PDA

View Full Version : Rod Petrie

SkintHibby
23-05-2015, 05:57 PM
When I think of outright failure in life I now simply call it the "Rod Petrie".

How the 4th biggest club in Scotland (with 3rd potential) is about to spend it's second season in the lower league and people accept this is beyond belief!

You lot need to wake up and smell the effing coffee!

patch1875
23-05-2015, 06:02 PM
Can we blame him for this season?

Don't think so

scuttle
23-05-2015, 06:03 PM

How the 4th biggest club in Scotland (with 3rd potential) is about to spend it's second season in the lower league and people accept this is beyond belief!

So tell us what we have to do then?

SkintHibby
23-05-2015, 06:04 PM
Can we blame him for this season?

Don't think so

Of course we can't blame him, he brought in scapegoat Leanne Depmster.

As I said, you lot bought the bull shiete!

s.a.m

The fact that we were competing with the 2nd and 3rd biggest teams in Scotland for 2 possible promotion places didn't help. If we had beaten one of those to it, presumably their fans would have been within their rights to say the same thing....

madhatter

Oh my. Not this again.

SkintHibby
23-05-2015, 06:05 PM
So tell us what we have to do then?

We collectively man handle him 10000 miles from ER! (That would be a start at least).

SkintHibby
23-05-2015, 06:07 PM
Oh my. Not this again.

Yes this again. When a country goes tits up you normally remove the person at the top. Not Hibs though - we employ someone else to blame!

tamig
23-05-2015, 06:07 PM

She's a scapegoat? Good one.

ionahibby
23-05-2015, 06:10 PM
Yes this again. When a country goes tits up you normally remove the person at the top. Not Hibs though - we employ someone else to blame!

Some folk need to leave all this Petrie rubbish alone. He has done exactly what we wanted by staying out of things and leaving dempster to it, i think I've read maybe 1 statement from him all season so he has hardly been pulling strings. Like somebody else has said it's hardly his fault we didn't get promoted.

SkintHibby
23-05-2015, 06:11 PM
She's a scapegoat? Good one.

Who employed her?

Next we'll have Leanne Dempster employing someone else to blame when we spend a 3rd season in oblivion!

Ah, **** it, i'm peeing in the wind arguing with fans who accept we are gonners (not gooners).

Pretty Boy
23-05-2015, 06:13 PM
As the man many ultimately blame for the last few years decline and being in this situation in the 1st place this kind of thing is going to keep cropping up until he goes, he's not going anywhere anytime soon though.

Personally I don't think this season would have been much different without RP as chairman.

SkintHibby
23-05-2015, 06:18 PM
As the man many ultimately blame for the last few years decline and being in this situation in the 1st place this kind of thing is going to keep cropping up until he goes, he's not going anywhere anytime soon though.

Personally I don't think this season would have been much different without RP as chairman.

Personally I think you are wrong. I also am gutted that think most Hibees probably agree with you. As long as Rod Petrie remains at Hibernian Football Club in any capacity we will remain in the lower echelons of Scottish Football.

tamig
23-05-2015, 06:19 PM
Who employed her?

Next we'll have Leanne Dempster employing someone else to blame when we spend a 3rd season in oblivion!

Ah, **** it, i'm peeing in the wind arguing with fans who accept we are gonners (not gooners).

Leeann Dempster has turned this club round in less than a year. She's done a fantastic job. I don't see anybody blaming her for anything. So how is she a scapegoat? Are we in oblivion? Is your name Doncaster?

blackpoolhibs
23-05-2015, 06:21 PM

His presence stinks, and will continue to until he's gone.

SaulGoodman
23-05-2015, 06:21 PM
Who employed her?

Gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are steaming.

scoopyboy
23-05-2015, 06:23 PM
The fact that we were competing with the 2nd and 3rd biggest teams in Scotland for 2 possible promotion places didn't help. If we had beaten one of those to it, presumably their fans would have been within their rights to say the same thing....

The perfect answer and at this point the thread should have been locked.

scuttle
23-05-2015, 06:24 PM
Personally I think you are wrong. I also am gutted that think most Hibees probably agree with you. As long as Rod Petrie remains at Hibernian Football Club in any capacity we will remain in the lower echelons of Scottish Football.

If Petrie was to go ,do you honestly think his successor would splash cash that we have not got. Most clubs now are cutting their cloth accordingly, Petrie takes blame for where we are but IMHO not for this season

Pretty Boy
23-05-2015, 06:29 PM

I don't disagree.

I genuinely believe LD is running the show now though, if that makes me naive then so be it.

GordonHFC
23-05-2015, 06:31 PM

He effectively owns 10% of the Club. We have been given the opportunity to get rid of him by buying 51% of the shares in the Club. When we reach that figure he can be removed from any power.

bingo70
23-05-2015, 06:33 PM
I don't disagree.

I genuinely believe LD is running the show now though, if that makes me naive then so be it.

I agree.

I don't understand why he has to hang about though? Surely all hand over work has been done now?!

Alfred E Newman
23-05-2015, 06:35 PM

Jeezo! How long did it take you to come up with this utter pish.

SkintHibby
23-05-2015, 06:36 PM
The whole lot of you (apart from Blackpool Hibs) are missing the point. As long as Pterie remains at ER IN ANY CAPACITY then the stench of medicroty will prevail. I'm guessing most of you are young ones under 40 who don't really understand that Hibs were once a good football team that normally spends their time in the top league.

GordonHFC
23-05-2015, 06:39 PM
The whole lot of you (apart from Blackpool Hibs) are missing the point. As long as Pterie remains at ER IN ANY CAPACITY then the stench of medicroty will prevail. I'm guessing most of you are young ones under 40 who don't really understand that Hibs were once a good football team that normally spends their time in the top league.

Over 50 actually and we have been full of potential for most of the 47 years I have been going to watch them.

Benny Brazil
23-05-2015, 06:43 PM

Would he have been able to score a couple of goals to get us past TheRangers?

O'Rourke3
23-05-2015, 06:44 PM

OK, there's the complaint, what's the answer? Please don't say get rid of Petrie. Give us all the simple and straightforward solution or **** right off back to Tynecastle.

The Green Goblin
23-05-2015, 06:44 PM
Some folk need to leave all this Petrie rubbish alone. He has done exactly what we wanted by staying out of things and leaving dempster to it, i think I've read maybe 1 statement from him all season so he has hardly been pulling strings. Like somebody else has said it's hardly his fault we didn't get promoted.

How much responsibility does he bear for our initial relegation which got us here though?? A fair bit imo.

That said, I do think that we just have to look ahead and not past. In a slightly bizarre way, when I think of Hibs now compared to a year ago, I am much happier with so many things: a manager who has us playing decent football again, a chief exec who communicates, takes a stand on things that matter, defends the club and is dynamic and outstanding, better quality players, much better PR and general communication with fans, lots of new initiatives, greater involvement in the community.....and so on. I no longer see the shame on the faces of fans who sat last year with their hearts breaking as they watched some of the worst performances in living memory by a squad that by and large didn't care. Hibs today bear no relation to Hibs a year ago. I'm gutted we lost today but I am also really happy with the progress that has been made from such an appalling shambles just 12 short months ago in such a short space of time. Massive credit is due to Stubbs and Dempster for effecting so much positive change across the whole club so quickly.

I am gutted we are staying down and I share some of the frustration of people who were debating why Hibs still need to find a way to deliver on the big occasions, but in a strange way that I still don't quite understand, I am also really proud of my club once again and that is no small thing, if you think about how things have been over the last few years.

SkintHibby
23-05-2015, 06:45 PM
If this Petrie love in continues I'll need to rename him Kim Il Petrie ffs!

Alfred E Newman
23-05-2015, 06:46 PM

Over 60 actually and for most of that time we have managed to underachieve without Rod Petrie.

Benny Brazil
23-05-2015, 06:47 PM

Where's the love in? Who on here is praising him?

Smartie
23-05-2015, 06:48 PM

Yep, I agree.

When we're looking for reasons why we are in the situation we are in then Petrie's grubby paw prints are all over it. He presided, in a very hands-on manner, over the period that saw us decline year on year into oblivion, ultimately leading to our relegation at the worst possible time (at a time when 2 other big clubs were going to be in the second tier making an immediate return to the top flight much more difficult). Year on year we seemed to focus all of our anger on whoever was the manager at the time instead of where it really should have been directed.

The aftermath of that decline led to the abominable position we found ourselves in at the start of last summer and a start in the league that stopped us putting in a stronger challenge for championship. Ultimately only those 2 other big clubs finished ahead of us (we even managed to finish above The Rangers in the league). From the appalling position we found ourselves in, getting promoted this season was a big ask and we've fallen just short. We simply gave ourselves too much to do. I'm happier than I've been in a decade - maybe ever - with things off the field at Hibs. Stubbs is convinced we'll be promoted next year - that's good enough for me.

There comes a time when you need to move on. Demanding heads on sticks the whole time distracts us from the real issues. Has Petrie REALLY had a negative impact at Easter Road since last summer, other than that his continued presence divides supporters? Are our problems REALLY off the park now?

Last year we needed wholesale changes - we got them. This year we need to tweak things slightly.

We're ten years too late to be demanding Petrie leave and to expect it to have a major impact. I'm no fan of the man whatsoever but know I need to rise above it. Whilst it would give us all a lift to see him go, imo the only real effect it would now have would be to give the angry mob what they want and it wouldn't actually have any positive impact on our chances of success going forward.

Baldy Foghorn
23-05-2015, 06:49 PM

I don't see any love in???

SaulGoodman
23-05-2015, 06:49 PM

Hibs league finishes since 1965:
6th
5th
3rd
12th
3rd
12th
4th
3rd
2nd
2nd
3rd
6th
4th
5th
10th(relegated)
1st (promoted)
6th
7th
7th
8th
8th
9th
6th
5th
7th
9th
5th
7th
5th
3rd
5th
9th
10th(relegated)
1st(promoted)
6th
3rd
10th
7th
8th
3rd
4th
6th
6th
6th
4th
10th
11th
7th
11th (play-offs, relegated)
2nd.

So really, we're never THAT good.

ballengeich
23-05-2015, 06:50 PM
No-one on this thread has posted any praise of Petrie. He's made mistakes in the past but I don't see what he's done wrong this season. As I understand it, a competent executive and manager are in place and allowed to get on with their jobs.

Benny Brazil
23-05-2015, 06:51 PM
Am presuming by this we will see HOH and the Gorilla suit raise their heads again.

GordonHFC
23-05-2015, 06:51 PM

Not one person has mentioned any 'love in' but you seem to have all the answers so how do we get shot of him?

Smartie
23-05-2015, 06:52 PM
How much responsibility does he bear for our initial relegation which got us here though?? A fair bit imo.

That said, I do think that we just have to look ahead and not past. In a slightly bizarre way, when I think of Hibs now compared to a year ago, I am much happier with so many things: a manager who has us playing decent football again, a chief exec who communicates, takes a stand on things that matter, defends the club and is dynamic and outstanding, better quality players, much better PR and general communication with fans, lots of new initiatives, greater involvement in the community.....and so on. I no longer see the shame on the faces of fans who sat last year with their hearts breaking as they watched some of the worst performances in living memory by a squad that by and large didn't care. Hibs today bear no relation to Hibs a year ago. I'm gutted we lost today but I am also really happy with the progress that has been made from such an appalling shambles just 12 short months ago in such a short space of time. Massive credit is due to Stubbs and Dempster for effecting so much positive change across the whole club so quickly.

I am gutted we are staying down and I share some of the frustration of people who were debating why Hibs still need to find a way to deliver on the big occasions, but in a strange way that I still don't quite understand, I am also really proud of my club once again and that is no small thing, if you think about how things have been over the last few years.

Excellent post imo.

SkintHibby
23-05-2015, 06:53 PM
If 1 person thinks they are right and 1000 think they are right then that does not make the 1 person wrong. It's called an opinion.

I count the days until Petrie is gone from ER. He has failed US and he has failed HIBERNIAN FOOTBALL CLUB.

SkintHibby
23-05-2015, 06:56 PM
Am presuming by this we will see HOH and the Gorilla suit raise their heads again.

Great, Hibees mocking Hibees. :-(

Benny Brazil
23-05-2015, 06:57 PM
If 1 person thinks they are right and 1000 think they are right then that does not make the 1 person wrong. It's called an opinion.

I count the days until Petrie is gone from ER. He has failed US and he has failed HIBERNIAN FOOTBALL CLUB.

So why state their is Petrie love in on here if its only about opinions?
You still didnt answer the question - where on this thread - or even this board - is there a Petrie love in?

Benny Brazil
23-05-2015, 06:57 PM
Great, Hibees mocking Hibees. :-(

Where's the mocking?

GordonHFC
23-05-2015, 06:58 PM

If it's only your opinion stop telling others to wake up and smell the f'ing coffee then.

SkintHibby
23-05-2015, 07:01 PM
Gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are steaming.

Maybe I am, and maybe it's because I am pretty upset this evening!

Enjoy your tea and biscuits whilst watching Antiques Roadshow. Jeezuz!

SaulGoodman
23-05-2015, 07:03 PM

:hilarious:

Charlie and the chocolate factory has just started on Sky1, might watch that. It will go well with the chocolate biscuits.

marinello59
23-05-2015, 07:04 PM

I think he should have left a long time ago as there are a large number of supporters who simply distrust him. He has lost the confidence of the support if you like. Would things have been any different this season without him this season? I doubt it, we would still be working under STFs strategy.

Baldy Foghorn
23-05-2015, 07:08 PM

I would suggest we are all upset this evening......No need to mock others though

SkintHibby
23-05-2015, 07:10 PM
I think he should have left a long time ago as there are a large number of supporters who simply distrust him. He has lost the confidence of the support if you like. Would things have been any different this season without him this season? I doubt it, we would still be working under STFs strategy.

Thats the point. The club is haemorraging supporters left right and centre and people on here tonight are attacking me because I think Rod Petrie is causing this.

I personally think it's a shame that people who want Petrie removed from ER are scared to raise their heads above the parapets.

Baldy Foghorn
23-05-2015, 07:12 PM
Thats the point. The club is haemorraging supporters left right and centre and people on here tonight are attacking me because I think Rod Petrie is causing this.

I personally think it's a shame that people who want Petrie removed from ER are scared to raise their heads above the parapets.

I am one of RP's fiercest critics, but no amount of discussion is going to change anything, whilst STF remains our owner....

marinello59
23-05-2015, 07:13 PM

I think you will find that the majority of people here would be happy to see Petrie gone.

Hibrandenburg
23-05-2015, 07:14 PM
Petrie is toxic in that he divides the club's supporters rather than unite them like he should be doing. Right or wrong he has to go.

Thecat23
23-05-2015, 07:17 PM
The fact the fans are still pissed off with him hanging around says it all. He needs to leave and we can all move on as one without this cloud hanging over us.

liamh2202
My only question would be... He never came from a Hibs or footballing background. And it was always said he was just a businessman. If that's the case surely now he has stepped back there is no need for him to be at games. Getting his mug all over TV in his Hibs tie.

SkintHibby
I think you will find that the majority of people here would be happy to see Petrie gone.

Wherever gone is, it would not be far enough for me!

emerald green
23-05-2015, 07:18 PM

The bit in bold. How do "people" remove Rod Petrie from ER?

I'm not attacking you BTW, but how does the removal of Petrie happen? Who has the authority to remove Petrie from his position at Hibernian FC? Not the ordinary supporters, so presumably it is either the owner or his fellow directors presumably?

SkintHibby
23-05-2015, 07:19 PM
Petrie is toxic in that he divides the club's supporters rather than unite them like he should be doing. Right or wrong he has to go.

:agree:

CropleyWasGod
23-05-2015, 07:19 PM
My only question would be... He never came from a Hibs or footballing background. And it was always said he was just a businessman. If that's the case surely now he has stepped back there is no need for him to be at games. Getting his mug all over TV in his Hibs tie.
He's a member of the Board

matty_f
23-05-2015, 07:21 PM

I don't know a single Hibs fan that wants Petrie to stay, so I find it hard to understand who these people would be scared of?

liamh2202
23-05-2015, 07:23 PM
He's a member of the Board

Does that mean there's a requirement for him to be at games though? I understood when he was running the show but now surely he could do his job from his living room

SkintHibby
23-05-2015, 07:24 PM
I dont not live in Edinburgh or come from Edinburgh but spend a lot of time working in Edinburgh. Whenever I mention Petrie to fellow Hibees I get a half hearted reply either way. Not good enough. Get rid I say!:agree:

emerald green
23-05-2015, 07:26 PM
I dont not live in Edinburgh or come from Edinburgh but spend a lot of time working in Edinburgh. Whenever I mention Petrie to fellow Hibees I get a half hearted reply either way. Not good enough. Get rid I say!:agree:

How? see my post #54.

Newhaven
23-05-2015, 07:28 PM
I'm glad someone raised this tonight.

For whatever side you sit on the fence I can see no reason why he should stay at hibs when he divides the support and has made us a laughing stock of Scottish football.

After last years horror story of a season when he got Leanne in he should have done a handover then walked. The man has no dignity and I fail to see what he can offer an alleged new look Hibernian.

After the downsizing and lack of ambition since winning the cup in 2007 we have gone backwards as a club whilst his appointments (calderwood, fenlon and the cherry on the cake - butcher) we have found ourselves drowning in the championship for yet another season.

I can only pray the first employee released on Monday is Rod and he casts no further shadow down Easter Road.

silverhibee
23-05-2015, 07:30 PM

Build it and they will come. :rolleyes:

Hibernia&Alba
23-05-2015, 07:31 PM

Very good post, GG. The past 12 months has seen improvements all round, though turning it around in one season proved slightly too big a task. Next season will be huge: we must continue the good work and get ourselves promoted; and there will be no excuses, if the division doesn't contain both Hearts and Rangers.

Pete
23-05-2015, 07:33 PM
What tangible benefits will we get if we were to physically remove him? Are there thousands of fans just waiting for him to go before they come back and buy season tickets?

It smacks of getting revenge more than anything else.

ballengeich
What is Petrie doing wrong at present? He's appointed Leeann Dempster and Alan Stubbs to be the business and football managers, and so far as I know is allowing them to get on with their jobs. What would change if he left?

CropleyWasGod
Does that mean there's a requirement for him to be at games though? I understood when he was running the show but now surely he could do his job from his living room

He's there because he wants to see the game. Don't see a problem with that.

CropleyWasGod
23-05-2015, 07:39 PM
What is Petrie doing wrong at present? He's appointed Leeann Dempster and Alan Stubbs to be the business and football managers, and so far as I know is allowing them to get on with their jobs. What would change if he left?

There would be less bandwidth devoted on Hibs.net to him. :greengrin

HoboHarry
Are you being serious? It's his personal right to decide where he spends his Saturday afternoons. Maybe you should start a petition to get him banned from games.......:rolleyes:

Blaster

Just do one. If you are at the wind up do it somewhere else. If not bugger off. Last thing I want to hear is nonsense taking us backwards.

If you feel that way find another club to follow

scoopyboy
23-05-2015, 07:42 PM

How many days have you counted so far?

How many days left do you think?

greenginger
23-05-2015, 07:43 PM
Petrie has his uses.

He is a good target for all the angst and bile flying about after a very disappointing day.

Who would take the flak if Petrie was gone ? Leanne or Stubbs ?

Or would we be overnight successes ?

liamh2202
23-05-2015, 07:47 PM
Are you being serious? It's his personal right to decide where he spends his Saturday afternoons. Maybe you should start a petition to get him banned from games.......:rolleyes:

It was just an observation mate. I personally couldn't care if he was there or not.. The point I was making was if he appointed leann to Take a step back and show he was distancing himself then being all over the tv at games maybe isn't the best way to do that.. Jesus lol

AgentDaleCooper
23-05-2015, 07:47 PM

The two clubs that have finished better off than us are hearts and rangers - the 2nd and 3rd biggest clubs in scotland. If there were any situation where by not being promoted at the first attempt would be forgivable, it would be this one. We did pretty bloody well, given that Stubbs had to sort out an absolute mess left by butcher. Dry your eyes - we'll be back, next year - I have no doubt about that.

ballengeich
23-05-2015, 07:48 PM

Yeah - Petrie's stopped us - Burn the Warlock!!!

CropleyWasGod
23-05-2015, 07:50 PM
Petrie has his uses.

He is a good target for all the angst and bile flying about after a very disappointing day.

Who would take the flak if Petrie was gone ? Leanne or Stubbs ?

Can I nominate you? :greengrin

greenginger
23-05-2015, 07:56 PM
Can I nominate you? :greengrin

We could take it in turns. Big Frank and Amit first . They've been on the Board for months and we're not world beaters yet ! :greengrin

Hiber-nation
23-05-2015, 07:58 PM
Some folk need to leave all this Petrie rubbish alone.

And some folk need to leave the bevvy alone.

marinello59
23-05-2015, 08:05 PM

And some folk need to leave the bevvy alone.

Some of us need the bevvy!!!! :greengrin

Carheenlea
23-05-2015, 08:07 PM
I can honestly say, I have not given Rod Petrie`s role at Hibs any thought whatsoever this season. This club is better placed than it was this time last season, albeit we are in the same position - facing a season in the Championship. This time though we will be in a far stronger position to mount a challenge right from the start. Whether Petrie is there or not behind the scenes I`m not really that bothered.

overdrive
23-05-2015, 08:12 PM
The two clubs that have finished better off than us are hearts and rangers - the 2nd and 3rd biggest clubs in scotland. If there were any situation where by not being promoted at the first attempt would be forgivable, it would be this one. We did pretty bloody well, given that Stubbs had to sort out an absolute mess left by butcher. Dry your eyes - we'll be back, next year - I have no doubt about that.

I have my doubts. I have a feeling we are about lose a massive chunk of our squad. I don't see this Rangers team getting past Motherwell and Rangers will invest massively next season. I have a horrible feeling we will down another 2 seasons at least.

Regarding Petrie, I'm not sure what he has got to do with us not going up other than two things.

1. I blame him for us being in this division in the first place. Years of mismanagement culminating in the Butcher situation.

2. Him waiting until Dempster officially starting her job before a decision was taken on Butcher. She unofficially met with Butcher and Malpas the Monday after the playoff. He should have either been sacked there and then or dare I say it kept on. The state of indecision cost us dearly in terms of planning and caused our poor start to the season. We had the insane situation where Butcher had told the out of contract players they were gone then told others to find another club only for this to be over ruled a few weeks later. Mental!

Hiber-nation
23-05-2015, 08:14 PM
Some of us need the bevvy!!!! :greengrin

Aye, only the happy clappers :wink:

Hibernia&Alba
23-05-2015, 08:16 PM
I have my doubts. I have a feeling we are about lose a massive chunk of our squad. I don't see this Rangers team getting past Motherwell and Rangers will invest massively next season. I have a horrible feeling we will down another 2 seasons at least.

Regarding Petrie, I'm not sure what he has got to do with us not going up other than two things.

1. I blame him for us being in this division in the first place. Years of mismanagement culminating in the Butcher situation.

2. Him waiting until Dempster officially starting her job before a decision was taken on Butcher. She unofficially met with Butcher and Malpas the Monday after the playoff. He should have either been sacked there and then or dare I say it kept on. The state of indecision cost us dearly in terms of planning and caused our poor start to the season. We had the insane situation where Butcher had told the out of contract players they were gone then told others to find another club only for this to be over ruled a few weeks later. Mental!

Where are Hunco getting their money from?

overdrive
23-05-2015, 08:22 PM
Where are Hunco getting their money from?

On the never ever as usual. Loans from the Lying King, Murray, Park etc.

RIP
23-05-2015, 08:39 PM
Rod is an administrator. He belongs in a behind the scenes position. The chairman and Chief Executive roles saw him promoted far beyond his abilities.

He held overall responsibility yet ruthlessly sacked numerous managers and executives when the club started to struggle. His lack of vision and leadership led many of these professionals to the dole queue and in some cases their careers have never recovered. He also has been responsible for ordering Regan and Doncaster to sack the head of SDS. The man has no dignity, no shame, no honour.

I remember regularly hearing how his performances at board meetings were rambling, shambolic, unable to keep on topic. He attended a Q&A at the Hibs Club, failed to answer the first three questions, repeated other answers and came over as football's answer to Captain Mannering.

His board is hand-picked with corporate types who think as he does. It lacks entrepreneurial flair, dynamism and creativity. Leanne has her work cut out.

Jonnyboy
23-05-2015, 08:44 PM
Rod is an administrator. He belongs in a behind the scenes position. The chairman and Chief Executive roles saw him promoted far beyond his abilities.

He held overall responsibility yet ruthlessly sacked numerous managers and executives when the club started to struggle. His lack of vision and leadership led many of these professionals to the dole queue and in some cases their careers have never recovered. He also has been responsible for ordering Regan and Doncaster to sack the head of SDS. The man has no dignity, no shame, no honour.

I remember regularly hearing how his performances at board meetings were rambling, shambolic, unable to keep on topic. He attended a Q&A at the Hibs Club, failed to answer the first three questions, repeated other answers and came over as football's answer to Captain Mannering.

His board is hand-picked with corporate types who think as he does. It lacks entrepreneurial flair, dynamism and creativity. Leanne has her work cut out.

Find yer seat (stand) eventually, Gogs? :faf:

CropleyWasGod
23-05-2015, 08:52 PM

Frank and Amit?

Leanne?

Andy74
23-05-2015, 09:07 PM
Can we try and have a summer without this pish and see if we come out the other end in one piece?

Smartie
23-05-2015, 09:08 PM

I would take issue with that.

I don't know how far back you want to go, but….

Mixu - rebuilt his reputation at Killie and went on to manage his country.

Yogi - manager of the year at ICT this season.

Calderwood - resumed his successful career as assistant to Chris Hughton.

Fenlon - went back to Ireland and has continued as a manager there. Not sure how successful he has been since he went back.

Butcher - has just got another job. If he's a success there we could look pretty daft. His career had looked damaged but he may resurrect it with this latest opportunity.

I think we, the fans, contributed a lot to the failure of the above managers at Hibs. We chose to blame the managers when the problems lay elsewhere, although I agree with your general point - these guys needed support from within Hibs and it didn't come. Petrie chose to hang the managers out to dry and strong leadership was required from him to back the fact that he had appointed them in the first place.

Also - who was the "head of SDS"?

Newhaven
23-05-2015, 09:08 PM
Can we try and have a summer without this pish and see if we come out the other end in one piece?

Hibernian FC - continually in transition.

CockneyRebel
23-05-2015, 09:13 PM
Who employed her?

Everyone has a right to their opinion. IMO you are an arse.

marinello59
23-05-2015, 09:14 PM

Whilst agreeing that Rod should go could you please provide proof that he ordered the head of the SDS to be sacked and his reasons for doing so. You seem to have an insight into these things that most of us don't. Thanks.

FranckSuzy
23-05-2015, 09:16 PM

That's some u-turn. You were forever telling us that BH, BL etc were "good Hibby's" before.......

Re the accusation about PG from SDS, I was under the impression that this was due to the unauthorised use of the Hibs crest, naw :dunno:

Alfred E Newman
23-05-2015, 09:16 PM
I am one of RP's fiercest critics, but no amount of discussion is going to change anything, whilst STF remains our owner....

Goodness me it's getting worse, time for bed I think.

Lago
23-05-2015, 09:17 PM
when i think of outright failure in life i now simply call it the "rod petrie".

How the 4th biggest club in scotland (with 3rd potential) is about to spend it's second season in the lower league and people accept this is beyond belief!

boaring

Baldy Foghorn
23-05-2015, 09:18 PM

:confused::confused:

Jonnyboy
23-05-2015, 09:21 PM

To be fair to BF, I think he meant that Rod is staying because STF wants him to

marinello59
23-05-2015, 09:23 PM
That's some u-turn. You were forever telling us that BH, BL etc were "good Hibby's" before.......

Re the accusation about PG from SDS, I was under the impression that this was due to the unauthorised use of the Hibs crest, naw :dunno:

You are forgetting his covering of David Forsyth's back at one point as well. If the club had a problem pre-Dempster then Forsyth was a big part of it.

Baldy Foghorn
23-05-2015, 09:23 PM
To be fair to BF, I think he meant that Rod is staying because STF wants him to

Put better than I did, cheers:agree:

FranckSuzy
23-05-2015, 09:27 PM
You are forgetting his covering of David Forsyth's back at one point as well. If the club had a problem pre-Dempster then Forsyth was a big part of it.

Could you not make the meeting that time either? :wink:

marinello59
23-05-2015, 09:28 PM
Could you not make the meeting that time either? :wink:

:greengrin

timewilltell
23-05-2015, 09:43 PM

Tiresome.....

marinello59
23-05-2015, 09:45 PM
Tiresome.....

He may have a point though.

The_Sauz
23-05-2015, 10:32 PM

This is a serious question:
Please tell me how you (or any other Hibs fan) managed to come to that conclusion :confused:

Hibernia&Alba
23-05-2015, 10:38 PM
This is a serious question:
Please tell me how you (or any other Hibs fan) managed to come to that conclusion :confused:

In terms of fanbase and resources we must be top four. We have the third largest club stadium capacity, and our budget must be amongst the largest.

connerg
23-05-2015, 11:48 PM

Well said. Oh, and if has escaped anybody's attention, Hibs receive 250K for staying down. On top of the 500k for getting relegated. Long term strategy has been achieved.

Well done Farmer and Petrie.

DownInAlbion
24-05-2015, 12:59 AM
We collectively man handle him 10000 miles from ER! (That would be a start at least).
I know it was an early kick off but you cant be that drunk? Enough of this rubbish we have enough evidence to tell us that Petrie now has nothing to do with the football side of things and more than sufficient funds are available next season so therefore he is performing his job as any non-exec chairman should.

:gwa:

marinello59
24-05-2015, 07:09 AM
Well said. Oh, and if has escaped anybody's attention, Hibs receive 250K for staying down. On top of the 500k for getting relegated. Long term strategy has been achieved.

Eh?

Clarence
24-05-2015, 07:13 AM
We are going to be in the second tier of Scottish football for two consecutive years. By my calculations, this last occurred in 1930-1932. This is not acceptable for any fan of the club and could have real ramifications for the team's finances, not to mention our ability to retain quality playing staff. I'm not part of the mob baying for petrie's blood but his stewardship has taken us there and in any other walk of life, he would have been politely moved along, all the way out the door. Many will point out that there may not be a quickly quantifiable benefit to this but he is the common denominator during the years of failure (other than the fans) and I think it's probably time for him to go.

Allant1981
24-05-2015, 09:09 AM
I know a lot of people dont like Rod Petrie and a lot of points are valid but i fail to see what major changes the board could have done recently except one, they could and should have got rid of butcher earlier, each manager that has came in has had money to spend so is it the boards fault that most of these players havent been good enough? What could the board have done different this season, IMO nothing. The players over the season just werent good enough

sleeping giant
24-05-2015, 10:25 AM

Dreary me :faf:

ChooseLife
24-05-2015, 10:37 AM
When Hibs, Hearts and Rangers where competing for 2 promotion spots I don't think any hibs fan could honestly say that they thought we where going up, we don't have the budget or fan base to compete with either of them so actually finishing 2nd is a real credit to the squad and stubbs.

Our last few seasons in the SPL we where right to complain, 4th highest income/attendance and finishing 10th or 11th, but this season we achieved what we should have when taking into consideration the opposition imo.

sleeping giant
24-05-2015, 10:41 AM
When Hibs, Hearts and Rangers where competing for 2 promotion spots I don't think any hibs fan could honestly say that they thought we where going up, we don't have the budget or fan base to compete with either of them so actually finishing 2nd is a real credit to the squad and stubbs.

Our last few seasons in the SPL we where right to complain, 4th highest income/attendance and finishing 10th or 11th, but this season we achieved what we should have when taking into consideration the opposition imo.

Are you serious ?
How do we not have the budget or fan base to compete with hertz ?

I'm reading so much pish on here.

Eyrie
24-05-2015, 11:26 AM
There is only one way for the fans to get Petrie away from Easter Road, and that is for us to own enough shares to vote him out at the AGM. That can be done either by owning shares directly or through HSL.

7Hero
24-05-2015, 11:55 AM

The "elephant in the room" - the thought of him makes me vomit...

green day
24-05-2015, 01:04 PM
We are going to be in the second tier of Scottish football for two consecutive years. By my calculations, this last occurred in 1930-1932. This is not acceptable for any fan of the club and could have real ramifications for the team's finances, not to mention our ability to retain quality playing staff. I'm not part of the mob baying for petrie's blood but his stewardship has taken us there and in any other walk of life, he would have been politely moved along, all the way out the door. Many will point out that there may not be a quickly quantifiable benefit to this but he is the common denominator during the years of failure (other than the fans) and I think it's probably time for him to go.

So, will that be three times in his Hibs career that we have been in the second tier?

I dont care if he is Chief Exec, Chairman or whatever - his presence is poison, you only have to see how divisive it is on here.

If he had any sense, he would call it a day and retire / go somewhere else.

The Falcon
24-05-2015, 02:14 PM
In terms of fanbase and resources we must be top four. We have the third largest club stadium capacity, and our budget must be amongst the largest.

I think we are 5th on most criteria, other than stadium capacity at this time, more often than not.

The Falcon
24-05-2015, 02:16 PM
Are you serious ?
How do we not have the budget or fan base to compete with hertz ?

I'm reading so much pish on here.

Hearts averaged 5.600 more than us per game plus are they not receiving payments from S.H.I.T?

Eyrie
24-05-2015, 03:12 PM
Hearts averaged 5.600 more than us per game plus are they not receiving payments from S.H.I.T?

Haven't seen that referred to as Save Hearts In Trouble for a long time :thumbsup:

Peevemor
24-05-2015, 04:49 PM
The "elephant in the room"

You obviously don't know what the expression means.

- the thought of him makes me vomit...

I don't believe you.

Newhaven
24-05-2015, 07:02 PM
You obviously don't know what the expression means.

I don't believe you.

Surprised it took you over 100 posts to comment and start banging your Rod is God pish on here. Busy this weekend?

Peevemor
24-05-2015, 07:17 PM
Surprised it took you over 100 posts to comment and start banging your Rod is God pish on here. Busy this weekend?

Where did I do that? There's only one of us talking pish.

Kaiserclem
24-05-2015, 07:25 PM

Hahahahha absolute clueless! The 'scapegoat' as you call Leeann is turning this club around. It's nonsense posts like yours that gives us proper hibs fans bad name. If Hearts and Rangers, potentially two of the big clubs you are referring to, weren't in the same second tier like us we no longer would be.

Absolutely hilarious your your thought in this.....

marinello59
24-05-2015, 07:42 PM

The Admin team on here were pretty quick out of the blocks at the end of last season when they signed a letter to the board asking that Petrie be removed. I don't recall anybody who signed that letter deciding that they want him to stay after all. Which makes your assertion that anybody here would be scared to ask for RP's removal look rather silly.

Gmack7
24-05-2015, 07:48 PM
you get what you pay for. his words not mine

Kato
25-05-2015, 09:59 AM
Is he still here?

greenginger
25-05-2015, 10:41 AM
Is he still here?

Yep, and he will be until the 51% shares in the club are bought by the fans.

Its all part of the cunning plan to move the shares.

Even if our Rod falls off the twig he will not be gone. Its been arranged that his body will be embalmed and continue to sit in the directors box on match days , resplendent in his Hibs blazer and tie smirking at us for eternity.

So, to get rid, get signed up to HSL. You know its the only way ! :greengrin

Steve20
25-05-2015, 11:08 AM
Hahahahha absolute clueless! The 'scapegoat' as you call Leeann is turning this club around. It's nonsense posts like yours that gives us proper hibs fans bad name. If Hearts and Rangers, potentially two of the big clubs you are referring to, weren't in the same second tier like us we no longer would be.

Absolutely hilarious your your thought in this.....

Nothing has been turned around, so people can say it as much as they want but it won't make it true. We were a second tier club when her and Stubbs arrived and we'll still be one next season.

There was no excuse not to compete with Hearts or at worst actually go up through the playoffs ahead of a Rangers team who have been laughed at by the rest of Scotland all season.

J-C
25-05-2015, 11:23 AM
Nothing has been turned around, so people can say it as much as they want but it won't make it true. We were a second tier club when her and Stubbs arrived and we'll still be one next season.

There was no excuse not to compete with Hearts or at worst actually go up through the playoffs ahead of a Rangers team who have been laughed at by the rest of Scotland all season.

I find your derogatory way of speaking about Leanne Dempster quite deplorable, even calling he the scapegoat in another post. I think we are all annoyed and disappointed we didn't pregress on saturday but this season hasn't been a complete failure considering the absolute shambles we found ourselves in last year, your posts this past 2-3 days are very negative to say the least.

Big_Franck
25-05-2015, 11:31 AM
While I don't think he has as much influence as he used to, I think Petrie's mere presence still has a negative effect on our club's relationship with supporters. I think it's fair to say that the majority of fans would like to see him completely removed.

I have no idea why he is still hanging about like a bad smell. The transition period that he was supposed to be helping with is surely over.

Alfred E Newman
25-05-2015, 11:33 AM

If you really think nothing has changed since this time last year there is no point in arguing with you.
The best thing you could do is go away and forget about the club and let the rest of us get on with it.

J-C
25-05-2015, 11:35 AM
While I don't think he has as much influence as he used to, I think Petrie's mere presence still has a negative effect on our club's relationship with supporters. I think it's fair to say that the majority of fans would like to see him completely removed.

I have no idea why he is still hanging about like a bad smell. The transition period that he was supposed to be helping with is surely over.

He's still here because LD is only CEO, we still need a chairman at the club to oversee the board room and he's still there as Sir Tom's man on the board.

green day
25-05-2015, 11:42 AM

Disagree.

If there had been no change, we wouldnt even be in the position to challenge for that playoff place - remember 5 weeks in? Think we were a couple of games off bottom? Certainly closer to bottom than top?

Well that was Stubbs in the job about 2 months, and by that time the damage was already done. Him and his team have done really well and I expect us to go one better next season.

You need to go and have a lie down somewhere, or at the very least stop posting until you have calmed down.

Big_Franck
25-05-2015, 11:43 AM
He's still here because LD is only CEO, we still need a chairman at the club to oversee the board room and he's still there as Sir Tom's man on the board.

If he was to leave tomorrow, what possible negative impact could it have? We are asked to believe that his influence is virtually nil now, so I don't understand the need for him to stay.

I'm sure Leanne is more than capable of communicating with Farmer when need be.

J-C
25-05-2015, 11:48 AM
If he was to leave tomorrow, what possible negative impact could it have? We are asked to believe that his influence is virtually nil now, so I don't understand the need for him to stay.

I'm sure Leanne is more than capable of communicating with Farmer when need be.

Pretty sure the club still needs a chairman for the boardroom, he is a chairman without the power to make decisions nowadays, that has all gone to Leanne. I'm pretty sure he's after the big gig at the SFA but needs to still on the board of a club to do that.

Kato
25-05-2015, 11:52 AM
Pretty sure the club still needs a chairman for the boardroom, he is a chairman without the power to make decisions nowadays, that has all gone to Leanne. I'm pretty sure he's after the big gig at the SFA but needs to still on the board of a club to do that.

So the only reason he is still here is to get a job with the SFA.

Given his track record at Hibs I sincerely hope he gets nowhere near any job he wants at he SFA.

The sooner he is away from Hibs the better. Resigning yesterday would have been nice.

NAE NOOKIE
25-05-2015, 12:53 PM

I agree that Petrie's continued presence around Easter Road is still a divisive factor.... But for you that seems to mean should he stay or should he go is what's dividing the fans. That's not the issue, everybody wants him gone, it just that as things stand now for most of us it has become more of a side issue than it was and there is good reason for that.

If as you say Leeann Dempster is a scapegoat then I wish to hell that the boardroom was stuffed with Petrie scapegoats. From the day she walked into the club she has conducted herself with dignity and not only that has backed up her words with action ..... When she arrived everybody was ready to laugh at Petrie's poodle .......... everybody, me included, was wrong. No matter how sceptical folk were at the beginning you cant deny the evidence of your own eyes.

No we didn't go up .... do you think you are the only one who is gutted that we didn't? .... Yes Petrie brought us to this, but it wasn't his fault we didn't go up. We are unfortunate that in the nick of time the Huns got themselves an experienced manager who knew what he was doing ... in the play off he got his team to play the game we would normally have played in the old days against a team better than us and he got away with it.

We have a manager now who has improved the team out of all recognition from the one which got relegated, no small feat considering the standing start he was forced to begin from .... I'm struggling to think of a manager in our price range who could have done better in the circumstances.

If you and others want to put our current failure to get promoted down to Petrie that's fine, there is no doubt our starting position in this league is down to him and the incompetent manager he appointed. But if you are suggesting that folk abandon the club now, just as an obviously competent CEO is changing everything about the club and we have a manager who knows a decent player when he sees one and has his team playing football light years better than it was then in all honesty you need to take the Petrie blinkers off and acknowledge the advances that have been made.