PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket prices

H18 SFR
23-05-2015, 02:38 PM
Like some others on the board, I decided against buying a season ticket this year, purely because I felt they were over priced for the quality of the product on offer. I felt the club were pretty open and transparent re their explanation of things, Premier league prices, Priemier league standard of team etc. Now obviously that hasn't transpired, do you think there will be any movement to make the season tickets more affordable or certainly to a price that represents value for money with regards the quality of the product (taking into account many of our opponents next year are part-time etc)?

We decided to use the money to attend a variety of sports other than football this year and I have to say it was refreshingly good, no agro at the events, no anti-social nonsense, just a really good experience, topped off by a visit to Borussia Dortmund right enough. The point I'm trying to make is, there are alternatives to the dross on show, I hope the club reasses their pricing structure and make filling out Easter Rod a priority.

Keith_M
23-05-2015, 02:40 PM
Oh great, someone suggesting alternatives to going to watch Hibs.

Just what we need

:rolleyes:

liamh2202
23-05-2015, 02:42 PM
Bought mine already and don't regret it.. Hopefully the prices help keep this squad together

BoomtownHibees
23-05-2015, 02:44 PM
Bought mine already because I'm a Hibs supporter. If you want to go and watch something else then on you go. You probably won't be missed

bobbyhibs1983
23-05-2015, 02:46 PM
Like some others on the board, I decided against buying a season ticket this year, purely because I felt they were over priced for the quality of the product on offer. I felt the club were pretty open and transparent re their explanation of things, Premier league prices, Priemier league standard of team etc. Now obviously that hasn't transpired, do you think there will be any movement to make the season tickets more affordable or certainly to a price that represents value for money with regards the quality of the product (taking into account many of our opponents next year are part-time etc)?

We decided to use the money to attend a variety of sports other than football this year and I have to say it was refreshingly good, no agro at the events, no anti-social nonsense, just a really good experience, topped off by a visit to Borussia Dortmund right enough. The point I'm trying to make is, there are alternatives to the dross on show, I hope the club reasses their pricing structure and make filling out Easter Rod a priority.

I think most people on this board were gonna buy a season ticket.I recall a poll type thing and i think the vast mojority whom voted they had bought one and another vast mojority were going to buy one.
as for prices, no chance they are gonna go down,

I think there are alot of people whom have got into the habbit of going to the game/easter road type thing, which is fair enough.I think another vast amounts of people feel loyalty in buying season tickets(walk ups).

Everyone has there views on things and thats fine imo.If people wanna go support the tea,club as a whole then great
If not fine.

H18 SFR
23-05-2015, 02:46 PM

Just what we need

It's the reality of the society we live in now. When I was young I went with my dad home and away, I can remember some truly rotten away days under Blackley and Miller etc but we kept on going. The difference is that nowadays there are genuine alternatives for a family at the weekend, hence the reason of my post...what can the club do to ensure that supporters DON'T find alternatives?

Is reassessing the pricing structure the stimulus to ensure ER IS full?

hibee_girl
23-05-2015, 02:50 PM
Bought mine already and don't regret it.. Hopefully the prices help keep this squad together

:agree: didn't even think twice about it

H18 SFR
23-05-2015, 02:50 PM
Bought mine already because I'm a Hibs supporter. If you want to go and watch something else then on you go. You probably won't be missed

Fair enough, it's good to know the club will cope with a loss in revenue if supporters on mass or certainly a relatively large amount (500-100)find alternatives. Saying that, I'm sure many fans would prefer a full stadium for atmosphere etc but maybe that's not the case.

Pete
23-05-2015, 02:55 PM

Just what we need

Fantastic timing too.

CraigHibee
23-05-2015, 02:57 PM

Just what we need

It's Bobby Williamson in disguise :)

I renewed mine without a second thought

H18 SFR
23-05-2015, 02:59 PM
Fantastic timing too.

Lol, I'm not, I'm asking what our strategy should be to fill Easter Road. For the avoidance of doubt, I'm meaning what can we do to fill Easter Road? I'm then asking, should we look at the pricing structure. Again, I'm not promoting the idea of not attending, I'm merely highlighting that other option exist in the wider scheme of things.

Jack
23-05-2015, 03:01 PM
I bought my first season ticket in a good few years for next season.

I quite enjoyed going along and seeing a decent team winning and our supporters mostly enjoying themselves. The previous seasons had become a bit of a hate fest never mind the football on show.

Maybe a bit of a goals and glory hunter but winning more games this season than the previous two seasons combined has felt good.

That feeling won't last beyond next season if we don't go up. We really need to get off to a flier and maintain a high standard throughout the season.

H18 SFR
23-05-2015, 03:02 PM
With hindsight, maybe this post requires more thought than people can commit to after today's outcome. Maybe a moderator could delete it, I can't on my phone?