over the last few years but we keep on coming back for more.

I think we've got a pretty good set of fans and we don't get the credit we deserve sometimes.

lucky
24-05-2015, 08:08 AM

Your probably factually correct because so called fans like you just love being negative

Canon Hannan
24-05-2015, 08:13 AM
We are not a bad bunch. Loyal fans who have taken serious lickings for years but love our club. The Hunz watched on after 90 minutes of terrible play and vile songs. Hibs fans are up there with the best.

Eyrie
24-05-2015, 10:46 AM
Very few set of fans have taken the same amount of kicks in the nuts that we've had over the last few years but we keep on coming back for more.

I think we've got a pretty good set of fans and we don't get the credit we deserve sometimes.

Agreed.

Wilbur
24-05-2015, 12:30 PM
I thought the applause at the end of the match was brilliant. Truly had a lump in my throat being part of that. Gutted at not going up but will be there next season to get behind the team again.

Wembley67
24-05-2015, 12:53 PM
With all respect chaps, we are not the best fans in the world. Every team thinks they have the most loyal fans in the world... As someone said we aren't bad but the best?

HibsNutter
24-05-2015, 12:55 PM
A section of our fans are very loyal, a section turn up on days like yesterday. But overall, our support is poor, it's embarrassing seeing our ground half empty all the time.

KeithTheHibby
24-05-2015, 01:33 PM
With all respect chaps, we are not the best fans in the world. Every team thinks they have the most loyal fans in the world... As someone said we aren't bad but the best?

Well who are then?

Wembley67
24-05-2015, 01:38 PM
Well who are then?

No idea, not really bothered in any other team.

bingo70
24-05-2015, 01:44 PM
No idea, not really bothered in any other team.

It's impossible to define imo.

Some would say Newcastle, Celtic, Leeds, man city, Dortmund but others would say its the Albion rovers, stenhousemuirs, Accrington Stanley etc.....

We've got a very good and loyal fan base, we need a period of success to get the numbers back regularly but I think all clubs would be the same if they'd been through what we had over the last 5 year's or so.

Wembley67
24-05-2015, 01:52 PM
It's impossible to define imo.

Some would say Newcastle, Celtic, Leeds, man city, Dortmund but others would say its the Albion rovers, stenhousemuirs, Accrington Stanley etc.....

We've got a very good and loyal fan base, we need a period of success to get the numbers back regularly but I think all clubs would be the same if they'd been through what we had over the last 5 year's or so.

Totally agree.

I'm certainly not putting our fans down that's for sure but it's pure fantasy to think this.

Booked4Being-Ugly
24-05-2015, 02:26 PM
Totally agree.

I'm certainly not putting our fans down that's for sure but it's pure fantasy to think this.The fans were different class yesterday and have been for a long time. Dunno why any Hibs supporter would argue against the perception that we are the best fans in the world!

Boyle89
24-05-2015, 02:41 PM
Gives me chills watching that. The applause towards the end was brilliant. Proper fans for a proper club.

California-Hibs
24-05-2015, 02:45 PM

Big your team up and have some pride, jeezo!

Bishop Hibee
24-05-2015, 11:25 PM
Best history, best fans, best club, best future, simple. Why would I think anything else, I'm a Hibs supporter :flag:

iwasthere1972
25-05-2015, 12:56 PM

Shouldn't surprise me that 99% of the comments on my video are from Yam tramps who have nothing better to do that surf the net looking for Hibs related stuff just to come up with wee team rubbish.

Trashbags.

Steve20
25-05-2015, 01:01 PM

They didn't deserve that. They failed. I know that upsets people but I'm upset that we fail year after year.

iwasthere1972
25-05-2015, 01:03 PM
They didn't deserve that. They failed. I know that upsets people but I'm upset that we fail year after year.

Oh yes boo them off the pitch. That would certainly help.

Give it a rest.

leggeto
25-05-2015, 01:26 PM

It gave the team a chance to acknowledge us aswell

JimBHibees
25-05-2015, 01:32 PM

Its all about you. Attention seeking drama queen. :wink:

Seveno
25-05-2015, 01:36 PM
I came away bitterly disappointed but proud to be a Hibby. The support we showed for our team was phenomenal and, for me, quite emotional. It was great to read the interview with Farid in the Scotsman today and see what it meant to the players.

GGTTH

SlickShoes
25-05-2015, 02:39 PM
For me Hibs fans are the best in the world, because I am one of them.

There really isn't any way to get any perspective on what it's like to be a proper supporter of another than to completely ditch hibs and then spent 20-30 years supporting someone else.

Supported them since my Dad could lift me over the barrier and will support them until I die, what league we are in is of no concern. It clearly is NOT good we are in the championship, but if you got in to supporting hibs to see success and trophies then you must be a time traveller from before the 1960's or just really old and lost your memory of most of the last 50 years.

Keith_M
25-05-2015, 02:43 PM
It's nice to be proud of the support your fellow fans give your team but I always find terms like 'the best fans in the world' a bit cringeworthy.

That and people that claim their favourite team is 'more than a club'.

It's probably true to them but that's about it.

Future17
25-05-2015, 02:51 PM
What on Earth does "best fans in the World" mean? How is it measured?

liamh2202
25-05-2015, 03:36 PM
Here's a question.. Put the applauding failure ***** to the side.. How many people actually felt better after a simple round of applause / improvement in the general atmosphere? maybe I'm getting older but I prefer to try enjoy the game no matter what the result. Everyone should also remember we won the game on Saturday

weonlywon6-2
25-05-2015, 04:41 PM

Give up on Hibs and support Celtic instead??

weonlywon6-2
25-05-2015, 04:45 PM
What on Earth does "best fans in the World" mean? How is it measured?

Simples, pick a team, support them and become the best supporters in the world!!

For me there isn't a team anywhere who has the best supporters, it's just a phrase people use

poolman
25-05-2015, 04:50 PM

Nothing wrong in thinking that your own team's fans are the best in the world :agree:

Pete
25-05-2015, 04:57 PM
Celtic fans are the best in the world.

They are the bunch that everyone wants to be friends and swap scarves with.

Wembley67
25-05-2015, 04:58 PM
Nothing wrong in thinking that your own team's fans are the best in the world :agree:

Yup, nothing wrong with thinking that. I like to think I'm also the best lover in the world... Again, not strictly true :)

iwasthere1972
25-05-2015, 05:03 PM
Celtic fans are the best in the world.

They are the bunch that everyone wants to be friends and swap scarves with.

Everyone?

Count me out.

Vault Boy
25-05-2015, 05:05 PM
Farid El Alagui: Fans will always amaze me. You just get knocked out and yet they're still here beside you cheering and lifting you up to go again. #Class (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Class?src=hash)

Pete
25-05-2015, 05:16 PM
Everyone?

Count me out.

You're not allowed anyway. You're a soup taker.

Unfortunately only the select few are allowed to have a special bond with them.

iwasthere1972
25-05-2015, 05:49 PM
You're not allowed anyway. You're a soup taker.

Unfortunately only the select few are allowed to have a special bond with them.

I like soup. Potato and leek. :drool: